PDA

View Full Version : Describe the atmosphere and your reaction to the Nedney field goal!

cmh6476
01-01-2007, 11:19 AM
I mean who really would have thought? Yes, I was at the game and knew by the time we got home NE and Pit had won, and was listening for updates on the AM on the way back.

But this was something that always happens to us, just being so close but never working out in our favor. I think we all felt the same on how we thought it was all going to end. Knowing our luck it'd be a focking OT tie :mad:

We were having people over later and I had to get some errands taken care of befor4e hand, but the wife knew I wasnt leavin the TV until it was official one way or another.

At this point Im home with the wife and 18 month old, they line up for the FG, the kick is up and I'm jumping up and down yelling and screaming as it goes through the uprights :clap:

the wife and kid are just kinda lookin at me confused :shrug:

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 11:20 AM
I was working at the Country Club....me and some members gathered around this huge TV they have...lots of yelling, some hugs...good times overall...there was a table of Chiefs fans...I got them a round on the house.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Honestly, I didn't think there was a chance in hell we were going to make the playoffs, so I didn't even watch it. Refused to watch it is a better way of saying it. I heard about it later as I cam up on ESPNews and heard Salisbury pick us to win against the Colts.

My reaction then was a stunned, full on "WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?!?!" Then I proceeded to do my happy dance.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I was working at the Country Club....me and some members gathered around this huge TV they have...lots of yelling, some hugs...good times overall...there was a table of Chiefs fans...I got them a round on the house.

Atta boy!

Now get all of us a round on the house!

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Then I proceeded to do my happy dance.
I am sure the family loves that.

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I went out to run some errands after the first half of the SF-Denver game.

I walked back into the house when I got home, turned the TV on just as Nedney was kicking the ball.

When it went through, I just began to laugh, and laugh...and laugh....and....

Woodrow Call
01-01-2007, 11:24 AM
After it went through I sat on the couch stunned; then after my brain finally accepted what happened I went crazy. What an amazing day. I was so wound up I didnt fall asleep till around 4:30.

DaFace
01-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I got on a plane in Tulsa, OK right about halftime in the Denver/SF game with my Bronco fan fiancee. We agreed that once we landed on the ground in Denver we would check the score on my phone to see which team had made the playoffs.

When we landed, we immediately checked the score to find that the game had gone into OT with around five minutes left. I refreshed over and over again, trying to keep up on the action. Then my phone rang from my Niners-fan brother. I knew as soon as I saw who was calling that the Niners had pulled it off.

I was still sitting on the plane, waiting to get off when he told me. I was all excited, and the people around me all assumed that I was excited because the Broncos had won. When I told them that the Niners had won and the Chiefs were going to the playoffs, I got looks of disgust from people all around me along with a few "You're kidding's."

It was a joyous occasion.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I am sure the family loves that.

For a fat cracker, I got moves.

Zebedee DuBois
01-01-2007, 11:26 AM
My jaw dropped in utter amazement. I had begun to think their OT was going to end in a tie. Unbelievable.

jab0450
01-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Me and 4 friends were heading home from the game after getting a bite to eat. Was listening to the game on the radio, when the field goal was made i quickly pulled the car over on the highway, started honking the horn, flashing lights, got out of the car jumping, screaming high fiving and of course some hugging. Then realized that were going to die if we dont move, so the celebrating continued down the road. :clap:

Bwana
01-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Pure gold. Not only did the Donks take a spanking from the 49ers in their own house, *Snicker* but in doing so, gave us a playoff spot. A lot of yelling and laughing around here. Special thanks to Jake for tossing that interception which lead to a 9ers TD!!

cdcox
01-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I did the Jon-Gruden-we-just-knocked-the-Chiefs-out-of-the-playoffs little girl dance.

Que Card QB
01-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I honestly thought he missed the field goal. When the refs hands went up, then I thought there would be a penalty. When there wasn't a penalty, then I thought Denver would challenge the missed field goal. Then my phone blew up and people were banging on the door and people were hugging me an dancin around. I still think there's a chance it will be overturned.

jjjayb
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I got on a plane in Tulsa, OK right about halftime in the Denver/SF game with my Bronco fan fiancee. We agreed that once we landed on the ground in Denver we would check the score on my phone to see which team had made the playoffs.

When we landed, we immediately checked the score to find that the game had gone into OT with around five minutes left. I refreshed over and over again, trying to keep up on the action. Then my phone rang from my Niners-fan brother. I knew as soon as I saw who was calling that the Niners had pulled it off.

I was still sitting on the plane, waiting to get off when he told me. I was all excited, and the people around me all assumed that I was excited because the Broncos had won. When I told them that the Niners had won and the Chiefs were going to the playoffs, I got looks of disgust from people all around me along with a few "You're kidding's."

It was a joyous occasion.

Rep for being on a Donko filled plane and sharing the great news with the Donkey fan scum. From this day forward that flight shall be deemed the pain plane. :clap:

Inspector
I'm still catatonic.

I'm not even typing this.

Iowanian
I had watched the game at home on tvu, watching a kid while the wife did work stuff. I'd been enjoying the game here and on donkeyminge, preparing to taste their tears.

The wife got done and we had to leave for a party at the end of regulation....I got to the house, and in the basement was a gathering of Bear and Packer fans, myself and a donk fan.....Denver was punting the final time.

When the FG went in, the donk fan shouted that it missed....I danced a jig.

Buck
01-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I was on AIM Chatting with my Chiefs Fan Friend who lives in Kansas City, KS. He was the typical pessimist(sp) after the Browns game, and he continually told me the season was over after the Browns and Ravens games...

I hate the Broncos, of course, but I was rooting especially hard for them to lose because how great would it be for one of my most hated teams not only to lose a spot in the playoffs, but have their biggest division rival take that spot.

Anyways I was really happy, and my friend sounded ecstatic.

You know its really great, your guys greatest 2006 Sports moment (except for you Cards Fans) came within 8 hours of the end of 2006...

Anyways, heres to a first round trumping over the Colts and a great Divisional Round Game between Divisional Rivals!!!

CHEERS!!! :toast:

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I was at the Chiefs game yesterday... but I didnt pay attention to the Scoreboard, so I didnt monitor the Pitt/Cincy or Patriots/Titans games... after the game while walking down the concourse... someone says... All we need now is the 49ers to beat the Broncos.

So we all start cheering FOR-TY NINE- ERS.... heh

I get home with my friend I went to the game with, and pop a beer open and watch the game... 13-0 ugh... 13-3. 13-10. 17-10 Now Im starting to get hope.

heh.

I knew that the OT wouldnt go the Chiefs way... NO WAY does the Broncos just GIVE us the playoffs. The Donkos dont ever give us ANYTHING.

But they did... I was awestruck.

Nightwish
01-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Describe the atmosphere and my reaction to the Nedney field goal? Hmm, I'm not sure how the two are related, but here goes ...

THE ATMOSPHERE

A multilayered region extending from the earth's surface to about 75 miles above the surface, give or take. It is comprised of a mixture of gases, primarily nitrogen (78%) and oxygen (21%), with other gases such as carbon dioxide and argon making up the remaining 1%.

MY REACTION TO THE NEDNEY FIELD GOAL

I was as happy as a cat turned loose on a squirrel farm, as a child on Christmas morning, as an Irishman who just won a lifetime supply of free beer, as a ... you get the picture!

Guru
01-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I have never been so involved in a game that did not involve the Chiefs. I was so spent after that game was over.

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I have never been so involved in a game that did not involve the Chiefs. I was so spent after that game was over.

yeah, I had to go to sleep afterward... due to being really drunk... and emotionally spent. Wait... I did have enough time to go talk Donko Smack.

Guru
01-01-2007, 11:55 AM
yeah, I had to go to sleep afterward... due to being really drunk... and emotionally spent. Wait... I did have enough time to go talk Donko Smack.
I take it you are a registered member to the mange then. They were blocking everyone yesterday. ROFL

siberian khatru
01-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I yelled "He MISSED it!" then saw it was good, and just started hopping around laughing. I was giddy for quite awhile, it was just so improbable. I had zero expectations and was just thrilled things finally broke our way.

crazycoffey
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
They didn't show the game in St. Louis, I'm still pissed about that, they showed Indy vs. Miami and Atlanta Vs. Philly, both games didn't even have playoff implications.

I was still all tensed from the earlier action, so my wife and I left for Dinner and a Movie, When we left, the planet was just talking about Champ's INT, since most of us were writing "game over" I decided then it was time to leave anyway.

After dinner walking out of the resturant, I glanced at the TV in the bar, and it flashed the score in the 4th, San Fran was up. It tickled my fancy but we already bought tickets for the movie and went on our way.

When I got home I started to read the Planet blog from when I had left all the way through the FG in OT. It was awesome, because even though I wasn't watching it and the game had been over for a couple hours, it was almost like I was living in that moment. Then there were several post that said "it was good", too many for a joke (which, sadly, was my first reaction) and that was, of course, the moment I jeet in my pants about the FG. Only a mere 2 hours after the fact.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2007, 12:07 PM
I was pulling my hair out, screaming at Alex Smith for being terrible, and then I thought Nedney ****ing missed it! I knew that kick meant playoffs or no playoffs, I thought he ****ing Vanderjagt'd it...but when the officials made the signal I went nuts. It was amazing, awesome, and I forgave Mike Nolan FOR GOING TO THE GOD DAMN PREVENT DEFENSE in the 4th quarter...

At least Norv ran the ball on that 3rd and 5 near the end of regulation...I would've been pissed if Denver got another chance in regulation.

TinyEvel
01-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I had been watching football all morning/day amidst a sea of distractions. My mom was visiting from out of town, the kids were rambunctious as hell, nad the wife was sick in bed.
I wsa going nuts tryiong t ofocus on the updates. I had been promising the wife all morning, "our season will be over soon. I'll take over here after my (the KC) game"

Then we won. And so Did Pitt (amazing!) and NE. Now I was locked in for the whole Denver game.
I even had a friggin' conference call with work through most of the fourth quarter :cuss:

WHen they tied and Denver won the toss, I figured it was over. OF COURSE! The irony was crazy. SF was in the same situation we were and we lost it.

When they completed that long pass to get within range I was already jumping up and down. Nobody was on theg ame chat, so I had nobody to get excited with (my mom left midway through the KC game, because she couldn't take seeing me go so crazy)

I thought he missed, it, so at first I just sat there stunned, waiting. THen the refs arms went up and I did a gheywad dual windmill-armed, side-step leaping triple longjump rom through the house, yelling "We're going to to post season We're going to the post season"
My wife even did a pretty good job of faking happiness for me.

I woke up at 4 am and laid there thinking about how we can beat Indy, and when can I get tickets to the game in SD, and wondering how much that's gonna cost me.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I was at home with my wife - she was downstairs in the backyard with the dog

I was on the phone with my brother but his feed he was getting in KC was 5 seconds ahead so I told him I would call him after we found out what happened - I told my wife to get upstairs so I could kiss her after he made it and he did and I kissed her and called my brother while she walked away calling me crazy

By the way crazycoffey, they DID show it in STL - it came on after the Falcons - Eagles game ended - that's why I got to see it

rageeumr
01-01-2007, 12:14 PM
My non-HD having buddy beeped me as Nedney was lining up with a joyous "DID YOU SEE THAT SHIT". Ruined the suspense I guess, but I scremed just the same.

Guru
01-01-2007, 12:17 PM
I had been watching football all morning/day amidst a sea of distractions. My mom was visiting from out of town, the kids were rambunctious as hell, nad the wife was sick in bed.
I wsa going nuts tryiong t ofocus on the updates. I had been promising the wife all morning, "our season will be over soon. I'll take over here after my (the KC) game"

Then we won. And so Did Pitt (amazing!) and NE. Now I was locked in for the whole Denver game.
I even had a friggin' conference call with work through most of the fourth quarter :cuss:

WHen they tied and Denver won the toss, I figured it was over. OF COURSE! The irony was crazy. SF was in the same situation we were and we lost it.

When they completed that long pass to get within range I was already jumping up and down. Nobody was on theg ame chat, so I had nobody to get excited with (my mom left midway through the KC game, because she couldn't take seeing me go so crazy)

I thought he missed, it, so at first I just sat there stunned, waiting. THen the refs arms went up and I did a gheywad dual windmill-armed, side-step leaping triple longjump rom through the house, yelling "We're going to to post season We're going to the post season"
My wife even did a pretty good job of faking happiness for me.

I woke up at 4 am and laid there thinking about how we can beat Indy, and when can I get tickets to the game in SD, and wondering how much that's gonna cost me.

I finally gave up on the gamechat since nobody was responding. I don't understand why nobody uses that. Especially when the Planet server was failing us again.

Use that Chiefs Chat guys. It is a lot of fun when there is a room full of members in there.

Boise_Chief
01-01-2007, 12:21 PM
We were sitting in the parking lot at the MPC Bowl watching it on a 12" color set. I refused to go in until the game got over. We missed part of the first quarter but it was worth it. We had a small crowd of people around us. When it went through half started screaming and half were cussing.

I do have to buy a 9ers hat and root for them in any game they play next year that isn't against the chiefs. But all in all it was a fairly inexpensive deal with the devil.

Demonpenz
01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
when nedney hit that FG i humped my TV screen then i put my nuts directly on shanarats face I got alittle bit of shock but it was worth it

crazycoffey
01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
I was at home with my wife - she was downstairs in the backyard with the dog

I was on the phone with my brother but his feed he was getting in KC was 5 seconds ahead so I told him I would call him after we found out what happened - I told my wife to get upstairs so I could kiss her after he made it and he did and I kissed her and called my brother while she walked away calling me crazy

By the way crazycoffey, they DID show it in STL - it came on after the Falcons - Eagles game ended - that's why I got to see it

It wasn't when we left, the house, guess it's all the same, if I would have watched it, the outcome would have been different.

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 12:23 PM
when nedney hit that FG i humped my TV screen then i put my nuts directly on shanarats face I got alittle bit of shock but it was worth it
You are going to come with the "bar in athcison" angle?

crazycoffey
01-01-2007, 12:23 PM

Now, that's funny!
ROFL

Buck
01-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Well before yesterday tickets were going for about 300 each, but the number will probably go up closer to the game...

http://search.ebay.com/chargers-playoff-tickets_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

On the very first result there is a Dutch Auction (not really sure what that is) that has them for $199.

Get em while they're cheap. Hopefully you guys make it and if you do maybe we can meet up at the game.

Demonpenz
01-01-2007, 12:30 PM
You are going to come with the "bar in athcison" angle?

I ain't going throught the routine today. I am just going to try to enjoy it for what it's worth. The royals blowing it year after year, the chiefs blowing year after year, we finally caught a break. Shit like this never happens to KC, hopefully we do something with it. Next week I don't want to see us playing the cover 2 bringing 4 guys only. I want to let it hang out. Take a couple personal fouls, let indy know we are here, and we are ready to party, back to the point I didn't make it out to atchison this time.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Now, that's funny!
ROFL

What makes that post by demon funny is that that post probably contains more truth in it than any other post ever typed on the Planet.

:D

TinyEvel
01-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks, Buck, Are the seats assigned yet?

Actually, I've always gotten the best deal for the SD games through Atlas Tickets. I got plaza level corners for $105 each for the last game. Though, this time I won't need 8 seats together. So, yeah, eBarf might be good.

WilliamTheIrish
01-01-2007, 12:36 PM
A very relaxed smile. When Levi posted what I was thinking in the game thread (about nedney being the kicker that KO'd us from the playoffs in 99), I knew that it was going to come full circle.

So, i watched it with a very relaxed, satisfying smile.

Demonpenz
01-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh there is no doubt my balls were on the screen, my roomate saw it. He was like dude it's just a game, I told him, If it was just a game my nuts wouldn't be getting burned by channel 3 right now

crazycoffey
I still can't believe Pollard got the ball, look at this pic, how did he do that?

Buck
Thanks, Buck, Are the seats assigned yet?

Actually, I've always gotten the best deal for the SD games through Atlas Tickets. I got plaza level corners for $105 each for the last game. Though, this time I won't need 8 seats together. So, yeah, eBarf might be good.

Don't know what you mean by assigned, but the Tickets just say Playoffs on them, no mention of any team or any round, and each ticket has its own individual seat if thats what you mean.

And as you know already all of the other teams fans usually sit on one side, you might want to look for tickets in that section because Chargers fans probably won't want to sit there as much and the price of the tickets may be lower.

Demonpenz
01-01-2007, 12:41 PM
that was an awesome play by pollard but can that picture be gayer?

TinyEvel
01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Don't know what you mean by assigned, but the Tickets just say Playoffs on them, no mention of any team or any round, and each ticket has its own individual seat if thats what you mean.

And as you know already all of the other teams fans usually sit on one side, you might want to look for tickets in that section because Chargers fans probably won't want to sit there as much and the price of the tickets may be lower.

Yep, that's what I meant. (seat numbers) and definitely Chiefs side.
Let's hope I have the need to buy them!

StcChief
01-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Was at Rookies in Wentzville....STL CBS was showing Manning's Colts vs Miami. :)

I was Only Chief fan there. some Lamb fans .......

One Donx fan. ordering 'To go Wings'

He left before it was over, but not before I told him "Donxs would implode."

SWEET. most of the Rams fans didn't realize CHIEFS had made the playoffs WTF? but they did congratulate me.....Glad to see a MO team in playoffs. So I guess they aren't all bad.... :)

leviw
01-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I watched the whole game and accidently let myself get my hopes up when the Niners took the 17-13 lead. I promised myself I wouldn't, but it was this close. I was in too deep to quit caring.

The rest of the game I was sitting/kneeling/laying on the floor. My palms were sweating. My heart was racing. My stomach was churning.

I popped a Nexium.

I knew things like this didn't happen to the Chiefs. They and we are always destined for heartbreak. But for some reason, I had a feeling. Like William, it was a calming one. Even when it went to OT, I still believed that something special was going to happen.

My girlfriend called trying to set our final plans for the night. I told her I couldn't think about that kind of stuff. Of course she asked why. Against by better judgement, I told her, risking a jinx. She seemed underwhelmed and said she'd call back.

She did as the Niners were clearly in FG range on the final drive. She was trying to talk about New Year's plans, and apparently it was obvious I wasn't paying attention to a word she was saying. She said she'd call back again. I said, "My roommate is gone. No one is here. Please stay on the phone and help me through this."

She asked what channel it was on. I said 6.

Nedney lined it up. "I was yelling into the phone, 'Please, Joe. Please.'" The kick looked good.

But then, all of a sudden, it didn't.

It kept hooking. I said, "Oh no. He missed it." Then the refs hands went up. I screamed. My girlfriend laughed. I said, "We're going to the playoffs!" She said, "But there's still like two minutes left."

A call beeped in from my mom, who had called me in a frenzy earlier after the Chiefs game searching at home for my mini 49ers helmet to put on the TV for good luck.

I hung up on my girlfriend for being ignorant saying there was "like two minutes left".

My mom was screaming. She was ecstatic, as was I. She said she had prayed all day for this. I said I had too, though I didn't think God cared much about the Chiefs. She said she guessed He did.

I said, well Lamar does. Maybe he convinced Him.

ChiefaRoo
01-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I was at my place with two 19 year old naked Thai girls, a case of KY and Tequila and my spiritual guru Raja. As Nedney lined up to kick the ball I felt my Shockras align with the universe and I became Nedney as he struck the ball. The ball drifted right as one of the girls accidently used her teeth on my jimmy at that moment but my energy held and victory was assured.

Demonpenz
01-01-2007, 01:01 PM
man seriously **** the broncos

StcChief
01-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I was at my place with two 19 year old naked Thai girls, a case of KY and Tequila and my spiritual guru Raja. As Nedney lined up to kick the ball I felt my Shockras align with the universe and I became Nedney as he struck the ball. The ball drifted right as one of the girls accidently used her teeth on my jimmy at that moment but my energy held it and victory was assured.

I guess that tops mine :clap:

DeezNutz
01-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I was leaning so far to the right that I thought I was going to fall down in the kitchen, and when the ball obstructed my view of the post, my neighbors knew about it.

stevieray
01-01-2007, 01:19 PM
(This reply is from the Mrs....)

So Stevo says to me while I'm putting all the Christmas stuff away-

"Hon, will you please convert the video of my reaction to last night's 49er/Donkey game so that I can post it on this topic?"

I guess it took me too long cuz now he's asleep on the couch.

Anyway, here is the link. Hope I did this right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U8O_xC3NRw

DaFace
01-01-2007, 01:22 PM

"Hon, will you please convert the video of my reaction to last night's 49er/Donkey game so that I can post it on this topic?"

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Nice long undies, by the way. :thumb:

leviw
01-01-2007, 01:24 PM

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

Hilarious.

Crush
01-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Is there a high quality clip of the kick in all its glory? I was too busy screaming and dancing to bask in the disappointment of the Donkeys.

Rausch
01-01-2007, 01:41 PM
**** the jagwads and **** denber.

I honestly don't think they felt like getting their $3it pushed in for the 3rd time by Indy in round 1...

kcfanintitanhell
01-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I was in a hotel room in Asheville, NC watching. I had gone down to a sports bar and watched the Chiefs game, with the Steelers-Bengals and Patriot-Titans on adjacent TV's. When I got back to the room, the network had switched over to the Broncos-Niners. At the exact moment the ball was snapped for the game-winning field goal, one of my dogs jumped on the bed and hit the remote. After getting the remote back and refinding the channel, I saw all the Niners celebrating. I jumped up, ran out the door, and ran screaming down the hall like a madman.
In retrospect, I think my dog did it on purpose, knowing that if I actually watched it, Nedney would have missed.
BTW-wasn't Nedney the kicker for the Chiefs that was a major contributor to Oakland knocking us out of a playoff spot by kicking out of bounds to start the overtime period back when Gun was coach?

leviw
01-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I was in a hotel room in Asheville, NC watching. I had gone down to a sports bar and watched the Chiefs game, with the Steelers-Bengals and Patriot-Titans on adjacent TV's. When I got back to the room, the network had switched over to the Broncos-Niners. At the exact moment the ball was snapped for the game-winning field goal, one of my dogs jumped on the bed and hit the remote. After getting the remote back and refinding the channel, I saw all the Niners celebrating. I jumped up, ran out the door, and ran screaming down the hall like a madman.
In retrospect, I think my dog did it on purpose, knowing that if I actually watched it, Nedney would have missed.
BTW-wasn't Nedney the kicker for the Chiefs that was a major contributor to Oakland knocking us out of a playoff spot by kicking out of bounds to start the overtime period back when Gun was coach?

Nedney kicked the game-winner for Oakland.

cmh6476
01-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I still can't believe Pollard got the ball, look at this pic, how did he do that?
I was 2 rows off the field right where the Chiefs gang-tackled Pollard behind the end zone PBJ PBJ

KCinNY
01-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Put my 1 year old to bed at the start of the second half when the 9ers were down 13-3. I came back downstairs just in time to see the pick 6 that put 'em up 17-13.

When Nedney first kicked it...I thought it was headed wide...but it sailed through and I did a horrific white man dance.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 01:59 PM
well, I was banging redrum's mom when....

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh there is no doubt my balls were on the screen, my roomate saw it. He was like dude it's just a game, I told him, If it was just a game my nuts wouldn't be getting burned by channel 3 right now

ROFL

Aristotelian logic at its finest.

siberian khatru
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM

OMG, that is really you!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thanks for posting that! ROFL ROFL

tk13
01-01-2007, 02:23 PM

LMAO Yep, that was pretty much it.

redngold85
01-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I was at work until right before denver's last touchdown, constantly checking the score on my phone...then got home and proceeded to say "watch it be a overtime tie and we don't get in"...then they hit the field goal and we all went nuts

I called my dad right away...cause he was still at work...but he didn't answer because he thinks that bad karma happens when I call him about the Chiefs...

but yeah...a lot of screaming and yelling...and jumping around...followed by random "the Chiefs are in the playoffs" statements throughout the night

awesome

Chief Roundup
01-01-2007, 02:47 PM
yelling hell yeah , we are in, and such.

Bwana
01-01-2007, 03:37 PM

ROFL

That is pure gold right there!! :thumb:

Nzoner
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM

That was awesome!!

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I was travelling all day yesterday (first flight was SUPPOSED to leave 6:55am PST and last flight touched down 7PM EST). I had a brief layover in Dallas where I was able to watch the end of the 2nd quarter and beginning of the 3rd of the Chiefs game.

When I landed in Fort Lauderdale my phone rang immediately with my buddy informing me that the 9ers were winning 17-13. When I got off the plane I found a tv in the terminal and watched the Donks only get 3 out of a 1st and goal situation. 17-16.

When I got to my car my friend called again to let me know that it just went into OT and that Dungver won the toss. After failing to find the game on AM radio I tuned into NBC's football night in america on the FM station.

They never updated the game. I was waiting... and waiting... and waiting... and waiting..

Just before the kickoff of the Bears/Pack game Bob Costas came on and said that they 9ers were attempting a FG in overtime. Then he said it's up.....and it's GOOD!!

No one in the car could hear anything the next couple of minutes as I screamed my head off the rest of the drive home.

Nzoner
01-01-2007, 04:10 PM
In order to describe my experience I have to set up this story by starting at 12 noon.Myself and 2 buddies and their wives all meet at Minsky's on Barry Road,we have perfect seats as KC,Titans & Bengals are on the 3 tv's right in front of our table.

Anyhow,we get to watch the noon games unfold to perfection and then the Donks-9er's kick-off.By now,we're feeling no pain but also know that we have to leave for our hotel at halftime because we have to get ready to go to our New Year's Eve party at Knuckleheads.

My mrs is the designated driver so as she's driving us to the hotel we have the game on Sirius.We get to the hotel with not alot of time to spare as we have to catch a free shuttle to the bar.

So we're in our rooms with the game on and then have to leave early in the 4th quarter.As we're on the shuttle(and it was a fair drive)my cell phone begins to ring and I have 2 different calls from friends who are giving me a play by play and I'm relaying to the other 16 or so people on the shuttle who all are KC fans.

We get to Knuckleheads and I spot a tv,NOT ON THE GAME.I go up and ask a guy if he can turn the game on and I swear he looks at me and says,"dude the game was over hours ago."

I politely explain to him what's going on the tv gets changed but no sound can be put on because the bands are having soundcheck.So there we are about 20 of us gathered around the tv drinking beer and watching overtime.

As Nedney lines up the MC announces the first solo artist and as the refs arms go up a huge cheer erupts and I had to think the musician thought alright these guys love me already.

plbrdude
01-01-2007, 05:20 PM
we had just checked into a motel cause i was absolutely tired of driven'. we were outside of st.louis and the game kept fading on the radio. got in the room in time to see the 49ers make the bronks punt. so we watch the 49ers drive, they line up, i explain why in this situation you kick on 3rd down to my wife, and then i watch the kick. i start holerin that it's good, and the announcer says, it's no good, he missed it. i about puked and said that went through. then they replayed it and all was good.

KC_Connection
01-02-2007, 02:51 AM
My miracle Sunday:), just my thoughts put together:

I started my day much like any other Sunday in Toronto, waking up at around 12:30, watching a bit of pre-game, and then turning on my NFL package to watch the Chiefs. Heading into the day, I really didn't think we would make the playoffs (as nobody did, of course), as one of those teams was bound to win one game and wreck everything. I really didn't want to get my hopes up on something like that happening for the Chiefs, they never happen. So I went into the game just happy to enjoy one last Chiefs game before 8 months off of no meaningful football, but in the back of my mind, I admit I hoped that something "lucky" would happen.

So I watched the game by myself as I always do as unfortunately nobody that lives with me is a Chiefs fan (it being Toronto,), and the Chiefs had a good win, despite the crazy announcer making an 18 point game sound like a tie when Quinn Gray came in. During commercial breaks I'm embarrassed to admit that I kept changing to the Pitt/Cinci and Tenn/NE games, but I guess I did have some kind of hope. To my surprise, everything was falling into place. However when Willie Parker fumbled on Cinci's goal line, and Henry promptly got a TD later to take the lead, I gave up, and said "oh well." Turned it back on the Chiefs game to see the offside, and final few plays to finish our 9-7 season. I went back to the Pittsburgh game to see if it was finished, and to my delight, Big Ben was in the process of throwing a TD pass to Santonio Holmes to win the game. I later found out what had happened to even bring that game to OT, I was happy, but I still knew the Broncos needed to lose, at home, agaisnt San Francisco. I told my brother (a Bills fan), who was watching his stupid team lose yet another game on a seperate TV, that the Chiefs might just have hope. He laughed, made fun of the 49ers, and made me feel embarressed for even thinking that way.

So I watched the game while posting on here, and I was surprisingly nervous for a game that didn't involve KC. There were so many ups and downs, but San Francisco had the lead going into the final quarter because of the inconsistencies of the Broncos and Jay Cutler. They got ahead by that TD, but I was never fully confident that the 49ers were in control of that game, and I was just waiting for the play(s) that got Denver back in the game. And sure enough, the 49ers went into a prevent defense on the Broncos' final drive, allowing Jay Cutler more time than he had all day, and he just picked apart their secondary on the way to a tying TD. I was pissed, but I still held out hope for OT. Denver won the toss, and stupid John Lynch grinned. I was pissed once again, as this was the exact scenario in which Denver beat us in week 2. But sure enough, Denver choked their way through the OT, giving the 49ers several chances at the win. And seemingly, until the last few plays, they weren't doing it either. But when Gore made that run, and Smith made that pass to get them within easy range, I forgived them for having such an abysmal offense, as long as Joe Nedney made that kick.
I thought about what was happening. I didn't believe what was happening. Good things never happen to the teams I cheer for (Chiefs, Jays, Leafs, Raptors), they are doomed to bad luck, and the absence of championships. Then he made the kick. I yelled, jumped up and down, went crazy, did some crazy stupid dances, laughed in my brother's face, etc.. I hadn't reacted like that since the Blue Jays won the world series and Joe Carter hit the HR over 14 years ago. And back then, I probably was too young to even realize the importance of that, and fully enjoy it. And this wasn't even the Chiefs doing something, heck it wasn't even a championship, it was just a playoff berth, but I went nuts. I started getting calls from a few family members in KC who were watching the game, they were as pumped up as I was. My mom (born in KC) called from the hospital, she had watched Nedney make the kick as well. It's just too bad none of my friends up here really care about the NFL too much (excluding the Super Bowl, and even then it's basically just a social event, and not too much game watching when we get together), and certainly don't give a **** about the Kansas City Chiefs. I had nobody to celebrate it with on New Year's Eve, and with their being no party among them this year, I stayed home and celebrated. It all ended at 4:30AM because I couldn't fall asleep, but what a day it was.

*Sorry about the long post, I just couldn't keep my feelings about the day to a short paragraph.

KC_Connection
01-02-2007, 02:56 AM

Haha, that was my pretty much my initial reaction.

ChiefaRoo
01-02-2007, 03:03 AM
I found your choice of "around the house wear" to be... welll.... troubling. I do like your Elvis doo though. " ah thank ya' very much" "Now I'm gonna do a little playoff dance for you nice folks"

KurtCobain
01-02-2007, 03:13 AM
I was watching it standing about three feet from the living room tube, and when the ball soared through the uprights I threw my bottle of bud-ice at the floor and was tackled by my brother who was screaming. The wife gave me shit over the bottle, but I cleaned it up after the blood came back to my brain.

The Red Sea
01-02-2007, 07:58 AM
I was at work till the end of the first qaurter.
I should mention I live in NY so any news coming inot work wasnt first & foremost about KC or their hopes for a miracle.
I finally got wind of the fact that a Couple of the teams KC needed to lose lost so I was smiling & Not smiling fully knowing The Donkeys would crush the 49'ers & I'd have to watch it when I got home.

The ride home I then heard it was insanely true..all the teams KC needed to lose lost!
I drove a bit umm fast to get home to the Donkey game flew up the driveway ran into the house gave the wife a kiss asked for GL high fives from my too young to fully understand sons ran by the fridge grabbed a Cold one turned the TV on Then slumped over cracking my beer as the miracle dreams had ended..already 13-0 Donks.(hows that for a run on sentance? =P)

I decided to torture myself and watch the game as my now wife was mad at me for blowing by the family grabbing the Instant home Beer & plopping in front of the TV.
I tried to explain the Chiefs need the donks to lose etc..& so forth..
At this time I'm dissapointed so slightly grumbling back at her...
Then the game started to slowly turn around.
I cracked beer 2,3,4..so on & so on.
The wife said if they lose & youve got the Chiefs lost buzz on of supreme dissapointment later you'd better go for a long walk in the cold or something later!
The bummer fate of a Wife of a Chiefs fan I guess... lol

K now the 49'ers are Actually in the lead.
Then the donks as I FULLY expected marched down the field to tie it up.
Then the 49ers pulled off that reverse & I jumped right thru the roof!
Almost in FG range..C'mon Gore!!!!
Then it happened FG range...the donks fans are beginning to cry I cracked another cold one.

THE FG attempt was in the air I couldnt bare to watch I kept one eye on the screen.
Then it looked close & the announcer said It missed & I Yellled F!ck!!!! then they said no it was good & I Yelled.. F1CK..YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Danced around the house on a cloud for an hour.
Then the next hour was kissing up to the wife...before getting back to this forum & watching anything on TV talkin Chiefs!!

YES my post was meant to sound like a Rant..cause well that was the atmosphere part of it u asked for!!

lol

Its how my day was here in NY..how I felt & the insane atmosphere that it was!!!

Side note the next day at work everyone was giving me congrats.
The next day most media is going with LJ to win it!..er the Chiefs to win it!

=P

THE END

Frazod
01-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Honestly, I quit watching the game when the Donx went up 13-0; seriously, who would have thought Denver would do anything but slaughter them? So I hit the TiVo record button just in case there was some miraculous finish and did other things.

Later, the wife and I had reservations at Maggiano's (nice Italian restaurant) at 6:45. When I walked in the bar, I glanced up at the TV and saw that the game was TIED IN OVERTIME :eek: When we were seated, I could barely see the TV from the table. I wasn't able to see the ball go through, but I could tell by the 49ers' reactions that the attempt was good.

It was very difficult for me maintain my shit, but the middle of a classy restaurant is no place to jump up and down screaming DENVER SUCKS. :D

I did watch the end of the game later. God, that was beautiful. A choke job for the ages. :thumb:

Chief Henry
01-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Sitting on my moms couch after SEVEN hours of football. I got excited and went out into the kitchen to fix a plate of awesom leftovers from my moms Christmas.

Sunday afternoons football of Seven 1/2 hours was long but very very entertaining for sure.

Chiefs_Fan
01-02-2007, 08:32 AM
I was glued to the TV, being rude to my New Years guests. It's OK they were RAMS fans! I must have seemed link an idiot. Got some strange looks after the ball went through!

Easy 6
01-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I was home alone, the kick is good, time stood still, it got VERY quiet for 20-30 seconds...i then let out a MAGNIFICENT WOOOOOOYEAHHHHHH!!!

Nothing pre-meditated, it just spilled out.

It was a GREAT afternoon.

Jr_Captain
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Wife and I flipped channels all day long keeping our hope alive. I was pretty much wore out and drunk by the time the 49'ers took the field.
Cusing and screaming at the 9'ers but yet cheering them on. Wife was getting a headache from all my yelling.
Overtime comes and now she is piching her nose saying it's numb. Bronco's punt and 9'ers are driving.
Out comes the Field Goal team.
Wife and I are trying to hold each other up as we kneel and PRAY.
Anouncer says it's up and No Good my heart stops, I think my eyes are lying, looked good. I see the REFS arms go up. I almost Pee myself, Wife falls over I fall on top of her screaming and yelling. I have a woody, she passes out........

Redrum_69
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I was working out watching the game, until the last 9 minutes when I couldnt concetrate and had to run the treadmill.

The gym was empty and my wife and I celebrated when he kicked it through...

On the way home I thought about Lamar and what his reaction would have been.

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I watched the Bengal game during the Chiefs game, when they won, I thought no way. I watched the entire San Fran game and when it went to OT, I said Lord all I want this year is for the Donks to lose and us to get in the playoffs.

DJay23
01-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I was in Duck, NC on the Outer Banks with some friends on a New Years excursion. Luckily we got 2 CBS stations and a Fox station there at the house we were renting so we got to watch the Chiefs game on 1 TV and the Steelers game on another (my friends are all Steelers fans). Earlier in the day we were outside playing cornhole. There is a small swimming pool in back of the house that is not cared for during the winter months and was yellow and clogged with leaves. I took a sip of beer and mentioned to the assembled mass that if all of the improbably things happened that had to happen (actually i felt only Denver losing was the most unrealistic) I would do a belly flop into that pool, with whatever clothes on I was wearing.

So I watched the Chiefs game in one room and the others watched the Steelers game in the other. The Chiefs closed out their win and I already knew Tennessee had lost. We watched the Bengals totally choke away their playoff chance and the place erupted in cheers of sheer joy. My friends were happy for 2 reasons. First, they hate the Bengals and loved that it was the Steelers who kepty them out. Second I rooted hard for the Steelers last year during their playoff run, to give some good juju on to my buddies, and they felt it was least their team could do for me.

Then the Denver game. At first they were showing Philly and Atlanta, we watched it for a while to check on the Denver score, but when it got to 13-0 Denver we decided we would watch a movie instead. Out of curiosity, about 45 minutes later, I checked another TV and sure enough San Fran had a 17-13 lead late in the 3rd. I gave a shout and it was at that moment that they switched over to the Denver game. I felt it was karma. We watched for some time, me getting more and more nervous. We ate dinner and when it was over there were about 5 minutes left. I watched the rest of the game peering over the banister on the stair well. As overtime wore on and on, I got more and more nervous. The women had to be explained as to why I was in such a state. When San Fran stopped Denver with a little over 4 minutes to play in OT, I let out an exasperated cheer and braced my self. I felt something special was about to happen. And it did. As San Fran started pumping the ball downfield, I got goosebumps. My heart rate picked up. I could feel myself becoming flush in the cheeks. I gripped the banister rail tight and watched with unwavering focus as Nedney lined up for the field goal. I declared, that should Joe (who the Steelers fans still hate from when he (then a Titan) acted to get a roughing call in a playoff game several years ago) I would buy a Niners hat and wear it all year. Of course they were all mostly hoping for him to make it so they could watch me jump into 50 degree infested water, fully clothed. The ball was snapped, placed, and booted.

I watched it go through, but I didn't believe it at first because it was so close. Then I saw the refs arms go up and my buddy Joe shout, "It's GOOOD" at the same instant and I tore out. I did a lap around the house screaming my bloody head off and when I came to the pool I stopped leaped in the air and did a perfect flop, spread eagle. My face and chest took the brunt of the hit. I sucked down scummy water and came up coughing but I pumped my fist several times before the needles of the icy water started piercing my legs. I climbed out, recovered from the shock and posed for pictures as well as accepted congratulations. From that moment on, i was as docile as a kitten the rest of the trip. Nothing anyone said to try to rile me worked.

How sweet is it to make the playoffs when it took:

-Your best friends' team, who you rooted all the way to the Super Bowl out of loyalty to your friends, took out one of the teams you needed to lose.

-One of your biggest rivals, losing at home, to a marginally crappy team, in overtime when a win would have put THEM in instead of us. There had to be a lot of tears shed in that stadium.

I can't think of a better reason to feel we are destined for something awesome.

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 02:38 PM
DJ 23, that might be the best one yet.

CoMoChief
01-02-2007, 02:42 PM
At first I thought he missed it, so I was in shock with my mouth open and nothing coming out. Then I saw the refs signal the kick was good and I jumped up and down in my house and was screaming. I could hear neighbors yelling and I heard firecrackers going off in the distance as well. Then I went out to the bars that night and proceeded to get hammered.

tyton75
01-02-2007, 03:14 PM
I was sitting on the couch downstairs, watching but trying not to get overly hopeful..Wife upstairs folding laundry..

They lined up for the kick in OT and I'm fully into the game like it was the Chiefs playing for their SuperBowl lives.... kick is up; stoopid fukking announcer c@cksucker says no good, so I'm a confused mess for about 1 full second.. then I see the arms go up.. I am stunned for about 15seconds... then I start looking around and screaming; then ran upstairs 2 at a time, and before my wife knew what happened, i just tackled her on the bed and yellling "we are in!!!! we are in!!!"... laundry everywhere!!

It was awesome!!

and yes... I got yelled at after a while for screwing up the laundry

Nzoner
01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
and yes... I got yelled at after a while for screwing up the laundry

They just don't get it do they?

Calcountry
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I mean who really would have thought? Yes, I was at the game and knew by the time we got home NE and Pit had won, and was listening for updates on the AM on the way back.

But this was something that always happens to us, just being so close but never working out in our favor. I think we all felt the same on how we thought it was all going to end. Knowing our luck it'd be a focking OT tie :mad:

We were having people over later and I had to get some errands taken care of befor4e hand, but the wife knew I wasnt leavin the TV until it was official one way or another.

At this point Im home with the wife and 18 month old, they line up for the FG, the kick is up and I'm jumping up and down yelling and screaming as it goes through the uprights :clap:

the wife and kid are just kinda lookin at me confused :shrug:My dog, a Queensland Heeler, almost bit me as I was screeming and yelling. Way out of character for a dog that likes things to be in order.

siberian khatru
01-02-2007, 04:04 PM
My dog, a Queensland Heeler, almost bit me as I was screeming and yelling. Way out of character for a dog that likes things to be in order.

My dog freaks when I do that too. Including after the Nedney FG.

Saulbadguy
01-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I just laid back on my couch with a shit eating grin on my face.

carlos3652
01-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Listening to the radio (Chiefs vs Jags) and looking at my phone for the updates on Cincy and Tennessee games...

When Pitts fumbled and Palmer threw that TD, I thought we were done.. Then Pitt scores again, Jags get closer and so does Tenn... I was like, there is no way we could have all this happening today... didnt get my hopes up.

Shane is attempting the 39 yard FG, I was like its over... He misses.. made me super happy and giddy... Pitt wins, then CHiefs win, and NE driving up by 10 with 3 min to go... I was still not getting my hopes up though... as we needed the 9ers to beat the Donks...

I get to the Lake of the Ozarks and started watching the game after HT 13-3 Denver...

SF scores, happy but not hopefull... SF scores again to be up 17-13, I cant believe my eyes, and I become hopefull, and ready to get my heart ripped out agian when Denver ties it at the end...

OT comes along... Denver wins the toss... Its over... SF holds, but punts, SF holds, but punts... Now the clock is ticking and Im thinking, they are going to tie...Im already getting upset...and boom SF holds and makes it in for FG range... this is it, its good... I run around like a crazy person and just drop to the ground in shock...i cant believe it... and it still hasnt set it... we are in!!!!!!

Guru
01-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Listening to the radio (Chiefs vs Jags) and looking at my phone for the updates on Cincy and Tennessee games...

When Pitts fumbled and Palmer threw that TD, I thought we were done.. Then Pitt scores again, Jags get closer and so does Tenn... I was like, there is no way we could have all this happening today... didnt get my hopes up.

Shane is attempting the 39 yard FG, I was like its over... He misses.. made me super happy and giddy... Pitt wins, then CHiefs win, and NE driving up by 10 with 3 min to go... I was still not getting my hopes up though... as we needed the 9ers to beat the Donks...

I get to the Lake of the Ozarks and started watching the game after HT 13-3 Denver...

SF scores, happy but not hopefull... SF scores again to be up 17-13, I cant believe my eyes, and I become hopefull, and ready to get my heart ripped out agian when Denver ties it at the end...

OT comes along... Denver wins the toss... Its over... SF holds, but punts, SF holds, but punts... Now the clock is ticking and Im thinking, they are going to tie...Im already getting upset...and boom SF holds and makes it in for FG range... this is it, its good... I run around like a crazy person and just drop to the ground in shock...i cant believe it... and it still hasnt set it... we are in!!!!!!

Nice play-by-play

Calcountry
01-02-2007, 05:17 PM
DirecTV Gamemix was in full effect yesterday. lol.

DJay23
01-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I get goosebumps every time I read a different account.

I just ran into a colleague of mine at the grocery store who I haven't seen since the games this weekend...big Colts fan. He was hoping for a Denver win because he thought the Colts could handle Cutler. Now he's afraid!

chiefbowe82
01-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I usually attend 1 game per year as it's a 5 hour drive to KC. I just happened to have tickets for the KC-JAGS game as i received them early in preseason I arrived at the game ready to watch possibly the last game of the year all was good kc was rolling then here come the jags 1:30 left to play on 4th down chiefs ball the jags jump on kc wins so 1 of the 4 possible have just happened. I hear the guy behind me saying the bengals missed a game winning field goal in overtime and as time expires they flash the pittsburgh TD on the jumbo. Walking out of arrowhead I hear the New England put their foot down on Titans 6 game winning streak and all thats left is San Fran vs Denver. This one seemed the least unlikely and driving back from KC and no power in town with my cell-phone on low battery I managed to get the half-time score San Fran 3...Denver 13. It seemed as if the dream may come to a close. Then scanning through the radio stations I happen to find the denver vs san fran game on the radio 17-13 SAN FRAN on top and just when it seemed san fran may put it away denver comes back and sends it into overtime my first though was if denver got the ball first it was over and they did receive the ball after the possessions traveled from team to team and the radio station getting fuzzy and Joe Nedney lining up from 36 yards away all i hear was "and now Denvers season is officialy over" it was a pretty good time :)

buddha
01-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I did the Jon-Gruden-we-just-knocked-the-Chiefs-out-of-the-playoffs little girl dance.

That was a great visual, but Gruden doesn't restrict that little girl dance to just the Chiefs. He now does it anytime his sad sack team scores any points at all. The bar has lowered considerably since he was considered to be one of the games true geniuses! ROFL

For my part, I was working on the computer following the action on the Internet. I tried to join CP after Nedney's moment of greatness, but no luck.

Rain Man
01-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Starting at about 1:35 of this clip.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zf82iXrZaxs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zf82iXrZaxs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Adept Havelock
01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
How did we react? There was much rejoicing, for they were forced to eat Robin's Minstrels.

Count Zarth
01-02-2007, 06:30 PM
How did we react? There was much rejoicing, for they were forced to eat Robin's Minstrels.

"Brave Sir Peyton ran away...bravely ran away away...."

The Poz
01-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Spent the morning snowboarding in Quebec (about 15 min north of the Vermont border) then left early to catch the games back at the Chalet. Had to watch the New England game while keeping a close eye on the CBS ticker. Once my buddies got back from their full day on the hill we all started pounding on the beers and "herb" then after Nedney made that kick and after I ran around the Chalet for a couple minutes out came the Wild Turkey!
Larry's gonna run all over those Colts! Go Chiefs Go!

ChiefFan31
01-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Good stuff fellas. I was at work, in the break room watching the game on the TV. Pretty big building about 500 employees. When he kicked it I thought he missed, but then saw the refs signal it was good. I instantly started screaming at the top of my lungs and yelling **** Denver. It really did make my day, I couldnt believe it. What a great moment :rockon:

KcMizzou
01-03-2007, 03:07 AM
The ****ing announcer said Nedney missed. My heart dropped for a sec there... even though I saw the ref's arms go up.

Dumbass.

Bootlegged
01-03-2007, 05:45 AM

That takes 'balls' to put that on the net! Nice pants..

stevieray
01-03-2007, 07:26 AM
That takes 'balls' to put that on the net! Nice pants..

I had just arrived home from the game....I didn't know she was recording till I jumped up and lost it.

Rausch
01-03-2007, 07:36 AM
I had just arrived home from the game....I didn't know she was recording till I jumped up and lost it.

My reaction was much like that of Stevieray's on youtube only with a ton of colorful language peppered in...

morphius
01-03-2007, 07:39 AM
I actually just laughed and pointed at the TV. I really believed that somehow everyone but one of the 3 teams we needed to lose would. I figured with my luck that it would be Denver moving on and having to spend the offseason with donkey trolls bragging how they were the team that kept us out of the playoff's.

Sometimes it is good to be wrong.

(now watching Denver lose involved lots of jumping up and down)