PDA

View Full Version : I'm Glad LJ Is Calling Out Solari & Edwards

petegz28
12-21-2006, 09:45 AM
We all have watched the run, run, Pass offense the last 3 weeks. We have watched it lose. I don't blame LJ. I wouldn't want to continue running into a 9 man front over and over again for 1 and 2 yard gains only to end up punting the ball away.

Edwards says it is because we are put in kown situations as to why we haven't scored points. WELL NO SHIT HERM!!! Why do you think we are always in said "known downs" Herm?

Someone needs to take Solari to the woodshed.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 09:51 AM

Followed by Herm as well..

This looks so much like last years Jets offense it isnt even funny...

You put the Chiefs in Green and people would do a double take.

Nothing has changed or will change with Herm, what you see on the field this year is what you will see the next 3...

Just ask any Jets fan.

KcMizzou
12-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Just ask Reerun_NY

:)

petegz28
12-21-2006, 10:00 AM

Nothing has changed or will change with Herm, what you see on the field this year is what you will see the next 3...

Just ask any Jets fan.

I disagree. Edwards got the Jets to the playoffs more than DV ever got us there. Namely with strong D and I liek that approach.

Herm doesn't call the offensive plays. I only place some blam on him cause he is the head coach. I place most of the blame squarely on the shoulders of the OC. He doesn't know how to call a game.

BigRedChief
12-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Well Edwards says LJ's comments were taken out of context...ROFL
Hey Coach.......there is video tape. We have all seen it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2006, 10:02 AM
I also like the fact that he's calling out Herm's dumbass "we'll get 'em next week" mentality. I think it's pretty telling that Preacher Herm may already be losing his team after one year. I think there's a good chance they totally quit on him next year, which may give us the truly shitty year we need to draft a player who could help turn around a franchise.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2006, 10:04 AM
I disagree. Edwards got the Jets to the playoffs more than DV ever got us there. Namely with strong D and I liek that approach.

Herm doesn't call the offensive plays. I only place some blam on him cause he is the head coach. I place most of the blame squarely on the shoulders of the OC. He doesn't know how to call a game.

Herm got the Jets to the playoffs with Bill Parcells' players and a damned easy division.

petegz28
12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Herm got the Jets to the playoffs with Bill Parcells' players and a damned easy division.

Whatever it took. He got them there. They bought into his philosophy.

So I guess your point is it's our players then?

CupidStunt
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM

This notion has been blown up before.

It's not like Herm isn't an upgrade. The one and only time this team made the playoffs our division blew chunks.

boogblaster
12-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Herm will lead us to football utopia..Get on the HERMOPIA bandwagon...

KcMizzou
12-21-2006, 10:12 AM
HERMOPIA I think they make a cream for that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Whatever it took. He got them there. They bought into his philosophy.

So I guess your point is it's our players then?

You're way off.

And his star player is already questioning his philosophy.

It's easy to like a boss who kisses your ass. But that doesn't mean that he can hold your respect for very long.

My point is that I don't think Herm knows how to build a complete team. Those Jet teams aren't and weren't exactly defensive juggernauts after he had his prints on them

Herm's defensive ranks:

Herm's offensive ranks:

Herm can build you a mediocre defense. It's better than horrible, but he'll also get you a pathetic offense.

petegz28
12-21-2006, 10:15 AM
You're way off.

It's easy to like a boss who kisses your ass. But that doesn't mean that he can hold your respect for very long.

My point is that I don't think Herm knows how to build a complete team. Those Jet teams aren't and weren't exactly defensive juggernauts after he had his prints on them

Herm's defensive ranks:

Herm's offensive ranks:

Herm can build you a mediocre defense. It's better than horrible, but he'll also get you a pathetic offense.

If I am way off then how did he get to the playoffs? You siad it was becasue of the players. So then that would mean you are blaming ourplayers.

So quit flip lfopping tard. How did he coach players to playoffs 3 seasons? I know because they were Parcel's picks right? Which means you are blaming our players.

Can't have it both ways there spunky.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2006, 10:36 AM
If I am way off then how did he get to the playoffs? You siad it was becasue of the players. So then that would mean you are blaming ourplayers.

So quit flip lfopping tard. How did he coach players to playoffs 3 seasons? I know because they were Parcel's picks right? Which means you are blaming our players.

Can't have it both ways there spunky.

I'm not flip-flopping you dumb motherf*cker, I'm pointing out the clearly obvious fact (backed up with stats) that Herm's coaching philosophy doesn't work.

Furthermore, you seem to be completely unable to put 2 and 2 together, so I'm going to help your dumb ass out one more time

He made it because of Parcells' players and the crap division he played in. The players he inherited were good enough to overcome the ineffectiveness of his coaching, but not by much. He also squeaked in. 10-6, 9-7, 10-6. You act like he built a dynasty.

Why is it that Herm can never seem to build a good D or O, as is proven by his tenure in NY?? If he were able to, shouldn't there have been marked improvement as the years progressed, rather than a standstill?

Why is making the playoffs with a 9-7 squad so damned impressive? It's not, it's lucky. We had a far better team last year than any of those teams Herm ever had, but didn't make the playoffs.

If some jackf*cknut like Mike Tice coaches the Vikings to the playoffs at 8-8, does that mean he did better than a Dick Vermeil who coached a team to 10-6 in a different conference?

petegz28
12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm not flip-flopping you dumb motherf*cker, I'm pointing out the clearly obvious fact (backed up with stats) that Herm's coaching philosophy doesn't work.

Furthermore, you seem to be completely unable to put 2 and 2 together, so I'm going to help your dumb ass out one more time

He made it because of Parcells' players and the crap division he played in. The players he inherited were good enough to overcome the ineffectiveness of his coaching, but not by much. He also squeaked in. 10-6, 9-7, 10-6. You act like he built a dynasty.

Why is it that Herm can never seem to build a good D or O, as is proven by his tenure in NY?? If he were able to, shouldn't there have been marked improvement as the years progressed, rather than a standstill?

Why is making the playoffs with a 9-7 squad so damned impressive? It's not, it's lucky. We had a far better team last year than any of those teams Herm ever had, but didn't make the playoffs.

If some jackf*cknut like Mike Tice coaches the Vikings to the playoffs at 8-8, does that mean he did better than a Dick Vermeil who coached a team to 10-6 in a different conference?

Translation: He made it to the playoffs with Parcels' players so then it is our players' fault.

Why is making the playoffs with 9-7 squad impressive? Cause we couldn't even do it with 10-6. We couldn;t do it with the #1 offense year after year.

So your idiotic argument is that either Herm was just a figurehead and the players coached themsleves or the players were so good cause Parcels picked them they were capable of executing Herm's philosphy?

10-6 is a very good record in the NFL. So you can say squeaked or whatever you want the fact is he got to the playoffs more than we did with a worse offense.

You can sit there and spin it anyway you wish tard the facts remain that he had more playoff success than DV did with our high powered offense.

And you flip flop more than John Kerry

Bill Parcells
12-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Translation: He made it to the playoffs with Parcels' players so then it is our players' fault.

Why is making the playoffs with 9-7 squad impressive? Cause we couldn't even do it with 10-6. We couldn;t do it with the #1 offense year after year.

So your idiotic argument is that either Herm was just a figurehead and the players coached themsleves or the players were so good cause Parcels picked them they were capable of executing Herm's philosphy?

10-6 is a very good record in the NFL. So you can say squeaked or whatever you want the fact is he got to the playoffs more than we did with a worse offense.

You can sit there and spin it anyway you wish tard the facts remain that he had more playoff success than DV did with our high powered offense.

And you flip flop more than John Kerry
It's the head coach's responsibility to maximize his own teams strengths,and take advantage of the opponents weaknesses..Parcells did this..Herm did not..

Coaches who know they are in over their head and dont have a clue are scared to play rookies so they attach themselves to veterans..thats exactly what Herm did with the Jets..and why they went downhill.

Reerun_KC
Herm = John Kerry?

greg63
So does this mean the LJ, Herm honeymoon love fest is over?

petegz28
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
It's the head coach's responsibility to maximize his own teams strengths,and take advantage of the opponents weaknesses..Parcells did this..Herm did not..

Coaches who know they are in over their head and dont have a clue are scared to play rookies so they attach themselves to veterans..thats exactly what Herm did with the Jets..and why they went downhill.

Right, their QB getting hurt and Martin getting old had nothing to do with it.

Nevermind the 3 playoffs Herm took his team too. I guess that was a figment of the NFL's collective imagination.

Soemone better call them and tell them to change their stats.

petegz28
12-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Herm = John Kerry?

Nah, I think Herm's problems are a beatup, make-shift O-Line, no FB, and a rookie OC. On top of QB injury issues we had.

petegz28
12-21-2006, 11:01 AM
So does this mean the LJ, Herm honeymoon love fest is over?

No I don't think LJ has any love for Solari to be honest. Herm can say run the ball more. Solari is the one not giving Trent the ability to audible out and calling dive plays into 9 man fronts.

Bill Parcells
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Right, their QB getting hurt and Martin getting old had nothing to do with it.

Nevermind the 3 playoffs Herm took his team too. I guess that was a figment of the NFL's collective imagination.

Soemone better call them and tell them to change their stats.
And the 3 playoff games he played absolutely terrified in..and only won one because Marty was more terrified than Herm..dude..do you really think Herm could have turned around the Jets in one year like Mangini did??with no Running backs??

Edit:He did not play scared at the only home playoff win against the Colts in 2002..but he did the next week against the Raiders.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 11:13 AM
And the 3 playoff games he played absolutely terrified in..and only won one because Marty was more terrified than Herm..dude..do you really think Herm could have turned around the Jets in one year like Mangini did??with no Running backs??

If anything Mangini will open the eyes of Chiefs fans across the nation.

Mangini is the best thing to happen to the Jets and Chiefs this year...

chiefforlife
12-21-2006, 11:20 AM

Mangini was a huge risk, Herm was the safe choice(playoff winning coach). Making safe choices is what keeps us average!!!

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Mangini was a huge risk, Herm was the safe choice(playoff winning coach). Making safe choices is what keeps us average!!!

True, the playoffs are what matter. .500 or barely above. Keep fans hopes up and money flowing in.

"Herm was the safe choice(playoff winning coach)" More like pissed down his pants and won one or two games. Hell a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. I wouldnt go crowning him something special. Hell even Marty has a what 5 - 15 playoff record.

Superbowl? Superbowl? I just hope we can make the playoffs. LOL!

Bill Parcells
12-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Actually..if you believe in what Mangini says..it's not a huge risk..he has not back tracked on any statements he has made this year..or on anything he said he was going to do..unlike someone else..

petegz28
12-21-2006, 12:15 PM

Edit:He did not play scared at the only home playoff win against the Colts in 2002..but he did the next week against the Raiders.

Marty was so terrified he made his kicker miss????

WOW!

petegz28
12-21-2006, 12:17 PM

Yeah helps when your QB is healthy heh?

Bill Parcells
12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Marty was so terrified he made his kicker miss????

WOW!
You conviniently did not answer my question..right?

All you had to do was watch that game to see you had 2 coaches with raisins for balls.

petegz28
12-21-2006, 12:22 PM
You conviniently did not answer my question..right?

All you had to do was watch that game to see you had 2 coaches with raisins for balls.

I watched the game and it was a typical playoff game between 2 defensive minded coaches.

But tell yourself whatever you want son.

Bill Parcells
12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
I watched the game and it was a typical playoff game between 2 defensive minded coaches.

But tell yourself whatever you want son.
Bill Bellichick is a defensive minded coach..when has he played that way??against Cowher??another defensive minded coach??what do you consider typical??

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah helps when your QB is healthy heh?

Pretty much true, he has the worst luck at keeping QB's healthy... I think he is cursed or a curse!

petegz28
12-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Bill Bellichick is a defensive minded coach..when has he played that way??against Cowher??another defensive minded coach??what do you consider typical??

Tom Brady, Benny "The Fluke" R. and bad ass defenses.

Again tell yourself whatever you need too.

Halfcan
12-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Herm is a crappy coach-an excellent motivator??-far from it-his team came out flat in the opener and has bearly had a heartbeat.

Herm needs to go.

Bill Parcells
12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Tom Brady, Benny "The Fluke" R. and bad ass defenses.

Again tell yourself whatever you need too.
Right..it's ok..I have experience dealing with Hermophiles..what kind of a ''bad ass defense'' did the Patriots have in 2001??Tom brady was an inexperienced 2nd year player that year with no track record in 2001.

tk13
12-21-2006, 01:39 PM
You're way off.

Herm's defensive ranks:

Herm's offensive ranks:

Those are yardage stats... to Herm's credit, they were usually a pretty good scoring defense, where it counts.

And the 23 was last year when they had the worst offense in the league hanging them out to dry. That was one of the things I liked about Herm, he'd never really been a part of a bad defense... last year might have been the worst defense he'd ever been apart of as a coach or player. He played on a #1 ranked defense under Vermeil, then was here for the good defenses under Marty, the great Tampa defenses under Dungy, etc.

GROB
12-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Maybe herm should hire an african american OC. LJ just can't seem to connect with a white man. Do you think the players ever get tired of herm's cliche's? We will get them next week! We're okay! we're okay! No herm you just blew a 14pt lead to the browns.

TEX
12-21-2006, 01:47 PM
We all have watched the run, run, Pass offense the last 3 weeks. We have watched it lose. I don't blame LJ. I wouldn't want to continue running into a 9 man front over and over again for 1 and 2 yard gains only to end up punting the ball away.

Edwards says it is because we are put in kown situations as to why we haven't scored points. WELL NO SHIT HERM!!! Why do you think we are always in said "known downs" Herm?

It's probably not Solari as much as it is Herm. I remember back in the pre season when Solari was aggressive and Herm called him out. My bet more of this has been going on behind closed doors. Herm is getting EXACTLY what he has instilled in Solari IMO.

I can't wait until he Hires Jimmy Raye as a "redzone offensive consultant" like he did in New York. Speaking of New York, I wonder if the Jets miss the idiot? :hmmm:

FAX
12-21-2006, 01:50 PM
It's probably not Solari as much as it is Herm. I remember back in the pre season when Solari was aggressive and Herm called him out. My bet more of this has been going on behind closed doors. Herm is getting EXACTLY what he has instilled in Solari IMO.

I totally agree with this assessment, Mr. TEX. Solari will do what Herm wants him to do.

As far as the passing game is concerned, to my common eye, it appears that many of the plays seem to involve routes that take time to develop. Not smart when the lineladies are too busy adjusting their panties to block anyone.

FAX

GROB
12-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Chiefs need to hire Mo Carthon as the OC. I have said many times Herm has the ability to keep both teams in the game regardless of the talent.

TEX
12-21-2006, 01:55 PM

Just ask any Jets fan.

Unfortunately you're correct. :banghead:

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 02:01 PM

I can't wait until he Hires Jimmy Raye as a "redzone offensive consultant" like he did in New York. Speaking of New York, I wonder if the Jets miss the idiot? :hmmm:

You have to be kidding me right? Hired Jimmy Raye as an "redzone offensive consultant"?

Jimmy Raye couldnt find the Endzone if his ass was stapled to it.

That has to be the biggest Joke of coaching I have ever heard of... We need more Jets fans on this board, would sure shed some light on these subjects.

TEX
12-21-2006, 02:11 PM
You have to be kidding me right? Hired Jimmy Raye as an "redzone offensive consultant"?

Jimmy Raye couldnt find the Endzone if his ass was stapled to it.

That has to be the biggest Joke of coaching I have ever heard of... We need more Jets fans on this board, would sure shed some light on these subjects.

Herm did just that a few years back. Raye was hired by the Jets to help Paul Hackett in the Red Zone. I $hit you not as it is 100% FACT.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Herm did just that a few years back. Raye was hired by the Jets to help Paul Hackett in the Red Zone. I $hit you not as it is 100% FACT.

I will take your word for it...

I dont think Hackett or Raye could ever find the endzone together.

I better not bash to much, There is probably better than a 77% chance that one of those 2 or both will be on this Staff within the next couple of years..

doomy3
12-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Wait, so is this the same LJ who continually bitched about DV and still does to this day?

The same one who was in love with Herm this time 4 weeks ago?

The same one who prior to the season said he needed the ball 30 times to start getting warmed up? Hard to get those kind of carries if you don't get the ball most first downs isn't it. Especially if you always ask to come out of the game every couple of plays so Bennett or Dee Brown can play.

Can't really throw on first down cause LJ won't block, so after the sack it's 2nd and 18. Play action you say? Problem there is that LJ won't sell the fake, so that's useless. Sounds to me like Randy Moss wanting the ball More, but only running hard on 5% of the plays.

Maybe Herm and the coaching isn't really the problem. Maybe it's that LJ is a baby and is becoming a cancer, and will never be happy.

I agree that Solari has been suspect on some play calls, but what are his choices if the guy who this offense is built around doesn't go hard all the time, and takes himself out of the game at key times?

Maybe it's time LJ points the finger at himself...

Flame away...

Discuss Thrower
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
How about... Collective blame being laid across every single man in the entire organization? Herm has the mindset of a coach from before forward passes were legal, Solari is in over his head overpromoted moron, Carl Peterson is the embodiement of why Marx hated capitalism, Gunther is burned out has been of defense, and LJ is TO without the media attention?

Skip Towne
12-21-2006, 03:47 PM
GERM WARFARE is the only answer.

penchief
12-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Herm is a crappy coach-an excellent motivator??-far from it-his team came out flat in the opener and has bearly had a heartbeat.

Herm needs to go.

It seems like we always play the first two games of the season like they were the last two games of preseason.

Seems like we did it last year under Vermeil, too.

doomy3
12-21-2006, 10:59 PM
It seems like we always play the first two games of the season like they were the last two games of preseason.

Seems like we did it last year under Vermeil, too.

That would seem to tell you that it is more on the players we have, wouldn't it. Although, last year we came out strong against the Jets.

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 02:47 AM

Herm needs to go.

We didn't come out flat. We dominated the first quarter.

Then we just got outclassed because our QB was stinking, our O-line blew and our D-line got raped.

Coming out flat in the opener is getting whupped by the ****ing Rams.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2006, 03:05 AM
We didn't come out flat. We dominated the first quarter.

Then we just got outclassed because our QB was stinking, our O-line blew and our D-line got raped.

Coming out flat in the opener is getting whupped by the ****ing Rams.

I guess you were watching a different game than I as watching. The Chiefs SUCKED against the Bengals. Bad play calling, bad decisions, etc. They looked flat, uninspired and lame. Trent's always been an extremely slow starter and for the f*cking life of me, I'll never understand why the Chiefs ALWAYS chose to have the ball first, when 90% of the time, they flame out in the FIRST DRIVE! It's like Trint is asleep!

IF (and it's a major if) the Chiefs manage to survive to the playoff, they need to elect to pick the wind (or whatever) and have the offense ready for the second half. Because obviously, they're never ready at the beginning of a game.

Gravedigger
12-22-2006, 04:21 AM
Fact of the matter is our defense is middle of the pack they have their good games and they have their bad. THE PROBLEM is our offense we don't put points up on the board let alone we have a very terribly third down percentage and our defense gets no time to rest. When Herm came to town and kept preaching "I'm not going to take the spark out of the offense." I believed him. But now I see that his preacher like mentality of being a nice guy who will get em next week needs to stop that shit. We need to put points up on the board period and if you're telling me that two offense linemen changing is the reason we're not doing that then you're blind. It's the playcalling that is screwing us over I blame Solari for now he shoulda stayed offensive line coach.

Dave Lane
12-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I 10-6, 9-7, 10-6. You act like he built a dynasty.

Don't forget 6-10 and 4-12 overall a healthy 35-38 as a head coach. He is the bomb!!

Dave

greg63
12-25-2006, 11:34 PM
No I don't think LJ has any love for Solari to be honest. Herm can say run the ball more. Solari is the one not giving Trent the ability to audible out and calling dive plays into 9 man fronts.

Thanks for clarifying.

MadMax
12-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Wait, so is this the same LJ who continually bitched about DV and still does to this day?

The same one who was in love with Herm this time 4 weeks ago?

The same one who prior to the season said he needed the ball 30 times to start getting warmed up? Hard to get those kind of carries if you don't get the ball most first downs isn't it. Especially if you always ask to come out of the game every couple of plays so Bennett or Dee Brown can play.

Can't really throw on first down cause LJ won't block, so after the sack it's 2nd and 18. Play action you say? Problem there is that LJ won't sell the fake, so that's useless. Sounds to me like Randy Moss wanting the ball More, but only running hard on 5% of the plays.

Maybe Herm and the coaching isn't really the problem. Maybe it's that LJ is a baby and is becoming a cancer, and will never be happy.

I agree that Solari has been suspect on some play calls, but what are his choices if the guy who this offense is built around doesn't go hard all the time, and takes himself out of the game at key times?

Maybe it's time LJ points the finger at himself...

Flame away...

WoW! :shake: :rolleyes: :shrug: you are retarded! Damn.. I hate to be an ass,but you are ****in retarded

Basileus777
12-25-2006, 11:59 PM
for the f*cking life of me, I'll never understand why the Chiefs ALWAYS chose to have the ball first, when 90% of the time, they flame out in the FIRST DRIVE! It's like Trint is asleep!

Because this is the NFL (not madden or the NCAA) and there is no option to defer to the second half?

doomy3
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM
WoW! :shake: :rolleyes: :shrug: you are retarded! Damn.. I hate to be an ass,but you are ****in retarded

Well, if that's the case, feel free to dispute any one of my points. Not sure how you argue any of that.

MadMax
12-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Well, if that's the case, feel free to dispute any one of my points. Not sure how you argue any of that.

I'll just say without him we'd be about 3 and 12 (maybe a good thing) but his numbers speak for him (i dont need to) A cancer??? matter of opinion i suppose.If you want him gone...fine by me. This team has serious holes and LJ is not one of them....I've been faithfully heartbroken for 30+pus years so sometimes I get angry...lol I at least got to watch them win the big one in 1969 at 9 years old so i guess thats it.And IMO Solari is a retarded rhesus monkey.....

digi2fish
12-26-2006, 04:18 AM
the fact is, JETS ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFF

MahiMike
12-26-2006, 10:18 AM

SCREW these defensive coaches. Look where it's gotten the Jags the last 4 yrs under Del Rio. They all look the same; run, run, run and try not to make a mistake. Whoops! We turned the ball over and now we can't catch up in the last 2 minutes. Dumbest coaches in the league are defensive ones.

All Hail Dick Vermiel!!!

BigRedChief
12-26-2006, 10:42 AM
from NYChiefsfan

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/5442/solariedwards2ws4.jpg

Redrum_69
12-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Only thing I want is freaking Tony Gonzalez to break Shannon Sharpes record this year

That would guarantee a spot on the show...and we'd be able to understand what Tony is saying all the time

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:22 PM
SCREW these defensive coaches. Look where it's gotten the Jags the last 4 yrs under Del Rio. They all look the same; run, run, run and try not to make a mistake. Whoops! We turned the ball over and now we can't catch up in the last 2 minutes. Dumbest coaches in the league are defensive ones.

All Hail Dick Vermiel!!!

You're right Bill Belichick is a real idiot. :rolleyes:

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:24 PM
from NYChiefsfan

LMAO
Old Marty-ball morphed into Hermy-ball and has once again manifested itself at it's finest in Kansas City.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 02:25 PM
You're right Bill Belichick is a real idiot. :rolleyes:The Patriots D is not solely responsible for their past success. You'll notice that since Charlie Weiss left and they started letting their WRs leave they're a shell of the team they once were.

What it boils down to is that you can't be one dimensional in any facet of the game. You can't be all D or O. On offense, you can't be all run or pass. On defense, you can't cover perfectly but allow a ton of rushing yardage (or vice versa). Championship teams are able to find a way to do it all. The second you become one-dimensional, the other teams will see it on film and kill you with your weakness.

Bill Parcells
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
from NYChiefsfan

ROFL