PDA

View Full Version : A word of encouragement to everyone on this board

SNR
01-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I just found out today about the murder of Darrent Williams. May his family and friends receive comfort in this time of mourning.

As just a reminder to what's really important in this life, I'm leaving this memorial for Darrent in my signature. Yes, the Chiefs are in the playoffs for the 2nd time in 9 years, and it's an exciting time for this organization, especially after coming off a loss of our own. But I will leave it in my signature as a reminder to us all that when it all comes down to it, football is a game. People make a living out of it, and it brings joy and excitement to our lives, but it's a game. Let's not lose sight of what really matters, and that is the life of every single living person out there. Too often we get wound up in who plays for which team and who is a "good guy" and a "bad guy." Now is the time to completely set that aside.

Nothing excuses the death of a man as young as 24, though. Nothing. Nothing except senseless, tragic violence, which is what happened here.

I'm putting DW in my signature for this very reason. I'm not demanding anything out of anyone by any means, but I encourage many of you to do the same out of respect for the life of a budding young star, and what he could have been had he been able to live for as long as he should have.

Thanks much,

SNR

Buck
01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I wanted to post a memorial for him in my sig too, but for some reason my sig privelages are non existent, mods please help.

dirk digler
01-01-2007, 06:52 PM
I wanted to post a memorial for him in my sig too, but for some reason my sig privelages are non existent, mods please help.

Chargers fans have no privileges. :p

Phobia
01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I wanted to memorialize him in my sig but Peyton Manning would not allow it.

Chief Faithful
01-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Chargers fans have no privileges. :p

What is a Chargers fan?

Florida_Bronco
01-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I just found out today about the murder of Darrent Williams. May his family and friends receive comfort in this time of mourning.

As just a reminder to what's really important in this life, I'm leaving this memorial for Darrent in my signature. Yes, the Chiefs are in the playoffs for the 2nd time in 9 years, and it's an exciting time for this organization, especially after coming off a loss of our own. But I will leave it in my signature as a reminder to us all that when it all comes down to it, football is a game. People make a living out of it, and it brings joy and excitement to our lives, but it's a game. Let's not lose sight of what really matters, and that is the life of every single living person out there. Too often we get wound up in who plays for which team and who is a "good guy" and a "bad guy." Now is the time to completely set that aside.

Nothing excuses the death of a man as young as 24, though. Nothing. Nothing except senseless, tragic violence, which is what happened here.

I'm putting DW in my signature for this very reason. I'm not demanding anything out of anyone by any means, but I encourage many of you to do the same out of respect for the life of a budding young star, and what he could have been had he been able to live for as long as he should have.

Thanks much,

SNR

Great post SNR. Something like this happening really helps us to realize that our rivalry should not generate hate between us. I'm as guilty of it as anyone of that, but in the end we are all just fans rooting for our team and we need to remember that.

BWillie
01-01-2007, 07:24 PM

I would like to have my sig privelages back as well, and I'm not even a Chargers, Oakland, or Donk fan. Just a devout Chiefs fan

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I, for one, would have preferred this to happen a couple weeks from now, so I could still thoroughly hated the Donkos and taunted them longer. This whole thing is making it difficult to truly hate the Donkos.

Williams was an Ok St. guy... my sister and her husband went there... My heart goes out to Bronco and Cowboy nation as well, as his family.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I, for one, would have preferred this to happen a couple weeks from now, so I could still thoroughly hated the Donkos and taunted them longer. This whole thing is making it difficult to truly hate the Donkos.

Williams was an Ok St. guy... my sister and her husband went there... My heart goes out to Bronco and Cowboy nation as well, as his family.
I get what you're trying to say but how about say 'i would've preferred this to not happen at all".

Digital_Madness
01-01-2007, 07:38 PM
What is a Chargers fan?

They (Charger fans) are people who root for the San Diego Chargers! They recide in Sunny San Diego which today was about 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! They have the BEST running back in the league who happened to win the rushing title and broke a few records on his way (LT). These Chargers fans are very optimistic about their team because they do happened to have the youngest team with a very promising QB (who made the pro bowl in his 1st year) Rivers. OBTW they have a unselfish Tight End named Antonio Gates!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

RIP Darrent Williams!

splatbass
01-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Good post SNR.

RIP Darrent.

Tactical Funky
01-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Good post SNR.

RIP Darrent.
Splat!

Long time no type, man - I was watching the game in Westport and heard about the Chiefs' improbable playoff appearance a few hours later, so you can imagine the festive atmosphere 'round town.

It's a damn shame about Willams. :(

splatbass
01-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Splat!

Long time no type, man - I was watching the game in Westport and heard about the Chiefs' improbable playoff appearance a few hours later, so you can imagine the festive atmosphere 'round town.

It's a damn shame about Willams. :(

Good to see you TF, it has been a while. Hope everything is well with you!

Tactical Funky
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Good to see you TF, it has been a while. Hope everything is well with you!
Yeah, it sure has been a while.

All's well, can't complain about much since I've still got over two weeks of Holiday Break left. :)

How're things in Hawaii? I'm planning on visiting there right after graduation.

Kerberos
01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Great post SNR. Something like this happening really helps us to realize that our rivalry should not generate hate between us. I'm as guilty of it as anyone of that, but in the end we are all just fans rooting for our team and we need to remember that.

Amen FloridaBronc

Great Post SNR. Kinda nice to know you have a heart and some class.

splatbass
01-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, it sure has been a while.

All's well, can't complain about much since I've still got over two weeks of Holiday Break left. :)

How're things in Hawaii? I'm planning on visiting there right after graduation.

Things are great. Let me know when you are here and I'll buy you a beer.

Tactical Funky
01-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Things are great. Let me know when you are here and I'll buy you a beer.
Sounds like a plan.

Ari Chi3fs
01-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I get what you're trying to say but how about say 'i would've preferred this to not happen at all".

yeah, its sad news.

Guru
01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Gonna join ya in that SNR.

KChiefsQT
01-02-2007, 12:34 AM
me too

PastorMikH
01-02-2007, 01:12 AM
EXCELLENT IDEA SNR!!!

My sig should be modified now. Anyone wishing to use it as well is welcome to do so. You can link the the image in my post on the sig pic test thread.

Chieftain58
01-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Darrent Williams Children's Fund

c/o Denver Broncos

13655 Broncos Parkway

Englewood, CO 80112

Adept Havelock
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Well said, SNR.

RIP D. Williams.