PDA

View Full Version : Indy's D

FringeNC
01-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Everyone knows about Indy's bad rushing defense....

Additionally, there are next-to-last in number of sacks. When the Chiefs have struggled on offense, not just this year, but since they have run this offense, is when the pass protection sucks and teams run blitz up the middle.

Against Indy, we should be able to run our old offense. Indy can't get to the quarterback, and can't stop the run. We should be able to abuse them. This is the weakest defense we have played all year, probably. This is the type of defense that Trent Green can pick apart.

On defense, if we play a soft zone, Manning will pick us apart. We have to blitz and disguise it well and not be afraid to be burned deep a few times.

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't see any reason to go Al Saunders on them. When I have seen Indy's offense do shitty its when they can't get a rhythm.

If Larry Johnson is on the field and Peyton Manning is on the sideline they dont get rhythm.

Smed1065
01-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I agree, this is the game if Herm ball will ever work...........

CosmicPal
01-01-2007, 07:51 PM
This is a pic of Indy's D

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HU/KS/H8/K8/ALNSS8GQMQDV.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't see any reason to go Al Saunders on them. When I have seen Indy's offense do shitty its when they can't get a rhythm.

If Larry Johnson is on the field and Peyton Manning is on the sideline they dont get rhythm.

I agree. But we have to mix it up and be balanced.

On D, we CANNOT GIVE UP THE BIG PLAY!!!

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree. But we have to mix it up and be balanced.

On D, we CANNOT GIVE UP THE BIG PLAY!!!
Agreed on both accounts.

I don't think we lose this game if we are even or better in turnovers.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
espn.com

The Colts have to be worried about facing a team with such a strong running game. Kansas City's Larry Johnson makes it his personal responsibility to keep the opposing offense off the field. He should have no problem accomplishing that goal against the Colts. On the flip side, the Colts have to stop throwing away offensive possessions as they've been prone to do against teams with strong running attacks. For some reason, the Colts seem to show a lack of patience when they finally get on the field after the opposing team put together a long drive. Instead of trying to get back into their offensive rhythm, they just put the ball in the air a couple times and hope for the best. That has to end for the Colts to have any shot at being successful.
-- Joe Theismann

Joe is friends with Zach. :)

tk13
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
If there was ever a game where Martyball is needed, this is it. With our line and RB, we have a chance to dominate this game.

I don't think some people realize just how bad their run D has looked... it wasn't like "oh we need to put another guy in the box" bad, it was "we need to put 14 guys on the field" bad. Jax ran for almost 400 on them... there was another game, I think the first Jax game, where the Colts lost TOP in the first half 25 minutes to 5. Literally. There were several times this year where teams were ripping off 8-15 yards a carry and not having to put the ball in the air at all. This is a historically bad run defense, they're allowing over 5 yards a carry, and have allowed 100 rushing yards in all 16 games. They've allowed something like 2700 rushing yards on the season, that is insane.

Obviously there will be times where we'll have to pass the ball, I think that's where teams like Jax and Tennessee got in trouble, they didn't have great passing attacks... but this should be a run-heavy gameplan. If we lose, we lose, but we should be trying to exploit a massive glaring weakness like that, not lose because we got too cute.

|Zach|
01-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Joe is friends with Zach. :)
We are drinking buddies.

blueballs
01-01-2007, 08:04 PM
as long as the Chiefs don't get Peyton in 3rd and long
let them have at least 4 yards

Bearcat
01-01-2007, 08:11 PM
I think it's important we at least act like we want to be balanced... meaning we don't necessarily need to throw the playbook at them for 4 quarters, but do something to keep them honest, like a flea flicker on the first series. Again, nothing incredibly stupid or risky, just something to get them thinking about something other than LJ.

And like Zach said, Manning gets frustrated when he has to sit on the sidelines for a long time, so we don't need to make it real complicated in order to get big chunks of yards.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-01-2007, 08:15 PM
We are drinking buddies.

LOL, yes.

Easy 6
01-01-2007, 08:16 PM
These guys have ranged from bad to HORRIBLE all year long, spotting RB's 50yds. as soon as they get off the bus.

There is NO Magic-Bandaid for Dungy's D this late in the game, for 06/07 atleast, this IS what they are. We WILL face a very, Very, VERY bad run D Saturday.

We are tailor-made to POUND Indy on O.