5. Philadelphia 8-6
6. NY Giants 7-7

Atlanta 7-7
Green Bay 6-8
San Francisco 6-8
Carolina 6-8
Minnesota 6-8
St. Louis 6-8

For the record, with 2 weeks to go, 26 of the 32 teams are within 2 games of a playoff spot.

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
We'd still have a decent chance if we didn't need the Jets to lose out.

Coach
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM
How funny that it is that Pittsburgh is back in the hunt, and do they have a tie breaker over us based on that they defeated us in Pittsburgh?

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 09:54 PM
We can take those other teams we can make the plaoyoffs,.

BWillie
12-18-2006, 09:55 PM
It's over. Throw the white flag. Surrender. Give up. Sorry

tk13
12-18-2006, 09:58 PM
We'd still have a decent chance if we didn't need the Jets to lose out.
Actually I'm pretty sure we could get in without it, but it's a bit complicated. We'd need Cincy to lose out... @ Denver and against Pittsburgh, then have Frank Gore rip Denver a new one in week 17. Then have the other 7-7 teams all drop a game... which pretty much is Buffalo beating Tenn. in Buffalo this week, then having Baltimore win out, taking out the other two teams.

Really, none of those individual losses would be that shocking, except for SF upsetting Denver, and Seattle went in there and did it, so who knows... but having them all actually happen together is probably a bazillion to one shot.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Not going to happen, Jets will not lose there next 2 .........

cdcox
12-18-2006, 09:59 PM
It's over. Throw the white flag. Surrender. Give up. Sorry

I have a feeling TK13 was posting this as a general item of interest for fans of the NFL, rather than "where do the Chiefs stand in the playoff race?"

I love the NFL playoffs even when the Chiefs aren't playing.

tk13
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Eh, I wasn't trying to say the Chiefs are gonna make the playoffs. I wouldn't put a dime on that. I mean like I said, I think the scenario to get us in really wouldn't require anything crazy, like Detroit winning in Pittsburgh last year... but really I was just posting it in general... but it's just too many different things that have to happen.

It's amazing how many teams are still alive though, the last couple weeks are gonna be pretty interesting.

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:05 PM
I think the scenario to get us in really wouldn't require anything crazy, like Detroit winning in Pittsburgh last year...

Oakland winning in New York is batshit crazy.

tk13
12-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Oakland winning in New York is batshit crazy.
I just said, we wouldn't really need that to get in. There are two playoff spots up for grabs right now, not one. If we got in, the Jets would be the other team to get in because just about everybody else would've have lost a game.

Coach
12-18-2006, 10:08 PM
All I'm gonna ask is, why do we want the Chiefs in the playoffs?

Obviously, we're going to be playing on the road, and obviously, we're 2-5 this year on road games. Not very promising.

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:10 PM
I just said, we wouldn't really need that to get in.

San Francisco winning in Denver is also batshit crazy.

tk13
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
You think so? I like Cutler but him and that defense haven't done anything but beat Arizona so far. Seattle went in there and won. San Fran just went into Seattle, which is a tough place to play, and won. LT and LJ ran wild on Denver... Frank Gore is next in line right behind them. I'm not confident that Denver can stop him... it'd be an upset but I don't think it's nearly as crazy as an Oakland win.

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:15 PM
You think so? .

Yeah. San Francisco has a horrible defense.

Bill Parcells
12-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah. San Francisco has a horrible defense.
Yes..and according to your stats and criteria..the 2001 Super Bowl champ New England Patriots were absolutely awful too!!

You can not go on stats alone,Clayton..

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes..and according to your stats and criteria..the 2001 Super Bowl champ New England Patriots were absolutely awful too!!

You can not go on stats alone,Clayton..

What?

San Francisco's defense IS awful. They suck. I've seen them play. I'm not talking about stats for crying out loud.

They have no chance of beating Denver in Denver. None.

Bill Parcells
12-18-2006, 10:28 PM
What?

San Francisco's defense IS awful. They suck. I've seen them play. I'm not talking about stats for crying out loud.

They have no chance of beating Denver in Denver. None.
They looked pretty good in Seattle on thursday night(or are the Seahawks really that bad)..anything can happen from week to week..

What are you judging their defense on??

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
They looked pretty good in Seattle on thursday night

Seattle's offense hasn't been very good since Hasselbeck came back.

San Francisco just doesn't have a very good defense. They lack talent across the board. I don't know why you're defending them.

Their only chance to beat Denver is for Gore and Smith to go wild, and Smith against Denver's defense is a recipe for disaster.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Go Chiefs is right. Chiefs D is much better than SF D . We will win they will lose.

Bill Parcells
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Seattle's offense hasn't been very good since Hasselbeck came back.

San Francisco just doesn't have a very good defense. They lack talent across the board. I don't know why you're defending them.

Their only chance to beat Denver is for Gore and Smith to go wild, and Smith against Denver's defense is a recipe for disaster.
I guess all your time spent at the Mane has served you well..you definitely know more about the Broncos than I do..

I will rely on what you say..(which is kind of scary)

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey Bill....I will say this much. The Jets aren't soft anymore. Congrats.

Bill Parcells
12-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey Bill....I will say this much. The Jets aren't soft anymore. Congrats.
WOW..thanks man..

Just a question..this ****ing sig..when can I get rid of it??

That was never clarified..after the Raider game it will be removed ;)

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 10:38 PM
We looked soft if anything vs SD, atleast on offense. Playing scared, i hated seeing that load of BS.

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:39 PM
WOW..thanks man..

Just a question..this ****ing sig..when can I get rid of it??

That was never clarified..after the Raider game it will be removed ;)

Yes.

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:40 PM
You know what Bill...go ahead and take it down now. The soft bitches are dead. Long live the hard-ass Jets.

Bill Parcells
12-18-2006, 10:48 PM
You know what Bill...go ahead and take it down now. The soft bitches are dead. Long live the hard-ass Jets.
I feel reborn..thank god I dont have to look at that ****ing thing again..

Your the man GoChiefs!(I can't believe I just said that)

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Consider it an early xmas present.

However...I'm saving that image. Next year is full of opportunities. :fire:

Guru
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure we could get in without it, but it's a bit complicated. We'd need Cincy to lose out... @ Denver and against Pittsburgh, then have Frank Gore rip Denver a new one in week 17. Then have the other 7-7 teams all drop a game... which pretty much is Buffalo beating Tenn. in Buffalo this week, then having Baltimore win out, taking out the other two teams.

Really, none of those individual losses would be that shocking, except for SF upsetting Denver, and Seattle went in there and did it, so who knows... but having them all actually happen together is probably a bazillion to one shot.

Well, unless Herm changes his offensive strategy, I will be surprised if we leave Oakland with a win. And it is just killing me to even utter that.

tk13
12-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Well, unless Herm changes his offensive strategy, I will be surprised if we leave Oakland with a win. And it is just killing me to even utter that.
Noooo way. Oakland's offense is horrible right now. We might win 3-0, but we should win!

Bill Parcells
12-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Consider it an early xmas present.

However...I'm saving that image. Next year is full of opportunities. :fire:
I have plenty of photoshop material myself..you have no clue who you are playing with :fire:

Dont give up on this season yet..I have seen some weird shit happen before..from experience..

Guru
12-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Noooo way. Oakland's offense is horrible right now. We might win 3-0, but we should win!
I hope you are right bud. I haven't given up as I watch every single game start to finish. Just after the showing we had against Oakland at home doesn't have me feeling great about this game. Especially with our O struggling.

Douche Baggins
12-18-2006, 11:08 PM
We'll win if Randy Moss is out again. Their offense looked completely helpless without him.

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:18 PM
We'll win if Randy Moss is out again. Their offense looked completely helpless without him.
Hell, it is helpless with him these days.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 11:27 PM
I really hate to say this, because I don't believe in tanking the last two but:

There's an outside shot that if we were to lose out, we could get a Top 10 pick next year.

Right now, the only teams that cannot get to 7 wins are Detroit, Oakland, Tampa, Arizona, Cleveland and Houston.

That leaves 4 spots for 13 teams currently with records of 5-9, 6-8 and 7-7.

Just sayin'

:p

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I really hate to say this, because I don't believe in tanking the last two but:

There's an outside shot that if we were to lose out, we could get a Top 10 pick next year.

Right now, the only teams that cannot get to 7 wins are Detroit, Oakland, Tampa, Arizona, Cleveland and Houston.

That leaves 4 spots for 13 teams currently with records of 5-9, 6-8 and 7-7.

Just sayin'

:p

Thanks, now we will definitely win the final two games.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks, now we will definitely win the final two games.

You and I both know that was going to happen anyway.....

Anything to twist the knife a little more.....

tk13
12-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Actually, I was going to mention that. We're actually ranked like 12th in the AFC, and could finish lower than that... and because the entire NFC sucks we won't even get a top 10 pick.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Actually, I was going to mention that. We're actually ranked like 12th in the AFC, and could finish lower than that... and because the entire NFC sucks we won't even get a top 10 pick.

Yeah, there's a boatload of NFC teams at 6-8 that we'd need to win out.

Where we're gonna get hosed is the tiebreaker: Strength of Schedule.

Ours will be higher than anyone we're tied with, in all probability.

With only 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7 as possibilities, my guess is we'll get no higher than 13 and no lower than 20. Actually, unless we magically made the playoffs, it would be impossible to be any lower than 20.....

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:38 PM
You and I both know that was going to happen anyway.....

Anything to twist the knife a little more.....
Yeah, but we seem to survive that knife every single year and come back for more. :shake:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2006, 11:39 PM
**** the NFC

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2006, 11:41 PM
And **** the playoffs, I want a good draft pick

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:41 PM
And **** the playoffs, I want a good draft pick
Ain't happenin' this year.

OnTheWarpath58
12-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, but we seem to survive that knife every single year and come back for more. :shake:

I'm actually hoping some of these people stick to their guns and don't renew tickets. I'll happily take an upgrade.

I didn't wait until my 30's to get Season Tickets just to give them up after 4 seasons.

Hell, I'll even accept a couple of 4-12 and 6-10 seasons if that's what it took to truly rebuild this team......

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Where are probably gonna pick this year? 15-20?

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm actually hoping some of these people stick to their guns and don't renew tickets. I'll happily take an upgrade.

I didn't wait until my 30's to get Season Tickets just to give them up after 4 seasons.

Hell, I'll even accept a couple of 4-12 and 6-10 seasons if that's what it took to truly rebuild this team......
I would gladly take a few dismal seasons just for one chance at the SB!

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:48 PM

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
I think this is the year we need to move up. I want a shot at the best offensive tackle.

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2006, 12:07 AM
I think this is the year we need to move up. I want a shot at the best offensive tackle.

I don't necessarily disagree GC, but with the amount of holes we need to fill, we need all the picks we can get, IMO.

It would have to be an absolute lock for me to move up.....

And we all know what a crapshoot the draft is.

What really pisses me off is that had we not completely wasted our drafts in 2000, '01 and '02 we wouldn't be in as bad of shape now.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 12:14 AM
wasted our drafts in 2000, '01 and '02 we wouldn't be in as bad of shape now.

ROFL, I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh.

But man are we a sad, sad team.

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2006, 12:19 AM
ROFL, I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh.

But man are we a sad, sad team.

There's nothing funny about having Dante Hall, Greg Wesley and Ryan Sims as the only evidence that KC even picked in the draft in 2000-02. My guess is that in '07, none of that "evidence" will still be around.

When you go three straight years with basically no return, it's gonna bite you in the ass down the road.

BigRedChief
12-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Welcome to NFL parity.There are only 4 teams in the AFC with a worst record than the Chiefs

cdcox
12-19-2006, 07:11 AM

Wallcrawler
12-19-2006, 08:00 AM

Hey uh, your videogame just called and it wants its line back.