PDA

View Full Version : Best player on defense?

CupidStunt
12-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Consensus had been, and perhaps may still be, Allen.

Much as I like the cat, I'm not so sure it isn't Derrick Johnson.

Definitely between the two, for sure. Who'd you give the edge to?

Redrum_69
12-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Your mom is like a tire...she's big enough to support "eighteen," you gotta check her "pressure" daily, if her balance is off a hair then weights can be added to her, "flats" can happen without proper attention, after a few hundred times riding her the "tread" gets bald, and someday she'll have a "blowout" when you're riding her and you'll have to "jack" her off in front of everyone on the freeway.

jidar
12-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Your mom is like a tire...she's big enough to support "eighteen," you gotta check her "pressure" daily, if her balance is off a hair then weights can be added to her, "flats" can happen without proper attention, after a few hundred times riding her the "tread" gets bald, and someday she'll have a "blowout" when you're riding her and you'll have to "jack" her off in front of everyone on the freeway.

You know, these are too long. I think most of them could easily lose 3/4s of the analogies.

jidar
12-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Our defense is much better with DJ in there, same for Allen.
I'm not going to try to call which one is better, I'll just say they're both good. Take either one out and our D sees a significant drop off.

InChiefsHell
12-19-2006, 09:30 AM
I like Tamba, Allen and DJ. The rest are just OK or friggin horrible.

Redrum_69
12-19-2006, 09:35 AM
You know, these are too long. I think most of them could easily lose 3/4s of the analogies.

YOur mom LOVES it long...wait a second...look closer at your quote...I think you have some hidden issues or something...maybe mommy didnt pay enough attention to you...

"You are too long. I could easily lose 3/4s of the anal."

Woodrow Call
12-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Top 4 IMO

1. DJ
2. Allen
3. Tamba
4. Kawika

No one else seems to stand out on a consistent basis.

StcChief
12-19-2006, 09:37 AM
1-2 DJ/Allen

3-4 Law/Surtain (not getting torched)

5-6 Hali//Reed

7-8 Mitchell/Page (or Knight)

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Based on results:

1. Allen
2. Hali
3. DJ
4. Kawika

Nobody else deserves mention.

CupidStunt
12-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Dang, you guys think more of Mitchell (and Reed, Law, Surtain for that matter) than I do.

I realize that the D isn't spectacular but if he's its fourth-best player we're in deep, deep, DEEP trouble.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Dang, you guys think more of Mitchell (and Reed, Law, Surtain for that matter) than I do.

I realize that the D isn't spectacular but if he's its fourth-best player we're in deep, deep, DEEP trouble.

I prefaced my post by saying that I'm only considering RESULTS. I'm not talking about talent, potential, or athleticism. I'm talking about the guys that have been making plays.

Chief Chief
12-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Defense: Johnson

Offense: Johnson

Special Teams: Pollard

Woodrow Call
12-19-2006, 10:00 AM

The kid's a playmaker. I don't care if its at OLB or S he needs to start on D next year.

CupidStunt
12-19-2006, 10:01 AM
I vote to get young.

Allen, Hali, first-round DT, Fox, Mitchell (ugh... maybe we get lucky with a DeMeco Ryans-type), DJ, Pollard, Page and I guess those crusty old corners for another year.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 10:04 AM
The kid's a playmaker. I don't care if its at OLB or S he needs to start on D next year.

Yep.

PastorMikH
12-19-2006, 10:14 AM
DJ
Allen
Hali

Mitchel would make my list if he'd get a bit more attitude.

I was watching the tape again this morning of Sunday's game. When LT ran that 85 yarder, Hali was in the mix at the endzone with DJ and Wesley. The guy isn't that fast but he sure has the desire. Several other guys that should be faster than him (and closer to the play) that weren't there.

jspchief
12-19-2006, 10:17 AM
To me it's easily DJ. Our defense suffered when he was out. Allen gets honorable mention. No one else even enters the conversation. After those two it's just role players.

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2006, 10:21 AM
To me it's easily DJ. Our defense suffered when he was out. Allen gets honorable mention. No one else even enters the conversation. After those two it's just role players.

I understand where you're coming from, JSP, but I think Hali deserves a little better than "role player" considering the alternative.....

jspchief
12-19-2006, 10:25 AM
I understand where you're coming from, JSP, but I think Hali deserves a little better than "role player" considering the alternative.....Yea, you're right. Hali is beginning to look like he can be every bit as effective as Allen. He does deserve mention. Although much like Allen's rookie year I'll be skeptical until I see a repeat performance.

JBucc
12-19-2006, 10:25 AM
DJ/Allen
Hali
Everyone else although I think Pollard and Page could move up to Hali's category if they actually got playing time.

We've seen how our D suffers without DJ and I guess next year we'll get to see it without Allen for the first few games.

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Yea, you're right. Hali is beginning to look like he can be every bit as effective as Allen. He does deserve mention. Although much like Allen's rookie year I'll be skeptical until I see a repeat performance.

Fair enough. If CP can get these two some help from the middle, I really think the sky is the limit.....

kc rush
12-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Defense: Johnson

Offense: Johnson

D - Agree
O - Agree
ST - Pollard is a hitter, but I would say Colquit

Warrior5
12-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Chiefs have a lot of talented youth on D. Law, Surtain, Hicks, Knight, and Reed are the oldest D players.

Hali has replaced Hicks (who should be gone).

Pollard and Page are waiting in the wings at S.

We're stuck with Law, so I hope Maxey develops quickly.

Reed is serviceable, but we still need a monster DT.

As far as the O, well...we've got issues.

The pendulum has swung again.

Chief Chief
12-19-2006, 11:17 AM
D - Agree
O - Agree
ST - Pollard is a hitter, but I would say Colquit

I, too, would say Colquitt...when he learns to control panic and pandemonium by knowing in advance what to do when things go wrong, and throw a pass using only one arm...

Pollard gets past his blocker(s), plastering punt returners before they get started and getting pressure on the punters.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Yea, you're right. Hali is beginning to look like he can be every bit as effective as Allen. He does deserve mention. Although much like Allen's rookie year I'll be skeptical until I see a repeat performance.

Allen is good at getting to the QB. But Hali is good at forcing the QB to make mistakes. Did you see his sack on Rivers, where is right arm was at the point of impact? The guy is always going for the ball, it reminds me of DT.

cdcox
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
DJ/Allen - very difficult to say which one is more improtant.

Hali.

I think Law and Surtain come next. If Law would keep his feet he would be above Hali. I think scheme and poor safety play make these guys look a lot worse than they are. Plus, being on an island magnifies every mistake and the fans notice that. The scheme too often calls for them to pass off the deep reciver to the safety in the deep zone and our two best pass defenders end up guarding air. They are both good tacklers and play the run tough. Their biggest liability is age: they aren't as fast as they used to be and more importantly, they aren't players that you can build on.