PDA

View Full Version : Giants after Pioli?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2006, 02:25 PM
GIANTS TO MAKE RUN AT PIOLI?

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that ownership of the Giants has discussed contacting Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli regarding the soon-to-be-vacant G.M. job in New York.

Pioli is widely regarded as being interested in the job, since he grew up not far from New York City. We've never seen, however, any news reports confirming that he actually wants the position.

Vacchiano also says that the Giants have not ruled out hiring an internal candidate. Many league observers, however, view last week's interview of former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly as evidence that the next G.M. of the Giants won't be the product of an inside job. And while the knee-jerk reaction of many (including us) was that Casserly isn't a viable candidate for the gig, there is a school of thought in some circles that Casserly is actually the front runner, if Pioli isn't interested or can't be pried away.

In theory, the Giants can acquire Pioli if he is given finally say over personnel matters. The Patriots know that they are vulnerable in this regard, and owner Bob Kraft supposedly has pushed in the past a rule that would allow teams to block one front-office executive who doesn't possess final say.

Here's a possibility to keep in mind. What if the Patriots were to give Pioli final say? Sure, it could potentially create a conundrum between ownership and the guy who currently has final say -- but such a move likely would be enough to keep Pioli in place.

Bowser
12-30-2006, 02:28 PM
If I were Pioli, I would have it understood that under no circumstances would Herr Koughlin be attached to the team if I were to consider the job.

Bill Parcells
12-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Very interesting..This is the last year of Belichicks contract also..and they both have old ties to the Giants..

OnTheWarpath58
12-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Very interesting..This is the last year of Belichicks contract also..and they both have old ties to the Giants..

I read another article on this and it implied that Pioli would only go to NY if BB was to follow.

FWIW.

FringeNC
12-30-2006, 02:38 PM
We'd never be able to get Piolo, but I'd like us to go after some hot-shot assistant with New England or Philly.

The game has passed Carl by, and he needs to go.

Skip Towne
12-30-2006, 02:39 PM
I read another article on this and it implied that Pioli would only go to NY if BB was to follow.

FWIW.
Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts to the Patsies?

Bill Parcells
12-30-2006, 02:39 PM

FWIW.
If the Giants do not make the playoffs..Coughlin and Ernie Acorsi are history..Pioli has family in Jersey,is my son-in-law ;) and is best friends with BB..

Bill Parcells
12-30-2006, 02:40 PM
We'd never be able to get Piolo, but I'd like us to go after some hot-shot assistant with New England or Philly.

The game has passed Carl by, and he needs to go.
Didn't Belichick interview with the Chiefs in 99 or 2000??

Bowser
12-30-2006, 02:42 PM

He better not have.

Bill Parcells
12-30-2006, 02:44 PM
He better not have.
He did,I think when he was the Defensive coordinator of the Jets..don't remember the year though..he probably didn't like Carl.

Brock
12-30-2006, 02:45 PM

He got a lot of mention as a candidate, but then so did Dom Capers.

cdcox
12-30-2006, 02:45 PM

FWIW.

If you got that tandum in NY, the media would only have to cover one team.

Bowser
12-30-2006, 02:46 PM
He did,I think when he was the Defensive coordinator of the Jets..don't remember the year though..he probably didn't like Carl.

Well, obviously Carl didn't have the wherewithal to hire him, the dipshit.

chief52
12-30-2006, 02:52 PM
GIANTS TO MAKE RUN AT PIOLI?

Many league observers, however, view last week's interview of former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly as evidence that the next G.M. of the Giants won't be the product of an inside job. And while the knee-jerk reaction of many (including us) was that Casserly isn't a viable candidate for the gig, there is a school of thought in some circles that Casserly is actually the front runner, if Pioli isn't interested or can't be pried away.

Why would anyone consider hiring Casserly? Aren't his failures at Washington and Texas enough??? I do not get it...He has been a total failure every where he has been IMO. I would go nuts if the Chiefs considered Casserly.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Why can't we do something smart like fire Carl and hire Pioli?

Simplex3
12-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Why can't we do something smart like fire Carl and hire Pioli?
...because then we might succeed and the Chiefs organization get let us get spoiled by actual success lest we not show up at Arrowhead when we have a mediocre season.

Sure-Oz
12-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Carl makes a shit ton of money for the chiefs with a mediocre product. He don't have to win, cause most fans get pissed but keep coming back, sigh.