PDA

View Full Version : The mother of all Blizzards Part Duex

DenverChief
12-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Denver- Snow began falling on the metro area Thursday morning as much of Colorado braced for another winter storm with heavy snowfall.

9NEWS Meteorologist Nick O'Kelly says the metro area could get 2 to 5 inches of snow by Thursday evening. The snow will pick up throughout the day.

The storm will intensify overnight into Friday and there could be 9 to 17 inches of snow by Friday morning in the metro area.

Snowfall rates could get up to 2 inches per hour, especially in the foothills along the Front Range.

Nick says by Friday, the foothills could see 18 to 36 inches and the mountain areas 12 to 24 inches.

The storm is expected to continue through Friday and possibly into Saturday afternoon.

Nick says we should expect hazardous driving conditions; many highways could become icy and snow packed.

The storm could also impact travel at Denver International Airport because of gusty winds, blowing snow and drifting.

A WINTER STORM WARNING is in effect from noon on

Hydrae
12-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Are the 49ers already on the ground up there or is this going to become an issue? I would hate to see the Broncos going to the playoffs because SF had to forfiet the game.

BIG_DADDY
12-28-2006, 01:20 PM
I told you once already, God is very angry at people living in dog killing country.

Calcountry
12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I told you once already, God is very angry at people living in dog killing country.I thought you said He was angry at the people on Polk Street. :hmmm:

Baconeater
12-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Heh, here in Omaha we've set a record for the latest measureable snowfall. We haven't had any snow whatsoever yet this winter. The latest we've ever gone without snow before this year was Dec 23rd.

BIG_DADDY
12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I thought you said He was angry at the people on Polk Street. :hmmm:

I was being sarcastic then. Those pictures are still bothering you aren't they. LMAO

Skip Towne
12-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Are the 49ers already on the ground up there or is this going to become an issue? I would hate to see the Broncos going to the playoffs because SF had to forfiet the game.
I doubt the NFL would allow a forfeit. It would cost them too much money.

Stinger
12-28-2006, 01:28 PM

This has been forcasted all week, they should have made them play early like they made a certain AFC West team last year against Miami.

SPchief
12-28-2006, 01:30 PM
This has been forcasted all week, they should have made them play early like they made a certain AFC West team last year against Miami.

They wouldn't want the 49rs to travel and play on the same day.

The NFL likes the 49rs

chiefqueen
12-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Denver should be the one having to forfeit....shutting the airport 2 days everytime it snows.

trndobrd
12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Is it really necessary to start a thread every time a snowflake falls in Denver? When DenverChief and Rainman have to go Alferd Packer...then we'll have a thread.

Hydrae
12-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Is it really necessary to start a thread every time a snowflake falls in Denver? When DenverChief and Rainman have to go Alferd Packer...then we'll have a thread.

Then we will have to find some college cafeteria to name after them. ROFL

chiefqueen
12-28-2006, 01:47 PM

They want to increase their post counts for the first ever Texas-Hold "Em post count poker tournament.

I'm still working on 5 count draw.

Phobia
12-28-2006, 01:48 PM
This still blows. What are the chances my brother's family catches a late afternoon flight out of Denver tomorrow? About none?

Mr. Laz
12-28-2006, 01:52 PM
have all the snow trucks push that snow into a get big pile inside Incestco.

preferably while the donk team is still inside.

Dartgod
12-28-2006, 01:55 PM
This still blows. What are the chances my brother's family catches a late afternoon flight out of Denver tomorrow? About none?
The chances are inversely proportional had it been your in-laws that are flying out of Denver.

Phobia
12-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Very funny.

Bwana
12-28-2006, 03:12 PM

If they were flying out of Salt Lake or Minneapolis, I would say very good, but the folks in Denver, primarily at the airport, seem mystified by snow and donít seem to have any idea how to deal with it. Hence, I would say there is about a 95% chance you are hosed.

StcChief
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Traveling over winter just sucks. Plan on making changes quickly to accommodate weather...if not sit at airport on freeway and bitch about it or stay home.

Rain Man
12-28-2006, 04:16 PM

I should warn people that I panic easily.

DenverChief
12-28-2006, 05:59 PM

Okay Mister Poopy Pants

Donger
12-28-2006, 08:20 PM

Practically zero.

Donger
12-28-2006, 08:21 PM
If they were flying out of Salt Lake or Minneapolis, I would say very good, but the folks in Denver, primarily at the airport, seem mystified by snow and donít seem to have any idea how to deal with it. Hence, I would say there is about a 95% chance you are hosed.

Any airport will close with 20 inches of snow in a 24 period and 50 mph winds. Come on now.

Phobia
12-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Well, they made it out. It's good to see family again.

Donger
12-30-2006, 08:27 AM

That's good news. It wasn't nearly as bad as last time. Looks like the the low took off east faster than anticipated.

DaFace
12-30-2006, 08:31 AM

Glad to hear that. Was the airport as much of a circus on Friday as it was on Thursday? The lines at the Frontier Airlines counter were wrapped around the entire terminal when we went out early afternoon on Thursday. Luckily, we had no bags to check and an e-ticket, so we got through pretty quickly.

Cntrygal
12-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I wish Denver would shuffle some of that snow to the Western Black Hills.