PDA

View Full Version : Darrent Williams shot and killed

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 05:36 AM
the Broncos CB was leaving a club in the early morning and was shot....just broke on ESPN radio

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/10644645/detail.html?rss=den&psp=news
AP

DENVER -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed early Monday morning in downtown Denver 7News reported exclusively on its 5 a.m. newscast.

Denver Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano said that police confirmed the fatal shooting involving Williams and said there was "incredible shock and sadness at a senseless tragedy."

Williams, 24, was apparently riding in a limousine near 11th Avenue and Speer Boulevard just after 2 a.m. , when the shooting occurred. The shots came from another vehicle and two other people in the limo were also hit. Their conditions were unknown.
Click here to find out more!

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said the two people were rushed to Denver Health Medical Center. He said the person who was most seriously wounded was pronounced dead at the shooting scene.

It was not immediately known what prompted the shooting.

A white stretch limo ran off the road near the intersection and had police tape around it shortly after the shooting. 7News anchor Mitch Jelniker, reporting from the shooting scene, said bullet holes could plainly be seen in several of the limo doors.

Jelniker said the intersection will be closed "for quite some time" which police investigate the shooting.

wow...tragic

stumppy
01-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Beat me by ( ) that much.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 05:38 AM
we're both obviously up way too early watching TV

KCFalcon59
01-01-2007, 05:39 AM
That is sad. R.I.P

stumppy
01-01-2007, 05:39 AM
we're both obviously up way too early watching TV

Or too late.

thedude
01-01-2007, 05:40 AM
:(

thedude
01-01-2007, 05:41 AM
im sorry. broncos fans. im really sorry.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 05:43 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/10644645/detail.html?rss=den&psp=news
AP

DENVER -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed early Monday morning in downtown Denver 7News reported exclusively on its 5 a.m. newscast.

Denver Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano said that police confirmed the fatal shooting involving Williams and said there was "incredible shock and sadness at a senseless tragedy."

Williams, 24, was apparently riding in a limousine near 11th Avenue and Speer Boulevard just after 2 a.m. , when the shooting occurred. The shots came from another vehicle and two other people in the limo were also hit. Their conditions were unknown.
Click here to find out more!

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said the two people were rushed to Denver Health Medical Center. He said the person who was most seriously wounded was pronounced dead at the shooting scene.

It was not immediately known what prompted the shooting.

A white stretch limo ran off the road near the intersection and had police tape around it shortly after the shooting. 7News anchor Mitch Jelniker, reporting from the shooting scene, said bullet holes could plainly be seen in several of the limo doors.

Jelniker said the intersection will be closed "for quite some time" which police investigate the shooting.

Bob Dole
01-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Holy crap. That's insane.

Tactical Funky
01-01-2007, 05:45 AM
What the ****?!?!

That's absolutely horrible and shocking news...

thedude
01-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Im drunk, and really about to cry. Our rivalry is not bigger than this, I really am sorry for the broncos fans. This is not fair. I am so sorry. God bless his family, his supporters, and everyone else. I was always hard on him, but dammit, no one deserves this. God.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 05:47 AM
a drive by limo shooting?

wtf?

Denver reporter on ESPN right now

thedude
01-01-2007, 05:48 AM
no one deserved this/

headsnap
01-01-2007, 05:48 AM
WOW!!!

way too tragic!!

thedude
01-01-2007, 05:49 AM
my condolences.

Kerberos
01-01-2007, 05:50 AM
That is sad. R.I.P

Never like to see any man take a cap :shake:

condolences to his family, teammates and fans!

On a lighter note... your up awfully damn early Mike?

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 05:51 AM
no details other than shots were fired into the car...

Bwana
01-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Damn, not cool.

chiefqueen
01-01-2007, 05:52 AM
my condolances

Tactical Funky
01-01-2007, 05:53 AM
It's time to put aside football rivalries and join Denver fans - and football fans in general - in mourning the loss of a member of the close-knit NFL family.

Players may have different team loyalties, but in the end they are all an integral part of the same sport and have the same hopes and dreams.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams :(

thedude
01-01-2007, 05:55 AM
It's time to put aside football rivalries and join Denver fans - and football fans in general - in mourning the loss of a member of the close-knit NFL family.

Players may have different team loyalties, but in the end they are all an integral part of the same sport and have the same hopes and dreams.

Agree 1 million percent

mylittlepony
01-01-2007, 06:02 AM
What a buzz killer, but it reminds us again that there are more important things then football. My deepest condolances to the Williams family.

Frazod
01-01-2007, 06:05 AM
This definitely sucks the joy out of yesterday. My condolances to the Broncos and their fans. :(

Kerberos
01-01-2007, 06:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716385

DENVER -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early Monday morning, police said.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. Mountain Time from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams had been killed.

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race.

Warrior5
01-01-2007, 06:27 AM
I was numb after Derrick Thomas ' death; I can't imagine the impact of Williams' murdered on Denver, the organization, and the fans.

I am so sorry...

jaxchiefsclub
01-01-2007, 06:34 AM
I hope they catch the person(s) that did this. I can only imagine what his family is going through.

Braincase
01-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Wow. That just sucks. Sympathies extended to Mr. WIlliams friends, family, teammates and the Broncos' fanbase. Senseless.

CHIEF4EVER
01-01-2007, 06:40 AM
I hope they catch the scumbag that did this quickly. He can join Saddam in taking a dirt nap. What an effing cockroach.

JBucc
01-01-2007, 07:02 AM
WTF???? This is terrible.

milkman
01-01-2007, 07:11 AM

Well said.

That is just shocking and sad news.

Iowanian
01-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Thats Terrible.

Its sad when any young person dies...

Hopefully this had nothing to do with what this young man did for a living. Peace to his family and fans.

Oh..
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51472

DeezNutz
01-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Horrible, and it makes me feel like an ass for all of the trash-talking that I directed at the Bronco players/fans yesterday. :(

I'm very sorry. All best Denver...

Chief Nute
01-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Oh man......this sucks. RIP Darrent.

Frazod said what I was thinking, and that was that it really sucks the air out of the happiness of yesterday rooting against these guys.

Chief Faithful
01-01-2007, 07:33 AM
This is terrible news. Williams was a very good young CB the Broncos could not afford to lose. I am sad for his family and the whole Bronco nation. Mostly I am sad because it was such a waste as the whole NFL lost an up and coming player.

boogblaster
01-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Tragic..you never know what will happen anymore...people are too violent these days...stay home at nite I guess...RIP Williams...

blueballs
01-01-2007, 07:44 AM
senseless
I hope he lived the dream
though be it far to short a run

Lzen
01-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Wow, that's terrible. My condolences Denver fans. :shake:

mlyonsd
01-01-2007, 07:53 AM
I feel very sorry for the Williams family and all Bronco fans.

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Unreal... I have no idea what to say about this tragic event.

ILChief
01-01-2007, 07:58 AM
That's terrible. WTF is wrong with people :shake:

patteeu
01-01-2007, 08:02 AM
That's a really sad turn of events. :shake:

Tuckdaddy
01-01-2007, 08:02 AM
That's nuts! What the hell is wrong with people? Absolutely terrible.

Gotta feel for his family, he was only 24.

Tuckdaddy
01-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Unreal... I have no idea what to say about this tragic event.

Very sorry. absolutely awful thing to happen.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:05 AM
a Denver reporter on Cold Pizza speculated that it was a "mistake"...i..e. the drive-by picked the wrong stretch hummer.....

edit - it sounds stupid, but that's what she said

Zebedee DuBois
01-01-2007, 08:07 AM
That is just so senseless.

Condolelenses to his family, friends and fans.

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 08:12 AM
a Denver reporter on Cold Pizza speculated that it was a "mistake"...i..e. the drive-by picked the wrong stretch hummer.....

edit - it sounds stupid, but that's what she said

That is one of the more odd things to say about an event like this... this isn't exactly the type of thing anyone expects to hear. Question - when is the last time an NFL player was murdered?

rad
01-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Unbelievable sad news......RIP DW and sympathies to family and friends...and fans.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:15 AM
That is one of the more odd things to say about an event like this... this isn't exactly the type of thing anyone expects to hear. Question - when is the last time an NFL player was murdered?

can't remember, must be a long time...usually they are the ones doing the damage...

very sad, he has a young son...

Al Bundy
01-01-2007, 08:17 AM

Exactly... I feel for his family especially the 2 kids he left behind. It takes alot of the joy out of yesterday.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Skip Bayless is such a douchebag.

We don't know what happened, but he's off on his Athletes in Bars screed...then he says, "..he may have been an innocent bystander, but you can't be in that position."

brilliant

Hasty being interviewed now....just finished with Tatum Bell

Easy 6
01-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Words like senseless & sickening barely scratch the surface.

My sincere condolensces to his family, the Broncos & their fans. I was almost certain that this thread was a joke, i wish it had been.

This world continues to worsen, God Bless Darrent Williams.

mcan
01-01-2007, 08:24 AM
wow, I'm sorry to hear about this. RIP Darrent, and hopefully they catch the guy (or guys) repsponsible for this ignorant and senseless violence.

kepp
01-01-2007, 08:24 AM
I was speechless when I read it just now. Just horrible. I'm sorry Broncos fans. God's peace to him and his family.

thehead
01-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Wow so young :shake: R I P DW

Phobia
01-01-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm guessing it was Fred Lane in 2000.

Adept Havelock
01-01-2007, 08:29 AM
RIP DW. What a damn tragic waste. :shake:

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I just saw Cold Pizza... heard Tatum and Skip. If the only thing that you can say is "nothing good happens after 2am and nightclubs and players don't mix...", then just be silent.

Taco John
01-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Speechless...

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I just saw Cold Pizza... heard Tatum and Skip. If the only thing that you can say is "nothing good happens after 2am and nightclubs and players don't mix...", then just be silent.

he's not smart enough to understand he should just be human for a moment....he's still thinking about ratings

Al Bundy
Skip Bayless is an idiot and even though I give Bronco fans alot of grief I truly am sorry for this loss.

alanm
Just got up and turned on the tube and saw this 1st thing. I'm just stunned. This goes beyond rivalry when something like this happens. Like Tim said this sucks all the joy out of yesterday.
RIP Darrent Williams.

cdcox
01-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Very sad, shocking, tragic news.

My condolances to Williams family, friends and fans.

RIP

Al Bundy
01-01-2007, 08:36 AM
I also noticed the Orangemane is not allowing new registrants. I was trying to go look at that thread.

stevieray
01-01-2007, 08:36 AM
not trying to downplay this tragedy, but there is some truth to that statement...people get beer muscles with players all the time.

I just don't know how anyone could fire a weapon into a moving vehicle.

Senseless...? totally.

prayers and thoughts to his family.

IA_Chiefs_fan
01-01-2007, 08:37 AM
God Bless his family and friends he left behind. I can't imagine the pain they're feeling. I wish we allowed quick hangings for people like the POS that did this.

Mr. Kotter
01-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Wow. :eek:

RIP, Mr. Williams. God bless your family. :(

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 08:42 AM
stevieray - don't get me wrong, I agree with the basis of the statement. The chances of finding trouble increase dramatically after midnight, especially when bars are concerned.

A night like new years' eve is one of the few exceptions to staying out late. Bayless had nothing to add other than pointing it back to players essentially. Plus, I've never liked Bayless... he's an assclown.

I'm interested to learn more of the details. Sad event.

dirk digler
01-01-2007, 08:43 AM
My thoughts and prayers to his family what a senseless way to go.

tomahawk kid
01-01-2007, 08:43 AM
he's not smart enough to understand he should just be human for a moment....he's still thinking about ratings

Skip Bayless is a classless prick.

This is not the time to make statements like this.

My condolences to the Williams family and the Denver organization.

A promising career cut way too short.

gblowfish
01-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Bad day to be a Broncos fan. God knows what circumstances would lead to this type of event, maybe more will come out in the news in the next day or two.

Sometimes shootings like this are random acts of violence. Sometimes they happen for a reason, usually related to something stupid like jealousy, drugs or money. In any case, any time a young man dies as a result of senseless gun violence, it's a terrible thing.

Today we set our rivalry with the Broncos aside and send our condolences to the Williams family and all his Denver team mates and fans.

Williams has a fansite here: http://www.darrentwilliams27.com/

Ultra Peanut
Goddamn.

Oxford
It is saddening and senseless.

RIP Darrent, and to all the family, friends, and Bronco fans, you have my heartfelt condolences.

I just hope anyone who knows anything about this, gives the guy up.

redbrian
01-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Skip Bayless is a classless prick.

This is not the time to make statements like this.

My condolences to the Williams family and the Denver organization.

A promising career cut way too short.

If not now when is the time to address this, just a couple of weeks ago here is KC we had a drive by shooting at a nightclub.

It is time that the black community steps up and put an end to the gangster mentality.

siberian khatru
01-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Just got up and saw this.

Awful, awful.

Don't care what team he plays for.

My condolences to Bronco Nation.

Very sad.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:51 AM
If not now when is the time to address this, just a couple of weeks ago here is KC we had a drive by shooting at a nightclub.

It is time that the black community steps up and put an end to the gangster mentality.

well, you and skip could wait until you know what happened.....just a thought...or maybe let the dead rest in peace for a day....again, just a thought

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 08:52 AM

There is a time to address this, but roughly 6 hours after the event... with no details being released... Skip could have refrained from getting on his soapbox.

Coach
01-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Wow... that really put things into perspective in a way, regardless if you made it to the playoffs or not.

Nobody should be killed like that.

My condolences to the Williams family and the Denver Broncos Fans.

siberian khatru
01-01-2007, 08:56 AM
I remember being a kid when the Angels' Lyman Bostock was shot and killed in his car near the end of the season (1978?) by a jealous boyfriend/estranged husband.

I feel just as stunned and saddened today.

Archie F. Swin
01-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Terribly sad for the Denver Broncos, their fans and the fans of Oklahoma State University.
What a way to end a season. :(

dirk digler
01-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Javon Walker may have been in the limo as well but he appears to be ok.

Broncos coaches said Monday the incident may have begun at a bar where Williams and Broncos receiver Javon Walker got into an argument with some bar patrons, reports CBS affiliate KCNC-TV correspondent Reggie Rivers.

The Broncos players left the bar and drove away in a limousine, and may have been followed by the gunmen, the coaches said. Police have not confirmed these reports.

Jackson said police were searching for the suspects and interviewing witnesses.

"We have no motive yet," Jackson said. "We're hoping to talk with witnesses to find out where they were coming from, and that might give us some clues."

PastorMikH
01-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I hate the Broncos as much as any Chiefs fan. It would bring me great joy to see them go 0-16. But to hear news like this really saddens me. This crosses the line where it's no longer about a rival team, this was a man's life, a mother's son, a child's dad. And to think it happened in the streets of Denver of all places? Tragic, tragic news. I sincerely hope this wasn't a classless and deranged fan taking their frustration out on a player they ran into on the street.

Condolences to the Williams family and Bronco fans. This is something that shouldn't ever happen.

PastorMikH
01-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Terribly sad for the Denver Broncos, their fans and the fans of Oklahoma State University.
What a way to end a season. :(

OSU hadn't even triggered in my mind yet. I know several people locally that will be devestated by this.:(

morphius
01-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Wow! I just turned on CNN a few minutes ago and caught this. I went over to the mane to offer condolences, but they appear to be down. Prayers to his family.

Rough, rough weekend to be a donkey fan. Man.

Stewie
01-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Sad day for all NFL fans.

RIP Darrent Williams.

trndobrd
01-01-2007, 09:05 AM
There is a time to address this, but roughly 6 hours after the event... with no details being released... Skip could have refrained from getting on his soapbox.

Skip is a Tool. He makes it sound like Williams was holding up a convienence store or buying drugs at 2am. Millions of people go out on New Years to celebrate.

ExtremeChief
01-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Unbelievable. Sympathies to the bronco nation.

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2007, 09:07 AM
not trying to downplay this tragedy, but there is some truth to that statement...people get beer muscles with players all the time.

I just don't know how anyone could fire a weapon into a moving vehicle.

Senseless...? totally.

prayers and thoughts to his family.The thing is, not only is Bayless utterly classless in saying it, it's just flat-out wrong to apply it as an "I told you so" in this case. By all accounts, this could have happened to anyone out celebrating New Year's.

Simplex3
01-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Different people deal in different ways.

stevieray
01-01-2007, 09:10 AM
The thing is, not only is Bayless utterly classless in saying it, it's just flat-out wrong to apply it as an "I told you so" in this case. By all accounts, this could have happened to anyone out celebrating New Year's.

he said it in a 'I told you so' attitude?

:shake:

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 09:16 AM
he said it in a 'I told you so' attitude?

:shake:

Sort of... the other guy on the set turned to Bayless and said something to the affect of "Skip, this is a situation you have talked about in the past with players and nightclubs, tell us your thoughts." I'm paraphrasing, but that was essentially his lead in for Skip. Then, Skip shook his head as if to say "I hate to admit it, but yes ... wrong place wrong time". And, then he stepped onto the soapbox.

As I said - I'm not saying he wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, but without details of what happened... why even go there when the event happened just 6 hours before.

You know?

ct
01-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Sincerest Condolences Bronco fans, this is terrible news!!

TnP for his family and friends.

stevieray
01-01-2007, 09:20 AM
As I said - I'm not saying he wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, but without details of what happened... why even go there when the event happened just 6 hours before.

You know?

I concur 100 percent.

suds79
01-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Wow pretty tragic.

A sad day.

RP_McMurphy
01-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Sometimes we are brought to our senses about life in the hardest of ways. Sadly today is one of those days. My sympathies to his family and the Bronco's family.

LocoChiefsFan
01-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Condolences to the Family of Darrent Williams and all of the Broncos team and fans.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Horrible news and i'm sure Bronco nation is suffering enough, I hope his wife and kids make it through this ok. My prayers go out to them and I hope they catch the MF'ers and use good old execution style to deal swift justice.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow. Just shocking, terrible news.

ZepSinger
01-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Senseless and tragic. Takes the whole rivalry thing completely out of the equation and makes you remember that at the core we're all brothers- sharing the same love of family, country, and football.

RIP Darrent. God give your family strength and peace in this sad time.

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow, unbelivable. This is kind of like early 2000 for us when DT died. I'm sorry to hear this for Denver. Big 12 kid as well.

88TG88
01-01-2007, 10:07 AM
that is sick. you cant even go out with nice things without getting shot at. sad news

BigRock
01-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Good lord. :( :( :(

StcChief
01-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow. Tough luck. Wrong place/wrong time.....

Sorry to hear that. Condolences to Broncos and family

Spott
01-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Damn, that's terrible. Just a few hours ago we were all rooting like hell for these guys to lose, and now this happens to make it all seem meaningless.

BigOlChiefsfan
01-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Condolences, Donk fans.

Florida_Bronco
01-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I'd just like to thank everyone here for their condolences and just general class. I know that as things our know, our teams rivalry is stronger than before, but reading this reminds me why I will always consider the Chiefs and their fans to be respected rivals.

Chief Roundup
01-01-2007, 10:19 AM
condolensences to the donko fans and family of Darrent Williams.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 10:20 AM
What a senseless, senseless act. 24 years old? He was still a pup.

Condolences to his family, his fans, and his team. There is no reason acts like this should ever happen. Incredibly tragic loss.

WilliamTheIrish
01-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Unbelievable. Sorry to hear about this tragedy. Condolences to the Williams family.

jlscorpio
01-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Just terrible. I woke up this morning and my 10 year old son told me. Pretty good indication something has gone terribly wrong in the world.

Reaper16
01-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Just woke up and saw this on the ESPNNews ticker. I'm in a weird place right now. What tragic news for any fan of the National Football League. I just hope for all the world that this had nothing to do with an unstable fan upset at the Broncos' loss. That would be so horrible if it were the case.

Rest in Peace, Darrent Williams. Condolences to your family, the Denver Broncos organization, and Broncs fans everywhere.

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Nucking Futs, Im sorry to hear this news.

Williams had a lot of potential. I hope it wasnt a fan who was upset with his play... that is just ridiculous.

Man, how senseless. Im Sorry bronco Nation. Damn.

Al Bundy
01-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Williams was a good guy, that is all that needs to be said.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2007, 10:32 AM
That's just awful.

Woodrow Call
01-01-2007, 10:36 AM
He was a heck of a football player. Tragic news.

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 10:37 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/broncojaws/RIPDArrent.png

KChiefs1
01-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Eventhough I hate the Donkos....this is sad tragic news for the NFL in general.

RIP Darrent Williams

htismaqe
01-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Any more details? So far, it looks like a random drive-by. Fuggin sad.

AZChief
Simply terrible news...my thoughts will be with Darrent and his family.

Hopefully, the others injured will fully recover.

DJJasonp
Sorry to hear this as this could obviously happen to anyone (NFL player or average joe).

In San Diego two nights ago, an average joe looking guy walked into a dessert cafe, was "staring" at a couple couples eating dessert...management sent him off....within 15 minutes, the guy came back in, and fired off several shots from a gun at both couples, killing one and seriously injuring others....the point is, you just never know....and live each day to its fullest.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Any more details? So far, it looks like a random drive-by. Fuggin sad.

somewhere back in the thread an article claimed that they were in an argument with some guys at a bar...might have spilled over....claims Walker was also in the limo....nothing solid yet

DaFace
01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow...what the hell...

Condolences to Donkey fans, and RIP DW.

Nightwish
01-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Good post. I couldn't have said it better. RIP Darrent. This is sad, but also senseless.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Just shocking. My condolences to everyone impacted by this terrible tragedy.

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow. Turned on NFL network, saw the news on the bottom ticker and was in shock. As much as I hate the Donks, this just sucks.

Oh, and Skip should just shut his mouth. The one night a year that everyone gets a pass to go out drinking and stay up late is New Year's Eve.
He doesn't know Darrent Williams. He has no right to pass judgment on him, especially right now. Sounds like his pissed for having to work on New Year's Day.

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Oh ,and I hope they find the douchebag that did this and let Denvers OL take out his kness with a sledgehammer.

Molitoth
01-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow this is shitty news. =( =( =(

Nightwish
01-01-2007, 11:09 AM
At first I was thinking this was some disgruntled fan who did this, pissed at the team for not making the playoffs, but I was just listening to the interview with Tatum Bell, and he seems to think it might be related to an altercation that happened at a night club Williams had been at earlier, although Williams hadn't been involved in the altercation. Might it simply have been a case of mistaken identity? Of course, that makes it even more senseless and tragic.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Sorry to hear this as this could obviously happen to anyone (NFL player or average joe).

In San Diego two nights ago, an average joe looking guy walked into a dessert cafe, was "staring" at a couple couples eating dessert...management sent him off....within 15 minutes, the guy came back in, and fired off several shots from a gun at both couples, killing one and seriously injuring others....the point is, you just never know....and live each day to its fullest.

What the f*ck? Is the whole world slowly losing its mind?

AZORChiefFan
01-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Sad just sad. My condolences to Broncos their fans and the Williams family and so on.

Que Card QB
01-01-2007, 11:13 AM
This sucks. It's totally shocking. It would be like waking up and hearing Patrick Surtain was murdered last night.

Buck
01-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Thats ****ed up, whoever shot at innocent people in a limo should hang...

R.I.P. Darrent

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2007, 11:27 AM
As I said - I'm not saying he wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, but without details of what happened... why even go there when the event happened just 6 hours before.Put yourself in his shoes. He's a guy who's just gotten off a very hard, draining day at work, and it's a national "party your ass off" holiday. What do you expect him to do, go home and post on his Livejournal about how it's all so unfair?

Everything so far seems to point to it being completely random. Unless you think everybody should stay indoors at all times, you can't prevent horribly bad luck.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Just found out, and shocked to say the least.

Senseless. Shows how insignificant the game really is.

Thoughts and prayers to Darrent's family, friends, teammates and the League. Also to the guys at the Mane: Taco, MHM, Garcia, VP, etc.

Sad, sad day.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Sad news. My prayers go out to his family, God be with them.

You can't really say anything until the investigation is done so Skip should just be quiet. But he is a member of the media, it's his job to speculate, no matter how harsh.

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Put yourself in his shoes. He's a guy who's just gotten off a very hard, draining day at work, and it's a national "party your ass off" holiday. What do you expect him to do, go home and post on his Livejournal about how it's all so unfair?

Everything so far seems to point to it being completely random. Unless you think everybody should stay indoors at all times, you can't prevent horribly bad luck.

Peanut, I think you misread me... I was referring to Bayless with the "why even go there remark". I think Bayless should have zipped his lip until details were released. I wasn't suggesting that DW not go out...

vailpass
01-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Props to all on this thread who have transcended the rivalry and shown real class in your sincere condelences.
I'm shocked, and freaked out, and pissed, and saddened.

TinyEvel
01-01-2007, 11:50 AM
I have nothing new to add to this, other than my deepest sympathy to the Williams family and friends, team and fans everywhere. This does just take all the wind out of a person's sails, no matter what team they're for. Or even whether or not thye're an NFL fan.
It's a brutal reminder of what goes on with young people in cities all over the country. Whether a misidentiy or not.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-01-2007, 11:51 AM
A tragedy indeed... a rising star, fallen too soon.

<hr size="3">

On a side note...

"It is a terrible tragedy," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello added. "We don't know all the details yet, but we are reaching out to the Broncos to offer our support."

Why do I get the feeling that the offer of support will somehow mean the Broncos get all their games at home next year?

crazycoffey
01-01-2007, 11:53 AM
What a cowardly act, low-life and senseless. I echo the condolences.

I just jumped on, so I don't know if it was already covered in-depth. My first gut thought was gambling related.

Guess I shouldn't speculate, but it's the cop in me

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I asked earlier when the last time an active NFL player was shot and killed, here's a link. Phobia was correct.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716478

partial list of shootings involving NFL players since 1992. Jan. 1, 2007 -- Denver Broncos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den) cornerback Darrent Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7232) was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting early Monday, his limousine sprayed with bullets in downtown Denver. Sept. 3, 2006 -- San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg) linebacker Steve Foley (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4483) was shot twice near his Poway home by an off-duty Coronado police officer who had followed him for several miles after suspecting him of driving drunk. He missed the entire 2006 season due to injuries. July 16, 2006 -- Cowboys defensive back Keith Davis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6269) was shot in the head and right thigh while driving on a Dallas Interstate. Davis was treated and released from Baylor Hospital from what police are believing was a car-jacking attempt. Davis recovered from his wounds and would go on to play in every game during this 2006 season. July 28, 2005 -- Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi) defensive end Jerome McDougle (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6351) was shot in the abdomen during a robbery attempt in Miami. He missed the entire season due to injury but retured for the 2006 season. July 4, 2003 -- Chargers defensive back Terrence Kiel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6398) was shot outside a Houston mall in an attempted car-jacking. Kiel was shot once in his ankle, once in his knee and once around his stomach. Kiel went on to recover from his wounds and would eventually start seven games that season as a rookie. June 29, 2003 -- Cowboys defensive back Keith Davis was shot in the elbow and hip outside a Dallas area strip club. Davis would make it to the first day of training camp but was cut that day by the Cowboys. The shooting came about a month after Coach Parcells issued a warning to players about hanging out at places they weren't welcomed. Aug. 31, 2003 -- Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit) linebacker Joey Porter (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4723) was one of six people shot (one was killed) outside a Denver sports bar. Porter was shot and wounded in the left buttock. He recovered and went on to play 14 games that season. July 6, 2000 -- Carolina Panthers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=car) running back Fred Lane was shot and killed by his wife, Diedra, during a domestic dispute. Lane's wife is serving a prison sentence after pleading guilty to manslaughter charges. May 3, 1992 -- Indianapolis Colts (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ind) defensive end Shane Curry was shot in the head and killed outside a Cincinnati nightclub after a dispute regarding a blocked vehicle.

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Peanut, I think you misread me... I was referring to Bayless with the "why even go there remark". I think Bayless should have zipped his lip until details were released. I wasn't suggesting that DW not go out...Ah. In that case, I completely agree with you.

Six hours is NOT enough time to start saying how the victim of a shocking crime should have known better.

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2007, 12:01 PM
July 4, 2003 -- Chargers defensive back Terrence Kiel was shot outside a Houston mall in an attempted car-jacking. Kiel was shot once in his ankle, once in his knee and once around his stomach. Kiel went on to recover from his wounds and would eventually start seven games that season as a rookie.Wow, that was almost four years ago. Time flies.

Hydrae
01-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Add me to the list of those wishing to express condolences to his family, his teammates and their fans.

chief52
01-01-2007, 12:17 PM
How could anyone fire multiple shots into a vehicle containing 16 people? What a crazy world. Death penalty works for me on this one.

noa
01-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow, I just got to a computer for the first time in a while and I am shocked and deeply saddened by this news. My condolensces to all of Williams' family, friends, teammates, and fans.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
omg wow, this is really sad news :( good lord, i don't know what to say :(

RIP Darrent Williams, condolences go out to the fans, family and freinds of DW. Damn...

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Here's an update, not much detail...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4931937

dirk digler
01-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Here's an update, not much detail...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4931937

Thanks MHM.

I feel sorry for the Williams family because the way they investigate things in Colorado this will never be solved and justice won't be served.

doomy3
01-01-2007, 12:39 PM
WoW. Just WoW. THis is very, very sad news.

wutamess
01-01-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm guessing it was Fred Lane in 2000.

I think so.
We went to school together and had CSIS 101 together.

Was a cool dude and a special RB for our college (Lane College).

keg in kc
01-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Man, what a horrible thing.

ChiefaRoo
01-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Horrible just horrible.

ChiefaRoo
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
What a cowardly act, low-life and senseless. I echo the condolences.

I just jumped on, so I don't know if it was already covered in-depth. My first gut thought was gambling related.

Guess I shouldn't speculate, but it's the cop in me

hmmmmm, that would take away the crazy randomness factor.

Buck
01-01-2007, 01:07 PM
They just said that Javon Walker was also in the limo. I wonder what it was like for him after ducking from the bullets to look up and see his teammate shot right in the neck, dead.

Again, why the hell would anyone ever shoot anyone else? It makes no sense.

Brock
01-01-2007, 01:07 PM

So would "pissed off Bronco fan".

Demonpenz
01-01-2007, 01:11 PM
I thought about the gambling aspect too when I heard the news

Guru
01-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Javon Walker may have been in the limo as well but he appears to be ok.
I was wondering if this had anything to do with stupid fans taking things too far. Seems that might be the case.

My condolences to his family and friends. I hope the catch this guy and give him the max.

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Just FYI, the area of the shooting is not a bad neighborhood or anything. I lived at the corner of 11th and Speer when I first moved to Denver, and I walk around 10th and Broadway many days when I come home from work. These are NOT parts of town where you go looking for trouble.

My guess is that he just ran afoul of some criminals who were jealous of him, though I'm a bit surprised that said criminals would frequenting those areas. There's one very popular night club (The Church) that's right in that area, and there are others nearby as well. You get all sorts of weird types at the church, but they aren't dangerous-looking weird types.

It's particularly sad when something like this happens, because he had achieved the American dream. He was playing football for a living, and getting rich doing it. His whole life was set, and then this happens. It's tragic.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Why was he out in a Limo after losing? Must have thought the Playoffs were in the bag and had it reserved I guess??

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought about the gambling aspect too when I heard the news

I think there are a number of potential options.

1. General idiots/criminals in a bar who want to bring a rich football player down (high probability)

2. Same general idiots/criminals who lost a lot of money gambling (moderate probability)

3. Completely random drive-by (moderate probability)

4. Insane angry fan (low probability)

5. Organized gamblers that he had been tied in with - someone was supposed to take a dive (very low probability)

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Why was he out in a Limo after losing? Must have thought the Playoffs were in the bag and had it reserved I guess??

Open up your NFL dictionary and look up "Allen, Jared" and Warfield, Eric".

When you're rich, I'm guessing that you don't take cabs.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, if i was a millionare id go with the limo ride home too.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Sounds like they were making a drug deal that went bad- when will the NFl test them again? It was party time.

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 02:02 PM

You win the "Retard Statement of the Day". Congrats on kicking off the new year right. I'm guessing that the limo/party deal might have been more related to New Years Eve.

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Sounds like they were making a drug deal that went bad- when will the NFl test them again? It was party time.
I'm sorry... I handed you the award a post too early.

Valiant
01-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow, that really sucks.. As much as I hate denver and their fans my condolences go out to the organization and his family...

KChiefsQT
01-01-2007, 02:09 PM
I would kove to replace my punching bag with your head today. What a completely stupid and senseless thing to say.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry... I handed you the award a post too early.

Yeah your right, I am sure they were on their way to Bible service or to help the homeless.

Brock
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah your right, I am sure they were on their way to Bible service or to help the homeless.

Nothing personal, but you're looking more dumb than usual right now.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I would kove to replace my punching bag with your head today. What a completely stupid and senseless thing to say.

If someone gets shot on the street in the middle of the night-Drugs and money are usually involved. Don't you ever watch the news??

KChiefsQT
01-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Or on their way home from a night of partying. He was 24, it was New Years Eve... someone is losing marbles quickly and it sure as hella aint me.

Bob Dole
01-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Or--God forbid--being driven home after celebrating NYE like a bajillion other people.

Maybe you could go be a dipshit in another thread?

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 02:13 PM
You're an idiot... pure and simple. Anything is possible at this point, but why wait for all the details?

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:14 PM

It does not sound random at all-they were stopped next to this other car for some reason. :hmmm:

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 02:16 PM
If someone gets shot on the street in the middle of the night-Drugs and money are usually involved. Don't you ever watch the news??
Random shootings and acts of violence happen all the time, stupid post on your part.

Cochise
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I've had him on ignore for some time, but from the looks of it I am guessing that Halfcan has made his record-setting 10,000th dumbass post in a row.

KChiefsQT
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Yeah, no; however, you may be watching too much of it. The news likes to blame drugs and money in these cases... heaven forbid our society actuallly believe there are ****ing morons out there that would take a man's life... or anyones life for that matter without drugs and money bring involved. Open your ****ing eyes, your stupidity disguists me.

Bob Dole
01-01-2007, 02:18 PM
It does not sound random at all-they were stopped next to this other car for some reason. :hmmm:

A red light perhaps?

Seriously. Go be a phuqtard in another thread.

Halfcan
I never said it was not a tragedy, so you guys need to calm down. Maybe it was just a random senseless driveby limo shooting as they were on their way home. I was just suggesting that it sounds like a typical drug deal gone bad.

Mecca
Halfcan bringing the "he was a thug and brought it upon himself" card.......why am I not surprised by this?

Mile High Mania
01-01-2007, 02:19 PM

After this reply, I'm done with you. Why don't you read some of the comments on the Net. Sounds like there was an altercation at a nightclub and the players left in the limo... supposedly, they were followed by a car and they pulled up next to the limo and fired off the shots.

Jackass.

Rausch
01-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Halfcan bringing the "he was a thug and brought it upon himself" card.......why am I not surprised by this?

It's a little too early right now to say what happened. Do they have a suspect or motive yet?...

KCChiefsMan
01-01-2007, 02:21 PM
thats horrible

Rain Man

Seriously, there's no place to stop at that intersection if they were on Speer. There's a creek on two corners, a large condo complex on one, and a high school baseball field on one. The only reason they could've been next to each other is a stop light.

That's not ruling out that something didn't happen elsewhere and they knew each other, but there's not much way to stop anywhere near this intersection.

Halfcan
Yeah, no; however, you may be watching too much of it. The news likes to blame drugs and money in these cases... heaven forbid our society actuallly believe there are ****ing morons out there that would take a man's life... or anyones life for that matter without drugs and money bring involved. Open your ****ing eyes, your stupidity disguists me.

Open your eyes-maybe it was just a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time-but the whole thing sound pretty strange. Just saying it has the markings of a drug deal gone bad.

KChiefsQT
I never said it was not a tragedy, so you guys need to calm down. Maybe it was just a random senseless driveby limo shooting as they were on their way home. I was just suggesting that it sounds like a typical drug deal gone bad.

I'm seriously suggesting you quit rambling. It's dipshits like you that will give our community a bad name. You sound like a drunkin raider nation fan with no sense whatsoever. Keep your conclusions to yourself in cases where a young man's life has been taken and people are grieving such a huge loss. You Are A Classless Idiot.

Cochise
01-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Doesn't the mod community ban people for being tards and exhibiting no decorum around a death? A vacation seems to be in order.

Mecca
01-01-2007, 02:25 PM
It's just typical Halfcan...

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Did I say that-jeez you guys are emotional today. Lots of players have been in these type of altercations-and most were not just random drive bys-there had to be SOME reason they would unload a gun into the limo.

Lots of crazy freakin people out there. The could of just pissed off the wrong dude that had no idea who they were??

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Staged??! Bad shit happens, when you get into fights, they just ran into some hardasses....yeah cause the donkeys players are all into dealing illegal drugs and shit. Stupid....

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Doesn't the mod community ban people for being tards and exhibiting no decorum around a death? A vacation seems to be in order.

Why don't you eat shit-I was not making fun in the least-sorry to mearly suggest somthing else could be involved instead of a random drive by.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm seriously suggesting you quit rambling. It's dipshits like you that will give our community a bad name. You sound like a drunkin raider nation fan with no sense whatsoever. Keep your conclusions to yourself in cases where a young man's life has been taken and people are grieving such a huge loss. You Are A Classless Idiot.

Why don't you take a chill pill. Others suggest gamblers and every other scenerio. They might not ever find out what happened. This will be a huge loss for the Donks and I was not making light of it in the least-so don't compare me to a Fader fan.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks Chiefs fans. We appreciate it.

RIP, D-Will.

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Why don't you take a chill pill. Others suggest gamblers and every other scenerio. They might not ever find out what happened. This will be a huge loss for the Donks and I was not making light of it in the least-so don't compare me to a Fader fan.

I have to chuckle that she called you a "classless idiot" and a Raiders fan, and you find the Raider comment more objectionable. You're definitely one of us.

ClevelandBronco
01-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I'd just like to thank everyone here for their condolences and just general class. I know that as things our know, our teams rivalry is stronger than before, but reading this reminds me why I will always consider the Chiefs and their fans to be respected rivals.

Well said, and worth saying twice.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I have to chuckle that she called you a "classless idiot" and a Raiders fan, and you find the Raider comment more objectionable. You're definitely one of us.

Being called a fader fan was uncalled for-I was not making fun of this death in the least. I hate the Donks as much as anyone-but past the game would not want death on them. The guy had a family, and never deserved to be shot down in his prime.

With all the other silly would have could haves being thrown around-I was merely suggesting the first thing that came to mind-drugs. I have had two Meth houses in my neighborhood-shootings, fires-all from drugs-and I live 3 blocks from the police station. It is the #1 leader in violent crimes with alcohol a close second.

I just hope they get the bastards that did it. RIP and sorry Donk fans if my post seemed insensitive-they were not meant to be disrespectful.

ksushark
01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
It's always sad to hear of a life taken, especially at such a young age. My condolences to Darrent's family, friends and fans.

sedated
01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
goddamm shame to have someone's life ended prematurely.

RIP, best wishes to the family.

(but many people not involved in sports have died this year, and they should not be overlooked simply because they can't intercept a pass)

Tactical Funky
01-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Well said, and worth saying twice.
Thanks; respect to you guys as well.

I'm sorry Halfcan had to open his idiotic mouth and ruin the latter half of this thread... :shake:

I'm still in disbelief over this whole matter. :(

CanadaKC
01-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Very sad....he was (yet again) one of Denver's great draft picks...the discrepency between how the Chiefs draft and the Broncos has always irked me. Much like how we passed on Darnell Docket and Chris Henry....who's the boneheads in the Chiefs warroom? Anyways...RIP DW...you were a great talent.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Weird that is the same area Joey Porter was shot.

HonestChieffan
01-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Sounds like the Houston Paper is picking up on more details and depth. The place they were at is supposedly been running under two names, has no signs, is in an old warehouse in an area that is sorta on the comeback from beeing pretty "seedY...thats in Houston paper story so dont bash me...

The deal was a birthday party for one of the ex Nugget players( who had a bad history)

I have a funny feeling on this whole thing but no doubt the media will get to the botton regardless of what the Bronco PR machine turns out.

Pure and simple tragic and what a loss to two kids. No sense to it from any angle at all.

GROB
01-01-2007, 04:50 PM

I'm sorry Halfcan had to open his idiotic mouth and ruin the latter half of this thread... :shake:

I read a few pages and a lot of classy posts. Didn't really expect it but hey football is a game and when you are talking about someones life cheifs and broncos hatred torwards each other doesn't stand up much as far as I'm concerned. I don't like to see young people get killed and I feel for Williams young kids.

Thanks for the support of D. Williams over here at the planet.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Sounds like the Houston Paper is picking up on more details and depth. The place they were at is supposedly been running under two names, has no signs, is in an old warehouse in an area that is sorta on the comeback from beeing pretty "seedY...thats in Houston paper story so dont bash me...

The deal was a birthday party for one of the ex Nugget players( who had a bad history)

I have a funny feeling on this whole thing but no doubt the media will get to the botton regardless of what the Bronco PR machine turns out.

Pure and simple tragic and what a loss to two kids. No sense to it from any angle at all.

Watch out folks are touchy- it was an angry gambler that got him according to some on here-lol

A nugget player was shot in that same area as Porter and Williams. Darrent might not have been the target from what it sounds like. It is all over the Fort Worth News in Texas because Williams was from there. What a senseless tragedy. The police have issued a description of the vehicle so maybe someone will come forward.

plbrdude
01-01-2007, 05:00 PM
my condolances go out to the williams family and the bronco's organization and fans.

ROYC75
01-01-2007, 05:15 PM
W O W , I have been out of town and just now seen this.....

Thoughts and prayers to the Williams family and Broncos Team / Nation.

Florida_Bronco
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM

This whole forum has been very classy over this, and there is no way Half-brain could take that away.

WilliamTheIrish
01-01-2007, 06:44 PM

How about you linky this Houston article so you don't get bashed for taking license with a story?

Iowanian
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Not unlike the Bronco fans in the past, whom I've seen have a good laugh about DT's death....You're being one ignorant cocksucker, and its an embarrassment to this board.

Stop typing until you find some class in your couch cushions.

Bwana
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
They just said on NFL network that they were going from one party to another (Allen Iversons Party) when it happened. They also said he died in Javon Walkers lap. They think they had some words with some "gang bangers" at the first party and they followed them and shot at their vehicle. I hope they catch these vile piles of crap soon and give them the fuggen chair. :shake:

KrazyKorean4
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I just heard the other guys int he limo were Jevon Walker (Broncs WR) and some other WR with the Broncos. It's said Walker was holding Williams in his lap when he died.

Jesus Christ, it's horrible. I'm still choked up about it. We have so much history and rivalry with them, and as much as the fans say they hate the other's team, it's really out of emence respect. Emence and total respect for each other. I hope they catch the spineless piecees of shit that did this and just bludgon those low life mother****ers. A couple of "badass" gang bangers. More like low life losers, is what those bastards are. Nothing more. They're dirt. Things like this shouldn't happen, in the NFL, or any where. What the **** is up with the world? It's buyllshit, and it's unfair.

ChiTown
01-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow!

Thoughts, prayers out to the Bronco fans. I just got back home from skiing in Colorado. Somehow I missed this news.......

Totally tragic!

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Javon Walker

http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Darrent%20Williams%20killed/13.jpg

Al Bundy
01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice job of mucking up the 2nd half of the thread Halfcrotch.

Buck
01-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Javon Walker

Wow, just wow.

booger
01-01-2007, 08:02 PM
They just said on NFL network that they were going from one party to another (Allen Iversons Party) when it happened. They also said he died in Javon Walkers lap. They think they had some words with some "gang bangers" at the first party and they followed them and shot at their vehicle. I hope they catch these vile piles of crap soon and give them the fuggen chair. :shake:

I first saw about the tragedy on the crawler on NFL network, then heard these comments from Shefter. Leaving Carmelo Anthony's part on the way to AI's. The part about DW dieing in Walkers lap just makes me cringe. All situations are different but I have a family member who discovered his father after he committed suicide years ago. That had a very big effect emotionally on the rest of his life, understandibly. That just reminded me of it when I heard what you did. I'm sure the NFL, and the broncos will have the necessary crisis people available to Walker and all people involved as well as all of the people this effects.

I really hope the media gives Walker his space and respect.

I also share the same thoughts as the rest on the board of this tragic, stupid, unessesary act that happened to Darrent.

He was a rival but you had to respect the player he was becoming. And obviously what has been mentioned about his living the dream and seeming to have a pretty good life for himself and plans for free kids football camps etc. Just getting the ball rolling.

Truly saddening.

RIP

Thoughts and prayers to DW and Family, Broncos Org and Fans.

Ultra Peanut
01-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Why was he out in a Limo after losing? Must have thought the Playoffs were in the bag and had it reserved I guess??Because it's New Year's Eve and he'd had a very bad day at work.

Football players aren't robots.

Sounds like they were making a drug deal that went bad- when will the NFl test them again? It was party time.Go die in a fire.

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Just to clear up a few facts, this is not the same area where the Nuggets player and Joey Porter were shot. Very different parts of town for all three, so that's not a pattern.

I know the address that they're talking about, now that I read it. It's on a block that's been a little rundown in the past, and it's one of the last blocks that hasn't really turned around yet in a neighborhood that's really gone upscale over the past ten years. It's got some existing businesses that point more to the past - pawn shop, liquor store, etc. I think the club is either pretty new or it's very low-key, because I didn't even know there was a club there and I walk in that area all the time.

The thing that puzzles me most about this is why the limo was still parked there the next morning. Unless the driver was shot or the vehicle was somehow disabled, that location is three blocks from a Level I trauma center. Denver Health Medical Center is at 8th and Speer, three blocks away. Why didn't the limo driver hustle them over there?

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I first saw about the tragedy on the crawler on NFL network, then heard these comments from Shefter. Leaving Carmelo Anthony's part on the way to AI's. The part about DW dieing in Walkers lap just makes me cringe. All situations are different but I have a family member who discovered his father after he committed suicide years ago. That had a very big effect emotionally on the rest of his life, understandibly. That just reminded me of it when I heard what you did. I'm sure the NFL, and the broncos will have the necessary crisis people available to Walker and all people involved as well as all of the people this effects.

I really hope the media gives Walker his space and respect.

I also share the same thoughts as the rest on the board of this tragic, stupid, unessesary act that happened to Darrent.

He was a rival but you had to respect the player he was becoming. And obviously what has been mentioned about his living the dream and seeming to have a pretty good life for himself and plans for free kids football camps etc. Just getting the ball rolling.

Truly saddening.

RIP

Thoughts and prayers to DW and Family, Broncos Org and Fans.

hope the killers weren't connected to Anthony...

booger
01-01-2007, 08:20 PM
hope the killers weren't connected to Anthony...
i would hope not either

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 08:22 PM
and by "connected" I mean "friends of any type"

John_Locke
01-01-2007, 08:43 PM
wow

absolutely horrible. Too young, too mindless and too sad. Sounded like he DW had some great plans for children's charity.

It always angers me when things like this happen. This world is rough and life has less meaning for some.

I hope they catch them quick.

I say bring back the town square hanging and forget all these appeals and shite. String em up and make it instant

MeaTy The Pimp
01-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Condolences to Williams Family, the Broncos Organization, and their fans. Truly tragic.

Kerberos
01-02-2007, 07:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716828

I know buckinkeading said it earlier but this says that Javon Walker was in the Limo at the time of the shooting. Bet he knows what's up and they have been grilling him since.

DENVER -- The tears are only a thought away.

Every time Rosalind Williams thinks about her son, Darrent, they start falling again.

"He was hardworking, just full of life and big hearted," she said from a suburban Denver hotel room Monday night.

Williams, 24, who just completed his second season with the Denver Broncos, was killed Monday in a drive-by shooting following an altercation at a nightclub.

"All I can say is he did more in his 24 years ... maybe that's why he did so much because he knew his time on Earth was limited," Rosalind Williams said. "All day I've been in tears. I've been sick all day. If you say one wrong thing, I'll grieve. I'm taking it one minute at a time. I can't say one hour -- minute by minute. One minute I'm OK, and the next I'm not."

She said she's searching for answers about her only child's final moments. She wants to talk to receiver Javon Walker, who reportedly was in the limousine with Williams.

"I can't bring Dee back," she said. "I do want his killer brought to justice. If we turn the other cheek and let it go, that's saying it's OK to carry guns, do a drive-by. I pray for the killer that he gets his life right."

Williams' mother said she was comforted by the words of Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, who visited her hotel room Monday afternoon.

"It meant the world to me that Mr. Shanahan came to the hotel and had a talk with me," she said.

Williams was a second-round draft choice in 2005 out of Oklahoma State and teamed with Champ Bailey to give Denver one of the NFL's top cornerback tandems.

Funeral arrangements tentatively are planned for Saturday at Great Commission Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas, where Williams grew up.

Last month, he said he wanted to go to Fort Worth to talk to kids about staying out of street gangs.

His mother said those dreams don't have to die with him.

"I want every kid to know to live their life to the fullest," she said. "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."

tomahawk kid
01-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Javon Walker

Jesus.

I can't imagine the emotions going through that young man's head right now.

Cntrygal
01-02-2007, 09:43 AM
:(

Soupnazi
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Terrible news for his friends, family, and teammates. Sorry for all the Broncos fans out there. It's a real shame that someone's life can be snuffed out so easily and senselessly at such a young age. I can't imagine the trauma that those others in the limo experienced, and will have to deal with in the future.

That being said, I'll never understand why pro athletes always seem to find themselves in this kind of position. It seems like there's always some negative event associated with being out until 2 am at the club. Not justifying it in any way, but it's all too easy to get yourself in a compromising position in that environment.

I hope the authorities out there move quickly to get the piece of dirt that did it and lock his ass up for good.

ferrarispider95
01-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Please don't let halfcan statements reflect Chiefsplanet, he is a dumbass looking for attention.

My condolences and prayers go out to his family.
RIP

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Please don't let halfcan statements reflect Chiefsplanet Halfcan's an idiot. Anyone who's spent any time here at all knows that.

Demonpenz
01-02-2007, 12:07 PM
When you are that young you feel like nothing can stop you.