PDA

View Full Version : Best Wildcard Matchup available we got.

Logical
12-31-2006, 07:23 PM
If I read it right we get Indy. If LJ can rush for 175 we should be able to win.

I am actaully jazzed. It would also be sweet revenge.:clap:

grandllama
12-31-2006, 07:27 PM
The great and powerful Log has spoken ;)

This is the best possible matchup we could have. LJ vs. that abortion the Colts call a run defense.

We won't get to the SB, but it will be fun to payback these f*cks...

blueballs
12-31-2006, 07:27 PM
the injury report for both teams
been to exxcited to check or know where

Redcoats58
12-31-2006, 07:29 PM
I know Ty Law has struggled this year but it sure would be sweet for him to have a big game against Indy like he has in the Pats superbowl runs.

blueballs
12-31-2006, 07:31 PM
LJ and Bennett
tear them a new one

Reaper16
12-31-2006, 07:31 PM
LJ is going to slaughter Indy. Manning is going to slaughter our secondary unless we manage to have a solid gameplan for once that includes pressuring the QB. Great matchup.

Sure-Oz
12-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Manning likley will have all day to throw.....i expect LJ to shred that run D. This is a good matchup for us.

the Talking Can
12-31-2006, 07:38 PM
of the options, Indy is the best, no doubt....and they've lost their TE Dalls and their #3 WR....but still, our pass D will be exposed....

great subplots:

Gun v. Manning
Law v. Manning

LJ to prove himself great?
Trent to redeem himself?

blueballs
12-31-2006, 07:40 PM
I wanted Trent pulled today
in hindsight that would have been
a major headache this week

MahiMike
12-31-2006, 07:47 PM
This is definitely the best matchup for the Chiefs. Do the carries LJ gets count in the record book? Id so, he might hit 500 carries...

dirk digler
12-31-2006, 07:51 PM
I agree it is the best matchup but our D is just as bad as before. If a QB named Gray and Derek Anderson can torch our D I can't imagine what Peyton will do to us

scott free
12-31-2006, 07:55 PM
LJ is gonna go OFF on these guys if the line can reasonably duplicate tonights performance. That alone gives us a GREAT shot.

If the D can get real & consistent pressure on manning we WILL win.

I wanna BRUTALIZE these undersized defenders with power.

Then dig DEEP into the D playbook for blitzes of each & EVERY kind, manning will heartlessly gut a soft, basic 2.

I cant believe how cool this is......

grandllamajr
12-31-2006, 07:58 PM
I think our D will hold up just fine against Indy

greg63
12-31-2006, 08:01 PM
If I read it right we get Indy. If LJ can rush for 175 we should be able to win.

I am actaully jazzed. It would also be sweet revenge.:clap:

Yep!!!

88TG88
12-31-2006, 08:02 PM
LJ is gonna go OFF on these guys if the line can reasonably duplicate tonights performance. That alone gives us a GREAT shot.

If the D can get real & consistent pressure on manning we WILL win.

I wanna BRUTALIZE these undersized defenders with power.

Then dig DEEP into the D playbook for blitzes of each & EVERY kind, manning will heartlessly gut a soft, basic 2.

I cant believe how cool this is......
im with u man. i am really pumped for sunday. especially the thought that JAX and the texans beat the colts.

KcMizzou
12-31-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll be damned. You know it's a good day indeed when Logical is jazzed.

:toast:

KcMizzou
12-31-2006, 08:03 PM
im with u man. i am really pumped for sunday. especially the thought that JAX and the texans beat the colts.I believe it's Saturday 3:30 Central

keg in kc
12-31-2006, 08:05 PM
I think I'd rather face Indy than New England, as well. Indy looks pretty mortal right now; they've the same record as us over the last 8. The question is which KC team will show up, and I don't just mean on defense. The game could be a blowout for either team.

Keep it close early, find a way to keep Green from turning it over 35 times, and hand the ball to LJ 25+ times, and we have a real good shot. If Green has another bad game, though, we're going to be out of it by halftime.

Secondary really needs to be at their best. No tripping, no getting out of position. And this is one week I think that the gameplan is key. We're not going to stop that offense playing base defenses. We have to hit Manning and we have to disguise our coverages one way or another, although he's seen just about everything. It can be done.

I think we're going to pull it off.

dirk digler
12-31-2006, 08:11 PM
This game is all on Gunther. This is why we hired the turd. He better make Peyton punt.

milkman
12-31-2006, 08:19 PM
This is definitely the best matchup for the Chiefs. Do the carries LJ gets count in the record book? Id so, he might hit 500 carries...

Regular season and post season records are separate.

SCTrojan
12-31-2006, 08:30 PM
It's going to be a huge challenge to limit Manning and that offense enough for us to eke out a win, especially at their place.

But of all the matchups, I like our chances best with Indy.

With huge doses of LJ and taking a few chances down the field, we might be able to pull it off.

Let's Go Chiefs!!!!!!

Count Zarth
12-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Every pass Green throws should be a play action pass!

Hydrae
12-31-2006, 08:42 PM
This game is all on Gunther. This is why we hired the turd. He better make Peyton punt.

Exactly. I have been supportive of Gun all along but doubts have crept in at times this year. This game will decide me on my opinion of Gun and what he has and hasn't done the last couple of years.

Now that we are in the playoffs I have only one goal for this team...WIN THE LAMAR HUNT TROPHY!!!

tiptap
12-31-2006, 08:57 PM
OK it will be a track meet game. Indoors in Indy. How many dome games did we have this year? St. Louis and that is it? We won't have Dunn. That changes the running game some. I am optimistic too but stopping Manning and his offense will be a task.

Chan93lx50
12-31-2006, 09:07 PM
If I remember correctly I heard some commentary about Belicheck making comments about Huard and his fabulous ability to mimic Manning. He could be a valuable tool this week for preparation

RJ
12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree it is the best matchup but our D is just as bad as before. If a QB named Gray and Derek Anderson can torch our D I can't imagine what Peyton will do to us

He can only hurt us when he has the ball. We should dominate the TOP.

glennst
12-31-2006, 09:13 PM
This might be a tougher game than you think. Remember, Indy is undefeated at home this season.

They are very, very good at home!

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2006, 09:22 PM
We won't get to the SB

my instincts are complying with this statement, but the homerside wants them to go all the way. It's an unconditional response to disagree though I know better. :D

patteeu
12-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Welcome aboard the bandwagon, Logical. I didn't think you wanted a ride, but I'm glad to see I'm wrong. :thumb:

PastorMikH
12-31-2006, 09:42 PM
I do like the matchup of us and Indy. We aren't as potent on O as we used to be, but we are stronger on D. No way they play all day without punting this time.

Now, will our D be able to stop Indy or just slow them down?

mlyonsd
12-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Welcome aboard the bandwagon, Logical. I didn't think you wanted a ride, but I'm glad to see I'm wrong. :thumb:

I admit I was with him on this one. I can't believe we made it.

Chief Roundup
12-31-2006, 09:59 PM
of the options, Indy is the best, no doubt....and they've lost their TE Dalls and their #3 WR....but still, our pass D will be exposed....

great subplots:

Gun v. Manning
Law v. Manning

LJ to prove himself great?
Trent to redeem himself?

Agreed with one exception Dallas Clark did play today. Lets hope that DJ can also come up big.

Chief Roundup
12-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah it is good to see the positive side.

GROB
01-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Both teams matchup equally bad and great against each other. Colts O is an advantage against KC D and KC run game is a huge advantage against colts run D. KC cannot fall behind early I think the first team to score then get a stop on D wins. The only thing for certain is to bet the over even if it is 65pts.

KcMizzou
01-01-2007, 08:21 PM
The Colts are gonna be amped to stop the run. (I dont think they can, but they'll sure as hell be trying)

I'd like to see another flea-flicker. :D