PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Phobia out GoChiefs in at WPI

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
What if I offered $20k and only paid him $500?

Then that would make you the PIMP now wouldn't it?

:)

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
great. is the article in the hopper or are we shit outta luck?

I stopped writing when Nick squashed a couple of my stories. But I enjoyed writing and am considering options for a blog or something. I haven't given it a tremendous amount of thought yet.

I appreciate the question. It tells me you enjoyed my work or at least liked to laugh at me. Thanks.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Then that would make you the PIMP now wouldn't it?

I guess it would. Thanks for making me feel better about the situation.

bushmaster
12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
I stopped writing when Nick squashed a couple of my stories. But I enjoyed writing and am considering options for a blog or something. I haven't given it a tremendous amount of thought yet.

I appreciate the question. It tells me you enjoyed my work or at least liked to laugh at me. Thanks.

it's me, arrowhead. sent you a pm on cc, you didn't respond. so i thought i'd bag on ya over here.

i won't send you a bill for the $80.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh - I understand. I'll definitely write that article. I live up to my obligations.

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
I guess it would. Thanks for making me feel better about the situation.

Anytime.

Kind of makes feel warm and fuzzy knowing you are either THE Whore or the ONE Dealing with the Whore.

:shrug:

BTW ... can I say I was J/K or is that a sign of weakness?

Mr. Laz
12-20-2006, 12:55 PM
LMAO
oh look ... the sidekick is here, to laugh at his jokes and tell him what a great boss he is.

Zach aka Mr. MiniMe Manwhore

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:56 PM
oh look ... the sidekick is here, to laugh at his jokes and tell him what a great boss he is.

Whatever makes you feel better man.

I have never seen someone put themselves up on the cross so much. Your dislike of yourself comes out in your posts. You might want to work on that.

bushmaster
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh - I understand. I'll definitely write that article. I live up to my obligations.

don't worry about it to much. we'll find other ways to get our money's worth out of you.

Cochise
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
So what kind of stories were squashed, and for what reason?

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Anytime.

Kind of makes feel warm and fuzzy knowing you are either THE Whore or the ONE Dealing with the Whore.

:shrug:

BTW ... can I say I was J/K or is that a sign of weakness?

You don't have to clarify for me. I won't take it personally. As much crap as I sling I had better have some tough skin in return.

Mr. Kotter
make up all the stuff you want about me or my posting

but i'm a productive and loyal Chiefsplaneteer

more than you can say, Mr. Sellout.WTF is wrong with you? Did Phil shag your wife back in HS or college and you still haven't gotten over it? Sheeesh. :rolleyes:

Sell-out? It's a damn discussion board. He saw an opportunity, tried it. It didn't work out. What the hell is wrong with that? :shake:

Kerberos

Better just watch your MOUTH Mister, or you might just lose your privelige of creating threads on game day.

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.almanac.com/garden/vege/graphics/squash.200.gif

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't think I'm just being a Warpaint stooge, here. It's improved. Rick Dean writes for us. Yeah, the same one that writes for the Capital Journal. Kendall Gammon has a column in the magazine.

I can honestly say I wish I didn't read everything in the magazine before it went to print, because it would be fun to read it all for the first time after it was delivered to my mailbox. I wish there was another Chiefs magazine out there that provided similar coverage.
Kendall Gammon!?

Hahahahahaha. That's rich.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
I could start posting premium WPI articles...but they all fuggin' suck anyways. Phil opened up my account so I can access everything...so at least I have that going for me (until GoChiefs reads this, hahahaha)

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Damn 10 issues of WPI is $40. That is ****ing stupid.
you save 0.03 off the cover price!

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
make up all the stuff you want about me or my posting

but i'm a productive and loyal Chiefsplaneteer

more than you can say, Mr. Sellout.

Damn Laz chill. Phil took a chance and tried to follow a dream that he couldn't do here. You can't blame him for that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
What if I offered $20k and only paid him $500?

Was this promised as a lump sum? A backend payment based on a certain goal down the road? Or a yearly salary? Wouldn't the shit start to stink pretty early if your first check was 2.5% what it should have been?

Short Leash Hootie
Well I hope you don't stop writing-I think you were improving with every article. People hate Athan because he is full of shit, arrogant, and only out to better his own standing as the "Voice of the Chiefs". Your stuff was down to earth-saying what the average fan that loves the Chiefs feels. You put it all out there from your heart, not just spew some story that has been redone over and over but with a spin to make it some brand new "scoop". Hang in there and welcome back!!! :)
that and he puts out three of the dumbest articles after every Chiefs game...not one, not two...three.

Mr. Kotter
12-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Damn Laz chill. Phil took a chance and tried to follow a dream that he couldn't do here. You can't blame him for that.
You better watch it, dirk....

Laz will be back shortly to call you Minime II, or maybe it'll be III by now.....:rolleyes:

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM

The Passion Parties story Whitlock did was mine. The source was a guy who posted the "tip" on the website. I chased the story down for 3 days. It was a good story. My version was a whole lot more tame than Jason's version, fwiw.

Earlier in the year a Chiefs player lost a playbook. I had the story, source, pictures of the playbook. Nick wouldn't hear of it.

chiefforlife
Phobia, I guess in this case "Two plus Two" equals 500 small ones, heh.

luv
Wow. There's some tension in here. Anyone got a knife?

Jenson71
12-20-2006, 01:07 PM
That's too bad things didn't work out quite so well, Phil. Maybe you want to start your own thing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Whatever makes you feel better man.

I have never seen someone put themselves up on the cross so much. Your dislike of yourself comes out in your posts. You might want to work on that.

I'm not interjecting myself into this argument, because I don't know the details, but why do you always do this to people? You are a waiter and aspiring photographer, not Carl Jung. This pop psychology shit makes you look like an ignorant ass.

Short Leash Hootie
You're advertising that website, that is as good as spam.
man you are ****ing stupid. Who gives a flying **** what someone posts on this board?! LMAO

Mr. Laz
You better watch it, dirk....

Laz will be back shortly to call you Minime II, or maybe it'll be III by now.....:rolleyes:
BS .... maybe should actually know what your talking about before jumping in the middle of it.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:08 PM
The Passion Parties story Whitlock did was mine. The source was a guy who posted the "tip" on the website. I chased the story down for 3 days. It was a good story. My version was a whole lot more tame than Jason's version, fwiw.

Earlier in the year a Chiefs player lost a playbook. I had the story, source, pictures of the playbook. Nick wouldn't hear of it.

So basically Athan is a shill for the Chiefs kind of like Gretz. He doesn't want to lose his credentials.

Short Leash Hootie
zach, you're taking this ENTIRELY too seriously... it was SARCASM... aka, tongue in cheek

do you REALLY think that's a true grammar rule?!?

ROFL
Fatty has shown how 'emo' he is through the first 15 pages...I'm trying to catch up.

Mr. Kotter
That's too bad things didn't work out quite so well, Phil. Maybe you want to start your own thing.

I was thinking the same thing....if Kyle isn't interested, and Nick is a dick...finding the initial investor(s) could be tough, but I think if anyone could do it....Phil could. :hmmm:

NewChief

While I can understand editorial boards making the decision to not run with either of those stories, the sheer irony of Athan pulling them is astounding. Maybe you had too many facts in the stories.

wutamess
12-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Phil,
Don't let them ruffle your feathers. They can talk all the shit they want but if they were offered $20k to pursue their dreams... They'd do the exact same thing.

Just so happens it didn't work out the way you've hoped for. On the flipside, you'll always have that opportunity to say that you'll never be questioning to yourself, "what if".

Let them have their so-called CP pride because after all, it's only a BB.

Lifes about chances... you win some & you lose some. BUT YOU TOOK THE CHANCE (which is more than the majority on this board has done at some point in their lifetime).

Considering what's happened with my cousin, son, father, & step father within the last 2 months... You quickly realize that healthy family & God are the only things that matter. The rest are extras comparable to the cherries on top.

To hell with them. I'd take you (The BB whore) over any of them anytime.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I have a problem with people advertising websites, it's one thing to post a chiefs article, its another to give the full itinerary of a website including prices for said site. I come here to read about Chiefs news if I want to look at spam I'll open my email.
you!
are!
GAAAY!

Mr. Laz
I'm not interjecting myself into this argument, because I don't know the details, but why do you always do this to people? You are a waiter and aspiring photographer, not Carl Jung. This pop psychology shit makes you look like an ignorant ass.
it plays into his Passive aggressive crap that makes him feel superior.

it's the way he works

Mr. Kotter
BS .... maybe should actually know what your talking about before jumping in the middle of it.

It isn't exactly rocket science figuring out what you're saying, know what I mean.... ;)

88TG88
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM

i can't believe this when it happened. i guess the news broke on WPI im not sure but everyone knew and the staff said nothing about it. phobia was the only one who said anything about the playbook

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 01:12 PM
While I can understand editorial boards making the decision to not run with either of those stories, the sheer irony of Athan pulling them is astounding. Maybe you had too many facts in the stories.

Your not thinking OUTSIDE the box.

Its not that he had too many facts .... It's that he didn't have enough assumptions that squashed his story.

Short Leash Hootie
Spam = selling something from another website. Do you want to argue about this? You know spam is against the rules here atleast I would hope you know it's against the rules seeing as you're a mod and all. I don't mind posting of articles unless it deals with selling some BS magazine for a crappy Chiefs site. It's the only thing I have a problem with. Have you seen me complain about anything else?
hahahahahahaha

this guy is making me giggle

Nzoner
Wow,so much for peace on earth and good will towards man.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Phil,
Don't let them ruffle your feathers. They can talk all the shit they want but if they were offered $20k to pursue their dreams... They'd do the exact same thing.

Just so happens it didn't work out the way you've hoped for. On the flipside, you'll always have that opportunity to say that you'll never be questioning to yourself, "what if".

Lifes about chances... you win some & you lose some. BUT YOU TOOK THE CHANCE (which is more than the majority on this board has done at some point in their lifetime).

Considering what's happened with my cousin, son, father, & step father within the last 2 months... You quickly realize that healthy family & God are the only thing that matters. The rest is extras are the cherries on top.

:clap:

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Have you listened to our podcast?

Warpaint is being taken seriously by other media outlets, the Star included. They recently started updating their website before midnight on some days. That's because we've been doing it for months.
you're suggesting the Star considers WPI a competitor!??!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude...

Jenson71
12-20-2006, 01:14 PM

Merry ****in Christmas

From,

The Hate Thread

Phobia
Was this promised as a lump sum? A backend payment based on a certain goal down the road? Or a yearly salary? Wouldn't the shit start to stink pretty early if your first check was 2.5% what it should have been?

My compensation package was percentage based with incentives. During the recruiting period he told me his monthly nut was a lot bigger than it turned out to be. Nick always did a good job of convincing me that Scout owed him money and that I'd be paid later. I generally trust people. I believed him through September and then started to become more and more disgruntled. I wanted him to make it right. I thought he would. Obviously, he hasn't.

chiefforlife
i can't believe this when it happened. i guess the news broke on WPI im not sure but everyone knew and the staff said nothing about it. phobia was the only one who said anything about the playbook
I remember it to, daocordinator basically lost his reputation over it. Nick said he refused to talk or let anyone else talk about it. I really didnt understand why.

Both of these stories would have been considered "inside Info." which is what we were supposed to be getting and yet they were squashed. This is starting to piss me off!!

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:15 PM
i hang out at WPI and you guys make it seem like everyone is there for the great content. most of the ppl ,me included, there don't pay for premium even if i did i sure as hell wouldn't give it to a Pro team whos news probably will show up on ESPN. i just go there because i can talk to chiefs fans. thats why im here. the only reason i dont stay here is because on scout i can jump around to different teams boards.personally i can see there arent gonna be major improvements on WPI but thats fine as long as i can talk chiefs football. well good luck with whatever phobia if u decide to stay here ill probably spend alot more time here to. btw nick did u wrong. u really did put alot of time in to WPI
and these are the brilliant posters over on WPI!

Hahahaha.

Have fun GoChiefs! Hope Nathan tastes like strawberries!!!

luv
12-20-2006, 01:16 PM
My compensation package was percentage baced with incentives. During the recruiting period he told me his monthly nut was a lot bigger than it turned out to be. Nick always did a good job of convincing me that Scout owed him money and that I'd be paid later. I generally trust people. I believed him through September and then started to become more and more disgruntled. I wanted him to make it right. I thought he would. Obviously, he hasn't.
Was any of it in writing? You going to get any more of what you were promised?

'Hamas' Jenkins
My compensation package was percentage baced with incentives. During the recruiting period he told me his monthly nut was a lot bigger than it turned out to be. Nick always did a good job of convincing me that Scout owed him money and that I'd be paid later. I generally trust people. I believed him through September and then started to become more and more disgruntled. I wanted him to make it right. I thought he would. Obviously, he hasn't.

I don't suppose you have any of this in writing??? :sulk:

Mr. Kotter
Wow,so much for peace on earth and good will towards man.Now, now....Joe. There's plenty of goodwill toward men around this place.

It's just the pantywaist sniveling wusses who seem to enjoy getting their balls busted to bring them their holiday "cheer"....strange folks, I tell ya. :shake:

;)

dirk digler
I remember it to, daocordinator basically lost his reputation over it. Nick said he refused to talk or let anyone else talk about it. I really didnt understand why.

Both of these stories would have been considered "inside Info." which is what we were supposed to be getting and yet they were squashed. This is starting to piss me off!!

If this is true then maybe Phil should post the story here and get the news out. **** Athan that ****ing prick.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Word on the street is that Zach hangs out with models.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1323/n34320452317527845528vf0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
yeah and I'm sure that girl gives him play ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Your not thinking OUTSIDE the box.

Its not that he had too many facts .... It's that he didn't have enough assumptions that squashed his story.

Perhaps he squashed them because he couldn't be the one who uncovered them...:hmmm:

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM
You know what happens when you assume...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM

nt.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
what's the over/under on clayton giving up on athan?
In terms of days?

But now? He's too stubborn, so probably never...he's going to force this to work, even if Athan ass rapes him like he did Phil, because GoChiefs won't admit he's wrong; especially not now.

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 01:22 PM

Damn.... If he is giving that chick a pickle tickle I would shake his hand if I ever met him.

After he washed it of course!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 01:22 PM
What should I assume, Zach?? :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfcEvaGasf4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfcEvaGasf4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't suppose you have any of this in writing??? :sulk:

Sure I do. But when the "books" is a spreadsheet Athan threw together in an effort to appease my requests to see the books, what can I do?

That spreadsheet was the biggest joke I've ever seen. Initially I was requesting respectfully, then asking, and finally DEMANDING to see the books and after 4 months he sends me a spreadsheet he spent 20 minutes throwing together. All the monthly expenses were perfectly round numbers - $1200, $2400, etc. It's obvious he didn't want me to see the real books.

JazzzLovr
12-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Phil,

Considering what's happened with my cousin, son, father, & step father within the last 2 months... You quickly realize that healthy family & God are the only things that matter. The rest are extras comparable to the cherries on top.

Rep.

htismaqe
12-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Perhaps he squashed them because he couldn't be the one who uncovered them...:hmmm:

Based on what I know (and it's not much) Athan has a problem with publishing stories that might get him in trouble with the Chiefs...

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Phil, file for unemployment...

Let's see, 500 dollars per year...adjusted bi-monthly...let's see...you should get a nice old check for $4.53 every two weeks!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Sure I do. But when the "books" is a spreadsheet Athan threw together in an effort to appease my requests to see the books, what can I do?

That spreadsheet was the biggest joke I've ever seen. Initially I was requesting respectfully, then asking, and finally DEMANDING to see the books and after 4 months he sends me a spreadsheet he spent 20 minutes throwing together. All the monthly expenses were perfectly round numbers - $1200, $2400, etc. It's obvious he didn't want me to see the real books.

Well, I'm sure that you could seek legal recourse if you wanted to press him. That amount would take you above small claims, obviously. It would be interesting to see what he'd do when pushed, but I'm sure you've already thought of the ramifications of what would happen to others should you do this? Then again, you are entitled to your fair share, it was promised to you...it'd be nice to see you recoup at least some of that.

Phobia
I want to be clear - that $20k figure was just a number I pulled out of my butt based upon projections Nick gave me before I left here. I really don't know how much Nick made because he refuses to show me the real books despite my compensation being based upon the bottom line.

NaptownChief
Originally Posted by Phobia

Sounds like a great place for GoChiefs since he apparently don't mind taking in the backside.

NewChief
12-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Based on what I know (and it's not much) Athan has a problem with publishing stories that might get him in trouble with the Chiefs...

Yeah. I think the same thing. He wants to be an "insider" and fears messing that up. The irony is that he has zero problem publishing pure conjecture and fantasy.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:33 PM
If I offered you $20k to leave ChiefsPlanet today you'd be gone in a second. Don't act like there's some higher calling to being a member of the Planet.
well if you were promised $20k, there is no reason you shouldn't be talking to a lawyer right now about this...

Cochise
12-20-2006, 01:33 PM
In terms of days?

But now? He's too stubborn, so probably never...he's going to force this to work, even if Athan ass rapes him like he did Phil, because GoChiefs won't admit he's wrong; especially not now.

Athan and the highly respected WPI are his chance to go from unskilled nobody in his mom's basement to world renowned sportswriter...

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah. I think the same thing. He wants to be an "insider" and fears messing that up. The irony is that he has zero problem publishing pure conjecture and fantasy.

Yep he is a shill. Publishing pure conjecture and fantasy doesn't hurt anybody but posting stories of people losing their playbooks would.

So Phil are you going to give us the scoop on the playbook story?

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:35 PM

you and gochiefs were the best writers on that site...I was never impressed with nuge and his constant negativity

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Now all we need is tom cash back, and it will be like old times.

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Athan and the highly respected WPI are his chance to go from unskilled nobody in his mom's basement to world renowned sportswriter...
The dude makes some videos that are as good as anything put out by NFL films. Thats skillz in my book

Short Leash Hootie
ROFL

Unless she has AIDS, I highly doubt it, big guy.

htismaqe

Nah, it would be more fun if it were El Prezidente.

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Now all we need is tom cash back, and it will be like old times.F#k that- :mad: I'd vote for bringing back Mr. Blond

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:40 PM
dude, gochiefs does a good job with 85% of his articles...he wears the chiefs homer hat a little too much, but bashing the guy for his writing is wrong. He is a good writer.

Donger
12-20-2006, 01:40 PM

Do you really look like Sam Wise in real life or is it just that photo?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 01:41 PM
well if you were promised $20k, there is no reason you shouldn't be talking to a lawyer right now about this...

If I were promised 20K, I think I'd start severing Athan's fingers until he paid up.

Short Leash Hootie
just because someone didn't go to school and get a degree, doesn't mean they aren't totally capable of doing a certain job.

I know plenty of people that I have class with that are total ****ing retards and I cannot believe they are actually in college.

In fact, I bet a lot of them get better grades than I do, too...because they are more dedicated.

Donger
dude, gochiefs does a good job with 85% of his articles...he wears the chiefs homer hat a little too much, but bashing the guy for his writing is wrong. He is a good writer.

I'd tend to agree, although he needs an editor.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:42 PM

I'll try. I suspect Nick spooked the source so I never did get the entire story.

The weekend Huard injured his groin, a member posted a thread asking that somebody contact him immediately - he had HUGE news. I contacted him but he wanted to talk with the "Insider". So Nick contacted him. When I asked Nick about it on Sunday he said the kid thought he had a line on whether Huard was gonna play or not. That didn't make sense to me so I contacted the kid myself. He told me that a Chiefs player had left a playbook in a local hotel room and that his friend had it. His friend thought he could get something for it, like maybe a reward or something.... He gave me pictures of the book so we knew it was the real thing. When I confronted Nick about it he said he lied to me to because it had become a criminal matter and that the playbook had been stolen. He issued a "gag" order about the playbook and never said anything else about it.

Cochise
12-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Yep he is a shill. Publishing pure conjecture and fantasy doesn't hurt anybody but posting stories of people losing their playbooks would.

That more than anything exposes him as being a bumbling fool.

What is Athan thinking? Killing a negative story just to remain in the organization's favor? Threatened by someone who actually had a "scoop" instead of some made-up nugget of the week?

If the idiot would have ran it and let his publication take credit for breaking the story they could have gotten a priceless amount of publicity - and credibility, which is pretty effing hard to come by when you are Nick Athan. Instead he killed it to maintain a smiley face, I'm-ok-you're-ok, yay Chiefs party line? So much for integrity, to say nothing of business sense. I'd expect this out of the Chinese government or something, but it doesn't make sense for him on any level. Why would you turn down an opportunity like that? It could have helped his magazine turn the corner.

Why does he need to curry favor with the Chiefs' organization anyway? All he gets is bogus information, if anyone really gives him information at all. (doubtful)

Donger
12-20-2006, 01:43 PM
just because someone didn't go to school and get a degree, doesn't mean they aren't totally capable of doing a certain job.

I know plenty of people that I have class with that are total ****ing retards and I cannot believe they are actually in college.

In fact, I bet a lot of them get better grades than I do, too...because they are more dedicated.

Or, perhaps your ability to judge the capabilities of others isn't as accurate as you think it is.

Bob Dole
Hey its a different era now. If the MOOO and Africa web cam threads don't make it into the hall, what can?

Everything went to shit when that sellout Phobia guy left.

Short Leash Hootie
If I were promised 20K, I think I'd start severing Athan's fingers until he paid up.
I wrote a few articles over there, and then was 'fired' because I would turn them all in at midnight, which was apparently too late...

I can assure you that site is total shit, if you didn't already know. Phobia opened up the 'premium' stuff for me, and Nick's '5 to bench' article was the worst ****ing article on that site. He's an idiot.

The message boards are dead, dark, ugly and filled with total morons (and I know many think I fit that category as well, but at least I can spell...)

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Or, perhaps your ability to judge the capabilities of others isn't as accurate as you think it is.
Perhaps.

But I doubt it. I might be an arrogant, uninformed asshole...but I have a lot of common sense.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:46 PM

Ironic you should mention him. Turns out he was a productive member of Warpaint with several hundred posts. He outed himself to me yesterday and apologized for his behavior on the Planet - said he was sorry to see I was leaving Warpaint and that I had done a good job on the project.

No, I won't tell you who he is. I'm hoping they make him a moderator. Heh heh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 01:46 PM

While there is truth in this statement, the odds of him getting his foot in anywhere other than the blogosphere is very, very slim. Why? because there are going to be several other people with equal talent who have a piece of sheepskin that they can fall back on. Take it for what you will, but in the professional world, that means quite a lot.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I'll try. I suspect Nick spooked the source so I never did get the entire story.

The weekend Huard injured his groin, a member posted a thread asking that somebody contact him immediately - he had HUGE news. I contacted him but he wanted to talk with the "Insider". So Nick contacted him. When I asked Nick about it on Sunday he said the kid thought he had a line on whether Huard was gonna play or not. That didn't make sense to me so I contacted the kid myself. He told me that a Chiefs player had left a playbook in a local hotel room and that his friend had it. His friend thought he could get something for it, like maybe a reward or something.... He gave me pictures of the book so we knew it was the real thing. When I confronted Nick about it he said he lied to me to because it had become a criminal matter and that the playbook had been stolen. He issued a "gag" order about the playbook and never said anything else about it.

Thanks that is an interesting story. I wonder who the player was? IIRC LJ has lost he playbook before.

Athan is an idiot for killing that story there is nothing criminal about it.

JazzzLovr
12-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Ironic you should mention him. Turns out he was a productive member of Warpaint with several hundred posts. He outed himself to me yesterday and apologized for his behavior on the Planet - said he was sorry to see I was leaving Warpaint and that I had done a good job on the project.

LMAO

chiefforlife
12-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks that is an interesting story. I wonder who the player was? IIRC LJ has lost he playbook before.

The only thing criminal is the Player who lost it, falsely reported it stolen.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:50 PM
While there is truth in this statement, the odds of him getting his foot in anywhere other than the blogosphere is very, very slim. Why? because there are going to be several other people with equal talent who have a piece of sheepskin that they can fall back on. Take it for what you will, but in the professional world, that means quite a lot.
I understand that, and I ****ing hate it, too.

Now, I know I couldn't be a doctor, or lawyer, or anything that requires ACTUAL training...

But for what I want to do, I could do it right now, be pretty damn good at it, and I don't need a fuggin' degree to prove that.

It's just a shame I have to waste thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on a 'college education' that I don't even need.

Plus, I go to a shithole university that has zero credibility other than the fact all of the bitches have VD.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM

What is Athan thinking? Killing a negative story just to remain in the organization's favor? Threatened by someone who actually had a "scoop" instead of some made-up nugget of the week?

If the idiot would have ran it and let his publication take credit for breaking the story they could have gotten a priceless amount of publicity - and credibility, which is pretty effing hard to come by when you are Nick Athan. Instead he killed it to maintain a smiley face, I'm-ok-you're-ok, yay Chiefs party line? So much for integrity, to say nothing of business sense. I'd expect this out of the Chinese government or something, but it doesn't make sense for him on any level. Why would you turn down an opportunity like that? It could have helped his magazine turn the corner.

Why does he need to curry favor with the Chiefs' organization anyway? All he gets is bogus information, if anyone really gives him information at all. (doubtful)

I totally agree with you Cochise. It doesn't make any sense to me. The only thing that I can think of is that WPI is the only Internet site that has media credentials with the Chiefs and he doesn't want to lose that. From what I understand from TJ the Broncos won't let his site have media credentials so maybe the NFL is really discouraging Internet media outlets.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:52 PM
The only thing criminal is the Player who lost it, falsely reported it stolen.

LMAO

That even makes it more of a story.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:53 PM

Well, Athan reported it to NFL Security and they started chasing the guy who found the book. Their position was that it said "Property of the Chiefs" on the front so the "perp" should have just returned it.

Cochise

Now, I know I couldn't be a doctor, or lawyer, or anything that requires ACTUAL training...

But for what I want to do, I could do it right now, be pretty damn good at it, and I don't need a fuggin' degree to prove that.

It's just a shame I have to waste thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on a 'college education' that I don't even need.

Plus, I go to a shithole university that has zero credibility other than the fact all of the bitches have VD.

Yeah, it's easy to look at a journalist and say, "I could do that", just because you know how to use a keyboard. There's more to it. We'd see how long you would last.

bogie

I'm guessing you're a freshman. :)

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, Athan reported it to NFL Security and they started chasing the guy who found the book. Their position was that it said "Property of the Chiefs" on the front so the "perp" should have just returned it.

LMAO so Athan is a nark now too? How the **** do you turn in your ****ing source? Un****ingbelivable. God someone needs to squash his ass.

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM

At a JUCO to boot!

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, it's easy to look at a journalist and say, "I could do that", just because you know how to use a keyboard. There's more to it. We'd see how long you would last.
well...

That's fine.

Everything I've written has been done without quotes...

If I had access to the postgame press conference and player interviews it would've been a little different.

I used to write a weekly column for the Bulls, too...

I'm not saying I'm any good...I enjoy sports and I enjoy trying to look as if I know what's going on...

Besides, who ever said I wanted to be a journalist, anyways?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 01:56 PM

On the bright side, the college experience does have a way of separating the wheat from the chaff. If someone can't make it to class twice a week, what are the odds that they are going to be a trustworthy or dependable employee?

I used to hold your exact thoughts, but teaching college students has actually morphed my feelings towards them somewhat. No one is going to do what they love *all* the time, but when some people show up and get their shit done on the less than palatable things, it reveals a great deal about their sticktuitiveness and drive. Although there are also definitely sheeple there who just do it because it is handed down from an authority figure (like me....scary), for the most part, it is a fairly productive sifting process.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 01:57 PM

That was my position on the issue. Virtually word for word. Fans don't take him seriously and (IMO) neither does the Chiefs front office. He doesn't have a journalist mentality. He just wants to snuggle up and spoon.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 01:58 PM
No, I'm a senior.

Anyone who says college is 'tough', isn't college material.

Let me rephrase that...

Anyone who says Illinois State is 'tough', isn't college material.

My GPA might not be the greatest, but I go out 3-5 times a week, get shitty ass drunk, hardly every study, and I'm doing just fine.

Bob Dole
12-20-2006, 01:58 PM

**** off and stuff, okay? OKAY???

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 02:00 PM
No, I'm a senior.

Anyone who says college is 'tough', isn't college material.

Let me rephrase that...

Anyone who says Illinois State is 'tough', isn't college material.

My GPA might not be the greatest, but I go out 3-5 times a week, get shitty ass drunk, hardly every study, and I'm doing just fine.

You should have went to Eastern Illinois, producer of NFL coaches, Tony Romo, and porn star Calli Cox.

Donger

Hell, you CAN perform surgery with kitchen utensils after watching some TV shows, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Short Leash Hootie
On the bright side, the college experience does have a way of separating the wheat from the chaff. If someone can't make it to class twice a week, what are the odds that they are going to be a trustworthy or dependable employee?

I used to hold your exact thoughts, but teaching college students has actually morphed my feelings towards them somewhat. No one is going to do what they love *all* the time, but when some people show up and get their shit done on the less than palatable things, it reveals a great deal about their sticktuitiveness and drive. Although there are also definitely sheeple there who just do it because it is handed down from an authority figure (like me....scary), for the most part, it is a fairly productive sifting process.
And that's where we totally agree...

And I bring that very point every time I go on my little rant about college.

If someone has the motivation to make it to every class, study for every test, read every chapter...chances are, they're going to make it as something, somewhere.

Me...

If I'm in my Madden groove and I have class in 10 minutes, you can pretty much count on me not going to class.

We'll see how this unfolds once I step into the 'real' world.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 02:02 PM
You should have went to Eastern Illinois, producer of NFL coaches, Tony Romo, and porn star Calli Cox.
Yeah...

My stepdad lived in the same dorm with Sean Payton back in his EIU days.

My oldest sister went to EIU, my other sister went to the U of I, and I split time between ISU and the U of I...

EIU pretty much sucks, though. I checked out their campus down in Charleston, totally gay...

I grew up in Champaign, so I grew tired of the U of I scene...

ISU was a good change-up.

Donger
12-20-2006, 02:02 PM

Reservations at your folks' basement may be wise precaution.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Reservations at your folks' basement may be wise precaution.
I'm already a professional 10/20 limit player!!!

I have plenty of money to live on my own, for, at least another 18 months!

Haha...

All kidding aside, I'm not ever going to move home. I'll be a guy on the couch somewhere before that ever happens.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2006, 02:06 PM
And that's where we totally agree...

And I bring that very point every time I go on my little rant about college.

If someone has the motivation to make it to every class, study for every test, read every chapter...chances are, they're going to make it as something, somewhere.

Me...

If I'm in my Madden groove and I have class in 10 minutes, you can pretty much count on me not going to class.

Word to the wise...don't give your profs excuses when you miss class. You can tell them that you missed, but don't say that an African worm burrowed in your eye and left you unable to see for a day or something.

burt
12-20-2006, 02:07 PM
HOF material....but Mooo thread was funnier.....

Taco John
12-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Looking at this thread, I have to say, I cannot believe how stupid Scout and Athen are. All the credibilty they built up in one year is getting completely demolished. This thing is spinning out of control for them

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Word to the wise...don't give your profs excuses when you miss class. You can tell them that you missed, but don't say that an African worm burrowed in your eye and left you unable to see for a day or something.
I hear ya...

One of my roommates does that shit...but he's an idiot.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Looking at this thread, I have to say, I cannot believe how stupid Scout and Athen are. All the credibilty they built up in one year is getting completely demolished. This thing is spinning out of control for them

**** Athan I hope goes bankrupt and closes the site.

Iowanian
I've got a handful of Ts that say "property of the Chiefs"

they don't own any of them.

I hope the kid told them to get stuffed, and sold it to Cleveland if they did that.

Short Leash Hootie
Yeah...

I actually checked in on that site once a day or so...

Mainly because of Phil and GoChiefs...

It has potential...they need to make their message board lighter, though. It's too dark and clustered, and it makes me want to induce vomit all over myself.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 02:14 PM

Looking at this thread, I wonder how much credibility was built up at all. It appears as though everybody knew Athan was untrustworthy except for me.

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey Phildo.....I'm hosting a snipe hunt jan 15th.

They can see thick clothes, so you'd better just wear a sweatshirt. Bring a nice burlap bag.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
He is being awfully nice I guess he realizes he maybe ****ed

ChiefsInsider said:

Chieffolife what will be watered down? Give me examples?

PastrMikeH your post won't come down. Everyone has an opinion.

I don't dislike Phil at all. Quite the contrary to be honest with you. We just don't see eye to eye and that's it.

Did I make some mistakes. Yes I did. Did he, yes he did but our intent was good but our delivery with each other was poor.

We're two strong willed gents and sometimes that works and sometimes that doesn't.

I don't and won't have a bad thing to say about Phil Kloster. I think he's a solid person and when the anger and disppointment subsides I hope we can sit down and talk it out.

I will always leave the door open for his return.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey Phildo.....I'm hosting a snipe hunt jan 15th.

They can see thick clothes, so you'd better just wear a sweatshirt. Bring a nice burlap bag.

I'm definitely in for that, man. I should bring the beer too, right? Awesome.

Taco John
12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Looking at this thread, I wonder how much credibility was built up at all. It appears as though everybody knew Athan was untrustworthy except for me.

People tried to tell you Phil. A person who is that untrustworthy in his reporting surely carries that over into other areas of his life.

I can't believe Scout is allowing him to represtent their brand. What a joke.

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 02:22 PM
This is the part I have never understood.

Taco John
For what it's worth though, Phil. I had put some credibility in the site just for the fact that you were so passionate about the project. I don't see anything redeeming in them now. Not that they care what I think. But for your sake, I thought I'd mention it.

Phobia

So that means a check is in the mail? Awesome.

The post office hates Nick Athan. They lose most of the mail he drops off there. It's very strange.

Iowanian
Random thoughts.

no way zach has carnal knowlege of that chic.

HOF? This is entertaining, but I don't think it qualifies as an all time great......another fact: The keyboard of doom has never inspired a HoF thread.

Hootie is right on this....College is easier than it should be. Unless you're going to be something that really requires you to "LEARN" all the material(like my friends in Vet school)......its not that tough.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 02:26 PM
So that means a check is in the mail? Awesome.

The post office hates Nick Athan. They lose most of the mail he drops off there. It's very strange.

If it is worth it to you then sue his ass but that does take time and money and then more money. I would probably sue just because I could plus you have a written contract.

Bob Dole
12-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Bob Dole wonders whether Nick is leaving the front door or the back door open.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Random thoughts.

no way zach has carnal knowlege of that chic.

HOF? This is entertaining, but I don't think it qualifies as an all time great......another fact: The keyboard of doom has never inspired a HoF thread.

Hootie is right on this....College is easier than it should be. Unless you're going to be something that really requires you to "LEARN" all the material(like my friends in Vet school)......its not that tough.
Word. And, wow...never thought I'd see the day.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 02:29 PM

Scout has what a couple hundred plus sites? I highly doubt they care as long as he makes money for them.

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM

You wanna know why?

Because the people that run the Chiefs try to keep everything out of the possible national spotlight, that's why.

If a story broke that a player lost the playbook, it would be big news and the Chiefs would look like dopes.

They care more about their organizational image than anything, which is BS.

The people that run the Chiefs would never, ever survive in a major market like LA, NY, Chicago because they'd be torn to bits every week and would have to put a smile on their face when dealing with the media.

Why else do you think Carl Peterson had a personal issue with Jason Whitlock? Why when I wrote that Tony Gonzalez was a dickbag because of an incident at training camp on a message board did NFL Security contact me about it?

It's because the Chiefs think they can get away with bullying everyone when they are a big fish in a small pond.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 02:47 PM
You wanna know why?

Because the people that run the Chiefs try to keep everything out of the possible national spotlight, that's why.

If a story broke that a player lost the playbook, it would be big news and the Chiefs would look like dopes.

The people that run the Chiefs would never, ever survive in a major market like LA, NY, Chicago because they'd be torn to bits every week and would have to put a smile on their face when dealing with the media.

Why else do you think Carl Peterson had a personal issue with Jason Whitlock? Why when I wrote that Tony Gonzalez was a dickbag because of an incident at training camp on a message board did NFL Security contact me about it?

It's because the Chiefs think they can get away with bullying everyone when they are a big fish in a small pond.
NFL Security?!?!

Hahaha...is that like the mob?!

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
The dude makes some videos that are as good as anything put out by NFL films. Thats skillz in my book

HA.

While they are good, they aren't shit compared to NFL Films.

I was able to see how NFL Films made videos for 5 months back in 04 and their work is ridiculous.

ROYC75
12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Bob Dole wonders whether Nick is leaving the front door or the back door open.

He said he would leave the ( red ) light on ...........

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
NFL Security?!?!

Hahaha...is that like the mob?!

That was my first reaction as well.

I laughed so hard at the guy that I nearly had a heart attack.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 02:50 PM
That was my first reaction as well.

I laughed so hard at the guy that I nearly had a heart attack.
That is SUPER funny...

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 02:52 PM

What a crock of shit.

NFL Security is a ****ing joke.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Calcountry
12-20-2006, 02:52 PM
http://mb31.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=18318.topicIf any of you think you can help out on the writing side of things, drop me an email at bfett81@gmail.com. No promises but we're always looking for new talent.

Boba Fett 81 ROFLMAO!

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 02:54 PM
You wanna know why?

I remember reading something back in 04 ....... like this.

Some one went to Training Camp back in 04 and had a problem with Tony G because they he was being a prick and dyssing this guy and his kid. The guys kid wanted Tony G's autograph and he (TonyG) pretty much just walked off and didn't pay attention to this guy asking him politely but loudly that he wanted an autograph for his kid.

Was that YOU?......

.....Or just someone else that was slighted by Gonzalez?

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Why when I wrote that Tony Gonzalez was a dickbag because of an incident at training camp on a message board did NFL Security contact me about it?

MORE! MORE!

I remember the "88 is a dickbag to fans".....Tell about the rest. What did they say....why?

Cochise
12-20-2006, 02:55 PM
If any of you think you can help out on the writing side of things, drop me an email at bfett81@gmail.com. No promises but we're always looking for new talent.

Boba Fett 81 ROFLMAO!

That's effing classic!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Calcountry
12-20-2006, 02:57 PM
I didn't stab anyone in the back. Phil is still my bestest buddy.No, that would be Jar Jar Binks.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Phil, make me one promise...because we're such good friends...

If you ever become a moderator again, LET ME POST SOME THREADS!!!!! HYEAHHH!

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
MORE! MORE!

I remember the "88 is a dickbag to fans".....Tell about the rest. What did they say....why?
"We're concerned why you would put this on a message board,"

"Why were you there, why did you have the right to have press access,"

"Why do you think you have the right to post something like that on the internet?"

"What type of experience do you have that you think you deserve to be at Training camp."

There was more, but it was almost 3 years ago. What truly sucked was that I was trying to get a job at NFL Films after my internship and magically, that fell through. I attribute that in large part to NFL Security likely calling them.

What sucked was that I was doing the gig just for experience and that the paper that sent me there, the Platte-County Landmark were called by NFL Security too and were involved. I had a good relationship with those dudes there, but after that, I haven't heard from them since.

Truth be told, after that incident, my love and passion for the Chiefs went down quite a bit.

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I remember reading something back in 04 ....... like this.

Some one went to Training Camp back in 04 and had a problem with Tony G because they he was being a prick and dyssing this guy and his kid. The guys kid wanted Tony G's autograph and he (TonyG) pretty much just walked off and didn't pay attention to this guy asking him politely but loudly that he wanted an autograph for his kid.

Was that YOU?......

.....Or just someone else that was slighted by Gonzalez?

Wasn't me.

I was in the commons area near where the players ate lunch and I saw Tony and Todd Collins mocking the little kids voices that were trying to get them to sign an autograph.

That set my soul on fire.

Kerberos
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Wasn't me.

I was in the commons area near where the players ate lunch and I saw Tony and Todd Collins mocking the little kids voices that were trying to get them to sign an autograph.

So all of this "Shop with a Jock" and "Its all about the kids" poop we read about Tony is just whitewash?

Sounds so typical! :shake:

If I would have heard them mocking kid voices I would have went off too.

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
What a gaggle of dickbags.

tomahawk kid
12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
It's par for the course with Tony.

Most of the other players will at least sign autographs SOME of the time.

If you go to training camp, you'll definitely get a better idea of each players true colors - good and bad.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Yep. Life just hasn't had time to kick his ass enough yet.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Wasn't me.

that's a shame.

That Todd Collins autograph oughtta be worth SOMETHIN'!

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 03:23 PM
So all of this "Shop with a Jock" and "Its all about the kids" poop we read about Tony is just whitewash?

Sounds so typical! :shake:

If I would have heard them mocking kid voices I would have went off too.

I didn't say anything there. I was so pissed that I wanted to write a column about it, but thought against it to protect my career.

Little did I know. In retrospect, I should have just kept my mouth shut.

But part of me wanted to debunk this theory that TG is one of the "NFL's good guys".

The Bad Guy
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
that's a shame.

That Todd Collins autograph oughtta be worth SOMETHIN'!

Actually, I should have worded it differently.

Collins was mocking the kids asking for TG's autograph.

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM

Why does it not surprise me that Athan makes 2 mistakes trying to get the letter alignment in my name right?

Kan eye git a gob righting two?

Mile High Mania
12-20-2006, 03:30 PM
No Phobia and More GoatCheese... that has to be a recipe for greatness. Wow, very interesting. So, I know I've been MIA around here, but ... has Clayton's role over at WPI made him less visible around here?

Calcountry
12-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Welcome Back Phil!

work safe

http://livedigital.com/content/400424/

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 03:32 PM
No Phobia and More GoatCheese... that has to be a recipe for greatness. Wow, very interesting. So, I know I've been MIA around here, but ... has Clayton's role over at WPI made him less visible around here?
No.

JazzzLovr
12-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Why does it not surprise me that Athan makes 2 mistakes trying to get the letter alignment in my name right?

Kan eye git a gob righting two?

LMAO

Mile High Mania
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
No.

Ahh, that's too bad...

Phobia
12-20-2006, 03:38 PM
The thread title is actually inaccurate, fwiw. Gochiefs is not becoming the admin on that site.

Fruit Ninja
12-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Ahh, that's too bad...
lol, He's not going a damn place if you havent learned by now. He act like a 10 year old here, and then his age over there. His double personality has to kick in.

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I didn't say anything there. I was so pissed that I wanted to write a column about it, but thought against it to protect my career.

Little did I know. In retrospect, I should have just kept my mouth shut.

But part of me wanted to debunk this theory that TG is one of the "NFL's good guys".
I met Tony G one time. He couldn't have been nicer. He was introduced to about 15 of us when he arrived. About and hour and a half later when we took this picture he remembered my name.
http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/images/DougandTony.jpg

Phobia
12-20-2006, 03:51 PM
I met Tony G one time. He couldn't have been nicer. He was introduced to about 15 of us when he arrived. About and hour and a half later when we took this picture he remembered my name.

Insert Big Red Chief joke here.

Jenson71
12-20-2006, 03:51 PM

You should have heard what he said after you left.

;)

SPchief
12-20-2006, 03:52 PM

I'm sure it wasn't hard for him to remember the large guy with red hair, and freckles.

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
HOw is this for Funny....and ironic.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/12/19/dawes_from_the_mailbagrd/

Q: What I actually like about the Chiefs site articles is that although I expect them to be pro-Chiefs, they at least offer some proof.

RUFUS DAWES: The rule around here is you must offer evidence for what you write. High moral pronouncements of the importance of accountability are to be welcomed and, indeed, trumpeted, but then it would do wonders for your reputation if you actually were to be accountable for the comments you have made. Few too many conventional media are, especially of the broadcast stripe.

big nasty kcnut
12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Well nick alton should never get chiefs access cause all he does is be one sided. He don't see both side of team.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Maybe he just got done screwing Jessica Conseco?

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Insert Big Red Chief joke here.
I'm glad to be fodder for your amusement :p

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I met Tony G one time.

"Holy shit, Danny Bonaducci is gonna eat me"

DaFace
12-20-2006, 04:02 PM

I'm guessing smed1065. He certainly seems to fit the personality.

Calcountry
12-20-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm just gonna hang out for a while. The year as Nick's jester took a lot of passion out of me. The Chiefs haven't helped. I guess we'll see what happens. I'd like nothing more than to kick the crap out of Nick's site but that's the bruised ego talking. If it makes sense for me and for my family I'll consider it.

I'm actually considering legal action against Nick still. I was on a shared profit compensation plan and he has yet to show me the books. I'm gonna have to subpoena them to gain access. I guess my lawyer is gonna have to tell me if it would be worth the effort.Suing people is like Nick Athan's mom, whenever anything bad happens, she is always there ready to jump you for a shot at the "big one", but it is she that is the only winner after she takes your cash, she goes away to jump the next victim.

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2006, 04:12 PM

I don't think the world is ready for:

Hootie: starring in:

The Anal Chronicles I

WilliamTheIrish
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
.....I'm not ever going to move home. I'll be a guy on the couch somewhere before that ever happens.

Shit. Too late....

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Kendall Gammon!?

Hahahahahaha. That's rich.

What is your beef with Gammon? He's got a book out.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 04:19 PM

I have zero interest in becoming a professional sportswriter.

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 04:22 PM
At least I don't have people wanting to punch me in the nose at every game. :harumph:

Phobia
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
At least I don't have people wanting to punch me in the nose at every game. :harumph:

Uh - I've hung out with you. I get the feeling your own wife wants to punch you in the nose at every game. ;)

Calcountry
12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Yup. Phil killed his father, married his mother, and he's now about to gouge his eyes out. Phobius Rex.No, that would be Redrum.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Uh - I've hung out with you. I get the feeling your own wife wants to punch you in the nose at every game. ;)
It looks like she would need a step ladder.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA - they banned my freaking IP.

Awesome.

morphius
12-20-2006, 08:23 PM

Awesome.
LMAO!!!

BigRedChief
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
She's just pissed because I'm spending $3K on Chiefs tickets instead of diamonds for her

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure why Phil was banned. He certainly didn't post anything ban worthy.

ChiTown
12-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Amazing.

I'm guessing this dumbass thread is going to rival the girly pic thread for number of posts.

Pathetic. Let's get our fkn priorities straight.....

Phobia
12-20-2006, 08:30 PM
LMAO!!!

I hadn't even posted since early, early this afternoon so it couldn't have been something I said.

I think it's hilarious.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I banned myself from there a year ago. Who would want to go that shithole?

DaFace
12-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure why Phil was banned. He certainly didn't post anything ban worthy.

It could be that the site is run by the biggest douche in the universe, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Amazing.

I'm guessing this dumbass thread is going to rival the girly pic thread for number of posts.

Pathetic. Let's get our fkn priorities straight.....

Nah - we'll all lose interest about any moment now.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
She's just pissed because I'm spending $3K on Chiefs tickets instead of diamonds for her

I'd probably be in trouble as well.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Diamonds. Pfft. I can't believe anyone would be interested in shiny rocks over eight Sundays of awesome entertainment. I'll never understand women.

ChiTown
12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
I banned myself from there a year ago. Who would want to go that shithole?

ditto.

That place is a cesspool, governed (amazingly) by turds.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Diamonds. Pfft. I can't believe anyone would be interested in shiny rocks over eight Sundays of awesome entertainment. I'll never understand women.
You'll never get close enough.

Simplex3
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Diamonds are a BS racket. Women say they want three things in a diamond: cut, color, and clarity. Cubic zirconium kicks even the finest diamond's asses in all three for fat less money, yet a woman is all pissed off when you buy her the CZ. Why? Simple. The real thing she's looking for is how much of your hard earned cash you're willing to throw away just to appease her. It's an indicator on how well you'll lay down and roll over later in the relationship.

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Phobia, sorry to hear about what actually happened over at WPI.

I am now a "ChiefsPlanet N00b". Take your shots!!!1!111!!one

Formerly HutchJayhawk, now Mr. Plow.

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 08:40 PM
thanks dirk. im getting sick of the ppl on WPI so might start coming here. ill check out what u guys got goin on here

I know I'm wasn't one of those........Nevermind, I'm sure I was.

Simplex3
12-20-2006, 08:41 PM

Quick hint: Take the n00b beatings with a smile, learn your CP Lexicon, and you'll find this to be a nice place to hang.

Now, go put some antifreeze out for yourself.

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 08:41 PM

Don't forget the 2 preseason games we pay full price for and get stuck with......

Whatta value!

ENDelt260
12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
If I offered you $20k to leave ChiefsPlanet today you'd be gone in a second. Don't act like there's some higher calling to being a member of the Planet.
Start passing a hat.

DaFace
12-20-2006, 08:42 PM

Welcome, Hutch. I honestly don't really care for the personalities of many of Warpaint's posters, so I've never spent much time over there. However, I've always gotten a kick out of your posts. As long as you aren't too thin skinned and aren't an idiot, you should be fine here. :D

Phobia
12-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh Plow can definitely take a beating. He has a quality sense of humor.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Diamonds are a BS racket. Women say they want three things in a diamond: cut, color, and clarity. Cubic zirconium kicks even the finest diamond's asses in all three for fat less money, yet a woman is all pissed off when you buy her the CZ. Why? Simple. The real thing she's looking for is how much of your hard earned cash you're willing to throw away just to appease her. It's an indicator on how well you'll lay down and roll over later in the relationship.

LMAO

Awesome. This is another thread in and of itself.

88TG88
12-20-2006, 08:46 PM
mr plow huh. well hutch if you stick around ill stay as well

Simplex3
12-20-2006, 08:50 PM
mr plow huh. well hutch if you stick around ill stay as well
I'll do it if you will? WTF? Does the TG in 88TG88 stand for "The Gash"?

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Start passing a hat.

I can't believe it took 8 hours for this to be said......

Then again, I can't believe it's taken me this long to Google Calli Cox....

http://eiuhalloffame.com/callicox/index.html

I love the line on the top of the page:

"What do you do with an elementary education degree from EIU? Why, porn of course!"

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 08:52 PM

All I have to do is go over there and post a topic with "TOM CASH" as the subject line. But i'm too lazy.

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Quick hint: Take the n00b beatings with a smile, learn your CP Lexicon, and you'll find this to be a nice place to hang.

Now, go put some antifreeze out for yourself.

n00b beatings? Anyone seen my padded suit?

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Welcome, Hutch. I honestly don't really care for the personalities of many of Warpaint's posters, so I've never spent much time over there. However, I've always gotten a kick out of your posts. As long as you aren't too thin skinned and aren't an idiot, you should be fine here. :D

Well, I'm screwed already. What do I get if I'm an idiot?

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 08:54 PM
What is your beef with Gammon? He's got a book out.
Nothing...

But I wouldn't exactly brag that you have a career long snapper writing an article for your magazine...

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 08:54 PM

Awesome.
Proxy it up!

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 08:56 PM
http://www.ufaq.org/banned.gif

Simplex3
CP Lexicon lesson #1:

You're an idiot = Your and idiot

morphius
I hadn't even posted since early, early this afternoon so it couldn't have been something I said.

I think it's hilarious.
Oh I guarantee it is what you said here. Especially after he went out of his way to pay you all that cash...

Phobia
Proxy it up!

I doubt it's worth the effort.

OnTheWarpath58

First, a lesson in CP Lexicon 101:

Your and idiot......

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 08:57 PM
I think Athan was keeping the door open for you Phobes?!?!??!

ANOTHER LIE! Maaaan!!!

"Life is certainly raining shit on that little boy!"

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I doubt it's worth the effort.
Yeah, I hear ya Phill...

You're better off here, anyways...

That message board is crap and you know it.

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 08:58 PM
CP Lexicon lesson #1:

You're an idiot = Your and idiot

CP Lexicon lesson number #2

DAMNIT CARL! :cuss:

Thanks Simplex...that's what I get for going to get a Coke.......

jspchief
12-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm not willing to read through the last 30 or so pages so can someone answer this?

Has Athan responded here yet?

Iowanian
12-20-2006, 09:01 PM
not here.

not worth mentioning there.

Brock
12-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I can't believe anybody anywhere pays to read that shit. Even less so now that Cliche Clayton has a larger role.

Fruit Ninja
12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I can't believe anybody anywhere pays to read that shit. Even less so now that Cliche Clayton has a larger role.
I would nope no one pays to read any so called "insider info" I listen to the pod casts cause they are pretty good. Thats about all i do over there though.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Phobia opened up my account for the premium stuff...

Athan should pay US to read his '5 to bench' column...

It's ****ing DUMB.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 09:05 PM

Hi, n00b.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 09:06 PM
...and we could win 90-0 and Nuge would find something negative about someone...for being a 'professional', he isn't very good. I'd take any of GoChiefs' articles over his shit, too.

Fruit Ninja
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm not willing to read through the last 30 or so pages so can someone answer this?

Has Athan responded here yet?
He will not respond here, He will get nailed over here. I think he's not that dumb.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 09:08 PM
...and we could win 90-0 and Nuge would find something negative about someone...for being a 'professional', he isn't very good. I'd take any of GoChiefs' articles over his shit, too.

I think you're unfairly labeling him as a negative writer. He's been saying good things all year, mostly about some of the younger players like Jarrad Page. He's in the locker room after almost every game, road games included. He was in San Diego last weekend.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Phobia opened up my account for the premium stuff...

Athan should pay US to read his '5 to bench' column...

It's ****ing DUMB.

If he doesn't include "Nick Athan" as his top 5 entries in this week's column there is no justice.

FWIW, a couple of weeks ago it was "4" to bench because he went into this rant about Terdell Sands and how he played for Kansas. We just whacked it and reduced it to four that week.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 09:09 PM
man you are ****ing stupid. Who gives a flying **** what someone posts on this board?! LMAO
I do you dumbf*ck! When every other post from the dude was pimping that site. Why don't you take a flying leap into a vat of acid and do the world a favor you waste of life! Keep your comments to yourself, I wasn't talking to you and yes this f*cking site has rules the last I checked.

GoChiefs was originally banned from Chiefsplanet for spamming the shit out of this board and I was one of the people that was affected by it. Why don't you spend a little more time on this board before you try and become king? F*ckhead! maybe you could go back and read some threads and maybe learn a thing or two. Or maybe you could just go play in the f*cking freeway!

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 09:10 PM
First, a lesson in CP Lexicon 101:

Your and idiot......

What are you if you are the second one to explain something? Demoted?

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 09:11 PM
If he doesn't include "Nick Athan" as his top 5 entries in this week's column there is no justice.

FWIW, a couple of weeks ago it was "4" to bench because he went into this rant about Terdell Sands and how he played for Kansas. We just whacked it and reduced it to four that week.
ROFL

I still find it funny he feels the need to write two or three columns every Sunday...as if one wasn't enough.

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I think you're unfairly labeling him as a negative writer. He's been saying good things all year, mostly about some of the younger players like Jarrad Page. He's in the locker room after almost every game, road games included. He was in San Diego last weekend.

I'll come right out and say I know very little about WPI and it's goings on.

But I'm wondering how Nugent is going to road games and Phil gets paid $500?

I'm sure there's a logical explaination. Just curious.

Frazod
12-20-2006, 09:13 PM

Awesome.

Athan's not going to start calling us in the middle of the night, is he?

OnTheWarpath58
What are you if you are the second one to explain something? Demoted?

I'll let you be surprised when it happens. :)

Welcome to the Planet.

Short Leash Hootie
I do you dumbf*ck! When every other post from the dude was pimping that site. Why don't you take a flying leap into a vat of acid and do the world a favor you waste of life! Keep your comments to yourself, I wasn't talking to you and yes this f*cking site has rules the last I checked.

GoChiefs was originally banned from Chiefsplanet for spamming the shit out of this board and I was one of the people that was affected by it. Why don't you spend a little more time on this board before you try and become king? F*ckhead! maybe you could go back and read some threads and maybe learn a thing or two. Or maybe you could just go play in the f*cking freeway!
ROFL

Hahahahahaha.

You must be kidding me. It's a friggin' message board...if he wants to post a thread with a Chiefs article in it from WPI, so be it! We have friggin' links to WPI on the front friggin' page of ChiefsPlanet.

DON'T TELL ON GOCHIEFS YOU'LL MAKE HIM SAD!!

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
I'll come right out and say I know very little about WPI and it's goings on.

He's their 'professional' guy, or something...

Like I said, every article I saw from GoChiefs or Phil was every bit as good as anything Nuge ever wrote. Nuge has no flavor.

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 09:15 PM

LMAO

I think we can hit 1,000 tonight.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 09:16 PM

I don't remember Terdell Sands at KU. Are you sure it wasn't "Touchdown" Tony Sands?

NewChief
12-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't remember Teerdell Sands at KU. Are you sure it wasn't "Touchdown" Tony Sands?

Uhh, I think that's why Athan had to cut out the Sands part of the article. He had factual errors in it. Instead of rewriting, he just cut it out and made it "four to bench." A little slow on the uptake tonight, eh Skippy? Half your body numb again?

Count Alex's Losses
12-20-2006, 09:17 PM

They have different jobs. Nugent is in the locker room after most every game interviewing players, getting audio and writing post-game stories. Phobia was the message board administrator.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
LMAO

I think we can hit 1,000 tonight.
It'll be without me, I'm about 5 minutes away from going out and trying to contract VD...

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't remember Terdell Sands at KU. Are you sure it wasn't "Touchdown" Tony Sands?
That's the point...

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Call Mr. Plow, that's my name.....That name again is Mr. Plow"

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Ahhhhhh, we have a Simpson fan.....nice.

Phobia
12-20-2006, 09:20 PM

It was right after the Raiders game when Sands jumped offside a couple times. I can't imagine he'd get the Big Terd confused with a RB who played at KU 15 years ago - would he?

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2006, 09:21 PM
It was right after the Raiders game when Sands jumped offside a couple times. I can't imagine he'd get the Big Terd confused with a RB who played at KU 15 years ago - would he?
It's Nick friggin' Athan...what do you think?

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 09:24 PM
ROFL

Hahahahahaha.

You must be kidding me. It's a friggin' message board...if he wants to post a thread with a Chiefs article in it from WPI, so be it! We have friggin' links to WPI on the front friggin' page of ChiefsPlanet.

I've never sent a message to mod here ratting someone out, and if you actually read the posts before replying to them you would know I wasn't complaining about chiefs articles as a matter of fact it was everything but the articles. We don't need people here from other Chiefs board trying to lure members away from this board. Don't just skim over shit before you reply. Also this is none of your concern, I was throwing a warning at Gochiefs just that simple, if you don't like it then throw me on ignore.

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2006, 09:25 PM
They have different jobs. Nugent is in the locker room after most every game interviewing players, getting audio and writing post-game stories. Phobia was the message board administrator.

I get that.

I was getting at the assumption (on my part) that WPI spends money to send Nugent to road games, but only paid Phil $500 this year.

Again, not a big deal. Really, it's not even any of my business. Like I said, just curious.

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
I've never sent a message to mod here ratting someone out, and if you actually read the posts before replying to them you would know I wasn't complaining about chiefs articles as a matter of fact it was everything but the articles. We don't need people here from other Chiefs board trying to lure members away from this board. Don't just skim over shit before you reply. Also this is none of your concern, I was throwing a warning at Gochiefs just that simple, if you don't like it then throw me on ignore.

Who's luring who away? Don't mind me, I'm a n00b.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Who's luring who away? Don't mind me, I'm a n00b.
Who are you again?

Mr. Plow
12-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Who are you again?

I'm Mr. Plow. It's right there on the left of the screen in my posts.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm Mr. Plow. It's right there on the left of the screen in my posts.
I didn't get the memo. :shrug: