PDA

View Full Version : Can we just legalize it already? jeez....

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 03:49 PM
High times for farmers as cannabis is named America's biggest cash crop

By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
Published: 19 December 2006

Marijuana is the most valuable cash crop in the United States, worth more to its growers than corn and wheat combined, according to a new report by a leading American drug reform lobbyist that cites the US government's own figures.

Decades of government efforts to crack down on both the cultivation and consumption of pot have had a counter-productive effect, since even the most conservative government estimates suggest domestic marijuana production has increased tenfold in the past 25 years. It is the leading cash crop in 12 states, and one of the top five crops in 39 states.

The report's author, Jon Gettman, says it is "larger than cotton in Alabama, larger than grapes, vegetables and hay in California, larger than peanuts in Georgia, and larger than tobacco in South and North Carolina".

California accounts for almost a third of all US production. It is a major economic force in the state, especially in the redwood forests in the north, where the smell of weed wafts unmistakably down the streets of several towns.

Marijuana remains popular with the baby boomer generation, which first experimented with it in the 1950s and 1960s. And its use is booming among teenagers and young adults, especially as alcohol cannot be sold to under 21s. US Marijuana cultivation is worth more than $35bn (18bn) per year. And that is a conservative estimate, based on government price surveys, Mr Gettman says. Corn, the largest legitimate crop, is worth just over $23bn and soybeans around $17bn. "Despite years of effort by law enforcement, they're not getting rid of it," Mr Gettman told the Los Angeles Times ahead of his report's publication yesterday in The Bulletin of Cannabis Reform. "Not only is the problem worse in terms of magnitude of cultivation, but production has spread all around the country. To say the genie is out of the bottle is a profound understatement."

Figures issued by the State Department and other government agencies show marijuana production increased from an estimated 2.2 million pounds in 1981 to at least 22 million pounds. Some estimates put the current crop as high as 50 million pounds.

Since the presidency of George Bush Snr in the late 1980s, official policy has been one of zero tolerance of all illegal narcotics. Recently, the federal government has been unforgiving of the medical marijuana movement, and federal agents have raided numerous marijuana farms that were fully licensed under state law.

It has not cut down use of the drug. Mr Gettman and other activists argue that it might be time to legalise the entire industry and subject it to proper regulatory control and taxation.

"The fact that marijuana is America's number-one cash crop after more than three decades of governmental eradication efforts is the clearest illustration that our present marijuana laws are a complete failure," said Rob Kampia, executive director of Washington's Marijuana Policy Project.

Marijuana is the most valuable cash crop in the United States, worth more to its growers than corn and wheat combined, according to a new report by a leading American drug reform lobbyist that cites the US government's own figures.

Decades of government efforts to crack down on both the cultivation and consumption of pot have had a counter-productive effect, since even the most conservative government estimates suggest domestic marijuana production has increased tenfold in the past 25 years. It is the leading cash crop in 12 states, and one of the top five crops in 39 states.

The report's author, Jon Gettman, says it is "larger than cotton in Alabama, larger than grapes, vegetables and hay in California, larger than peanuts in Georgia, and larger than tobacco in South and North Carolina".

California accounts for almost a third of all US production. It is a major economic force in the state, especially in the redwood forests in the north, where the smell of weed wafts unmistakably down the streets of several towns.

Marijuana remains popular with the baby boomer generation, which first experimented with it in the 1950s and 1960s. And its use is booming among teenagers and young adults, especially as alcohol cannot be sold to under 21s. US Marijuana cultivation is worth more than $35bn (18bn) per year. And that is a conservative estimate, based on government price surveys, Mr Gettman says. Corn, the largest legitimate crop, is worth just over $23bn and soybeans around $17bn. "Despite years of effort by law enforcement, they're not getting rid of it," Mr Gettman told the Los Angeles Times ahead of his report's publication yesterday in The Bulletin of Cannabis Reform. "Not only is the problem worse in terms of magnitude of cultivation, but production has spread all around the country. To say the genie is out of the bottle is a profound understatement.".....cont.

here here (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article2086668.ece)

Thig Lyfe
12-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Sure.

It's the economy, stupid!

Mecca
Smoking weed is such a nothing offense.....makes no sense to me how drinking is legal yet weed isn't.

Woodrow Call
Hell yes.

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Those evile pot smokers. Put them up against the wall.

Rain Man
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I want my bike back.

Thig Lyfe
12-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Smoking weed is such a nothing offense.....makes no sense to me how drinking is legal yet weed isn't.

It's a slippery slope that leads to goat-f*cking.

Wait, that's gay marriage.

Gaah, I'm so confused!

banyon
12-19-2006, 03:55 PM
It's just a matter of time before the older generation that was sold the bill of goods on this with "Reefer Madness" et al. dies off enough so that the sensible thing is done and it is legalized.

Big Tobacco and Liquor probably wouldn't fight it like they did in the 1910's and 30's when they saw it as a competitor, because of cross-corporate links, they probably all want a piece of the action if it can be had.

Baby Lee
12-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I want my bike back.
Isn't 50 a little old for a bike?

Rain Man
12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
It's a slippery slope that leads to goat-f*cking.

Wait, that's gay marriage.

Gaah, I'm so confused!

This leads to goat smoking.

Baby Lee
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
This leads to goat smoking.
Mmm, Gyros.

Buck
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Am I the only one to notice that this was the same story pasted twice? Im sure the rest of you are high enough to not notice.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Am I the only one to notice that this was the same story pasted twice? Im sure the rest of you are high enough to not notice.

Shutup.....did you bring the pizza?

Skip Towne
12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Iowanian ain't gonna like this.

ROYC75
12-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Man, I have some wild weed growing in my back yard.........right down by the creek.

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Iowanian ain't gonna like this.LMAO

Mecca
12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Man, I have some wild weed growing in my back yard.........right down by the creek.

Do you smoke it.....

BIG_DADDY
12-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Friggen Feds are wacked. They just raided the Hayward Cannabis club here. Last big raid was in Oakland, who knows how much it ran doing that. They walked with a $1 fine when all was said and done. It's like hello there are cannabis clubs everywhere. Clones trade freely on Craigslist as well as weed to those that hold medical cards. In the meantime the Feds spend millions going after some clown selling seeds out of Canada trying to give him a life sentence. It's a friggen joke.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Friggen Feds are wacked. They just raided the Hayward Cannabis club here. Last big raid was in Oakland, who knows how much it ran doing that. They walked with a $1 fine when all was said and done. It's like hello there are cannabis clubs everywhere. Clones trade freely on Craigslist as well as weed to those that hold medical cards. In the meantime the Feds spend millions going after some clown selling seeds out of Canada trying to give him a life sentence. It's a friggen joke.

You know the war on drugs is the biggest waste of money of all time....

ROYC75
12-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Do you smoke it.....
:bong:

Skip Towne
12-19-2006, 04:30 PM
The stupidity of the gubment never ceases to amaze me. Prohibition only lasted 13 years.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 04:30 PM
My Dad just got back from Amsterdam. Weed, Hash and shrooms are legal there. So is Prostitution. It is all taxed at 30%. Their country has free medical to everyone unlike the US were most have no insurance.

Crime is low and the coffee shops are booming.

Somewhere down the line, the Gov will pull their heads out of their asses and realize its time to get with the program.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 04:31 PM
My Dad just got back from Amsterdam. Weed, Hash and shrooms are legal there. So is Prostitution. It is all taxed at 30%. Their country has free medical to everyone unlike the US were most have no insurance.

Somewhere down the line, the Gov will pull their heads out of their asses and realize its time to get with the program.

Our country is run by religious conservatives and was founded by puritans so I doubt it.......

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Our country is run by religious conservatives and was founded by puritans so I doubt it.......

I agree but...

How many die from alcohol or tobacco related deaths every year?

And how many from weed?

I was in Vancouver last year where after a huge fight it is decriminalized. You can't sell it in the coffee shops-but you can bring your own in and hang out. The have little smoking rooms. It was a very cool place.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 04:39 PM
BTW NYC Deisel, Jack Herer, and Northern Lights will be available in 4-6 weeks. lol

CosmicPal
12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
The stupidity of the gubment never ceases to amaze me. Prohibition only lasted 13 years.

I'm glad I wasn't alive during those 13 years. Must've been hell.

Jenson71
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm glad I wasn't alive during those 13 years. Must've been hell.

HELLO!? It wasn't.

http://arbizu.org/~valerie/Teachers/Gatsby/Photos_files/image005.gif

;)

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 05:12 PM
We need a Presidential canidate that has the balls to tell all the Bible thumpers to F-off and do what is right for the country.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Freedom of Smoke-the New Amendment.

Jenson71
12-19-2006, 05:14 PM
We need a Presidential canidate that has the balls to tell all the Bible thumpers to F-off and do what is right for the country.

He'd be shot.

The Biblical Industrial Complex.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 05:16 PM
George Clooney will legalize it-lol

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 05:20 PM
I'll start this post out by saying I'm not a pothead--my parents both did weed up until I was twenty, dad was an alcoholic until 19 (I'm almost 24 now)... a functional alcoholic (always had a steady job), but an alkie nonetheless... I neither smoke weed, drink alcohol, smoke cigs (grandpa died of lung cancer)--so I'm as far from my parents as I can get in that realm...

the fact that pot isn't legal is an absolute joke... there was a show on the history channel detailing the past of 'drug' legislation, and marijuana was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time... as someone said before, 'reefer madness' was simply a propaganda piece put together by the first head of the DEA (I think it was the drug enforcement agency) who needed a major drug to put his people behind to get people in his corner...

As a matter of fact, the mayor of New York, LaGuardia (spelling?) during the time when pot was made illegal borrowed some weed from the head of the DEA to perform testing on it--through scientific studies readily available to this day (obviously by LaGuardia's hired studies), it disproved everything the DEA said about pot...

do I think pot is evil? No, it's not evil--like anything else in life, if you go beyond moderation and let yourself get in over your head, it has the potential of f*cking up your life/etc... which is why I choose not to smoke cigs/tobacco, and only drink in moderation when I DO drink...

if taxed, marijuana would be a PROFIT to the government rather a gigantic money pit...

and before I stop typing, I know at least one of you guys will come on and say 'but.. but... it's a gateway drug'...

it might very well be... but you could use the profits off of the marijuana taxes to go after the secondary drugs... and I have the feeling that if marijuana was legal, we wouldn't have a lot of the problems with the heavier drugs that we do now--because people wouldn't have to go very far to get a decent buzz

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
actually a report just came out disproving the "gateway" myth...

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
actually a report just came out disproving the "gateway" myth...

cool... link?

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
I want my bike back.

ROFL

awesome...if I remember right, your bike was "borrowed" by a drug addict?

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 05:34 PM
cool... link?

here 'tis (http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/study-say-marijuana-no-gateway-drug-12116.html)

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll start this post out by saying I'm not a pothead--my parents both did weed up until I was twenty, dad was an alcoholic until 19 (I'm almost 24 now)... a functional alcoholic (always had a steady job), but an alkie nonetheless... I neither smoke weed, drink alcohol, smoke cigs (grandpa died of lung cancer)--so I'm as far from my parents as I can get in that realm...

the fact that pot isn't legal is an absolute joke... there was a show on the history channel detailing the past of 'drug' legislation, and marijuana was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time... as someone said before, 'reefer madness' was simply a propaganda piece put together by the first head of the DEA (I think it was the drug enforcement agency) who needed a major drug to put his people behind to get people in his corner...

As a matter of fact, the mayor of New York, LaGuardia (spelling?) during the time when pot was made illegal borrowed some weed from the head of the DEA to perform testing on it--through scientific studies readily available to this day (obviously by LaGuardia's hired studies), it disproved everything the DEA said about pot...

do I think pot is evil? No, it's not evil--like anything else in life, if you go beyond moderation and let yourself get in over your head, it has the potential of f*cking up your life/etc... which is why I choose not to smoke cigs/tobacco, and only drink in moderation when I DO drink...

if taxed, marijuana would be a PROFIT to the government rather a gigantic money pit...

and before I stop typing, I know at least one of you guys will come on and say 'but.. but... it's a gateway drug'...

it might very well be... but you could use the profits off of the marijuana taxes to go after the secondary drugs... and I have the feeling that if marijuana was legal, we wouldn't have a lot of the problems with the heavier drugs that we do now--because people wouldn't have to go very far to get a decent buzz

This is an excellent post-seems the booze and cigs did more damage to your family than the pot. I am impressed that you were able to rise above all that.

mlyonsd
12-19-2006, 06:07 PM
First, I think it should be legalized with restrictions.

But I'd like to point out if the baby boomer generation can't make it legal it never will be legal.

We smoked more than Tara Conner in a bikini.

ENDelt260
12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
http://www.myspace.com/stanhope08

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 06:14 PM
First, I think it should be legalized with restrictions.

But I'd like to point out if the baby boomer generation can't make it legal it never will be legal.

We smoked more than Tara Conner in a bikini.

yeah, but you guys are more lax with your kids...and those kids grow up with more relaxed attitudes on pot, and more try it...exposure breeds tolerance...then legal...

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 06:15 PM
doug stanhope is freakin' hillarious

but my vote goes to this guy...

http://www.walken2008.com/

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 06:17 PM
What about Obama-is for legalization?

ENDelt260
12-19-2006, 06:18 PM
What about Obama-is for legalization?
You're high right now, aren't you?

mlyonsd
12-19-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah, but you guys are more lax with your kids...and those kids grow up with more relaxed attitudes on pot, and more try it...exposure breeds tolerance...then legal...

Always with the you guys...:p

My kids never saw me smoke. I suppose they might have heard me say it is a personal choice like drinking or smoking though, which tends to prove your theory.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 06:20 PM
If only Clinton would have actually inhaled-things might have been different-lol

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Always with the you guys...:p

My kids never saw me smoke. I suppose they might have heard me say it is a personal choice like drinking or smoking though, which tends to prove your theory.

right, I just mean you don't preach about the evils of weed, or freak out if the subject comes up....you don't stigmatize it...

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 06:28 PM
by the way, think about how much weed is grown in Mexico....holy mother

and the profits from all of that go to criminals, crime lords...now, if it were legal that money would go to small business owners and the government...

it just makes too much sense...and works perfectly with alcohol

Buck
12-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Not that its not already psychologically addictive, but if it is legalized, then big name companies will put additives into it that make it physically addictive (like nicotine). I don't think thats a very good idea. Decriminalization is the way to go.

ENDelt260
12-19-2006, 06:29 PM
You don't have to add nicotine to tobacco.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Not that its not already psychologically addictive, but if it is legalized, then big name companies will put additives into it that make it physically addictive (like nicotine). I don't think thats a very good idea. Decriminalization is the way to go.

Big companies would not stand a chance against the Mom and Pop growers that are already geared up. In Amsterdam-its all done in private greenhouses and shipped UPS to the cofee houses daily.

Skip Towne
12-19-2006, 06:36 PM
What a moronic post. Does being stupid hurt?

Buck
12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
I never said anyone added nicotene to tobacco...Im saying that it would be very possible that they add something addictive to it to get their customers to keep coming back.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I never said anyone added nicotene to tobacco...Im saying that it would be very possible that they add something addictive to it to get their customers to keep coming back.

ROFL Like if Prostitution was legal- a hooker would add a thumb up your ass to keep you coming back.

Dartgod
12-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I never said anyone added nicotene to tobacco...Im saying that it would be very possible that they add something addictive to it to get their customers to keep coming back.Right, 'cause that whole being stoned to the bejeezus belt thing would make me want to never smoke again.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Right, 'cause that whole being stoned to the bejeezus belt thing would make me want to never smoke again.

ROFL its that darn nicotine that would get ya.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Smoking NYC Diesel is like having an orgasm except not as messy-from what I hear.

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 07:35 PM
raise your hand if you are high

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 07:42 PM
raise your hand if you are high

Sorry but that is against the law-I don't want to go to jail like Tommy Chong. :bong:

CHIEF4EVER
12-19-2006, 07:54 PM

I happen to be a "bible-thumper" and I don't care one way or another if someone smokes weed. Just don't drive a car stoned around me is all I ask. Not bashing you but your post was VERY misinformed.

MadMax
12-19-2006, 07:58 PM
What a moronic post. Does being stupid hurt?

LMAO :clap:

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 08:47 PM
I happen to be a "bible-thumper" and I don't care one way or another if someone smokes weed. Just don't drive a car stoned around me is all I ask. Not bashing you but your post was VERY misinformed.

eh, to call all bible thumpers teetotalers is being stereotypical... however, all stereotypes have a basis in some form in the real world

so, in theory, it wasn't THAT misinformed--just because you don't follow the traditional model of 'bible thumper' doesn't mean that most bible thumpers wouldn't have an issue with the issue at hand

Mecca
12-19-2006, 08:58 PM

Driving stoned is better than driving drunk there's always that.

noa
12-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I smoked weed one time and shot my best friend, ran over a little girl, let two kids drown in a swimming pool, and forgot to file my taxes.

boogblaster
12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Lite em if you got em ...Weed kills brain cells..cant hardly type anymore ....

BWillie
12-19-2006, 09:18 PM
No way, Weed funds terrorism. So does buying gas. And listening to rap music. If you smoke weed, terrorists win. Can't believe you didn't know that

MadMax
12-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Lite em if you got em ...Weed kills brain cells..cant hardly type anymore ....

Carefull, you'll end up in a van down by the river.... :p

Mecca
12-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I smoked weed one time and shot my best friend, ran over a little girl, let two kids drown in a swimming pool, and forgot to file my taxes.

Those commercials are so funny....shouldn't the one where the kid got ran over be about bad parenting? Why is a 5 year old riding a bike on a busy street with no parents around?

noa
12-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Those commercials are so funny....shouldn't the one where the kid got ran over be about bad parenting? Why is a 5 year old riding a bike on a busy street with no parents around?

And why does a kid have access to his father's gun? I think they've actually wised up about those commercials because they were not effective at all. I like the new commercials that show a kid who smokes and just sits around doing nothing. That's much more realistic, even though I know its still a generalization about pot smokers.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 09:28 PM
There are alot of people that don't get high that sit around and do nothing........

noa
12-19-2006, 09:29 PM
There are alot of people that don't get high that sit around and do nothing........

Yep, and a lot of people who smoke and do very creative things. Still, I'd rather see them putting out those commercials than blatant lies.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Yep, and a lot of people who smoke and do very creative things. Still, I'd rather see them putting out those commercials than blatant lies.

I say we all just smoke some weed, have some subway and relax.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 11:09 PM

Bush would not have been elected without the Christian vote-which in general frowns upon drugs of any kind. There is a small majority of said group, that thinks it is their divine right to tell the rest of the country what is right from wrong. As far as driving a car-no studies have proven that it impairs you in any way. If anything they will probably drive too slow. Not one traffic death has ever been blamed on weed alone.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 11:18 PM
eh, to call all bible thumpers teetotalers is being stereotypical... however, all stereotypes have a basis in some form in the real world

so, in theory, it wasn't THAT misinformed--just because you don't follow the traditional model of 'bible thumper' doesn't mean that most bible thumpers wouldn't have an issue with the issue at hand

I did not mean to paint all Christians with the same brush- I always thought "Bible Thumper" was a term used for folks that judge everyone as if the have never done wrong. They use the faith to condem people for their weaknesses, not to enlighten them to salvation.

BTW the Gov does use a Moral code when dealing with pot-that somehow it is worse than cigs, prescription drugs, booze, porn, guns..ect. Why let a person smoke a J when a doctor can prescribe $500 worth of medication to help that cancer patient regain their appetite. :banghead:

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I did not mean to paint all Christians with the same brush- I always thought "Bible Thumper" was a term used for folks that judge everyone as if the have never done wrong. They use the faith to condem people for their weaknesses, not to enlighten them to salvation.

BTW the Gov does use a Moral code when dealing with pot-that somehow it is worse than cigs, prescription drugs, booze, porn, guns..ect. Why let a person smoke a J when a doctor can prescribe $500 worth of medication to help that cancer patient regain their appetite. :banghead:

oh, I'm on your side in this argument (please don't mention rush, it'll just f*ck your chi up :p)... the term 'bible thumper' can be interpreted in many ways--I've always treated it as someone who has a narrow mind and refuses to listen to logic and reason even when their best arguments are being torn down, keeping blind faith

as chris rock's character in dogma said, the whole system got f*cked up when people turned 'a good idea' into a belief structure... people don't go to bat for ideas, they don't kill for ideas... belief structures are what kill millions of jews and 'undesireables' because they don't agree with you

basically, a bible thumper can be the person who uses the bible to say what they want it to say (you really can prove/disprove ANYTHING you want if you interpret/misinterpret the right passage of the bible)... basically, a judgemental prick

however, I've been known as a judgemental prick on the other side of things--so I'll kindly step away from the keyboard and go play video games as opposed to enforcing my opinion :)

Saggysack
12-20-2006, 12:30 AM

Weed isn't legal in the Netherlands, it's still very much illegal. It is however tolerated and sold in small quantities. The Politie do not see a reason to go after Barry Bogart puffing away on a small stash. Grow it or sell in large quantities and you will go to jail.

Legalization really isn't possible in this country for atleast another quarter century. Toleration is the key. The PD must focus their efforts on real crimes that have a victim, rather than victimless crime such as marijuana. We live in times where the smell of pot smoke will attract a whole substation of police and a burglary isn't priority enough to send a officer to make a report.

Halfcan
12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Weed isn't legal in the Netherlands, it's still very much illegal. It is however tolerated and sold in small quantities. The Politie do not see a reason to go after Barry Bogart puffing away on a small stash. Grow it or sell in large quantities and you will go to jail.

Legalization really isn't possible in this country for atleast another quarter century. Toleration is the key. The PD must focus their efforts on real crimes that have a victim, rather than victimless crime such as marijuana. We live in times where the smell of pot smoke will attract a whole substation of police and a burglary isn't priority enough to send a officer to make a report.

Decriminalized everywhere but the coffee houses were it is legal. It is also legal to grow if you have a Gov stamp. Actually if the Medicinal law gets passed that would be a great first step. California is going to take the issue to the Supreme court and do what they want. There are just too many uses for it to be illegal.

In Vancouver it took a lawyer lighting up in court and being arrested repeatedly to get it decriminalized-so far nobody in this country wants the wrath of the media to step up for what is right.

MYKCCHIEFS
12-20-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't give rat's ass bout what da guberment dinks smoking weeeeeeeeeeed dus to mah brain. It ain't fected me yet. ROFL Where'd I put dem damn doritos, brb.

Saggysack
12-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Decriminalized everywhere but the coffee houses were it is legal. It is also legal to grow if you have a Gov stamp. Actually if the Medicinal law gets passed that would be a great first step. California is going to take the issue to the Supreme court and do what they want. There are just too many uses for it to be illegal.

In Vancouver it took a lawyer lighting up in court and being arrested repeatedly to get it decriminalized-so far nobody in this country wants the wrath of the media to step up for what is right.

It is not even decriminalized in the Netherlands. They still have laws against marijuana possession, sale and distribution. Like I said earlier, it is tolerated for the personal user. It is neither legal, nor decriminalized. You have a common misconception of Netherlands soft drug policy. A 'coffeeshop'(owners prefer cannabis cafe) has a license to sell, which allows them to skirt the laws. They do pay taxes. A person can grow up to a certain amount of plants(I think the number is 5) without any license or tax stamp, without any repercussions.

elvomito
12-20-2006, 02:04 AM
tobacco and alcohol are the gateway drugs
carrie nation gave rise to organized crime (damn you belton, mo)
cannabis will never be legal on the FED level. prices would come down. demand would lessen. economy would suffer. dea agents layed-off. jails not so crowded. nope, not gonna happen.
link to some nice pics (http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29467)

luv
12-20-2006, 02:05 AM
I heard it was legal in Eureka Springs, AR.

Nzoner
12-20-2006, 02:20 AM

In my line of work(advertising sales)I have met some VERY successful people who smoke weed.

philfree
12-20-2006, 02:38 AM
The fact is people have practiced substance usage since the beginning of recorded history. It ain't never gonna go away so why we keep abusing our fellow man is short sided and beyond me. I think there is a pretty good case that substance usage is part of human nature.

PhilFree:arrow:

kcfanXIII
12-20-2006, 02:44 AM

i had a cop tell me my dealer would add meth to my weed, to get me addicted.

and your post is proof there are more dumbshits like officer evans from lee's summit.

KCChiefsMan
12-20-2006, 03:04 AM

boogblaster
12-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Im thinking Ill have some with me coffee..

MYKCCHIEFS
12-20-2006, 12:34 PM
....Ok, I'm back. where was I?

Rain Man
12-20-2006, 12:49 PM

So did your dad enjoy the prostitutes?

Rain Man
12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
You know the war on drugs is the biggest waste of money of all time....

I didn't realize that you became a Chiefs fan after the Lew Bush era.

Halfcan
12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
So did your dad enjoy the prostitutes?

He went with two other single dudes. They said for 75 Euros you can screw a Rusian Supermodel in the azz. So I would say yes.

QuikSsurfer
12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
BTW NYC Deisel, Jack Herer, and Northern Lights will be available in 4-6 weeks. lol
mmmmm sour diesel :) one of my favorites.. this bud is all over Atlanta.
northern lights has the rep for "the best high".. i haven't had the opportunity to smoke it, yet.
anyone smoked any of Cali's signature bud - Orange Kush?? AMAZING!!

Saggysack
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
He went with two other single dudes. They said for 75 Euros you can screw a Rusian Supermodel in the azz. So I would say yes.

If it was a supermodel, she wasn't selling her stank for just 75. That would be the cheapest supermodel in the world. Usually though, the going rate is 50 Euros for 15mins. Time starts when you hand over the money. Mostly european college girls and Philipino and African immigrants. Don't ask how I know this.