PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone so happy? The Chiefs just got a worse draft position.

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 09:22 AM
ROFL

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 09:24 AM
the best part of being in the playoffs?

a week of full media attention...every paper, every show...

I love it.

Easy 6
01-01-2007, 09:26 AM
We also just got a shot at a beatable team & sweet, sweet REVENGE.

Iowanian
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I love being in the playoffs. I gave them zero chance to get in. Lamar Miracled their ass into the playoffs.

In the big picture, I still do worry though, that this will stop from happening what needs to happen. There needs to be alot of change on this team.

...and as bad as it sounds, poor draft position doesn't help that.

That said.

I was at the 03 game. I remember the pain and frustration. There would be no more perfect revenge than to see a Chiefs team come out of nowhere, go into Indy and Pound the living dogshit out of the Colts....at home.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 09:32 AM
I love being in the playoffs. I gave them zero chance to get in. Lamar Miracled their ass into the playoffs.

In the big picture, I still do worry though, that this will stop from happening what needs to happen. There needs to be alot of change on this team.

it will definitely shine up a turd, so to speak....it could also do the opposite: if Trent plays like shit again his career as a Chief is done, imho

ideally, we'll enjoy the playoffs, win a game, and then rebuild anyways...

milkman
01-01-2007, 09:32 AM
It's true, we've hurt our draft position.

I will be lamenting that fact as we head into the offseason.

I will really be pissed if we manage to somehow end up with the 32nd pick.

......Oh, wait.

Iowanian
01-01-2007, 09:42 AM
That, WOULD be difficult to stomach on draft day wouldn't it.....

Baby Lee
01-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Yesterday, 03:33 PM
Well he has a point........

I just enjoy how every year we win games at the end and cost ourselves 7 draft spots.
Yesterday, 03:51 PM
I hear ya, why I'll betcha even now the Rat will show his obvious genius and lose to the 49ers, costing us EVEN MORE draft positions.

;)

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 09:47 AM
;)
If only it would have been in the form of a quatrain.

http://www.sternwarte-ueberlingen.de/vortraege/nostradamus/nostradamus.gif

dirk digler
01-01-2007, 09:48 AM

That said.

I was at the 03 game. I remember the pain and frustration. There would be no more perfect revenge than to see a Chiefs team come out of nowhere, go into Indy and Pound the living dogshit out of the Colts....at home.

Yep.

IMO this teams needs to plug alot of holes next year but I will take the playoff spot and hopefully revenge on the Colts.

But I feel sorry for you season ticket holders next year.

gblowfish
01-01-2007, 09:49 AM
In order to win the Super Bowl, you gotta make the tourney.

And wouldn't it be great if we could hand Indy a giant Sh*tburger like they did to us, not once, but TWICE?

Man, that would be the best.

It will also be great to see guys like Will Shields get one more shot in the playoffs. He's had a great career, and being able to send him out as a playoff participant is wonderful.

No matter what happens, making the playoffs is a big step in the right direction for this franchise. Enjoy the ride!

DomerNKC
01-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Pittsburg barely made the playoffs last year.

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 11:02 AM
In other news. Herm Edwards has already accomplished as much as Dick Vermeil did during his whole tenure.

Hoover
01-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I think its great to give our young players a taste of the playoffs.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2007, 11:06 AM
In other news. Herm Edwards has already accomplished as much as Dick Vermeil did during his whole tenure.

This has nothing to do with Herm, Lamar sent us a miracle yesterday. We were 10-6 last year and didn't make it, now were 9-7 and at 4:00 yesterday no one thought it possible we would be in.

Baconeater
01-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I think its great to give our young players a taste of the playoffs.
I totally agree. There's nothing bad about a playoff appearance.

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 11:08 AM
This has nothing to do with Herm, Lamar sent us a miracle yesterday. We were 10-6 last year and didn't make it, now were 9-7 and at 4:00 yesterday no one thought it possible we would be in.
Everything I said was true.

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I totally agree. There's nothing bad about a playoff appearance.

The Donkeys are drafting ahead of us.

Demonpenz
01-01-2007, 11:12 AM
First time in my history shit goes right for a KC sports team.

Carlota69
01-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I dont care about draft day right now. If we aren't in the playoffs we draft somewhere around 16th, whatever. we are in the playoffs, one and done we draft 17th. BFD.

But what if we are in the playoffs and miracles keep happening? What if we feed Indy a big shitburger? what if we make it to SD, a team we've already beaten and we know very well?

becoming the 6th seed is our hope for more miracles and the AFC championship game.

Now if we get that far, we have to deal with baltimore or NE, that would probably end the trip.

But, I'd rather have 2 or 3 more Weekends of Chiefs football and draft 26th, then be done and draft 16th.

KILLER_CLOWN
Everything I said was true.

Here's a cookie enjoy! :drool:

Coach
Sometimes though, a worse draft pick could be a good thing. Hali came to us in the 20th pick, despite that we finished 10-6 last year.

Maybe it can be a blessing in disguise.

Hell, I'd love a playoff win right now, even if it's sacrificing a draft spots.

StcChief
01-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Playoffs.... a few worse draft positions
Thanks I'll take a shot especially against Colts.

Baconeater
01-01-2007, 11:17 AM
The Donkeys are drafting ahead of us.
So are the Raiders.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Sometimes though, a worse draft pick could be a good thing. Hali came to us in the 20th pick, despite that we finished 10-6 last year.

Maybe it can be a blessing in disguise.

Hell, I'd love a playoff win right now, even if it's sacrificing a draft spots.

Totally agree, Carl does much better with 18-30 picks than 1-15 with the exception of Tony Gonzalez. LJ was 27 overall, Hali 20th, Sims 5th etc etc. I don't care how we made the playoffs I would gladly trade making it for picking 10 spots lower in the draft.

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I dont care about draft day right now. If we aren't in the playoffs we draft somewhere around 16th, whatever. we are in the playoffs, one and done we draft 17th. BFD.

But what if we are in the playoffs and miracles keep happening? What if we feed Indy a big shitburger? what if we make it to SD, a team we've already beaten and we know very well?

becoming the 6th seed is our hope for more miracles and the AFC championship game.

Now if we get that far, we have to deal with baltimore or NE, that would probably end the trip.

But, I'd rather have 2 or 3 more Weekends of Chiefs football and draft 26th, then be done and draft 16th.

Relax.

This thread is a joke, aimed, I suspect, primarily at Mecca, though some of us agreed with his overall veiw about draft position.

I think even Mecca would agree that actually making the playoffs is far more satisfying than gaining draft position, though I could be wrong.

If the Chiefs had won the game yesterday, but the Broncos had also won, then we would be irritated with losing some draft position.

And I'm not sure, but I don't think our position in the draft will be affected by playoff performance unless, by some miracle, we advance to the SB.

I also think we are sitting in about the 23-24 spot.

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:34 AM
So are the Raiders.

My responses in this thread, up until the last post, were just an extension of the joke.

Cochise
01-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Damnit, we should have tanked the season for a draft pick! Where is Croyle, why isn't he playing?

htismaqe
01-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Totally agree, Carl does much better with 18-30 picks than 1-15 with the exception of Tony Gonzalez. LJ was 27 overall, Hali 20th, Sims 5th etc etc. I don't care how we made the playoffs I would gladly trade making it for picking 10 spots lower in the draft.

What this does mean, however, is that we absolutely HAVE to go BAA. Taking a OT or DT in the 20's this year would be a big reach -- there's a pretty big gap between the best and the rest...

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:51 AM
What this does mean, however, is that we absolutely HAVE to go BAA. Taking a OT or DT in the 20's this year would be a big reach -- there's a pretty big gap between the best and the rest...

That should have been the approach, regardless of draft position.

htismaqe
01-01-2007, 11:55 AM
That should have been the approach, regardless of draft position.

It SHOULD be the approach, but for most teams in the NFL it's not. We're in the big money era now, and high 1st-round draft picks make way too much money, so teams tend to pick more for need the higher they pick in the round.

Jenson71
01-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Playoffs.... a few worse draft positions
Thanks I'll take a shot especially against Colts.

No kidding.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 11:56 AM
C'mon, milkman! You know we won the game yesterday because Damon Huard led up on that improbable TD drive, with that beautifully thrown pass to Eddie Kennison down the sidelines! Without that, we wouldn't be in the playoffs! [/Mecca]

milkman
01-01-2007, 12:01 PM
C'mon, milkman! You know we won the game yesterday because Damon Huard led up on that improbable TD drive, with that beautifully thrown pass to Eddie Kennison down the sidelines! Without that, we wouldn't be in the playoffs! [/Mecca]

You're confusing Mecca with Hootie.

KChiefs1
01-01-2007, 12:02 PM
The 32nd pick?

Damn Carl would really screw up that pick!

Baconeater
01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
My responses in this thread, up until the last post, were just an extension of the joke.
:doh!: Well, the Raiders are a joke, so they still fit into the context of this thread.

PastorMikH
It's true, we've hurt our draft position.

I will be lamenting that fact as we head into the offseason.

I will really be pissed if we manage to somehow end up with the 32nd pick.

I was thinking of responding with something very similar earlier today.

:)

What a shame if we had to pick 32 - that would really stink.

Bowser

It's easy to do.

PastorMikH
01-01-2007, 12:07 PM

No, Mecca would have been complaining about us winning, about the no hope of anyone else helping us, dropping our draft pic spot, and ruining LJ's future success (actually, we should probably just cut LJ after this season - history shows he's career is all but over now).

Huard's Honey Hootie was in such astonishment that she was actually struck speechless for a while.

cdcox
01-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I also think we are sitting in about the 23-24 spot.

Yep. If the Giants make the SB we could draft as early as 22nd. If we make the SB we would draft 31 or 32. Otherwise it will be 23 or 24, depending on how we, Seattle, and Dallas do in the playoffs. 23rd looks most likely.

Otter
01-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, they just took charge an marched thier way in, Super Bowl bound no doubt.

More like Cannon Fodder, glad you're happy Taco Zach.

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, they just took charge an marched thier way in, Super Bowl bound no doubt.

More like Cannon Fodder, glad you're happy Taco Zach.
Glad you aren't happy.

Best of luck with that...it is a new year but some things never change?

penchief
01-01-2007, 04:46 PM
"We don't play to win the draft." - Herm