PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Phobia out GoChiefs in at WPI

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Out of curiosity is covering the Chiefs drafts that closely or calling the pick a great idea? I mean generally they're really bad picks.......I bet if you let a smart fan draft 10 drafts and let the Chiefs draft 10 drafts the fan would do beter.
I think a GM who listens to the fans this year would be watching with the fans next year.

Lets go get High Dougless.

Mecca
Is anybody?

I am trying to find ways that these criticisms can't apply to 99% of the people that cover football and I am coming up short.

Eh well other than guys who worked as scouts probably not, hell half of it is knowing how guys rate players. Like I know Kiper will jump guys up his board because their agents pay him to do it to see if it will increase their draft position.

Count Zarth
I like Mighty Mike but he has no real credentials or experience evaluating and rating college players or NFL players.

I think you're wrong. He breaks down these players and evaluates them at a level that goes way beyond the average fan. He's certainly got more experience than most people I run into. Yeah, maybe he doesn't have the credentials of an NFL scout, but he does a great job. He knows his shit.

Halfcan
12-20-2006, 12:10 AM
The NFL is the most premiere entertainment product in the world.

The have all the cards...people will crack.

That is what Major League Baseball thought. Oh and the NHL.

|Zach|
Spam = selling something from another website. Do you want to argue about this? You know spam is against the rules here atleast I would hope you know it's against the rules seeing as you're a mod and all. I don't mind posting of articles unless it deals with selling some BS magazine for a crappy Chiefs site. It's the only thing I have a problem with. Have you seen me complain about anything else?
Dude, who the **** is selling you anything? Did you even click the link.

It is an article about the Chiefs.

Mecca
I think a GM who listens to the fans this year would be watching with the fans next year.

Lets go get High Dougless.

For the record I was never on the Douglas bandwagon.....I said smart fan, not random fan.

dirk digler
Is anybody?

I am trying to find ways that these criticisms can't apply to 99% of the people that cover football and I am coming up short.

Because I highly doubt Mike actually talks to the players, the coaches, or anyone associated with the colleges. He is basically watching tape and that is it. Alot of the people that cover the draft and college football have access to all of those people.

Count Zarth
Exactly, WPI does not have a unique product.

Have you listened to our podcast?

Warpaint is being taken seriously by other media outlets, the Star included. They recently started updating their website before midnight on some days. That's because we've been doing it for months.

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:11 AM
That is what Major League Baseball thought. Oh and the NHL.
Are you trying to tell me the MLB has the power of the NFL? Don't even get me started on hockey. That is a regional niche.

Ebolapox
12-20-2006, 12:11 AM
I think you're wrong. He breaks down these players and evaluates them at a level that goes way beyond the average fan. He's certainly got more experience than most people I run into. Yeah, maybe he doesn't have the credentials of an NFL scout, but he does a great job. He knows his shit.

so did Hawaiianboy... but he didn't charge for premium content either

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:12 AM
For the record I was never on the Douglas bandwagon.....I said smart fan, not random fan.
I don't think everything a GM or the fonrt office does is right.

But...I would take them over the CP brain trust. For the most part.

Mecca
Because I highly doubt Mike actually talks to the players, the coaches, or anyone associated with the colleges. He is basically watching tape and that is it. Alot of the people that cover the draft and college football have access to all of those people.

You mean like how Mel Kiper actually speaks with players and GM's and basically has connections to everyone?

Count Zarth
so did Hawaiianboy... but he didn't charge for premium content either

His level of coverage paled in comparison. And as I've said, the premium crap is a necessary evil. You want to rip on someone for that, rip on Scout.

Fruit Ninja
I think you're wrong. He breaks down these players and evaluates them at a level that goes way beyond the average fan. He's certainly got more experience than most people I run into. Yeah, maybe he doesn't have the credentials of an NFL scout, but he does a great job. He knows his shit. Yes, he does.When he was with the Coalition he woudl break down every game win or loss. I used to look foward to his shit. Now at warpaint you gotta pay for it. NO thx on that.
I do enjoy his Podcasts though.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Dude, who the **** is selling you anything? Did you even click the link.

It is an article about the Chiefs.
I'm not talking about that link genius. Did you even read my post? Pay attention dip shit!.

Mecca
I don't think everything a GM or the fonrt office does is right.

But...I would take them over the CP brain trust. For the most part.

I still think I could outdraft Peterson LOL....my track record on calling players is pretty good, better than his anyway. Of course we wouldn't have Larry Johnson if I was drafting.....

Halfcan
The average fan isn't a message board type like we all are.

I guess I meant the fans that actually watch Athan's smug ass on TV, that also are savvy enough to want to know what is going on with their team besides a 2 minute segment on the news.

Funny I have never heard anyone liking the guy.

|Zach|
When did the NHL ever think it was the premiere entertainment product in the world. They can barely get a TV deal. Do they have a ****ing TV deal anymore?

Count Zarth
12-20-2006, 12:14 AM
It should be-because that is their biggest problem. .

Well, I wouldn't be very good at it. I can't even repair my own self-image around here. They seem to respect me over at Warpaint though. :)

Count Zarth
12-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Spam = selling something from another website.?

I guess I'm off the hook. I'm not trying to sell you anything. I only post free articles.

SPchief
When did the NHL ever think it was the premiere entertainment product in the world. They can barely get a TV deal. Do they have a ****ing TV deal anymore?

They're on OLN which has since changed to VERSUS

dirk digler

I like Mike don't get me wrong but I just don't think he should be rating players. I almost bet he gets most of his info from other people like Kiper or Ourlads

|Zach|
I guess I meant the fans that actually watch Athan's smug ass on TV, that also are savvy enough to want to know what is going on with their team besides a 2 minute segment on the news.

Funny I have never heard anyone liking the guy.
See, I think there are a shitload of Chiefs fans who just want to know what is going on with the Chiefs in 2 mins and then get along with their day.

I am not defending Athan here...just your charectarization of people and their interest in the Chiefs. We (message board types) are a minority...and a lil crazy IMO.

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Here's an eye opener. There was only one KC media source that accurately predicted who the Chiefs would pick in the first round last year.

Guess who?

Guess what most of us got the the Hali pick correct, and we don't have "scouting" creditials. Dude, that's weak

dirk digler
You mean like how Mel Kiper actually speaks with players and GM's and basically has connections to everyone?

Yep

Redcoats58
I guess I'm off the hook. I'm not trying to sell you anything. I only post free articles.
As I said I'm cool with the articles, its the constant infomercial this thread has turned into since you started posting in it.

Count Zarth
Because I highly doubt Mike actually talks to the players, the coaches, or anyone associated with the colleges.

You'd be wrong again. Mike sat down with Bill Kuharich last summer. Check it out:

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/554231.html

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/554876.html

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/555446.html

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm not talking about that link genius. Did you even read my post? Pay attention dip shit!.
I told you to check out the article and you started talking about spam.

The whole thing was brought up because most everything he posts about WPI is just like that...articles...just articles.

Unless you are having some dreams where GC is forcing memberships on you in some fantasy land.

Enjoy the Chiefs info...

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:17 AM

I was actually standing there and participating in the conversation with a coach from a Tarleton State conference rival as we were discussing Derrick Ross during rookie camp.

So, to be fair he has more access than the average fan. Does he have the access of a fulltime draft analyst? No.

Mike is worth the price of admission during draft season as far as I'm concerned. I would discourage you from paying it though. Some of the money could end up in Nick Athan's hands.

88TG88
12-20-2006, 12:18 AM
i hang out at WPI and you guys make it seem like everyone is there for the great content. most of the ppl ,me included, there don't pay for premium even if i did i sure as hell wouldn't give it to a Pro team whos news probably will show up on ESPN. i just go there because i can talk to chiefs fans. thats why im here. the only reason i dont stay here is because on scout i can jump around to different teams boards.personally i can see there arent gonna be major improvements on WPI but thats fine as long as i can talk chiefs football. well good luck with whatever phobia if u decide to stay here ill probably spend alot more time here to. btw nick did u wrong. u really did put alot of time in to WPI

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Guess what most of us got the the Hali pick correct
Most??

Most of the people here didn't even know who Hali is man.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 12:19 AM
You'd be wrong again. Mike sat down with Bill Kuharich last summer. Check it out:

I wasn't talking about anyone from the Chiefs I was talking about college coaches and players. Every media outlet talks with the Chiefs front office right before the draft.

Count Zarth
12-20-2006, 12:19 AM
As I said I'm cool with the articles, its the constant infomercial this thread has turned into since you started posting in it.

Hey, people are ripping Warpaint to shreds in this thread. It's in my nature to defend it, because we've definitely improved leaps and bounds in the last year. I want to see it succeed.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:20 AM
I told you to check out the article and you started talking about spam.

The whole thing was brought up because most everything he posts about WPI is just like that...articles...just articles.

Unless you are having some dreams where GC is forcing memberships on you in some fantasy land.

Enjoy the Chiefs info...
Hey dipshit, did I call on you? Did you somehow think I needed your help? I'm cool with GoChiefs, I was pointing out to him that he is riding a thin line to spam. If I need your help I'll call on you... ok? Thank you! Have a nice day.

Mecca
12-20-2006, 12:20 AM

Because he talked to Bill Kuharick doesn't mean he has connections......we're talking connections to every team and every college player so you have a feel for what's going on.

By talking to 1 guy Mike is basically looking at a Chiefs microcosm view and nothing else. He would have no idea if a team at a higher pick was looking at the player the Chiefs liked.

Ebolapox
12-20-2006, 12:21 AM
i hang out at WPI and you guys make it seem like everyone is there for the great content. most of the ppl ,me included, there don't pay for premium even if i did i sure as hell wouldn't give it to a Pro team whos news probably will show up on ESPN. i just go there because i can talk to chiefs fans. thats why im here. the only reason i dont stay here is because on scout i can jump around to different teams boards.personally i can see there arent gonna be major improvements on WPI but thats fine as long as i can talk chiefs football. well good luck with whatever phobia if u decide to stay here ill probably spend alot more time here to. btw nick did u wrong. u really did put alot of time in to WPI

need an editor much?

dirk digler
I was actually standing there and participating in the conversation with a coach from a Tarleton State conference rival as we were discussing Derrick Ross during rookie camp.

So, to be fair he has more access than the average fan. Does he have the access of a fulltime draft analyst? No.

Mike is worth the price of admission during draft season as far as I'm concerned. I would discourage you from paying it though. Some of the money could end up in Nick Athan's hands.

Thanks. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea I like Mike alot, I have talked to Mike up at training camp last year and he is a smart guy but I just have my doubts.

Halfcan
Are you trying to tell me the MLB has the power of the NFL? Don't even get me started on hockey. That is a regional niche.

Exactly, NHL and MLB do not have the fan base anymore because they have screwed it up. Not too long ago MLB was much bigger than football-before the strike that is.

To say NFl is limitless to the amount of cash they can extract out of its fans is flawed. When the Chiefs raise the tickets again next year- they will by default lose part of their fan base-that will just watch it on tv.

I was in the first Fantasy Football league in the area and in the last 25 years have watched it turn into a Billion dollar industry. How can you not think that this has fueled the Premium chanels and websites??

the Talking Can

and that is a WPI poster folks....

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Hey dipshit, did I call on you? Did you somehow think I needed your help? I'm cool with GoChiefs, I was pointing out to him that he is riding a thin line to spam. If I need your help I'll call on you... ok? Thank you! Have a nice day.
Sorry, I just can't sit by an watch someone be that much of an idiot. I am happy to move along.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Sorry, I just can't sit by an watch someone be that much of an idiot. I am happy to move along.
Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure there is some moron out there that loves you.

Fruit Ninja
12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
I went over to listen to the podcast thats supposed to be out, and its alink to the dec 11th one. lol

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Exactly, NHL and MLB do not have the fan base anymore because they have screwed it up. Not too long ago MLB was much bigger than football-before the strike that is.

To say NFl is limitless to the amount of cash they can extract out of its fans is flawed. When the Chiefs raise the tickets again next year- they will by default lose part of their fan base-that will just watch it on tv.

I was in the first Fantasy Football league in the area and in the last 25 years have watched it turn into a Billion dollar industry. How can you not think that this has fueled the Premium chanels and websites??
The NFL has a popularity that has never been seen by any of the sports you have mentioned. Part of it is the times. A sport has never before been able to profit in so many avenues. This is a media age and they have control of the media.

I really can't believe you even brought the NHL into the picture. That is laughable.

People love football...people love the NFL. Has fantasy football helped with popularity? Sure. Is it the driving force behind the NFL Network move? No way...crazy talk.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:24 AM
u really did put alot of time in to WPI

I'm glad somebody noticed. Tell Prick Athan about it. ;)

Count Zarth
12-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure there is some moron out there that loves you.

Word on the street is that Zach hangs out with models.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1323/n34320452317527845528vf0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 12:26 AM

88 you are welcome here anytime.

Fruit Ninja
12-20-2006, 12:26 AM

your incorrect sir about MLB. Certain Cities that cant compete in small markets dotn have a fan base, Big cities that have money to spend on players have huge fanbases. Houston, both New York teams. Boston, LA. San fran. Sell out just about every single game. I just named a few teams, there are more.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Oh and by the way, I guess you're calling one of your fellow mods an idiot also because he called Gochiefs on his spam in this thread also. What do they pay you for here? All I've seen you do is **** with people.

Halfcan
12-20-2006, 12:30 AM
The NFL has a popularity that has never been seen by any of the sports you have mentioned. Part of it is the times. A sport has never before been able to profit in so many avenues. This is a media age and they have control of the media.

I really can't believe you even brought the NHL into the picture. That is laughable.

People love football...people love the NFL. Has fantasy football helped with popularity? Sure. Is it the driving force behind the NFL Network move? No way...crazy talk.

It is easy to take shots at the NHL the way they have screwed up their product-but in some parts of North America it is by far more popular. You are too young to remember how huge MLB was. Football was something you watched in the baseball offseason. If they ever make NFL a pay only deal-that would be a huge mistake.

88TG88
12-20-2006, 12:31 AM
88 you are welcome here anytime.
thanks dirk. im getting sick of the ppl on WPI so might start coming here. ill check out what u guys got goin on here

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:31 AM
It is easy to take shots at the NHL the way they have screwed up their product-but in some parts of North America it is by far more popular. You are too young to remember how huge MLB was. Football was something you watched in the baseball offseason. If they ever make NFL a pay only deal-that would be a huge mistake.
I am not talking down to baseball...if baseball was as popular now...as it was then...then I basbeball would be doing this.

I am saying that because football is as big as it is right now...with all the technology that lets them profit from their league in ways baseball back in the day couldn't even though it was as big if not bigger.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:32 AM
I went over to listen to the podcast thats supposed to be out, and its alink to the dec 11th one. lol

I used to have to fix his link to the podcast almost every week. He usually linked to the podcast .gif image instead of the freaking podcast.

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:33 AM
I used to have to fix his link to the podcast almost every week. He usually linked to the podcast .gif image instead of the freaking podcast.
ok, thats funny.

Halfcan
your incorrect sir about MLB. Certain Cities that cant compete in small markets dotn have a fan base, Big cities that have money to spend on players have huge fanbases. Houston, both New York teams. Boston, LA. San fran. Sell out just about every single game. I just named a few teams, there are more.

Baseball was America's sport for 100 years until the greedy owners decided to let their stars walk over money. The NFl has taken its place because it has a better business model-period.

Count Zarth
You want to hear something shocking?

I haven't posted a thing about Carrie Underwood over at Warpaint.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:34 AM
It's just another example.

luv
12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
I went over to WPI after Phobia recommended trying it out later at night. Not much happened over there, either. I haven't been there in months.

BTW...Welcome 88.

Logical
12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Phil,

I am curious, in your opinion did WPI become a community or did it just succeed in becoming a more popular Chiefs website?

cdcox
12-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Not too long ago MLB was much bigger than football-before the strike that is.

By the mid-60's everthing was in place for the NFL to eclipse MLB. It was like the metor had struck Earth, but the dinosaurs were still walking around. By the mid-70's the NFL had by passed MLB in every measurable way except maybe the opinion of the uninformed public, that didn't notice the jet airplane that just passed their covered wagon.

Fruit Ninja
12-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Baseball was America's sport for 100 years until the greedy owners decided to let their stars walk over money. The NFl has taken its place because it has a better business model-period.
Oh i know it is. NFL is way bigger then MLB. Just alot of people are stil enjoying it. Myself included .

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Phil,

I am curious, in your opinion did WPI become a community or did it just succeed in becoming a more popular Chiefs website?
I don't really believe any of those things.

It had access.

-Zach
*Knows he isn't Phil*
*Will go sit down*
:)

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:48 AM
It was becoming a community. People were getting more friendly, comfortable, and open with one another.

It was on the cusp. I really think Athan screwed up badly. I'm certainly not the end-all be-all of the internet, but you have to treat people fairly. He didn't with me and he's going to feel it. Hopefully it will hurt him a lot more than it would have to just pay me a fair wage. But there's no real way to quantify that. I know I'll not have anything nice to say about him.

I think he'll lose some people there unless he makes the most disgruntled ones moderators, which appears to be the plan over there. It's a quality band-aid.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Word on the street is that Zach hangs out with models.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1323/n34320452317527845528vf0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Who's the hottie?

I'm talking about the girl...

Count Zarth
12-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Phil,

It's become more of the second one than the first one. It was making progress in becoming a community but was still growing.

Ebolapox
12-20-2006, 12:50 AM
what's the over/under on clayton giving up on athan?

luv
12-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Who's the hottie?

I'm talking about the girl...
What? You don't think Zach is a hottie?

SNR
12-20-2006, 12:52 AM
This thread has all the juicy gossip of a group of church ladies having tea on a Tuesday afternoon after one of the ladies has had an affair.

Delicious.

Phobia
I don't think he'll give up. He'll get a full-time paying editor gig, which he deserves.

|Zach|
What? You don't think Zach is a hottie?
:) :p

Count Zarth
12-20-2006, 12:54 AM

Dude, I like Nick Athan. He's done alot for me. So has Phobia. I like pretty much everyone at Warpaint Illustrated. I'm not going to quit on anyone. I didn't quit on Phil but a man has to do what a man has to do. I understand why he did what he did. I probably would have done the same thing had I been placed in his situation. I think everyone here knows I can get pretty ugly when crossed.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Dude, I like Nick Athan. He's done alot for me. So has Phobia. I like pretty much everyone at Warpaint Illustrated. I'm not going to quit on anyone. I didn't quit on Phil but a man has to do what a man has to do. I understand why he did what he did. I probably would have done the same thing had I been placed in his situation. I think everyone here knows I can get pretty ugly when crossed.
You're pretty ugly when not crossed! :p

Count Zarth
12-20-2006, 12:55 AM
This thread has all the juicy gossip of a group of church ladies having tea on a Tuesday afternoon after one of the ladies has had an affair.

Delicious.

It's quite scrumptious. Would you like a scone?

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3614/oldladiescupsoftea372x1ik8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ebolapox
12-20-2006, 12:58 AM

understandable... just throwing it out there so I can look like a genious if/when the meltdown occurs :p

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:08 AM

Delicious.

I'm just getting warmed up.

Did any of you know Terdell Sands attended KU? It was news to me as well.

Ugly Duck
12-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Breaking News: Phobia out GoChiefs

You can't out GoChiefs. He's got some kinda graph proving his heteroness.

luv
12-20-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm just getting warmed up.

Did any of you know Terdell Sands attended KU? It was news to me as well.
I was going to go read more of The World According to Garp. I may stay online just a little while longer. This should be a lot more entertaining.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-20-2006, 01:26 AM
I think everyone here knows I can get pretty ugly when crossed.

we know...

DON'T GO THERE AGAIN!!!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9992/118my.th.jpg

First white man to turn black

Mecca
12-20-2006, 01:27 AM
we know...

DON'T GO THERE AGAIN!!!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9992/118my.th.jpg

First white man to turn black

Hrm I thought he was talking about when he cross dresses.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:42 AM
As much as I've been whining about Nick, at least he was usually good for a laugh.

I don't think I've laughed this hard all year. From a recent Athan column: "With my eighth birthday around the corner I took pride in knowing how to spell the name of every Chiefs player."

Chiefs Pantalones
12-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Hrm I thought he was talking about when he cross dresses.

GoCrossDresser?

http://musingsonlifelawandgender.typepad.com/photos/transition/blksuit.jpg

ferrarispider95
12-20-2006, 03:28 AM
WPI sucks, I visited over there a few times after you left and it doesn't have that second level burst of CP

big nasty kcnut
12-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Well glad i didn't hang around there nick althan is a total tool.

big nasty kcnut
12-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Welcome back phil.

BigRock
12-20-2006, 04:13 AM
So is Herm still supposed to have a meeting with TO within the next 24 hours, or what? I've been waiting like 6-7 months for Nick to post the latest on that story. You know, I'm starting to think there might not be anything to it!

boogblaster
12-20-2006, 04:35 AM
No to TO ..

Fairplay
12-20-2006, 04:51 AM
The only thing i see going on at WPI are the crickets chirping and tumbleweeds a blowing.

chagrin
12-20-2006, 04:59 AM
You've completely misinterpreted the situation. I'm not "in" at all. Phil has decided to leave Warpaint.

We're attempting to replace him with several individuals pitching in at the moment.

Dude, what has happened to you?

chagrin
12-20-2006, 05:01 AM
On the other hand it seems like Phobia's becoming a bit of a diva, not agreeing to contract terms, etc lol!

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 05:05 AM
I came to love that site and the people there. But I'm not a big fan of Nick Athan. In fact, I dislike him very much. I fulfilled my year contract but I won't work with him again. I was foolish to jump into bed with him to begin with. I don't think I agreed with anything he did the entire year.

I still think Warpaint has a lot of potential for the future, but not as long as Nick Athan is a player. When he's out, maybe I'll go back. I'm embarrassed to have been affiliated with him for 365 days.

So what you're telling me is that I was right all along about him?

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 05:06 AM
What didn't he do?

He squashed stories. I stopped being invited to press events. I haven't sat in the press box all year. He didn't communicate with me. He hired a photographer instead of using Zach for free. He belittled my efforts and acted like my contributions to Warpaint were somehow less valuable than the others on staff. He paid me $500 for the year and then acted like that was too much.

Basically, he made a whole lot of promises he couldn't keep and I got sick of it. I decided I wasn't going to do it another year. So I told Nick to fire himself or I wasn't coming back.

He's a complete incompetent. If he managed a Dairy Queen, I'd be scared to feed the ice cream to my dog.

Wow.... Just WOW

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 05:07 AM

The funniest god damn thing is that big goofy ****er Mike Campbell's signature on Warpaint.

He lists himself as a Chiefs' beat writer.

A beat writer for a 2-bit rag and a message board?

That's like a study hall monitor calling himself a Harvard Professor.

chagrin
12-20-2006, 05:28 AM
I'm sorry you got hosed Phobia, you're a good dude and you deserve better!

Cochise
12-20-2006, 06:02 AM
Soren Petro said the Chiefs would pick Hali.

So did tons of mock drafts available all over the sporting world. I never looked at any of WPIs draft coverage but I expected it to be Hali. To say that WPI knew something no one else knew is just preposterous.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Anyone up for a good old fashioned board raid?

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Warpaint couldn't make the next level of Ms. Pacman with Nick Athan on the joystick. As long as that man is around, Warpaint will never be taken seriously by anybody.

Have I mentioned how incompetent he is yet in this thread? Just in case you don't believe me, here's another example:

I just logged into the admin console for Warpaint Illustrated. I'm very seriously considering adding my picture to the feature story on the front page. Nick has known since 1:00 PM that I'm not returning and that I'm disgruntled. Twelve hours later and he still hasn't revoked my access. Nick, when you read this - it's Support/Permissions Admin - then you remove the Phobia account.

Moron.
Give me your login name and password plz.

Mr. Kotter
12-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Here's an eye opener. There was only one KC media source that accurately predicted who the Chiefs would pick in the first round last year.

Guess who?

Bullshit, Clayton. I was predicting that....despite qualifications....for at least a couple of weeks before the draft.

:harumph:

;)

Phobia
12-20-2006, 06:20 AM
So what you're telling me is that I was right all along about him?

I think everybody was right about him except for me. I have a lot of faults. One of them is my tendency to give everybody the benefit of the doubt and opportunity after opportunity until I finally push them away. Nick was one of the beneficiaries of my flaw.

Cochise
12-20-2006, 06:38 AM
I think everybody was right about him except for me. I have a lot of faults. One of them is my tendency to give everybody the benefit of the doubt and opportunity after opportunity until I finally push them away. Nick was one of the beneficiaries of my flaw.

It sucks that he screwed you over. But, I'm sure that what was gained in the positive by you working over there will be undone by all of this. Negative publicity in a niche internet community like that is a big thing. And who's going to want to take over and work with him after the previous guy got such a raw deal?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Wow... OK, Phil... you don't need to email me about what happened.

I take it it didn't work out? ROFL

Fried Meat Ball!
12-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Warpaint is being taken seriously by other media outlets, the Star included.
Umm... not it's not.

FAX
12-20-2006, 06:43 AM
It sucks that he screwed you over. But, I'm sure that what was gained in the positive by you working over there will be undone by all of this. Negative publicity in a niche internet community like that is a big thing. And who's going to want to take over and work with him after the previous guy got such a raw deal?

I cancelled my account with extreme prejudice.

Take that, WPI.

FAX

Phobia
12-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Umm... not it's not.

How would you know?

Oh. Heh.

I think Warpaint could be taken seriously, possibly - if their publisher could be taken seriously.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-20-2006, 06:51 AM
How would you know?

Oh. Heh.

I think Warpaint could be taken seriously, possibly - if their publisher could be taken seriously.
Bingo.

Ari Chi3fs
12-20-2006, 06:53 AM
So,Now can I have my fake Nick Athan CP Login Back... that shit was fun, but I got hosed.

Good Luck Phobia, Sorry Athan is a shitbag over at WarfieldIllustrated.

Cochise
12-20-2006, 06:59 AM
All you need to do is watch one of Athan's cro-magnon snickering sessions with Jack Harry to not be able to take him seriously.

MOhillbilly
12-20-2006, 07:03 AM
oh well phob life goes on.

siberian khatru
12-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Wow, this will teach me to go to bed at night. I miss all the fun.

KcMizzou
12-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Has old Jack gone into one of this ticket prices rants yet....I don't generally watch the news.
He gives us that every... single... week.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 07:25 AM
You're pretty ugly when not crossed! :p
Hahahahahahaha. Good one!

Chiefnj
12-20-2006, 07:32 AM
I came to love that site and the people there. But I'm not a big fan of Nick Athan. In fact, I dislike him very much. I fulfilled my year contract but I won't work with him again. I was foolish to jump into bed with him to begin with. I don't think I agreed with anything he did the entire year.

I still think Warpaint has a lot of potential for the future, but not as long as Nick Athan is a player. When he's out, maybe I'll go back. I'm embarrassed to have been affiliated with him for 365 days.

Will you be going over to NEPA now??

Bob Dole
12-20-2006, 07:32 AM
The future is NASCAR.

Ride the future.

siberian khatru
12-20-2006, 07:35 AM

If they cough up $501 ...

Phobia
12-20-2006, 07:37 AM
If they cough up $501 ...

Brutal.

I deserve it.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm reallysorry to see this happen to you Phil. You lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas. The only thing Athan ever got right was Zach's worth.

FAX
12-20-2006, 07:39 AM
To hell and cursed disaster with WPI! That should do it.

Meanwhile, is the five hundred all spent and everything, Mr. Phobia? I could use a loan for a new gaming system.

FAX

HemiEd
12-20-2006, 07:40 AM
How would you know?

Oh. Heh.

JMO, but I think he was probably threatened by you. It is fairly common practice for an inadequate person to hire less talented people. When they find they screwed up, and hired someone more qualified than themselves, they disable the person from dethroning themself before it is too late.

Besides, that site is so ugly it makes my face hurt and grow into a headache. You are the one that caused me to check it out, but I only go over there if this place is down.

stevieray
12-20-2006, 07:41 AM

No, but I would think that after what happened with NEPA...Phil wouldn't be airing this on a message board.

siberian khatru
12-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Brutal.

I deserve it.

Glad you're back. Hope you stay this time.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 07:42 AM
To hell and cursed disaster with WPI! That should do it.

Meanwhile, is the five hundred all spent and everything, Mr. Phobia? I could use a loan for a new gaming system.

I used the money to pay for part of my internet bill.

FAX
12-20-2006, 07:43 AM
I used the money to pay for part of my internet bill.

Now, I'm really pissed.

I'm declaring full scale war on those bastards.

FAX

Phobia
12-20-2006, 07:44 AM
No, but I would think that after what happened with NEPA...Phil wouldn't be airing this on a message board.

Why not? I think people should know about him. Plus it makes me feel just slightly better.

ChiTown
12-20-2006, 07:45 AM
thanks dirk. im getting sick of the ppl on WPI so might start coming here. ill check out what u guys got goin on here

It's about 50% Chiefs Talk, 50% Kindergarten Commentary, 50% Local Pub Discussion and 50% Pyschology Session............which equals 200% BS, which is about right.

Welcome! :)

Phobia
12-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Glad you're back. Hope you stay this time.

Unless an amazing opportunity not involving Nick Athan comes along, I'm probably out of the business. I don't expect an amazing opportunity to drop into my lap.

FAX
12-20-2006, 07:49 AM

Bring all your WPI friends, Mr. 88TG88. Once they get dancing bananas on the smilie selector, this place will be the bee's ACLs.

FAX

stevieray
12-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Why not? I think people should know about him. Plus it makes me feel just slightly better.

How many times have you had things said on a board that people have attmpted to hold against you?

ChiTown
12-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Unless an amazing opportunity not involving Nick Athan comes along, I'm probably out of the business. I don't expect an amazing opportunity to drop into my lap.

My great Aunt just passed away last week and left me $550 in inheritance. It's burning a hole in my pocket. Give me a call when you get a chance...........

Phobia
12-20-2006, 07:57 AM
How many times have you had things said on a board that people have attmpted to hold against you?

Every once in a while it happens, I guess.

Are you suggesting Nick might hold my reaction to his screwjob against me?

Chiefnj
12-20-2006, 07:58 AM

He could be consulting with others on the art of late night phone calls.

stevieray
12-20-2006, 07:59 AM

I'm suggesting I wouldn't give him any ammo to do so.

chalk it up to experience and move on.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 08:02 AM

Do you ever sleep?

KcMizzou
12-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Glad you're back. Hope you stay this time.Amen, me too.

Besides, that Bob Dole guy's been out of control.

Every thread's about eyebrows and little rat-dogs.

DaFace
12-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Geez...I go offline for 24 hours while I drive a truck into a blizzard and look what happens...

I don't have time to read this whole thread, but I do honestly hope you eventually take up the torch here again, Phil. This place isn't the same since that Phobia guy left.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I kinda miss monkeylook4food

Nzoner
12-20-2006, 08:13 AM

Dude it's called experience,I appreciate the fact that you're owning up to being somewhat blinded by false promises but write it off as a learning experience.Not saying I'm old and wise,well older maybe,but it's easy to understand how the lure of press box passes,radio and tv and the like could cloud one's judgement.

In the end it all comes down to no matter who the hell someone is they still put their pants on the same way you do and in the end you'll know who your real friends are.

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Whatever happens with this soap opera....which is fine by me, since its something new to do today.....please don't bring that horde of Jr high students and drooling tongue chewers with you....we have more than enough of our own now.

Redrum_69
12-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Isn't that a shame.

Phildo....come on dooooooooooooown.

Does this mean phobia is coming back here and I'll be on "universal ignore" again?

siberian khatru
12-20-2006, 08:16 AM
I appreciate the fact that you're owning up to being somewhat blinded by false promises

Well, he IS a Chiefs fan.

KcMizzou
12-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Does this mean phobia is coming back here and I'll be on "universal ignore" again?
Only if it means you regain the "your mom" rep mystique. Hell man, you became a Chiefsplanet legend!

rad
12-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Welcome back, Phobia.

Go fetch me a beer, will ya?

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 08:18 AM

Not just that.... I have seen public criticisms of people on a public message boards turn into law suits.

NONE of my business but I would definately keep in mind that this is a public message board for all to read.

I'd hate to see something bad happen because of a moment of being pissed.

But Hey.... Thats just ME.

Nzoner
12-20-2006, 08:19 AM

We create our own amazing opportunities,now get your ass off the computer and get to work on that BBQ restaurant

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Hopefully.

Nzoner
12-20-2006, 08:21 AM

Wow,we really do think alike

stevieray
12-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow,we really do think alike

Nzoner
12-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Well, he IS a Chiefs fan.

Bada Bing

ptlyon
12-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Just goes to prove, the more things change, the more they stay the same...

Redrum_69
12-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Hopefully.

Did you ever get that arm checked? Um, I'm guessing no. According to the hillbilly almanac, all you have to do to bring back the feeling in your arm is rub the arm with sandpaper and then pour bleech on it. No wait, thats if you have poison ivy/oak.

patteeu
12-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Maybe he was but I understand your point I just don't think WPI is a good value because I am not missing anything that I can't get for free.

If I don't have the NFL Network I can't watch those games at all unless I go somewhere that has it.

I don't plan on buying a subscription to WPI, but really there isn't much of a difference there. In the case of the NFL network, paying the price through a cable company buys you the convenience of watching the game at home. Otherwise, you have to go out of your way (e.g. drive to a sports bar) to watch it. In the case of Chiefs news and draft coverage, you can get almost all of it for free if you go to the trouble of looking around the internet (thankfully, much of it is brought her for those of us who are both lazy and cheap). WPI, charges you for the convenience of delivering their content in a package so you don't have to collect it on your own.

Bwana
12-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Welcome back Phil............. I'm sorry that pud gave you the run around. Just lick your wounds and move on. As you said, just one of life’s little lessons AKA: shit happens. It sounds like gochiefs is next on deck to learn the hard way. In any event, it's great to have you back in the house.

Ari Chi3fs
12-20-2006, 08:31 AM

Every one of my posts is an infomercial.

Nzoner
12-20-2006, 08:32 AM
I don't plan on buying a subscription to WPI, but really there isn't much of a difference there. In the case of the NFL network, paying the price through a cable company buys you the convenience of watching the game at home. Otherwise, you have to go out of your way (e.g. drive to a sports bar) to watch it. In the case of Chiefs news and draft coverage, you can get almost all of it for free if you go to the trouble of looking around the internet (thankfully, much of it is brought her for those of us who are both lazy and cheap). WPI, charges you for the convenience of delivering their content in a package so you don't have to collect it on your own.

Great point,plus anyone who has the NFL Network already knows that their draft coverage is second to none.

Redrum_69
Only if it means you regain the "your mom" rep mystique. Hell man, you became a Chiefsplanet legend!

A legend? So are you saying I should just stop posting in general and go back to just leaving rep comments?

I guess the limit on rep comments in a 24 hour period makes a neg rep that much better.

Ok....guess I'm going back in exile then.

No more posting for me

AFTER I reach the 777 mark...

banyon
WPI we hardly knew ye, RIP.

ROYC75
12-20-2006, 08:35 AM
The average fan isn't a message board type like we all are.

HOLD A MINUTE, WE AREN'T REAL FANS EITHER, SO WHAT ARE WE ?

Just when I had us figured out too ...........

Simplex3
12-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Nick Athan's been pretty good to me. Warpaint is heading in a direction that I approve of.
At your age and experience level any direction that includes you is one you'll approve of.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Not just that.... I have seen public criticisms of people on a public message boards turn into law suits.

I've been mindful of that. I'm being truthful and the facts I've shared are easily verifiable.

Nzoner
12-20-2006, 08:38 AM
At your age and experience level any direction that includes you is one you'll approve of.

Heh,this thread is definitely destined for the Hall.

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Phil, I'm glad to hear you are out of there. Personally, I liked the site at first but it wasn't long before I got to where I starting doubting every "Scoop" that was reported. The longer I stayed, the more it just seemed like a rumor mill that was just a bit more reliable than ProFootballTalk.

I hope this means you'll be around here more now.

Stupid move though for Athan. Phil was about the only person over there I thought was credible enough to trust. Now that Phil's gone, I would imagine that the old timers will push it back to what it was before Phil got there and it will be the Nick Athan fan club again - all 20 [staff] members.

rad
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM

Sad but true.

JBucc
12-20-2006, 08:43 AM
That's too bad. Really it is.

ROYC75
12-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm suggesting I wouldn't give him any ammo to do so.

I agree Phil, sometimes somethings are better left unsaid.... Rise above it.

Simplex3
12-20-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm actually considering legal action against Nick still. I was on a shared profit compensation plan and he has yet to show me the books. I'm gonna have to subpoena them to gain access. I guess my lawyer is gonna have to tell me if it would be worth the effort.
I've found that a well-written letter from your lawyer threatening action is generally enough to get some movement.

the Talking Can
12-20-2006, 08:48 AM
does this mean we can make fun of Nick again without his hired help going "Iraqi Information Minister" on us?

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 08:48 AM
I think the "inside" type stuff does shine in the offseason.

Nudge's blog was without a doubt the best source of good info coming out of River Falls this past offseason.

During the season? Not so much. IMO.
formerdb on the Coaliton site has the best writing in training camp

Redrum_69
12-20-2006, 08:53 AM
SO let me get this straight...

phobia leaves CP to go write for WPI....

WPI makes strides, all is happy...while gochiefs and nick are plotting to overthrow...

meanwhile..all is well..phobia posts here daily, running up his post count

phobia, realizing he has hit the old man status...has a mid life crisis, freaks out because of the stress factors, and decides to move on...

phobia then posts the drama thread here on cp...bringing out some laundry..and has hidden considerations of desires to return to CP

Nick and gochiefs rules WPI now with an iron fist....

while CP gets the leftovers that are otherwise known as the broken down soon to be "skip-towned" poster known as phobia...

I think CP is in a lose-lose situation here

C-Mac
12-20-2006, 08:59 AM

Can I help you enjoy your freedom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIOE0MR99oM

Donger
12-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Nick Athan's been pretty good to me. Warpaint is heading in a direction that I approve of.

You approve of dangling prepositions?

siberian khatru
12-20-2006, 09:00 AM

Is that a euphemism?

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I think you've got some facts out of whack, Redrum.

But it was a nice effort.

Donger
12-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Is that a euphemism?

Considering my new screen name, no.

Stinger
12-20-2006, 09:03 AM

http://www.clipartheaven.com/clipart/sports/golf/ball_&_tee_2.gif

HemiEd
12-20-2006, 09:04 AM
How about all of the facts out of whack? damn

Redrum_69
I think you've got some facts out of whack, Redrum.

But it was a nice effort.

Fill in the blanks then, I'm intrigued

BucEyedPea
You approve of things that dangle? ROFL

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:06 AM
I agree Phil, sometimes somethings are better left unsaid.... Rise above it.

It took all the class I have to pretend it was all my fault on his site. I'm venting here. I can't/won't keep crap bottled up. I vent. It's the way I'm wired. I know I lose a little luster because of it, but it's a risk I'll take on.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 09:07 AM
So basically Athan traded Phil even up for GoChiefs. Somebody got a good fockin'

BucEyedPea
12-20-2006, 09:09 AM
It took all the class I have to pretend it was all my fault on his site. I'm venting here. I can't/won't keep crap bottled up. I vent. It's the way I'm wired. I know I lose a little luster because of it, but it's a risk I'll take on.
As a woman, I can certainly understand your venting. :)

Continue....I'll put the kettle on.

Ari Chi3fs
12-20-2006, 09:10 AM
You can make literally millions and millions of dollars from your TINY one bedroom apartment by Going to timecheeze.com [/infomercial]

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:11 AM

phobia leaves CP to go write for WPI....

WPI makes strides, all is happy...while gochiefs and nick are plotting to overthrow...

meanwhile..all is well..phobia posts here daily, running up his post count

phobia, realizing he has hit the old man status...has a mid life crisis, freaks out because of the stress factors, and decides to move on...

phobia then posts the drama thread here on cp...bringing out some laundry..and has hidden considerations of desires to return to CP

Nick and gochiefs rules WPI now with an iron fist....

while CP gets the leftovers that are otherwise known as the broken down soon to be "skip-towned" poster known as phobia...

I think CP is in a lose-lose situation here

Redrum requested I correct his facts. Here goes.
It looks okay until the gochiefs and Nick plot part. Gochiefs isn't taking on my role at WPI. He'll continue in the role he had while I was there.

I did decide to move on, but it had more to do with being taken advantage of than anything you've mentioned.

I didn't post the thread. I've shared some details, certainly.

I have no interest in returning to my former role here. I've stated that more than once on this thread.

I don't "get" your last statement so I'm unable to correct it for you.

KcMizzou
12-20-2006, 09:11 AM
As a woman, I can certainly understand your venting. :) LMAO

I'm trying to decide if Phil should be insulted by that...

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Well, the post I put up should stir the pot a bit.

I'm wondering how long it will last before being yanked.

Rausch
12-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I had a contract. But nothing was spelled correctly.

I love it...

Phobia
LMAO

I'm trying to decide if Phil should be insulted by that...

I was trying to find something wise to say in response and reconsidered. It's time for me to wash my hair and do my nails, so I'll see you guys in a few hours.

dirk digler
Phil, I'm glad to hear you are out of there. Personally, I liked the site at first but it wasn't long before I got to where I starting doubting every "Scoop" that was reported. The longer I stayed, the more it just seemed like a rumor mill that was just a bit more reliable than ProFootballTalk.

I hope this means you'll be around here more now.

Stupid move though for Athan. Phil was about the only person over there I thought was credible enough to trust. Now that Phil's gone, I would imagine that the old timers will push it back to what it was before Phil got there and it will be the Nick Athan fan club again - all 20 [staff] members.

Hey don't slam PFT by comparing them to WPI. PFT actually gets things more right than wrong and they can actually spell. :)

Rausch
12-20-2006, 09:16 AM

Gee, I don't know if i'd feel comfortable doing that.... :)

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I love it...

Good to see you around Brad. How's everything going?

Cochise
12-20-2006, 09:23 AM
PFT actually gets things more right than wrong ...

:bong:

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey don't slam PFT by comparing them to WPI. PFT actually gets things more right than wrong and they can actually spell. :)

Well, they can spell. I wouldn't say they get more right than they do wrong, but they probably do have a better right/wrong average than WPI.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Good to see you around Brad. How's everything going?
Would you quote your post here? I don't want to soil myself by treading in WPI waters.

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 09:27 AM

So basically what you're saying, is that your mother is alot like a bag of old driving range golf balls. The biggest difference is that she has more dimples, splits and divots with some insides hanging out from years of abuse and has been smacked around by alot more clubs.

Pennywise
12-20-2006, 09:28 AM
The obvious idea would be to create a character for the defense ala stevieray (FDE) or Weirdwolf and be QBSackWolfManJack.

You could pull it off although I've no idea what your gimmick would be.

Perhaps a nutgrab on camera with this face. You're already halfway there with the goatee.

Monty
12-20-2006, 09:30 AM
I was trying to find something wise to say in response and reconsidered. It's time for me to wash my hair and do my nails, so I'll see you guys in a few hours.

Just saw the thread. Good move on your part, I know that you've had a rough go of it with Nick and know what you are going through and can relate. If you get any other ideas/opportunities please let me know how I can help. You know that I'm in limbo as well and am just looking for another "opportunity". :)

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Would you quote your post here? I don't want to soil myself by treading in WPI waters.

I'm not sure I want to soil the planet with a WPI post - I even took my PC's shoes off before coming back in here so I wouldn't track anything on the carpet.

Here it is... (I can't believe it is still up and hasn't been replied too)
What a stupid move to let Phil go IMO. The guy came in and worked his tail off all hours of the day and night in attempt to make this site what he was asked to make it. When I came in a year ago, traffic as slower than a snail's pace. It wasn't long though until the traffic had picked up and this place was actually starting to jump. I can't help but wonder how much more successful this place would have been with Phil if others hadn't been so "In Your Face" with the subscription side and if the "Scoops" were actually accurate.

FWIW, I was spending more time here than anywhere else on the net for a while. However, after several "Scoops" that fell apart, the "Scoops" surrounding the new HC pushed me away. The whole "We saw Bob Stoops in Carl's pressbox and he will be the next HC" bit contrasted against what Stoops was saying here on local TV made me realize that "Scoops" here couldn't be believed. I've seen some of your "Scoops" show up on other sites since pulling out. Seems like almost none of them come to pass either.

Phil wasn't the problem here. The problem probably lies with those who would let someone like Phil go. This site had potential. Who knows it may still, but changes need to be made, and those changes don't involve Phil.

(Now, I wonder how long this post will stay up. I'll time it to see.)

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure I want to soil the planet with a WPI post - I even took my PC's shoes off before coming back in here so I wouldn't track anything on the carpet.

Here it is... (I can't believe it is still up and hasn't been replied too)
How is Saunders doing in Detroit?

chiefforlife
12-20-2006, 09:37 AM
There is no doubt Phobia will be missed at WPI. Phobia is the biggest reason that the site is successful. I really dont understand the whole Hatfield and McCoys thing that goes on between the two boards, arent we all Chiefs fans?
WPI still has some quality staff members and where they take it will remain to be seen. I enjoy that site quite a bit but will definately be spending more time here in the future.
Thanks for everything Phobia, you did a fantastic job over there. Its a shame the way it ended, it has definately caused me to lose alot of respect for Nick. For what its worth, he speaks well of you and has not said a negative thing about the event or you.
Good luck CFL-(chiefforlife).

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:42 AM
For what its worth, he speaks well of you and has not said a negative thing about the event or you.

You know what they say? Actions speak louder than words. His actions told me a whole lot more than his words ever did.

Thanks for dropping in, man. Don't tell Hutchjayhawk I said this, but you were always my favorite.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 09:43 AM
There is no doubt Phobia will be missed at WPI. Phobia is the biggest reason that the site is successful. I really dont understand the whole Hatfield and McCoys thing that goes on between the two boards, arent we all Chiefs fans?
WPI still has some quality staff members and where they take it will remain to be seen. I enjoy that site quite a bit but will definately be spending more time here in the future.
Thanks for everything Phobia, you did a fantastic job over there. Its a shame the way it ended, it has definately caused me to lose alot of respect for Nick. For what its worth, he speaks well of you and has not said a negative thing about the event or you.

CFL you are welcome here anytime. IMHO 99% of the posters here don't trust or don't like Athan because he is a hack that makes up shit and he is trying to run a professional site/magazine and he can't even spell. His material is 3rd rate yet he tries to pass it off as "insider" information and charge you $100.

I think jspchief put it best, he is a snake oil salesman.

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 09:48 AM
My bad I guess....very, very similar name.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:53 AM
My bad I guess....very, very similar name.

Yeah - there's half a dozen of those variations running around the internet. The crazy one makes himself known pretty quickly.

Taco John
12-20-2006, 09:56 AM
This just in: Nick Athan is a moron.

Rain Man
12-20-2006, 09:56 AM
I know how this works. Phobia brought me in to WPI. Now that he's out, the axe is going to fall on me. The only thing that will let me land softly is that I wasn't getting paid anything.

Dave Lane
12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
WTF happened?
Is there a link or something?

Not really surprised here Roger, Phil told me there were "differences" with some people (or singular) at WPI.

Dave

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Neither was I. I'm sure they're happy to have you keep writing for them.

If you were having fun with it, you should keep doing it. Don't let my bitterness ruin your fun.

ROYC75
12-20-2006, 10:00 AM

No, yur late, it's been out for sometime. Phil took a chance to build a site from the handicapped ( Nick ) .

morphius
12-20-2006, 10:04 AM
As someone mentioned, I think there is a dislike of Nick on this BB because every insider piece he did for a long time was completely wrong, so much so that it became a running joke here. People here tend to automatically link WPI with Nick, and no matter how good the BB became they would avoid it because of him.

Of course there are surly some people who didn't have a good experience over there, just like many who haven't enjoyed it here. So there will always be some cross BB hate by some people, it is just the way it is.

Taco John
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Note to self: never, ever get my site mixed in with scout.com

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 10:06 AM

Come on TJ sell your soul to the devil. :)

Redrum_69
12-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Redrum requested I correct his facts. Here goes.
It looks okay until the gochiefs and Nick plot part. Gochiefs isn't taking on my role at WPI. He'll continue in the role he had while I was there.

I did decide to move on, but it had more to do with being taken advantage of than anything you've mentioned.

I didn't post the thread. I've shared some details, certainly.

I have no interest in returning to my former role here. I've stated that more than once on this thread.

I don't "get" your last statement so I'm unable to correct it for you.

WHich part...the lose-lose situation that CP is in with you coming back?

or

the part where you are broken down and soon to be "skip-towned"...

the first about the lose-lose....cp lost ya to wpi...which was great...but then you are back on here more which is not great...because of the um, well, known sanctions you gave me in the past...like the universal ignore..the turning off of basic functions, etc

"skip-towned" means ..well..look at skiptown and you see what hes like...soon he'll be in the retirement home

Cochise
12-20-2006, 10:09 AM
How is Saunders doing in Detroit?

LMAO, that was great.

For my entire time here, Athan has been a punchline for the reasons you list - that the "scoops" are never accurate. It seems to most everyone that he just makes things up out of whole cloth, saying what he thinks will happen, hoping to be right. He had always been seen as a bumbling tard and a fraud, who also lacks even a basic command of the English language.

I think most of the animosity over here is that many WPI articles are crossposted here in an attempt to generate publicity. To most people it's not much different than spam. Normally if someone wanted to promote their business here in the past, they were supposed to make a donation IIRC. But our resident WPI shill has somehow been able to convince the moderation community that it's not a recruiting drive or self-promotion.

So the hatfields/mccoys thing is basically because ChiefsPlanet has been here forever, has always been the #1 Chiefs message board since I can remember. Then along comes this other place that has always been a joke, lures away some members, and they start promoting over here, violating the spirit if not the letter of the rules against spam.

Many people didn't take well to it. I just don't even click on the WPI threads. It's hard for me to assign credibility to anyone who would be associated with that publication.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 10:09 AM

It's not scout. I'd be happy to work for Scout. It's Athan.

Simplex3
12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Damnit Taco, you know we charge for insider info like that. No linking or quoting the premium content.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 10:13 AM
TJ didn't you at one time think about having a premium membership on your site?

Simplex3
12-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, but then he realized that he can spell and doesn't lie nearly enough.

Taco John
12-20-2006, 10:22 AM

It's still under consideration. The site is growing fast, and server fees are getting up there. So there's a thought that we may someday move to a model that would include some premium features, contests and a Broncos fan only board.

Maybe next season... Maybe not. I'm just playing it by ear. I'm not in a big hurry to capitalize on the site or anything. I have a career. I just want to make certain that I can provide the best experience possible for our users.

ROYC75
12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Come on TJ sell your soul to the devil. :)

He did , The Donkeys ! ROFL

alpha_omega
12-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Welcome back Phobia!!!!!!!

Bowser
12-20-2006, 10:33 AM
So, what exactly happened here? Some sort of Greek tradgedy?

NewChief
12-20-2006, 10:36 AM

Yup. Phil killed his father, married his mother, and he's now about to gouge his eyes out. Phobius Rex.

rad
12-20-2006, 10:37 AM
LMAO, that was great.

For my entire time here, Athan has been a punchline for the reasons you list - that the "scoops" are never accurate. It seems to most everyone that he just makes things up out of whole cloth, saying what he thinks will happen, hoping to be right. He had always been seen as a bumbling tard and a fraud, who also lacks even a basic command of the English language.

I think most of the animosity over here is that many WPI articles are crossposted here in an attempt to generate publicity. To most people it's not much different than spam. Normally if someone wanted to promote their business here in the past, they were supposed to make a donation IIRC. But our resident WPI shill has somehow been able to convince the moderation community that it's not a recruiting drive or self-promotion.

So the hatfields/mccoys thing is basically because ChiefsPlanet has been here forever, has always been the #1 Chiefs message board since I can remember. Then along comes this other place that has always been a joke, lures away some members, and they start promoting over here, violating the spirit if not the letter of the rules against spam.

Many people didn't take well to it. I just don't even click on the WPI threads. It's hard for me to assign credibility to anyone who would be associated with that publication.

:clap: , you nailed it.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 10:38 AM

We'll need some music.

Bowser
12-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Yup. Phil killed his father, married his mother, and he's now about to gouge his eyes out. Phobius Rex.

It was inevitable. Too much cabbage soup leads directly to insanity.

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 10:41 AM
If you could filter out about 4-6 of the biggest hoopleheads, it would improve your entire site. same here.

It's still under consideration. The site is growing fast, and server fees are getting up there. So there's a thought that we may someday move to a model that would include some premium features, contests and a Broncos fan only board.

Maybe next season... Maybe not. I'm just playing it by ear. I'm not in a big hurry to capitalize on the site or anything. I have a career. I just want to make certain that I can provide the best experience possible for our users.

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Damn....

At 11:00 last night, I decided to watch Talledega Nights and go to bed.

This thread would have been much more entertaining.

Sorry you got screwed over, Phil.

Welcome back.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 10:48 AM

I totally understand your thought process. You have to pay the bills.

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 10:52 AM
At 11:00 last night, I decided to watch Talledega Nights and go to bed.

This thread would have been much more entertaining.

Sorry you got screwed over, Phil.

Welcome back.

I agree. I watched that flick last week. If ever a show failed to live up the previews it was Talladega nights. It was ok, I laughed, but I expected so much more. I expected lots of laughs, I got several laughs and a lot of stupid.

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Heh,this thread is definitely destined for the Hall.
Hey its a different era now. If the MOOO and Africa web cam threads don't make it into the hall, what can?

Mr. Laz
12-20-2006, 10:58 AM
the fact that we have a 6 page thread about WPI is pathetic.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey its a different era now. If the MOOO and Africa web cam threads don't make it into the hall, what can?

The Moo thread is

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
GoChiefs,

Here's a piece of advice that you can use or not use. That's your call.

Nick Athan is the cancer of real journalism. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, that works with him finds out how much of a two-bit hack he is.

He makes up stuff. I don't care what connections he has with the Chiefs and what access he's granted, HE MAKES STUFF UP.

I know you aspire to write, but don't kid yourself. If you want to get noticed, try to get some sort of internship at a local newspaper while you still live at home to gain exposure.

Warpaint is a joke. A complete joke. Mike Campbell wouldn't know journalism if it smacked him in his fat head.

Athan is a disgrace to Chiefs fans.

I hope you realize that the guy is a fraud. I know at one time you did realize it, but don't let him fool you.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 11:01 AM

I agree. Let's talk about Laz instead.

Laz complains a lot and posts a lot of pictures of pretty women.

The end.

Back to talking about WPI.

NewChief
12-20-2006, 11:03 AM

Six page? It's like 26 pages at my settings.

Bowser
12-20-2006, 11:03 AM
For some reason, I always get Laz and SNR mixed up.

luv
12-20-2006, 11:06 AM
The Moo thread is
And now includes a picture.

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Six page? It's like 26 pages at my settings.

Now 7 pages at 80 posts per page......

Mr. Laz
12-20-2006, 11:09 AM

The end.

Phil leaves ChiefsPlanet for $500 bucks

spends a year spamming us

spends a year DEFENDING nick Athan

talking about how poor posters are here

spent a year doing his best to hire people away from here, doing his best to pull traffic away from here.

now we find out it's all BS and he just did it because he was Nick Athan's paid bitch.

go ahead ...... come oozing back here like the cheap man whore you are.

chiefforlife
12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
There is a tremendous amount of animosity towards Nick for his "scoops" over here, that is understandable.
Most of us that are members over there dont expect ANY breaking news and usually dont get it. The board itself is what we go there for, I am a premium member only to support the site, not for any inside info. This is what most people seem to be upset about. Perhaps the "chiefs insider" is what misleads people the most.
The staff over there gives a lot of themselves to the site. I am becoming more familiar with this site and am not able to know if the Planet has as much presence around the Chiefs as does WPI.
If you must hate the publisher, you dont have to hate the product, it is worthy. This event has caused me to have mixed emotions about WPI but I still believe it is a great site for Chiefs fans.

JazzzLovr
12-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm truly sorry, Phil. When you left for WPI, I had really hoped that it would be your chance to see your ideas become reality.

For those of you who don't know, Zach's posts about Phil on this thread have been pretty much dead on. I remember sitting with Phil nearly 2 1/2 years ago and listening to all of the great ideas he had for ChiefsPlanet. But his hands were tied here. I can't really blame him for leaving when he was given lots of promises, including having the ability to make changes and improvements as he saw fit.

From the sound of things, most, if not all, of those promises turned out to be empty. If this is a lose-lose situation for ChiefsPlanet, it is so because we had an admin/mod who had a passion for moving a message board forward into new things, and Athan pretty much ripped that passion out of him over the past year.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Actually, I only talked about how poor you and Skip were, Laz. Skip has improved.

Had I known it was only for $500 in advance, I'd have certainly never agreed to leave. You've got to be kidding me.

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
There is a tremendous amount of animosity towards Nick for his "scoops" over here, that is understandable.
Most of us that are members over there dont expect ANY breaking news and usually dont get it. The board itself is what we go there for, I am a premium member only to support the site, not for any inside info. This is what most people seem to be upset about. Perhaps the "chiefs insider" is what misleads people the most.
The staff over there gives a lot of themselves to the site. I am becoming more familiar with this site and am not able to know if the Planet has as much presence around the Chiefs as does WPI.
If you must hate the publisher, you dont have to hate the product, it is worthy. This event has caused me to have mixed emotions about WPI but I still believe it is a great site for Chiefs fans.

Of course you hate the product if you hate the publisher.

When a writer has made up stories in the past, his credibility is shot, period.

You get one chance to trust readers and fellow writers. He blew it.

People are upset because he's a fraud.

Mr. Laz
12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Actually, I only talked about how poor you and Skip were, Laz. Skip has improved.

Had I known it was only for $500 in advance, I'd have certainly never agreed to leave. You've got to be kidding me.
make up all the stuff you want about me or my posting

but i'm a productive and loyal Chiefsplaneteer

more than you can say, Mr. Sellout.

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I have met Nick Athan less than 10 times or so in person. He has been nice and friendly and we have had great conversations about football etc. I sat with Nick, his wife, Go Chiefs and Morphius for probably an hour at the Coalition Festivus and had a great time talking with all of them.

I'm working on a vision that I have that all Chiefs BB's work together to raise money for their charities. He has been nothing but coroperative. This is just my experience with him. Albeit its a superficial relationship, just posting my experience.

I haven't worked for Nick so on that I can't respond but I was the editor of a magazine at one time and I couldn't get the publisher to pay me on a regular basis. It was a very frustrating experience. So I have been there and done that in my life. So I feel for you Phil. At the time it felt like a punch in the gut.

I've known Mighty Mike for over 8 years. We went to school together. Yes, he's just a fan like you and me. But his writing and passion are worthy of a readable column.

I've known Phil for a while now. He is not an unreasonable person. I've met him on numerous occasions. Him and his wife are welcome at my house any time.

chiefforlife
12-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Simply put, who cares about the articles. The site itself is what Im talking about. Nick really doesnt have that much involvement with the every day stuff.

burt
12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
There's only one person I'd engage in naked wrestling with. And I'd be real gentle.

NO, I WON'T!!

Phobia
12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
make up all the stuff you want about me or my posting

but i'm a productive and loyal Chiefsplaneteer

more than you can say, Mr. Sellout.

If I offered you $20k to leave ChiefsPlanet today you'd be gone in a second. Don't act like there's some higher calling to being a member of the Planet.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm truly sorry, Phil. When you left for WPI, I had really hoped that it would be your chance to see your ideas become reality.

For those of you who don't know, Zach's posts about Phil on this thread have been pretty much dead on. I remember sitting with Phil nearly 2 1/2 years ago and listening to all of the great ideas he had for ChiefsPlanet. But his hands were tied here. I can't really blame him for leaving when he was given lots of promises, including having the ability to make changes and improvements as he saw fit.

From the sound of things, most, if not all, of those promises turned out to be empty. If this is a lose-lose situation for ChiefsPlanet, it is so because we had an admin/mod who had a passion for moving a message board forward into new things, and Athan pretty much ripped that passion out of him over the past year.

Wow - it's like you know me or something. My biggest fear when I went to Warpaint was being drowned out or squashed by Nick Athan. I had dozens of creative ideas for making that organization unique and powerful but in the end all Nick was consumed with selling premium memberships. Premium memberships are great but they aren't going to put food on the table - especially when you can't keep your premium members happy. I'm not the only cat disgruntled with Nick Athan. But I'm one of the guys with a big giant mouth.

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
If I offered you $20k to leave ChiefsPlanet today you'd be gone in a second. Don't act like there's some higher calling to being a member of the Planet.

All that would prove is that he is a higher priced whore than thou!

88TG88
12-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Simply put, who cares about the articles. The site itself is what Im talking about. Nick really doesnt have that much involvement with the every day stuff.
^^^thats pretty much why i stayed

bushmaster
12-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Wow - it's like you know me or something. My biggest fear when I went to Warpaint was being drowned out or squashed by Nick Athan. I had dozens of creative ideas for making that organization unique and powerful but in the end all Nick was consumed with selling premium memberships. Premium memberships are great but they aren't going to put food on the table - especially when you can't keep your premium members happy. I'm not the only cat disgruntled with Nick Athan. But I'm one of the guys with a big giant mouth.

great. is the article in the hopper or are we shit outta luck?

Phobia
12-20-2006, 11:47 AM
All that would prove is that he is a higher priced whore than thou!

What if I offered $20k and only paid him $500?

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 11:49 AM

The end.

LMAO