PDA

View Full Version : What time of day does your UPS carrier usually arrive?

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I have 3 packages sitting on the delivery truck for today. And I've been sitting around all afternoon waiting for him to show up.

Everywhere we have lived until here, you could expect deliveries by each carrier within about a 30-60 minute time frame about 90% of the time. Here, the USPS guy shows up either between 11:30 -12:00 or 1:00-1:30 daily. The Fed Ex Ground guy shows up between 2pm and 3pm. The other Fed Ex guy shows up around 10:30.

In our last town, Mail - 1-2pm. UPS 2-3 pm.

Here, UPS might show up anywhere from 10am to 8pm (with NO consistency at all) - at both the house and the Church. They won't leave packages at the Church. I'll sit around all day waiting only to have them show up after I leave, put a note on the door saying they will try to deliver again in the am tommorow, I sit around again, and at 5:00 pm the next day they still haven't showed up.

What I really don't understand is last week (the week before Christmas) we were getting packages around noon. Shouldn't it be busier, hence slower, before Christmas? I don't get it.

I really needed one of the packages MUCH earlier in the afternoon.

Fairplay
12-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Between 5:00 and 6:00 PM

thedude
12-29-2006, 05:08 PM
If I were you, I would look to invest in a particle hyper-transporter.

Bob Dole
12-29-2006, 05:17 PM
If Bob Dole is home, they show up between 5-5:30. If Bob Dole is at work, they leave a note on the door around 3.

chief52
12-29-2006, 05:18 PM

Same here.

Skip Towne
12-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Why will they leave packages at some houses (with no signature) but won't at others without a signature. All of the stuff I install is shipped to the customer and nobody can explain this.

12-29-2006, 05:24 PM
It depends..if it's next day air..before 10am..anything else could be anytime of the day..

chief52
12-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Why will they leave packages at some houses (with no signature) but won't at others without a signature. All of the stuff I install is shipped to the customer and nobody can explain this.

Not sure how that works. I know they always leave packages at my home for me. FedEx has a waiver you can sign, which I did, and they leave packages on my front step. They would not do it before I signed the waiver.

Rain Man
12-29-2006, 05:36 PM
What was in the package?

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm still waiting.....

I gave serious consideration to going down to the distribution center (which is in town) and having the packages pulled off the truck before the trucks went out. But I thought, "For the last 2 weeks they have been getting here around noon which gives me plenty of time"

:banghead:

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 05:41 PM
What was in the package?

The one I was really anxious about is a bowling ball. I was hoping to head to Ok City this afternoon to get it drilled (no one close that I trust enough to drill one). The weather is turning here in OK. The south part of the state has T-storms with potential for tornados while the pan handle is getting hit by another storm bringing blizzard conditions.

I may not want to be on the interstate for an hour after both hit.

Deberg_1990
12-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Ive had them arrive as late as 8-8:30 PM

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 05:43 PM

Me too (since moving here).

Skip Towne
12-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, what's in the package? Uh....nevermind.

Rain Man
12-29-2006, 05:45 PM
The one I was really anxious about is a bowling ball. I was hoping to head to Ok City this afternoon to get it drilled (no one close that I trust enough to drill one). The weather is turning here in OK. The south part of the state has T-storms with potential for tornados while the pan handle is getting hit by another storm bringing blizzard conditions.

I may not want to be on the interstate for an hour after both hit.

Take some matches and water with you, and if you get trapped in the car you can probably use the bowling ball to kill a rabbit for food.

Rain Man
12-29-2006, 05:46 PM

What was in the most recent one?

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Take some matches and water with you, and if you get trapped in the car you can probably use the bowling ball to kill a rabbit for food.

Kill a rabbit????

You obviously are a city slicker. I'll use the bowling ball to smack a cow in the head and have steak for dinner.

:)

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Do you all have any idea how many diesel pickups have driven by today that sound like a UPS truck???

Simplex3
12-29-2006, 06:23 PM
They will arrive exactly 30 minutes after one of my children has gone to sleep, then bang the hell out of the door and hit the doorbell about 20 times in a 3 second window.

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 07:32 PM
They finally showed up just after I decided to drive out to the terminal to check on the delivery process. About 3 blocks from the house, I realized I was out of business cards to leave with them to call me if the driver returned with them. As I hopped out of the van to walk inside the dude comes rolling down the street.

I tell him, I was beginning to wonder if this was coming today or not.

He says, "You're my last stop"

I think, "Here, let me drop this one on your foot." :mad:

Skip Towne
12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
They finally showed up just after I decided to drive out to the terminal to check on the delivery process. About 3 blocks from the house, I realized I was out of business cards to leave with them to call me if the driver returned with them. As I hopped out of the van to walk inside the dude comes rolling down the street.

I tell him, I was beginning to wonder if this was coming today or not.

He says, "You're my last stop"

I think, "Here, let me drop this one on your foot." :mad:
What does it cost to UPS a bowling ball?

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 07:38 PM
What does it cost to UPS a bowling ball?

Usually 20-25 bucks. Doesn't really matter though. You buy it at most Proshops you pick it out of a catalog, they order it and pass the shipping on to you anyway. Now, perhaps some of the proshops Pink knows in KC may have stock on hand, but none out here.

Getting the ball on Ebay new in the box for 10% of retail price was too good to pass up on.

JBucc
12-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Usually about 3-4 in the afternoon. They piss me off though because they hardly tap the door and I can never hear them. Usually the only way I know they were here is because I hear the truck braking or accelerating.

Skip Towne
12-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Usually about 3-4 in the afternoon. They piss me off though because they hardly tap the door and I can never hear them. Usually the only way I know they were here is because I hear the truck braking or accelerating.
Booby trap the front porch.

Rain Man
12-29-2006, 07:46 PM
They will arrive exactly 30 minutes after one of my children has gone to sleep, then bang the hell out of the door and hit the doorbell about 20 times in a 3 second window.

The pizza delivery guys do this in my neighborhood, which bugs the heck out of me. The doorbell will ring, and half a second after I stand up, they bang real loud on the door. What, was their last stop the Flash or something?

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 09:40 PM
The pizza delivery guys do this in my neighborhood, which bugs the heck out of me. The doorbell will ring, and half a second after I stand up, they bang real loud on the door. What, was their last stop the Flash or something?

Now, if you had a bowling ball, you could fling it at the rabbits in the neigbor's flower garden. Then you wouldn't have to wait on a pizza guy.

UteChief
12-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Sorry PastorMikH I wish I would have read your post earlier. I work in a UPS phone center. If you have ever called an #800 and hear the "This call may be monitored for quality purposes.", that's me. You can call 1-800742-5877 and request that a message be sent to your driver for an eta. It can save a lot of time. Sometimes they will even meet with you.

Most packages can not be left at a business, unless it is requested by the shipper. Packages are released at a residence at the driver's discretion. If packages were left and not received in the area, we won't leave any more packages in the area.

If you have any more questions, I can probably answer them. Just pm me.

Rain Man
12-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Now, if you had a bowling ball, you could fling it at the rabbits in the neigbor's flower garden. Then you wouldn't have to wait on a pizza guy.

Good point. Too bad we don't have cows around here.

12-29-2006, 11:27 PM
same here

Skip Towne
12-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Good point. Too bad we don't have cows around here.
I thought cows were everywhere.

PastorMikH
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Sorry PastorMikH I wish I would have read your post earlier. I work in a UPS phone center. If you have ever called an #800 and hear the "This call may be monitored for quality purposes.", that's me. You can call 1-800742-5877 and request that a message be sent to your driver for an eta. It can save a lot of time. Sometimes they will even meet with you.

Most packages can not be left at a business, unless it is requested by the shipper. Packages are released at a residence at the driver's discretion. If packages were left and not received in the area, we won't leave any more packages in the area.

If you have any more questions, I can probably answer them. Just pm me.

No problem! I also have a lady in the church that used to drive for UPS and knows a lot of the regulars here. She can usually give me cell #s if necesary.;) Like I said, usually I just go pick the package up in the early am instead of waiting all day.

I've worked at training drivers with the church, but about the time I get one trained to drop the package next door at the parsonage we get a new driver.

The guy tonight was new. That's one thing I've noticed is we seem to have a fair turnover here with drivers.

Rain Man
12-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I thought cows were everywhere.

I xeriscaped my yard this year.

88TG88
12-29-2006, 11:39 PM
they come around 11-5. its funny one time the UPS guy came to my door with my crap and he was on the phone. he was talking to his girl he said "booty call time im heading over there right now". it was about 1:30 in the afternoon so whoever was expecting a package had to wait.