PDA

View Full Version : Huard or Green??

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 08:03 PM
You know i had to do it! You make the call. Who do you start at Indy if your the coach??

and if Green plays bad the 1st half, do you expect to see Huard in the 2nd half??

TinyEvel
12-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Two words: Flea flicker.

blueballs
either can hand off to LJ and Bennett

KurtCobain
HUARD DAMNIT! PLEASE GOD PLEASE!

and if he throws 3+ INTs Green can come out.

DomerNKC
12-31-2006, 08:06 PM
DAMON HUARD. but sac-less herm will go with trInt.

Silock
Huard, please.

Green will get the start, though.

Skip Towne
I knew this was coming. It's just not coming from the direction I expected.

88TG88
huard.

JBucc
I think Green realizes this is his last chance to do anything in the playoffs so I think he will be up and ready for this game. However if he struggles put in Huard and don't look back, and I don't mean just for this year, I mean if you take out Green and put in Huard that's it for Trent in KC.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-31-2006, 08:07 PM
DAMON HUARD without a doubt in my mind

TrINT has been playing terrible lately, just terrible

OldTownChief
12-31-2006, 08:07 PM
As much as I love Trent, he did everything he could do to lose today and we won in spite of it. I vote to start Huard.

Sure-Oz
12-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Huard only comes in off of desperation for a chance to win....that is the only reason he comes in. Trent will likely play the whole game. If trent gets benched in a PO game i think his career here is over.

Brock
12-31-2006, 08:12 PM
For chrissake, already?

Easy 6
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I think Green realizes this is his last chance to do anything in the playoffs so I think he will be up and ready for this game. However if he struggles put in Huard and don't look back, and I don't mean just for this year, I mean if you take out Green and put in Huard that's it for Trent in KC.

Agreed.

Trent starts, with a quick hook waiting on the sideline.

I tend to think he will rise to challenge & play great.

keg in kc
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey look, it's the next Denise.

ChiefaRoo
12-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Shut up you guys and enjoy the moment and the fact that the donks aren't going to the playoffs.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Shut up you guys and enjoy the moment and the fact that the donks aren't going to the playoffs.

Oh im just having a little fun. I about damn neared cried when i got home an hour or so ago and found out the Donkos lost. Un freakin believable.

My feelings are this: Let Green start, ( he deserves too after 6 years of loyal service) But his leash is extremely short. If i were Herm id tell him straight up as well.

keg in kc
12-31-2006, 08:24 PM
enjoy ... the fact that the donks aren't going to the playoffs.You know, that can't be emphasized enough.

Merry Christmas and Happy f*cking New Year, cheating donkey chumps.

OldTownChief
12-31-2006, 08:26 PM

Very good point.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Huard, Huard, Huard! I'm not thinking that the Chiefs will lose with Green next week but I do think the Chiefs will go further in the playoffs with Huard.

My only hope is that if Green struggles in the first half (or first quarter), Herm PLAYS THE GAME TO WIN and puts in Huard.

I certainly don't want to see a "flashback" of 1998's Divisional Round game at Arrowhead, when a struggling Grbac SHOULD have been replaced by Gannon. Please, no!

milkman
12-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Printers.

Run the option all day long.

;)

Count Zarth
12-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Green will raise his level of play next week. I'm sure of it. He knows he has to do better. I think the boos today probably hit home.

Besides, it's the Colts. It's a good thing Freeney ain't himself, because we'd need big Willie.

SNR
12-31-2006, 08:32 PM
I WANNA SEE CROYLE!

LET THE KID PLAY!

PastorMikH
12-31-2006, 09:15 PM
I think I'd take the approach of MLB. Start Green. If he struggles, put Huard in as relief QB.

Skip Towne
12-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Shut up, n00b.

Skip Towne
12-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh im just having a little fun. I about damn neared cried when i got home an hour or so ago and found out the Donkos lost. Un freakin believable.

My feelings are this: Let Green start, ( he deserves too after 6 years of loyal service) But his leash is extremely short. If i were Herm id tell him straight up as well.
We don't disagree very often but we do on this. Nobody "deserves" to start due to loyalty. Not in professional sports. It's the Wally Pipp rule.

Crashride
12-31-2006, 09:36 PM
WOW where the hell is hootie on this post...and where the hell were all these huard fans when hootie was standing up for him

milkman
12-31-2006, 09:41 PM
WOW where the hell is hootie on this post...and where the hell were all these huard fans when hootie was standing up for him

Some of these people aren't Huard fans.

They are people that have come to the realization that Green isn't the same QB post concussion as he was pre concussion.

His passes have been off the mark, and his decisions have been costly.

Hootie wasn't right that Huard was a better QB for this simplified system.

But he was right that Huard should have continued to start, but for the wrong reasons.

PastorMikH
12-31-2006, 09:45 PM
They are people that have come to the realization that Green isn't the same QB post concussion as he was pre concussion.

Actually, I don't think the concussion doesn't have as much to do with Trent's struggling as the loss of Roaf does and the pressure he's getting.

Trent struggled in the first game too. No protection and Trent struggles. Before Roaf got here we called him TrINT.

milkman
12-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Actually, I don't think the concussion doesn't have as much to do with Trent's struggling as the loss of Roaf does and the pressure he's getting.

Trent struggled in the first game too. No protection and Trent struggles. Before Roaf got here we called him TrINT.

The O-Line wasn't as bad then as it was at the start of this season.

Trent was throwing picks because his receivers were even worse in '01 than they are now.

The pick today on the pass intended for Kennison was as much on Kennison, because he was late on his break.

That was clearly a timing route, and Eddie was slow on that break.

greg63
12-31-2006, 09:50 PM

Agreed!:clap:

PastorMikH
12-31-2006, 09:53 PM
The O-Line wasn't as bad then as it was at the start of this season.

Trent was throwing picks because his receivers were even worse in '01 than they are now.

The pick today on the pass intended for Kennison was as much on Kennison, because he was late on his break.

That was clearly a timing route, and Eddie was slow on that break.

One of the things I noticed in one of the replay angles of that play (Camera right over Green's shoulder) is that Kennison was running from right to left, Green led him to the left over an OL locked up with a DT. You couldn't see where Trent was throwing to because of the blocker/DT.

stevieray
12-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Trent Green.

milkman
12-31-2006, 09:59 PM
One of the things I noticed in one of the replay angles of that play (Camera right over Green's shoulder) is that Kennison was running from right to left, Green led him to the left over an OL locked up with a DT. You couldn't see where Trent was throwing to because of the blocker/DT.

Yeah, I saw that, but that angle still wasn't the same as Trent's.

Eddie was, at least in my opinion, lazy on that route.

And I've mentioned this elsewhere, but our receivers seem to lose focus when Trent's in.

They run lazy routes and drop balls that hit them in the hands when Trent's in.

They make incredible catches, unlike any we've seen from them prior to this season, when Huard is in.

That, to me, speaks to the confidence they have in Trent, but they need to have that same focus, regardless of who lines up behind center.

PastorMikH
12-31-2006, 10:01 PM

And I've mentioned this elsewhere, but our receivers seem to lose focus when Trent's in.

They make incredible catches, unlike any we've seen from them prior to this season, when Huard is in.

That, to me, speaks to the confidence they have in Trent, but they need to have that same focus, regardless of who lines up behind center.

Interesting observation. I really think you could have something with that. Just like with Dante today on that 3rd down drop. He had the ball right in the bread basket and missed it.

BIG K
12-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Start L.J. at Q.B. Why waste 3 seconds handing the ball off to him? The incredible Dee Brown can take his place at rb..

Davechief
12-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Trent Green!

nomad
12-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Huard should..... Green will...... afterall didn't Herm just give Trent the team for next year?

I don't thing Carl/Herm are all that keen on what Huard winning a playoff game would do to the off-season plans.

luv
12-31-2006, 10:28 PM
You should have heard the crowd cheer whenever Huard went in today.

Sure-Oz
12-31-2006, 10:31 PM
They are professionals, if they cant play hard and be focused every down, then sit the bench, bitches

BIG K
12-31-2006, 11:24 PM

How many times did he go in today?

luv
12-31-2006, 11:27 PM
How many times did he go in today?
Once.

Toad
12-31-2006, 11:30 PM

But he was right that Huard should have continued to start, but for the wrong reasons.

I agree with your first 3 thoughts. But, please explain the last 2. I'm not saying I disagree, but what would the "right" reasons be that Huard should have continued to start (other than the obvious winning record)?

patteeu
12-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Huard, Huard, Huard! I'm not thinking that the Chiefs will lose with Green next week but I do think the Chiefs will go further in the playoffs with Huard.

My only hope is that if Green struggles in the first half (or first quarter), Herm PLAYS THE GAME TO WIN and puts in Huard.

I certainly don't want to see a "flashback" of 1998's Divisional Round game at Arrowhead, when a struggling Grbac SHOULD have been replaced by Gannon. Please, no!

Green/Huard is not a Grbac/Gannon situation.

patteeu
12-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Green will raise his level of play next week. I'm sure of it. He knows he has to do better. I think the boos today probably hit home.

Yes he will.

milkman
12-31-2006, 11:37 PM
I agree with your first 3 thoughts. But, please explain the last 2. I'm not saying I disagree, but what would the "right" reasons be that Huard should have continued to start (other than the obvious winning record)?

The right reason is that Green wasn't the same QB after he came back.

Hootie's argument was that Green, at his level of normalcy, couldn't play at the same level as Huard in the simplified system, that he culdn't adjust to it.

The coaching staff didn't stick to that simplified system when Green came back, but had they done so, there isn't any reason that Green couldn't have adjusted to it.

The fact is, they should have stuck to that plan.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 12:02 AM
I was at the game today. This was the first time we saw both QBs on the same field in the same game in 4 months. There is no comparison. Huard is clearly the better leader of this offense in every way.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 12:05 AM
I was at the game today. This was the first time we saw both QBs on the same field in the same game in 4 months. There is no comparison. Huard is clearly the better leader of this offense in every way.

Hopefully Herm saw it too and will have a very quick hook for Green if things go bad. I mean, how could he not in a do or die situation??

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Huard had what 4 plays today??? How is that a legit comparison?! Trent didn't play good either but damn 2 pass att vs 21 pass att isnt comparable.

HemiEd
01-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Trent, and here is why.

1) He hit his screen pass timing today, his worst problem since coming back.

2) He was better than his receivers today.

**note** Carl please make a note to sign Damon Huard up long term.

BIG K
01-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Hopefully Herm saw it too and will have a very quick hook for Green if things go bad. I mean, how could he not in a do or die situation??

After reading your post, I can only think of the 97' playoffs......

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Huard had what 4 plays today??? How is that a legit comparison?! Trent didn't play good either but damn 2 pass att vs 21 pass att isnt comparable.

You dare to question Johnny's superior football knowledge?!?!?

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 12:14 AM

You had to be there. This is a completely different team with Damon Huard at the helm. Its not about how many plays (will you fault Huard for scoring too quickly?) but how the team responded when their 1st team QB (Green) went down. Look, this is emotionally painful for all of us that love and respect Trent Green, a class act, but Damon Huard gives this team the best chance to advance in the post season, damn the torpedoes (wow, I'm using a lot of Navy lingo for a Soldier). Huard is just better today, better now, better with the current scheme/roster.

Toad
01-01-2007, 12:15 AM

Hootie's argument was that Green, at his level of normalcy, couldn't play at the same level as Huard in the simplified system, that he culdn't adjust to it.

The coaching staff didn't stick to that simplified system when Green came back, but had they done so, there isn't any reason that Green couldn't have adjusted to it.

Interesting. So, are you saying that you feel the staff did NOT "dummy down" the system for Green despite so many others saying that they (Solari) were too predictable (i.e. run, run, pass, punt)?

Count Zarth
01-01-2007, 12:16 AM
1) He hit his screen pass timing today, his worst problem since coming back.

That is a very good point. I thought he was pretty accurate today overall.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 12:18 AM

Puh-leeze. Like Huard can't hit a 7-yard route?

Count Zarth
01-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Puh-leeze. Like Huard can't hit a 7-yard route?

What are you talking about? Did you see the flea flicker pass? That was gorgeous.

PastorMikH
I'm tickled to death with the way the O went when Huard went in. I also saw Eddie make an incredible adjustment and juggling catch on the sidelines on a ball that wasn't right on the money. I saw a ball bounce off the turf halfway between Huard and the reciever inside the 10.

I'm happy with Huard, but I wouldn't say he's the second coming of Joe Montana like some would suggest.

If Green is on and in rythym, there's no way Huard can compete. It's when Green gets pressured and gets frustrated that Huard becomes the better QB.

Deberg_1990
After reading your post, I can only think of the 97' playoffs......

Actually, thats revisionist history. Grbac didnt really play all that bad a game.

Gannon should have started perhaps, but Grbac wasnt horrible.

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Interesting. So, are you saying that you feel the staff did NOT "dummy down" the system for Green despite so many others saying that they (Solari) were too predictable (i.e. run, run, pass, punt)?

Playcalling is not scheme.

The offense, in the passing game, went back to more timing routes and 7 step drops when Green came back.

With Huard, it was more play action, quick drop, get rid of the ball attack.

With Huard, they asked him to make one, maybe two quick reads and release.

They opened the playbook and allowed Green to continue to make his full progressions.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 12:22 AM
What are you talking about? Did you see the flea flicker pass? That was gorgeous.
That was the best pass thrown all year, could'nt have been done any better.

HemiEd
01-01-2007, 12:23 AM

His screens sold me today, it has been horrible up until now. He hit two beautiful ones in a row towards the end of the first half.

I think most of the negative downfield plays were receiver errors, but the game is pretty fast for me live. (or on tv)

How about that Kris Wilson play eh!

PastorMikH

Here's another thing I noticed today - your statement triggered my memory on the thought.

One thing Al used to do was call plays to set up another play - for example a draw play on 2nd and short to set up a play-action deep on third and short. Solari seems to just be calling plays, wait and see if they work, then calling the next with no real plan for the next play prior to the end of the first.

KCJohnny
Actually, thats revisionist history. Grbac didnt really play all that bad a game.

Gannon should have started perhaps, but Grbac wasnt horrible.Grbac was 24-37 for 260 yards and had a TD pulled off the scoreboard. We had 51 rushing yards that day. Elway was 10-19 for 140 yds. You blame Grbac???

Count Zarth
If Green is on and in rythym, there's no way Huard can compete. It's when Green gets pressured and gets frustrated that Huard becomes the better QB.

Huard just gets rid of the ball faster. Green's biggest weakness has always been his penchant for holding the ball. Sometimes it leads to bigger plays, sometimes it's a really bad habit. That deep ball to Kennison is a good example. There wasn't anyone open on that so Huard just said "**** it" and slung it deep into single coverage. Kennison made an amazing catch and made him look good.

Deberg_1990
It's when Green gets pressured and gets frustrated that Huard becomes the better QB.

Huard does a hell of a job with pressure in his face and hangin in there knowing hes about to take a good lick. (Always the mark of a great QB)

On that throw to Kennison today, the defender was right up in his face when he released the ball.

Count Zarth
01-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Grbac was 24-37 for 260 yards and had a TD pulled off the scoreboard. We had 51 rushing yards that day. Elway was 10-19 for 140 yds. You blame Grbac???

I watched that game the other day for the first time since watching it live. Grbac had a fantastic game. We lost our left tackle early in the game and pass protection was horrid. So was playcalling....we were killing them on play action passes but Hackett was being a dumbass.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Huard just gets rid of the ball faster. Green's biggest weakness has always been his penchant for holding the ball. Sometimes it leads to bigger plays, sometimes it's a really bad habit. That deep ball to Kennison is a good example. There wasn't anyone open on that so Huard just said "**** it" and slung it deep into single coverage. Kennison made an amazing catch and made him look good.

Nice quote in your sig line. +

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:28 AM

I still go back to Trent's performance against the Chiefs when he subbed in for Warner in '99(?).

He got the ball out quickly.

The receivers here are nowhere near the level of talent that those Rams receivers are/were.

The problem isn't simply Green holds onto the ball too long.
The problem is that our receivers take too long on their routes and in getting separation.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I still go back to Trent's performance against the Chiefs when he subbed in for Warner in '99(?).

The receivers here are nowhere near the level of talent that those Rams receivers are/were.

The problem is that our receivers take too long on their routes and in getting separation.
They also seem to drop catchable balls.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Grbac was 24-37 for 260 yards and had a TD pulled off the scoreboard. We had 51 rushing yards that day. Elway was 10-19 for 140 yds. You blame Grbac???

No, not at all. Ive never blamed Grbac for that loss like some have.

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:32 AM
They also seem to drop catchable balls.

I've made that same observation in this thread.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Well, the gameplan is obviously let LJ tear up the Colts' 2003 Chiefs-esque run D.

So it comes down to which QB can manage the game better? At this point, I think the answer has to be Huard.

BIG K
01-01-2007, 12:34 AM

Gannon should have started perhaps, but Grbac wasnt horrible.

I did not say GrBac was horrible. The Chief's were scoring at will on offense and defense with Gannon at the helm. I don't care for Gannon but, had he been the starter, I really feel the outcome would have been different. As soon as I read that the Chief's would start GrBac over Gannon in 97', I felt the Chief's would lose.....And they did. Would the Chief's have won with Gannon? Not sure. But I liked their chances with Gan.

HemiEd
01-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I've made that same observation in this thread.

In the first quarter today, Samie Parker could not find the handle on a ball that had six of them sticking out. He should have taken that one to the house, instead we punt.

tk13
01-01-2007, 12:40 AM
This is gonna be the fun topic of the week. Really, it should not matter this week because Larry Johnson needs to touch the football 40 times. Putting this game on Green or Huard's arm would be a huge mistake.

But, Trent has to cut down on the mistakes, I don't know if a couple of those hits rattled him or what. Really at the end of the day he had the best pass by far, that flea flicker pass was amazing. The magic's still in there somewhere. And Huard was kinda bailed out by the greatest catch of Kennison's career, but Huard seems to get those breaks, I have no idea why.

MadMax
01-01-2007, 12:40 AM
If you guys are saying Huard might be a better option at this point, i'm all for it...But if any of you have delusions of him being a good or great quarterback that didnt get a shot, you are full of shit!!Just watch the offers he gets this off season there won't be many...

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 12:42 AM
This is gonna be the fun topic of the week. Really, it should not matter this week because Larry Johnson needs to touch the football 40 times. Putting this game on Green or Huard's arm would be a huge mistake.

But, Trent has to cut down on the mistakes, I don't know if a couple of those hits rattled him or what. Really at the end of the day he had the best pass by far, that flea flicker pass was amazing. The magic's still in there somewhere. And Huard was kinda bailed out by the greatest catch of Kennison's career, but Huard seems to get those breaks, I have no idea why.

Maybe he's the better QB now?

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 12:42 AM
If you guys are saying Huard might be a better option at this point, i'm all for it...But if any of you have delusions of him being a good or great quarterback that didnt get a shot, you are full of shit!!Just watch the offers he gets this off season there won't be many...

Oh, YOU watch.

Count Zarth
01-01-2007, 12:43 AM
I did not say GrBac was horrible. The Chief's were scoring at will on offense and defense with Gannon at the helm. I don't care for Gannon but, had he been the starter, I really feel the outcome would have been different. As soon as I read that the Chief's would start GrBac over Gannon in 97', I felt the Chief's would lose.....And they did. Would the Chief's have won with Gannon? Not sure. But I liked their chances with Gan.

The Chiefs didn't score at will against Denver that year. Their defense and special teams had an enormous role in that first 97 home game. I think Gannon had 92 yards passing or something.

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:44 AM
In the first quarter today, Samie Parker could not find the handle on a ball that had six of them sticking out. He should have taken that one to the house, instead we punt.

Dante Hall dropped a third down pass just beyond the first down marker today, as well.

It's been a problem since Trent came back, and it has been a problem over the last 5 years.

When Huard was playing while Green was out with the concussion, we all were talking about the receivers making catches consistently.

These guys stepped up when Trent went down.

I guess they decided they could relax when Trent came back.

Hog Rider
I don't think which quarterback we use will be the key. What defense we show up with will. If we get carved up like a Thanksgiving bird, it won't matter who our QB is.

Sure-Oz
Dante Hall dropped a third down pass just beyond the first down marker today, as well.

It's been a problem since Trent came back, and it has been a problem over the last 5 years.

When Huard was playing while Green was out with the concussion, we all were talking about the receivers making catches consistently.

Definetly the main problem, makes me wonder sometimes...

Toad
01-01-2007, 12:48 AM

The offense, in the passing game, went back to more timing routes and 7 step drops when Green came back.

They opened the playbook and allowed Green to continue to make his full progressions.

How do you playcall without a scheme? How do you have a scheme without playcalling?

I don't know if anyone can tell us definitively the relative number of 7 step drops Green has had versus Huard, but if you say that you believe Green has had more then I believe you.

All I'm saying is that it's hard for me to think that they've opened anything up when I can sit on my couch and predict a majority of our offensive plays...

BIG K
01-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I don't think which quarterback we use will be the key. What defense we show up with will. If we get carved up like a Thanksgiving bird, it won't matter who our QB is.

Well put! I think the Chief's can do some major damage with the running game. It come's down to if the Chief's D can slow down their offense. Not probable in my humble opinion....

Toad
01-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Here's another thing I noticed today - your statement triggered my memory on the thought.

One thing Al used to do was call plays to set up another play - for example a draw play on 2nd and short to set up a play-action deep on third and short. Solari seems to just be calling plays, wait and see if they work, then calling the next with no real plan for the next play prior to the end of the first.

Yes, thanks. Exactly what I was thinking as well.

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:54 AM
How do you playcall without a scheme? How do you have a scheme without playcalling?

I don't know if anyone can tell us definitively the relative number of 7 step drops Green has had versus Huard, but if you say that you believe Green has had more then I believe you.

All I'm saying is that it's hard for me to think that they've opened anything up when I can sit on my couch and predict a majority of our offensive plays...

Are you honestly confused what the difference is between a scheme and a playcall?

Do honestly believe that I'm saying that they make playcalls without a scheme?

Toad
01-01-2007, 12:58 AM

True, we will need much better from the entire defense, but we will also need Trent to make some throws for us to win.

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Watching the last couple of games, I'm not sure that Green just doesn't need to relax. He's almost like the proverbial guy trying too hard to prove that he's back and okay. Every mistake leads to him trying even harder, which leads to another mistake, in a vicious circle.

EPodolak
01-01-2007, 01:01 AM

I liked the fact that LJ actually managed to catch a screen thrown to him today - how many times have we seen that potentially big play bomb because he dropped balls from both Green AND Huard?

Toad
01-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Are you honestly confused what the difference is between a scheme and a playcall?

Do honestly believe that I'm saying that they make playcalls without a scheme?

Of course not. I was trying to point out that playcalling and scheme are directly related in response to your comment "Playcalling is not scheme".

Frazod
01-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Green isn't Grbac. This is his team.

However, we should keep him a on short leash.

milkman
01-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Of course not. I was trying to point out that playcalling and scheme are directly related in response to your comment "Playcalling is not scheme".

Of course they are.

But a playcall is one single play out of vast number of plays to select from within the scheme.

Al Saunders said his (the Chiefs) playbook (his scheme) contains thousands of plays.

So you are simply being dense in an effort to make a nonsensical point.

Boyceofsummer
01-01-2007, 01:37 AM
?????????????????????

I have always thought that this Vermiel offense ignored Gonzales to an extent. I still believe Green tends to ignore Gonzales. Huard does not ignore Gonzales. At this point both QB's can shine and or lay a turd. Sometimes a sideline perspective can enhance a players on-field vision.

RedThat
01-01-2007, 02:10 AM
For this offense, I like Huard. And yup, I noticed this team gets more of lift when Huard comes in. Why? Because Trent is not as passionate, fiery, and intense, or a leader like Huard is.

Green just isn't the same, he makes too many mistakes. And he chokes under pressure. His main problems are he holds onto the ball too long, and some of his throws are off target.

*If Green plays a mistake free football game, we woulda smoked Jacksonville easily.

MadMax
01-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Oh, YOU watch.
Iwill Johnny lol I will

MadMax
01-01-2007, 02:37 AM
For this offense, I like Huard. And yup, I noticed this team gets more of lift when Huard comes in. Why? Because Trent is not as passionate, fiery, and intense, or a leader like Huard is.

Green just isn't the same, he makes too many mistakes. And he chokes under pressure. His main problems are he holds onto the ball too long, and some of his throws are off target.

*If Green plays a mistake free football game, we woulda smoked Jacksonville easily.

I agree! But Huard is NOT the answer.....

Spott
01-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Huard

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Green, he still gives us the best shot at winning.

MadMax
01-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Huard

Hey I'm so happy we made the playoffs...i hope we win and make some noise...Green is done,Huard is a career backup...If the Chiefs win (and I have faith) it will be a miracle...God bless you Larry Johnson!!!! hUEARD WILL GET 0 SERIOUS OFFERS THIS OFFSEASON!!!!! I know this makes me unpopular, but I reallyy feel Huard is not good.... :p

KurtCobain
01-01-2007, 03:31 AM

I was so happy. My buddy isn't a huge football fan, but he got upset when Green got hurt and I said, "No, this is good. We could/might win now."

I was pissed when Green kept trying to get back in. #11 just looks more like he belongs on this team than #10 does.

PastorMikH
01-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Maybe if this thread is seen on the front page it will cut down on the number of other threads started with the same topic.

milkman
01-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Maybe if this thread is seen on the front page it will cut down on the number of other threads started with the same topic.

Good luck with that.

ct
01-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Trent Green, for 4 qtrs + OT, if necessary.

Chief Nute
01-01-2007, 09:57 AM

BINGO! I like EK, but he isnt the young speedy WR that can run 10 yard outs and get separation that we are going to need in this offense

Molitoth
01-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Start Green, the minute he blows ass, put in Huard.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:27 AM

In my honest opinion, Green's slip in performance has NOTHING to do with the concussion, and everything to do with the fact he has two shitty offensive tackles.

Look at how well he faired last year against Buffalo, or for that matter, everytime Roaf was out of the lineup.

At least last year he had an in-shape Welbourn playing with the roids on his side...

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 11:30 AM
In my honest opinion, Green's slip in performance has NOTHING to do with the concussion, and everything to do with the fact he has two shitty offensive tackles.

OK, but knowing that, dont you think he should be able to get rid of the ball quicker?? Huard doesnt seem to have as much of a problem with that, and to be honest, Huard has a slow ass release.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:31 AM

This doesn't make sense, Milkman...

You cannot tell me our coaching staff is SO DENSE that they switch to a TOTALLY different offense when Green is in the game. That's simply not true.

Green isn't capable of running the Huardified offense, he just isn't...

I wish I could put the exact reason on it, or the right words, but it's almost as if Huard's inability to make those amazing Trent Green reads plays right into our offense...he either knows where he's throwing the ball before he even snaps it, throws it high to Tony G, or dumps it off to LJ...

Instead of the 'timing' routes that Green throws that result in INT's, Damon just gets the ball to his playmakers...

I honestly think we could beat any team in the AFC if Huard QB'd our team. I really do.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
You need to give it up dude...

Huard is that fiery guy that everyone rallies around...he's our BEST chance to make a run.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 11:33 AM

You cannot tell me our coaching staff is SO DENSE that they switch to a TOTALLY different offense when Green is in the game. That's simply not true.

I wish I could put the exact reason on it, or the right words, but it's almost as if Huard's inability to make those amazing Trent Green reads plays right into our offense...he either knows where he's throwing the ball before he even snaps it, throws it high to Tony G, or dumps it off to LJ...

Instead of the 'timing' routes that Green throws that result in INT's, Damon just gets the ball to his playmakers...

I honestly think we could beat any team in the AFC if Huard QB'd our team. I really do.

I honestly dont agree with your very last statement...but everything else you said was 100% correct. Huard isnt more talented than Green, hes just a better fit for this team at this stage.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:33 AM

You CANNOT tell me our coaching staff is that dense. You're just wrong in this case...

And in all honesty, Huard didn't use a lot of play-action passes when he was in the game. He really didn't...if anything, the worst part of his game is the play-action game...he's too rough around the edges to make it look as smooth as Green.

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Look at how well he faired last year against Buffalo, or for that matter, everytime Roaf was out of the lineup.

At least last year he had an in-shape Welbourn playing with the roids on his side...

I don't disagree that the breakdown in protection has affected Greens' performance.
But some of his bad decisions have come at times when he hasn't faced pressure, which I believe is the direct result of his concussion.

But our primary point of contention is that you believe, if the Chiefs had dumbed down the offense for a healthy Green, that he wouldn't be able to adjust, thus making Huard more suited for this team at this point in time.

I disagree with that claim.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:40 AM
OK, but knowing that, dont you think he should be able to get rid of the ball quicker?? Huard doesnt seem to have as much of a problem with that, and to be honest, Huard has a slow ass release.
You're absolutely right...but it's just not in Green's QB makeup to throw the ball until something develops...Huard would just friggin' throw it, and most of the time just throw it high so only his receivers (mainly Gonzalez) could make a play...

Green wants to make the right read and the smart throw, which isn't a knock on him, it just results in a lot of drive killing sacks, fumbles, whatever...

The only thing about Huard was the fact every one of those batted balls he throws has the chance of being a pick 6...

I mean, I can be a realist here...Huard should have more than 1 INT...but come on, before that Miami game (with a terrible gameplan I might mention - throwing the ball 39 times??) our offense was rolling and we were rolling against some GREAT teams, including San Diego.

Green is such a classy dude, a great guy, so it would be tough to bench him...REALLY tough, and Herm is a players coach...so what kind of message would it send?

The easy thing for Herm is to stick with Green, for his sake...

But the RIGHT thing for the team and the fans is going with Huard, because he's our best/only chance IMHO.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't disagree that the breakdown in protection has affected Greens' performance.
But some of his bad decisions have come at times when he hasn't faced pressure, which I believe is the direct result of his concussion.

But our primary point of contention is that you believe, if the Chiefs had dumbed down the offense for a healthy Green, that he wouldn't be able to adjust, thus making Huard more suited for this team at this point in time.

I disagree with that claim.
I think Solari calls the exact same game when Green is in the game, and when Huard is in the game...

How the play happens or develops after it is called is all on the QB...

I just will refuse to believe that our coaching staff is incompetent to the point of going away from something that was working...

If Green could run the offense the way Huard did, he would be doing it, because none of us can question Huard's efficiency.

HemiEd
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Very good observation Milkman. Here is hoping the Playoff opportunity will get these receivers to get their heads on straight.

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:44 AM

I do believe that our coaching staff is that dense.

I also know that Huard is taking the snap, making a 3 step drop, and making one or two quick reads and getting the ball.

Green is taking 7 step drops nad scanning the field, and getting killed in the process.

You can't tell me that isn't a product of design.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:47 AM
I do believe that our coaching staff is that dense.

I also know that Huard is taking the snap, making a 3 step drop, and making one or two quick reads and getting the ball.

Green is taking 7 step drops nad scanning the field, and getting killed in the process.

You can't tell me that isn't a product of design.
I can tell you that...

Huard KNOWS he's going to get crushed if he drops back 7 steps...Green SHOULD know, but he refuses to adjust, and I don't understand it...

It's almost as if Green is incapable of doing a three-step drop...I don't understand it, I really don't...

I just don't think our coaching staff would really want to set up Green for failure, because that's exactly what they're doing if they are calling these quick three-step drops for Huard and then calling plays that have no chance of working for Green...

And another thing that bothers me the most is, 3rd and 4...call a ****ing draw play...

Drives me insane.

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I can tell you that...

Huard KNOWS he's going to get crushed if he drops back 7 steps...Green SHOULD know, but he refuses to adjust, and I don't understand it...

It's almost as if Green is incapable of doing a three-step drop...I don't understand it, I really don't...

I just don't think our coaching staff would really want to set up Green for failure, because that's exactly what they're doing if they are calling these quick three-step drops for Huard and then calling plays that have no chance of working for Green...

And another thing that bothers me the most is, 3rd and 4...call a ****ing draw play...

Drives me insane.

I once again think back to Green's effort against the Chiefs when he subbed in for the Rams in '99(?).

He used numerous 3 step drops and got the ball out quickly against Gun's blitzing defense.

It was clearly an adjustment made by Martz after Warner got hurt in the first half.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Green is such a classy dude, a great guy, so it would be tough to bench him...REALLY tough, and Herm is a players coach...so what kind of message would it send?

The easy thing for Herm is to stick with Green, for his sake...

Oh i agree....Green should be the starter. He has earned that right. This team has waaaay more holes and question marks than just at QB anyways, so the game wont hinge on just how good or bad the QB plays.

I just dont want Green arbitrarily named the starter next season without any sort of legitimate competition.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I once again think back to Green's effort against the Chiefs when he subbed in for the Rams in '99(?).

He used numerous 3 step drops and got the ball out quickly against Gun's blitzing defense.

It was clearly an adjustment made by Martz after Warner got hurt in the first half.
well then what the hell is going on?

It's to the point that, if we are 3rd and 8 or further...let's just run the ball and punt it...because I'm tired of seeing Green on his back every other snap.

Huard drives us to a score in 4 plays...

I mean...

What else does the guy have to do to prove he should be the QB? Herm NEEDS to make the switch, or at least give him half the reps in practice this week...

We can't afford another 3 turnover day from Green.

WilliamTheIrish
01-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I do believe that our coaching staff is that dense.....

I absolutely agree.

I'd also like to point out to all the folks in this thread, that in Herm's post game show, he was asked these questions:

Paraphrase:

Q) Had Huard not gotten dinged up, would he have remained in the game?

Herm: "NO".

Q) Why?

Herm) "Because I'm the coach"

It's this philosophy of stubbornness and arrogance that has killed this organization's best chances in the playoffs before. While this isn't our best chance, it's our latest chance and I hope Herm can prove me wrong.

Let's beat the living shiot out of the Colts.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 11:58 AM
You know what...

If we beat the Colts and lose the next round, I hate to say this, but I might be TOTALLY content with this season.

**** the Colts for 2003, and 1995 for that matter...

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:58 AM
well then what the hell is going on?

It's to the point that, if we are 3rd and 8 or further...let's just run the ball and punt it...because I'm tired of seeing Green on his back every other snap.

Huard drives us to a score in 4 plays...

I mean...

What else does the guy have to do to prove he should be the QB? Herm NEEDS to make the switch, or at least give him half the reps in practice this week...

We can't afford another 3 turnover day from Green.

Again, I do believe our staff is that dense.

In retrospect, I agree, the switch back to Green should never made.
Not because Green is too stupid to adjust, but because the staff is too stupid to stick with what had been working, and Green isn't fully Green, at least not yet.

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:02 PM
I absolutely agree.

I'd also like to point out to all the folks in this thread, that in Herm's post game show, he was asked these questions:

Paraphrase:

Q) Why?

It's this philosophy of stubbornness and arrogance that has killed this organization's best chances in the playoffs before. While this isn't our best chance, it's our latest chance and I hope Herm can prove me wrong.

Yep, proof of the density of the braintrust on the sidelines and in the booth.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Yep, proof of the density of the braintrust on the sidelines and in the booth.

I hope not so dense that on Saturday, if the game is in jeopardy and Green has another 3 turnover day, he refuses to put in Huard??

I guess we will know soon..........

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I hope not so dense that on Saturday, if the game is in jeopardy and Green has another 3 turnover day, he refuses to put in Huard??

I guess we will know soon..........

How long did it take Marty to pull Bono?

Marty, while not my favorite coach, is smarter than Hermie, IMO.

boogblaster
01-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Green has earned the right to start..if trouble starts Huard should have a shot..also both QBs should take snaps this week in practice..the game-day coaching needs to step-up also..if that happens we have just as good of a chance as anybody else..its 1 game elimation.....

CupidStunt
01-01-2007, 12:40 PM
We have NO chance with Green.

None.

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:45 PM
We have NO chance with Green.

None.

Against that Colts D, yes we do.

CupidStunt
01-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Not with our swiss-cheese OL and TrINT.

We'll run, but we won't be able to pass.

And of course they're going to drop 35 on us.

Only chance we have is with Huard, who can actually complete a pass without the obligatory INT.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 01:28 PM
If Green doesn't turn over the ball, and LJ runs up and down the field we win

crazycoffey
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
OK, my two cents worth. I love that huard came in and saved our season. WE ALL Thought the season ended after the first game.

Green hasn't looked the same, makes me nervous too,

BUT

Green knows the offense better, He's been a starter longer, so he's seen the defenses from behind the O-line, more than Huard, He's been in a playoff game against Indy, and he has a better arm, even now. Green has a better leadership, albeit quiet leaderships qualities, he has that leadership quality that has the backing of more starters, than Huard. In my opinion, from seeing the eyes of the players around him. Samie jumping on the Jax d player that hit Green. It just seems the players are ready to go to war with him.

Eddie saved Huard on that one throw, it was off, but the flea ficker by Green was dead on, right where it needed to be.

All the variables added together, and Herm is correct to be backing Green, still. I believe it from the bottom of my heart.

crazycoffey
01-01-2007, 02:30 PM
You know what...

If we beat the Colts and lose the next round, I hate to say this, but I might be TOTALLY content with this season.

**** the Colts for 2003, and 1995 for that matter...

I can totally agree with this statement.

Although I'm waiting for you to do a virtual slap on me for my last post

KChiefsQT
01-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Green will be the starter, he will probably make a couple mistakes, but we can't let him throw the game away for us next weekend (like he almost did yesterday).

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Green will be the starter, he will probably make a couple mistakes, but we can't let him throw the game away for us next weekend (like he almost did yesterday).

Green has the heart of a lion-he was not trying to throw the game away.

InChiefsHell
01-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Trent needs to be told by Herm, "dude, we love you and you are starting, but the first time you throw a boneheaded pick or fumble the ball, your'e done. We can't afford any mistakes, and I trust that you won't make them, but if you do, make no mistake, I will pull you in a heartbeat." Trent's a big boy, he can take it. He knows better than anyone how much this game means. He owes it to Shields and Gonzo to put out his best effort, or step aside and let Huard do it. I don't know what the right call is. I'm hoping the Trent of old will show up on Saturday and we put up 35 on the Colts. Hell, if we can do that against the Jags, who actually have a defense, we should run roughshod all over the Colts.

Go with Green...until you shouldn't...

Brock
01-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Green's been playing in the NFL for nearly 2 decades. He doesn't need to be told anything.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 02:51 PM
OK, my two cents worth. I love that huard came in and saved our season. WE ALL Thought the season ended after the first game.

I actually didn't think it was over. I mean, my reasons being we had a bye in week 3...but whatever.

Green hasn't looked the same, makes me nervous too,

BUT

Green knows the offense better, He's been a starter longer, so he's seen the defenses from behind the O-line, more than Huard, He's been in a playoff game against Indy, and he has a better arm, even now. Green has a better leadership, albeit quiet leaderships qualities, he has that leadership quality that has the backing of more starters, than Huard. In my opinion, from seeing the eyes of the players around him. Samie jumping on the Jax d player that hit Green. It just seems the players are ready to go to war with him.

Uhm, come on...

Green has played like piss in every game other than 1, against Cleveland, since returning. Better arm? No. Huard has the better arm. Leadership skills? Don't think so...Huard is way more fiery than Green has ever been. I remember a specific instance where LJ dropped a sure-fire first down, maybe TD pass and Huard was pissed...PISSED OFF...and let him know about it. Huard has something about him that I've never seen in Green. Is Green a leader? Yes. But why do you assume he's a better leader than Huard? Just because he's been the starting QB for the last 6 years doesn't mean he's a natural born leader...we've won zero playoff games in his tenure.

Eddie saved Huard on that one throw, it was off, but the flea ficker by Green was dead on, right where it needed to be.

Off?! Jesus Christ...he stepped up into a pocket that was non-existant and delivered the ball to the ONLY place it could've been caught...was it a phenomenal catch?! Absolutely. But where else should Huard have put that ball? Jesus. And yes, that flea flicker was great...but the three turnovers and countless sacks were not. Green's sacks are drive killers. He gets sacked at pretty much a 3:1 ratio compared to Huard.

All the variables added together, and Herm is correct to be backing Green, still. I believe it from the bottom of my heart.

And I'm sorry, you're absolutely wrong. We beat San Diego with Huard, and Huard didn't get sacked one time. We have one chance to win a Super Bowl, and that is either Herm benching Green, or Green suffering a minor shoulder sprain in the first play against Indy that keeps him out for the remainder of the postseason.

tk13
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Being fiery does not = leadership. Joe Montana was one of the calmest QB's you could ever come across, and Ryan Leaf was a very angry, fiery personality. Who would you rather have leading your team?

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Trent needs to be told by Herm, "dude, we love you and you are starting, but the first time you throw a boneheaded pick or fumble the ball, your'e done. We can't afford any mistakes, and I trust that you won't make them, but if you do, make no mistake, I will pull you in a heartbeat." Trent's a big boy, he can take it. He knows better than anyone how much this game means. He owes it to Shields and Gonzo to put out his best effort, or step aside and let Huard do it. I don't know what the right call is. I'm hoping the Trent of old will show up on Saturday and we put up 35 on the Colts. Hell, if we can do that against the Jags, who actually have a defense, we should run roughshod all over the Colts.

Go with Green...until you shouldn't...
Yeah, tell him that so he is too damn cautious and careful where he doesn't play "His game". Not a bright idea....

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Being fiery does not = leadership. Joe Montana was one of the calmest QB's you could ever come across, and Ryan Leaf was a very angry, fiery personality. Who would you rather have leading your team?
Well those are two extremes right there...

All I'm saying is, this Trent Green leadership-card everyone pulls doesn't really mean anything to me, because I don't think it's true.

And if it is, it's not working...

It's just a lose-lose for Herm Edwards right now...

If he benches Green and we lose, he's an idiot.
If he sticks with Green and we lose, he's an idiot.

This just spells disaster for this board...

Best case scenario is we lose like 49-45 so we can blame it on our defense like usual.

OR WE WIN THE SUPER BOWL

sedated
01-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Green has played like absolute sh!t since coming back.

Green gets credit for Cleveland, but it was partially his fault we lost. we had the ball at the end of the game and first in OT, and couldn't get it done.

Huard has put up good numbers, and might not have stats like golden-boy Peyton, but gets it done.

Reminds me of Trent Dilfer in Baltimore, he just wins.

luv
01-01-2007, 03:19 PM
As much as I like Trent Green, I agree that he just hasn't played the same since coming back. He's had some throws that were dead on, but he's also had several sacks and interceptions. I just think it would be neat to watch Huard play against Manning. I can't really explain why. It would be exciting.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 03:24 PM
well if worst comes to worst, I hear Huard does a dead on Peyton Manning, so that can't hurt anything in preperations this week...

Boyceofsummer
01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I absolutely agree.

Paraphrase:

Q) Why?

This is a BAD attitude and arrogant. This is why I have become dis-intrested in the Chiefs this year (and late Shortanhammer).
:shrug:

DaWolf
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I still say Green is the better QB, but not this year anymore. He's just missing something and it hasn't come back since that layoff. Huard is better for us right now unless Green figures his crap out.

I think Herm is full of coachspeak. He's in a tough position because if Green struggles and he pulls him, it makes it tough to bring Green back next year. Still, I think he also has it in the back of his mind and he might make a switch if things are really bad. We'll see...

Boyceofsummer
01-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I still say Green is the better QB, but not this year anymore. He's just missing something and it hasn't come back since that layoff. Huard is better for us right now unless Green figures his crap out.

I think Herm is full of coachspeak. He's in a tough position because if Green struggles and he pulls him, it makes it tough to bring Green back next year. Still, I think he also has it in the back of his mind and he might make a switch if things are really bad. We'll see...

That could be too late and yet another window of opportunity slams shut.

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Huard is the better quarterback for this team, period. We live in the now. Who cares what TriInt did for the Chiefs in the past 5 seasons? He's playing poorly and if he continues to do so, he should be pulled before the season's officially over.

Who cares about next year? Green will be a declining, 37 year-old QB. This organization should be about winning THIS YEAR and not about "loyalty" to a player who's best days are obviously behind him.

I said it in the other thread: If Green struggles early on Saturday, I hope that Herm lives up to his mantra of "You Play to Win the Game" and replaces Green with Huard. Otherwise, it's sayonara.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not crazy anymore...

I'll take apologies from everyone now!

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not crazy anymore...

I'll take apologies from everyone now!
I could care less at this point....

But I still think you should petition for the fathead and get huard on the commercial now that roethlisberger sucks.

InChiefsHell
01-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, tell him that so he is too damn cautious and careful where he doesn't play "His game". Not a bright idea....

Please. Trent's "Game" is shit right now. If he goes into a shell because of some pressure that the head coach puts on him, then he probably should'nt be playing anyway...

BWillie
01-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Bottom line, Trent has been playing like shit this year. Huard hasn't. 5-3 with Huard, and Huard is simply playing well this year. I like Trent too, I think he's a class act and a great guy but sports aren't about letting the nicest guy start. Give the ball to Damon Huard, we won't, but we should. Trent got wacked to hard on the noggin, and he's 37. Time for a change, this year or next.

You have to face reality.

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2007, 08:22 AM
I prefer Huard.... based on how he has played this year vs. Green.
Green almost gave the Jax game away. He gave the Cleveland game away (he should have moved that offense in the OT). If Green could hit players hands like he does their feet, well, he would be better. I don't wish him any injury or harm, but a flu bug that keeps out of the game on Saturday????

Chiefs_Fan
01-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I vote Green. I say you can't change QB's the first game of the playoffs. But be ready with the hook if the turnovers start!

NewChief
01-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I hate to even get into this, but I'll weigh in:

Trent is back on track. He scrambled for a critical first down that basically sealed the game for us. He seemed to be back on track with the short game to LJ. The flea flicker was awesome. The main problems, admittedly big ones, were the turnovers. One of those we would have never been in the situation if stone hands Samie had caught a perfectly thrown 2nd down ball that could have gone for a TD. Not making excuses, Trent has to take care of the ball. I think he will from here on out.

Regardless, I think that the rust has come off. He's going to peak into the playoffs, and lead us to the superbowl. We're becoming a "complete" offense at just the right time. At least that's my Tuesday morning rose-colored glasses take.

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 09:41 AM

Yep. If Green struggles mightily in the playoff game, it will be hard to bring him back.

Green's main problem is that he isn't stepping into his throws. Part of that is the offensive line, and part of that is that we have played some good defenses, but a lot of it is skittishness on Green's part. Luckily, we play a team that has a shitty pass rush. I'm not worried about Green for this game. Now, if we pull it out, and go to San Diego...we're in trouble, but who really cares at this point...