PDA

View Full Version : You guys should get rid of Ty Law

LesterLyles
12-18-2006, 09:55 PM
While I have been a vocal critic of Hwerm, he is probably not going anywhere for you guys and he is capable of getting teams to the playoffs. However, i would reccomend getting rid of Ty law asap. In the few games I have watchwed the Chiefs play and obviously following the Jets last year, I feel he is more of a cancer now than anything else. I think he takes advantage of Herm and overall it sets a very bad tone; he is a bad influence for the young guys, at least that is what it seems. Wondering what you guys think?

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Ty law was on the Jets with Herm and had 10 ints he is good.

Coach
12-18-2006, 09:58 PM
All I know that Law is a damned good expert on slipping and falling down on his ass.

LesterLyles
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Ty law was on the Jets with Herm and had 10 ints he is good.

His numbers last year were overrated. He had a ton of penalties and capitalized on bad throws. The worst thing, though, was that he was a very bad influence. He buddied up w/ herm and got away w/ murder i.e. missing meetings and practices. Herm is very bad like that b/c he buddies up w/ guys too easily. If it is a true pro like Lynch or Curtis Martin, its fine. but when its a punk like Law, it becomes a negative. This is why the LJ friendship would concern me if I were a Chiefs fan b/c LJ is a punk as well.

Count Zarth
12-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Law is a good corner but he is GROSSLY overpaid. He hasn't been burned much this year but he hasn't made many plays this year, either. He should have had 6-8 interceptions and 10-12 passes defensed.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:09 PM
lol 10 ints is bad yeah right.

FAX
12-18-2006, 10:10 PM
His numbers last year were overrated. He had a ton of penalties and capitalized on bad throws. The worst thing, though, was that he was a very bad influence. He buddied up w/ herm and got away w/ murder i.e. missing meetings and practices. Herm is very gbad like that b/c he buddies up w/ guys too easily. If it is a true pro like Lynch or Curtis Martin, its fine. but when its a punk like Law, it becomes a negative. This is why the LJ friendship would concern me if I were a Chiefs fan b/c LJ is a pretty big punk as well.

I sense truth in your words of death, Mr. LesterLyles.

FAX

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-18-2006, 10:11 PM
WTF? Is it amateur night tonight?

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:11 PM
lol fax its iron

Coach
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
WTF? Is it amateur night tonight?

LMAO

No, more of like troll/annoying night.

First kotong and now HermIsKing, ChiefsPlanet must be a shit magnet or something.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 10:22 PM
ur not nice u attract shit

Valiant
12-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Yes Ty and Surtain have not had pro bowl years but they did not do a bad job considering the lack of pass rush we got and Gunther playing them 10 yards off the ball and Wesley nothing covering the deep pattern constantly..

I would give him a C+/B- and Surtain a B-/B category.. Remember our corners three years ago?? This is leaps and bounds better...

Halfcan
12-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Law is a good corner but he is GROSSLY overpaid. He hasn't been burned much this year but he hasn't made many plays this year, either. He should have had 6-8 interceptions and 10-12 passes defensed.

Did you miss him falling down at Pitts, or being burned repeatedly in CLeveland. Or how about last week getting toasted by the Ravens.

Ty has been a joke. He won't be back next year.

Count Zarth
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Did you miss him falling down at Pitts, or being burned repeatedly in CLeveland. Or how about last week getting toasted by the Ravens.

He's been burned a few times, but no more than some of the other good corners in this league. Warfield was burned a hell of a lot more last year.

Also, he wasn't toasted in the Ravens game. That was Wesley.

I think he's been a good corner but is grossly overpaid.

FAX
12-18-2006, 10:38 PM
He's dropped several potential interceptions as well as his ass to the field a few times.

I'm still waiting for the famous, talented, shut-down, ball-hoggin', perennial probowl caliber Ty Law to show up.

FAX

Bill Parcells
12-18-2006, 10:43 PM
He's dropped several potential interceptions as well as his ass to the field a few times.

I'm still waiting for the famous, talented, shut-down, ball-hoggin', perennial probowl caliber Ty Law to show up.

FAX
Actually,if thats what was expected..the cover 2 is the wrong scheme...

I was never a big fan of Ty Law with the Jets..I dont care about the 10 int's..he was constantly getting burned,having pass int penalties called against him and he was awful at tackling.

GROB
12-18-2006, 11:33 PM
He's the best thing since sliced bread, when he gets burnt he slips on purpose so he can blame the turf.

Mecca
12-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Surtain hasn't been any better.......our front 7 turns good corners into dog shit.

Count Zarth
12-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Surtain hasn't been any better.......our front 7 turns good corners into dog shit.

Surtain was better last year. I think Gunther has done a horrible job of putting these guys in position to make plays.

ChiefaRoo
12-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Surtain was better last year. I think Gunther has done a horrible job of putting these guys in position to make plays.

This team has played without passion most of the year. They've been flat and predictable. Something is going on with the psyche of this team and it's not good.

GROB
12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Aren't Law and Surtain Man to Man guys who KC thought would fit a cover 2 scheme well?

Count Zarth
12-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Aren't Law and Surtain Man to Man guys who KC thought would fit a cover 2 scheme well?

Not really. They've both been known as outstanding all-around corners that can play man or zone with equal success. The problem is we don't really have a consistent enough pass rush to play so much zone. I preferred Gunther's scheme from last season immensely. Kawika Mitchell, Greg Wesley and Jared Allen played better in it, too

HMc
12-19-2006, 12:18 AM
With multiple SB rings, plenty of $ and at the backend of his career, i have to ask how much does Law really <b>want</b> it?

DaWolf
12-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Maybe it's time to convert Law to a safety a la Rod Woodson...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Maybe it's time to convert Law to a safety a la Rod Woodson...

Except for the whole aversion to tackling thing.

Iowanian
12-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Anyone else find it interesting that moLester didn't find his way here during the winning streak?

Lester, GFYw/CS.

ChiefsLV
12-19-2006, 07:46 AM

Ty has been a joke. He won't be back next year.

Don't forget early in the year at Denver. Most of the Bronco's game winning drive was Plummet to Walker who was being covered by Law.

StcChief
12-19-2006, 08:04 AM
He's been solid for the most part.

Should have had a couple more INTs. Wesley knocked two away from him.

Torched going for it, falls down. Wesley didn't cover so he looks bad too.

Still better than Burntee,McPasson.

Chiefnj
12-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I think Law is doing okay. He slipped a few times earlier in the season but appears to have given his cleats to Knight. He's doing well considering the pass rush is inconsistent, the QB usually has a nice pocket to sit in and the safety help has been absent.

King_Chief_Fan
12-19-2006, 08:13 AM
They've been flat and predictable. Something is going on with the psyche of this team and it's not good.

Herm Edwards

jspchief
12-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Maybe Law got a lot of penalties in NY, but he's barely drawn a flag here in KC. That's one gripe that just doesn't translate.

I agree that Law is overpaid, but he's not been a cancer and he's certainly not the weak link in the D. Considering the oft-ineffective pass rush, the OLB that can't cover, and the oft-out of position safeties, I can overlook the occasional gaff by Law.

Get a DT that can collapse the center of the pocket, and Surtain and Law will start looking like pro bowlers again.

StcChief
12-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Maybe Law got a lot of penalties in NY, but he's barely drawn a flag here in KC. That's one gripe that just doesn't translate.

I agree that Law is overpaid, but he's not been a cancer and he's certainly not the weak link in the D. Considering the oft-ineffective pass rush, the OLB that can't cover, and the oft-out of position safeties, I can overlook the occasional gaff by Law.

Get a DT that can collapse the center of the pocket, and Surtain and Law will start looking like pro bowlers again.

Yep. when they have to try and save the day because the others on D fail it really makes them look bad.

Actually they want us to get rid of TyLaw so they can pick him up. :p

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 10:41 AM

Yep.

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Yep.

QB's have had all day against us. You can't blame the CB's for that.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
QB's have had all day against us. You can't blame the CB's for that.

Law and Surtain looked pretty damn good against the Chargers vaunted passing offense.

Has alot to do with HALI and ALLEN, not Law and Surtain.

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Law and Surtain looked pretty damn good against the Chargers vaunted passing offense.

Has alot to do with HALI and ALLEN, not Law and Surtain.

DT's continue to be our Achilles heel. It doesn't seem to matter what we do to try and address it we don't get the job done.

Calcountry
12-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Actually,if thats what was expected..the cover 2 is the wrong scheme...

I was never a big fan of Ty Law with the Jets..I dont care about the 10 int's..he was constantly getting burned,having pass int penalties called against him and he was awful at tackling.But he Pwned Manning in the AFC Championship game a couple of years ago and that is enough to get paid in this league.

GROB
12-19-2006, 12:05 PM
We can all agree that KC has a better pass rush than Denver. Bailey still makes plays out of retreads on the DL so why can't law or Surtain? 19 picks in 3 years in Denver so far.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-19-2006, 12:09 PM
All I know that Law is a damned good expert on slipping and falling down on his ass.
That's hardly fair, Coach. He's just as good at falling on his face.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 12:09 PM
We can all agree that KC has a better pass rush than Denver. Bailey still makes plays out of retreads on the DL so why can't law or Surtain? 19 picks in 3 years in Denver so far.

Bailey gives up as many long TD's as he gets picks. That's because he relies on superior athleticism and speed to close on CB's and make breaks on the ball. Surtain has never been that kind of CB, and at his age, Law isn't one either.

GROB
12-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Bailey gives up as many long TD's as he gets picks. That's because he relies on superior athleticism and speed to close on CB's and make breaks on the ball. Surtain has never been that kind of CB, and at his age, Law isn't one either.
You haven't watched him then except for maybe his first year in Denver when he had two bad games and was burnt in the snow vs Jerry Porter, and ocho cinco on monday night. I would like you to find out who has beat him for long scores this year and last year?

Wile_E_Coyote
12-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Surtain's first season left me in awe. He was making tackles on running backs by grabing them by the ankles & usually close to the line of scrimage. Maybe it was because of the God awful defense he was brought in to help fix

Donger
12-19-2006, 12:14 PM
You haven't watched him then except for maybe his first year in Denver when he had two bad games and was burnt in the snow vs Jerry Porter, and ocho cinco on monday night. I would like you to find out who has beat him for long scores this year and last year?

I'm thinking of beginning to root for the Broncos. Is there anything of which I should be aware before making the switch?

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 12:16 PM

Kennison burned him at Arrowhead last year.

As for this year, I've only seen him get beat on one play and that was a jump ball with Gates.

GROB
12-19-2006, 12:20 PM

As for this year, I've only seen him get beat on one play and that was a jump ball with Gates.
That was a good play by bailey by leaving his man to make a play but a great play by gates who is much stronger to get the ball away into his hands. CB give up TD's, they are like .333 hitters in baseball they do strike out, except bailey is hitting around .500. He will be a first ballot hall of famer if he has another year or two like this.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 01:18 PM
That was a good play by bailey by leaving his man to make a play but a great play by gates who is much stronger to get the ball away into his hands. CB give up TD's, they are like .333 hitters in baseball they do strike out, except bailey is hitting around .500. He will be a first ballot hall of famer if he has another year or two like this.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying he's a slouch, I'm saying he's a gambler, and he can afford to be. He plays much more with his body than his head, because he can.

Law used to be that type of player, but he just can't do it anymore.

And Surtain was never that type of player.

King_Chief_Fan
12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm thinking of beginning to root for the Broncos. Is there anything of which I should be aware before making the switch?

castrate yourself first.....wait, maybe you already have. Is that why you are "dongless". I can't think of any reason to root for the Broncos unless a person is dongless

Count Zarth
12-19-2006, 01:23 PM

That was Foxworth.

LesterLyles
12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Anyone else find it interesting that moLester didn't find his way here during the winning streak?

Lester, GFYw/CS.

sctually I did come by here during your win streak so your attack is a bit uncalled for. I'm just providing an opinion here. The NY press was all over the fact that the Law/Herm combo was an awful situation in NY and for whatever reason, I get the a similar sense when I watch KC. Get rid of him!!

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 06:52 PM
sctually I did come by here during your win streak so your attack is a bit uncalled for. I'm just providing an opinion here. The NY press was all over the fact that the Law/Herm combo was an awful situation in NY and for whatever reason, I get the a similar sense when I watch KC. Get rid of him!!

Unfortunatly the fans didn't get to vote on it. Most did not want Herm nor liked him when he was with the Jets.

ihateyou134
12-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Not really. They've both been known as outstanding all-around corners that can play man or zone with equal success. The problem is we don't really have a consistent enough pass rush to play so much zone. I preferred Gunther's scheme from last season immensely.

I was a big fan of Surtain in Miami..... He's perfect in man coverage, they rarely caught anything on him and he made interceptions galore. He's not the same in zone and hes not very fast or agile but he's prolly the smartest Corner in the NFL. Also, Kc Joyner, the football scientist from espn, wrote an article about him last year about how Gunther is misusing him and has him playing 10 yards off way to often.. making him not very effective. Also i noticed hes been playing on the right side, when he's mostly played on the left his career.

Deberg_1990
12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Considering the liabilities that are Gun, the Chiefs pass rush, and our safties, Surtain and Law have done an acceptable job overall.

Think about the corners we had from 2001-2004 and you cant complain about them too much.