PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock: Crazy Things Happen

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 02:04 AM
Whoever guessed "I told you we should've signed Ty Law" gets a cookie.

CRAZY THINGS HAPPEN (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16359933.htm)

JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY
Posted on Mon, Jan. 01, 2007

I never doubted. When Carl Peterson took my advice and signed Ty Law, I told you Law would carry the Chiefs to the playoffs.

It was written, and now itís reality. Lawís crucial third-quarter interception set up Larry Johnsonís 2-yard touchdown run and was the most important play in Kansas Cityís season-saving 35-30 victory Sunday over Jacksonville at Arrowhead Stadium.

Sure, that sounds crazy. But is it really any crazier than what happened on New Yearís Eve?

To make the playoffs, the Chiefs needed to beat the Jaguars and for (darn) near every AFC home team with a winning record to lose.

It all happened. It happened despite three Trent Green turnovers. It happened even though the Steelers and the 49ers needed overtime to knock off the Bengals and the Broncos. It happened because Cincinnatiís Marvin Lewis mismanaged his timeouts and instructed his quarterback to kneel on second down and spike the ball on third at the end of regulation. It happened because Mike Shanahanís rookie quarterback played like a rookie in the biggest game of the year.

Happy New Year!

Lamar Hunt arrived in football heaven just in time to have a little talk with the football gods about the playoff-deprived Chiefs fans.

And you know what? The sixth-seeded Chiefs drew the one AFC playoff team theyíre capable of beating on the road. The Indianapolis Colts donít want to see any parts of LoJomotive #27.

Seriously, guess the quarter LoJo #27 goes over 200 yards Saturday afternoon? You know Herm Edwards is ordering extra coal right now, and heíll instruct Mike Solari and Trent Green to shovel hot coals in LoJo #27 all afternoon.

The over/under on Larry Johnson carries for Indianapolis is 35.

The Colts defense gives up a league-worst 5.3 yards per carry. Thatís more than a yard more than any other AFC playoff team. Thereís no reason to get cute with the game plan on Saturday.

The Chiefs should put all their receivers on the inactive list and line up with seven offensive linemen, Tony Gonzalez, a fullback, Trent Green and LoJomotive #27, the NFL record holder for carries in a season.

Given the opponent and the game plan, Greenís struggles are irrelevant. The Chiefs are not going to engage Peyton Manning in a shootout as they did in Dick Vermeilís lone playoff season. The key to victory will be keeping Manning off the field by running Johnson.

Oh, and when the Indy offense does take the field, Colt-killer Ty Law will be matched up against Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. This whole thing is working out just the way I predicted.

LocoChiefsFan
01-01-2007, 02:10 AM
lol, me,me,me. What a tool. Oh yeah, it's LAJO dumbass.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Oh brother-Jwhit taking the credit for signing Law-Keep dreaming doughboy.

Hog Rider
01-01-2007, 02:12 AM
He's still drunk!

Hog Rider
01-01-2007, 02:13 AM
As a matter of fact, so am I!

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2007, 02:14 AM
LoJo?

Count Alex's Wins
01-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Lamar Hunt arrived in football heaven just in time to have a little talk with the football gods about the playoff-deprived Chiefs fans.

I hate this crap. I think it's stupid and I also think it's demeaning and disrespectful.

Count Alex's Wins
01-01-2007, 02:16 AM
BTW, that nickname blows.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:27 AM
I think we should give credit where it is truly due....

Halfcan started the game thread for the 9ers and Cheatin Donks- the 2007 Miracle should once and for all- be known as Halfcan's Hail Mary.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:28 AM

I prefer Larry the Lawnmower-and after he mows over a bunch of Colts next week-this should stick.

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 02:29 AM
BTW, that nickname blows.That's pretty much the only thing that ran through my head while I read the column.

Horrible nickname.

tk13
01-01-2007, 02:35 AM
Nothing tops THE CENTAUR! THE COLTS WILL BE NO MATCH FOR HALF MAN, HALF BEAST, ALL ENDZONE, ALL THE TIME!

milkman
01-01-2007, 02:50 AM
Nothing tops THE CENTAUR! THE COLTS WILL BE NO MATCH FOR HALF MAN, HALF BEAST, ALL ENDZONE, ALL THE TIME!

How 'bout we just stick to LJ?

Count Alex's Wins
01-01-2007, 02:53 AM
This game might be really funny to watch. Herm might honestly run it 60 times if we get ahead by a couple scores. It will be like the St. Louis gameplan.

KcMizzou
01-01-2007, 03:24 AM
I hate this crap. I think it's stupid and I also think it's demeaning and disrespectful.I agree.

SPchief
01-01-2007, 03:30 AM
This game might be really funny to watch. Herm might honestly run it 60 times if we get ahead by a couple scores. It will be like the St. Louis gameplan.

We're running LJ into the ground, why should we keep running him? He will be useless next year. /mecca

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 03:33 AM
we are just going to lose anyway, the Colts are much better in every category/ mecca

tk13
01-01-2007, 03:40 AM
The worst part is we're wasting LJ in a non-playoff season.

Wait a minute, we're going to the playoffs!

I'm not too big on overworking LJ, but it's a different game now. If it takes 45 carries, then that's what it takes. We need to pound them into submission.

Valiant
01-01-2007, 03:43 AM
I hate this crap. I think it's stupid and I also think it's demeaning and disrespectful.

Are you sure you should be the one talking about stuff being disrespectful??? Remember some of the shit you have said in the past??? You have come a long ways, but not long enough for you to say your on the high road...

SPchief
01-01-2007, 03:44 AM

I'm not too big on overworking LJ, but it's a different game now. If it takes 45 carries, then that's what it takes. We need to pound them into submission.

What are you talking about?

We need to save LJ for our 2009 playoff run.

Thats the first time we will make the playoffs after Vermiel left.

We're waiting on both Carl and Herm to leave.

Absolutly no chance we can make the playoffs with these two at the helm.

/miamiisgay fan 1963

Mecca
01-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Shutup and let me speak.......

The Chiefs have a chance of winning this game....

I don't enjoy the amount of carries LJ has now but they've already crossed that bridge might aswell continue on with it, the damage is already done.

ChiefFan31
01-01-2007, 05:13 AM
I never doubted. When Carl Peterson took my advice and signed Ty Law, I told you Law would carry the Chiefs to the playoffs.

It was written, and now itís reality. Lawís crucial third-quarter interception set up Larry Johnsonís 2-yard touchdown run and was the most important play in Kansas Cityís season-saving 35-30 victory Sunday over Jacksonville at Arrowhead Stadium.

This whole thing is working out just the way I predicted

Un-friggin-real. How can this jackass actually take himself seriously?

His articles stopped bothering me years ago, after I had realized something, but this is just...I'm surprised after all those burnt ends from Gates that he still has the leverage to bend over and kiss his own ass.

ChiefFan31
01-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Oh yeah, that nickname is LAME. + I just wanted to get my 1,000th. :D

KurtCobain
01-01-2007, 05:15 AM

go you!

Kerberos
01-01-2007, 06:19 AM
How 'bout we just stick to LJ?

:clap: Ding Ding Ding .... We have a winner!

Finally someone using some rational thinking.

(Quote: HalfCan) "Larry the Lawnmower" ?? :shake:

Kids these days... Buy'em Books and Send'em to school! :shake:

Warrior5
01-01-2007, 07:22 AM
the worst article by JWhit I've ever read.

Instead of commenting on how it all happened, he scribbles out some weak self-aggrandizement and attempts to patent an extremely lame new nickname for LJ.

Way to start the new year, Whitlock.

jaxchiefsclub
01-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Some things never change Shitlock is still full of it.

milkman
01-01-2007, 08:17 AM

Nice going n00b!

:clap:

DeezNutz
01-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Un-friggin-real. How can this jackass actually take himself seriously?

He's not. It's sarcasm, thus the "if this sounds crazy remark." Good grief folks, chill out! Have a red beer. :toast:

boogblaster
01-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Limelight usually fades into nothing..bye, bye Whitless....

thepascalblaze
01-01-2007, 09:11 AM
If anybodies takin' credit it's me, and that's not just because of deservation, but whence things went, too.

Left behind ,one ,too

many times the fool

Allowed the pretendance of playoffs or

the defendance

of a position of giving up...

good thing the players have more confidence than I...

In years past everything needed would have only fallen into place with a Chiefs loss...

...WTF for real?..

Zebedee DuBois
01-01-2007, 09:13 AM

Four out of five doctors agree!

(as do I)

jwhit
01-01-2007, 09:50 AM
chill out, people. i was making fun of myself about ty law... it's 2007, making a new year's resolution to lighten up and enjoy life.

siberian khatru
01-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Congrats to Gochiefs for nailing the Whitlock column prediction last night.

Phobia
01-01-2007, 10:01 AM
chill out, people. i was making fun of myself about ty law... it's 2007, making a new year's resolution to lighten up and enjoy life.

I thought the Ty Law bit was funny. But that nickname is really rough. Happy New Year, man.

Guru
01-01-2007, 10:39 AM
I smell a lot of sarcasm in that article.

Molitoth
01-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Ty Law might have played well during the game, but he did not SAVE THE SEASON, he damn near sucked the majority of the year. If it wasn't for a few slipups the team might have won previous games and did not need help to get into the playoffs.

KCinNY
01-01-2007, 10:57 AM
The sarcasm was pretty evident.

I was actually expecting a Gates BBQ or at least a Jeff George reference.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2007, 05:24 PM

IT IS GHEY

tk13
01-01-2007, 05:29 PM
The sarcasm was pretty evident.

I was actually expecting a Gates BBQ or at least a Jeff George reference.
We still have time to sign him before Saturday. That would add an even greater twist, Jeff George, returning home, to defeat the team that once drafted him #1 and prove once and for all he's a better QB than Peyton Manning!

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 05:33 PM
You gotta love Whitlock...

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I could sense the sarcasm, but LoJo is well umm ya

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Jason, the article was obviously tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure most Kansas Citians and especially Chiefs fans, won't read it that way. There's not much "fun" in being a Chiefs fan. It seems like agony and pain are the norm. The Chiefs are definitely not to be made fun of by anyone in the "evil media".

But LoJo is Lame-O.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Shutup and let me speak.......

The Chiefs have a chance of winning this game....

I don't enjoy the amount of carries LJ has now but they've already crossed that bridge might aswell continue on with it, the damage is already done.

What damage is that. LJ will have the reputatution as a durable work horse and also broke a record some thought would stand awhile.

As LJ says-he doesn't take shots he gives them.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Larry the Lawnmower-sounds better. After LJ mows down the Colts-you have my permission to steal it-not that you have ever asked before you ripped off the Planet for your articles.

I do have to give JWit some props though-I think he has improved over the last year-and several of his articles were right on the money. Keep up the good work and Happy New Years!!!

RINGLEADER
01-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Someone start a thread inviting everyone to give LJ a nickname. I don't particularly like "centaur" either...

milkman
01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
What damage is that. LJ will have the reputatution as a durable work horse and also broke a record some thought would stand awhile.

As LJ says-he doesn't take shots he gives them.

Regardless of whether he takes shots or gives them, it still takes a toll.