PDA

View Full Version : How to rebuild an OL

the Talking Can
12-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Interesting stuff from a John Clayton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2709181) article. Two examples of teams rebuilding successfully at OL.

4. Lining up youth: The Jets and Saints showed sometimes it's better to make commitments to younger offensive lines. The Saints looked as though they were crazy when they couldn't re-sign center LeCharles Bentley and traded left tackle Wayne Gandy to Atlanta. The Saints now look brilliant. Jammal Brown had a Pro Bowl season at left tackle. Rookie Jahri Evans had a great season at guard, and the trade for Jeff Faine at center was one of the steals of the season. The Jets turned around their offense by prioritizing the offensive line in their draft. Building the line around left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and center Nick Mangold helped make the Jets a surprise playoff team.

SLQ
12-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Why don't we just trade for one? Trade LJ, Tony, Trent, Law and DJ. We should be able to get some name brand type linemen for those guys.

Everyone thinks Gonzo is leaving, LJ will not renew his contract IMO, Trent will eventually retire and still has some good years left in him, Law can play anywhere (besides good corners are a dime a dozen - ask around), and DJ is a commodity that we can build from a draft pick again.

j/k

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2006, 06:32 PM
It's all a moot point since King Carl is still running the show

siberian khatru
12-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Carl: "WHAT? And RISK going 6-10? Not on my watch!"

SLQ
12-27-2006, 07:40 PM
It's all a moot point since King Carl is still running the show

Not really, carl drafts and signs, the rest is up to the coaches. We have had failures for coaches for all of his reign. YOu might have to talk to other factions in the Chiefs organization that have approved the coaching changes since '88. I think you will find that Carl never had the last word in those cases.

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Not really, carl drafts and signs, the rest is up to the coaches. We have had failures for coaches for all of his reign. YOu might have to talk to other factions in the Chiefs organization that have approved the coaching changes since '88. I think you will find that Carl never had the last word in those cases.

Guess who's been hiring these shits, Bobo the magic man for 18+ years with only one playoff win during his tener ? King Carl has to go for any progress to occur

Iowanian
12-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I think one thing its easy to overlook, is the fact that the Chiefs DID spend some draft picks last season on young Olinemen.

While we haven't seen if they're legit or talented enough to make the leap to solid starter, Rudy Nisewanger and Tre Stallings were picked up.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Stallings in the preseason, but I'm at least hoping another offseason make him a possible replacement for Shields' impending departure, and Nisewanger an option if Weigeman hangs it up.

I know this.....I don't like Bober as a starter.....and HWY 65 is NOT the answer at LT, and I'll not be convinced otherwise.

B_Ambuehl
12-27-2006, 11:31 PM
With a few exceptions here's what I think about drafting for offensive talent:

Show me a team that spends 2 first day draft picks on offensive lineman and I'll show you a team set on offense for the majority of the next 10 years. (see Blaylock, Derrek as an example of what a good o-line can do - also )

Show me a team that consistently drafts WRs in the 1st round and I'll show you a team struggling on offense year in and year out. (see Jacksonville, Atlanta, Detroit et.al)

tk13
12-27-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree with that, if it's at all possible, I want OL over WR this offseason. We've already built the defense backwards, probably shouldn't do that on offense too.

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Get a stud OT in the draft, move Welbourn to guard and Terry at Right tackle and that should be solid for next few seasons.

StcChief
12-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Welbourne to replace Shields at LG....
Terry at RT

Get another LT, unless he pans out quick (ala O.Pace)
Black will have be around for while.

DT is where we need to go in 2nd round.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 09:35 AM
I like how the 2 positions everyone wants LT/DT are probably the worst positions in this draft.......the few that do exist are top 10 picks....

If this team reaches on a LT or a DT in the first round out of need while players like Jarrett are on the board it would be very typical Chiefs drafting...

suds79
12-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I like how the 2 positions everyone wants LT/DT are probably the worst positions in this draft.......the few that do exist are top 10 picks....

If this team reaches on a LT or a DT in the first round out of need while players like Jarrett are on the board it would be very typical Chiefs drafting...

Yeah I gotta agree.

As much as we need a LT & a DT, I'd rather have a 6'5 prooven wideout like Jarrett rather than taking the 3rd or 4th best LT/DT

Furthermore, I'm just so sick of needing a WR every single year. If there is a quality WR there when we draft as compared to a LT or DT, I hope we just take the best player available.... Which could easily be Jarrett.

Demonpenz
12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Just take the best player available please and then build around that.

htismaqe
12-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Best player available.

One needs to look no further than last year's draft (and the year before that to some extent) and look at how many of those players are contributing.

El Jefe
12-28-2006, 01:20 PM
There will be some good WR's in this years draft, it is possible that Jarret could fall to us or we could get Sydney Rice if he comes out he is sweet. The best LT/DT's in the draft will be gone by our pick....Good Point MECCA.

the Talking Can
12-28-2006, 01:23 PM
thankfully, we have been drafting BAA in the first round recently....LJ/DJ/Hali....it just happened that DJ and Hali were also positions of need....and DJ was a no brainer...

I agree absolutely that we should take a top flight WR if one is available....same with LB/DT/OL/CB...but I hope we find a tackle in the 2nd....Black is not the solution...

Chiefnj
12-28-2006, 01:32 PM
thankfully, we have been drafting BAA in the first round recently....LJ/DJ/Hali....it just happened that DJ and Hali were also positions of need....and DJ was a no brainer...

I agree absolutely that we should take a top flight WR if one is available....same with LB/DT/OL/CB...but I hope we find a tackle in the 2nd....Black is not the solution...

I like Hali, but I think that he was an area of need pick and not the best available athlete. As far as athleticism goes, Hali isn't extraordinary.

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2006, 01:40 PM

Jarrett maybe gone, but Omobi Okoye is really interesting prospect at the DT position

Mecca
12-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Jarrett maybe gone, but Omobi Okoye is really interesting prospect at the DT position

He's 290lbs.....and unless his workouts are something amazing he's not going in the first. There is 1 first round DT and he's going top 10. Well 1 unless someone starts reaching or takes one out of need at the very end of round 1.

I'd be really really surprised if Sidney Rice came out this year....

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2006, 01:49 PM
He's 290lbs.....and unless his workouts are something amazing he's not going in the first. There is 1 first round DT and he's going top 10. Well 1 unless someone starts reaching or takes one out of need at the very end of round 1.

I'd be really really surprised if Sidney Rice came out this year....

the kid is 19 years old, and sky is the limited already from what I've seen this kid is verifiable gamechanger and he's 6 feet tall at 290 lbs the kids a rock.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 01:51 PM
the kid is 19 years old, and sky is the limited already from what I've seen this kid is verifiable gamechanger

Who did you watch him play against.....Louisville doesn't play a juggernaut schedule so I have to ask.

We're going to be picking like 18th probably and as of today that looks like an extreme reach pick, we'll see how things shake out in the months leading up to the draft. Right now he'd likely be available at the 2nd round pick.

Pestilence
12-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I believe Sydney Rice has stated he's going to stay in college. I could be wrong though...its happened before.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
I believe Sydney Rice has stated he's going to stay in college. I could be wrong though...its happened before.

Yea Rice, Sam Baker and Brian Brohm have all said they are going back....Rice and Brohm I believe Baker I'm not so sure.

Pestilence
12-28-2006, 01:58 PM
I know Sam Baker has stated he's going back for another year.

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Who did you watch him play against.....Louisville doesn't play a juggernaut schedule so I have to ask.

We're going to be picking like 18th probably and as of today that looks like an extreme reach pick, we'll see how things shake out in the months leading up to the draft. Right now he'd likely be available at the 2nd round pick.

It was against West Virginia I had to check up. Though he also had a monster game playing at Rutgers the VW one was the game I saw

Woodrow Call
12-28-2006, 02:02 PM
How would everyone feel about this pick?

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=604532

Dwayne Bowe WR LSU

A good size receiver for a position that's just adequate

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:03 PM
How would everyone feel about this pick?

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=604532

Dwayne Bowe WR LSU

A good size receiver for a position that's just adequate

Ehhh.......they'll likely be better guys available, atleast if you are talking first round.

Rausch
12-28-2006, 02:03 PM
The answer better be "quickly."

Chiefnj
12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
It was against West Virginia I had to check up. Though he also had a monster game playing at Rutgers the VW one was the game I saw

Rice had over 125 yards rushing at 6 a pop and 2 TD's. I don't think Louisville did much to stop the RU rushing attack.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Rice had over 125 yards rushing at 6 a pop and 2 TD's. I don't think Louisville did much to stop the RU rushing attack.

Okoye is more of a quick gap penetrating get sacks type of DT than a big monster stuff the run.......he fits a cover 2 defense though so I can see his point of why he wants to pick him.

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2006, 02:11 PM

Okoye had 3 tackles and one for a sack. Sounds like the LBs weren't getting the job done

Woodrow Call
12-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Ehhh.......they'll likely be better guys available, atleast if you are talking first round.

Here is the complete mock that went with the link

PICK TEAM NAME POS COLLEGE COMMENTS
1 Detroit Lions
Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame Will give the fans hope.

2 Oakland Raiders
Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin Need OL help but may go best available. Too many holes.

3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
LaMarr Woodley LB Michigan Need impact defensive player.

4 Houston Texans
Calvin Johnson (jr) WR Georgia Tech Get as many weapons as possible.

5 Cleveland Browns
Ted Ginn JR. (jr) WR Ohio State He's a playmaker from down the road.

6 Arizona Cardinals
Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State A productive defender.

7 St. Louis Rams
Patrick Willis LB Mississippi This is an upgrade at the position and possibly a steal.

8 Washington Redskins
Gaines Adams DE Clemson Will add athleticism on the edge.

9 Green Bay Packers
Adrian Peterson (jr) RB Oklahoma Need to upgrade and prepare for the future.

10 San Francisco 49ers
Quentin Moses DE Georgia Need a young pass rusher.

11 Carolina Panthers
">JaMarcus Russell(jr) QB LSU A big arm to replace the veteran and generate excitement.

12 Tennessee Titans
Dwayne Jarrett (jr) WR USC A big receiver that will help Vince be more productive.

13 Minnesota Vikings
Jeff Samardzija WR Notre Dame Give Jackson more weapons.

14 Miami Dolphins
Troy Smith QB Ohio State Need a shot in the arm on offense.

15 Buffalo Bills
Sidney Rice (jr) WR South Carolina Improve passing game to relieve pressure on the run and the QB.

16 Pittsburgh Steelers
Leon Hall CB Michigan Lets them continue to attack the line of scrimmage.

17 Kansas City Chiefs
Dwayne Bowe WR LSU A good size receiver for a position that's just adequate.

18 Atlanta Falcons
Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame Can't rely on Abraham and need to be more productive off the edge.

19 New England Patriots from Seattle
LaRon Landry S LSU Could use secondary help.

20 New York Jets
Quinn Pitcock DT Ohio State Improves the interior of their defense.

21 Jacksonville Jaguars
Levi Brown OT Penn State An upgrade and could be a fixture on the OL.

22 New York Giants
Marshawn Lynch RB California Need to replace Tiki.

23 Philadelphia Eagles
Michael Griffin S Texas Could be the ideal sidekick to Dawkins at safety.

24 Denver Broncos
Glenn Dorsey (jr) DT LSU Need more stout depth inside.

25 Cincinnati Bengals
Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame This is a tough and reliable player. Is a fighter, legally!

26 Dallas Cowboys
Ryan Harris OG Notre Dame Can play more than one position.

27 New Orleans Saints
Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State Will bring youth to the group and add a foundation player.

28 New England Patriots
Jason Hill WR Washington State Should add a playmaker on the outside.

29 Indianapolis Colts
Rufus Alexander LB Oklahoma A linebacker that can run and tackle will help.

30 Baltimore Ravens
Kenny Irons RB Auburn Will improve the explosiveness at the position.

31 Chicago Bears
Marcus Thomas DT Florida You can never have enough talent up the middle.

32 San Diego Chargers
Justin Blalock OG Texas

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Ok I think that mock is horrible......Lamar Woodley isn't going ahead of Gaines Adams, no Alan Branch?

If the draft went exactly like that.......LaRon Landry is a great player. If the Chiefs didn't take him, regardless of what they think of Page/Pollard they'd be completely retarded. He won't be available when we pick but if they passed him I'd get really pissed.

Pestilence
12-28-2006, 02:18 PM
No way we pass on Levi Brown if he's still there....or Pitcock.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
No way we pass on Levi Brown if he's still there....or Pitcock.

I don't particulary care for those players........not for what we're trying to do anyway.

AustinChief
12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
There is 1 first round DT and he's going top 10. Well 1 unless someone starts reaching or takes one out of need at the very end of round 1.

Branch, Pitcock, Okam... which of these is NOT first round talent? (okay MAYBE Okam) What about Marcus Thomas?

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Branch, Pitcock, Okam... which of these is NOT first round talent? (okay MAYBE Okam) What about Marcus Thomas?

Where they'll go and what I think their talent is are 2 different things. Branch is a top 10 guy he's the one I reference. Pitcock, Okam and any other DT in this years class is going to benefit from how bare it is and go higher than they generally would....

Pitcock probably will go in the first round despite me not thinking he has first round talent.

Marcus Thomas to me is 2nd-3rd round. Even in this class there's going to be about 6-7 guys rated ahead of him. All of the guys you mention, Okoye, Tank Tyler from NC State.

Pestilence
12-28-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't particulary care for those players........not for what we're trying to do anyway.

Who do you think we'll take in the 1st round? Obviously not going off of this mock draft because Landry won't slip that far down.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Who do you think we'll take in the 1st round? Obviously not going off of this mock draft because Landry won't slip that far down.

If Jarrett is available at our pick he's going to be the best player there....that's who I'd go with. If he's gone then I'm looking at the best player available at basically any position. I don't believe in reaching for needs especially when you have as many holes as we do. I'm also a big fan of Pat Willis but everyone here would probably have a fit if we went MLB.

InChiefsHell
12-28-2006, 02:30 PM

What ARE we trying to do again??

Rausch
12-28-2006, 02:30 PM

Martyball without the Marty...

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:33 PM

Let me explain that.....Quinn Pitcock is not a cover 2 DT. The cover 2 system requires different kinds of DT's. Anyone here wanting to draft/sign a big 350lb road grading DT needs to get that isn't a cover 2 DT. Cover 2 DT's are quick, penetrating, get pressure on the QB type DT's. That of course will make your front under sized hence why most cover 2 teams get run on......This is why if the Chiefs did want a DT a guy like Okoye who has been metioned would make sense for the defense over a guy like Pitcock.

Levi Brown from what I've seen is a good run blocker and a very blah pass blocker. He's in an offense that doesn't throw much, I think he'd be risky. Guys like Sam Baker are much more suited for a team like ours because they are playing in pro style offenses and have to know how to pass block well.

InChiefsHell
12-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Martyball without the Marty...

I'm guessing that's better than Maryball without the balls...oh wait...

Pestilence
12-28-2006, 02:34 PM
If Jarrett is available at our pick he's going to be the best player there....that's who I'd go with. If he's gone then I'm looking at the best player available at basically any position. I don't believe in reaching for needs especially when you have as many holes as we do. I'm also a big fan of Pat Willis but everyone here would probably have a fit if we went MLB.

If we don't re-sign Mitchell then I think we should definitley take a look at a MLB in the draft. I wouldn't mind drafting Blades out of Pitt. I don't see Bell as our MLB...he's too slow and is a liability in coverage.

InChiefsHell
12-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Let me explain that.....Quinn Pitcock is not a cover 2 DT. The cover 2 system requires different kinds of DT's. Anyone here wanting to draft/sign a big 350lb road grading DT needs to get that isn't a cover 2 DT. Cover 2 DT's are quick, penetrating, get pressure on the QB type DT's. That of course will make your front under sized hence why most cover 2 teams get run on......This is why if the Chiefs did want a DT a guy like Okoye who has been metioned would make sense for the defense over a guy like Pitcock.

Levi Brown from what I've seen is a good run blocker and a very blah pass blocker. He's in an offense that doesn't throw much, I think he'd be risky. Guys like Sam Baker are much more suited for a team like ours because they are playing in pro style offenses and have to know how to pass block well.

Didn't Sapp play in the Cover 2 in Tampa? He's a fuggin huge bastage...but maybe he's the exception?

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Didn't Sapp play in the Cover 2 in Tampa? He's a fuggin huge bastage...but maybe he's the exception?

Sapps bigger now than he was in his prime.....but he was still much more of a quick, explosive split gaps get after the QB type DT than a run stuffer.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:39 PM
If we don't re-sign Mitchell then I think we should definitley take a look at a MLB in the draft. I wouldn't mind drafting Blades out of Pitt. I don't see Bell as our MLB...he's too slow and is a liability in coverage.

Well I've been pretty outspoken that Mitchell should be let go....

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2006, 03:09 PM

When Sapp was in his prime he was about 300-305

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
I hate to interupt the USC crclJrk and DT discussion, but this was an "oline" thread.

So.....Nisewanger and Stallings aren't candidates for rebuilding this Oline?

Between Terry, Black and Welbourne, I think the Chiefs could be alright at Shields' guard spot as well as RT.

The hole, is LT. Its one that really must be addressed.

I think Nisewanger could be a legit successor to Wiegeman.

Please don't try to sell me any more of the Turley/Sampson/Svitek/Bober crap. I'm full.

htismaqe
12-28-2006, 04:31 PM
I hate to interupt the USC crclJrk and DT discussion, but this was an "oline" thread.

Between Terry, Black and Welbourne, I think the Chiefs could be alright at Shields' guard spot as well as RT.

Please don't try to sell me any more of the Turley/Sampson/Svitek/Bober crap. I'm full.

The problem is that the best of the bunch at LT will likely be gone when we pick in the 1st, and addressing LT later in the draft usually nets a player like Jordan Black...

Woodrow Call
12-28-2006, 04:41 PM

I agree. I think Carl has to sign a FA LT to solidify the line. I don't think it can be done drafting in the 18-20 range. The rest of the line is set IMO.

Pestilence
12-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Well what about in FA then? What about Starks from Pittsburgh?

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Depends who is available in the draft when we pick.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Weren't Justice and McNeil both 2nd round picks last year and are now starting tackles?

Mecca
12-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Weren't Justice and McNeil both 2nd round picks last year and are now starting tackles?

Yes..but last year was an exceptionally deep tackle year....

jAZ
12-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Trading for an over-the-hill Willie Roaf was one of the smartest things we could have ever done.

There's always a way to monday morning QB a GM who's offseason moves worked out well. 3 years ago this story would have been about how the Chiefs were brilliant in mixing young talent with aging veterans to build one of the best lines in the history of the NFL.

OnTheWarpath58
12-28-2006, 05:34 PM
The problem is that the best of the bunch at LT will likely be gone when we pick in the 1st, and addressing LT later in the draft usually nets a player like Jordan Black...

I've seen a bunch of reports listing Thomas, Brown, Staley and Sears all in Top 25 regardless of position.

One of them will be there, I'd think.

El Jefe
12-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Archie Bunker, that mock is one of the worst I have seen. Woodley going 3rd no way, I dont see Ginn going 5th either, overall its a terrible mock.

blsilks
12-28-2006, 11:33 PM
You know if we ran the Texas Tech offense then we wouldn't need an offensive line.

Woodrow Call
12-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Archie Bunker, that mock is one of the worst I have seen. Woodley going 3rd no way, I dont see Ginn going 5th either, overall its a terrible mock.

I agree. Just threw it out there for discussion.

Halfcan
12-29-2006, 12:25 AM
We had good luck with the last Okoye.

InChiefsHell
12-29-2006, 08:36 AM
We had good luck with the last Okoye.

Bring on the Nigerian Nightmare ver. 2.0!!

htismaqe
12-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I've seen a bunch of reports listing Thomas, Brown, Staley and Sears all in Top 25 regardless of position.

One of them will be there, I'd think.

I think they're over-valuing Staley and Sears because it's not a great year for OT's. Sam Baker is the guy that's probably the best fit for us. I'm not high on Levi Brown, I don't think he operates well enough in space. Jake Long has talent.

The other guy that nobody is talking about is Doug Free out of Northern Illinois. Excellent footwork, very athletic. He could be dominant in our offense...

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2006, 02:18 PM
I think they're over-valuing Staley and Sears because it's not a great year for OT's. Sam Baker is the guy that's probably the best fit for us. I'm not high on Levi Brown, I don't think he operates well enough in space. Jake Long has talent.

The other guy that nobody is talking about is Doug Free out of Northern Illinois. Excellent footwork, very athletic. He could be dominant in our offense...

I like Baker also. I've actually seen a couple of mock with us picking him between 16-20.

I think Ryan Harris could be a first day guy that could help also....

DaneMcCloud
12-29-2006, 02:20 PM
With a few exceptions here's what I think about drafting for offensive talent:

Show me a team that spends 2 first day draft picks on offensive lineman and I'll show you a team set on offense for the majority of the next 10 years. (see Blaylock, Derrek as an example of what a good o-line can do - also )

Show me a team that consistently drafts WRs in the 1st round and I'll show you a team struggling on offense year in and year out. (see Jacksonville, Atlanta, Detroit et.al)

You mean like last year's Super Bowl Champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers? Troy Edwards, Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes? Three first round receivers in the past 7 years?

FringeNC
12-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Black at RG, Svitek at LT or RT? Svitek has been hyped. If he turns out to be the real deal...

Black is a good guard, but a very mediocre tackle, in my opinion...

Sampson and Welbourn certainly can't be counted on, so we need another tackle.

I'd resign Turley. He's a useful fill-in tackle, but can't be counted on either. Draft the best available OT or DT on the board.

DaneMcCloud
12-29-2006, 02:30 PM

I think Niswanger could be a legit successor to Wiegeman.

Why do you think that Stallings and Niswanger, a 6th round draft choice and an undrafted free agent could be key to rebuilding this line?

Don't names like Sampson & Svitek ring a bell? Guys who can't stay healthy or aren't talented enough to play?

The Jets began rebuilding their offense line with TWO first round choices. Arguably the best left tackle prospect and the best center prospect. Not two, late second day, garbage heap kind of guys.

Why the optimism? Or is it just homerism?

Iowanian
12-29-2006, 03:49 PM
First of all, I wasn't impressed with Stallings in the preseason, at all.

I didn't say they WOULD be the foundation of the next line.

Why do I think Nisewanger could be a legit Center? He's very smart, big and pretty athletic. Center shouldn't be as difficult to fill.

the Name Brian Waters, FA TE via Dallas mean anything to you?

I don't think Sampson is worth a damn....he's too top heavy and doesn't move his feet well, and can't stay healthy. Svitek hasn't shown ANYTHING yet. I'm not buying that hype.

Turley isn't a legit option, Welbourne should be a RG if Shields retires....black is more suited as a RT or OG.

I have hope for Chris Terry at RT, because of what he did in Seattle.

I don't think the Chiefs are even potentially competative for Max Starks........I could see Someone the caliber of Gandy as Carl's speed for LT, if not some unlisted bum.

Woodrow Call
12-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I have hope for Chris Terry at RT, because of what he did in Seattle.

I think he is the key to impoving the line. I believe they signed him more for 07 then 06 and if that gamble pays off it will solve the RT problem.

He could be an upgrade at RT and allow Welbourn to play his best positon.