PDA

View Full Version : Would this make you go vegan?????

chiefqueen
12-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Poll above (I think)

Here's the letter to the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/12/28/cloned.food.ap/index.html

|Zach|
12-28-2006, 11:14 AM
No, but you using more exclamation and question marks in every single one of your thread titles would help.

Stewie
12-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Nothing bothers me. I've been in slaughter houses and I still eat meat.

Phobia
12-28-2006, 11:17 AM
I've long considered buying 10-20 acres and raising what I eat myself. I'm not sure I'd be squeamish about eating cloned meat - I doubt it. But I am a little worried about all the chemicals and steroids they put in livestock.

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm not eating cloned meat.

I'll continue to eat alot of beef, pork, chicken, turkey and venison though. I'm kind of craving a juicy bunny rabbit right now.

ChiefsLV
12-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Since the thread title and poll title are opposite, I voted incorrectly. This poll can no longer be certified as scientific and as such should be removed/re-created.

seclark
12-28-2006, 11:33 AM
i didn't read the article, but will cloned meat have to be labled as such?
sec

Stewie
12-28-2006, 11:38 AM
sec

No, it won't. So people who don't want to eat it won't know.

88TG88
12-28-2006, 11:38 AM
the main places that are going to serve cloned meat is probably going to be fast food joints. so 'll just steer clear of McDonalds

chiefqueen
12-28-2006, 11:40 AM
sec

As it stands now, products from clones would not be labelled. In plain English, you wouldn't know what you would be eating.

seclark
12-28-2006, 11:44 AM
As it stands now, products from clones would not be labelled. In plain English, you wouldn't know what you would be eating.
kinda like taco bell?
sec

patteeu
12-28-2006, 11:45 AM
If someone can explain to me how the genetic composition of cloned meat, even if it is somehow defective, is going to affect me then I'll hesitate. For now, pass me a clone of the steak I ate last night and I'll be happy.

StcChief
12-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't expect that to standup....

Of course the mis-labeling etc.

What about PETA....are they worried about clones and their rights.

BIG_DADDY
12-28-2006, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't expect that to standup....

Why is that? They already have genetically modified vegies and fruit you are eating and don't know. If there is a buck to made doing they will, to hell with consumer rights.

cheeeefs
12-28-2006, 12:16 PM
since currently cloning is very expensive it is not practical to clone simply for mass slaughter. Cloning in live-stock is primarily going to be used for breeding purposes. Clone dairy cows with abnormally high milk output and cows with exceptional marbeling and then breed them and use their offspring for consumer purposes.

After all the tests the FDA says that the its safe. The only question is an ethical one. I expect a huge stink raised by anti-cloning organizations, but in the end the money, and more importantly peoples apathy will win out. People might *say* that they don't want to eat clone meat, but when it comes time to actually adjust their lifestyle they will get over it in a hurry. It will be a non-issue is my guess.

way2kalm
12-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Why is that? They already have genetically modified vegies and fruit you are eating and don't know. If there is a buck to made doing they will, to hell with consumer rights.

Those are already labeled. Check the PLU # when you purchase your fruits and veggies. I belive if it starts with a 9 followed by the normal 4 digit label, it is genetically modified. If you want something organic, I think it will be labeled organic. If those things concern you, pony up a few more bucks and shop at wild oats or whole foods. If you're a tight wad, grow the stuff yourself.

Calcountry
12-28-2006, 12:18 PM
I know where my meat is packed.

Calcountry
12-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Nothing bothers me. I've been in slaughter houses and I still eat meat.I slaughter animals I eat. :shrug:

Stewie
12-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I slaughter animals I eat. :shrug:

So have I. Slaughter houses are a whole different level.