PDA

View Full Version : Teicher: I love me some Hootie

Wile_E_Coyote
12-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Chiefs' Green machine sputters

It has not been a well-oiled KC offense since the starting quarterback returned from his severe concussion.

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Huard vs. Green in 2006 (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16286667.htm) Notebook: Herm's OK with LJ (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16286484.htm)
The Chiefs had all this figured out long before Trent Green returned from his severe concussion. He would reclaim his starting quarterback spot, play like the Green of before and lead his team on its charge to a playoff spot.

Obviously, the Chiefs now realize, they had a few things wrong. They’ve lost three straight and scored one measly touchdown in the last two games. Though mathematically alive at 7-7, they have been elbowed out of any kind of strategic position for a wild-card playoff berth.

The Chiefs aren’t pointing to Green as the only suspect in their demise. But they’ve started to wonder whether instead of being part of the solution, he’s part of the problem.

At the least, Green may be playing his way out of an unquestioned starting spot for next season. Damon Huard is scheduled to become a free agent and will probably move on, but rookie Brodie Croyle is a favorite of coach Herm Edwards and is, sooner or later, destined to become the Chiefs’ starter.

Edwards probably won’t give the job to Croyle outright next season, but he may open the competition. One of Edwards’ goals after joining the Chiefs last January was to energize his team by going with younger players.

Replacing the 36-year-old Green with Croyle is one way to further that process.

In that sense, Green could be playing for his Kansas City future in the season’s final two games beginning Saturday night against the Raiders in Oakland.

Edwards artfully dodged questions about Green’s culpability in the Chiefs’ offensive problems. But his failure to defend Green, as he was willing to do in the games shortly after his return from the concussion, seems to speak loudly.

“He’s trying to make plays,” Edwards said diplomatically. “When you’re playing against good defenses, you feel like you’ve got to make a play. At times, we’ve tried to do that and we haven’t.”

Green has certainly been affected by a number of problem areas around him. The Chiefs can’t block for him as well as they once did. Their running game hasn’t been as consistent as it once was. Their defense hasn’t made the significant progress Edwards hoped it would by this point in the season.

That’s why there’s some sense he’s been a victim of circumstances.

“Ultimately, our quarterback is going to play as good as we play,” guard Brian Waters said. “Ultimately, he cannot throw the ball to receivers if they’re not in the right place. He cannot throw the ball if he’s on his back. It’s hard to throw the ball when it’s third down and long because we haven’t been able to run the ball.

“We have to do a better job all the way around.”

Still, the Chiefs have long maintained the best way to judge a quarterback is by his won-lost record. The Chiefs are 2-4 with Green as their starter and 5-3 under Huard.

They scored 30 or more points in four of Huard’s starts but in none of Green’s. They looked truly comfortable offensively for only part of one game under Green’s command, that being the first three quarters of a recent loss in Cleveland.

Huard, affected by the same factors as Green, remains perched in passer rating among Pro Bowl selections and league MVP candidates like Peyton Manning, Tony Romo and Drew Brees. Huard is second in the AFC and fourth in the NFL.

Green’s passer rating is well down the list and puts him in the same vicinity as Detroit’s Jon Kitna and Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger, nobody’s MVP candidates and the NFL’s interception leaders.

“I’m the quarterback, so I shoulder a lot of that responsibility,” Green said. “All I can do is try to execute the best I can and trust that everybody is going to do their jobs.

“It’s been really frustrating for us. We’ve played two really good defenses the last couple of weeks, but this offense has set a standard over the last several years that it doesn’t matter what defense we’re playing. We’ve had a lot of success (until this season) scoring points.”
Green was also the offensive player most affected by the change from head coach Dick Vermeil and offensive coordinator Al Saunders to Edwards and Mike Solari.

Under the old regime, Green was comfortable taking his chances by throwing passes down the field. Turnovers were tolerated as long as they were in an acceptable ratio to big plays.

Turnovers are to be avoided at all costs under the conservative Edwards.

“I’ve had to learn the transition to our (new offensive) approach,” Green said. “We’ve got a new offensive coordinator and a new head coach. We’ve gone from an offensive-minded head coach to a defensive-minded head coach. We’re taking a different approach, not that one is right and one is wrong because both have had success. Both programs have worked. It’s just that it’s different.”
<HR class=tagline color=#cccccc SIZE=1>To reach Adam Teicher, Chiefs reporter for The Star, call (816) 234-4875 or send e-mail to ateicher@kcstar.com (ateicher@kcstar.com)

DaFace
12-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Hootie = Super Genius

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9813/wilefaceoj0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Skip Towne
12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Hootie = Super Genius

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9813/wilefaceoj0.gif (http://imageshack.us)
A legend in his own mind.

FAX
12-21-2006, 12:57 PM
... “Ultimately, our quarterback is going to play as good as we play,” guard Brian Waters said. “Ultimately, he cannot throw the ball to receivers if they’re not in the right place. He cannot throw the ball if he’s on his back. It’s hard to throw the ball when it’s third down and long because we haven’t been able to run the ball.

“We have to do a better job all the way around. ...

Thank God for Brian Waters. The man has good sense.

Our lineladies can't block pudding which makes everyone look bad or worse.

FAX

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 01:00 PM
What happened to Hootie? I havent seen him around lately?

Oh wait I added him to my ignore list. Nevermind.

Halfcan
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Yep its all Green-not our suckass line, not the inability to pick up simple blitzes up the middle, not our suckass receivers dropping easy passes off their hands, not shitty play calling, not a coach that can't fire his team up or manage a game.

Yep its all Green-lets run that SOB out of town-jeez he sucks.

boogblaster
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Hootie is out looking for him and Huard a house ...

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 01:05 PM
So, now both the national media, and the local media agree with me...

Looks like you Chiefs homers are on your own now!

ck_IN
12-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Our line isn't helping as is the inability of our RB to block or our WR's to get open and actually catch a pass. However the biggest thing hurting Green is Green.

Trent Green is a very good system QB. Unfortunately for him that system retired to PA and relocated to DC. Now Green isn't in his system and he's being exposed. Getting a decent Oline will help as would finding an actual #1 WR but Green would still be a fish out of water.

Stinger
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
So, now both the national media, and the local media agree with me...

There is something to hang your hat on.

ROFLROFLROFL

chagrin
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Hello, Wide ****ing Receivers?

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Hello, Wide ****ing Receivers?
Hello, Damon Huard didn't seem to have a problem.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-21-2006, 01:46 PM
We actually really have to get a WR or two this offseason. Not kidding this time.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 03:04 PM
none of my teichers ever liked me =(

ptlyon
12-21-2006, 03:05 PM
We actually really have to get a WR or two this offseason. Not kidding this time.

I can't wait for the draft - Carl will go up to the counter and say "We'll have one of everything.".

Chief Henry
12-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Our line isn't helping as is the inability of our RB to block or our WR's to get open and actually catch a pass. However the biggest thing hurting Green is Green.

Trent Green is a very good system QB. Unfortunately for him that system retired to PA and relocated to DC. Now Green isn't in his system and he's being exposed. Getting a decent Oline will help as would finding an actual #1 WR but Green would still be a fish out of water.

They'd have a better chance of catching the passes if he would hit them in the hands instead of there feet. Having said that, I really
like Trent. He's an upstanding guy and a great family guy. I respect him GREATLY for all of those qualities. He's been one hell of an accurate passer. How he's threaded some passes to Gonzo over the years is amazing. But the last several years he's throwing more and more passes low and at the feet of our receivers. I've noticed his
play action pass fakes getting extremely weak the last two years also.
Trent's been a great KC Chief on and off the field. But at the age of 36
and his accuarcy going south, its time to look in a new direction.

Trent deserved to play in a superbowl. But Dick "defenseless" Vermeil
ruined Trent's chances for that.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Do you really think that, without Dick Vermeil, Trent Green would've ever been considered a pro bowl caliber QB?! I certainly don't. Vermeil MADE Trent. He was mediocre, at best, his one year starting in Washington...if I remember correctly, his completion percentage was in the lower 50's.

ptlyon
12-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Whatever he said...

[Holding him against a brick wall]

Where's my rep? WHERE'S MY REP?!?

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
And if the coach would of just put in Unlce Rico, i mean Uncle Huard, in the 4th quarter, we would of won state.

no doubt, no doubt in my mind...

you know uncle Huard can throw a pigskin a quarter of a mile?

ck_IN
12-21-2006, 03:23 PM
<i>Vermeil MADE Trent.</i>

Actually I would say what made Trent was playing behind an Oline that had 5 pro bowlers (should've been anyway) one of which is a HoF'r. It also didn't hurt to have a pro bowler at FB, another at TE and two of the most dominating RB's.

But playing in DV/AS's gimmick O also did play a big part.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 03:25 PM
<i>Vermeil MADE Trent.</i>

Actually I would say what made Trent was playing behind an Oline that had 5 pro bowlers (should've been anyway) one of which is a HoF'r. It also didn't hurt to have a pro bowler at FB, another at TE and two of the most dominating RB's.

But playing in DV/AS's gimmick O also did play a big part.

gimmick O? You have been watching to much of the 06 chiefs this year. We havent had anything that resembled a professional offense this year, but two games. 49ers and Cleveland.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM
gimmick O? You have been watching to much of the 06 chiefs this year. We havent had anything that resembled a professional offense this year, but two games. 49ers and Cleveland.
LMAO!

Uhm...

Seattle and San Diego (at Arrowhead) ring a bell?! How about St. Louis.

You're a ****ing toolbox.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 03:27 PM
(Ironically, those were all games in which Damon Huard started.)

The problem is Trent Green, not Mike Solari.

tk13
12-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Do you really think that, without Dick Vermeil, Trent Green would've ever been considered a pro bowl caliber QB?! I certainly don't. Vermeil MADE Trent. He was mediocre, at best, his one year starting in Washington...if I remember correctly, his completion percentage was in the lower 50's.
Actually it was Martz that liked Trent. He worked with him in Washington, then helped bring him to St. Louis. Trent did have 23 TD's and 11 INT's that year.. which was always his thing anyway, efficiency.

tk13
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
He's always been that way, don't mind him. The run and shoot is a gimmick O, the Coryell offense has been around forever... if it's a gimmick every offense and defense in the league is a gimmick.

tk13
12-21-2006, 03:34 PM

No, the problem is Arrowhead. We don't play well away from it regardless of the QB.

ptlyon
12-21-2006, 03:36 PM
No, the problem is Arrowhead.

Amen. I wish people would wake up and realize we've never won a championship in that ****ing place.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Actually it was Martz that liked Trent. He worked with him in Washington, then helped bring him to St. Louis. Trent did have 23 TD's and 11 INT's that year.. which was always his thing anyway, efficiency.
with a 54.6% completion %

Redrum_69
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
You're a ****ing toolbox.

Your mom is like a toolbox...once you get your tool inside her box you'll never use it again and the neighbors are always borrowing her and never returning her

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Hootie on ignore so i dont see what he reply's.... Once I realized he was 12, I had no choice, plus it is not like anything intelligent comes out anway.

Ignore is a great tool..

Also, I didnt know Huard started the Ceveland game. Where was I?

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Your mom is like a toolbox...once you get your tool inside her box you'll never use it again and the neighbors are always borrowing her and never returning her

dude that is some funny stuff....:clap::toast:

tk13
12-21-2006, 03:48 PM
with a 54.6% completion %
Yep, he had a bad completion percentage in one season almost a decade ago. That means he sucks. Thank you, gochiefs, for that startling analysis.

Redrum_69
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Hootie on ignore so i dont see what he reply's.... Once I realized he was 12, I had no choice, plus it is not like anything intelligent comes out anway.

Ignore is a great tool..

Also, I didnt know Huard started the Ceveland game. Where was I?

Hooties 12????

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Hooties 12????

Would have to be, Cant imagine him being any older than that, He gets his feathers ruffled pretty quick in defense of Huard...

That or a serious Man-Love Crush?

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 04:03 PM
what's the over/under on how many times Reerun is going to mention he has on me ignore?! I'll set it at 50.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Yep, he had a bad completion percentage in one season almost a decade ago. That means he sucks. Thank you, gochiefs, for that startling analysis.
?

Dude, we were talking about what made Green so appealing to Vermeil YEARS ago when he was brought to St. Louis...

In no way was I suggesting his 54.6% completion rate almost a decade ago was reason for him sucking.

dirk digler
12-21-2006, 04:12 PM
I will admit I am one of Trent's biggest fans but he is just as much a problem as the O-Line is. He hasn't played well at all since returning and looks hesitant in the pocket. Maybe we did make the wrong decision.

tk13
12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
?

Dude, we were talking about what made Green so appealing to Vermeil YEARS ago when he was brought to St. Louis...

In no way was I suggesting his 54.6% completion rate almost a decade ago was reason for him sucking.
Martz was his QB coach in Washington. It was his recommendation that brought him to St. Louis. Vermeil obviously liked him too, which is why he was brought to KC.

Short Leash Hootie
I will admit I am one of Trent's biggest fans but he is just as much a problem as the O-Line is. He hasn't played well at all since returning and looks hesitant in the pocket. Maybe we did make the wrong decision.
score 1 for Hootie

Short Leash Hootie
Martz was his QB coach in Washington. It was his recommendation that brought him to St. Louis. Vermeil obviously liked him too, which is why he was brought to KC.
Yes...

We've accomplished that.

=)

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I admire and respect what Green as done for the Chiefs for 5 years. He stabilized a position for us that was a revolving door.

Im torn because ive always been a little perplexed at times by his decision making. He has always thrown a high amount of INT's and has an unusual knack for throwing red zone INT's (unforgivable in my book)

He made another really bad throw in last weeks game against SD that was an INT.

Personally, I think its time to go in a new direction with the offense. Bring in a new young O-cordinator and a new QB to run it. Either draft one high or go with Croyle.

IM just tired of the same old ting every year....I hope management feels the same way??

tk13
12-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Yes...

We've accomplished that.

=)
No, you don't understand. When Trent was in Washington, Mike Martz was his QB coach. What happened then, was Martz was hired as the offensive coordinator in St. Louis. He was a big reason Trent came to St. Louis.

JonesCrusher
12-21-2006, 04:23 PM
I definitely know that Huard would have been less productive in those games that Green was allowed to play in.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 04:25 PM
No, you don't understand. When Trent was in Washington, Mike Martz was his QB coach. What happened then, was Martz was hired as the offensive coordinator in St. Louis. He was a big reason Trent came to St. Louis.
So, how did Trent wind up in St. Louis?!

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I definitely know that Huard would have been less productive in those games that Green was allowed to play in.
Oh.

Good.

I can sleep at night now.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 04:26 PM

There is just no way... Just no way.....

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 04:26 PM

Who knows? honestly, its really not worth the time and effort debating it. It probably would have made no difference in the end. This team has far worse problems then QB.

IM just ready for a fresh start for the whole team.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 04:30 PM
DUDE, JONESCRUSHER 'DEFINITELY' KNOWS. CASE CLOSED.

tk13
12-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I admire and respect what Green as done for the Chiefs for 5 years. He stabilized a position for us that was a revolving door.

Im torn because ive always been a little perplexed at times by his decision making. He has always thrown a high amount of INT's and has an unusual knack for throwing red zone INT's (unforgivable in my book)

He made another really bad throw in last weeks game against SD that was an INT.

Personally, I think its time to go in a new direction with the offense. Bring in a new young O-cordinator and a new QB to run it. Either draft one high or go with Croyle.

IM just tired of the same old ting every year....I hope management feels the same way??
Knack for INT's? Since joining the Chiefs in 2001, Trent has 65 TD, 10 INT in the red zone. And that's including his miserable first year. Otherwise he has 7 red zone INT's in the last 5 seasons.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Knack for INT's? Since joining the Chiefs in 2001, Trent has 65 TD, 10 INT in the red zone. And that's including his miserable first year. Otherwise he has 7 red zone INT's in the last 5 seasons.

I guess i should have said Untimely. Like the 2002 game at Seattle on the goal line...or the 2004 game against the Texans at home...just a couple that stand out to me...

bringbackmarty
12-21-2006, 04:39 PM
hootie is gochiefs?

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 04:39 PM
That doesn't seem a bit high to you?! I mean, considering the fact we've had Priest or LJ for that entire 5 year stretch.

mikey23545
12-21-2006, 07:16 PM
I guess i should have said Untimely. Like the 2002 game at Seattle on the goal line...or the 2004 game against the Texans at home...just a couple that stand out to me...

Like I have said before, Trent doesn't just have turnovers, he has huge game-turning, season changing turnovers, both throwing ints and fumbling the ball away.

It's not that he has an inordinate number of TO's, they just always seem to be the kind that keep you from being able to sleep the night after a game.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:17 PM
I think my sig is a little more appopriate now

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Like I have said before, Trent doesn't just have turnovers, he has huge game-turning, season changing turnovers, both throwing ints and fumbling the ball away.

It's not that he has an inordinate number of TO's, they just always seem to be the kind that keep you from being able to sleep the night after a game.

Exactly. Like i said earlier, i love the guy and respect what hes done here, but perhaps his time is done in KC. Football is a business and hard decisions need to be made.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Exactly. Like i said earlier, i love the guy and respect what hes done here, but perhaps his time is done in KC. Football is a business and hard decisions need to be made.
WELCOME
TO
WHAT
I
SAID
BEFORE
HE
EVEN
WAS
NAMED
STARTER
AGAIN
TWO
MONTHS
AGO
BUT
I'M
GLAD
YOU'RE
ALL
FINALLY
STARTING
TO
SEE
THE
LIGHT

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2006, 07:23 PM
I can't believe this place. Trent has a couple of bad games, that were more the result of TERRIBLE protection than anything, and we're all ready to throw him under the bus.

Of course it's nothing new. Croyle hasn't even been given a CHANCE and people are already giving up on him.

tk13
12-21-2006, 07:25 PM
You guys are all insane. We had a defense that was historically bad, and you're blaming Trent Green for our failures because he wasn't absolutely perfect. He literally had to be perfect for us to win half the time because we had a defense that couldn't get off the field.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:25 PM
TRENT
GREEN
ISN'T
ANY
GOOD
WITH
HERM
ON
OUR
SIDELINES
HUARD
IS
THE
BEST
OPTION
I
HAVE
NEVER
SEEN
A
QB
THE
CHIEFS
DRAFTED
TURN
INTO
ANYTHING
SPECIAL
SO
CROYLE

Tribal Warfare
12-21-2006, 07:26 PM
I can't believe this place. Trent has a couple of bad games, that were more the result of TERRIBLE protection than anything, and we're all ready to throw him under the bus.

Of course it's nothing new. Croyle hasn't even been given a CHANCE and people are already giving up on him.

It's the common fan shit with snap judgements, or they never played a down of football in their lives. thus, talking out their ass

Short Leash Hootie
You guys are all insane. We had a defense that was historically bad, and you're blaming Trent Green for our failures because he wasn't absolutely perfect. He literally had to be perfect for us to win half the time because we had a defense that couldn't get off the field.
IT
HELPS
WHEN
PRIEST
HOLMES
WAS
GETTING
YARDS
WITHOUT
EVEN
BEING
TOUCHED
TRENT
ALWAYS
MAKES
THAT
ONE
THROW
WHERE
YOU'RE
GOD
DAMNIT
GREEN
WHAT
ARE
YOU
DOING
?

Short Leash Hootie
It's the common fan shit, with snap judgements, or never played a down of football in their lives
PLAYING
HIGH
SCHOOL
FOOTBALL
A)
DOESN'T
IMPRESS
ME
B)
DOESN'T
MEAN
YOU
KNOW
SHIT

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah, Green hit alot of defensive ends in the hands five yards from the end zone...

Tribal Warfare
12-21-2006, 07:27 PM
PLAYING
HIGH
SCHOOL
FOOTBALL
A)
DOESN'T
IMPRESS
ME
B)
DOESN'T
MEAN
YOU
KNOW
SHIT

I know the god damn QB position

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:28 PM
I know the god damn QB position
WELL
APPARENTLY
ACCORDING
TO
EVERY
MEDIA
OUTLET
THAT
TALKS
ABOUT
THE
CHIEFS
QB
SITUATION
AND
THEIR
DECISION
TO
BENCH
HUARD
SO
DO
I

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 07:29 PM

IM not throwing him under the bus. Ive been saying this stuff about him for 5 years.

Look, hes a good solid QB, but its not like hes Joe Montana, Tom Brady or Brett Favre.

Plus hes 36 year old. Its time to go in a new direction even if that means having a few of those 3-13 seasons.

tk13
I'm beginning to think Zach didn't go far enough when he took away your threadmaking ability.

Short Leash Hootie
Yeah, Green hit alot of defensive ends in the hands five yards from the end zone...
ONE
THROW
ARE
YOU
KIDDING
ME
?
I
CAN
NAME
A
GAME
WHERE
WE
WERE
FIRST
AND
GOAL
FROM
THE
YARD
LINE
AND
GREEN
THREW
A
PICK
POINT
SWING
AND
WE
LOST

Tribal Warfare
12-21-2006, 07:30 PM
WELL
APPARENTLY
ACCORDING
TO
EVERY
MEDIA
OUTLET
THAT
TALKS
ABOUT
THE
CHIEFS
QB
SITUATION
AND
THEIR
DECISION
TO
BENCH
HUARD
SO
DO
I

Like Green's 1st year when Phobia affectionately named him TrInt?

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm beginning to think Zach didn't go far enough when he took away your threadmaking ability.
OH
WHY
BECAUSE
I
COUNTED
TODAY
AND
WHAT
DID
I
FIND
OUT
?
OUT
OF
MY
THREADS
WERE
CHIEFS
RELATED
YET
I
CAN'T
MAKE
THREADS
MAKES
SENSE

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Like Green's 1st year when Phobia affectionately named him TrInt?
GREEN
IS
I
LOVE
THE
GUY
BUT
IT'S
TIME
TO
MOVE
ON.
GIVE
ME
TWO
MORE
YEARS
OF
HUARD
AND
THEN
LET'S
CHERRYPICK
A
BACKUP
FROM
SOMEONE
ELSE
WE
ALWAYS
DO

Tribal Warfare
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
GREEN
IS
I
LOVE
THE
GUY
BUT
IT'S
TIME
TO
MOVE
ON.
GIVE
ME
TWO
MORE
YEARS
OF
HUARD
AND
THEN
LET'S
CHERRYPICK
A
BACKUP
FROM
SOMEONE
ELSE
WE
ALWAYS
DO

I think you officially gone retarded with this ALL CAPS SHIT

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:33 PM
HA
HA
HA
YOU
DON'T
DIG
MY
NEW
POSTING
STYLE
?

NewChief
12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I think you officially gone retarded with this ALL CAPS SHIT

Please stop quoting the moron. I have him on ignore for a reason.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
GREEN
HAS
BEEN
SACKED
THREE
MORE
TIMES
THAN
HUARD
IN
LESS
PASS
ATTEMPTS
AT
WHAT
POINT
ARE
WE
GOING
TO
START
HOLDING
HIM
ACCOUNTABLE
?

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:35 PM
THIS
GUY
MENTIONS
HE
HAS
ME
ON
IGNORE
TIMES
A
DAY
OBSESS
MUCH
?

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 07:35 PM

I have to agree. It is totally ruining a perfectly good discussion thread with his grade school antics and babble....

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
what's the over/under on how many times Reerun is going to mention he has on me ignore?! I'll set it at 50.
THAT'S 1 LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!

I HOPE YOU ALL TOOK THE OVER.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
BESIDES, IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO RUIN A GOOD DISCUSSION DON'T PUT MY ****ING NAME IN THE THREAD TITLE.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 08:00 PM
IM not throwing him under the bus. Ive been saying this stuff about him for 5 years.

Look, hes a good solid QB, but its not like hes Joe Montana, Tom Brady or Brett Favre.

Plus hes 36 year old. Its time to go in a new direction even if that means having a few of those 3-13 seasons.

You know, with the numbers he has put up with what little WR corps we have had. I think he has done a hell of a job. If we would of had anything that closely resembles a actual NFL defense in the last 5 years, people would look at Trent in a different way.

Montana, Brady and Farve all had a defense at one time.

I think it is time for Trent to move on. He is a system QB, thrives with organization and the willingness to attack downfield. Good arm, pretty accurate.

We are running an offensive system that looking like a covey of chickens having a free for all orgy. There isnt any rhymn or reason to the calls or management of the game. Just a total cluster f*ck the majority of the time.

Is Huard the answer? Dont know, has been a career backup for so long that he played with Marino. But he is what 33 or 34 now? Do you want to invest any money or time into someone that you are just using at patchwork/fillin until you draft (croyle?) or aquire a solid quality QB for your starter, Huard with his age clearly isnt the long term answer, just like Trent.

But in a system where you run, run, pass short of the first down. Huard might be the answer for the next 1-2 years. You arent going to put the game in his hands and the play calling is going to be so Hermservative that it really doesnt matter who is the QB. Just need a body to hand the rock off. IF that is the case, why put time into someone that is going to be retired in a few years.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-21-2006, 08:50 PM
I love me some booty.

Short Leash Hootie
12-22-2006, 01:55 AM
I love me some booty.
BUT
WHAT
ABOUT
HOOTIE
?
!