wutamess
12-31-2006, 11:15 AM
All he does is makes plays.

El Jefe
12-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Agreed

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Blocking punts is a little different than dropping back in coverage....

But i agree, he should be starting. Its time to play the youngsters.

the Talking Can
12-31-2006, 11:23 AM
what does punt blocking have to do with playing safety?

wutamess
12-31-2006, 11:28 AM
what does punt blocking have to do with playing safety?

The man makes plays and seems to be the only one on the field that wants to win during ballgames.
He's younger and he wasn't a 2nd round pick for nothing.

We're virtually out of the playoff picture and we need to start thinking about next year. Can't be any worse than Greg Wesley and will actually get a shoulder pad on a ball carrier. Reminds me of Sean Taylor of Washington that loves to hit just to be hitting.
Why not?

Thig Lyfe
12-31-2006, 11:29 AM
He's already a special teams stud, and when he does play safety he makes plays. He'd be a better starter than Knight or Wesley next year.

doomy3
12-31-2006, 11:31 AM
The man makes plays and seems to be the only one on the field that wants to win during ballgames.
He's younger and he wasn't a 2nd round pick for nothing.

We're virtually out of the playoff picture and we need to start thinking about next year. Can't be any worse than Greg Wesley and will actually get a shoulder pad on a ball carrier. Reminds me of Sean Taylor of Washington that loves to hit just to be hitting.
Why not?

Wesley did cause the first 3 and out. Knight caused the last one. I agree that the future of the safety play looks great with Page and Pollard, but I kind of like the fact that Herm is taking it slow with them. I think they are a little raw, especially Pollard. Right now he is gaining tons of confidence by making plays like he just did and picking spots on defense. Better than getting beat like he has shown a couple times. He will be good though.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Wesley did cause the first 3 and out. Knight caused the last one. I agree that the future of the safety play looks great with Page and Pollard, but I kind of like the fact that Herm is taking it slow with them. I think they are a little raw, especially Pollard. Right now he is gaining tons of confidence by making plays like he just did and picking spots on defense. Better than getting beat like he has shown a couple times. He will be good though.

You act as of this team has won a couple of SB's and have a 12-3 record.

Wesley has been crap for 6 years now. Far too inconsistant of a player.

Hes a liability in pass coverage and always has been.

Easy 6
12-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Pollard & Page will have to REALLY regress this summer to not be starters in 07.

I wish it had happened sooner, they are a KILLER 1-2 punch already. Next years S's should be SET. Bernard may be a 'lil rougher around the edges, but the sooner he goes into the tumbler at S, the sooner he will be a smooth stone.

Jared, Tamba, DJ & these guys can build something special here.

Theres not nearly as many D holes as some insist on thinking.

Halfcan
12-31-2006, 12:15 PM
He is a stud-I agree!

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 12:17 PM

Just right up the gut. DT, which has been discussed endlessly.

IM not a big Kawika fan either. I think we can upgrade there.

and of course safety....Page and Pollar will hopefully continue to improve.

wutamess
12-31-2006, 12:17 PM

Not true... if we don't get a great DT then this theory goes down the drain. Great DT play will make Wesley, Knight, Law, & Surtain look like pro-bowlers again.

Easy 6
12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Not true... if we don't get a great DT then this theory goes down the drain. Great DT play will make Wesley, Knight, Law, & Surtain look like pro-bowlers again.

Well, thats my point.

The only GLARING spot is at DT.

GROB
12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Well I guess you will have to wait until next year to see him start since this is KC last game of the year.

doomy3
12-31-2006, 12:23 PM

Right, so that kind of hurts the argument for the start of this thread doesn't it?

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 12:28 PM

Wesley has never been a Pro-Bowler and probably never will be.

blueballs
12-31-2006, 12:33 PM
he has a shot at ST player of the week

Silock
12-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Wesley has never been a Pro-Bowler and probably never will be.

Yes he has.

milkman
12-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Yes he has.

When?

Rausch
12-31-2006, 12:36 PM
When?
Two years ago.

Silock
12-31-2006, 12:36 PM
When?

Bah, you're right. He hasn't. He should have made it in 2003, but didn't.

I was wrong and confused.

Easy 6
12-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Well I guess you will have to wait until next year to see him start since this is KC last game of the year.

Fear Not...the Rocky Mountain Cheats will be ground into powder, neatly wrapped in a shiny box & then promptly sent home soon enough.

gslob < :Elvis:

Brock
12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Bah, you're right. He hasn't. He should have made it in 2003, but didn't.

I was wrong and confused.

You still are, if you think anybody off the 2003 defense is a pro bowler.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2006, 12:40 PM
He should of been starting when we were eliminated from the playoffs after the coaching debacle in Cleveland....

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 12:40 PM

Actually Jerome Woods made it in 2003, but he really should not have.

It was more like the league threw him a bone for being the good soldier all those years. I believe that was his only Pro-Bowl appearance in his career.

Silock
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM

Woods made it, but Wesley had a better year. If anyone from that D should have gone, it was Wesley. 104 tackles, 6 picks, 2 sacks... he was great that year.

Brock
12-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Woods made it, but Wesley had a better year. If anyone from that D should have gone, it was Wesley. 104 tackles, 6 picks, 2 sacks... he was great that year.

Woods shouldn't have made it, Wesley didn't. NOBODY from a 32 defense needs to be in the pro bowl.

Silock
12-31-2006, 12:46 PM
I disagree. It's not about taking the entire defense. One guy can most certainly have a great year even if everyone else around him is terrible. That's why they're individual awards.

NaptownChief
12-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Woods shouldn't have made it, Wesley didn't. NOBODY from a 32 defense needs to be in the pro bowl.

That defense put several players in the Pro Bowl but they all wore other teams jerseys.

GROB
12-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Fear Not...the Rocky Mountain Cheats will be ground into powder, neatly wrapped in a shiny box & then promptly sent home soon enough.

gslob < :Elvis:
Maybe, but I know you wish the Queefs could be one and done. Don't expect much from a rook QB in the playoffs, but he could pull ahead of TrINT's career playoff wins.

Easy 6
12-31-2006, 12:50 PM
he could pull ahead of TrINT's career playoff wins.

He COULD build a 1 man spacecraft/submarine & explore Lake Mars, but i doubt he will.

doomy3
12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
And Wesley comes up with another play if it wasn't for the roughing penalty.

doomy3
12-31-2006, 02:00 PM
And Page misses another tackle for the TD. AT LEAST the second huge missed tackle of this game for him. This is what I am talking about. If they were in all the time there would be so many things exposed about these guys that the whole board would be bitching about them. Give them some time and they will be great.

Easy 6
12-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Maybe, but I know you wish the Queefs could be one and done. Don't expect much from a rook QB in the playoffs, but he could pull ahead of TrINT's career playoff wins.

... ROFL ... ROFL ROFL ... ROFL ROFL ROFL ......

Den-Den go Night-Night.

Rain Man
12-31-2006, 08:44 PM

"Ohhh, I'm sorry. Wrong answer. But you won't be leaving emptyhanded. Johnny, tell him what he's won."

"He'll be receiving the home version of 'The NFL's 2006 Season', along with a gift certificate from Haggar slacks."

Pitt Gorilla
12-31-2006, 08:48 PM
He should of been starting when we were eliminated from the playoffs after the coaching debacle in Cleveland....?

milkman
12-31-2006, 08:51 PM
And Wesley comes up with another play if it wasn't for the roughing penalty.

OK, I've been trying to stay away from negativity since the Donkey loss, but you are a ****ing idiot.

If that ball had been on target, Wesley would have been in no position to make a play.

That ball was way off the mark, and had Wesley been in position to make a play on a well thrown ball, he would never have been in position to catch that ball.

That was pure dumb luck, period.

Wesley sucks ass.

Bowser
12-31-2006, 09:05 PM

What? What's that? I don't think I heard you. You'll have to speak up, Nostradamus.

Coach
12-31-2006, 09:10 PM
At least he's making plays like a 2nd rounder should in any way/form/fashion (scowls at William Bartee's direction)

Coach
12-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Wesley sucks ass.

I agree. How he's still on this team/roster is unknown to me. I can tolerate Page's missed tackles, becuase of the fact he IS a rookie. Wesley, who has been here for quite some time, is playing like a dumb-assed rookie who haven't figured out a damn thing.

Wesley is like a blind squirrel, who ocassionaly finds a nut somewhere.