PDA

View Full Version : A Chief's road game question?

Stinger
12-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Was thinking about this last night and I could not come up with the answer. When was the last time the Chiefs won a meaningful game on the road????

SNR
12-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Probably the win at Baltimore in 2004.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I would say back when they won their SuperBowl... THAT --- was the last meaningful road victory... They had to win every game on the road --- and they did it...

Other than that --- there never has been a MEANINGFUL game in Chiefs history... If there was --- we would have been in other SuperBowls...

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Probably the win at Baltimore in 2004.
Not sure what's so all-fire important about a win in the first week of October, when you're already 0-3.
The 2003 win in SD might've been important, if we didn't follow up with embarasssing road losses in MN and Den, then a horrible playoff game in AH against the Colts.
Even the last road win in 97, I think things were pretty cinched up.

Probably the last important road win was in Houston against the Oilers.

SNR
12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Not sure what's so all-fire important about a win in the first week of October, when you're already 0-3.Because that was a must-win game. We all thought the playoffs were hopeless, but obviously the Chiefs didn't because they kept trying to win games. Therefore, with their backs to the wall, the Chiefs pulled out a tough road victory in dominating fashion. That's why.

JBucc
12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
GB in 03?

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Because that was a must-win game. We all thought the playoffs were hopeless, but obviously the Chiefs didn't because they kept trying to win games. Therefore, with their backs to the wall, the Chiefs pulled out a tough road victory in dominating fashion. That's why.
And that got us what, exactly?

noa
12-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I thought our win in St. Louis this season was important. It put our record at 5-3. St. Louis isn't a tough environment for an away game, especially since half the stadium was Chiefs fans, but it was still an important win for us at the time.

SNR
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
And that got us what, exactly?Umm? Meaning? He asked for a meaningful road win.

It got us jack shit, but it was the last time this team showed any balls on the road. If you can name another more recent game in which the Chiefs didn't play like cock, please let me know.

Baby Lee
12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Umm? Meaning? He asked for a meaningful road win.

It got us jack shit, but it was the last time this team showed any balls on the road.
OIC, meaningful in the sense of making us feel good about ourselves.
For me meaningful means one of two things, in the playoffs, or directly and contemporaneously significantly vital to our playoff prospects.
If you can name another more recent game in which the Chiefs didn't play like cock, please let me know.
I named our last meaningful road win, over the Oilers in 1993.

Stinger
12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
OIC, meaningful in the sense of making us feel good about ourselves.
For me meaningful means one of two things, in the playoffs, or directly and contemporaneously significantly vital to our playoff prospects.

I am sorry for the vagueness of the original question. This is what I had in mind, but I understand SNR's view as well.

BigRedChief
12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
What is meaniful? To me the last one would be our last Playoff win at Houstion. 1994? 0r 1993 ? Cash firing the football into picture of Buddy Ryan on that poster. We had swagger back then

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
We had swagger back then

Exactly... This team would rather buy flowers for the opposing teams mothers, than rather go out with an attitude and kick some butt...

Not only does this team have no heart --- they have don't have a "get pissed off and kill someone" attitude...

I'd take the T.O. attitude right now...Give me Brian Urlacher(sp) --- give me the fire of a rookie like Vince Young...

This team is SOFT !!!

GROB
12-18-2006, 03:21 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3584614#post3584614

I already asked the question.

thedude
12-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Exactly... This team would rather buy flowers for the opposing teams mothers, than rather go out with an attitude and kick some butt...

Not only does this team have no heart --- they have don't have a "get pissed off and kill someone" attitude...

I'd take the T.O. attitude right now...Give me Brian Urlacher(sp) --- give me the fire of a rookie like Vince Young...

This team is SOFT !!!

I think Bernard Pollard could kill a man. Literally kill a man.

thedude
12-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I must add: Kill him dead. Yes. Dead.