PDA

View Full Version : As bad as we look we still have a damn good chance

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
We actually still have a very decent shot at the playoffs.

The teams tied/ahead of us
- Denver
- Cincy
- Jax
- NYJ
- Tenn
- Pitt
- Buffalo

We play Jax so we control our fate there
Tennessee and Buffalo play each other - 1 is out
Pitt plays Baltimore and @Cincy - I don't see them winning both
Jets play @Miami and Oakland - go Dolphins
Denver plays Cincy and San Fran - go Cincy

That leaves Cincinatti and the Buffalo/Tennessee winner.

Buffalo plays @ Baltimore and Tennessee plays New England.

That's a lot of stuff to happen but none of it is crazy.

Cliff notes:
- Need Pitt to lose against Baltimore or Cincy
- Need Jets to lose AT Miami
- Need Denver to lose against Cincy or San Fran
- Need the Buffalo/Tennessee winner to lose their remaining game (against Baltimore or New England)

All of this and of course we need to beat Oakland and Jax.

I think there is a very good possibility of this happening as long as we win out. Of course, we'll just get blown out in round 1 and get a lower draft pick :cuss:

Dave Lane
12-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Put down the crack pipe my friend.

Dave

Bugeater
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
:shake:

Count Zarth
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Oakland has to beat the Jets. We're SCREWED.

FAX
12-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok. What the heck.

Go Chiefs!!

FAX

mikey23545
12-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Oakland has to beat the Jets. We're SCREWED.

We have to beat Oakland. We're SCREWED.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Damn I forgot the Jets have to lose twice.

Logical
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
OMG will the stupidity ever end.

Hendrix68
12-18-2006, 10:13 PM
This only illustrates how EASY it would have been to make the playoffs if we had just beat the freaking BROWNS.

That has to be the most soul-deadening regular season loss ever.

The BROWNS.

*shudders*

cdcox
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
If damn good means less than 2%, then yes, we have a damn good chance.

cdcox
12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Damn I forgot the Jets have to lose twice.

Nevermind, we're cooked.

Now you have to face public embarrassment all because you didn't check nfl-forecast.com

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Jared Allen admitted it was over earlier today.

Halfcan
12-18-2006, 10:18 PM
This just in.....

Royals have a damm good chance of winning the World Series.

tk13
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Actually, we don't need the Jets to lose out.

Cincy: L @ DEN, L vs. PIT

Denver: W vs. CIN, L vs SF (probably the craziest thing we need, Frank Gore pretty much has to go off)

Jax: W vs. NE, L @ KC

NYJ: W @ MIA, W vs. OAK

Buffalo: W vs. TEN, L @ BAL

Tennesee: L @ BUF, W vs. NE

Pittsburgh: L vs. BAL, W @ CIN

Kansas City: W @ Oak, W vs. Jax

That's what you're rooting for right there. If that's how the last two weeks play out, the Jets would be the 5 seed, we'd be the 6 seed. Good luck.

Actually, none of those losses are that crazy except for SF winning in Denver, which will pretty much take Frank Gore going off and dominating the game and Cutler making some rookie mistakes. The odds of all these happening exactly as planned though, are pretty remote.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
It's amazing if we just won ONE of these 3 games we'd have a pretty damn good shot, ****ers.

GROB
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
About as good of a chance as OAK has this weekend of winning.

Count Zarth
12-18-2006, 10:28 PM
If San Francisco beats Denver I will shave my head.

Count Zarth
12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
It's amazing if we just won ONE of these 3 games we'd have a pretty damn good shot, ****ers.

It's quite disgusting.

tk13
12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Actually, I stand corrected. If that particular scenario played out, I believe the Jets would win the AFC East, and New England would be the 5 seed. I could be wrong about that, not that we care really.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
It's quite disgusting.
Life as a chiefs fan, rollercoaster!

beer bacon
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
This only illustrates how EASY it would have been to make the playoffs if we had just beat the freaking BROWNS.

That has to be the most soul-deadening regular season loss ever.

The BROWNS.

*shudders*

What really pisses me off is how much better our pass rush, blitzing, and our secondary was yesterday compared to the Browns game. Talk all you want about how shitty we played at San Diego, and how LdT ran all over us, but our pass defense was pretty damn inspired, largely due to shutting down SD's passing attack. The only team that held them to less points was Baltimore, and that was at Baltimore.

If we could have just gotten one aspect of our pass defense going against the Browns, pass rush, blitzing, or secondary ball-awareness, we probably would have won. Yet our pass defense was just all around horrible that game. No pressure from the line, hardly any blitzes, and the secondary could not get anywhere near the ball once it was in the air.

Count Zarth
12-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Life as a chiefs fan, rollercoaster!

The last two years have really sucked. When we beat Denver last year I thought we had a really good chance and were one of the better teams in the AFC. Nope. Sorry Charlie Brown.

Same crap this year except we lost at home and to a bad Browns team.

Sure-Oz
12-18-2006, 10:35 PM
The last two years have really sucked. When we beat Denver last year I thought we had a really good chance and were one of the better teams in the AFC. Nope. Sorry Charlie Brown.

Same crap this year except we lost at home and to a bad Browns team.
Miami started the de-railing process unfortunately. We were riding REAL high after dominating the Rams.

I still will watch and hope we play well the next 2 weeks but man, this is really frustrating, year after year!

pr_capone
12-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Denver: W vs. DEN , L vs SF (probably the craziest thing we need, Frank Gore pretty much has to go off)
Denver: W vs. DEN

Denver has to beat Denver??? :D

cdcox
Actually, I stand corrected. If that particular scenario played out, I believe the Jets would win the AFC East, and New England would be the 5 seed. I could be wrong about that, not that we care really.

Yep. But when you start stinging together multiple events, the odds get very low. As in 1.8% low. Next year.

FAX

I think the best we can hope for is a tie, Mr. pr_capone.

FAX

KurtCobain
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM

I wish KC could play KC...they might win.

Guru
12-18-2006, 10:57 PM
We have to beat Oakland. We're SCREWED.
My thoughts exactly. Their D played us tough in our own house. What will our struggling O do in their house?

pr_capone
Nah... we would find a way to loose that game as well.

*sigh*

tk13
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

FAX
12-18-2006, 11:00 PM

ROFL

Unfortunately, if we were on the road, we probably wouldn't.

FAX

Guru
12-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Nah... we would find a way to loose that game as well.

*sigh*
Reminds me of a time that my Mother-in-law prayed for the Fighting Irish to "not lose" a game. Guess what.... They didn't lose.... They tied.

My Brother-in-law almost went insane that night when he found out about that prayer.

ROFL

Nzoner
12-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Sorry to be so negative here but who in the fock really wants this team in the play-offs just to get embarrassed in the 1st round.

I'm hoping Herm's former team the J-E-T-S make it in as well as marty's chargers winning it all so it will be one great big FOCK YOU to Peterson because it's time for his ass to leave!!

BWillie
12-18-2006, 11:13 PM
I will cut off my left nut if the Chiefs make the playoffs. You can write that down.

FAX
12-18-2006, 11:17 PM
I completely understand why people would rather not see the Chiefs knocked out of the playoffs in the first round and in embarrassing, ass-kicked-to-the-curb fashion, Mr. Nzoner. But I would like them to make it, if possible, for two reasons;

1. Life is short and I get to watch them play one more time.

2. It gives the players one game of post-season experience that may be beneficial in later years.

They may not be good reasons, but they're all I've got.

FAX

God of Thunder
12-19-2006, 02:01 AM
at least we don't have to have 7 tie-games to have a chance.

HMc
12-19-2006, 02:09 AM

so maybe the jets need to lose in miami

PastorMikH
12-19-2006, 06:43 AM
3 out of 4 teams have to lose their last two games of the season and we have to beat Oakland on the road - it's Oakland sure, but its also on the road, then we have to beat a playoff hopefull at home.

Jets won't lose to Oakland

There is a small possibility that the Jags might lose 2 (NE and us)

Cinnci had Pittsburg and Cleveland so they probably won't lose any either - at most 1

Denver has the 49ers so they will probably win at least one more too.

I think there's a better chance of the Royals going to the World Series next year than us making the playoffs. Could it happen? Mathmatically sure, but realistically? No.

BigRedChief
12-19-2006, 06:47 AM
There are only 4 teams in the AFC that have a worse record than the Chiefs.

PastorMikH
12-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Actually, if we can lose the last 2, we will have a fair chance of drafting in the top 10.

I'd be for playing younger players (and QBs) and drafting in the top 10 more than trying to make the playoffs and drafting at 20.

We need top talent more than we need to miss the playoffs by half a game.

Easy 6
12-19-2006, 07:00 AM
I agree, we DO still have a chance......in '07.

StcChief
12-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Stop kidding yourself. This team playing up/down doesn't belong near the WC spot.

step away from the :bong:

Iowanian
12-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Save yourself the anguish.

Clense yourself now of any idea that the Chiefs will make the playoffs....they will not.

At least 2 other teams will have the same record, and the Chiefs Conference record is horrendous.

The Chiefs in no way deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with other playoff contenders. Period.

The Rick
12-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Might be careful what you wish for. The 49ers have been playing better lately. I can see it happening...

PastorMikH
12-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Might be careful what you wish for. The 49ers have been playing better lately. I can see it happening...

IF that happened, and Denver managed to also lose to the 49ers, then we'd miss the playoffs behind Cinnci and the Jets.

FWIW, Denver/Cinnci are guaranteed one more win since they play each other. So, we need the loser of that game to lose 2 AND the Jets (who still play Oakland) and Jacksonville both need to lose the rest of their games.

I don't know why people are hoping though. We controlled our destiny and lost to the Browns. We were still in it and couldn't beat the Ravens at home. With the odds stacked against us and the emotions from Lamar Hunt's passing, we couldn't muster enough mojo to even score a TD against the Chargers. I can't believe people actually think we deserve the playoffs. AND, does anyone really think we can win 3 straight games on the road to get to the SB against some of the best teams in the AFL?

Play the Rooks, lose, get a top 10 draft pick and also maybe pick up a first round prospect that drops to the top of the 2nd round. It's time to play for the future.

The Rick
12-19-2006, 08:40 AM
IF that happened, and Denver managed to also lose to the 49ers, then we'd miss the playoffs behind Cinnci and the Jets.

FWIW, Denver/Cinnci are guaranteed one more win since they play each other. So, we need the loser of that game to lose 2 AND the Jets (who still play Oakland) and Jacksonville both need to lose the rest of their games.

I don't know why people are hoping though. We controlled our destiny and lost to the Browns. We were still in it and couldn't beat the Ravens at home. With the odds stacked against us and the emotions from Lamar Hunt's passing, we couldn't muster enough mojo to even score a TD against the Chargers. I can't believe people actually think we deserve the playoffs. AND, does anyone really think we can win 3 straight games on the road to get to the SB against some of the best teams in the AFL?

Play the Rooks, lose, get a top 10 draft pick and also maybe pick up a first round prospect that drops to the top of the 2nd round. It's time to play for the future.
Oh no, I have no illusions of us making the playoffs. I was just commenting on GoChiefs' statement that he'd shave his head if San Francisco beat Denver (he didn't qualify it with anything else).

I can absolutely see San Francisco being a 2006 version of one of those teams that finish the year strong. I can see them beating Denver.

kepp
12-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Stopped reading right there

Bwana
12-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Calcountry
12-19-2006, 12:04 PM
We actually still have a very decent shot at the playoffs.

The teams tied/ahead of us
- Denver
- Cincy
- Jax
- NYJ
- Tenn
- Pitt
- Buffalo

Tennessee and Buffalo play each other - 1 is out
Pitt plays Baltimore and @Cincy - I don't see them winning both
Jets play @Miami and Oakland - go Dolphins
Denver plays Cincy and San Fran - go Cincy

That leaves Cincinatti and the Buffalo/Tennessee winner.

Buffalo plays @ Baltimore and Tennessee plays New England.

That's a lot of stuff to happen but none of it is crazy.

Cliff notes:
- Need Pitt to lose against Baltimore or Cincy
- Need Jets to lose AT Miami
- Need Denver to lose against Cincy or San Fran
- Need the Buffalo/Tennessee winner to lose their remaining game (against Baltimore or New England)

All of this and of course we need to beat Oakland and Jax
I think there is a very good possibility of this happening as long as we win out. Of course, we'll just get blown out in round 1 and get a lower draft pick :cuss:That is all you need to concern yourself with is this, and even that won't happen.

BECAUSE WE SUCK. Or did you not get the memo in your e-mail.

MichaelH
12-19-2006, 12:23 PM
This season is turning into last season and the season before that and the season before that. Wait, the season before the season before last, we were one and done. :)

JazzzLovr
12-19-2006, 12:41 PM
With the odds stacked against us and the emotions from Lamar Hunt's passing, we couldn't muster enough mojo to even score a TD against the Chargers. I can't believe people actually think we deserve the playoffs.

Exactly. :(

melbar
12-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Actually, we don't need the Jets to lose out.

Cincy: L @ DEN, L vs. PIT

Denver: W vs. CIN, L vs SF (probably the craziest thing we need, Frank Gore pretty much has to go off)

Jax: W vs. NE, L @ KC

NYJ: W @ MIA, W vs. OAK

Buffalo: W vs. TEN, L @ BAL

Tennesee: L @ BUF, W vs. NE

Pittsburgh: L vs. BAL, W @ CIN

Kansas City: W @ Oak, W vs. Jax

That's what you're rooting for right there. If that's how the last two weeks play out, the Jets would be the 5 seed, we'd be the 6 seed. Good luck.

Actually, none of those losses are that crazy except for SF winning in Denver, which will pretty much take Frank Gore going off and dominating the game and Cutler making some rookie mistakes. The odds of all these happening exactly as planned though, are pretty remote.

What your saying with Denver having to beat Cin is if we were to be the #1 seed of the 2 wildcards.

tk13
12-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Eh, Denver lost 4 in a row, got blasted by San Diego twice, and they're gonna make the playoffs. If you get in the playoffs, you deserve to get in. The entire NFL sucks.

What really sucks, is Denver might get New England in the first round... and Shanahan always does well against them, they've already went up there once and won.

Inspector
12-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Are we going to be able to buy our super bowl tickets at Arrowhead box office or will we need to go through ticket master?

I'm just getting prepared.

tk13
12-19-2006, 12:56 PM
What your saying with Denver having to beat Cin is if we were to be the #1 seed of the 2 wildcards.
No, in that scenario, the Jets or Pats would be the 5 seed, we'd be the 6 seed. I was trying to take the Jets out of our equation, because everybody thought we were finished because the Jets aren't losing out. But there's a scenario where the Jets don't matter to us... and really it doesn't require that many upsets. Just a bunch of things to fall in line perfectly. The Bengals losing out is far more realistic than the Jets losing out. We're a game behind both, and they have tiebreakers on us, we'd need one of them to fall behind us.

melbar
12-19-2006, 01:10 PM
We've been in controll of our destiny since Cleveland. Like someone said earlier what a disappointing loss. We've also been shown that Herms Offensive philosophy SUCKS! Run Run Pass...Run Run Pass... (down by 2 scores in the 4th?) Run Run Pass....

DMAC
12-19-2006, 01:20 PM
All of this requires us to win out right?

tk13
12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
All of this requires us to win out right?
Yes. Haha. That's just a wee bit important. Any loss eliminates us.

ArrowheadHawk
12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
can we please just throw the last two game so we get a better draft pick

DMAC
12-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Yes. Haha. That's just a wee bit important. Any loss eliminates us.Consider us eliminated.

FAX
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Gentlemen, please.

We should keep fighting until the last whistle of the last game has sounded. We are not mathematically eliminated. I know our chances of making the playoffs are less than the combined brain weight of Britney Spears and Randy Moss, but until we're out, hope lives.

Did George Washington give up after Martha fed him that bad fish? Did Andy Rooney give up after looking at himself in the mirror? Did Mr. Skip Towne give up after losing movement in his left arm? No. And, by all that's Holy and righteous and good and smells nice, neither should we.

FAX

DMAC
12-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Gentlemen, please.

We should keep fighting until the last whistle of the last game has sounded. We are not mathematically eliminated. I know our chances of making the playoffs are less than the combined brain weight of Britney Spears and Randy Moss, but until we're out, hope lives.

Did George Washington give up after Martha fed him that bad fish? Did Andy Rooney give up after looking at himself in the mirror? Did Mr. Skip Towne give up after losing movement in his left arm? No. And, by all that's Holy and righteous and good and smells nice, neither should we.

FAXLet's not look at it that way...let's look at it like giving up smoking, or an anorexic who should give up losing weight.

tk13
12-19-2006, 01:41 PM
can we please just throw the last two game so we get a better draft pick
We have a better shot at making the playoffs than improving our draft position that much. I'm almost not kidding. The NFC is littered with 7-7 and 6-8 teams, and we probably aren't winning draft tiebreakers with any of them because their strength of schedule is weak.

We're basically stuck in purgatory. We need all these 8-6/7-7 AFC teams to lose out to make the playoffs, or we need all these 7-7/6-8 teams in the NFC to win out to improve draft position. We just don't have any tiebreakers on anybody.

DMAC
12-19-2006, 01:52 PM
We have a better shot at making the playoffs than improving our draft position that much. I'm almost not kidding. The NFC is littered with 7-7 and 6-8 teams, and we probably aren't winning draft tiebreakers with any of them because their strength of schedule is weak.

We're basically stuck in purgatory. We need all these 8-6/7-7 AFC teams to lose out to make the playoffs, or we need all these 7-7/6-8 teams in the NFC to win out to improve draft position. We just don't have any tiebreakers on anybody.Last year we were 10-6...no playoffs, so we got screwed with a late draft pick.

This year we could be 7-9 and could get screwed with the same pick.

KurtCobain
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I will cut off my left nut if the Chiefs make the playoffs. You can write that down.

Sigged.

ChiefButthurt
12-20-2006, 05:32 AM

Apparently you ARE "nuts". By the way, you're safe. They will NOT make the playoffs this year or any year in the near future. You can write down that shit bub.

The bad thing is that I can't even get into looking for a new team. :banghead:

Tuckdaddy
12-20-2006, 06:19 AM
This is nuts. All of that will not happen.

DaKCMan AP
12-31-2006, 07:15 PM
bump :)

the Talking Can
12-31-2006, 07:17 PM
nice

siberian khatru
12-31-2006, 07:19 PM
There's gonna be a lot of bumping going on the next day or two.

I'm already on my third helping of crow ... with a goddamn buffet in front of me.

ROFL

dirk digler
12-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Good job DaKCMan. I gave us about 1% chance to pull this off.

KChiefs1
12-31-2006, 07:24 PM
I can see a lot of posts being bumped this week.....fun stuff!

The Rick
01-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Two things:

First, hate to say I told you so.....but, I told you so.

Second, and more importantly, when can we expect to see the new do? :p