PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Chiefs Should Worry Colts

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 01:16 AM
"1. Yeah, sure Kansas City is lucky to be in the playoffs, but the Chiefs are Indianapolis' worst nightmare -- and I'll tell you why in two words: Larry Johnson. If the Colts can't stop Ron Dayne from carving them up how are they going to stop Johnson?"

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9900864

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 01:22 AM
"12. So the Chargers' hierarchy has made it clear Marty Schottenheimer will be judged on what he does in the playoffs. Great. But did you ever consider this: His son, Brian, could cost him his job? Brian is the offensive coordinator for the New York Jets, and if they were to beat the Chargers -- as they did two years ago -- Dad can start updating his resume. He won't make it. "

Nothing would be sweeter than another postseason gem by martyocre's chokers.

Except, maybe, beating Indianapolis and then going to the eggo and knocking them out ourselves.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 01:27 AM
"12. So the Chargers' hierarchy has made it clear Marty Schottenheimer will be judged on what he does in the playoffs. Great. But did you ever consider this: His son, Brian, could cost him his job? Brian is the offensive coordinator for the New York Jets, and if they were to beat the Chargers -- as they did two years ago -- Dad can start updating his resume. He won't make it. "

Except, maybe, beating Indianapolis and then going to the eggo and knocking them out ourselves.

Talk about misplaced priorities.
:shake:

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure exactly what's misplaced about hoping a division rival gets knocked out of the playoffs.

It goes without saying I want us to win...

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2007, 01:34 AM
I see nothing wrong with those priorities, I'm hoping for the same thing. I know your a marty defender but get real the guy chokes EVERYTIME.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure exactly what's misplaced about hoping a division rival gets knocked out of the playoffs.

It goes without saying I was us to win...

oooookay...if you say so....

Nice job of changing the subject from the Colts being frightened by LJ to what may/may not happen in a completely different playoff bracket...

?

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 01:36 AM
You provided the link, I provided another quote.

Not sure what has your panties all in a bunch, Joannie.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Marty is going to choke at some point.

Let's hope it's against his former team!

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 01:39 AM
You provided the link, I provided another quote.

Not sure what has your panties all in a bunch, Joannie.

Quote away, Kyleene!

MadMax
01-01-2007, 01:42 AM
"1. Yeah, sure Kansas City is lucky to be in the playoffs, but the Chiefs are Indianapolis' worst nightmare -- and I'll tell you why in two words: Larry Johnson. If the Colts can't stop Ron Dayne from carving them up how are they going to stop Johnson?"

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9900864

I agree!!! How was the game today Johnny??? Hope ya had a good time :)

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 01:45 AM
I agree!!! How was the game today Johnny??? Hope ya had a good time :)

It was very, very emotional. Blocked kicks, INTs, Green hurt, Huard in and does terrific, LJ sets records, Gonzo about to set record, Arrowhead boos Green, Allen dominates, Chiefs get divine intervention to make the post season - *whew* that's a lot!

Frazod
01-01-2007, 01:49 AM
It was very, very emotional. Blocked kicks, INTs, Green hurt, Huard in and does terrific, LJ sets records, Gonzo about to set record, Arrowhead boos Green, Allen dominates, Chiefs get divine intervention to make the post season - *whew* that's a lot!

Wish I could have been there. What a great first game for you. :thumb:

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:56 AM
I dont think the Dolts are worried at all-they have Perfect Peeton and the Refs on their side.

It would be sweet to see both Mangina brothers choke in the Playoffs again.

Jenson71
01-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Sure, Indy does have a perfect season at home, but I think all teams are equal here. This is the playoffs. The Chiefs have to rightfully see themselves as one of the top teams in the AFC, just like Indy. I'm not worried a damn bit - just so unbelievably excited.

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Sure, Indy does have a perfect season at home, but I think all teams are equal here. This is the playoffs. The Chiefs have to rightfully see themselves as one of the top teams in the AFC, just like Indy. I'm not worried a damn bit - just so unbelievably excited.

We had two perfect seasons at home as well, revenge two times is sweeter than one.

RedDread
01-01-2007, 04:00 AM
The first words out of Sterling Sharpe's Mouth after the 49ers kicked that field goal were: "This is about the worst possible outcome for the Colts"

kcfanXIII
01-01-2007, 04:26 AM
you could understand sharpe? his voice makes me change the channel EVERYTIME.

seriously, can anyone see LJ rippin off 200 yards? cause i think he will. and there are still some players on this team that remember '03.

Discuss Thrower
01-01-2007, 04:28 AM
Teee-hee! KC @ NY, American Football Conference Title Game.

ChiefFan31
01-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Kinda funny out here. Its almost like people just expect the Chargers to make the Superbowl. They know nothing of having knockout regular seasons just to lose in the first round. (Marty)

The Pats are veteran and tough. Not too mention a very underrated front seven. If they can slow down LT, and force a playoff game on young Rivers shoulders, they just might be one and done.

I wouldn't mind seeing the shock on peoples faces around here. Plus, I just don't want to have to deal with all these instant fans anymore than I do.

KurtCobain
01-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Teee-hee! KC @ NY, American Football Conference Title Game.

We can only hope.

R&GHomer
01-01-2007, 08:09 AM
you could understand sharpe? his voice makes me change the channel EVERYTIME.

seriously, can anyone see LJ rippin off 200 yards? cause i think he will. and there are still some players on this team that remember '03.

03 yes, but 95 is the one I remember the most. Almost the same scenario in reverse. I would love to see the Chiefs whoop that azz in their house. Pay back is a biotch.

Over-Head
01-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Might as well cheer for the Quiefs, er...I mean Chiefs.
Go guy’s, at least make it to the second round of playoff will ya? :p

Skip Towne
01-01-2007, 08:17 AM

Hogwash. Marty can find another NFL head coaching job in five seconds. Half of the teams would hire him right now.

boogblaster
01-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Johnnie glad you got to see a great first game...how pay-back on them fricking fillies..we owe them a ass-kicking.....

Black96WS6
01-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Kinda funny out here. Its almost like people just expect the Chargers to make the Superbowl. They know nothing of having knockout regular seasons just to lose in the first round. (Marty)

Yeah it is funny, that's exactly what the last 10 teams in a row have said about the Chargers before losing to them.

Their only 2 losses have come by a COMBINED 6 points.

Gates: Leads all TE's in TDs and receiving.
Tomlinson: Leads all RBs in Rushing, all world in TDs.
Lorenzo Neal: ProBowl FullBack.
Rivers: 61% completion, 22 TDs/9 INTs, 90.5 QB rating.
Merriman: 17 sacks in only 12 games played.
Vincent Jackson: 6 TDs in only 7 games started, emerging star and deep threat.

So go ahead, keep underestimating them because of their coach. Because the reality is, the Chargers don't have many weaknesses.

Last meeting: SD 20, KC 9. No TDs for KC. LJ held to 84 YDS. LT ran for 199. And that was with SD playing a MASH unit with injured starters.

If you have to go to SD to play a fully healthy and rested team you are going to get smashed. No offense ;)

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Wish I could have been there. What a great first game for you. :thumb:

Thanks, Tim. It was like I experienced a whole season in one game. And the Arrowhead experience itself was awesome. Happy New Year!
KCJ

go bowe
01-01-2007, 12:35 PM
hey! welcome back (again)... :toast:

the arrowhead experience is simply amazing...

you sure picked a great game to start off...

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah it is funny, that's exactly what the last 10 teams in a row have said about the Chargers before losing to them.

So go ahead, keep underestimating them because of their coach. Because the reality is, the Chargers don't have many weaknesses.

Last meeting: SD 20, KC 9. No TDs for KC. LJ held to 84 YDS. LT ran for 199. And that was with SD playing a MASH unit with injured starters.

If you have to go to SD to play a fully healthy and rested team you are going to get smashed. No offenseYou're due a wakeup call. Maybe this is the year that martyocre finally gets the monkey off his back, but, like it or not, he has a long, long history of dominating in the regular season and losing early in the playoffs. I can even tell you how the game'll play out: it'll be close, you'll scream at the TV 3 or 4 times when he gets inexplicably conservative in the red zone and you kick field goals. You'll think "we should be killing this team" and then you'll feel like your heart's being ripped out when you watch them kick a field goal to beat you with no time on the clock. It's happened over and over and over, and, in fact, the last time it happened was two years ago. Need a refresher?Pennington leads winning drive after Chargers miss field goal (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250108024)

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The same New York Jets who backed into the playoffs were the latest team to usher Marty Schottenheimer into the offseason.

Doug Brien kicked a 28-yard field goal with 5 seconds left in overtime to get linebacker Eric Barton off the hook for a huge penalty and give the Jets a 20-17 upset over the Chargers in a wild-card game Saturday night.

The winning drive started on the New York 30 after Chargers rookie Nate Kaeding was wide right on a 40-yard field goal try with 4:19 left in overtime. It included an 18-yard pass from Pennington to Santana Moss that was upheld on review.

The Jets celebrated wildly while Schottenheimer walked across the field with a far-off look on his face.

"That has to be one of the most dramatic games I've been a part of," said New York's Curtis Martin, the NFL's regular-season rushing champion who was held to just 66 yards on 18 carries.

And just like that, Schottenheimer still can't win in the playoffs. Named the Coach of the Year earlier in the day, he suffered his fifth straight playoff loss dating to 1993 with the Kansas City Chiefs and fell to 5-12 in his career, which also included a stop in Cleveland.

Schottenheimer's teams have gone one-and-out eight times.

"I've been through this before; that's been well-documented," Schottenheimer said. "My disappointment, quite frankly, is with the players in that locker room and the community."Anything can happen; that's why they play the game. But my advice to you would be to go into the game hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Maybe this is the year. Maybe it's not.

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Hogwash. Marty can find another NFL head coaching job in five seconds. Half of the teams would hire him right now.I don't think that was the point. I think the author was saying he'll be fired if they go one-and-done again, not that he wouldn't be able to find another job. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Rausch
01-01-2007, 02:34 PM
The first words out of Sterling Sharpe's Mouth after the 49ers kicked that field goal were: "This is about the worst possible outcome for the Colts"

God I want to beat these douchebags. We owe them. Big.

Time to punk them at THEIR house...

Aries Walker
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I hope we beat the Colts. By three. In the snow. And I hope Vinatieri misses three field goals while we do it, just so they know what it feels like.

Not that I'm bitter.

Rausch
01-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I hope we beat the Colts. By three. In the snow. And I hope Vinatieri misses three field goals while we do it, just so they know what it feels like.

Not that I'm bitter.

I hope we don't have to punt all game.

milkman
01-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I hope we win.

How we do it is irrelevant.

Brock
01-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Hogwash. Marty can find another NFL head coaching job in five seconds. Half of the teams would hire him right now.

Are you saying he won't be fired with another one and out? Speaking of hogwash.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I hope we don't have to punt all game.

Wasn't there like one punt between the 2 teams in the 2003 divisional playoff game? I think we have an edge on D, but not by much. Here's my theory: the Chiefs D is very overrated. The defense they bring on the road is the 'real' defense; the D at home is enhanced by 78,000 yelling twelfth men. I think if we can hold Indy to 30 or less we have a chance. It would be a shame to rush for 200+ yards and lose. I don't even know if that is possible.

I like what Jo Po said today about Herm's luck. If he starts #10 at QB, he'll need it. Herm has GOT to be the HC with the most seasons qualifying for the post season with 9-7 teams...

Hopefully SOMEbody at One Arrowhead Drive is studying the film of the Jax 44-17 waxing of Indy.

patteeu
01-01-2007, 09:20 PM

I'm pretty close to being able to say that the Chiefs should be ready to hire him right now. I want to give Herm more than a year, but the Marty years are the best years we've had since the Stram superbowl years. I don't believe that Marty is incapable of winning in the playoffs.

patteeu
01-01-2007, 09:22 PM

If you have to go to SD to play a fully healthy and rested team you are going to get smashed. No offense ;)

I don't buy into the Marty curse, but the Chiefs have had pretty good luck dealing with your best playmaker (LT). I suspect that if you're honest with yourself, there are 2 or 3 other teams you'd rather face in these playoffs than the Chiefs.

BucEyedPea
01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm countin' on the Chiefs to beat the Dolts, because you can run the ball with LJ!

Win Chiefies win!

KCJohnny
I'm pretty close to being able to say that the Chiefs should be ready to hire him right now. I want to give Herm more than a year, but the Marty years are the best years we've had since the Stram superbowl years. I don't believe that Marty is incapable of winning in the playoffs.

Careful friend, you'll stir up the dogpilers with comments like that.

KChiefs1
The Pats are veteran and tough. Not too mention a very underrated front seven. If they can slow down LT, and force a playoff game on young Rivers shoulders, they just might be one and done.

The Pats? The Chiefs will be the ones knocking Marty of the playoffs again....Herm owns Marty in the playoffs!:)

Cave Johnson
01-01-2007, 09:33 PM

That would have to be one hell of a snowstorm!

milkman
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
That would have to be one hell of a snowstorm!

LMAO

That's a damn good observation!

MadMax
01-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Wasn't there like one punt between the 2 teams in the 2003 divisional playoff game? I think we have an edge on D, but not by much. Here's my theory: the Chiefs D is very overrated. The defense they bring on the road is the 'real' defense; the D at home is enhanced by 78,000 yelling twelfth men. I think if we can hold Indy to 30 or less we have a chance. It would be a shame to rush for 200+ yards and lose. I don't even know if that is possible.

I like what Jo Po said today about Herm's luck. If he starts #10 at QB, he'll need it. Herm has GOT to be the HC with the most seasons qualifying for the post season with 9-7 teams...

Hopefully SOMEbody at One Arrowhead Drive is studying the film of the Jax 44-17 waxing of Indy.

Amen!! and keep the faith,we deserve victory

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Amen!! and keep the faith,we deserve victory

Jax 44, Colts 17

MJD: 15 carries, 166 yds, 2 TDs
F. Taylor: 9 carries, 131 yds, 1 TD
A. Pearman: 13 carries, 71 yds 1 TD

We definitely have the horses to get that done.

MadMax
01-01-2007, 10:42 PM
God I want to beat these douchebags. We owe them. Big.

Time to punk them at THEIR house...

Damn! Im gettin fired up now...:) I don't care how we got there, we need to kick the shit outta them to amend the wrongs of the past..God knows Chiefs fans deserve this.And God bless you Lamar,if divine intervention is called for, so be it. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

J Diddy
01-01-2007, 10:45 PM

Not that I'm bitter.

I think the dome they play in will eliminate your snowy dreams.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I think the dome they play in will eliminate your snowy dreams.
Hard to argue with that!

Brock
01-01-2007, 10:52 PM
A lot of good things are going to have to happen for KC to have a chance at winning this game.

KCJohnny
01-01-2007, 11:42 PM
A lot of good things are going to have to happen for KC to have a chance at winning this game.

Yeah, like Trent Green getting injured (hopefully not badly) in the 1st quarter and Damon Huard being allowed to punish the Colts' needy _efense.

wazu
01-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, like Trent Green getting injured (hopefully not badly) in the 1st quarter and Damon Huard being allowed to punish the Colts' needy _efense.

It's too bad our coach doesn't have the balls to just start the right guy. Nobody was booing Trent on Sunday. We were booing Herm Edwards for benching Huard. It's a move that is obviously foolish. No way can anybody convince me that Green gives us a better chance to win. It's pure stubbornness and loyalty to an individual player rather than the good of the team.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 12:36 AM
It's too bad our coach doesn't have the balls to just start the right guy. Nobody was booing Trent on Sunday. We were booing Herm Edwards for benching Huard. It's a move that is obviously foolish. No way can anybody convince me that Green gives us a better chance to win. It's pure stubbornness and loyalty to an individual player rather than the good of the team.

I was there. The Chiefs are a completely different (and better) team when Damon is under center. Period.

Raiderhader
01-02-2007, 01:08 AM

Aside from a handful of games (against Green's starting experience), what in the name of God convinces you that Huard gives us the better chance?

Halfcan
01-02-2007, 01:18 AM

Wishing an injury on Trent-what a stoopid post. Trent has been the heart of this team. You should be ashamed of yourself.

KurtCobain
01-02-2007, 01:22 AM
I was there. The Chiefs are a completely different (and better) team when Damon is under center. Period.
I think we should start Trent, and when Larry sidelines himself after a big run, Huard should line up behind Green. We'd see some magical plays.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Aside from a handful of games (against Green's starting experience), what in the name of God convinces you that Huard gives us the better chance?

I was there in person, watching both QBs lead the same offense against the same opponent. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE.

Chiefs_Fan
01-02-2007, 10:04 AM
The chiefs are not lucky. They won when they were suppose to. They did not lose and get in. The other teams had to win and they didn't. The chiefs did not luck there way in. They won when they had to! That is the message I'm sending to the players. Next Question!

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
The chiefs are not lucky. They won when they were suppose to. They did not lose and get in. The other teams had to win and they didn't. The chiefs did not luck there way in. They won when they had to! That is the message I'm sending to the players. Next Question!

Amen, Chiefs fan - the quote in the thread topic is not mine, but an nfl.com sportswriter. I agree, by hook or by crook, the Chiefs earned their playoff berth.

Raiderhader
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I was there in person, watching both QBs lead the same offense against the same opponent. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE.

What difference? Sure, a TD was scored with Huard under center, but THREE where scored with Trent under center. Furthermore, you saw Huard in ONE series. Given more playing time he very well could have had a turnover or two his own self. Let us not forget that while he only threw one pick during the period he started (though he should have had 3 or 4 were it not for some dropped balls), he did have two or three very costly fumbles. Those of you swinging from Huard's nuts are living in a fantasy world the guy is perfect, and that just is not the case. We are in the playoffs now, you go with the guy who has the most experience, the guy who has the biggest heart (I'm not questioning Huard's by any means), and the guy who has been the unquestioned leader of the offense, if not the team, the past 5 years.

Denver tried switching to a guy with less experience and we see how that turned out for them - they are sitting at home after there less experienced QB gave us their playoff spot. Quit thinking emotionally and try using a little logic for God's sake.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
What difference? Sure, a TD was scored with Huard under center, but THREE where scored with Trent under center. Furthermore, you saw Huard in ONE series. Given more playing time he very well could have had a turnover or two his own self. Let us not forget that while he only threw one pick during the period he started (though he should have had 3 or 4 were it not for some dropped balls), he did have two or three very costly fumbles. Those of you swinging from Huard's nuts are living in a fantasy world the guy is perfect, and that just is not the case. We are in the playoffs now, you go with the guy who has the most experience, the guy who has the biggest heart (I'm not questioning Huard's by any means), and the guy who has been the unquestioned leader of the offense, if not the team, the past 5 years.

Denver tried switching to a guy with less experience and we see how that turned out for them - they are sitting at home after there less experienced QB gave us their playoff spot. Quit thinking emotionally and try using a little logic for God's sake.

Fine, that's your take, you are welcome to it. Huard's stat line (12 TDs, 1 INT, 100 QB Rating) and W/L record and ppg avg as QB are no fluke. Again, if you were at the game as I was, there is no comparison. This team clearly played better with DH under center. Does Trent Green deserve to lead this team based on his years in KC? Sure, as sentimental favorite. But most fans at the game were screaming for Huard, and the one series he came in showed why. He gives the Chiefs the best chance to advance in the playoffs. Huard was in for one series and threw for 30% of the team's total passing yards and half its passing TDs for the game.

Raiderhader
01-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Fine, that's your take, you are welcome to it. Huard's stat line (12 TDs, 1 INT, 100 QB Rating) and W/L record and ppg avg as QB are no fluke. Again, if you were at the game as I was, there is no comparison. This team clearly played better with DH under center. Does Trent Green deserve to lead this team based on his years in KC? Sure, as sentimental favorite. But most fans at the game were screaming for Huard, and the one series he came in showed why. He gives the Chiefs the best chance to advance in the playoffs. Huard was in for one series and threw for 30% of the team's total passing yards and half its passing TDs for the game.

Huard's stats may not be a fluke, but they don't tell the whole story. Look at the teams he played, with the exception of San Deigo and Miami, none had a defense to be scared of. He beat SD at home, but up against a tough Miami D on the road he looked pitiful and cost us our all world TE for a game. The interception stat I have already addressed, he is lucky to only have one because he threw a couple more that were dropped. As for his stats this past week, once again not looking at the big picture, he played ONE SERIES. How do you call a guy the the answer after only one series? You play a full game and your numbers are much more likely to look different.

His inexperience will only cost the team, not help. And anyone who thinks otherwise is an emotional tool.

Raiderhader
01-02-2007, 11:22 AM
My prediction is that Green is going to look as good as ever come Saturday. This is most likely his last chance to get a ring as a starter, he will dig deep and over come what ever issues lay before and him play brilliantly, including my predicting it (I tend to have a jinxing effect with my predictions, but I have that much faith in the man). It is a new season now, what happened in the regular season means jack shit. Green will show up and play like it's 2003. Bank on it.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 11:45 AM
The interception stat I have already addressed, he is lucky to only have one because he threw a couple more that were dropped.

Uhhh, do you really wanna go there with Trent Green?????

Raiderhader
01-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Uhhh, do you really wanna go there with Trent Green?????

Uhhh, I'm not going there with Green, I'm going there with Huard. We already know Trent's negatives, you Huard obsessors won't let anyone forget. But at the same time you forget yourselves (or intentionally fail to point out) that Huard suffers from some of the same negatives.

Baby Lee
01-02-2007, 11:54 AM

It goes without saying I want us to win...
Yeah, but your scenario for 'nothing sweeter' would involve us losing for the Jets to face/beat the Chargers. 'Except, maybe,' us beating the Colts and facing them ourselves.

htismaqe
01-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Huard's a CAREER BACKUP who's never started more than 8 games in a season. His numbers are good, but they're those of a backup playing well in spot duty. Until he can have a chance to be a REAL starter, yes, his numbers ARE a fluke.

htismaqe
01-02-2007, 01:13 PM
That being said, I think the best choice for the Chiefs right now is to start Huard. This is different than the Gannon/Grbac deal of 1997. Green isn't 26 and he really isn't our QBotF.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Huard's a CAREER BACKUP who's never started more than 8 games in a season. His numbers are good, but they're those of a backup playing well in spot duty. Until he can have a chance to be a REAL starter, yes, his numbers ARE a fluke.

Eight starts and a 5-3 record are 'spot duty'?

:hmmm:

htismaqe
01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Eight starts and a 5-3 record are 'spot duty'?

:hmmm:

That's half of a season.

And he's been in the league for 10 years.

Yep, that's the definition of spot duty.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
That's half of a season.

And he's been in the league for 10 years.

Yep, that's the definition of spot duty.

Like Rich Gannon? He'd been in the league for 10 years before leading the Chiefs to a 6-1 record and the playoffs. He also was MVP of the league AFTER he left the Chiefs, along with leading the Raiders to the Super Bowl.

Some people need to open their eyes and see who's playing better football: Trent Green or Damon Huard. REGARDLESS of the past.

Frazod
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Johnny's got a point, but he's missing the word "consecutive."

Eight consecutive starts in a single season is not spot duty. I don't care how much pine he rode before coming here. He's an extremely capable back-up, comfortable with the system and the starters.

While I absolutely don't advocate Trent losing his job to injury, I must admit that I have just a bit more confidence in Huard right now. Trent just doesn't look comfortable now that the Oline has degenerated from the level to which he grew accustomed, and hasn't all year. That's not an issue with Huard.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Like Rich Gannon? He'd been in the league for 10 years before leading the Chiefs to a 6-1 record and the playoffs. He also was MVP of the league AFTER he left the Chiefs, along with leading the Raiders to the Super Bowl.

Some people need to open their eyes and see who's playing better football: Trent Green or Damon Huard. REGARDLESS of the past.

POW!
:toast:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Eight consecutive starts in a single season is not spot duty. I don't care how much pine he rode before coming here. He's an extremely capable back-up, comfortable with the system and the starters.

While I absolutely don't advocate Trent losing his job to injury, I must admit that I have just a bit more confidence in Huard right now. Trent just doesn't look comfortable now that the Oline has degenerated from the level to which he grew accustomed, and hasn't all year. That's not an issue with Huard.

True. But it's playoff time, and I trust Green to turn it on more than I would a career backup. If he plays poorly, fine. Don't let it drag and get Huard in there right away.

Frazod
01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
True. But it's playoff time, and I trust Green to turn it on more than I would a career backup. If he plays poorly, fine. Don't let it drag and get Huard in there right away.

The only problem with that is if Trent plays like crap, against that bastard Manning we could be down three touchdowns in the blink of an eye by the time he gets the hook.

This is a really tough call. On principal, I still believe Green should start. But I don't think he gives us our best chance to win.

I'm glad the decision isn't mine to make.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 03:50 PM

Me too.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 03:53 PM
The only problem with that is if Trent plays like crap, against that bastard Manning we could be down three touchdowns in the blink of an eye by the time he gets the hook.

This is a really tough call. On principal, I still believe Green should start. But I don't think he gives us our best chance to win.

I agree with Tim. I'm really glad we don't have that decision to make. Here's a bit of prophetic warning: its not always bad to yank your QB in the playoffs at the end of his career. Sometimes its more cruel to leave him in there: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/011600/spf_1815766.html

Frazod
01-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree with Tim. I'm really glad we don't have that decision to make. Here's a bit of prophetic warning: its not always bad to yank your QB in the playoffs at the end of his career. Sometimes its more cruel to leave him in there: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/011600/spf_1815766.html

Yeah, I remember that. What a beatdown. Of course, I detest Marino, so I rather enjoyed it. :evil:

htismaqe
01-02-2007, 04:07 PM

The Gannon situation is not at all similar to this one.

Grbac was the QB and was going to be the QB for the next few years. Regardless of performance, you don't bench your starting QB for a guy that will be gone after the playoffs (Gannon's contract was up). It's a shitty deal, but that's how cap-era football works.

Second, everybody loves to bring up that Gannon was 6-1 that season. Grbac was SEVEN AND TWO as a starter. That tells me one thing -- it didn't matter who was playing QB. That team was all about it's defense.

I'm already on the record saying that Huard should start. But good God, some of this shit is ridiculous.

htismaqe
01-02-2007, 04:08 PM

He's never faced a full season of NFL defenses. He's not fully tested. That IS spot duty.

I think Huard should start the game, but anybody that thinks he's "proven" is wrong.

Carlota69
01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
You're due a wakeup call. Maybe this is the year that martyocre finally gets the monkey off his back, but, like it or not, he has a long, long history of dominating in the regular season and losing early in the playoffs. I can even tell you how the game'll play out: it'll be close, you'll scream at the TV 3 or 4 times when he gets inexplicably conservative in the red zone and you kick field goals. You'll think "we should be killing this team" and then you'll feel like your heart's being ripped out when you watch them kick a field goal to beat you with no time on the clock. It's happened over and over and over, and, in fact, the last time it happened was two years ago. Need a refresher?Anything can happen; that's why they play the game. But my advice to you would be to go into the game hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Maybe this is the year. Maybe it's not.

Notice that this SD 'fan" never responded to your post. I think it's funny. Seems to me that you shut his "insta-fan" ass up.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I remember that. What a beatdown. Of course, I detest Marino, so I rather enjoyed it. :evil:

That's why I say yanking your aging QB may be kinder in the long run... Oh, I hated Marino back then! Talk about a guy who continually broke Chiefs fans hearts! But in historical perspective, that was as ugly as a final game as any QB has ever had. I would hate to see Trent get walloped anything close to that way.