PDA

View Full Version : Let's Enjoy The Last Two Weeks

thedude
12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
It may be all we have. I haven't looked at the playoff picture so I don't know what it would take for us to get in the playoffs, but I do know this. I know that after the Jacksonville game it may be a long long long time before we get Chiefs football again. We have these 16 glorious weeks from September to December, and if you are lucky enough on through January. It is the greatest time ever.

For some, those able to regularly attend games, the eight home games are a combination of bad ass tailgates, beer, football, and rocking Arrowhead. For others, every sunday throughout the season brings misery (see Houston, Oakland, Detroit).

What disappoints me are the constant threads of negativity and pointless sarcasm. Our franchise is one rich with tradition and a viral passion for football. Our team is one of the few that operates with as much success as any other, and without being in huge media markets, and without constant fondling from the NFL or ESPN. Everyday, every week, all I see here, is Fire (blank) and fire (blank), cut (blank) and trade (blank). This compounded with the fact that the support for this is often weak and misinformed is very very annoying. It sucks the life out of being a Chiefs fan. I realize that some losses (like buffalo last year, and miami and cleveland this year) really suck and that irrationality reigns for a while, but that eventually a more reasonable attitude should prevail.

Essentially, what I am trying to say is, we should enjoy the weeks we have left as Chiefs fans this year, because it will be a damned long time before the gears of Chiefs football begin to grind again. And I promise you all this, we will win a Super Bowl, we will win it for Lamar, for Derrick, for Willy, for every damn Chief who ever put on pads and a uniform and played proudly, and most of all for all of us. When that time comes, we will party, and Chiefs Planet will not have any new threads for three days because drunken revelry will take over as we are declared champions. And because if the Chiefs won the SB this year, I wouldn't be able to legally drink, but when they win next year, I will be fine to drink.

Hopefully, we can look forward to an offseason that will include a fruitful draft, some effective free agent signings, and the hope that everybody that will end up on the 53 man roster next fall will have worked harder than ever before to play the best that they can.

I'm looking forward to stomping the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers for years to come. And sorry for such a longwinded post, I just feel that we should celebrate our fandom, even when we are not going to the playoffs.

NewChief
12-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Not to harsh your mellow, but I just posted this in another thread. Seems appropriate here as well. This is the reason I won't really enjoy these last two games. I have every amount of confidence that the following scenario will unfold:

All the worthless baggage will have career days in the last two games, thus convincing the staff that there's no reason to clean house for next year. Everything will click in the last two meaningless games, and we'll end up with a duplicate season for 2007.

TrickyNicky
12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I'll enjoy the last two weeks.

How dare you sir, to tell me I can't rip this average team to shreds with Superbowl expectations. Herm had his one year and draft to take a terrible D into the upper echelon of the NFL. Any good coach could handle that easily.

Easy 6
12-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I agree Dude, it amazed me how quickly i got over this loss. Its time to just enjoy football & look forward to another solid draft. I for one, dont think it has to be some drawn out rebuild to right the ship.

scott free, where hope springs eternal since '81.

Halfcan
12-18-2006, 09:51 PM
As long as King Carl is around you can bet on two things. Higher ticket and parking prices and ZERO Playoff wins.

Hendrix68
12-18-2006, 11:08 PM
LOL..

Nice optimism but the Chefs are galaxies away from even understanding the diagram of what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

I can't think of more then 4 or 5 players I even want to ever suit up for this team again.

Just blow this thing UP and get rid of CP (PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!) and somehow someway get some people on our side that are capable of evaluating college talent.

I couldn't care less if we lose 35 games in the next three years if it looks like they are trying something new.

But I don't think many fans will tolerate more of this sickly status quo.

They are selling us a highly polished turd.

Count Alex's Losses
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Everything will click in the last two meaningless games, and we'll end up with a duplicate season for 2007.

That's pretty harsh. There is going to be major turnover on the offensive and defensive lines going into next year. We'll also have some new wide receivers and probably at least 3 new starters on defense.

Knob
12-19-2006, 12:34 AM

They are selling us a highly polished turd.

ROFL

Phobia
12-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Nice thread. I agree completely Mr. Gretz.

thedude
12-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Nice thread. I agree completely Mr. Gretz.

Kcchiefs.com here I come!

Redcoats58
12-19-2006, 04:43 AM
I thought this was a Chiefs discussion BB? If everyone went around jerking the team off we wouldn't have much to talk about except when the next reach-arounds are handed out.

Oh and on the topic of the final two games, I guess we could enjoy them about as much as a preseason game.

boogblaster
12-19-2006, 05:36 AM
enjoy its the last for this season

Dartgod
12-19-2006, 07:18 AM
It may be all we have. I haven't looked at the playoff picture so I don't know what it would take for us to get in the playoffs...
I know what it would take.

http://zoology.okstate.edu/zoo_lrc/biol1114/sample_tests/preview_material/exam4/f03/Images/plane%20crash.jpg

http://media.nasaexplores.com/01-039/crash.jpg

http://nat.truemesh.com/archives/article-images/plane-crash-test.jpg

http://www.skidmore.edu/~y_saaved/proj2/story.plane.crash.jpg

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Real fans like not making the playoffs...ever.

MichaelH
12-19-2006, 07:24 AM
HEY! There's always next year to look forward to.

mikey23545
12-19-2006, 07:48 AM
I think you've got things in a pretty good perspective, dude...I get as frustrated as anyone with these damn Chiefs, and I wallow in some horrible pain for the first couple of days after a bitter loss... but in the end I know I will always be a fan and I will never stop bleeding for these guys on Sundays....So why not enjoy it?

I will always want the team to be better than it is, but this shit of going around and flogging oneself while wearing a hair shirt is ridiculous. It just happens to be built into the psyche of a lot of the posters that hang out here, probably regardless of whether Chiefs football is the topic or not.

I hope someday our loyalty will be rewarded by the Football Gods!

StcChief
12-19-2006, 08:48 AM
The Cubs of the NFL. We have become them.