PDA

View Full Version : Bradie Quinn

KurtCobain
12-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Where do you think he will go? What team would he fit best with? And who will most likely get him?

I think he'll probably go to the lions or raiders, but I'd like to see him as the Chiefs QBOTF.

Demonpenz
12-26-2006, 12:38 AM
I wonder who is nfl equivant would be during draft day but all i can think of is Lossman

Guru
12-26-2006, 12:43 AM
He won't fall to our pick at all.

BWillie
12-26-2006, 01:30 AM
He should go #1. He'll be the first quarterback taken that is for sure. Tall QB, kind of mobile, great arm strength. Protype NFL QB. If you are hoping for a Kansas City QB then if we are really really lucky Brohm or Jemarcus Russell might be available.

Basileus777
12-26-2006, 01:31 AM
No chance we get him. We might have a chance at JaMarcus Russell (the #2 qb prospect who I don't want), but even that is pretty doubtful.

Quinn is a great qb prospect, but I think his accuracy is somewhat exaggerated. He makes too many Eli manning type throws.

KurtCobain
12-26-2006, 01:34 AM
I wasn't saying I hoped we got him, (although I wish we could), I was just wondering who you all think will want to nab him at the top of the draft. Oakland? Detroit?

Basileus777
12-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Detroit should and probably will take him, but who knows what Millen will do (assuming he isn't sacked by then). If Detroit passes on him, then the Raiders will probably take him, unless Al Davis gets a hard-on for Calvin Johnson.

KurtCobain
12-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Detroit should and probably will take him, but who knows what Millen will do (assuming he isn't sacked by then). If Detroit passes on him, then the Raiders will probably take him, unless Al Davis gets a hard-on for Calvin Johnson.

I hope he goes to Detroit so we don't have to worry about him in the division. I choked on my food when Denver took cutler last year. We don't need another promising QB to worry about for years to come.

JimNasium
12-26-2006, 07:09 AM
We have too many other needs. There is zero chance we draft a QB with the first round.

Kerberos
12-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Bradie Quinn.

I don't know about Bradie Quinn ...

But Brady Quinn will go somewhere besides to the Chiefs.

CupidStunt
12-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Probably #1. Most of you are really sleeping on JaMarcus Russel. His tools are out of this world. He blows the likes of Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning, Palmer, Carr, etc. out of the water.

He's a pretty good leader, too, and has seriously come on this year. Not nearly as many silly mistakes and errors.

We could never be as lucky as to have him fall into our lap.

chagrin
12-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Manning? Peyton? I don't think so

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 07:50 AM
You guys can have Quinn if I get his sister.

chagrin
12-26-2006, 07:55 AM
You guys can have Quinn if I get his sister.

After that roid freak Hawk has been tearing her up for the past several years? Go right ahead...ick!

Short Leash Hootie
12-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Why is this a thread?

chagrin
12-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Why is this a thread?

quit bitchin, it's a football thread, heh

Short Leash Hootie
12-26-2006, 08:36 AM
THE NEXT PERSON WHO PUTS BRADY QUINN AND THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS IN THE SAME SENTENCE GETS NEGATIVE REP FROM ME FOR THREE-AND-A-HALF WEEKS

ROYC75
12-26-2006, 08:53 AM
THE NEXT PERSON WHO PUTS BRADY QUINN AND THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS IN THE SAME SENTENCE GETS NEGATIVE REP FROM ME FOR THREE-AND-A-HALF WEEKS

No shit, that's about as stupid as Damon Huard SHOULD be our QB for the Chiefs, right . ROFL

Kerberos
12-26-2006, 09:07 AM
No shit, that's about as stupid as Damon Huard SHOULD be or QB for thre Chiefs, right . ROFL

OUCH!

Thats gotta sting ya Hootie!

ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
12-26-2006, 09:15 AM
He SHOULD be, and we've all established this by now, I hope...

Green sucks total donkey dick behind this line.

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 09:23 AM
After that roid freak Hawk has been tearing her up for the past several years? Go right ahead...ick!
I'll take sloppy seconds on that.

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Quit typing in caps gonad face.

Short Leash Hootie
12-26-2006, 09:25 AM
CAPS IS MY CHIEFSPLANET SIGNATURE, MR. SKIPPY MAN!

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Didn't this same thread get posted about 2-3 days ago?

Brady Quinn is a shitty QB playing for an overhyped team. The guy will spend a decade carrying a clipboard in the NFL before retiring to run an insurance office.

Short Leash Hootie
12-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Either way, we have no chance to get him...so I don't know why anyone is even talking about it.

But, I bet the same ones talking about are the ones thinking we can get two 1st's out of Dante Hall...

MahiMike
12-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Great. 4 months of talking about our draft picks. Deja vu all over again...

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Hootie, I agree. But even if by some miracle we could get him...why would we want to? As I posted in the other thread, if you take away his wins against totally sub-par teams (the service acadmies and Stanford) his career record at ND is below .500. I think it's 14-17.

Not exactly the hallmark of a champion QB. Then again we hired a sub-.500 coach, so maybe having a loser QB just fits the team concept.

Brady Quinn benefits (i.e. his reputation is enhanced tremendously) by playing for an overhyped, over-loved team. The last decent QBs that were produced at ND were Montana and Theisman, and that was 25+ years ago.

Quinn is the second coming of Ron Paulus.

DomerNKC
12-26-2006, 05:30 PM
He SHOULD be, and we've all established this by now, I hope...

Green sucks total donkey dick behind this line.lemme see, you were for Green before you were against him huh? Hindsight IS 20/20 isn't it?

jAZ
12-26-2006, 05:36 PM
I hope Millen takes Ted Ginn Jr.

Cochise
12-26-2006, 05:42 PM
./,

DomerNKC
12-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Hootie, I agree. But even if by some miracle we could get him...why would we want to? As I posted in the other thread, if you take away his wins against totally sub-par teams (the service acadmies and Stanford) his career record at ND is below .500. I think it's 14-17.

Not exactly the hallmark of a champion QB. Then again we hired a sub-.500 coach, so maybe having a loser QB just fits the team concept.

Brady Quinn benefits (i.e. his reputation is enhanced tremendously) by playing for an overhyped, over-loved team. The last decent QBs that were produced at ND were Montana and Theisman, and that was 25+ years ago.

Quinn is the second coming of Ron Paulus.sure. And take away losses to 2 good teams this year, Michigan and USC, and we are undefeated. If your aunt had a pen**, she would be your uncle. I hate the fact that Notre Dame has decided that they should join the rest of the NCAA. It has been a proud tradition to play against the best teams in the nation. Apparently they decided that it was stupid to do that when everybody else is lining up to play Akron, Ball State, and South East Louisiana State. We still play USC, Michigan, Penn State, Purdue, and BYU every few years. The last few teams Brady
Quinn has lost to were not slouches ( USC, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC).

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 05:50 PM
I didn't say he's lost to bad teams...I said he's made his reputation by beating up on weak ones.

DomerNKC
12-26-2006, 06:06 PM
I didn't say he's lost to bad teams...I said he's made his reputation by beating up on weak ones.yeah, this year he beat up on Georgia tech, Penn State, Michigan State, Purdue, and UCLA. Last year he beat Pitt, Washington, Purdue, BYU, and Tennessee. a lot of small time, losing programs there. Your Argument doen't wash, sorry.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Dude, go back over his career. Take out the wins against "gimmie" programs (Air Force, Army, Navy and Stanford. Jesus, the service acadamies are practically 1AA schools)...now total it up. Sub-.500. That was the extent of my argument...that he's not a winning QB when you ignore the little-sisters-of-the-poor victories.

Obviously you're an ND homer, but try to have a bit of perspective.

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Dude, go back over his career. Take out the wins against "gimmie" programs (Air Force, Army, Navy and Stanford. Jesus, the service acadamies are practically 1AA schools)...now total it up. Sub-.500. That was the extent of my argument...that he's not a winning QB when you ignore the little-sisters-of-the-poor victories.

Obviously you're a ND hater, but try to have a bit of perspective.

The guy will spend a decade carrying a clipboard in the NFL before retiring to run an insurance office.

Just admit you hate ND, because there's no way you can be this retarded. Even the people who hate ND on this board realize that Quinn has a ton of talent.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah, this year he beat up on Georgia tech, Penn State, Michigan State, Purdue, and UCLA. Last year he beat Pitt, Washington, Purdue, BYU, and Tennessee. a lot of small time, losing programs there. Your Argument doen't wash, sorry.Penn State...#19. None of those other wins are against teams currently in the top 25.

Ron Paulus got the same kind of hype at ND...and what happened to him? Who's he playing for now? No one. Quinn will be drafted and flame out.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Even the people who hate ND on this board realize that Quinn has a ton of talent.And what precisely demonstrates that? Give me a few examples of his "ton" of talent and "ton" of leadership (a prerequisite for a decent QB).

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Penn State...#19. None of those other wins are against teams currently in the top 25.

Ron Paulus got the same kind of hype at ND...and what happened to him? Who's he playing for now? No one. Quinn will be drafted and flame out.

So the other 306 teams not in the Top 25 are complete crap?

The only team from a "power" conference that Quinn has a losing record against is USC.

Beat Michigan 2 of 3, Michigan St. 2 of 3, Washington 2 of 2, Tennessee 2 of 2 as well as Penn State and Georgia Tech the only time he's faced them.

I'm not even sure why I'm wasting my time with you. You obviously have a hate for ND, because you're arguments are laughable.

Holding a clipboard for 10 years? Funny stuff.

Brock
12-26-2006, 06:59 PM
It appears to be quite a bit easier to play QB in the NFL than it has been in the past. Cutler, Leinart, and Young all appear to be doing just fine, I don't see why Quinn wouldn't be able to do it. Unless he ends up playing for the Lions or something.

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 07:03 PM
It appears to be quite a bit easier to play QB in the NFL than it has been in the past. Cutler, Leinart, and Young all appear to be doing just fine, I don't see why Quinn wouldn't be able to do it. Unless he ends up playing for the Lions or something.

The Lions would be a perfect fit....if they could get him some OL help.

Those WR's, Kevin Jones and Quinn in a Mike Martz offense?

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Holding a clipboard for 10 years? Funny stuff.Uh huh. We'll see who's laughing in 5 years, when he's out of the league and following in Heath Schuler's footsteps.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 07:08 PM
We should trade up for that LT from Wisconson

Brock
12-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Uh huh. We'll see who's laughing in 5 years, when he's out of the league and following in Heath Schuler's footsteps.

Unless he's playing in his second pro bowl at that point.

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Unless he's playing in his second pro bowl at that point.

Exactly. This schmuck will be nowhere to be found, just like losing team trolls on gameday.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Exactly. This schmuck will be nowhere to be found, just like losing team trolls on gameday.So I guess you won't be here on 1/4, after LSU has beaten ND like a gong. The way Ohio State beat ND by 14 last year. And the way Oregon State(!) won by 17 the year before that. Like NC State(!)'s 22 point win the year before that one.

Luckily you got a 2 year vacation from bowls at that point. But...

The year before that Oregon State (again) beat you by 32. Ya had a close call in '99 when you only lost to Georgia Tech by 7. Too bad LSU beat you the year before that by 18.

The last time you won in the postseason (you know...that's when the actually decent teams win) was 1994. Over a freakin' decade.

So have fun continuing to coast on rep earned decades ago. When you're playing the cakewalk schools you're fine. Put almost anyone other than the little sisters of the poor in front of you and the wheels come off.

DomerNKC
12-26-2006, 07:55 PM
So I guess you won't be here on 1/4, after LSU has beaten ND like a gong. The way Ohio State beat ND by 14 last year. And the way Oregon State(!) won by 17 the year before that. Like NC State(!)'s 22 point win the year before that one.

The year before that Oregon State (again) beat you by 32. Ya had a close call in '99 when you only lost to Georgia Tech by 7. Too bad LSU beat you the year before that by 18.

The last time you won in the postseason (you know...that's when the actually decent teams win) was 1994. Over a freakin' decade.

So have fun continuing to coast on rep earned decades ago. When you're playing the cakewalk schools you're fine. Put almost anyone other than the little sisters of the poor in front of you and the wheels come off.Cake walk schools? did you read the other post? Lemme help you out ill get it for you.You must be a mildcat fan, they are the only Notre Dame haters i am aware of. sure. And take away losses to 2 good teams this year, Michigan and USC, and we are undefeated. If your aunt had a pen**, she would be your uncle. I hate the fact that Notre Dame has decided that they should join the rest of the NCAA. It has been a proud tradition to play against the best teams in the nation. Apparently they decided that it was stupid to do that when everybody else is lining up to play Akron, Ball State, and South East Louisiana State. We still play USC, Michigan, Penn State, Purdue, and BYU every few years. The last few teams Brady
Quinn has lost to were not slouches ( USC, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC). oh, we are going back over history now? 12 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. 12. Sounds like a losing program to me. The MOST NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS BY ANY NCAA SCHOOL. we have lost bowl games, but we have won the big one more than any other school. Period. game, set, match jack off.

DomerNKC
12-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Uh huh. We'll see who's laughing in 5 years, when he's out of the league and following in Heath Schuler's footsteps.heath schuler??? oh, another TENNESSEE jack ass.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Actually, I can't stand Tennessee. According to the NCAA, it's 13 national championships...too bad 9 of them were pre-1960. The last was almost 2 decades ago. I'd say that's coasting on your rep. Particularly considering the tiny number of competitive schools in the early part of the 20th century vs. the number of competitive programs now.

My favorite team, on the other hand, has won 5 since 1983. They've won 3 since you last won 1.

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 08:49 PM
So I guess you won't be here on 1/4, after LSU has beaten ND like a gong. The way Ohio State beat ND by 14 last year. And the way Oregon State(!) won by 17 the year before that. Like NC State(!)'s 22 point win the year before that one.

So have fun continuing to coast on rep earned decades ago. When you're playing the cakewalk schools you're fine. Put almost anyone other than the little sisters of the poor in front of you and the wheels come off.

No, I'll be here.

Nice spin, by the way. Quinn was the subject, but I see you've shown your true colors and turned it into a team thing.

I love that people hate ND. Really. I mean it.

Mecca
12-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm not a fan of Quinn, I don't think he has it.....I think there are atleast 2 players better than him in this draft. If the Raiders do pick him we should be thrilled.....of him Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson I suspect he'll be the least productive of those 3.......

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 08:54 PM
My favorite team, on the other hand, has won 5 since 1983. They've won 3 since you last won 1.

Wow...

Big shock that you played the "my favorite team" card.

Even bigger shock that you didn't even name them.

You'd make a great Denver troll.....

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm not a fan of Quinn, I don't think he has it.....I think there are atleast 2 players better than him in this draft. If the Raiders do pick him we should be thrilled.....of him Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson I suspect he'll be the least productive of those 3.......

And if this dipshit had said that, I'd be OK with it.

To say he'll be holding a clipboard for 10 years........

Whatta fuggin retard.

Simplex3
12-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Actually, if you're going to go second a roid freak is a good option. They've shrunk up and frankly they can barely get it up, and when they do getting it to do anything is almost impossible. Odds are she hasn't had a good banging in as long as she's been dating him. Well, not from him anyway.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 09:11 PM
...you've shown your true colors and turned it into a team thing.Pardon, but are you ****ing mentally retarded? You turned it into a "team thing". You're the one that began the "you're a ND hater" bit. Up to that point I was only discussing Quinn and his mediocre record against teams that aren't Army/Navy/Air Force/Stanford. I had said nothing about the team as a whole. After you brought team into it your buddy DomerNKC felt the need to drag the number of ND's national championships into the argument. To which I pointed out that about 70% of them were won over half a century ago, when there were about 4 big-time programs.

Figuring out who my favorite team is should be child's play for any college football fan. Even a Notre Dame grad. Keep on loving that people hate ND. Because the further you get from those championships, the more everyone sees that it's a sham of a program coasting on past glory. As more and more of the old fans who were alive in the glory days die off you'll just fade away.

TN_Chief
12-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Mods, please tell me this site gets archived. I want to be sure there's a copy of this thread available in 5-10 years so I can drag it back up and laugh at the idiots.

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Pardon, but are you ****ing mentally retarded? You turned it into a "team thing". You're the one that began the "you're a ND hater" bit. Up to that point I was only discussing Quinn and his mediocre record against teams that aren't Army/Navy/Air Force/Stanford. I had said nothing about the team as a whole. After you brought team into it your buddy DomerNKC felt the need to drag the number of ND's national championships into the argument. To which I pointed out that about 70% of them were won over half a century ago, when there were about 4 big-time programs.

Figuring out who my favorite team is should be child's play for any college football fan. Even a Notre Dame grad. Keep on loving that people hate ND. Because the further you get from those championships, the more everyone sees that it's a sham of a program coasting on past glory. As more and more of the old fans who were alive in the glory days die off you'll just fade away.

Interesting, your first two post read a bit different:

Didn't this same thread get posted about 2-3 days ago?

Brady Quinn is a shitty QB playing for an overhyped team. The guy will spend a decade carrying a clipboard in the NFL before retiring to run an insurance office.

and:

And I'm retarded?

And again, if you'd just admit this all stems from a hate for all things ND, as opposed to rational thought, you'd probably come off looking a little better than you do.

It's interesting that there's not a single person here that agrees with your expert assessment of Quinn. Before you started bashing him, almost every post said something to the effect of:

No way he falls that far.

Hope Oakland doesn't get him. Don't want to face him.

You might be the only person on the planet who doesn't think Brady Quinn will play in the NFL.

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 10:37 PM

You're even more retarded than I thought......

If ND is a sham of a program, what does that make Thug U?

Brock
12-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Mods, please tell me this site gets archived. I want to be sure there's a copy of this thread available in 5-10 years so I can drag it back up and laugh at the idiots.

Yeah, either that or you won't drag it back up because it will make you look like a ****ing moron.

OnTheWarpath58
12-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah, either that or you won't drag it back up because it will make you look like a ****ing moron.

Too late.

Brock
12-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Too late.

I'm sure he's just as sure about Brady Quinn as I was about Vince Young.

DomerNKC
12-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Pardon, but are you ****ing mentally retarded? You turned it into a "team thing". You're the one that began the "you're a ND hater" bit. Up to that point I was only discussing Quinn and his mediocre record against teams that aren't Army/Navy/Air Force/Stanford. I had said nothing about the team as a whole. After you brought team into it your buddy DomerNKC felt the need to drag the number of ND's national championships into the argument. To which I pointed out that about 70% of them were won over half a century ago, when there were about 4 big-time programs.

Figuring out who my favorite team is should be child's play for any college football fan. Even a Notre Dame grad. Keep on loving that people hate ND. Because the further you get from those championships, the more everyone sees that it's a sham of a program coasting on past glory. As more and more of the old fans who were alive in the glory days die off you'll just fade away.johnny come lately miami has a TOTAL of 5 championships in football. If you don't have a history, then you don't respect history. AGAIN, Brady Quinn won games against Georgia Tech, Penn State, Michigan State, Purdue, and UCLA. Last year he beat Pitt, Washington, Purdue, BYU, and Tennessee. I understand the resentment though, if we lost to Florida State 6-6 by the way), Louisville, Georgia Tech (Brady beat this team this year), Virginia Tech, Maryland and Virginia i would be bitter too. I might even take pot shots against real established teams and true pro prospects too. You did bow up and defeat the powerhouse teams from Duke, FIU, Houston and Florida A&M. Good luck in the mpc computers game against Nevada chump. ROFL

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 11:17 PM
johnny come lately miami has a TOTAL of 5 championships in football. If you don't have a history, then you don't respect history. AGAIN, Brady Quinn won games against Georgia Tech, Penn State, Michigan State, Purdue, and UCLA. Last year he beat Pitt, Washington, Purdue, BYU, and Tennessee. I understand the resentment though, if we lost to Florida State 6-6 by the way), Louisville, Georgia Tech (Brady beat this team this year), Virginia Tech, Maryland and Virginia i would be bitter too. I might even take pot shots against real established teams and true pro prospects too. You did bow up and defeat the powerhouse teams from Duke, FIU, Houston and Florida A&M. Good luck in the mpc computers game against Nevada chump. ROFL
Notre Dame sucks!!!!!!!! :p:

DomerNKC
12-26-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah, and it looks bad for us in the next couple of years too.

the Talking Can
12-26-2006, 11:33 PM

what was Cutler's college record?