PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Green....

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 01:26 PM
Its been a nice ride for 6 seasons...but its time for you to step aside..

dj56dt58
12-31-2006, 01:29 PM
no shit...wish Herm wasn't a ****in retard and could see the same thing and leave Huard in. I mean holy shit...Huard drives us down the field and scores points, Green turns the ball over. Not that difficult a decision..

blueballs
12-31-2006, 01:29 PM
It is time if not close
to pull him for this game

Thig Lyfe
12-31-2006, 01:31 PM
It's true.

Time to make a play for Schaub, Garrard, or Quinn Gray!

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 01:49 PM
God...now im completely convinced after the fumble.

Dude just makes too many stupid mistakes.

dj56dt58
12-31-2006, 01:50 PM
need more evidence?

blueballs
12-31-2006, 01:52 PM
perfect time to send the team a message
pull the underachiever

doomy3
12-31-2006, 01:54 PM
He just hasn't been anywhere near the same since the injury.

Hate to see a guy like Trent struggle like this after an injury.

redbrian
12-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Trent is still playing hard and will be back next year with Croyle as his backup.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Trent is still playing hard and will be back next year with Croyle as his backup.

Nobody questions his heart or whether he plays hard. He clearly does. I wish the defense had half his heart.

He just makes too many mistakes.....simple as that.

redbrian
12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Nobody questions his heart or whether he plays hard. He clearly does. I wish the defense had half his heart.

He just makes too many mistakes.....simple as that.

I don't agree, I think he is the best tutor Croyle can have next year.
Revamp the line next year add a WR and the O is back.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't agree, I think he is the best tutor Croyle can have next year.
Revamp the line next year add a WR and the O is back.

Then your just delaying the inevitable. The best thing to do is play the kid and get him some experience while upgrading the line as well.

Take your lumps with the kid or whoever else we might bring in here, but eventually it will pay dividends in the long run.

But to just arbitrarily name Green the starter next year is dumb. This team needs a shakeup and some serious QB competition.

Short Leash Hootie
12-31-2006, 02:18 PM
should I say I told you so?

redbrian
12-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Then your just delaying the inevitable. The best thing to do is play the kid and get him some experience while upgrading the line as well.

Take your lumps with the kid or whoever else we might bring in here, but eventually it will pay dividends in the long run.

But to just arbitrarily name Green the starter next year is dumb. This team needs a shakeup and some serious QB competition.

To panic and throw Trent out is dumb, next year will be a rebuilding year.

Trent gives you the best option of allowing the kid one more year to get up to speed with year 3 his year to play.

milkman
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM

I disagree.
Sitting Rivers for an extra year paid off, and I think that Croyle would benefit more from another year of seasoning on the bench than he would form playing, and likely getting hammered.

I don't care if it's Green or Huard starting next year, we ain't going anywhere anyway.

Green just isn't the same since the noodle got stirred.

grandllama
12-31-2006, 03:19 PM
no shit...wish Herm wasn't a ****in retard and could see the same thing and leave Huard in. I mean holy shit...Huard drives us down the field and scores points, Green turns the ball over. Not that difficult a decision..

As difficult as it is for me, I have to agree with this quote. It's not like that nacho eating POS that I never cared for and was all about 'Me' 'Me' Me'.... Trent has given his heart and soul to this team....

However, it is time to hand over the reigns... Fire Solari, bring Trent back as the OC and resign Huard or let the Kid play next year.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2006, 03:30 PM
As difficult as it is for me, I have to agree with this quote. It's not like that nacho eating POS that I never cared for and was all about 'Me' 'Me' Me'.... Trent has given his heart and soul to this team....

However, it is time to hand over the reigns... Fire Solari, bring Trent back as the OC and resign Huard or let the Kid play next year.

What? This team lost one more game than last year after losing a Hall Of Fame left tackle, constant re-shuffling of the O-line during the year due to injuries, it's starting QB in the very first game, but the Chiefs should fire the OC? That's just plain ignorant and stupid.

Why would Trent Green want to be an OC? First off, he's already said IN PRINT that he would never want to coach in the NFL. Too time consuming. Plus, the guy has made over $30 million in the past 7 year as QB - why would he want to make $500k as coach?

Solari is just fine as OC.

I don't agree, I think he is the best tutor Croyle can have next year. Revamp the line next year add a WR and the O is back.

This is much easier said than done. The Chiefs DID revamp the O-line this year but due to several injuries, the pass protection was there as it's been in the past. Sampson and Svitek are both on injured reserve, Welbourned didn't join the team until late in the season and Jordan Black has been moved around all year? You're suggesting they blow it up again for next year? I thoroughly disagree.

58-4ever
12-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Keep feeding Gore.

milkman
12-31-2006, 03:38 PM
This is much easier said than done. The Chiefs DID revamp the O-line this year but due to several injuries, the pass protection was there as it's been in the past. Sampson and Svitek are both on injured reserve, Welbourned didn't join the team until late in the season and Jordan Black has been moved around all year? You're suggesting they blow it up again for next year? I thoroughly disagree.

Sampson is injury prone and and a swinging gate.
Wellbourn has been inconsistent, at best.
And Svitek is an untested project.

Add the fact that Weigman doesn't fit in the power running scheme, and that Shields is likely to retire, it's abundantly clear that this O-Line needs a rebuild.

KcMizzou
12-31-2006, 03:47 PM
I guess I've joined the "Green isn't as effective in this system" camp.

I love the guy, and apreciate all he's done since he's been here. But, the offense has changed and he's clearly struggling with it.

Or... maybe he's just had too damn many blows to the head this season.

SNR
12-31-2006, 03:48 PM
should I say I told you so?Sure, but just be sure you post it in someone else's thread. Because if you remember, you can't start threads of your own.

But you probably knew that already

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2006, 03:50 PM
Sampson is injury prone and and a swinging gate.
Wellbourn has been inconsistent, at best.
And Svitek is an untested project.

Add the fact that Weigman doesn't fit in the power running scheme, and that Shields is likely to retire, it's abundantly clear that this O-Line needs a rebuild.

Right, but he said Revamp the line next year add a WR and the O is back, to which replied Easier said than done.

I don't think the "O" went away. While I agree that the offensive line needs 1-3 round talent instead of 6th, 7th and undrafted free agents, I think that the offense has again been good enough for the Chiefs to win most of their games. The problem this year again (for the 7th straight year) has been the inconsistent play of the defense.

Again, Mike Solari's job should not be in jeopardy, whatsoever. As a comparison, Al Saunders was much less sucessful with quite a bit more talent in Washington.

redbrian
12-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Right, but he said Revamp the line next year add a WR and the O is back, to which replied Easier said than done.

I don't think the "O" went away. While I agree that the offensive line needs 1-3 round talent instead of 6th, 7th and undrafted free agents, I think that the offense has again been good enough for the Chiefs to win most of their games. The problem this year again (for the 7th straight year) has been the inconsistent play of the defense.

Again, Mike Solari's job should not be in jeopardy, whatsoever. As a comparison, Al Saunders was much less sucessful with quite a bit more talent in Washington.

I think the problem is interpretation of terms, when I say revamp, Iím talking filling in a couple of holes on the line and adding at least one quality wide receiver (one who can stretch the field) to the mix.

I do think that is possible to achieve that next year.