PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the memories Trent!

Halfcan
12-31-2006, 01:50 PM
You were a true Warrior with a heart of a lion. The best QB we have had since Montana and Lenny the Cool.

But its time to go.

Silock
12-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Agreed.

doomy3
12-31-2006, 01:56 PM
leave you old bastard. stop sucking so much

classy

88TG88
12-31-2006, 02:00 PM
classy
he has done nothing but extend our magnificent stretch of mediocrity. get the hell out of here trent

doomy3
12-31-2006, 02:05 PM
he has done nothing but extend our magnificent stretch of mediocrity. get the hell out of here trent

Right. Trent is all to blame for the last few seasons. He is the reason we have been mediocre. Has absolutely nothing to do with our Defense. Last I checked, #1 offense in the NFL exceeds mediocrity, and Trent was THE driving force behind that.

I agree, he looks bad since his injury, but to say that he has done nothing but extend our mediocrity is rididiculously assinine.

Halfcan
12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
The team seems to have a huge lift when Huard comes in.

BigRock
12-31-2006, 02:28 PM
If Trent's last big play is scrambling to get a 1st down to put the game away, in a season where he was seriously injured scrambling, in a game where he was injured and had to get his ankle taped after a scramble, that would say just about everything.

milkman
12-31-2006, 02:38 PM
The team seems to have a huge lift when Huard comes in.

Is itreally a lift?

Trent hasn't looked the same since coming back, but the fact is, receivers have dropped balls that hit them right in their freakin' hands from Trent, while making some amazing freakin' catches for Huard.

That speaks to concentration.

They get lazy when Trent's in.

Someone needs to chew their asses.

ChiefFripp
12-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Trent is the man, but he's not getting any younger...

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 02:50 PM
If Trent's last big play is scrambling to get a 1st down to put the game away, in a season where he was seriously injured scrambling, in a game where he was injured and had to get his ankle taped after a scramble, that would say just about everything.

I mentioned it in the other thread...but its not about his heart or courage. Its about his talent (or lack thereof)

Dude has always thrown INT's, but now everything is magified even more since the offense isnt as good. He just puts his team in position to lose by his stupid mistakes.

I love the guy and love what he did for this team, but his time has come and gone. Its time for some fresh blood.

Its a business desicion plain and simple.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Trent is gone, TrINT has returned, so TrINT must go

Iowanian
12-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Trent Green has been a great Chief, but he's really not looked good at all this year...preseason, early in week 1 nor since his return.

I've accepted at this point that I don't think he's the answer.

Unfortunately, this win, and being * * close to backing into the playoffs is going to probably delay what needs to be done in KC.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Trent Green has been a great Chief, but he's really not looked good at all this year...preseason, early in week 1 nor since his return.

I've accepted at this point that I don't think he's the answer.

Unfortunately, this win, and being * * close to backing into the playoffs is going to probably delay what needs to be done in KC.

Exactly.....i think he can still play some and win a few games......but hes not "the answer" by any means.

So whats the point?? The Chiefs are just delaying the inevitable by not replacing him.

redbrian
12-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Here are your options (as I see it), for next year.

1) Start Green have Croyle backup
2) Try and resign Huard, try and trade Green and have Croyle backup
3) Have Croyle start and find a backup
4) Find a new quarter back and have Croyle backup

Option 1 is the best in my opinion, I can not think of anyone better to tutor Croyle

Option 2, donít see Huard signing for a 1 year contract, and I donít see him as the long term solution, nor do I see Trent going to another team in a trade.

Option 3, bad really bad idea

Option 4, again if you think that Croyle is the quarter back heir than this will not work out.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 03:03 PM
some guy on 810 just said Trent was one of the top 10 QB's of all time...HAHAHAHAH

milkman
12-31-2006, 03:07 PM
some guy on 810 just said Trent was one of the top 10 QB's of all time...HAHAHAHAH

In Chiefs history, yeah.

In the NFL?

That right there is a real stupid muther****er.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
In Chiefs history, yeah.

In the NFL?

That right there is a real stupid muther****er.

He said NFL history, because Jack Harry and the other guy asked him twice....

hahah....

Sure-Oz
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Trent hasn't looked the same, i still think he starts next year. But probably his last year for sure. I wonder if that hit really effed with him. Even his accuracy has gone to shit. Huard did look good on his 2 throws, 1 a helluva a catch by EK. Def. played a shitty game today.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 03:13 PM
I wonder if that hit really effed with him.

Almost certainly it did some. How could it not??

grandllama
12-31-2006, 03:24 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank You Trent.

(...and I don't mean this negatively, but now is the time to go and join Mr. Deberg and Mr. Krieg who gave their heart's and soul's, as you did, to this organization only to have Mr. Peterson shit down their throats and call it candy.)

Short Leash Hootie
12-31-2006, 03:26 PM
It was probably someone from ChiefsPlanet if I had to guess...

Rausch
12-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Exactly.....i think he can still play some and win a few games......but hes not "the answer" by any means.

So whats the point?? The Chiefs are just delaying the inevitable by not replacing him.

Resign Huard for next year and let Croyle grow before throwing him in.

Huard is much better at protecting the ball and managing a possession/clock management offense.

Halfcan
12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
So was that Greens last game as a Chief??

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Resign Huard for next year and let Croyle grow before throwing him in.

Huard is much better at protecting the ball and managing a possession/clock management offense.

Thats an option that the Chiefs will have to take a looong hard look at in the offseason.

I dont think Huard is "the answer" either, but as you mentioned he might be a better QB for the type of offense Herm would prefer to run.

If we are not going to score as many points and have as many possessions on offense, then it requires the QB to play mistake free and not give up the turnovers.

redbrian
12-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Thats an option that the Chiefs will have to take a looong hard look at in the offseason.

I dont think Huard is "the answer" either, but as you mentioned he might be a better QB for the type of offense Herm would prefer to run.

If we are not going to score as many points and have as many possessions on offense, then it requires the QB to play mistake free and not give up the turnovers.

I don't see Huard signing for a one year deal. How long would you push off bringing up Croyle?

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't see Huard signing for a one year deal. How long would you push off bringing up Croyle?

It might not even be an option. Huard is going to get some serious offers this offseason around the league. He might as well strike while the iron is hot.

redbrian
12-31-2006, 03:44 PM
It might not even be an option. Huard is going to get some serious offers this offseason around the league. He might as well strike while the iron is hot.

I think you can bank on it.

Rausch
12-31-2006, 03:47 PM

I wouldn't start him next year.

Plus Huard, even with his performance this year, would be a TON cheaper than Trent...

Halfcan
12-31-2006, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't start him next year.

Plus Huard, even with his performance this year, would be a TON cheaper than Trent...

What is Greens salary next year-and if we cut him-what kind of hit would we take?

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Have fun in Miami!!!

boogblaster
02-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Green is was and will be class where ever he goes..he's just out-lived his talent and I hate to say that .....

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:35 PM
The offense was just so much better with Damon in there. But we will never know how far we could have gone in the Playoffs if Green stayed on the bench??

I thought he should have retired.

chief52
02-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Trent Green is a class act and the best KC QB since Lenny. No way you could put Montana with him. Montana made a nice cameo appearance...Trent gave the Chiefs a lot more than that.

Trent Green, second only to Lenny in KC QB performance.

Short Leash Hootie
03-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Trent is one of my favorite Chiefs of all time. It's a shame his final year had to be the way it was. Hopefully he keeps his home in KC and remains a part of the community.

Bowser
03-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Trent is one of my favorite Chiefs of all time. It's a shame his final year had to be the way it was. Hopefully he keeps his home in KC and remains a part of the community.

Hootie is in the bottle tonight.

FAX
03-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Um ...

Is Trent gone? Have I missed something?

FAX

SPchief
03-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Um ...

FAX

Not yet, but the writing is on the wall.

acesn8s
03-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Not yet, but the writing is on the wall.Sorry. I didn't think anyone would read what I wrote while peeing.:shake:

RedThat
03-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Um ...

FAX

For real, people are talking about it like it already happened....lol

acesn8s
03-01-2007, 02:21 AM
For real, people are talking about it like it already happened....lolWelcome to ChiefsPlanet where the future is told on a daily basis with no regard of accuracy. And debated as if already happened. And the past never existed.

FAX
03-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Anyone who wants Trent Green to leave this team is cousin to a Giant Toad. By marriage, but related anyhow.

By the way, anyone have a good picture of a Giant Toad? It might be a good idea to have some photos handy for use in identifying the enemy. Like post office most wanted posters, you know?

FAX

philfree
03-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Anyone who wants Trent Green to leave this team is cousin to a Giant Toad. By marriage, but related anyhow.

By the way, anyone have a good picture of a Giant Toad? It might be a good idea to have some photos handy for use in identifying the enemy. Like post office most wanted posters, you know?

FAX

The way Trent finished the season was disapointing but I would love to see him get a chance to turn it around. With the concussion and his age I can see the merits of a trade but he's my favorite player because he's been such a a warrior for the Chiefs. Up until the concussion he was only 2nd in the league to God(P.Manning) for a four year span. I'll be sad if he goes but such is the nature of the NFL.

PhilFree:arrow:
~a desert dawg hanging out in AZ playing golf with his oldman~

plbrdude
03-01-2007, 05:50 AM

might as well start adding to that list if you feel that way about trent.
gonzo, shields, weigman, kennison, johnson, well you get the picture.

greg63
03-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Trent had an off season last year; this due to several factors and I'm not totally convinced it was due to waning talent.

greg63
03-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Is itreally a lift?

Trent hasn't looked the same since coming back, but the fact is, receivers have dropped balls that hit them right in their freakin' hands from Trent, while making some amazing freakin' catches for Huard.

That speaks to concentration.

They get lazy when Trent's in.

Someone needs to chew their asses.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

siberian khatru
03-01-2007, 06:18 AM
Iím leaving to search for something new,
Leaving everything
I ever knew.
A hundred years in the sunshine
Hasnít
taught me all there is to know.

In the valley, we
will gather there,
Helpless in our surrender.
Tomorrow
the plow becomes the sword -
Make us stronger in our
danger.

Time will pass away,
Time will guard our
secret.
Iíll return again
To fight another day.

Iíd have to be a warrior -
A slave I couldnít be
-
A soldier and a conqueror,
Fighting to be free.

Warrior5
03-01-2007, 06:45 AM

FAX

Don't understand the Toad thing, but here's your pic.

http://www.corriebusinessgroup.com/PetDepot/HS/images/gianttoad.jpg

plbrdude
03-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Don't understand the Toad thing, but here's your pic.

http://www.corriebusinessgroup.com/PetDepot/HS/images/gianttoad.jpg

that toad must have come from up by cooper.

Chief Nute
03-01-2007, 07:03 AM
Trent still has the talent and smarts to be a good NFL quarterback. As much as it pains me, and it took me a long time to admit it, but it unfortunately isnt with this team. Our team has obviously changed......and Trent didnt change with it.

Trent is still one of my favorite players no matter where he goes, and I just hope he lands with a contender and if the Chiefs cant win a title, I sure hope Trent does.

Halfcan
03-01-2007, 08:51 AM
We spent a high pick on Brodie-its time to give him a chance.

They can trade Damon too. Yes we need a Vet for backup-but there will be plenty of scrubs we can pick up after camp ends.

Brodie can get it done.

Halfcan
03-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Trent still has the talent and smarts to be a good NFL quarterback. As much as it pains me, and it took me a long time to admit it, but it unfortunately isnt with this team. Our team has obviously changed......and Trent didnt change with it.

Trent is still one of my favorite players no matter where he goes, and I just hope he lands with a contender and if the Chiefs cant win a title, I sure hope Trent does.

Yep he is my favorite too. It was tough watching him throw passes in the ground, all the picks and fumbles. He seemed like a tackling dummy back there with no scramble ability. Sad really.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 10:47 AM
That is a hell of a toad.

the Talking Can
03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Trent is my favorite Chief since DT.

Pure heart....carried the worst defenses in the history of the league and never complained. We won't have a QB as good as him for awhile.

But we have to rebuild, and we can't do it with him.

Knob
03-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I think the Chiefs should honor him with a bronze statue in front of arrowhead, you know like in Rocky. ROFL

Fish
03-02-2007, 12:22 AM
I still think Trent would do fine with an above average OL.... unfortunately we can't give him that anymore...

Halfcan
03-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Gonna miss ya Green-Have fun in Miami or Detroit.

Halfcan
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Lets hope Detroit fugs up and gives us their 1st rounder.

Halfcan
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Calvin Johnson would look good in a Chiefs uniform!

Zebedee DuBois
03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
That is a hell of a toad.

I concur. It IS a hell of a toad.

chiefbowe82
03-24-2007, 12:40 PM
:)