PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson: Chiefs are too predictable!

kotong
12-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Larry Johnson: Chiefs are too predictable

DOUG TUCKER

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Larry Johnson's theory for what ails Kansas City's offense may land him in the doghouse with his coaches, and probably some of his teammates, as well.

The outspoken running back says the Chiefs have become too predictable and need to vary their play-calling.

"When you do the same things over and over again, a good defense ... they're going to do things to stop you," Johnson said after LaDainian Tomlinson and the San Diego Chargers handed the Chiefs (7-7) a 20-9 whipping that virtually eliminated Kansas City from playoff contention.

"If you don't switch it up, if you don't do different things, that's how it goes," said Johnson. "We played them a lot of weeks ago, and they see what we do on tape, you know, we never changed a bit of it, and that's what happens."

Coach Herm Edwards said Monday he was not concerned with Johnson's criticism of the offense and the way first-year coordinator Mike Solari is running it.

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/state/16269200.htm

------------------------

What happens if LJ decides to leave KC? No LJ and TG = 1-15 season.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 06:27 PM
He is 100% right...

noa
12-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Its hard to switch things up when you can't protect your quarterback.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2006, 06:31 PM
:clap:

Good job, LJ. Speak truth to the shark-faced motherf*cker.

Chief Roundup
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
LJ is right we are way to predictable....

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
:clap:

Good job, LJ. Speak truth to the shark-faced motherf*cker.
It shows he cares, and he is really sick of this bullshit. I for one am too. This offense was so predictable and our OLINE is really bad. Hopefully we will get help soon.

FAX
12-18-2006, 06:34 PM
So ... does this mean he's going to practice catching the football?

I mean after he's through talking sh*t and all.

FAX

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 06:34 PM

FAX
LJ is the least of our problems. His main thing he needs to work on is blocking.

Direckshun
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Our offense will get better instantly when LJ expands his game.

Coach
12-18-2006, 06:36 PM
LJ's right.

Maybe we can dump this garbage offense and get back to what we used to do?

I'm tired of 2 yard passes... that wasn't what this offense was about, and it's not what it's build for. This isn't even close to the same offense.

What f**king kills me, is that the offense we ran wasn't good enough for Herm, yet San Diego leads the league in points AND has a top defense and they run the same goddamn offense KC ran for the past 5 years! But it's not good enough for us, but it's good enough for the AFC West champs!

Want some improvement? 2 things can be done... 1 ) Try some play action passing coach Herm/Mike, it will help.
2) Throw the ball further than 2 yards more than twice a game.

I'm glad we hired a coach with enough brilliant perception to note that KC had failed the past 5 years because the offense was too good. Glad he fixed that.

Now we're not even respectable. Thanks!

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 06:36 PM
LJ's right.

I'm tired of 2 yard passes... that wasn't what this offense was about, and it's not what it's build for. This isn't even close to the same offense.

What f**king kills me, is that the offense we ran wasn't good enough for Herm, yet San Diego leads the league in points AND has a top defense and they run the same goddamn offense KC ran for the past 5 years! But it's not good enough for us, but it's good enough for the AFC West champs!

Want some improvement? 2 things can be done... 1 ) Try some play action passing coach Herm/Mike, it will help.

I'm glad we hired a coach with enough brilliant perception to note that KC had failed the past 5 years because the offense was too good. Glad he fixed that.

I agree, but we don't have SD's Oline.

FAX
12-18-2006, 06:38 PM
LJ's right.

Amen, Coach.

FAX

Chief Roundup
12-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Its hard to switch things up when you can't protect your quarterback.

LJ needs to work on his blitz pickups and blocking techniques.
Solari needs to switch the play calls to things to help Green get rid of the ball quickly.
We definitely need help on the oline, but we do have one of the best middles in football with Water, Wiegmann, Shields.

Coach
12-18-2006, 06:41 PM
I agree, but we don't have SD's Oline.

I understand and agree. Also the Chiefs WR corps was only satisfactory because KC had such great pass protection that they always had extra time to get open. Now, when teams blitz us, our WR's can't get off the jam or get open. That luxury is gone.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Solari needs to switch the play calls to things to help Green get rid of the ball quickly.
We definitely need help on the oline, but we do have one of the best middles in football with Water, Wiegmann, Shields.
2 out of those 3 wont be back i bet. Wiegmann is not a power running center. He was fit for our offense that we used to have, relying on sweeps outside etc. He isn't near a big of center as we need to power up the gut. He is a helluva a player though.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I understand and agree. Also the Chiefs WR corps was only satisfactory because KC had such great pass protection that they always had extra time to get open. Now, when teams blitz us, our WR's can't get off the jam or get open. That luxury is gone.
Just another hole we need to fill. We have not had a legit #1 in quite sometime, hopefully that can change soon. That would make this offense such a huge threat with decent oline help and LJ. Kennison is a good WR, that's it though.

Chief Roundup
12-18-2006, 06:46 PM
2 out of those 3 wont be back i bet. Wiegmann is not a power running center. He was fit for our offense that we used to have, relying on sweeps outside etc. He isn't near a big of center as we need to power up the gut. He is a helluva a player though.
True Wiegmann was more for the offense we use to run....I thought coachs were suppose to play to thier teams strengths......
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but LJ don't run with as much "anger" to the outside like he did last year. He seems more content with running out of bounds.
Shields very well may retire :(

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 06:48 PM
True Wiegmann was more for the offense we use to run....I thought coachs were suppose to play to thier teams strengths......
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but LJ don't run with as much "anger" to the outside like he did last year. He seems more content with running out of bounds.
Shields very well may retire :(
LJ is tired, his ass has been run to the ground this year. I'd prefer him to sit the last 2 imo. I don't like Herms run LJ to the ground theory, i want him to play 10 years for us, not 5.

Thig Lyfe
LJ needs to say that Carl (and Solari) made a racial slur towards him so they can get fired.

Brock
A white OC doesn't understand a young black athlete like LJ.

the Talking Can
12-18-2006, 06:51 PM
duh

mlyonsd
12-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Imagine that, LJ is just as smart as me.

sportsman1
12-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I agree with what LJ is saying, but he has got to do a better job blocking.He let a couple guys go right to trent unabedded.

jspchief
12-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Big shock. LJ is bitching again.

TrickyNicky
12-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Our offensive scheme doesn't understand what it's like to be a black man in the NFL.

Bootlegged
12-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Chiefs more predictable than Marty. Hmm. Well - at least we aren't the Rams.

Coach
12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
It's just seems so damned predictable, that somehow Paul Hackett/Jimmy Raye got back in the press box and is calling the plays.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Herm's game plan is not predictable.

LJ needs to shut his mouth and show respeck.

FAX
12-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Herm's game plan is not predictable.

LJ needs to shut his mouf and show respeck.

ROFL

What have we here?

FAX

Halfcan
12-18-2006, 08:24 PM
The Solari choice has been a TOTAL bust!

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 08:24 PM
ROFL

What have we here?

FAX

I'm just telling it like it is. Herm is just as smart as any other offensive caoach guy.

FAX
12-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm just telling it like it is. Herm is just as smart as any other offensive caoach guy.

He is an offensive genius alright, Mr. HermIsKing. No question about it.

Very creative. He's like Michelangelo with xs and os. Do you prefer the off-guard or off-tackle runs?

FAX

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Herm is better than Dick Vermeal who was soposed to be creatine.

FAX
12-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Herm is better than Dick Vermeal who was soposed to be creatine.

Much better. No doubt, Mr. HermIsKing. His use of first down is legendary.

In your view, do you like the single back or two back set when you're running up the gut on 3rd and 8?

FAX

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Much better. No doubt, Mr. HermIsKing. His use of first down is legendary.

In your view, do you like the single back or two back set when you're running up the gut on 3rd and 8?

FAX

sometimes Herm run on 3rd and long because he knows that is what the other team wont excpect. That is being creative.

KcMizzou
12-18-2006, 08:39 PM
sometimes Herm run on 3rd and long because he knows that is what the other team wont excpect. That is being creative.kcnut, you goofy bastard...

Coach
12-18-2006, 08:52 PM
kcnut, you goofy bastard...

LMAO

I thought the same thing.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 08:54 PM
wy you guys saying kcnut?

Fruit Ninja
12-18-2006, 09:02 PM
We had, Wiegman has been manhanlded this year. Shields has been manhandled at times as well. His days are up. He was great for so long, but ages gets everyone.

LJ had some nice blocks and some wiffs, but so did LT. RB's have to block a damn linebacker that outweighs them and is running full steam, they are going to get ran over.

dirk digler
12-18-2006, 09:23 PM
I miss DV and AS. **** Herm.

scott free
12-18-2006, 09:30 PM
wy you guys saying kcnut?

There is NO WAY you are for real... :LOL:

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Your not for real scottfree

scott free
12-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Your not for real scottfree

Mmmmk...

SPchief
LMAO

Lzen
We had, Wiegman has been manhanlded this year. Shields has been manhandled at times as well. His days are up. He was great for so long, but ages gets everyone.

LJ had some nice blocks and some wiffs, but so did LT. RB's have to block a damn linebacker that outweighs them and is running full steam, they are going to get ran over.

Donnie Edwards does not outweigh Larry Johnson.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Why you laughing SP? Lamar is proud of the job Herm had done.

KCFalcon59
12-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Is there any good offensive and defensive lineman available in free agency? That would go along way in fixing our team.

SNR
12-18-2006, 11:19 PM
LJ is clearly playing for the name on the back of the jersey, not on the side of the helmet, and this team doesn't need that. :rolleyes:

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
HERM - "But thats OKAAAY!"

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 11:24 PM
LJ's right.

What gets me about those passes for 2 yards is when its 3rd and long. Green still throws it to the guy for a two yard gain. Then we punt. I recall madden saying the other night that the chiefs WR need to run further out. haha ya think shithead? Mike Solari is a moron....

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Is there any good offensive and defensive lineman available in free agency? That would go along way in fixing our team.

Great, more filling the gap movements.

bringbackmarty
12-19-2006, 12:54 AM

FAX
OH **** YEAH!

bringbackmarty
12-19-2006, 01:04 AM
I think too much of anything in the nfl ends up being a bad thing. We go Air Trent, The Turnovers and lost TOP Kills us, and Our d sucks even more for some reason.
we play hermball, and they stack eight in the box and dare us to go over the top, trouble is we are so predictable on first and second down, the don' have to blitz us or they can always run blitz us.
LJ may not be LT, but he needed to come up with a better game than he did yesterday, I bet he gets hurt next game, and I do think he is worn out. That is part of your professional responsibility is taking care of yourself so that down the stretch you can be of some use to your team in big games. His pass blocking by the way, is atrocious, and he could run his routes, fakes, and catch better.

Fruit Ninja
12-19-2006, 01:13 AM
LJ is clearly playing for the name on the back of the jersey, not on the side of the helmet, and this team doesn't need that. :rolleyes:
lol, whats it going to do to the team? keep them out of the play offs?

Fruit Ninja
12-19-2006, 01:19 AM
I think too much of anything in the nfl ends up being a bad thing. We go Air Trent, The Turnovers and lost TOP Kills us, and Our d sucks even more for some reason.
we play hermball, and they stack eight in the box and dare us to go over the top, trouble is we are so predictable on first and second down, the don' have to blitz us or they can always run blitz us.
LJ may not be LT, but he needed to come up with a better game than he did yesterday, I bet he gets hurt next game, and I do think he is worn out. That is part of your professional responsibility is taking care of yourself so that down the stretch you can be of some use to your team in big games. His pass blocking by the way, is atrocious, and he could run his routes, fakes, and catch better.
He missed about as many blocks as LT did lastnight, Ask Benny Sapp he went around him 2 times i beleive on back to back plays. LJ did an ok job on blocking. YOu have 6-2 255lb linebacker comming at you full steam ahead, YOUR GOING to get ran over, Its why they are running backs not Offensive lineman. Edgerin

HMc
12-19-2006, 02:01 AM
so dv was creatine? it all makes sense to me now

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2006, 02:14 AM

Jesus Christ, this has to be the knuckle-dragging comment of the month. LJ is playing for himself, and he proves it by bitching about the set up of the offense, when he's on pace to get more touches than anyone in one year...ever. You are a f*cking retard.

macdawg
12-19-2006, 05:00 AM
"LJ needs to work on his blitz pickups and blocking techniques."

I agree, but lets not blame every sack on LJ like some dildo did on the radio, the offensive line is playing like shit honestly, the play calling is shit, Larry needs to improve pass blocking, I don't have a problem with his receiving skills, I don't expect Larry to carry our team, I think Herm does, I expect Larry to be an important piece of the puzzle and Herm's not allowing it.

Switch up the damn play calling so he's not running into a brick wall 30 times a game. When you get to the red zone take a damn shot at the endzone, won't beat good teams on field goals.

philfree
12-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Larry is dead on except it's just not change it up. We need to pass more on 1st down then we are. We need to keep from getting in obvious passing situations. Run, Run and then pass on 3rd and long just won't cut it. We also need to do it early in the game and try and put some points on the board before we start feeding it to Larry. We are making it way to easy on the defense because we aren't making them cover the whole field. We need to come out and pass early as well as run some reverses so we spread the D and back it off a little too. Saunders was the master at that when he was calling the plays.

PhilFree:arrow:

morphius
12-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Hey, that 2 TE with Kris Wilson at FB and 1 WR package as soon as we get anywhere near the 20 yard line is netting an average of 1 yard per play, how can anyone bitch about that?

philfree
12-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Hey, that 2 TE with Kris Wilson at FB and 1 WR package as soon as we get anywhere near the 20 yard line is netting an average of 1 yard per play, how can anyone bitch about that?

We should be able to pass with package but we just keep running the ball on 1st and second down. It was nice seeing Dunn catch a few balls in Charger debacle.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Here's the first-down breakdown from the Chargers game:

Runs: 14
Passes: 14

We just suck. We can't block anyone for shit.

philfree
12-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Here's the first-down breakdown from the Chargers game:

Runs: 14
Passes: 14

We just suck. We can't block anyone for shit.

I was hoping someone would get that stat. Thanks Go. Now break it down into quarters and see that stat is skewed by being behind and having to pass as the time was running out. I'm trying to argue i want a picture of what we're doing on O. This offense was never able to just over power Ds by running between the tackles. It was successful under Saunders in a large part to his unpredictable play calling. We'd scratch our head sometimes but Al had a great feel with the O.

jjjayb
12-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Lets not forget that Saunders also had a running back that was a consistent receiving threat as well as a running threat. He also had a running back that could run on the outside as well as the inside. He also had a running back who was a great blocker as well. I think that makes a huge difference in the total offense as to what plays you can call.

Fire Me Boy!
12-19-2006, 06:38 AM
The problem is we have a white OC... he doesn't know how tough it is for a young black athlete.

scott free
12-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Larry isnt saying anything that hasnt been said here by just about everyone. Even if the run/pass ratio is 50/50, its WHEN Solari calls them that sux.

I have come to the conclusion that Solari is an A+ O line coach and a C at best OC.

The guy doesnt seem to have a lick of imagination.

BigRedChief
12-19-2006, 06:49 AM
I bet he's not the only one thinking those thoughts in the locker room. Hell, we have been saying that the offense is predictable. If we can figure out whats coming don't you think other NFL teams can?

HonestChieffan
12-19-2006, 07:43 AM
LJ, dude, your sorry blocking is very predictable. And your dropped balls when a pass play is in will be legendary.

You know, buddy, when the play is a pass and you have to take your top RB out cause he blocks like a dragqueen, it sort of tips off the other team....so maybe some of this is your fault? And have you notices we cant run any plays where you go to the outside and Trent dumps off a pass to you...and screens are out of the question because you have hands like feet.

Oh I know, Im a white man who cannot relate to your epic struggles. But I would for one, appreciate it if you just shut up, went to practice, developed some skills and come back with an attitude that demonstrates that your diapers deserve to be put away.

Grow up, take some responsibility, and talk to your team not to the media.

FAX
12-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Larry is dead to me.

Well, maybe not dead. Just not moving.

FAX

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Lets not forget that Saunders also had a running back that was a consistent receiving threat as well as a running threat. He also had a running back that could run on the outside as well as the inside. He also had a running back who was a great blocker as well. I think that makes a huge difference in the total offense as to what plays you can call.

LJ did all that last year when we were the #1 offense. Saunders kept it unpredictable Solari doesnt'.

HonestChieffan
12-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Its not Solaris fault LJ wont block and cant catch a freaking cold.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2006, 08:02 AM
LJ did all that last year when we were the #1 offense. Saunders kept it unpredictable Solari doesnt'.

Saunders had DV as the head coach.. Solari has Herm Edwards..

if you look at the history of those two. Enough said.

Herm is a fraud, was in NYJ, They were elated to get rid of him for a 4th round pick. Yes a 4th round pick. They got new life and very real shot at the playoffs.

We got the left overs and a history of coaching ineptude...

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Saunders had DV as the head coach.. Solari has Herm Edwards..

if you look at the history of those two. Enough said.

Herm is a fraud, was in NYJ, They were elated to get rid of him for a 4th round pick. Yes a 4th round pick. They got new life and very real shot at the playoffs.

We got the left overs and a history of coaching ineptude...

I have to agree. At first I was kind of excited Herm was our coach because he said he wouldn't jack with the O and fix the D.

He ****ed with the O and now they are horrible and our D is average at best.

stevieray
12-19-2006, 08:16 AM
I have to agree. At first I was kind of excited Herm was our coach because he said he wouldn't jack with the O and fix the D.

from bottom feeders to average is a major upgrade.

I don't think he messed with the Offense..Roaf, Green, Cruz, TR Welbourne and Sampson and Waters all missed games or are gone.

7 players out of 11.

Our expectations were too high too soon. Still stings.

Lzen
12-19-2006, 08:19 AM

Sadly, I have come to the same conclusion. I realize the offensive line is a big part of the problem. Still, the offense is not unpredictable and that makes it even tougher for them to block.

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2006, 08:28 AM

I don't think he messed with the Offense..Roaf, Green, Cruz, TR Welbourne and Sampson and Waters all missed games or are gone.

7 players out of 11.

Rational thoughts, Stevie?

Consider yourself warned. This kind of behavior is unacceptable here at ChiefsPlanet.

Please find the nearest "Fire Herm" thread and redeem yourself.

:p

jidar
12-19-2006, 08:45 AM

7 players out of 11.

I would agree with you except we saw him mess with the offense ourselves. He came out in the media at the beginning of the season and complained about the play calling on several occasions, and in every case he argued for the more obvious conservative call.

Now unless you think Solari didn't see the press conference, there is messing with your offense right there.

So I don't think there is any way anyone can claim Herm didn't touch the offense when we saw it ourselves.

jspchief
12-19-2006, 08:54 AM
With all due respect to Larry's physical skills, and recognizing that he's probably right....

Is Larry Johnson ever happy? Will he ever just shut the f*ck up and play football, or will we have to listen to his relentless pissing and moaning for his entire career?

Look Larry, your life is not tough. You grew up in an upper middle class family, not the hoods of the big city. Now you get paid millions to play a sport, while getting paid likely millions more for pimping a rapper while playing that sport. Quit actling like the world is out to get you, you f*cking whiny bitch. Life has been handed to you on a silver platter and is now being fed to you with a slver spoon.

If you're looking to emulate Jim Brown, you've certainly got the "woe is me" part down pat. Difference being he actually had a reason to be jaded.

siberian khatru
12-19-2006, 08:58 AM
With all due respect to Larry's physical skills, and recognizing that he's probably right....

Is Larry Johnson ever happy? Will he ever just shut the f*ck up and play football, or will we have to listen to his relentless pissing and moaning for his entire career?

Look Larry, your life is not tough. You grew up in an upper middle class family, not the hoods of the big city. Now you get paid millions to play a sport, while getting paid likely millions more for pimping a rapper while playing that sport. Quit actling like the world is out to get you, you f*cking whiny bitch. Life has been handed to you on a silver platter and is now being fed to you with a slver spoon.

If you're looking to emulate Jim Brown, you've certainly got the "woe is me" part down pat. Difference being he actually had a reason to be jaded.

I guess that's the only way he knows how to motivate himself. Because his life has been relatively comfortable, he's got to invent stuff to make himself mad.

brent102fire
12-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Nobody on the Chiefs Team, Coaches and Players, should be happy about the current status of this team. There are problems on both sides of the ball and special teams as well. I think LJ is entitled to what he thinks the problem on offense is and if people don't want to hear it, that's too bad! Maybe the OC and Herm should take a minute and listen to the players. This offense just isn't what it was last year. The play calling is different and they just can't seem to be consistent on either side of the ball. I wouldn't want to hear a player or a coach say everything is OK...

klg61
12-19-2006, 09:24 AM
all the vets like gonzo should speak out and tell the organization what they think is wrong. and they need to be listened to.

ct
12-19-2006, 09:24 AM

FAX

Amen brutha!!

But LJ is also correct! He's also part of the problem.

jspchief
12-19-2006, 09:27 AM
all the vets like gonzo should speak out and tell the organization what they think is wrong. and they need to be listened to.I agree they should talk to the organization about it. The media? Not so much.

Coogs
12-19-2006, 09:29 AM
What happens if LJ decides to leave KC? No LJ and TG = 1-15 season.

You know, I have been a Chiefs fan for many, many years. If 1-15 is what it takes to start the rebuilding process from the ground floor up, then I could live with it. Actually, I'm kind of ready for it...

SNR
12-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Jesus Christ, this has to be the knuckle-dragging comment of the month. LJ is playing for himself, and he proves it by bitching about the set up of the offense, when he's on pace to get more touches than anyone in one year...ever. You are a f*cking retard.It's called "sarcasm" you silly nincompoop

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 02:05 PM
You know, I have been a Chiefs fan for many, many years. If 1-15 is what it takes to start the rebuilding process from the ground floor up, then I could live with it. Actually, I'm kind of ready for it...

If 1-15 is what it takes to get them to rebuild, sure.

If losing LJ is what it takes to GO 1-15, forget it. I'm not down with that.

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Way to go Larry. We have been saying that for weeks now. Good to see him finally address the problem. Like I said sarcastically before, I sure am glad Herm fixed the offense. I figured it could be a long season when he talked about changing the O. THe O works already Herm fix the ****ing D already.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 02:06 PM

I could sit through 2-14 if I felt there was a light at the end of the tunnel, with what we're doing know I feel like there's no light like we're just muddled in shit and will never escape.

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2006, 02:10 PM
I could sit through 2-14 if I felt there was a light at the end of the tunnel, with what we're doing know I feel like there's no light like we're just muddled in shit and will never escape.

What do you want us to do pick up another Todd Blackledge?

DTLB58
12-19-2006, 03:27 PM
This is EXACTLY what I said when Saunders left and Herm came on board would happen.

One of the reasons our running game was so succesful under Vermeil and Saunders was because of the passing game. You never knew what Al was gonna call next. It kept them guessing.

LJ :clap:

milkman
12-19-2006, 08:58 PM

I don't want to "fix" this team through free agency.

We've been "fixing" this team via free agency for the better part of Carl's 18 year old 5 year plan, and that's helped us to all of 5 playoff victories in those 18 years.

Chief Henry
12-19-2006, 09:01 PM
How many FIVE year plans do we have to indure ?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

dammit Carl

milkman
12-19-2006, 09:05 PM
How many FIVE year plans do we have to indure ?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

dammit Carl

I'm pretty sure the 5 year plan is in dog years.

We're over half way there!!!

DT4everaChief
12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
LJ is exactly right the Chiefs offense is to predictable. I have thought that all along. Herm is to conserative to mix it up.

Manila-Chief
12-19-2006, 10:58 PM
It's just seems so damned predictable, that somehow Paul Hackett/Jimmy Raye got back in the press box and is calling the plays.

You are correct!!!! As I watched the Baltimore game I noticed they ran on 1st. and 2nd down most of the time. Herm intentionally does not want to take any chances so they run the ball. Therefore, as LJ said, the defense expects it and can easily stop it. You guys can rag on LJ for not blocking but he doesn't block on 1st. & 2nd. down ... that is the predictable part ... also, if the play is called a run then he can't catch the ball, now can he?

philfree
12-20-2006, 01:29 AM
You are correct!!!! As I watched the Baltimore game I noticed they ran on 1st. and 2nd down most of the time. Herm intentionally does not want to take any chances so they run the ball. Therefore, as LJ said, the defense expects it and can easily stop it. You guys can rag on LJ for not blocking but he doesn't block on 1st. & 2nd. down ... that is the predictable part ... also, if the play is called a run then he can't catch the ball, now can he?

If our D was dominant then the conservative nature of Herms O wouldn't be a deal. Our D isn't good enough for that though so we need to pass early and get some points on the board before we start pounding LJ down after down. It's like we're running out the clock starting in the first QTR but we're behind in points so it makes no sense. I'm not a a coach basher but to me the offensive approach we've taken in 2006
has kept us from scoring enough points to keep the pressure off our D. To be good on O in the NFL you gotta pass on first down early and often.

Black JaPanther
12-22-2006, 12:30 AM
...speaking of predictable.

Hi, Chiefs fans.

Die-hard, life-long Chargers fan here.

I found your site by googling "Larry Johnson, 'too predictable'", because I wanted to read his actual quote after the game. I was surprised at some of the other results I got in my search. Specifically, check this one from 2002 out:

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2002/12/10/Sports/From-Tough.Year.In.2000.To.2000.Yards-497426.shtml?norewrite200612220103&sourcedomain=www.dailytexanonline.com

Apparently, history repeats itself. Perhaps he was of the perception that his identical criticism of Joe Paterno was what turned his college career around, so he thought he'd try the same thing in the pros.

I fully understand that he may have been trying to "help" by publicly condemning his coaching staff and teammates, but it came off as being the same type of "help" Judas was portrayed as trying to force on Jesus and the team in "Jesus Christ, Superstar". And, my being a career military man, insubordination like that just bugs me. I honestly didn't know much about him 'til I started researching the Chargers-Chiefs game last week. Then, the more I learned, the more I was impressed. Even though he didn't have a stellar day, 80-something yards is not terrible. I was impressed with him and his season thus far, and wanted to read more about his accomplishments. Then I read on the official KC Chiefs site how a KCC fan was irritated when he said postgame that he said things need to change. I've been looking for the exact quote for several days, and just got enough of a snippet today to google it properly.

Publicly criticizing your chain-of-command has NEVER been the trait of an effective leader. If he was frustrated, that's all the more reason to keep his composure and poise while everyone was watching. If other high-profile players (or any of the coaching staff) on the team follow his "lead" in this, the Chiefs could very well become the next Giants...a bunch of loose canons that will find it increasingly harder to gel.

Having said all that, much props to his running ability. It's still conceivable he could regain the rushing lead from LTD. If he earns the regular season rushing title, I'll definitely be happy for him.

God Bless Each Of You And Your Loved Ones With Happiness And Safety, This Holiday Week.

Sincerely,
MDJ.