12-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Wow.

Does that mean we will never hear from Clayton anymore? PBJ :p

Phil are you coming back?

As the Planet turns...

http://www.warpaintillustrated.com/

Short Leash Hootie
12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
did he finally realize how terrible that website is?!

I think he would've came back sooner, but he has too much pride.

wutamess
12-19-2006, 10:12 PM
:spock:

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Honestly I hope it works out the best for both of them. I am not trying stir up anything. I just happened to go over there to see if anyone posted about Lamar's memorial today and saw the post from Nick.

Phil is a great person and that site went from nothing to something with him in charge.

wutamess
12-19-2006, 10:14 PM
WTF happened?
Is there a link or something?

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:16 PM
WTF happened?
Is there a link or something?

Unfortuntely you can't directly link to their threads like you can here

jAZ
12-19-2006, 10:18 PM

http://mb31.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=18318.topic

Nzoner
12-19-2006, 10:18 PM

You can copy and paste though

Changes at Warpaint Illustrated

As everyone has found out in this community, Phil Kloster has decided to leave Warpaint Illustrated. We will all miss his daily contributions and his efforts the past year were very much appreciated by the staff and the members on this forum.

We were unable to reach an agreement for 2007 and I remain open to trying to work out something down the road with Phil. But for now a break might be best for all of us. I am always open to Phil returning.

As we move forward into the new year, we are working on other changes most notably a change at the top of the Website.

Effective January 1st, 2007 Mike Nugent will become the Co- Publisher for Warpaint Illustrated.com. He will take over all the duties of running the website from the content to the message board community.

He will be assisted by Clayton Wendler on the content for the website and assist me with the Magazine.

We are looking for more moderators and any of you who are interested in becoming one or expanding your current roles, please get with Mike Nugent. Eventually we'd like to find someone to oversee the entire board under Mike's guidance.

As for yours truly, I am going to concentrate on the Magazine, the Podcast with Mike Campbell and some other marketing and advertising items that will increase our exposure at Warpaint Illustrated.com and Warpaint Illustrated the Magazine.

This will be our fifth year and we have some great things planned that will enhance your off season experience at Warpaint Illustrated.

We hope to bring you the best offseason coverage of the Kansas City Chiefs and we have some exciting things planned.

None of us thought the off season would come this early but it has so stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for the best Chiefs coverage anywhere.

Thanks

CI

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 10:19 PM
You've completely misinterpreted the situation. I'm not "in" at all. Phil has decided to leave Warpaint.

We're attempting to replace him with several individuals pitching in at the moment.

Thig Lyfe
12-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I thought it said "Phobia outs GoChiefs in WPI"

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:20 PM
http://mb31.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=18318.topic

How did you do that? It just shows http://www.warpaintillustrated.com/ for me.

cdcox
12-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Heh, the first "It won't be the same with out phobia" post has already appeared.

dirk digler
You've completely misinterpreted the situation. I'm not "in" at all. Phil has decided to leave Warpaint.

We're attempting to replace him with several individuals pitching in at the moment.

You ran him off didn't you. :p

I understand I am just messing with you guys. It is unfortunate that this had to happen.

Iowanian
Isn't that a shame.

Phildo....come on dooooooooooooown.

jspchief
Interesting.

They bring in Phil with hopes of attracting some people to and improving the message boards. Then a year later can't agree to terms.

Kind of sounds like Phobia got used.

Nzoner
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
You've completely misinterpreted the situation. I'm not "in" at all. Phil has decided to leave Warpaint. We're attempting to replace him with several individuals pitching in at the moment.

Unless drastic changes are made at One Arrowhead Drive,it's not going to matter who's at WPI or any other Chiefs publication.Get ready for a not so great "blast from the past"

Iowanian
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Phildo doesn't belong in the Jrhigh-madden club anyway.

This is home...well, online anyway.

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I think Phil saw the light

Phobia
Staff
(12/19/06 5:33:54 pm)
New Post Re: Timeout - www.scout.com Ladies and gentlemen,

Thank you for helping build a very cool Chiefs site over the past year. In my opinion, Warpaint jumped from 6th or 7th place in quality Chiefs websites to top 3. That's high praise.

My contract with Nick Athan expired a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately, I will not be returning to Warpaint Illustrated in 2007. Management and I could not reach an agreement and that's my fault. I have very low tolerance for mistakes in business and that makes me a difficult person with whom to work. I may be easy going on these boards, but I'm more vocally critical of Nick Athan than all of you combined behind the scenes. That does not bode well for a productive working relationship and since he's the publisher, I guess I'm the one who hits the road.

I still value the friendships I've made here so if you wish to drop me a message, feel free. Hopefully I'll see you guys around.

Warmest of Regards,

Phil
"Phobia"

the Talking Can
I'll miss the WPI spam

really

GoChiefs stabs him in the back...for a retard named Nick

Phobia
I came to love that site and the people there. But I'm not a big fan of Nick Athan. In fact, I dislike him very much. I fulfilled my year contract but I won't work with him again. I was foolish to jump into bed with him to begin with. I don't think I agreed with anything he did the entire year.

I still think Warpaint has a lot of potential for the future, but not as long as Nick Athan is a player. When he's out, maybe I'll go back. I'm embarrassed to have been affiliated with him for 365 days.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Unless drastic changes are made at One Arrowhead Drive,it's not going to matter who's at WPI or any other Chiefs publication.Get ready for a not so great "blast from the past"

I'm confused.

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:25 PM
I came to love that site and the people there. But I'm not a big fan of Nick Athan. In fact, I dislike him very much. I fulfilled my year contract but I won't work with him again. I was foolish to jump into bed with him to begin with. I don't think I agreed with anything he did the entire year.

I still think Warpaint has a lot of potential for the future, but not as long as Nick Athan is a player. When he's out, maybe I'll go back. I'm embarrassed to have been affiliated with him for 365 days.

Damn what did he do to piss you off or is he just stupid like he acts? I am glad that you left and I hope you can come back here.

GoodDaySir!
Well at least we don't have to see as much WPI spam and takes that defend Nick Athan.

Nzoner
I'm confused.

That doesn't surprise me

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 10:27 PM
It won't let me in.

Think it'll be on SportsCenter tonight?

ChiTown
12-19-2006, 10:28 PM
LOL

Gee, who woulda thunk that this would happen?

lmao predictable.

Phil! It was Nick Fkn Athan for chrissakes! It took you a whole year to figure out he was a raving fkn moron?

Iowanian
12-19-2006, 10:29 PM
We told you he was an asswipe.

I guess we figured out how that Brokeback mountain alternative ending played out....."i figured out how ta quit you Nick".

Get your ass back in here, vagina.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 10:31 PM
GoChiefs stabs him in the back...for a retard named Nick

I didn't stab anyone in the back. Phil is still my bestest buddy.

Sure-Oz
12-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Intersting

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I didn't stab anyone in the back. Phil is still my bestest buddy.

Gochiefs you should leave as well Athan is a ****tard.

tk13
12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Well, look on the bright side Phob, at least he spelled your name right.

Valiant
12-19-2006, 10:35 PM

Shows jaz's link also for me, you must be doing something wrong...

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Shows jaz's link also for me, you must be doing something wrong...

I figured it out. I actually have...I mean had an account their and I was logged in so when I logged out I could see the address. Now that is different.

Phobia
12-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Damn what did he do to piss you off or is he just stupid like he acts? I am glad that you left and I hope you can come back here.

What didn't he do?

He squashed stories. I stopped being invited to press events. I haven't sat in the press box all year. He didn't communicate with me. He hired a photographer instead of using Zach for free. He belittled my efforts and acted like my contributions to Warpaint were somehow less valuable than the others on staff. He paid me $500 for the year and then acted like that was too much.

Basically, he made a whole lot of promises he couldn't keep and I got sick of it. I decided I wasn't going to do it another year. So I told Nick to fire himself or I wasn't coming back.

He's a complete incompetent. If he managed a Dairy Queen, I'd be scared to feed the ice cream to my dog.

Sure-Oz
12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
But But....he's always on tv with jack harry and his round table discussion on why we suck!!!

Mecca
What didn't he do?

He squashed stories. I stopped being invited to press events. I haven't sat in the press box all year. He didn't communicate with me. He hired a photographer instead of using Zach for free. He belittled my efforts and acted like my contributions to Warpaint were somehow less valuable than the others on staff. He paid me $500 for the year and then acted like that was too much.

Basically, he made a whole lot of promises he couldn't keep and I got sick of it. I decided I wasn't going to do it another year. So I told Nick to fire himself or I wasn't coming back.

He's a complete incompetent. If he managed a Dairy Queen, I'd be scared to feed the ice cream to my dog.

He sounds like an award winner.......

ENDelt260
I love a good public online breakup.

Deberg_1990
Welcome Back Phil!

ChiTown
What didn't he do?

You left the Planet for $500? I feel dirty.......

Mecca
12-19-2006, 10:41 PM
But But....he's always on tv with jack harry and his round table discussion on why we suck!!!

Has old Jack gone into one of this ticket prices rants yet....I don't generally watch the news.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 10:42 PM
What didn't he do?

$500? There are 9 year old kids in South Africa making more than that a year.

Phobia
12-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Phil! It was Nick Fkn Athan for chrissakes! It took you a whole year to figure out he was a raving fkn moron?

Nah - I had it figured out a while back. But I wanted to finish my contract and see if he'd quit before me.

Phobia
12-19-2006, 10:43 PM
You left the Planet for $500? I feel dirty.......

It was supposed to be a helluva lot more than that.

Sure-Oz
Has old Jack gone into one of this ticket prices rants yet....I don't generally watch the news.
No not yet, it seemed the past few weeks it was just round table discussions on the same old shit on "whats goin on with these guyssss?" Same ole bs and Athan kept his 11-5 hopes but they were dashed a few weeks ago. I'm sure we'll hear about CP and the tickets soon enough.

ChiTown

ROFL ROFL ROFL

That was choice

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:44 PM
What didn't he do?

Damn I am truly sorry. I was really hoping that this would work out for you but you did the only thing that you could do and that was to leave.

Gochiefs are you listening? You need to leave WPI ASAP before you get ****ed over as well.

Mecca

You should have kicked him in the balls to get your moneys worth.

Chiefs Pantalones

ROFL That's tits!

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:45 PM

Didn't you have a contract? And doesn't Nick own WPI so why would he quit?

Phobia

Pretty insulting, huh? I wonder if we can get a sweat shop controversy going....

Chiefs Pantalones

He made you touch him didn't he?

Iowanian
12-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Just wait until he comes over here and posts a thread about how his New boyfriend gave him a "big surprise" for his birthday....a much bigger surprise than you.......

I'd like to see the arguement that ensues conducted within rules....I vote for either Conan Obrien's "IN the Yeeeeeeeear 2000" then make statement form....or 40year old virgin "you know how I know you're ghey" format(appropriate for the new assistant of publications e h)

Frazod
12-19-2006, 10:47 PM
You sold us out for $500? Damn, we might have been able to raise that much to keep you. Okay, probably not, but still..... :D

Mr. Kotter
12-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Well....

Good for Phil. Hopefully this means welcome back to the Planet.... ;)

Best wishes to Clayton. Just watch yourself over there. And keep the vasoline handy, as long as Nick's around.

Nick....well, if Phil can't stand you....well, you just must really suck shit, dude. :shake:

Welcome back, Phil. (Coming from me, that makes it official I think..... ;) )

Mecca

Maybe Phil thought he could drive him insane.....everytime I see Athan I always think he looks like a guy who's ready to just lose control and go to the nuthouse and at any moment.

Phobia

Yeah, I had a contract. But nothing was spelled correctly.

Sure-Oz
12-19-2006, 10:49 PM
ROFL

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 10:49 PM

Ouch...

LMAO

ROFL

ChiTown
12-19-2006, 10:50 PM

:)

I'm guessing the contract was written in crayon on a Big Chief Tablet no less............

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Pretty insulting, huh? I wonder if we can get a sweat shop controversy going....

Insulting? Kicking someone in the nuts is insulting.

Paying someone $500 a year is...well...whores get paid more than that!!!

Mecca
12-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey man whores can make 500 a night.

Iowanian
12-19-2006, 10:52 PM

Its sure not fair to the rest when that shit happens quietly behind closed doors, and doesn't blow up here in full view.

Something like that, would leave the board with no closure...

sure glad that never happens here.

Phobia
12-19-2006, 10:53 PM

Oh - thanks. You're helping me cope with this like a professional. You are a professional, aren't you?

|Zach|
12-19-2006, 10:53 PM
This initial move was obviously not made for the money...even when it was a higher amount.

Hopefully this works out better for everyone.

Mr. Kotter
12-19-2006, 10:54 PM

To think, there was a delusional moment or two last summer when I thought....instead of increasing my salary by $30K to become a principal, maybe....just maybe....I can write in my "spare" time from teaching and make half of that, and be happier....ROFL

Guess I made the right choice....heh.

|Zach|
12-19-2006, 10:54 PM
To think none of this would have to happen if CP had an owner that cared about anything that happens here.

ChiTown
12-19-2006, 10:55 PM
To think none of this would have to happen if CP had an owner that cared about anything that happens here.

OUCH!

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel........

the Talking Can
12-19-2006, 10:56 PM

it's like the genocide in Darfur

Mr. Kotter

Now, now....we do pretty well for his hobby. ;)

dirk digler
To think, there was a delusional moment or two last summer when I thought....instead of increasing my salary by $30K to become a principal, maybe....just maybe....I can write in my "spare" time from teaching and make half of that, and be happier....ROFL

So you are a principal now? Shit that is a scary thought. :p

Frazod
12-19-2006, 10:57 PM

So much for you being a mod :$2500:

Phobia
Wait a minute - we're kicking Nick and Phil in this thread. Let's not bring Kyle into it.

dirk digler

Actually I have been pleasantly surprised that stuff has actually gotten fixed. The server stays up and works pretty well during gameday.

Mecca

So as a principle do you find it amusing when a kid gets sent to the office for some stupid reason........that use to happen to me.

ENDelt260
I think Zach wants $500 in 07.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh - thanks. You're helping me cope with this like a professional. You are a professional, aren't you?

If I were you, I'd take that $500 you made, and go to his house and shove it up his ass.

I'm no Dr. Phil, but that's what I'd do.

Mecca
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM
If I were you, I'd take that $500 you made, and go to his house and shove it up his ass.

I'm no Dr. Phil, but that's what I'd do.

He should use the 500 to buy some paint and then paint Athans house.....plaid.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:00 PM
heh--goddamn, phil--you got the shaft from athan and co. and you're somehow shocked??

Mr. Kotter
12-19-2006, 11:00 PM
So as a principle do you find it amusing when a kid gets sent to the office for some stupid reason........that use to happen to me.

Students always think it's a stupid reason; once in awhile it actually is....one look at their file will tell you though. ;)

FTR, I'm 1-2 yrs away from the principal job; just dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" and figuring out where I want to be, first.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Here is my two cents not that it matters.

WPI had a major credibility problem-called Nick Athen. Solution-headhunt the driving force behind its main competition-typical corporate move. Yes this works in the short term, but WPI looks even worse now. Not only do they lose their most popular board presence, they lose ALL credibility from the Chiefs fans that never trusted him to start with. WPI will soon be just a bad dream.

dirk digler

You probably liked getting paddled

Mr. Kotter
So you are a principal now? Shit that is a scary thought. :p

Not yet. If not next year, then in 2008. That will give me 20 yrs in administration.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
He should use the 500 to buy some paint and then paint Athans house.....plaid.

LOL

Get up on his roof and draw a huge Arrowhead KC logo, except it's spelled "Kaycee"

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Students always think it's a stupid reason; once in awhile it actually is....one look at their file will tell you though. ;)

FTR, I'm 1-2 yrs away from the principal job; just dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" and figuring out where I want to be, first.

Rob is going to be a principal? Everyone hide their children

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:03 PM
LOL

Get up on his roof and draw a huge Arrowhead KC logo, except it's spelled "Kaycee"

LMAO

Mecca
12-19-2006, 11:03 PM
You probably liked getting paddled

They didn't do that when I was in school....

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:04 PM
so, the question that's begging to be asked... does phil get his mod powers back?? I say yes

Mecca

I once got sent there for saying I have to piss.....

Douche Baggins
That doesn't surprise me

What do the Chiefs have to do with Warpaint? They don't control us. What's this blast from the past?

Phobia
12-19-2006, 11:05 PM
No, no, no. I'm taking a break. I don't want any mod powers here.

ENDelt260
so, the question that's begging to be asked... does phil get his mod powers back?? I say yes
We can't afford his salary.

|Zach|
I think that would be great.

I also think he prob wouldn't be all that interested...but...I am not Phil.

dirk digler
What do the Chiefs have to do with Warpaint? They don't control us. What's this blast from the past?

Basically what he is saying is that the Chiefs are going to start to suck and we are headed back into the 80's Chiefs futility which means no one will give a shit about the Chiefs or WPI.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Gochiefs you should leave as well Athan is a ****tard.

Nick Athan's been pretty good to me. Warpaint is heading in a direction that I approve of.

|Zach|
Sure we could. Just don't go drinking the next two days.

Done.

Chiefs Pantalones

Phil gets more than that.

He also gets a $500 Warpaint Illustrated gift card.

ENDelt260
Sure we could. Just don't go drinking the next two days.

Done.
That's completely unreasonable.

Tribal Warfare
Phil is the only damn reason I checked that place out. Now, since their isn't any more ties to that POS website I can say freely that they all can **** off!!!!!!!

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, look on the bright side Phob, at least he spelled your name right.

Only after I edited it.... :)

Nzoner
12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Basically what he is saying is that the Chiefs are going to start to suck and we are headed back into the 80's Chiefs futility which means no one will give a shit about the Chiefs or WPI.

thank you

Nzoner
12-19-2006, 11:08 PM
That's completely unreasonable.

No shit,I'm not giving up 2 days beer money to help pay a mod.

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Nick Athan's been pretty good to me. Warpaint is heading in a direction that I approve of.

I wouldn't trust him but that is just me. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. Just be careful.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:09 PM

I'm pretty sure we can throw together a care package for him... let's see... some bubble gum, a sixer of cheap beer (PBR?), a pen that doesn't work anymore, and a greg manusky away jersey

Phobia
12-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah, that's another factor that makes me lose my lunch. He faithfully sends gochiefs his checks. In fact, gochiefs has made a significantly larger amount of money than I did on the Warpaint project.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Gochiefs are you listening? You need to leave WPI ASAP before you get ****ed over as well.

Dirk, as I said before, Nick's been pretty good to me.

Nzoner
12-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure we can throw together a care package for him... let's see... some bubble gum, a sixer of cheap beer (PBR?), a pen that doesn't work anymore, and a greg manusky away jersey

Surely we can add an Okoye autographed pic

jAZ
Go to forum page, and right click on the thread link. Choose copy link.

FAX
Sorry about all the problems, Mr. Phobia.

Although you are, no doubt, irreplaceable, I'm certain that Mr. GoChiefs has the capability and will make every effort to maintain your standards.

Have you already spent the five bills?

FAX

ENDelt260
Yeah, that's another factor that makes me lose my lunch. He faithfully sends gochiefs his checks. In fact, gochiefs has made a significantly larger amount of money than I did on the Warpaint project.
Are your fellatio skills on the decline?

Ebolapox
but he pays him in star wars action figures-- it's easier for him to go to wal-mart to pick up the five dollar action figure every month than it is to write you a check--I mean, come on... he can't even spell his name correctly, dude

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Surely we can add an Okoye autographed pic

they even exist?? I was under the impression that okoye didn't sign autographs because he lost his hands in an unfortunate supplement accident and he has hooks where hands should be

Mr. Kotter
12-19-2006, 11:14 PM
I once got sent there for saying I have to piss.....

First offense? 20 minute detention. Learn to say "pee"..... ;)

NEXT?!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:15 PM

The obvious solution is to rob GoChiefs.

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:15 PM

Damn that is BS. No wonder Gochiefs likes it there.

Hoover
12-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Welcome Home

Luke 15:11-32

Ebolapox

yeah--out of nowhere, to everybody's surprise, there's actually a secondary market for action figures that have been jizzed on?!? let's face it--phil's screwed no matter how you look at it

Douche Baggins
WPI will soon be just a bad dream.

You're wrong here. We're gearing up for an incredible offseason. Our draft coverage is going to kick ass. On the website, in the magazine, on the podcast, on local radio......we'll probably have people at the Sr. Bowl and NFL combine if things work out.

Losing Phil sucks but Warpaint isn't going to die.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:18 PM
You're wrong here. We're gearing up for an incredible offseason. Our draft coverage is going to kick ass. On the website, in the magazine, on the podcast, on local radio......we'll probably have people at the Sr. Bowl and NFL combine if things work out.

dude, I don't dislike you like I used to--you actually contribute to this place as opposed to trolling around and spamming...

that being said, keep toeing the company line there, dude... if you do, athan will find a way to keep stuffing action figures into your G-string

Mecca
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
First offense? 20 minute detention. Learn to say "pee"..... ;)

NEXT?!

Piss isn't a bad word.......

Phobia
12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Are your fellatio skills on the decline?

I've no idea where I went wrong. I guess I should have been more impressed that he's on TV.

Honestly, I was really, really hurt by the whole thing. This dude came in and talked fast, put some figures on paper, and painted a rosy picture. He dragged me away from what had been a passion of mine for 5 years. I walked away from half ownership in the Planet. Now I have zip to show for it. I'm a bigger idiot than he is.

Demonpenz
12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
damn the insults are being shot out like a damn machine gun in here.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:21 PM

I don't know about that. The Browns suck. They have an outstanding website on scout that is flourishing and making tons of money.

Chiefs Pantalones
if you do, athan will find a way to keep stuffing action figures into your G-string

Am I bad for mentally picturing that just now?

Demonpenz
Phobiaplanet.com new with tshirts!

Hoover
12-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Its a lesson that we all need to learn, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

I was really shocked when you left the Planet, I hope you are back for good.

Mr. Kotter
I've no idea where I went wrong. I guess I should have been more impressed that he's on TV.

Honestly, I was really, really hurt by the whole thing. This dude came in and talked fast, put some figures on paper, and painted a rosy picture. He dragged me away from what had been a passion of mine for 5 years. I walked away from half ownership in the Planet. Now I have zip to show for it. I'm a bigger idiot than he is.

Hell, make Kyle an offer....with the interest he shows in the place, he'd probably sell 1/2 interest in the place for a beer and a brat.

;)

wutamess
Phil...

Talk about him all you want but that man is a smart mofo... He used you to get his board pimped over here (which has more members and a larger fan base). After you cleaned up his chit & then pimped his site and brought regulars from here over with you he made the writing on the wall stick.

He's a hustla. Chalk it up as a loss and wish him luck... he'll get his eventually.

Logical
12-19-2006, 11:23 PM

I still think Warpaint has a lot of potential for the future, but not as long as Nick Athan is a player. When he's out, maybe I'll go back. I'm embarrassed to have been affiliated with him for 365 days.I hope this is a welcome back, or are you moving to yet another site?

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Phil is the only damn reason I checked that place out. Now, since their isn't any more ties to that POS website I can say freely that they all can **** off!!!!!!!

There are still Chiefsplanet ties. John Viril (Johnnyv13 from Chiefsplanet) writes an oustanding weekly column that appears every Wednesday. My column appears Saturdays.

Phobia
12-19-2006, 11:24 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Exact same crap I heard from Nick last year. Maybe the Pro Bowl too - did he mention the Pro Bowl?

Mr. Kotter
Piss isn't a bad word.......
Not bad. Just not school appropriate. Had it been bad, I'd have paddled you bare ass.

:spock:

Er.....oopppppssss.....my bad.....I'm having flashbacks to that dream I keep having of the 1960s all-girl Catholic school principal's job I sometimes dream of......

:)

dirk digler

Man that sucks. Don't worry though you will land back on your feet. Maybe you can buy back your share.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:25 PM
If I was a ninja, I'd **** Athan up.

Hoover
I wish I could be as negative as Jim. next time a buy a house I'm flying you up.

Demonpenz
Oh well atleast you tried to something new and cool instead of sitting around doing jack shit.

FAX

It's terrible, Mr. Phobia. It really is.

There has to be some way for us to get even with him.

FAX

Ebolapox
Hell, make Kyle an offer....with the interest he shows in the place, he'd probably sell 1/2 interest in the place for a beer and a brat.

;)

dude, instead of making five hundred bucks a year he'd be 2000 bucks a year in the hole :spock:

stevieray
12-19-2006, 11:26 PM
If I was a ninja, I'd **** Athan up.

window...how did that torn bicep(?) heal up?

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:27 PM
It's terrible, Mr. Phobia. It really is.

There has to be some way for us to get even with him.

FAX

I say we start a war with WPI. We could **** things up over there.

|Zach|
12-19-2006, 11:27 PM
None of this has ever been about making money. It has been about having a vision that goes beyond a simple sports message board.

Redcoats58
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Gochiefs is a BB whore, you can't expect him to leave. Nick Athan is a douche and I'm ashamed that he roots for the same team as I. I don't even know why they have him on that round table discussion, he sits there like a damn ventriloquist dummy and adds nothing to that show. Whatever guest is always on there actually talks, it makes me wonder if Jack Harry has his hand inserted up Athan's ass?

Sure-Oz
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM
One word....and Jack Harry say's how badly CP sucks :( guys!!

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:29 PM
but he pays him in star wars action figures-- it's easier for him to go to wal-mart to pick up the five dollar action figure every month than it is to write you a check--I mean, come on... he can't even spell his name correctly, dude

LMAO

Mr. Kotter

"You liiiiiikkkkkkkeee????"

"I Liiiiiiiiikkkkkkkke."

Heh, heh. ROFL

dirk digler
None of this has ever been about making money. It has been about having a vision that goes beyond a simple sports message board.

Has anyone gave any thought of starting their own vision and their own board?

There is alot of us that would definitely contribute to something like that.

Phobia
I hope this is a welcome back, or are you moving to yet another site?

I'm just gonna hang out for a while. The year as Nick's jester took a lot of passion out of me. The Chiefs haven't helped. I guess we'll see what happens. I'd like nothing more than to kick the crap out of Nick's site but that's the bruised ego talking. If it makes sense for me and for my family I'll consider it.

I'm actually considering legal action against Nick still. I was on a shared profit compensation plan and he has yet to show me the books. I'm gonna have to subpoena them to gain access. I guess my lawyer is gonna have to tell me if it would be worth the effort.

Douche Baggins

Hell, he could have done that last month. I was sleeping at his house.

|Zach|
12-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Has anyone gave any thought of starting their own vision and their own board?

There is alot of us that would definitely contribute to something like that.
Thats what this was supposed to be....

Redcoats58
There are still Chiefsplanet ties. John Viril (Johnnyv13 from Chiefsplanet) writes an oustanding weekly column that appears every Wednesday. My column appears Saturdays.
Quit spamming here bro, you know the rules.

FAX
I'm just gonna hang out for a while. The year as Nick's jester took a lot of passion out of me. The Chiefs haven't helped. I guess we'll see what happens. I'd like nothing more than to kick the crap out of Nick's site but that's the bruised ego talking. If it makes sense for me and for my family I'll consider it.

I'm actually considering legal action against Nick still. I was on a shared profit compensation plan and he has yet to show me the books. I'm gonna have to subpoena them to gain access. I guess my lawyer is gonna have to tell me if it would be worth the effort.

Now you're talking.

FAX

Phobia
Phil...

Talk about him all you want but that man is a smart mofo... He used you to get his board pimped over here (which has more members and a larger fan base). After you cleaned up his chit & then pimped his site and brought regulars from here over with you he made the writing on the wall stick.

He's a hustla. Chalk it up as a loss and wish him luck... he'll get his eventually.

No doubt. He played me. I can't afford therapy so this is gonna have to do.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:31 PM
window...how did that torn bicep(?) heal up?

Fine, thank you.

I had to rehab for a month only and...well...it's boring, but it's apart of my life. Just gonna grab the shirt here if you don't mind...look out, don't let the guns get ya...

Sure-Oz
Can you kick his ass in a real fight?!

Ebolapox

sadly, none of us is a sixty year old four feet tall bald man from pennsylvania... we'd have no hope in a BB war :sulk:

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:32 PM
"You liiiiiikkkkkkkeee????"

"I Liiiiiiiiikkkkkkkke."

Heh, heh. ROFL

You I Liiiiiiiiikkkkkkkke. I would love nothing better than to **** his beloved WPI up.

Halfcan

BFD so will every news outlet in the midwest. There are just too many options to get the dirt without paying a ridiculous fee. Every time Athan shows up on Jack Harry he puts his foot in his mouth. I think he underestimated the unearthy force known as PHOBIA.

WPI is cursed now. DOOMED I SAY!

Douche Baggins
that being said, keep toeing the company line there, dude... g

I don't think I'm just being a Warpaint stooge, here. It's improved. Rick Dean writes for us. Yeah, the same one that writes for the Capital Journal. Kendall Gammon has a column in the magazine.

I can honestly say I wish I didn't read everything in the magazine before it went to print, because it would be fun to read it all for the first time after it was delivered to my mailbox. I wish there was another Chiefs magazine out there that provided similar coverage.

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Thats what this was supposed to be....

Well it didn't work so start something brand new with owners that want to do it.

Sure-Oz
But he's the CHIEFS INSIDER and Harry pimps him like no other!

Mr. Kotter
sadly, none of us is a sixty year old four feet tall bald man from pennsylvania... we'd have no hope in a BB war :sulk:
Kyle thinks he is..... :hmmm:

Maybe we could get he and Clayton to wrestle naked and run around naked in a hotel during a convention......

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:34 PM

http://www.nursingadvocacy.org/images/dr_phil.gif

I want you to start living as a gay woman.

Dunit35
12-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Fine, thank you.

I had to rehab for a month only and...well...it's boring, but it's apart of my life. Just gonna grab the shirt here if you don't mind...look out, don't let the guns get ya...

HAHAHAHA...a good Anchorman quote never hurts anything.

Demonpenz
phils going around trying to pitch all his ideas and no one is helping him then he is going to make it big and rub it in their stupid faces and he will give me 3.99 for an extra value meal for believing in him!

dirk digler
I don't think I'm just being a Warpaint stooge, here. It's improved. Rick Dean writes for us. Yeah, the same one that writes for the Capital Journal. Kendall Gammon has a column in the magazine.

I can honestly say I wish I didn't read everything in the magazine before it went to print, because it would be fun to read it all for the first time after it was delivered to my mailbox. I wish there was another Chiefs magazine out there that provided similar coverage.

The thing is everything you want to read about the Chiefs you can get for free. I mean the subscription price is ridiculous. It should be like $10. Hell I can get SI for $40 for the whole year.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:36 PM

see, that's the thing... I get everything I need from a little place called chiefsplanet--all of the chiefs coverage I could every ask for (articles from MULTIPLE places posted within minutes of their release--from people who know how to spell), nonchiefs news, promises of christian okoye autographs, etc... this place has it all, and it doesn't require for me to pay a dime

Phobia
12-19-2006, 11:37 PM
But he's the CHIEFS INSIDER and Harry pimps him like no other!

How much market share does Harry's show get? A .1 would mean it appears in 100,000 KC area homes, right? I don't have any idea how much share 38 the Spot gets but you would think it would equate to hits on Warpaint Illustrated, right?

Wrong. When Nick is on 38 the Spot Warpaint doesn't even budge in terms of hits above normal.

What should that tell us?

Sure-Oz
12-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Why would i care about stupid insider bs, that really doesn't add to wins or losses or shit like that. If it's of any real importance it will be in a newspaper or on tv, period.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:38 PM
BFD so will every news outlet in the midwest. !

I think you're wrong. The Star won't have near the draft coverage we're going to put out.

Sure-Oz
How much market share does Harry's show get? A .1 would mean it appears in 100,000 KC area homes, right? I don't have any idea how much share 38 the Spot gets but you would think it would equate to hits on Warpaint Illustrated, right?

Wrong. When Nick is on 38 the Spot Warpaint doesn't even budge in terms of hits above normal.

That's just crazy, they should've had you on his round table discussion shit instead, and maybe hits would've came.

dirk digler
Damn 10 issues of WPI is $40. That is ****ing stupid.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:39 PM
I think you're wrong. The Star won't have near the draft coverage we're going to put out.

so you're telling me you guys can come up with information I can't get ANYWHERE else on the net via google?? yeah--I believe you

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:40 PM

No one but diehards watch 38 the Spot. I have occassionally watched it but I always forget that it is on plus Jack Harry is a ****ing tool.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:40 PM
I think we should rename this place, phobiaplanet.com.

Although, we'd have some even more messed up people joining this place...

Logical
12-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Nick Athan's been pretty good to me. Warpaint is heading in a direction that I approve of.Look you have become a credible member of this BB. One favor, please quit using it as a vehicle to spam WPI, keep the entities separate.

Thanks

Douche Baggins
Maybe we could get he and Clayton to wrestle naked and run around naked in a hotel during a convention......

There's only one person I'd engage in naked wrestling with. And I'd be real gentle.

Rain Man
Waitaminutewaitaminutewaitaminute...wait...a....minute. Somebody's getting paid?

|Zach|
I think the "inside" type stuff does shine in the offseason.

Nudge's blog was without a doubt the best source of good info coming out of River Falls this past offseason.

During the season? Not so much. IMO.

Phobia
That's just crazy, they should've had you on his round table discussion shit instead, and maybe hits would've came.

I've been on TV. I'm pretty sure I'm not the answer. But if you're not driving traffic to the site, you're either doing something very wrong or viewers don't like you.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 11:42 PM

Well I hope you don't stop writing-I think you were improving with every article. People hate Athan because he is full of shit, arrogant, and only out to better his own standing as the "Voice of the Chiefs". Your stuff was down to earth-saying what the average fan that loves the Chiefs feels. You put it all out there from your heart, not just spew some story that has been redone over and over but with a spin to make it some brand new "scoop". Hang in there and welcome back!!! :)

Bill Parcells
There's only one person I'd engage in naked wrestling with. And I'd be real gentle.
Damon Huard??

Douche Baggins
The thing is everything you want to read about the Chiefs you can get for free. I mean the subscription price is ridiculous. It should be like $10. Hell I can get SI for $40 for the whole year.

That's because Scout wants to make money and our circulation is a fraction of SI's. There's still a great package deal that includes a year of SI, BTW. Honestly I'm not real fond of Scout. I don't like the whole premium subscriber racket.

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:43 PM

Yeah but I can go to Espn and get all the draft info I need. There is also several places to get the practices and workouts info for free.

Sure-Oz
12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Damon Huard??
He was off that band wagon long ago, think you have mistaken him for p00tie tang

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:44 PM
...Honestly I'm not real fond of Scout. I don't like the whole premium subscriber racket.

so--that's why you're shilling for them right now, correct?

Bill Parcells
12-19-2006, 11:45 PM
He was off that band wagon long ago, think you have mistaken him for p00tie tang
Oh..thats right!
My bad..

Douche Baggins
so you're telling me you guys can come up with information I can't get ANYWHERE else on the net via google?? yeah--I believe you

I'm just talking about the Kansas City media. I guarantee you there's no one at the Star breaking down film from college games.

Sure-Oz
I've been on TV. I'm pretty sure I'm not the answer. But if you're not driving traffic to the site, you're either doing something very wrong or viewers don't like you.
Well, with you leaving im sure it'll **** him over in the end, I'd like to think people aren't that stupid to keep following his load of bs and lack of spell checking.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Look you have become a credible member of this BB. One favor, please quit using it as a vehicle to spam WPI, keep the entities separate.

Thanks

I don't believe I'm spamming anything. I post articles from the Star in the same manner that I post articles from Warpaint. I don't post everything from Warpaint, either. I only post something if I think it's good. If you want to accuse me of suffering from a lack of judgment I won't argue with you.

Where is Hummus Boy when you need him? ROFL

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:47 PM
That's because Scout wants to make money and our circulation is a fraction of SI's. There's still a great package deal that includes a year of SI, BTW. Honestly I'm not real fond of Scout. I don't like the whole premium subscriber racket.

Thanks but no thanks. I ain't paying $99 for what I can find for free.

Chiefs Pantalones
I wouldn't hurt anyone, now that I think about it, I would just burn the place down.

Ebolapox
I'm just talking about the Kansas City media. I guarantee you there's no one at the Star breaking down film from college games.

I'm not real sure I'd want anyone from the Star OR WPI breaking down film from college games-- we all know that anyone on this board is more qualified to make personnel decisions than anyone in the chiefs front office, let alone the kansas city media...

get with the program, dude

Phobia
Honestly I'm not real fond of Scout. I don't like the whole premium subscriber racket.

You're going to make Nick's head explode. I think he weeped when I admitted to that in public. He never let me forget it, that's for sure.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Where the **** am I?

dirk digler
12-19-2006, 11:48 PM

To be honest I don't think there is anyone qualified at WPI to breakdown film and rate players but if there is let please let me know who and their background.

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 11:49 PM

And you guys did not have near the draft coverage of the Planet. What is better than having 200 plus die hard college football watching freaks stating their opinions in an open board??

See that is the problem-Nick and WPI act like a Chiefs fan can't get along without buying his mag-or paying to hear his thoughts. Your whole busines model is wrong. You earn your customers respect and make them Want to do business with you-not try to Scare them into thinking they are missing out.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:49 PM
so--that's why you're shilling for them right now, correct?

I don't think I'm shilling for anyone. Warpaint isn't going to reach the next level by selling everyone a premium membership.

Redcoats58
12-19-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't believe I'm spamming anything. I post articles from the Star in the same manner that I post articles from Warpaint. I don't post everything from Warpaint, either. I only post something if I think it's good. If you want to accuse me of suffering from a lack of judgment I won't argue with you.

Where is Hummus Boy when you need him? ROFL
You're absolutely spamming. Don't go down that road again dude.

|Zach|
12-19-2006, 11:51 PM
not try to Scare them into thinking they are missing out.
Whatever you say bud.

http://www.adjab.com/media/2006/02/nfl-network.JPG

Douche Baggins
I wouldn't hurt anyone, now that I think about it, I would just burn the place down.

We don't have a central office. We're segmented across the country.

We're like the Borg. Your Chiefs fan culture will adapt to service us. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Ebolapox
I don't think I'm shilling for anyone. Warpaint isn't going to reach the next level by selling everyone a premium membership.

you claim to be a good editor, but you messed up there... you put 'warpaint' and 'next level' in the same sentence... basic grammar and syntax rules state that these two entities are nullified if used in the same sentence

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
You're absolutely spamming. Don't go down that road again dude.

I'm not spamming. If I was spamming I'd post every article we spit out. I'm not. I'm going to post John Viril's column in a few minutes because it's informative, interesting and a good read.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

heh--that's exactly what you said before your very first meltdown on CP...ROFL

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:53 PM
you claim to be a good editor, but you messed up there... you put 'warpaint' and 'next level' in the same sentence... basic grammar and syntax rules state that these two entities are nullified if used in the same sentence

That's amusing. Even if you had a point it wouldn't be valid.

Ebolapox
I'm not spamming. If I was spamming I'd post every article we spit out. I'm not. I'm going to post John Viril's column in a few minutes because it's informative, interesting and a good read.

HERE IN AN HOUR, THE SH*T WILL REALLY HIT THE FAN!

|Zach|

You and Skip are the only two people who give a shit when people post...esp when they are trying to keep up with conversations like this.

If there was an error like that in an actual article of his you may have a point... :rolleyes:

dirk digler

You don't post premium articles though do you?

Halfcan
Whatever you say bud.

http://www.adjab.com/media/2006/02/nfl-network.JPG

Isn't that the very nature of a "Premium" site-you are going to miss out on "inside" stuff if you don't join??

Chiefs Pantalones
12-19-2006, 11:54 PM
We don't have a central office. We're segmented across the country.

We're like the Borg. Your Chiefs fan culture will adapt to service us. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

LOL, awesome.

Redcoats58
12-19-2006, 11:54 PM
You're advertising that website, that is as good as spam.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:55 PM
You and Skip are the only two people who give a shit when people post...esp when they are trying to keep up with conversations like this.

If there was an error like that in an actual article of his you may have a point... :rolleyes:

zach, you're taking this ENTIRELY too seriously... it was SARCASM... aka, tongue in cheek

do you REALLY think that's a true grammar rule?!?

ROFL

|Zach|
12-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Isn't that the very nature of a "Premium" site-you are going to miss out on "inside" stuff if you don't join??
I don't think they market it as you missing out...I think they market it as this is what they give you.

My main point was your notion that a business can't thrive on an idea like that. Check out the logo.

Douche Baggins
12-19-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm not real sure I'd want anyone from the Star OR WPI breaking down film from college games-

Here's an eye opener. There was only one KC media source that accurately predicted who the Chiefs would pick in the first round last year.

Guess who?

|Zach|
So you have a problem with the Kansas City Start getting advertised here as well I assume.

Mecca

There are excellent free draft sites out there.......if you follow college closely and know how things generally break you sure as **** don't need to pay for any sort of draft stuff.

Hell I could probably write as good a draft thing as anyone from that site if not better.

Halfcan

And how will you fix Athan's image?

el borracho
You were let go because you made their wives fat, weren't you, Phobia?

Mecca
12-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Here's an eye opener. There was only one KC media source that accurately predicted who the Chiefs would pick in the first round last year.

Guess who?

Getting who the team picks right is a crapshoot, just because you hit one doesn't mean you have good draft coverage.

Ebolapox
12-19-2006, 11:57 PM

Guess who?

when it was as clear as day to more than a few people on THIS site (which nobody had to pay for, for the record) who we were going to draft last year

as an old high school teacher once told me, 'a clock that has stopped working will be correct twice a day'

Halfcan
12-19-2006, 11:58 PM

Guess who?

ROFL Tamba was on everyones list-it doesn't take a year of breaking down film to see that Hicks needed to be replaced.

Phobia
Warpaint couldn't make the next level of Ms. Pacman with Nick Athan on the joystick. As long as that man is around, Warpaint will never be taken seriously by anybody.

Have I mentioned how incompetent he is yet in this thread? Just in case you don't believe me, here's another example:

I just logged into the admin console for Warpaint Illustrated. I'm very seriously considering adding my picture to the feature story on the front page. Nick has known since 1:00 PM that I'm not returning and that I'm disgruntled. Twelve hours later and he still hasn't revoked my access. Nick, when you read this - it's Support/Permissions Admin - then you remove the Phobia account.

Moron.

dirk digler
I don't think they market it as you missing out...I think they market it as this is what they give you.

My main point was your notion that a business can't thrive on an idea like that. Check out the logo.

Not totally true. They did take a out full page ads in cities that had Time Warner and the other cable companies saying that they will be missing games and playoffs if they can't get NFL Network.

But that is really to try to get agreements with the cable companies more than anything.

Fruit Ninja
12-19-2006, 11:59 PM
I don't know about that. The Browns suck. They have an outstanding website on scout that is flourishing and making tons of money.
The Browns also have some of the best fan base otu of any NFL team. They are hardcore.

|Zach|
12-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Not totally true. They did take a out full page ads in cities that had Time Warner and the other cable companies saying that they will be missing games and playoffs if they can't get NFL Network.

But that is really to try to get agreements with the cable companies more than anything.
Sorry, I was talking about WPI...maybe I misunderstood what his followup question was.

My main point I guess was...

The business model of what you are missing out on can be a good one.

dirk digler
12-20-2006, 12:00 AM

Guess who?

Soren Petro said the Chiefs would pick Hali.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:00 AM
So you have a problem with the Kansas City Start getting advertised here as well I assume.
I have a problem with people advertising websites, it's one thing to post a chiefs article, its another to give the full itinerary of a website including prices for said site. I come here to read about Chiefs news if I want to look at spam I'll open my email.

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:01 AM
I have a problem with people advertising websites, it's one thing to post a chiefs article, its another to give the full itinerary of a website including prices for said site. I come here to read about Chiefs news if I want to look at spam I'll open my email.
Then you have no problem with this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154782

Douche Baggins
To be honest I don't think there is anyone qualified at WPI to breakdown film and rate players but if there is let please let me know who and their background.

Mike Campbell is our draft guy. He's outstanding. He's got two VCRs and a Tivo going during college season.

He also does a nice job with his pre-game breakdown of the matchups before every Chiefs game. He puts together our podcast, too. You can check out his work at the link below:

http://search.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22Mike%20Campbell%22&sssiteid=115

dirk digler
Sorry, I was talking about WPI...maybe I misunderstood what his followup question was.

My main point I guess was...

The business model of what you are missing out on can be a good one.

Maybe he was but I understand your point I just don't think WPI is a good value because I am not missing anything that I can't get for free.

If I don't have the NFL Network I can't watch those games at all unless I go somewhere that has it.

Douche Baggins
12-20-2006, 12:02 AM

I guess I'll go advertise the Star website in an hour then.

Halfcan
12-20-2006, 12:03 AM

Oh I understand-the NFL is hot right now. But the more they alienate the average fans with skyrocketing ticket prices and Premium cable channels-the more they lose their fan base. Fantasy football has made all the difference in the world-not the product the NFL is putting on the field.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Then you have no problem with this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154782
Is that thread selling something to me?

Douche Baggins
12-20-2006, 12:04 AM
if you follow college closely and know how things generally break you sure as **** don't need to pay for any sort of draft stuff.

Obviously. That's clearly not our target audience. I didn't know shit about college football the last two years. Warpaint's draft coverage really opened my eyes.

|Zach|
Oh I understand-the NFL is hot right now. But the more they alienate the average fans with skyrocketing ticket prices and Premium cable channels-the more they lose their fan base. Fantasy football has made all the difference in the world-not the product the NFL is putting on the field.
The NFL is the most premiere entertainment product in the world.

The have all the cards...people will crack.

Phobia
Mike Campbell is our draft guy. He's outstanding. He's got two VCRs and a Tivo going during college season.

He also does a nice job with his pre-game breakdown of the matchups before every Chiefs game. He puts together our podcast, too. You can check out his work at the link below:

I'm a big fan. Unfortunately, he's affiliated with Nick Athan.

Fruit Ninja

http://search.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22Mike%20Campbell%22&sssiteid=115
Mike is the ONly reason why i visit Warpaint at all. He's a good x's and O's guy for Chiefs football.

Douche Baggins
And how will you fix Athan's image?

That's not really my job.

|Zach|
12-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Is that thread selling something to me?
No, its an article...one of many articles...about the Chiefs.

That people for some reason think is spam. Sounds goofy doesn't it? Enjoy the article. Hell dont enjoy it...no big deal. Might as well call it was it is though.

dirk digler

I like Mighty Mike but he has no real credentials or experience evaluating and rating college players or NFL players. He is basically a fan just like you and me.

Mecca
No matter how many vcrs and tivo's you have....80% of draft position has to do with the combine and things that come after the season. Paying attention to who teams like and how guys workout is actually more important than watching hours of film for the most part.

Halfcan
12-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Maybe he was but I understand your point I just don't think WPI is a good value because I am not missing anything that I can't get for free.

If I don't have the NFL Network I can't watch those games at all unless I go somewhere that has it.

Exactly, WPI does not have a unique product. NFL Network is a byproduct of the billion dollar Fantasy Football craze. Folks have real money on the line and want the best info possible-they can only get by watching the games.

Mecca
I like Mighty Mike but he has no real credentials or experience evaluating and rating college players or NFL players. He is basically a fan just like you and me.

Right, there are players I like and don't like in every years draft but he's no more qualified to judge them than I am.

|Zach|
Exactly, WPI does not have a unique product. NFL Network is a byproduct of the billion dollar Fantasy Football craze. Folks have real money on the line and want the best info possible-they can only get by watching the games.
You think its fantasy football that drives NFL network.

Crazy man.

Fruit Ninja
12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
No matter how many vcrs and tivo's you have....80% of draft position has to do with the combine and things that come after the season. Paying attention to who teams like and how guys workout is actually more important than watching hours of film for the most part.
I am pretty sure what he meant by that is that Mike is always studying up on what he's supposed to know.

Fruit Ninja
You think its fantasy football that drives NFL network.

Crazy man.
God i hope not, i watch it alot, and i hate fantasy football. lol

|Zach|
Right, there are players I like and don't like in every years draft but he's no more qualified to judge them than I am.
Is anybody?

I am trying to find ways that these criticisms can't apply to 99% of the people that cover football and I am coming up short.

Halfcan
12-20-2006, 12:08 AM
That's not really my job.

It should be-because that is their biggest problem. The average fan can't stand him. Screwing Phob over will only make it worse-shows what a real snake the guy is.

Mecca
I am pretty sure what he meant by that is that Mike is always studying up on what he's supposed to know.

Out of curiosity is covering the Chiefs drafts that closely or calling the pick a great idea? I mean generally they're really bad picks.......I bet if you let a smart fan draft 10 drafts and let the Chiefs draft 10 drafts the fan would do beter.

|Zach|
It should be-because that is their biggest problem. The average fan can't stand him. Screwing Phob over will only make it worse-shows what a real snake the guy is.
The average fan isn't a message board type like we all are.

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 12:09 AM
No, its an article...one of many articles...about the Chiefs.

That people for some reason think is spam. Sounds goofy doesn't it? Enjoy the article. Hell dont enjoy it...no big deal. Might as well call it was it is though.
Spam = selling something from another website. Do you want to argue about this? You know spam is against the rules here atleast I would hope you know it's against the rules seeing as you're a mod and all. I don't mind posting of articles unless it deals with selling some BS magazine for a crappy Chiefs site. It's the only thing I have a problem with. Have you seen me complain about anything else?

Phobia
12-20-2006, 12:09 AM
The Browns also have some of the best fan base otu of any NFL team. They are hardcore.

The Browns website on Scout is also a horrible example. Lane Adkins has been running a Browns related site for over a decade. He was part of the whole BerniesInsiders that started the Scout.com model.

Lane doesn't have credibility problems. Lane pays his people what he says he's going to pay them. Lane is respected.

Comparing Warpaint Illustrated/Nick Athan and The Orange and Brown Report/Lane Adkins is a slap in the face to Mr. Adkins.