PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chiefs better than their record?

BigRedChief
12-18-2006, 12:25 PM
They have allowed 276 points this season.
They have scored 276 points this season.
They are 7-7.
What say you?

StcChief
12-18-2006, 12:27 PM
4 of our W are against NFCW :) enough said.
Worse than our record.

SLAG
12-18-2006, 12:28 PM
we suck

Herm#1
12-18-2006, 12:30 PM
I dont think we are...

Herm Edwards is a legend and one of the best coaches in the league...If not the best...So its not the coaching, has to be the players...

cdcox
12-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Football Outsiders tries to figure this out by analyzing play-by-play data without looking at the scores. Going into this week they had us down for 7.0 estimated wins. I'd say our record perfectly reflects how good we are.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
4 of our W are against NFCW :) enough said.
Worse than our record.

Agreed.

Arizona all but handed us a win.

Seattle gave us fits without Hasslebeck and Alexander at home.

We needed a 53 yarder from Tynes to beat SD at home after having a huge lead.

We've dominated two teams this year. St. Louis and San Francisco. Combined record: 12-16.

Considering the losses of Roaf, and Welbourne, Trent, DJ, Waters, etc for stretches, I think we're lucky to be 7-7.

Chiefnj
12-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Better than their record? Nope. I'd say they are the third worst team in the AFC.

The entire AFC North has beaten them. I think the entire AFC East could beat them (Miami did and they are in 4th). The Colts could beat them, as well as the Titans.

That leaves the Texans, Raiders and possibly the Jags. I think, and hope, the Jags win the final game.

siberian khatru
12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Before the season I thought we were an 8-8/9-7 team. They've done nothing to change my mind (although prior to the Cleveland game I thought they had a decent chance of overachieving).

Rooster
12-18-2006, 12:43 PM
They are who we thought they were, now Crown their ass!!!

Woodrow Call
12-18-2006, 12:48 PM
If you look at the talent level I would say worse and that is why I feel Herm has done a better job than he gets credit for.

QB-Average
WR-Horrible
OL-Horrible
DT-Horrible
LB-Average
CB-Average
S-Horrible
Depth-Horrible

Only RB,TE, and maybe DE are above average. The talent level is alot closer to the Raiders than I care to admit. Hell at least the Raiders have great young D.

Herm#1
12-18-2006, 01:04 PM
If you look at the talent level I would say worse and that is why I feel Herm has done a better job than he gets credit for.

QB-Average
WR-Horrible
OL-Horrible
DT-Horrible
LB-Average
CB-Average
S-Horrible
Depth-Horrible

Only RB,TE, and maybe DE are above average. The talent level is alot closer to the Raiders than I care to admit. Hell at least the Raiders have great young D.

Herm gets no Credit but hes the best coach in the league...Nobody is really even close..You cant only go by his record in his 1st season here..But there is no doubt he has the best coaching ability in the NFL or maybe even all time..Hes that good!

The Best

HonestChieffan
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Every game we sink lower...is that not enough evidence that Herm is a legend in his mind only?

DJJasonp
12-18-2006, 02:57 PM
We should have lost at Arizona
We needed a miracle late-drive to beat Oakland (at home no less)
We barely edged out SD at home

We could easily be 4-10 right now.

Because the way we bounced back from Pitt and won a few games....I'll say coaching has won us a couple games....but it's also cost us an equal or more amount of games.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Ive heard everyone here bitch about this and that. Saying its the coaches, its the players, its the scheme. Yada yada yada. the problem is trent green. We were a serious playoff contender with huard in. its that simple. He rallied the team around him better. he outperformed green. 1int which was a fluke interception that bounced off the helmet of black into troy palumulas hands. We had a winning record with him. Our offense started to stabilize and stedily improve under huard. Look at the cowboys. Parcells made the coaching decision of the year IMO to sit bledsoe and start romo. Green should have not gotten his job back due to his injury. We were in a priest LJ type situation here. LJ was out performing priest but priest remainded the starter anywyas. This frusterated alot of chief fans. Priest goes down and LJ proves he should have been the starter the whole time. Well samething applys with green and huard. Huard outperformed green in every facit of the game when he was in. We would still be talking playoffs if huard was qb for the chiefs. Green has takin this team down to his low. I blame herm for making the stupidest coaching decision of the year!!

BigVE
12-18-2006, 04:19 PM
They have allowed 276 points this season.
They have scored 276 points this season.
They are 7-7.
What say you?

Certainly not.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2006, 04:21 PM
no. We are what we are. Chiefs fans (myself included) have seriously overestimated this teams ability for a long time.

Its time to start over in my opinion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2006, 04:21 PM
This is a 4-12 team that is 7-7 because of one reason: the fans. Without Arrowhead, this team is just as bad as Detroit, Cleveland, Arizona, etc.

DTLB58
12-18-2006, 04:36 PM
no. We are what we are. Chiefs fans (myself included) have seriously overestimated this teams ability for a long time.

Exactly. As Bill Parcells says, "You are what you are"

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 04:57 PM

A lot of us have, Deberg.

And it's the biggest reason why we're disappointed every year, IMO.

When you go back and look at the draft history of this team dating back to 2000, (obviously could go a lot further, but as far as recent rebuilding is concerned) it's amazing to me that we've had seasons above .500

I posted this in another thread, but:

What do we have to show for 3 years worth of drafts between 2000-2002?

Dante, Wesley, Sims.

You simply cannot expect to draft like garbage, replenish your roster with aging veterans, and expect to field a playoff team. Sooner or later it catches up to you. The lack of young talent, especially on offense is unacceptable.