PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn - two birds, one stone?

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 06:06 AM
He'd be an instant-upgrade at wide receiver and give us an explosive threat at the position for the first time in, uh... a while, and he could take over for Daintyhall at kick/punt returner.

IMO he has return skills as good as Devin Hester, but he's a legit position player, too, with a lot of upside.

Note that I'm personally in favor of DT and OT over WR, but I am beginning to think this kid will be a special player at the next level.

chagrin
12-22-2006, 07:38 AM
I am torn between DT and WR but I would definitely like to see Ginn on the roster. Mario Manningham as well, that would be too good - nver happen of course

Mecca
12-22-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm not a big fan of Ginn, his hype has always been greater than his performance.

He'd fit right in with our current crop of great speed and crappy hands. Ginn to me in the NFL is a 2/3 that will always be unreliable but make some big plays to make some people think he's good or ready to breakout but will always hover there.

bkkcoh
12-22-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of Ginn, his hype has always been greater than his performance.

He'd fit right in with our current crop of great speed and crappy hands. Ginn to me in the NFL is a 2/3 that will always be unreliable but make some big plays to make some people think he's good or ready to breakout but will always hover there.

I totally disagree with you on this. I think he is every bit as good as the hype. Being in Buckeyeland, we get to see him almost every week. He would be an instant threat, if he can pick up the offense. As a return man, he is punted and kicked away from most of the time. He is so fast and explosive. When people have the angle and they still can't catch up to him, that is fast......

I wouldn't mind having him in a Chiefs uniform next year....... :toast:

Mecca
12-22-2006, 07:53 AM
I totally disagree with you on this. I think he is every bit as good as the hype. Being in Buckeyeland, we get to see him almost every week. He would be an instant threat, if he can pick up the offense. As a return man, he is punted and kicked away from most of the time. He is so fast and explosive. When people have the angle and they still can't catch up to him, that is fast......

I wouldn't mind having him in a Chiefs uniform next year....... :toast:

To me he doesn't touch guys like Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Jarrett, but he'll skyrocket on draft day due to a sub 4.4 40. I consider Jarrett the better player but Ginn's gonna go higher because of workout numbers.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 08:16 AM
I've watched nearly every game of Ginn's career and while I fall somewhere in the middle of you two, I lean towards Mecca's analysis.

If we could get our hands on Jarrett, we'd be onto something.

I differ from Mecca in my opinion of Calvin Johnson, but that's ok.

Mecca
12-22-2006, 08:21 AM
I've watched nearly every game of Ginn's career and while I fall somewhere in the middle of you two, I lean towards Mecca's analysis.

If we could get our hands on Jarrett, we'd be onto something.

I differ from Mecca in my opinion of Calvin Johnson, but that's ok.

All Calvin Johnson needs is a decent QB and some coaching and he'll be pro bowl.....he's a bigger faster Andre Johnson. You couldn't ask for more physical tools than what Calvin Johnson has....

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 08:23 AM
All Calvin Johnson needs is a decent QB and some coaching and he'll be pro bowl.....he's a bigger faster Andre Johnson. You couldn't ask for more physical tools than what Calvin Johnson has....

A bigger faster Andre Johnson still isn't a top flight WR in this league.

I question whether Johnson has the concentration/determination to be THE BEST. His route running leaves alot to be desired, and when the opposing defenses keyed on him in the games I watched, he seemed to just give up.

Give me Jarrett, he's a complete WR.

Mecca
12-22-2006, 08:26 AM

I question whether Johnson has the concentration/determination to be THE BEST. His route running leaves alot to be desired, and when the opposing defenses keyed on him in the games I watched, he seemed to just give up.

Give me Jarrett, he's a complete WR.

I'm a USC fan and I have a hard time saying Jarrett is a better player.....give Johnson the QB's Jarrett has played with. I think you or I could go out there and chuck it about as good as Reggie Ball that guy is about as awful as you can get.

By the way I've loved Andre Johnson since he was at Miami and questioned how Rogers could get picked ahead of him in that draft......to me Andre Johnson who's a 2 time pro bowl WR is a legit #1 in this league.

Saulbadguy
12-22-2006, 08:28 AM

Man, you were %100 right about Vince Young. Props!!!!!

Mecca
12-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Man, you were %100 right about Vince Young. Props!!!!!

Hey you win some you lose some........but we'll see what happens in a few years. All of this happened with Vick when he first started playing and he never got better.......of course Young has better coaches than Vick has ever had.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm a USC fan and I have a hard time saying Jarrett is a better player.....give Johnson the QB's Jarrett has played with. I think you or I could go out there and chuck it about as good as Reggie Ball that guy is about as awful as you can get.

By the way I've loved Andre Johnson since he was at Miami and questioned how Rogers could get picked ahead of him in that draft......to me Andre Johnson who's a 2 time pro bowl WR is a legit #1 in this league.

Yes, Reggie Ball is bad.

The problem I have with Johnson (both Andre and Calvin) is that they got by because they were superior physical specimens. When it came time to WORK for something, they seemed to throw up their hands (kinda like Randy Moss, but not nearly as bad).

As for Andre being a two-time PB'er, I really honestly don't know why. The only season he's come close to being a top-flight WR is this year.

For his career, prior to this season, he's averaged 69 catches, 935 yards, and 4 TDs per season. Where's Eddie Kennison's Pro Bowl berth?

Mecca
12-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Yes, Reggie Ball is bad.

The problem I have with Johnson (both Andre and Calvin) is that they got by because they were superior physical specimens. When it came time to WORK for something, they seemed to throw up their hands (kinda like Randy Moss, but not nearly as bad).

As for Andre being a two-time PB'er, I really honestly don't know why. The only season he's come close to being a top-flight WR is this year.

For his career, prior to this season, he's averaged 69 catches, 935 yards, and 4 TDs per season. Where's Eddie Kennison's Pro Bowl berth?

2004-79-1142-6
this year-97-1087-5

in 4 years including this year he has 305-3893-17

I think he's been a little better than you are giving him credit for. Last year he only caught 63 but was hampered by injury problems.

Also to add Eddie Kennisons highest yardage year is less than Johnsons and Kennison has never come close to catching 97 balls in a year.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 08:43 AM
2004-79-1142-6
this year-97-1087-5

in 4 years including this year he has 305-3893-17

I think he's been a little better than you are giving him credit for. Last year he only caught 63 but was hampered by injury problems.

He's FINALLY come into his own this year, that's my point. His previous Pro Bowl appearance was marginal at best.

If he can put together another year next year like this one, than he's definitely a top-flight WR, but he's got to do it for more than one year.

Mecca
12-22-2006, 08:45 AM
His 2004 was a very good year for a 2nd year WR....he was on the verge of breaking out then he just got hurt last year missed games played only in pieces of others. I think Johnson arrived in 2004 he just had an injury hampered year last year or we'd have seen this before.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 08:46 AM
His 2004 was a very good year for a 2nd year WR....he was on the verge of breaking out then he just got hurt last year missed games played only in pieces of others. I think Johnson arrived in 2004 he just had an injury hampered year last year or we'd have seen this before.

That very well could be.

duncan_idaho
12-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Ginn is the next Desmond Howard...

Great speed, great return skills but not a great receiver.

Thankfully, he'll be gone before the Chiefs draft... dare I hope to the Raiders?

Even Al Davis wouldn't be dumb enough to draft a WR when his team needs a QB so badly, would he?

It IS Al Davis... and Ginn DOES have great deep speed...

:hmmm:

DaKCMan AP
12-22-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm not a big fan of taking WRs in the top-20. IMO, there's much more separation in the quality of 1st round talent compared to 2nd, 3rd, 4th round guys with other positions. You can find many good WRs later in the draft.

From the past 10 years:

WRs taken Top-20
- Santonio Holmes
- Braylon Edwards
- Troy Williamson
- Mike Williams
- Larry Fitzgerald
- Roy Williams
- Reggie Williams
- Lee Evans
- Michael Clayton
- Charles Rogers
- Andre Johnson
- Bryant Johnson
- Dante Stallworth
- Ashley Lelie
- Javon Walker
- David Terrell
- Koren Robinson
- Rod Gardner
- Santana Moss
- Peter Warrick
- Plaxico Burress
- Travis Taylor
- Kevin Dyson
- Torry Holt
- David Boston
- Troy Edwards
- Ike Hilliard
- Yatil Green
- Reidel Anthony
- Keyshawn Johnson
- Terry Glenn
- Marvin Harrison

Late 1st round:
- Matt Jones
- Mark Clayton
- Roddy White
- Michael Jenkings
- Rashaun Woods
- Freddie Mitchell
- Reggie Wayne
- Sylvester Morris
- R. Jay Soward
- Randy Moss
- Marcus Nash
- Rae Carruth
- Eric Moulds

2nd round:
- Chad Jackson
- Sinorice Moss
- Greg Jennings
- Devin Hester
- Reggie Brown
- Roscoe Parrish
- Devrey Henderson
- Darius Watts
- Keary Colbert
- Taylor Jacobs
- Anquan Boldin
- Bethel Johnson
- Jabar Gaffney
- Josh Reed
- Reche Caldwell
- Antwan Randle-El
- Deion Branch
- Antonio Bryant
- Chad Johnson
- Chris Chambers
- Quincy Morgan
- Robert Ferguson
- Kevin Johnson
- Peerless Price
- Amani Toomer
- Muhsin Muhammed

Later:
Chris Henry (3rd)
Samie Parker (4th)
Ernest Wilford (4th)
DJ Hackett (5th)
Patrick Crayton (7th)
Nate Burleson (3rd)
Kevin Curtis (3rd)
Brandon Lloyd (4th)
Doug Gabriel (5th)
Ronald Curry (7th)
David Givens (7th)
Steve Smith (3rd)
Justin McCareins (4th)
TJ Houshmandzadeh (7th)
Laverneous Coles (3rd)
Darrell Jackson (3rd)
Dante Hall (5th)
Marty Booker (3rd)
Brandon Stokley (4th)
Donald Driver (7th)
Hines Ward (3rd)
Derrick Mason (4th)
Marcus Robinson (4th)
Terrell Owens (3rd)
Joe Horn (5th)

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm not a big fan of taking WRs in the top-20. IMO, there's much more separation in the quality of 1st round talent compared to 2nd, 3rd, 4th round guys with other positions. You can find many good WRs later in the draft.

Yeah, I thought about posting something similar. I instantly thought of Santonio Holmes (who is a better WR prospect than Ginn).

If Calvin Johnson or Jarrett was there, we'd have a hard time not taking one of them. But after that, we should look elsewhere.

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 09:59 AM

ROFL

You'd be hard-pressed to FIND a bigger and faster receiver than Andre Johnson, and if you did - he'd be a top-flight receiver... easily.

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 10:01 AM
I instantly thought of Santonio Holmes (who is a better WR prospect than Ginn).

Most draft gurus that I have seen (Mayock, Kiper, various websites) speak of Ginn in much higher regard than Holmes.

Holmes had the polish but Ginn has much more explosiveness and potential.

That's what the NFL looks for, otherwise a guy like Jeffy S outta Notre Dame would be a top-10 prospect.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 10:01 AM
ROFL

You'd be hard-pressed to FIND a bigger and faster receiver than Andre Johnson, and if you did - he'd be a top-flight receiver... easily.

Laugh away.

Height, weight, and 40-times alone don't make top-flight WR's. Concentration, hands, and route-running do.

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Height, weight, and 40-times alone don't make top-flight WR's.

Course not.

And Andre offers more than that. He has amazing body control, great leaping ability, among other talents.

It's why he was chosen #3 overall and has made the Pro Bowl even in spite of a HORRIBLE QB.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Most draft gurus that I have seen (Mayock, Kiper, various websites) speak of Ginn in much higher regard than Holmes.

Holmes had the polish but Ginn has much more explosiveness and potential.

That's what the NFL looks for, otherwise a guy like Jeffy S outta Notre Dame would be a top-10 prospect.

Mike Mayock is a hack.

And yes, that's what the NFL looks for. That's why guys like Jeffy S outta Notre Dame play for 10 years while guys like Mike Williams and Charles Rogers collect 1st-round salaries.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Course not.

And Andre offers more than that. He has amazing body control, great leaping ability, among other talents.

It's why he was chosen #3 overall and has made the Pro Bowl even in spite of a HORRIBLE QB.

He was chosen #3 overall because he's an amazing physical specimen. And whether you use the QB excuse or not, he hasn't yet lived up to the hype.

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Mike Mayock is a hack.

I'll take his hours of studying over any opinion here.

That's why guys like Jeffy S outta Notre Dame play for 10 years while guys like Mike Williams and Charles Rogers collect 1st-round salaries.

ROFL

Sure.

And shall I go ahead and list the receivers with marginal talent, but run such great routes, who aren't even in the NFL while elite talents produce?

ck_IN
12-22-2006, 10:08 AM
<i>Ginn is the next Desmond Howard...</i>

That's pretty much who he reminds me of. Perhaps it's just the Big 10 connection but whenever I see Ginn I think Howard. That said, I'd run away from him.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 10:12 AM
I'll take his hours of studying over any opinion here.

You do that. Doesn't make him any less of a hack.

ROFL

Sure.

And shall I go ahead and list the receivers with marginal talent, but run such great routes, who aren't even in the NFL while elite talents produce?

Is this an act, or do you seriously not know how to read? Wr's with marginal talent make it ALL THE TIME in the NFL (Ed McCaffery, Johnnie Morton) while guys with exceptional talent FAIL all the time (Desmond Howard). ELITE TALENTS have BOTH (Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison). And Andre Johnson has failed to display both with any consistency.

Mosbonian
12-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Is this an act, or do you seriously not know how to read? Wr's with marginal talent make it ALL THE TIME in the NFL (Ed McCaffery, Johnnie Morton) while guys with exceptional talent FAIL all the time (Desmond Howard). ELITE TALENTS have BOTH (Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison). And Andre Johnson has failed to display both with any consistency.

What about guys with elite talent that are head cases (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens)?

I don't disagree that Andre Johnson has failed to live up to expectations or billings, but to dismiss him isn't fair either. I believe that he has suffered from playing on crappy Texans teams with a QB that even you wouldn't want as a backup. That, I am sure hasn't helped his career at all...what would be good for him would be to spend some time with a quality WR like Harrison learning a little more.

I think Johnson needs to get out of Texas before he realizes any potential.

mmaddog

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 10:35 AM
What about guys with elite talent that are head cases (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens)?

I don't disagree that Andre Johnson has failed to live up to expectations or billings, but to dismiss him isn't fair either. I believe that he has suffered from playing on crappy Texans teams with a QB that even you wouldn't want as a backup. That, I am sure hasn't helped his career at all...what would be good for him would be to spend some time with a quality WR like Harrison learning a little more.

I think Johnson needs to get out of Texas before he realizes any potential.

mmaddog

For guys like Moss and Owens, it really boils down to how they work on the field. Say what you want about Owens, the guy NEVER takes a play off and it shows. Moss on the other hand suffers from that very inconsistency I already mentioned.

And for the record, I'm NOT DISMISSING ANDRE JOHNSON. He's SOLIDLY in that 2nd-tier of WR's in the league. But an ELITE WR he is not, yet.

TrickyNicky
12-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah, but how well can he run-block?

Mosbonian
12-22-2006, 10:46 AM
For guys like Moss and Owens, it really boils down to how they work on the field. Say what you want about Owens, the guy NEVER takes a play off and it shows. Moss on the other hand suffers from that very inconsistency I already mentioned.

And for the record, I'm NOT DISMISSING ANDRE JOHNSON. He's SOLIDLY in that 2nd-tier of WR's in the league. But an ELITE WR he is not, yet.

Moss and Owens are 2 different types of head cases....Moss is just wasting some of the best WR skills that we have seen in a while because his coaches let him.

Owens, on the other hand, does actually play, but creates such a "me-me" attitude that he lessens his value to a team structure. A little less ego and he would be considered an Elite talent.

I still think that Andre Johnson is not going to realize his full potential if he stays with the Texans. There he is the one and only consistent scoring threat (they seem to always have RB's that are hurt) and teams can key on him.

mmaddog

Demonpenz
12-22-2006, 11:00 AM
If we are going to get any WR they better be a big one so they can basically go up for a jump ball when trent throws it up there while he is getting killed.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Moss and Owens are 2 different types of head cases....Moss is just wasting some of the best WR skills that we have seen in a while because his coaches let him.

Owens, on the other hand, does actually play, but creates such a "me-me" attitude that he lessens his value to a team structure. A little less ego and he would be considered an Elite talent.

I still think that Andre Johnson is not going to realize his full potential if he stays with the Texans. There he is the one and only consistent scoring threat (they seem to always have RB's that are hurt) and teams can key on him.

mmaddog

Taking this back to Calvin Johnson with your last statement...

Teams key on Terrell Owens and he fights through it. Teams key on Randy Moss and he throws up his hands and quits.

I've seen some spurts from Calvin Johnson this past year where he would seem to pout if teams were taking him out the game.

bsp4444
12-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Andre Johnson helped me dominate my fantasy league. That's good enough for me.

Silock
12-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Ginn is too small.

I'll take Jarrett or Meachum from TN.

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Wr's with marginal talent make it ALL THE TIME in the NFL (Ed McCaffery, Johnnie Morton) while guys with exceptional talent FAIL all the time (Desmond Howard).

Keep it up.

You're not going to make anyone believe that (1) marginal talent receivers make it "all the time" or (2) the Chiefs should stick with their marginal talent receivers.

Whether or not they need talent at the position more than others is debateable; what's not is that they need more talent. If they had few other needs, an elite talent like Ginn would be the pick.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Keep it up.

You're not going to make anyone believe that (1) marginal talent receivers make it "all the time" or (2) the Chiefs should stick with their marginal talent receivers.

Whether or not they need talent at the position more than others is debateable; what's not is that they need more talent. If they had few other needs, an elite talent like Ginn would be the pick.

1) They do. I could give you literally thousands of examples.

2) I NEVER SAID THAT. But it's rich (and retarded as well) that you pulled that idea out of what I said.

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Knock yourself out, because Ed McCaffrey isn't much of a list.

Look at the top 5 receivers in the NFL this season; not one is as you describe. In fact, not one of the top 10 are, either.

About the only receiver in the top 15 you'd have any kind of a shred of an argument for is Marques Colston (14th) and he was passed in the draft not for his lack of talent.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Knock yourself out, because Ed McCaffrey isn't much of a list.

Look at the top 5 receivers in the NFL this season; not one is as you describe. In fact, not one of the top 10 are, either.

About the only receiver in the top 15 you'd have any kind of a shred of an argument for is Marques Colston (14th) and he was passed in the draft not for his lack of talent.

What are you talking about? It would appear you've already knocked yourself out. Either that, or you're just dizzy from talking in circles.

But thanks for proving my point. Andre Johnson isn't in the top 5 either, so evidently you agree with me.

Basileus777
12-22-2006, 01:17 PM
WR definitely needs to be addressed this year. If we don't draft one in the first round, I would love to take someone like Meachem from Tennessee in the 2nd rd.

And Andre Johnson is a top 10 receiver, and is still young. Using him to argue against Calvin Johnson is weak.

88TG88
12-22-2006, 01:19 PM
if we could get ted ginn i wouldnt mind taking him in the 1st round

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 03:22 PM
But thanks for proving my point. Andre Johnson isn't in the top 5 either, so evidently you agree with me.

Evidentally not, because those in the top 5 are not even close to being "marginally talented".

My point stands, yours is still looking for a leg to stand on.

Mecca
12-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Thankfully Ginn will be gone before we pick so I won't have to worry about the Chiefs ****ing that up.

tk13
12-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I'd rather address the OL before WR, because a WR deep threat isn't gonna come close to his potential the way we're blocking against good defenses right now, but if it's the best player available, it's the best player available.

I wouldn't sacrifice the OL to obtain a WR though... it's like signing 9 gold glove fielders then putting Albie Lopez on the pitching mound.

Mecca
12-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I'd rather address the OL before WR, because a WR deep threat isn't gonna come close to his potential the way we're blocking against good defenses right now, but if it's the best player available, it's the best player available.

I wouldn't sacrifice the OL to obtain a WR though... it's like signing 9 gold glove fielders then putting Albie Lopez on the pitching mound.

I still say the odds of a Tackle who can play being there at 18-20 are slim.......however Jarrett may still be there and he's a much better prospect than any of those Tackles.

milkman
12-22-2006, 07:21 PM
I still say the odds of a Tackle who can play being there at 18-20 are slim.......however Jarrett may still be there and he's a much better prospect than any of those Tackles.

We won't be drafting 18-20.

We'll be drafting 13-16.

But like you, I am not impressed with Ginn's hands.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2006, 08:31 PM
USC boys Baker/Jarrett

or Louisville's DT Omobi Okoye

88TG88
12-22-2006, 08:35 PM
sam baker has stated he is coming back for his senior year

Mecca
12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
sam baker has stated he is coming back for his senior year

Even being a fan of that team.......I'll believe it when it's past declare date and he didn't declare.......

BWillie
12-22-2006, 08:58 PM
We won't be drafting 18-20.

We'll be drafting 13-16.

But like you, I am not impressed with Ginn's hands.

You don't need good hands to be a wide receiver in the NFL anymore. DO you think TO can catch worth a shit? Nope.

You gotta like Ted Ginn's speed, but I don't want another little receiver. I think it's about time we get a receiver with some size in the first couple of rounds. Something like 6-3 220 would be nice, with some decent speed.

Priest4Prez
12-22-2006, 09:24 PM
How about that LT from Wisconson? We need an upgrade at tackle.

Mecca
12-22-2006, 09:25 PM
How about that LT from Wisconson? We need an upgrade at tackle.

Do we have a top 5 pick.......yea didn't think so.

Munson
12-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Here are my top receivers in this coming draft:

1) Calvin Johnson

He has everything you could ever want in a receiver. He's got the size and speed that teams dream of. He's got great hands, and is a total mismatch to opposing defenses. He'll be a top 3 pick, so the Chiefs won't have a shot at him.

2) Dwayne Jarrett

He's got great size too, but isn't as fast as Johnson. He's got good hands, and is the type of redzone threat that KC needs. I've watched him during his entire career at USC. I think he is the real deal, and is a legit #1 receiver. I think he'll be a top 10 pick, but hopefully we'll get lucky and be able to pick him in the 11 to 15 range.

3) Jeff Samardjiza

Like Johnson and Jarrett, he's another receiver with great size. He's got great hands, and excells catching the jump ball, in and out of the redzone. I think he, much like Jarrett, would help out the KC offense immensely in the redzone. I think he's worth a later 1st round pick(20-32). I wouldn't be mad if KC traded down to a late 1st round pick to get Samardjiza, while picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

4) Ted Ginn

We all know that he's got insane speed, and is a threat to take it to the house anytime he has the ball. I think that he would have been perfect for a Vermeil offense, but not so much for a Herm offense. He is great at catching the deep ball. But with Trent Green's arm seemingly getting weaker, his deep threat talents would be wasted. He is a great special teams returner, and would be an upgrade from a struggling Dante Hall. I still think he would be worth a later 1st round pick.

cdcox
12-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I agree with htismaqe. Talent will only take you so far if you don't have the work ethic, the ability to learn and run routes, the concentration.

Raise your hand if you think Jerry Rice was the biggest or fastest receiver when he was playing.

Fred Biletnikoff and Steve Largent made the HOF with marginal talent. The game 0has changed since then, but give me a great football player over a great talent any day of the week.

Moss has off the chart talent. If he had Jerry
Rice's brain, he'd catch for 2000 yards a season. He's wasting it.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2006, 11:10 PM
I agree with htismaqe. Talent will only take you so far if you don't have the work ethic, the ability to learn and run routes, the concentration.

Raise your hand if you think Jerry Rice was the biggest or fastest receiver when he was playing.

Fred Biletnikoff and Steve Largent made the HOF with marginal talent. The game 0has changed since then, but give me a great football player over a great talent any day of the week.

Moss has off the chart talent. If he had Jerry
Rice's brain, he'd catch for 2000 yards a season. He's wasting it.

Then Samardijza is your man unless he picks baseball

keg in kc
12-22-2006, 11:49 PM
I'd rather address the OL before WR, because a WR deep threat isn't gonna come close to his potential the way we're blocking against good defenses right now, but if it's the best player available, it's the best player available. Ditto. A wide receiver won't matter if the QB only has .9 seconds to throw the ball.

Best case scenario is to trade for the next Willie Roaf and draft the WR. You can trade for linemen. Receivers you generally need to find yourself, they don't pop into free agency often until they're over 30.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2006, 02:23 AM
draft best player available, IMO.