PDA

View Full Version : Our Super Bowl window is closed

supercoupe91
12-18-2006, 10:01 PM
We missed it. Trent Green and Will Shields were warriors the last few years, but their best days have passed. We have no receiver threat, and outside of Wilkerson have very little to plug the inside middle.

Allen, Hali, Derrick Johnson and Mitchell are a solid foundation for a defense, but we have no young corners and we aren't developing any either. Kansas City hasn't had a solid corner in a coons age. It would be nice to trade up for Aaron Ross from Texas, but knowing our dumbass management, we'll trade down. I hear Dwayne Jarret might be a 2nd rounder, but I'm sure the Chiefs will draft another Ryan Sims instead.

Carl Peterson needs to step down, or be fired. His lifetime appointment is a mockery, probably the longest in history for a manager.

The negative moments are starting to outweight the positives, Mark freakin Clayton catching a 85 yard bomb, LT ripping an 85 yard highlight, 199 yards of rushing yards....Priest fumbling, Dicks clock management, Herm's clock management....call a timeout at Cleveland you dumbass. Tick tock, we lose. William Bartee. Eric Warfield. Greg Wesley getting run over by Ronnie Brown. The Eagles saying "they won't score again" on national tv, and we don't score again. Dante Hall sucks.

Sorry for the negative crap, I see little to be positive about, at least in the football sense.

Halfcan
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
At least we have the Royals.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Herm will turn it around. He turned around teh Jets in 2 years. you will see.

Phobia
If you can't win a freaking playoff game, was the window ever actually open to begin with?

CoMoChief
At least Carl is still here!!!

Discuss Thrower
12-18-2006, 10:08 PM
In addition to what coupe said, we're not going to have a schedule as easy as 2006 for a looooong time. Next year is going to be BRUTAL.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2006, 10:11 PM
The window is open as long as Larry Johnson is a Chief.

Gonzo
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkle it in dew
Cover it in chocolate
and a miracle or two?

The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

Who can take a rainbow
Wrap it is a sigh
Soak it in the sun
and make a strawberry lemon pie?

The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

Willy Wonka makes
Everything he bakes
Satisfying and delicious
Talk about your childhood wishes
You can even eat the dishes

Who can take tomorrow
Dip it in a deam
Seperate the sorrow
And collect up all the cream?

The candyman

Willy Wonka can

The candyman can cause he mixes it with love
And makes the world taste good
And the world tastes good cause the candyman thinks it should

FAX
12-18-2006, 10:13 PM
The window is open as long as Larry Johnson is a Chief.

If you can complain your way in, we're golden, Mr. GoChiefs.

FAX

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:15 PM
go chiefs is right. LJ will lead us to victoly.

Gonzo
12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
go chiefs is right. LJ will lead us to victoly.

VICTOLY IS OURS!!

Now go get me some shrimp flied lice.

Coach
12-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Herm will turn it around. He turned around teh Jets in 2 years. you will see.

What?

2001 - AFC Wild Card
2002 - AFC East (9-7 record, and AFC East during the 2002 year was considered one of the worst division)
2003 - 6-10
2004 - AFC Wild Card.
2005 - 4-12

I also must say that 2001 and 2002, Herm probably got in with a stroke of luck with the AFC East being a shitty division, along with the players that came from Bill Parcells.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
yeach coach 3 very good performances.

beer bacon
12-18-2006, 10:30 PM
The window is open as long as we are out there playing. You can't predict what is going to happen in the NFL. For all we know Sammie Parker and Benny Sapp could explode into Pro Bowlers next season and lead us to the playoffs.

Coach
12-18-2006, 10:33 PM
yeach coach 3 very good performances.

Gimmie a break.

In 2001, with a strong veteran team in place following Bill Parcells tenure in the organization, the Jets had success in Edwards' first two seasons. The Jets reached the playoffs in both years despite Edwards' insistence on playing a Cover 2 defense, ill-suited for the team's defensive personnel, as well an ultra-conservative offense employed by Paul Hackett.

In 2005, a year marred by injuries, inconsistent play, lack of player development, and rumors swirling about Edwards possibly leaving the organization. Continuing the same level of incompetence that defined his tenure in New York as head coach, Edwards led the Jets to a abysmal 4-12 record in the '05 season.

Throughout his tenure, the Jets underachieved, due to (amongst other things) Edwards' conservative philosophy, undemanding training camps and practices, poor clock management, and lack of player accountability.

Yet, because of his candor with the press, Edwards was handled delicately by the New York media while making a habit of blaming others when things went wrong, evidenced by the firing of defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell in 2003, Hackett in 2004, and public blaming of kicker Doug Brien for a 2004 playoff loss in Pittsburgh.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
ha coach Herm did not follow teh Tuna

Coach
12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
ha coach Herm did not follow teh Tuna

:shake:

First kotong and now HermIsKing.

What am I, a shit magnet?

suds79
12-18-2006, 10:38 PM
The window is open as long as we are out there playing. You can't predict what is going to happen in the NFL. For all we know Sammie Parker and Benny Sapp could explode into Pro Bowlers next season and lead us to the playoffs.

I disagree. That's like saying the Packers still have a chance as long as Brett Favre is still playing. We're just too old.

WE have to rebuild because IMO, Sammie Parker becoming a pro bowler this all of a sudden this far into his career is resting at about a 3-5% chance.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:40 PM
you forgot AlGorh Coach

Hendrix68
12-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes,

we had our shots and just didn't get it done.

I'm pretty sure we're in for a stunningly lean next few years.

I'll be shocked if we aren't the worst team in the NFL by 2008.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2006, 11:10 PM
We were a 4-12 team this year masked by Arrowhead and the NFC West. We need to rebuild the core of our O and D Line. It should take 2 years to do that. FWIW, we don't need great corners in the cover 2, we need good safeties, and we probably have that already in Pollard and Page. Will good corners help? Yeah, but given the dogged and stupid insistence on Herm of sticking to the dumbass Cover 2 despite the fact that it's the worst possible system for our team, we are 2 DTs, 1 LB, and a young corner or two (for depth's sake) away.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 11:14 PM
whats FWIW

FAX
12-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I think that's the thing that has bothered me today, Mr. supercoupe91.

It's not just another loss. I'm used to those. And, it's not just another season flushed down the same ol' sewer of sadness. I'm used to those, too.

What bothers me is that we now have to re-create an entirely new team. Offense, defense, special teams ... they all suck again. I'm willing to put in another 20, say 25, years into this deal, but that's it, man.

FAX

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 11:19 PM
we wasted the past 4 years or so off SB caliber offense with ZERO defense. This year was a sign of things to come after Roaf retired and Trent got killed the first game. They just overachieved for most the season.

FAX
12-18-2006, 11:22 PM
whats FWIW

I'm not sure, Mr. HermIsKing. People post that all the time and I have no idea what it means. It's some kind of fancy, james bondesque, secret, special webcode used only by initiates admitted by ritual into the Guess What The Hell This Means Club.

Maybe it's an acronym for, "For What It's Worth", or maybe "F*ck Whales In Water" but that's my best guess.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-18-2006, 11:27 PM
They just overachieved for most the season.

I guess...the Chiefs confused me all year.

12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Superbowl window? Don't you mean playoff window?

Mama Hip Rockets
12-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Kansas City hasn't had a solid corner in a coons age.

how is patrick surtain not a solid corner?

Hammock Parties
01-02-2007, 03:59 PM
It just got jammed wide the **** open.

Bowser
01-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Supercoupe needs to get the hell out of the football prediction business.

Smed1065
01-02-2007, 04:12 PM
What?

2001 - AFC Wild Card
2002 - AFC East (9-7 record, and AFC East during the 2002 year was considered one of the worst division)
2003 - 6-10
2004 - AFC Wild Card.
2005 - 4-12

I also must say that 2001 and 2002, Herm probably got in with a stroke of luck with the AFC East being a shitty division, along with the players that came from Bill Parcells.

Now his "players" are performing and his new team is in the playoffs with a new OC and new HC?

It might not be pretty but he has equaled DV five years already, regardless of the outcome.

All upside. IMO............

SPchief
01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Boise St. has no business playing in a BCS game.

Ultra Peanut
01-02-2007, 05:38 PM
We missed it. Trent Green and Will Shields were warriors the last few years, but their best days have passed. We have no receiver threat, and outside of Wilkerson have very little to plug the inside middle.

Allen, Hali, Derrick Johnson and Mitchell are a solid foundation for a defense, but we have no young corners and we aren't developing any either. Kansas City hasn't had a solid corner in a coons age. It would be nice to trade up for Aaron Ross from Texas, but knowing our dumbass management, we'll trade down. I hear Dwayne Jarret might be a 2nd rounder, but I'm sure the Chiefs will draft another Ryan Sims instead.

Carl Peterson needs to step down, or be fired. His lifetime appointment is a mockery, probably the longest in history for a manager.

The negative moments are starting to outweight the positives, Mark freakin Clayton catching a 85 yard bomb, LT ripping an 85 yard highlight, 199 yards of rushing yards....Priest fumbling, Dicks clock management, Herm's clock management....call a timeout at Cleveland you dumbass. Tick tock, we lose. William Bartee. Eric Warfield. Greg Wesley getting run over by Ronnie Brown. The Eagles saying "they won't score again" on national tv, and we don't score again. Dante Hall sucks.

Sorry for the negative crap, I see little to be positive about, at least in the football sense.THANK YOU

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

We owe it all to you.

supercoupe91
01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
William Bartee.

Otter
01-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I can't wait to re-bump all these posts on Sunday. A team that can't win on the road slipped into the playoffs on a technicality.

I wouldn't start thumping your chests till you see whether or not they melt down on Saturday. Remember, uh, the last 16 years?

munkey
01-02-2007, 06:23 PM
We missed it. Will Shields was a warrior the last few years, but their best days have passed. .

He made the freak'n pro bowl....

You are a moron