PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild

redbrian
12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
What do you think?

Will the Chiefs be in rebuild mode at the end of the year?
If so how many of the current staff will be gone?
Who is on the chopping block?
Do you have the patients to wait a year or more while the team rebuilds?

For my part I think the team gets torn apart at the end of the season, at least 10 starters will be gone.

New faces will be brought in from the draft and off the market.

Iíve got no where to go, Iíve been riding this train since day one and have no desire to jump ship now (howís that for mixing metaphors).

Greg Wesley I believe will be traded (if possible), the young bucks are too good to keep down.

As for the other 9 I will have to give more consideration.

ptlyon
12-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Will the Chiefs be in rebuild mode at the end of the year?

You're always in rebuild mode when you bring in a new head coach.

NEXT...

StcChief
Going with what Herm was saying 15-25% new players on the team. YEARLY

Stewie
Do you have the patients to wait a year or more while the team rebuilds?

I'm not a doctor.

redbrian
12-29-2006, 11:54 AM
You're always in rebuild mode when you bring in a new head coach.

NEXT...

All right so you think the Chiefs will be rebuilding, whose gone who stays, can you take a 7 and 9 or worse season or will you piss and moan the whole season, and how many seasons will you give Herm to rebuild into a winner?

El Jefe
12-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I dont think a rebuild is necessary, look at the Defense, if we get some good DT's and a CB we can mold, and if we let the youngins start at the safety positon we look good. Of course we need to keep Jared Allen and hopefully Mitchell unless he thinks he is worth more than he is. I agree with you redbrian, I think we should try and trade Wesley, there are some good FA's this year. I dont see tearing the team down at all, that wont happen under Herm.

redbrian
12-29-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm not a doctor.

Spelling aside what do you think, or do you only have smart ass remarks in regards to spelling. :p

ptlyon
12-29-2006, 11:58 AM
All right so you think the Chiefs will be rebuilding, whose gone who stays...

Shields of course is gone. Other than that - not a clue.

can you take a 7 and 9 or worse season

I've been a Chiefs fan all my life - I've seen a few 7 & 9 seasons

or will you piss and moan the whole season,

Like I did this year? Yes.

...and how many seasons will you give Herm to rebuild into a winner?

I gave him 1 - that should be sufficent. And in watching that one, I can say he never will turn this team into a winner.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I think the Steelers fan's after glow has dimmed if not blinked out. The NFL is a roller coaster ride. The Chiefs have not been as high, so the drops shouldn't cause much stomache revolt. Unless you're Reerun

kepp
12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
I could sooner endure a 7-9 or even a 6-10 "rebuilding" season than a 8-8 season in which I'm told we're not rebuilding.

greg63
12-29-2006, 12:09 PM
...Do you have the patients to wait a year or more while the team rebuilds?...

That's all the Chiefs have done since Carl took over at GM.

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I gave him 1 - that should be sufficent. And in watching that one, I can say he never will turn this team into a winner.

Wow...one year to rebuild....generous of you.

You must have been throwing a shit-fit when DV went 6-10 in his first year.......

Then 8-8 the next....

ptlyon
12-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Wow...one year to rebuild....generous of you.

Something about the Chiefs not being in the SuperBowl in my lifetime, nor Lamar Hunt winning his trophy before he died has upped my expectations.

greg63
12-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Something about the Chiefs not being in the SuperBowl in my lifetime, nor Lamar Hunt winning his trophy before he died has upped my expectations....See, those are the very things that have wiped away any expectations I ever had.

ptlyon
12-29-2006, 12:20 PM
...See, those are the very things that has wiped away any expectations I ever had.

And I'm about there, too.

greg63
12-29-2006, 12:20 PM
And I'm about there, too.

I understand.

Pylo1020
12-29-2006, 12:26 PM
"Rebuild", by definition, would assume you built something in the first place. No playoff wins since the '93 season. Sounds like they should be in "Restart" mode.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2006, 12:28 PM
and how many seasons will you give Herm to rebuild into a winner?

Your kidding right?

Warrior5
12-29-2006, 12:28 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan since '66; I'll always be a Chiefs fan, so I don't have any choice but to be patient.

On offense, we have (and will have) too many holes to simply plug, play, and compete in one off-season.

Gonzales: I think he's fed up with not winning, he knows that as he gets older his window for playing for a Champion is closing, and he's a "coast" kinda guy. I leave it at that...

QB: Trent's age & ability is the never-ending topic of sports radio. Again, I'll leave that alone.

RB: give a big extension to LJ and keep Bennett. Cruz should be back from injury, so I'm content with the backfield.

Shields/OG: 'nuff said.

RT & LT: 'nuff said.

Receivers: 'nuff said.

On defense, we're better and relatively young.

DT: We still (have I said this before?) need a monster, run-stuffing, pocket-collapser. Cap hit or not, the Sims cancer needs to go.

DE: Solid with Allen & Hali, but we need some quality depth since Hicks needs to go away.

CB: Surtain, and especially Law, are not the long-term answer, but they are serviceable until the Chiefs acquire/develop some young studs.

LB: Pretty good shape. Although Bell has played pretty solid the last 3 games, he's still the weakest link. Fox is coming along well as a future replacement.

Safeties: also in good shape, but Wesley needs to go.

On Special Teams, I think we've also improved. Colquitt is gold. Tynes, OTOH, has kicked deeper this year but he's also missed some chip shot FGs. And yes, keep Gammon as long-snapper.

Coaches? That's all on Edwards. If he's serious about accountability, he'll fire at least a couple.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Coaches? That's all on Edwards. If he's serious about accountability, he'll fire at least a couple.

Including himself?

El Jefe
12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Warrior5, or anybody else what is your opinion on Marcus Maxey does he look like he might be a good player. I watched him in college and he was pretty good, but I havent seen in in any NFL action.

Deberg_1990
12-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan since '66; I'll always be a Chiefs fan, so I don't have any choice but to be patient.

On offense, we have (and will have) too many holes to simply plug, play, and compete in one off-season.

Gonzales: I think he's fed up with not winning, he knows that as he gets older his window for playing for a Champion is closing, and he's a "coast" kinda guy. I leave it at that...

QB: Trent's age & ability is the never-ending topic of sports radio. Again, I'll leave that alone.

RB: give a big extension to LJ and keep Bennett. Cruz should be back from injury, so I'm content with the backfield.

Shields/OG: 'nuff said.

RT & LT: 'nuff said.

Receivers: 'nuff said.

On defense, we're better and relatively young.

DT: We still (have I said this before?) need a monster, run-stuffing, pocket-collapser. Cap hit or not, the Sims cancer needs to go.

DE: Solid with Allen & Hali, but we need some quality depth since Hicks needs to go away.

CB: Surtain, and especially Law, are not the long-term answer, but they are serviceable until the Chiefs acquire/develop some young studs.

LB: Pretty good shape. Although Bell has played pretty solid the last 3 games, he's still the weakest link. Fox is coming along well as a future replacement.

Safeties: also in good shape, but Wesley needs to go.

On Special Teams, I think we've also improved. Colquitt is gold. Tynes, OTOH, has kicked deeper this year but he's also missed some chip shot FGs. And yes, keep Gammon as long-snapper.

Well said...

Edwards should fire Gun: Hes improved the D, but overall, hes just not getting enough consistancy out of them. Plain and simple.

Solari: hes been just "ok". Id like to see a young offensive mind come in and retool the whole damn thing. I dont care what type of offense they bring. Just be creative, get the players to execute and call a conistant game plan. Attack teams where they weak.

Redrum_69
12-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Its all about the GM here.

You gotta start at the top and clean house from there.

Rebuild? Nah, more like Restructure....resurrect...and...remember

ferrarispider95
12-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Chiefs dont rebuild - they reload

I mean fans reloading shotguns as many waiver toward suicide as King Carl rapes us once again.

El Jefe
12-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Redrum_69 "Restructure....resurrect..and..remember
I like that I couldnt have said it better, so I wont try to.

thepascalblaze
12-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Let's see... we need on O-line, a QB, if not in '07, then in '08... at least 2 receivers.

I'd say we're gonna be in rebuilding mode.

The o-line needs 3 starters, unless your content with this year's line minus Shields.

I dunno what to think about Green. ...or Croyle for that matter, for opposite reasons.

Dante should focus on returns, receiving, or be traded. Kennison is only getting slower.

On the other side of the ball we have a foundation in Johnson, Mitchell, Allen, Hali and the young safeties. But we need to replace aging corners and still need a push inside on the line.

This all assumes Tony G stays for one reason or another.

This is a project that requires two offseasons to get to the deep into the postseason, in my estimation...

I will always pull and hope, but if Tony G, Trent and shields all leave, with all the holes that already exist, I think even the post season is doubtful again next year. We need to give Herm some time to figure it out, lest we start the treadmill of coaches, a la the Faiders...

I'm not sure if we have many tradable commodities we want to trade other than Wesley. I don't know how much cap space is freed upon the retirement of the big name vets. I also don't know who is going into free agency around the league...

...I think the best hope, though I don't know how likely it is, would be to tag Tony G, Trent desides to stay, we use the first pick we have to grab a monster blind-side tackle, get a serviceable replacement guard for Shields in FA, trade Wesley for whatever we can get and try to get D tackle in FA or through trade w/ the Wesley pick, and keep our aging corners for one more year...

...did you hear the Chiefs can still make the playoffs this year? I think our chances are about the same next year.

ptlyon
12-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Redrum_69 "Restructure....resurrect..and..remember
I like that I couldnt have said it better, so I wont try to.

Should have said ""Restructure....resurrect..and..dismember"

Stewie
12-29-2006, 01:06 PM
This team needs some serious revamping. Carl kept and brought in older players to win NOW. Well, now has come and gone, so it's time start over. I hope someone can evaluate talent (especially on offense) and maybe get a couple of sleepers in the draft and maybe a FA or two. I think if we can get a couple of O-Line players and a DT, that would be a start. I'm a firm believer in "everything starts up front." There are other positions that need to be addressed, but we can only do so much each year.

greg63
12-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Its all about the GM here.

You gotta start at the top and clean house from there.

Rebuild? Nah, more like Restructure....resurrect...and...remember

Yep!

Warrior5
12-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Warrior5, or anybody else what is your opinion on Marcus Maxey does he look like he might be a good player. I watched him in college and he was pretty good, but I havent seen in in any NFL action.

Maxey looked good when I saw him at Training Camp, but then he was injured. I think he was a good pick last year, and he's certainly no worse than Lenny "the pencil" Walls. I think you'll see him get some PT in 07 and eventually replace Law.

Warrior5
12-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Including himself?

Ain't gonna happen, so why address it?