PDA

View Full Version : Time to blow up the offense and start over and more

KCChiefsFan88
12-18-2006, 04:48 PM
I'd like to order...

1) Matt Schaub from the Atlanta Falcons (restricted free agent) as the Chiefs new starting QB. I see a younger Trent Green with a stronger arm in him.

2) Multiple new WRs that can 1) consistently run crisp routes and break free from coverage and generate big plays in the passing game, 2) catch the tough pass on third down.

3) A new starting left tackle, a new starting right tackle and a decent replacement at right guard for the soon-to-be retired Will Shields.

4) A new offensive coordinator who 1) Has the balls to stand up to Herm wanting to Hermanize the offensive playcalling 2) Has a clue about how to make in-game adjustments to react to what the opposing defense is doing 2) Has a clue about how to field a productive passing game capable of producing big plays (calling pass plays of more than 2 yards might help).

5) A new GM (this has been a standing order for about 10 years now).

6) Ownership that is 100% committed to winning a Super Bowl. All the talk about Lamar Hunt's legacy, as an owner he was mediocre at best in terms of his dedication to winning a Super Bowl. See the post-Hank Stram era until Carl/Marty when the Chiefs were the Detroit Lions/Arizona Cardinals of the NFL, yet Hunt continued to stick with Jack Steadman. See the past 10 years that have produced two playoff berths and zero playoff wins... yet Lamar continued to stick with Peterson. I have zero faith that Clark Hunt, who appears to be nothing more than a bottom-line focused/number crunching stiff will be any improvement in this regard.

Of course hell will freeze over and the state of Colorado will produce a halfway attractive female before any of this happens so I won't be holding my breath.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Why don't you just put us in the NFC West while you're at it.

tk13
12-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I am a bit concerned about the QB position, because people seem so quick to want to replace Trent... that is not an easy thing to do. It took us 30 years to find a good QB after Len Dawson. There just aren't that many good QB's in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Asking for a starting QB is stupid. Stupid. Do you really think Schaub, coming from a WCO, is going to do any better next year than Croyle, who at least has a year in the system??

I also think that we don't need a guard. Black, Wellbourne, Stallings were all drafted as guards. Wellbourne was a good guard in Philly, and Black is a smart kid and its his natural position.

We need 1 OT, maybe 2 depending on how Terry develops.

This offseason, the focus should be on DT, OT, WR and a new OC. *Hopefully* Al gets fired and comes back here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Easy 6
12-18-2006, 05:04 PM
If Trent goes i might be more inclined to want to see Brody than i have been in the past.

If we can maintain atleast a B average line & put a true playmaker at WR, he may well put some lights out. Brody can stretch the field with his arm, Trent at his peak never could. Known passing downs were not good for Trent, but Brody has the arm to drop back & bomb it.

He will have a full year under his belt & will have added prolly 10 pds. of muscle. Watching guys like cutler chuck bombs has me very intrigued with Croyle at this point.