PDA

View Full Version : Management wish list.....

Knob
12-19-2006, 12:28 AM
So we are now starting over from scratch. Gone is the Vermeil offense. Gone is any kind of a Defense. TOP FIVE things I hope management does to put the Chiefs back in hunt.

1. Fire Gunther Cunningham! His defense is wack. He should never have been brought back the 2nd time. He reaps benifits of Arrowhead home advantage and thats about it. His D gives up too many big plays. He is inconsistent with the blitz. He needs to move on.

2. Demote or fire Mike Solari. Playcalling is wack. When your only star says it sucks (Larry Johnson) then it sucks. Need a change. Solari is clearly in over his head. He seems to always be playing vanilla.

3. Do your scouting homework and draft a quality QB or get a free agent. Good arm strength, mobility, etc. Keep Huard in the meantime. Green's time is up.

4. Draft a f*cking wide receiver! And not some azz whose name has parker in it. A Quality receiver. Free agency is a possibility here also.

5. Resign LJ for whatever he wants. He is the only young stud we got. A quality RB. An O Line, receiver and he is even that more dangerous.

I could go on but those came to my mind first.......What would you guys like to see happen with the Chiefs?

CoMoChief
12-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Uhh, the first thing that should come to your mind is for Carl to leave.

Guru
12-19-2006, 12:31 AM
AMEN brothah!!!

Knob
12-19-2006, 12:35 AM

Who would you want to be are new GM?

Spicy McHaggis
12-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Who would you want to be are new GM?

Scott Pioli

Knob
12-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Scott Pioli

Who is that?

Spicy McHaggis
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Who is that?

Scott Pioli (http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=mgersexecsbio&bio=12539)

Count Alex's Losses
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
The new special teams coach should also be shown the door. I think we've got plenty of athletes on the coverage teams. Adios, Priefer.

CoMoChief
12-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Scott Pioli

Yup. There just needs to be a change. For Peterson to be around as long as he is , is just rediculous.

DaWolf
12-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Scott Pioli
And if he says no (as he definitely might since he seems to love staying where he is)?

My guess is that Carl and the Chiefs are grooming Kucharik to step in as the GM with Thum continuing on as the contract guy. Dunno if that is gonna be much of an improvement.

BTW I would not oppose anything listed above. The team needs an overhaul, but I suspect we won't get it as Carl and Herm are both pretty stubborn...

Knob
12-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Scott Pioli (http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=mgersexecsbio&bio=12539)

I'd sh#t myself if we could pull that off. That would be like the time we got Joe Montana. :drool:

CoMoChief
12-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Pioli won't leave what he has going at NE.

OnTheWarpath58
And if he says no (as he definitely might since he seems to love staying where he is)?

My guess is that Carl and the Chiefs are grooming Kucharik to step in as the GM with Thum continuing on as the contract guy. Dunno if that is gonna be much of an improvement.

BTW I would not oppose anything listed above. The team needs an overhaul, but I suspect we won't get it as Carl and Herm are both pretty stubborn...

I was thinking they were grooming Thum, but lets face it.....

Both Kuharich and Thum would basically be Carl D. Peterson Jr.

JMO.

Knob
What does it take to get a GM? Tons of cash?

Spicy McHaggis
12-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Pioli won't leave what he has going at NE.

I know but the thread title is "Wish List" and I figured I might as well dream big.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 12:59 AM
I was thinking they were grooming Thum, but lets face it.....

Both Kuharich and Thum would basically be Carl D. Peterson Jr.

JMO.

Get ready, when we finally get rid of Carl he'll still be in the organization in some faction and will likely get a big hand in picking his follower.....

Guru
12-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Get ready, when we finally get rid of Carl he'll still be in the organization in some faction and will likely get a big hand in picking his follower.....
:Rader:

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2006, 01:02 AM

Trust me, I know.

That's why you rarely, if ever see me in the middle of one of those "fire CP now" threads.......unless I'm being sarcastic or poking fun at someone.....

I'm not expecting any serious change around here for quite a while.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 01:05 AM
I want Jack Steadman to be our new GM.

DaWolf
12-19-2006, 01:14 AM
I think Carl has been good and bad for this organization. I'm not blind to the fact that he has been able to build some solid football teams here and frankly we had a couple of teams that could have gotten to the Super Bowl, particularly in '95 and '97, and had those teams been better coached in the playoffs we might be thinking in Carl in different terms. Those collapses weren't his fault.

And while he's had his free agency and draft failures, he's also had his gems. He's just never been, well, consistent, which is why we've been mediocre for so long.

But more recently I have been noticing a disturbing trend of Carl holding on to the past too tightly. It all started with his mistake of giving Gunther the HC job. To his credit he aborted that mistake after only 2 years. But then he got his dream coach and couldn't win a playoff game. He brought back Gun after 2 years to, in my mind, try to right his "wrong" and that was a mistake, because Gunther in no way fit this franchise anymore, and still doesn't IMO. Then he reached back to the past and brought back Herm in an effort to get back to the Martyball days, while ironically witnessing the death of Martyball the other night from it's originator. Carl has just become, well, stale.