PDA

View Full Version : Is Wichita State Still the best team in the state of Kansas?

ArrowheadHawk
12-26-2006, 10:59 PM
I think not i might even pick ksuck to be ahead of them

Guru
12-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Doesn't matter until tournament time anyway.

Coach
12-26-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't know. How about asking the KU folks to schedule a game aganist them in a neutral site to settle it? :shrug:

ArrowheadHawk
12-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't know. How about asking the KU folks to schedule a game aganist them in a neutral site to settle it? :shrug:
maybe next year we might have room for another cupcake on the schedule

ArrowheadHawk
12-26-2006, 11:03 PM
are you suggesting that ku is afraid to schedule them?

if so that is stupid ku isn't afraid of anybody look at our schedule

Guru
12-26-2006, 11:04 PM
there is no money in scheduling them.

BWillie
12-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Mark Turgeon will be the next basketball coach at the University of Kansas. I don't care if Wichita State has dropped those two games, they are still a hell of a team. If Bill Self ever gets fired or let go, let me assure you, Mark Turgeon will be at the helm. Hell, they almost hired him instead of Self, but instead Lew went for the safe hire. I can't blame him, I would of done the same. But Roy Williams wasn't a safe hire and look how he turned out

ArrowheadHawk
12-26-2006, 11:06 PM
if self stays at KU for 20 or more years i think turg might move on by then

Coach
12-26-2006, 11:06 PM
are you suggesting that ku is afraid to schedule them?

if so that is stupid ku isn't afraid of anybody look at our schedule

Well, they aren't afraid to schedule powerhouses Northern Arizona, Townson, Dartmouth, and Winston-Salem.

ArrowheadHawk
12-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, they aren't afraid to schedule powerhouses Northern Arizona, Townson, Dartmouth, and Winston-Salem.
so we should schedule more teams like boston college, florida, usc, south carolina?

ROYC75
12-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Ask Saul ....... something about the greatest recruiting class of all time , I'm a little fussy with the details.

Coach
so we should schedule more teams like boston college, florida, usc, south carolina?

Valid point, but looking at that schedule, only FLA is ranked.

I guess it evens out the RPI until the Big XII Conference comes into play.

BWillie
if self stays at KU for 20 or more years i think turg might move on by then

So what would that put Turg at? He'd be 58. He would still be a prime candidate to come to Kansas in 20 years. I don't think Self is going to make it 20 years, although I could be wrong.

ROYC75
12-26-2006, 11:10 PM

Something about getting 50 K's per game sounds good to those little schools.... They want to play us.

beavis
12-26-2006, 11:12 PM
What's the difference, you are all assholes.

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 11:12 PM
KU "almost" hired Turgeon? Hahahahahahahaha.

tk13
12-26-2006, 11:14 PM
I'd be surprised to see KU actually schedule Wichita State. You screw that up and you can't act all high and mighty anymore. Like this year, when Butler ran through all the cocky Indiana schools, IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, etc... right now you can act all high and mighty because of history, regardless of how the current teams look on the court. If you settled things on the court, that's a big risk.

ArrowheadHawk
12-26-2006, 11:24 PM
do they play basketball at notre dame?

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 11:25 PM
I'd be surprised to see KU actually schedule Wichita State. You screw that up and you can't act all high and mighty anymore. Like this year, when Butler ran through all the cocky Indiana schools, IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, etc... right now you can act all high and mighty because of history, regardless of how the current teams look on the court. If you settled things on the court, that's a big risk.
It's an everything to lose nothing to gain situation. After WSU beat KU in the "Battle of New Orleans" in 1981, KU scheduled WSU for 5 games and absolutely destroyed them each time. WSU only shows up every 25 years or so and then falls back in the tank. But they want equality for that fleeting time. Nope, they have to earn it. Make the tourney for 10 years would be a good start. If they want to be Gonzaga then they have to emulate Gonzaga.

ChiefaRoo
12-26-2006, 11:27 PM
It's an everything to lose nothing to gain situation. After WSU beat KU in the "Battle of New Orleans" in 1981, KU scheduled WSU for 5 games and absolutely destroyed them each time. WSU only shows up every 25 years or so and then falls back in the tank. But they want equality for that fleeting time. Nope, they have to earn it. Make the tourney for 10 years would be a good start. If they want to be Gonzaga then they have to emulate Gonzaga.

Skip I thought I told you to shut your goat hole.

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Skip I thought I told you to shut your goat hole.
I'd neg rep you if I could. I used all my rep up giving Christmas gifts to my friends.

BWillie
12-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Speaking of KU bball, I'm looking for two tickets for about $100 total for the KU vs. Rhode Island game this Saturday so me and my dad can go. Every ticket, even GA seat on the internet is at least $125 PER TICKET. I went a couple weeks ago and scalped a GOOD seat for $35. Theres got to be a way to find a decent price, I don't care where they are. I'll take upper rafters I don't care

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Speaking of KU bball, I'm looking for two tickets for about $100 total for the KU vs. Rhode Island game this Saturday so me and my dad can go. Every ticket, even GA seat on the internet is at least $125 PER TICKET. I went a couple weeks ago and scalped a GOOD seat for $35. Theres got to be a way to find a decent price, I don't care where they are. I'll take upper rafters I don't care
Take him to a WSU game. I'm sure those tickets are much cheaper.

BWillie
12-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Take him to a WSU game. I'm sure those tickets are much cheaper.

Naw, too far of a drive. Besides, he's going to be in town for the Jacksonville game so we might as well knock out a Jayhawk and a Chiefs game. It will a perfect weekend capped by a Tennessee, Denver, & Cincinatti losses and a Chiefs win.

tk13
12-26-2006, 11:38 PM
do they play basketball at notre dame?
Do you even follow college basketball? They're a top 25 team.

Skip Towne
12-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Naw, too far of a drive. Besides, he's going to be in town for the Jacksonville game so we might as well knock out a Jayhawk and a Chiefs game. It will a perfect weekend capped by a Tennessee, Denver, & Cincinatti losses and a Chiefs win.
You might contact the Chiefs. There are always several Chiefs players at Jayhawk games.

BWillie
12-27-2006, 12:10 AM
You might contact the Chiefs. There are always several Chiefs players at Jayhawk games.

Ya, let me get Dante Hall and Trent Green up on speed dial.

Braincase
12-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Mark Turgeon will be the next basketball coach at the University of Kansas. I don't care if Wichita State has dropped those two games, they are still a hell of a team. If Bill Self ever gets fired or let go, let me assure you, Mark Turgeon will be at the helm. Hell, they almost hired him instead of Self, but instead Lew went for the safe hire. I can't blame him, I would of done the same. But Roy Williams wasn't a safe hire and look how he turned out

I think the question is going to center more around Sean Sutton at OSU. If and when he tanks, you know that OSU with T. Boone Pickens roll o'dough will come a-courtin'. Then you'll see the Surgeon step into the Phog.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 08:31 AM
I think not i might even pick ksuck to be ahead of them

According to the Grape Kitty fans, they are. But Huggins is not far behind them.

BTW, who is making out our schedules.. There are to many teams that we should not be playing.. I see this is becoming a trend around the NCAA's, Hell Florida played praire view this year. I mean come on... It has to be all about the money for those smaller schools...

Saulbadguy
12-27-2006, 08:45 AM
No, of course not.

They lost to USC and New Mexico. KSU wiped the floor with both of them in the same stretch. WSU will probably get a higher seed since they will fair well in the MVC but right now I think KSU is better.

As for KU not playing WSU, Skip is pretty much right, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain. KU wins (which I think they would), it was expected. WSU wins, it is an upset and all the KU fans in Wichita disappear and turn in to Shocker fans, which is already happening anyways.

KU turned down a 1 game deal with WSU at Allen Field House that would have been on ESPN. That should tell you all you need to know.

Huggins as hinted at playing WSU next year, but I only think that happens if WSU finishes the year strong and we can get it on national television. Huggs usually played the Ohio teams in Ohio like Akron, Toledo, Dayton, Xavier, etc...so I don't see why he wouldn't play WSU.

Saulbadguy
12-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Do you even follow college basketball? They're a top 25 team.
This guy is the one famous for the lines "What is RPI?" and "Who is Bob Huggins?"

HolyHandgernade
12-27-2006, 09:21 AM

I could be mistaken, because my memory comes and goes, but I believe Self was hired as head coach before Lew was hired by the interim administration. They fired Bohl, Williams quit, the school hired Self and then went about finding a new AD.

-HH

Saggysack
12-27-2006, 09:59 AM
KU couldn't even put half the team WSU is putting on the court with the budget WSU has. It must be nice to be the Daniel Snyder's of college basketball. KU has all the money it needs, it has all the recruiting tools anyone could ask for. And yet they still can't find themselves from not violating the rules.

I can't tell if it is a superiority, or inferiority complex KU and their fans have towards WSU. They are always the first to speak up when WSU fails. Always the first to say they are trash when they do well. Why can't you dipshits just be happy their is 3 good teams in Kansas? Why is it always a dick measuring contest? Oh well, I'll just eagerly await your 1st round loss by a 'trash' team, again.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 10:02 AM
KU couldn't even put half the team WSU is putting on the court with the budget WSU has. It must be nice to be the Daniel Snyder's of college basketball. KU has all the money it needs, it has all the recruiting tools anyone could ask for. And yet they still can't find themselves from not violating the rules.

I can't tell if it is a superiority, or inferiority complex KU and their fans have towards WSU. They are always the first to speak up when WSU fails. Always the first to say they are trash when they do well. Why can't you dipshits just be happy their is 3 good teams in Kansas? Why is it always a dick measuring contest? Oh well, I'll just eagerly await your 1st round loss by a 'trash' team, again.

hate much?

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2006, 10:06 AM
This guy is the one famous for the lines "What is RPI?" and "Who is Bob Huggins?"

It's the phognet disease. Apparently, if you become a Jhoax fan, you automatically call yourself a CBB guru. Some fans, like ROY C, have been around a long time. But they're just as clueless.

Yes, PayHeed Al Who Register: Beware Of The Phog". For with it comes overinflated ego, lack of common sense, and lately, a first round faceplant.

boogblaster
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
WSU is pretty good for their budget..no they're not the same caliber as KU or KSU but they play pretty good BB....

ROYC75
12-27-2006, 10:14 AM
It's the phognet disease. Apparently, if you become a Jhoax fan, you automatically call yourself a CBB guru. Some fans, like ROY C, have been around a long time. But they're just as clueless.

Yes, PayHeed Al Who Register: Beware Of The Phog". For with it comes overinflated ego, lack of common sense, and lately, a first round faceplant.

WTF is this ? :shake:

Pleas do not refrence me with phognet, I have been around along time and one of the Jayhawks harshest critics .........

ROYC75
12-27-2006, 10:15 AM

Yo dude, the smaller schools always feel this way, just be proud of what WSU is doing....... I am .....even as a KU fan.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Yo dude, the smaller schools always feel this way, just be proud of what WSU is doing....... I am .....even as a KU fan.

Yep as a KU fan, I am very stoked and excited about what WSU is doing.... I think it is awesome.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 10:21 AM

yeah I get the same sense from the folks over on the kstatefans.com message boards, Since the Huggins hire.

no team has fans without fault... I have met just as many beaker fans that annoy me just as much as some k-state fans.

DJay23
12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
I've always tried to root for WSU. I thought their run last year was great. I would love for KU to play them EVERY YEAR. With their recent success, it will only help KU prepare for the conference season, and then when WSU drops off again, they'll be an auto-cupcake.

Redrum_69
12-27-2006, 11:00 AM
GOOOO SHHHOOOCCCCKKKKEEEERRRRSSSSSS

Saggysack
12-27-2006, 11:04 AM
hate much?

Only arrogant, better than thou KU fans.

Do you think for one second any player or coach of those 3 teams really gives a shit who the best team in the state is?

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Only arrogant, better than thou KU fans.

Do you think for one second any player or coach of those 3 teams really gives a shit who the best team in the state is?

Nope... They just want to out recruit each other and build their own programs...

I am sure each coach has more to worry about than who is the best?

This thread what started by a K-state homer though.

You are saying that KU fans are better than thou? I think each school has those.... There seems to be some KU fans that feel the same way about Huggy and k-state?

Saggysack
12-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Nope... They just want to out recruit each other and build their own programs...

You are saying that KU fans are better than thou? I think each school has those.... There seems to be some KU fans that feel the same way about Huggy and k-state?

Yes, a good % of them are, IMO. Even some in my own family. Let's look at what KU fans had to say today about WSU in the Wichita Eagle....

No. 8 in the nation? Ha. The Shockers are barely No. 3 in the state. Nice Vegas trip, boys.

What is that faint sound I hear in the distance? It's the sound of WSU stumbling and KU fans singing "Rock Chalk Jayhawk." I, for one, am a KU alum, and darn proud of it.

Just as I predicted: A mediocre New Mexico team made WSU look like the .500 team it really is. It lost to USC, too. Enough Top 10 talk, already.

Those bleed nothing but arrogance.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Yes, a good % of them are, IMO. Even some in my own family. Let's look at what KU fans had to say today about WSU in the Wichita Eagle....

Those bleed nothing but arrogance.

I will agree, that is just jr high stupidity... Why would you want to see a KU boy in Turg fail at WSU? That just doesnt make alot of sense to me...

WSU is a good team. Mark is getting them on the right track. No true fan of the Beakers would bash Mark Turgeon or his team...

See another reason why parents should monitor there kids internet usage.

I am ashamed and embarrased that they are KU fans.

WilliamTheIrish
12-27-2006, 05:41 PM

This thread was started by a K-State homer?