PDA

View Full Version : IMO...the real "Play of The Day" for the Chiefs was....

Mosbonian
01-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Bernard Pollard's blocked punt and recovery for a TD. If it hasn't already been said, this is why..

Had Pollard not recovered it for a TD, then it would probably have been a Safety on J-ville, netting KC only 2 points instead of 7....the difference being the 5 points that KC won by.

mmaddog

KCKID58
01-01-2007, 06:56 AM
no man, the ref's would have called it a touchback and would have given the jags a new set of downs. no wait that was the right call?

FringeNC
01-01-2007, 06:58 AM
..the kicker in Cinci missing the short FG at the end of regulation....

milkman
01-01-2007, 07:04 AM
I agree mmaddog.

That play not only was the difference in the score, but it set the tone for the day for the entire team.

Mosbonian
01-01-2007, 07:17 AM
no man, the ref's would have called it a touchback and would have given the jags a new set of downs. no wait that was the right call?

No....regardless of whether the ball had been recovered by a Jag in the ned zone or had gone out of bounds, it still would have been a safety.

mmaddog

boogblaster
01-01-2007, 07:23 AM
that play set the tone for sure...Pollard is a gemstone also....

Zebedee DuBois
01-01-2007, 08:18 AM
It was beautiful, man....just beautyful!

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:21 AM
finally saw a replay....unbelievable play

stevieray
01-01-2007, 08:24 AM
third one this year...

Kerberos
01-01-2007, 08:24 AM
..the kicker in Cinci missing the short FG at the end of regulation....

That was definately the first layer of frosting on the playoff picture for the Chiefs yesterday.

:thumb:

Dark Horse
01-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I know its been said but get that kid on the field on defense, not next year next Saturday!

siberian khatru
01-01-2007, 09:37 AM
It was tremendously exciting, and at that point I wasn't totally invested in the outcome of the game (win -- yay; lose -- eh) because I thought the season was over anyway. But I still got a woodie.

It was one of the greatest ST plays I've ever seen.

NUMBER7
01-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Totally agree....changed the momentum of the game. The crowd really got back into the game. And the sideline went beserk. HE IS THE MAN!

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Great play....hell of an effort. Dont worry, he will be starting next year.....at LB...not safety. From what i understand hes a great hitter and tackler, but cant quite grasp the coverage responsibilities.

milkman
01-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Great play....hell of an effort. Dont worry, he will be starting next year.....at LB...not safety. From what i understand hes a great hitter and tackler, but cant quite grasp the coverage responsibilities.

That really doesn't make a lot of sense, since pass coverage is an important aspect of LB play in the cover 2.

StcChief
01-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Definitely set the tone for team/crowd.

The most dynamic play in ANY football game.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2007, 10:37 AM
That was awesome, but in a close second is Trent drawing the guy offsides to seal the game.

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 10:51 AM
third one this year...

Albert Lewisesque. heh.

SLQ
01-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Bernard Pollard's blocked punt and recovery for a TD. If it hasn't already been said, this is why..

Had Pollard not recovered it for a TD, then it would probably have been a Safety on J-ville, netting KC only 2 points instead of 7....the difference being the 5 points that KC won by.

mmaddog

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped.

What happened happened and that is now history. Don't try to justify something just because things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to.

BIG K
01-01-2007, 10:55 AM

mmaddog

Very cool. However, I would think the most important 'play of the day' for the Chief's were the other teams who carried the Chief's into the playoffs by their play....

Coach
01-01-2007, 10:57 AM
That really doesn't make a lot of sense, since pass coverage is an important aspect of LB play in the cover 2.

That's true. Think of more of him being a run-stopping LB instead of a coverage LB.

milkman
01-01-2007, 10:58 AM

What happened happened and that is now history. Don't try to justify something just because things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to.

:spock:

Zebedee DuBois
01-01-2007, 11:28 AM
That flea-flicker was pretty sweet, too.
:)

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
The sweet thing about the block was that he did backwards.

Inspector
01-01-2007, 11:35 AM

mmaddog
Yep.

This would have been my first choice.

Inspector
01-01-2007, 11:37 AM

uh...

ok.

:shrug:

TinyEvel
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Awesome, I opened this post as I'm re-watching the game on TiVo. And, no shttin, that play happened JUST as I opened this post. I started laughing as my eyes teared up.
:clap:

Guru
01-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Play of the day for Chiefs was Law's INT.

Play of the day for the fans was Nedney.

Stewie
01-01-2007, 12:44 PM
I liked the Huard to Kennison pass. That was sweet.

Mosbonian
01-01-2007, 12:53 PM

When you posted this were you still inebriated from last night?

I'm not sure anyone can read this and figure out WTH you are trying to get at.....

Anyone else figure this guy out? Bueller....Bueller?

mmaddog

Mosbonian
01-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I liked the Flea Flicker....and the pass to Kennison by Huard was nice...great play by Kennison to catch the ball and stay inbounds.

But IMO, Pollard's play put the game on track for KC.

mmaddog

Stewie
01-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I liked the Flea Flicker....and the pass to Kennison by Huard was nice...great play by Kennison to catch the ball and stay inbounds.

But IMO, Pollard's play put the game on track for KC.

mmaddog

Don't get me wrong, I agree the blocked punt was crucial to get us rolling. I just thought the point in the game when Kennison made the catch kept the ship righted. If that drive stalls and J'ville goes down and scores the whole complexion of the game changes.

Mosbonian
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, I agree the blocked punt was crucial to get us rolling. I just thought the point in the game when Kennison made the catch kept the ship righted. If that drive stalls and J'ville goes down and scores the whole complexion of the game changes.

Agreed....

mmaddog

Bob Dole
01-01-2007, 01:34 PM
You just knew it was going to be a special day when LJ actually caught the screen passes thrown to him.