PDA

View Full Version : DTV question again...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
They're coming tomorrow to install the HD-DVR/receiver.

They said they can't hook up one receiver to more than one HDtv. We have two HDtvs that we want them to hook up the connection to, but they said we'd have to get another receiver? We don't mind getting the same channel on one tv as the other, because that's what would have to be the case having one receiver hooked up to two tvs.

Is this true? Our old receiver can connect to as many as 4 tvs.

Phobia
01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I can't be certain but I have my TV hooked up through both the HDMI cable and the RGB cables (because something is wrong with the audio in my HDMI cable). Both function. So while you won't be able to hookup both TV's via HDMI, you can do it.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, so one can be HD but not the other because you need two receivers to have HD on both?

Skip Towne
01-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I think the HD receivers have more than one set of outputs. All of the other receivers do. I don't see why you can't get HD on both TV's. But Ii could be wrong, I haven't done very manyof them. And I've never hooked up two TV's to one HD receiver.

Phobia
01-01-2007, 08:41 PM
They can both be in HD but you won't be able to use an HDMI cable for both.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys.

They were trying to say on the phone that you can only have one TV hooked up to the HD receiver and get HD. I think they're lying, and want us to pay the money to get another HD receiver.

Skip Towne
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
They can both be in HD but you won't be able to use an HDMI cable for both.
Why can't they both be in HD? What is an HDMI cable?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 09:04 PM
I heard that you have to have split cables, then you can do it.

HMc
01-01-2007, 09:06 PM
it would output component aswell wouldn't it?