PDA

View Full Version : Football's Future Mock Draft

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2007, 11:50 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

2007 NFL Mock Draft
By: Robert Davis | Updated: 1/1

Oakland - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks just are not getting it done.

Detroit - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
With Quinn off the board, they grab the stud tackle.

Cleveland - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
A little high for him, but Cleveland needs Dlineman bad.

Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
The Bucs have to upgrade their perimeter pass rush.

Arizona - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
With Thomas and Adams off the board, they reach a little for a corner.

Washington - Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia
They gamble on his upside at end.

Minnesota - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
Arguably the top player in the draft, he will likely go higher in April.

Houston - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Injury issues drop him down, but he’s a franchise caliber back.

Miami - Pat Willis, LB, Ole Miss
Saban coached in the SEC and knows just how good Willis is.

Atlanta - Levi Brown, OT, Penn St.
Protecting and giving Vick time is imperative.

San Francisco - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pitt
The offense has started to come around with their talented youngsters, now its time to address the D.

Buffalo - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
If he declares, he’s a first round talent.

St. Louis - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
The standout safety will help immediately.

Carolina - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
A true ballhawk in the secondary.

Pittsburgh - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St.
His mentality on the field is perfect for the Steeler defense.

Green Bay - Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio St.
His explosiveness is something the offense lacks.

Jacksonville - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St.
The Jags finally land a standout opposite Rashean Mathis.

Cincinnati - Demarcus Tyler, DT, North Carolina St.
They have to address the interior Dline.

Tennessee - Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio St.
Like many other teams, shoring up the defensive line is a must.

NY Giants - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
Upgrading the interior is a must.

Denver - Michael Griffin, S, Texas
John Lynch isn’t getting any younger, and Foxworth is playing out of position.

New England (from Sea) - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
NE would be happy if he’s half as good as the last Michigan corner they took in the first round.

Dallas - Justin Blalock, OL, Texas
Blalock stays in Texas, and provides immediate help and versatility to the Boys Oline.

Kansas City - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
KC finally lands a go to receiver.

New Orleans - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
The offense is one of the best in the game, its time for the other side to be upgraded.

NY Jets - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
He will go higher in April, but not many are looking at backs up until this point.

Philadelphia - Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida St.
The playmaker at LB was a surprise entry, but is a potential first round pick.

New England - LaMarr Woodley, LB/DE, Michigan
He will play the role that Willie McGinest played for years before leaving for Cleveland.

Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee.
A bit of a reach here, but Indy absolutely must get some bodies that can stop the run.

Baltimore - HB Blades, LB, Pitt
Ray Lewis’ replacement in a few years would also provide immediate help alongside him.

Chicago - Zach Miller, TE, Arizona St.
An intermediate threat for Grossman could help him out a lot with his consistency.

San Diego - Buster Davis, LB, Florida St.
Some youth at linebacker would be a big boost.
Post your own mock draft

milkman
01-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I could definitely live with that.

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2007, 11:56 PM
If we get Jarrett I would be very very happy with it.

BigRock
01-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Is he really going to stay on the board that long?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Is he really going to stay on the board that long?
I could settle for Samardjiza if he doesn't

the Talking Can
01-02-2007, 12:02 AM
no way he drops

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2007, 12:08 AM
no way he drops

like DJ? Jarrett doesn't have the greatest measurables in the world

chief52
01-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Is he going to come out? I heard he wasn't... Today's game may push him closer to coming out, though.

Thig Lyfe
01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Jarrett would be great.

BWillie
01-02-2007, 12:17 AM
I'll take USC's other receiver in round 3 or 4. Steve Smith, that guy is a hell of a receiver too. Any given game he can break a huge play.

BWillie
01-02-2007, 12:18 AM
If we get Jarret, Mecca will actually become a Chiefs fan so that would be kind of nice.

the Talking Can
01-02-2007, 12:20 AM
like DJ? Jarrett doesn't have the greatest measurables in the world

into theh 20's?

i can't see it

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2007, 12:22 AM
After his game today, there is no way Jarrett goes below 15. We still need a LT or DT, though.

KurtCobain
01-02-2007, 12:24 AM
We won't get Jarrett, because he won't drop to the 32nd pick. It'd be great though. A first round WR, I'd buy a jersey.

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2007, 12:26 AM
into theh 20's?

i can't see it

measurables is the reason Hali slipped. So it is a valid arguement

CoMoChief
01-02-2007, 12:37 AM
measurables is the reason Hali slipped. So it is a valid arguement

The positions are different though. I think you have to have better measurables as a WR than you do as a DL.

Halfcan
01-02-2007, 01:06 AM
I bet we draft a DT-just a hunch.

Sam Hall
01-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Jarrett just made my thread in the draft forum look pretty smart.

Wa-Z
01-02-2007, 02:55 AM
After his game today, there is no way Jarrett goes below 15. We still need a LT or DT, though.

I say we don't draft another DT and take our chances in Free Agency.

:p

Mecca
01-02-2007, 05:02 AM
Jarrett probably will go in that area if he does come out. When he lines up to run he won't run a blazing 40. A guy like Ted Ginn will go before him......

Right now I'm not sure if he's coming out or not, lately alot of USC guys have been hanging around 4 years.

I'm just surprised no one here called him a punk or said they didn't want him after the Rose Bowl........I saw that on a few other boards.

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2007, 05:27 AM
The positions are different though. I think you have to have better measurables as a WR than you do as a DL.

T.O. and Jerry Rice didn't have great measurables, but one thing they had in common both of them have/had a terrific work ethic. Their character is a different story

chief52
01-02-2007, 08:22 AM
T.O. and Jerry Rice didn't have great measurables, but one thing they had in common both of them have/had a terrific work ethic. Their character is a different story

I can not believe you mentioned T.O and Rice in the same breath. " Their character" could not have been more different.

Mecca
01-02-2007, 08:23 AM
I can not believe you mentioned T.O and Rice in the same breath. " Their character" could not have been more different.

He's talking about guys who put up numbers without looking great at the combine......

Owens was a small school player who basically made himself into what he is.........he did/does work hard.

chief52
01-02-2007, 08:29 AM
He's talking about guys who put up numbers without looking great at the combine......

Owens was a small school player who basically made himself into what he is.........he did/does work hard.

I do understand that part. But what about the line, "Their character is a different story"??? Maybe I am misreading his intent, but he lumps TO and Rice's character the way I read it.

Mecca
01-02-2007, 08:31 AM
I do understand that part. But what about the line, "Their character is a different story"??? Maybe I am misreading his intent, but he lumps TO and Rice's character the way I read it.

No he said their character is different....he compared their playing ability not them as people.

chief52
01-02-2007, 08:42 AM
No he said their character is different....he compared their playing ability not them as people.

I got it...I misread it. My bad.

MGRS13
01-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry Mecca I don't want a USC WR they have a bad to average history. We need a LT and a MLB much more.

chief52
01-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Sorry Mecca I don't want a USC WR they have a bad to average history. We need a LT and a MLB much more.

Stay away from Penn State running backs, too... ROFL

Mecca
01-02-2007, 08:56 AM

........People not to stop thinking Dwayne Jarrett is Mike Williams.

MGRS13
01-02-2007, 09:00 AM
........People not to stop thinking Dwayne Jarrett is Mike Williams.
He seems a hell of alot better to me, I just can't trust USC WR. Any ways I firmly believe the most important position on the field is LT we have J. Black, nuff said.

Mecca
01-02-2007, 09:01 AM
He seems a hell of alot better to me, I just can't trust USC WR. Any ways I firmly believe the most important position on the field is LT we have J. Black, nuff said.

I don't believe we'll have a chance at one of the LT's.....not with our pick.

MGRS13
01-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I don't believe we'll have a chance at one of the LT's.....not with our pick.
If the best LT RT MLB are off the board maybe then I'd be ok to look at WR course he better be able to out preform the DT's still left on the board. Really on paper Only C. Johnson is better then him at the position, I really just have a fear of the USC WR thing. As some one said in this thread all ready LJ=end of penn state RB hex. For what it is worth (aint much) I wouldn't have drafted LJ for the same reason.

Braincase
01-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Watched the USC-Mich game, and although I saw a very talented wide reciever, I also saw a me-first, taunting, look-at-me punk. I'll pass. I want a guy that hands the ball of to the ref, not some clown that expects overwhelming lauds for doing what he's supposed to do. Will Shields in a WR body.

Anyong Bluth
01-02-2007, 09:24 AM
I think the guy has to tools to become a very solid WR. During the broadcast they said that Keyshawn had talked to him recently and told him he should stay b/c he's not ready. I like his size and playmaking ability. I don't know what his 40 time is, but I'm not one to buy into measurables as much as others, maybe?

Mike Mamula has ungodly numbers and never did squat. When I watch the guy play he simply seems to make large plays, superior size, and great body control. Have to watch him again or see more about his ability to separate, his route running, and quality of hands. He has had 3 enourmous bowl games against tops teams- so there is a bit of a gamer in him, and the CB he was matched up against yesterday was one of the better in the country the broadcaster s said.

When the new NFL rules, I've been a firm believer that WR are of much lower priority than they used to be, but given our draft status, I still say we take the best player available regardless. There are plenty of guys on our team eating huge cap room that we could upgrade with younger cheaper talent and free up some $$$ to go after FA of interest / need

Mecca
01-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Watched the USC-Mich game, and although I saw a very talented wide reciever, I also saw a me-first, taunting, look-at-me punk. I'll pass. I want a guy that hands the ball of to the ref, not some clown that expects overwhelming lauds for doing what he's supposed to do. Will Shields in a WR body.

And there it is......

Jarrett isn't generally like that, the player he did that to was running his mouth to Jarrett simple as that wasn't anything major. Personally I got a major kick when he handed the guy the ball after making a great catch, not to mention he did that because the guy took a cheap shot at him on his TD.

Just because a guy has showman ship doesn't make him a punk......

tyton75
01-02-2007, 09:27 AM
LT's are so expensive on the FA market.. I would say go for one of those in the draft.. then pick up a big body for the DT in FA.. we can probably get a good/great young WR in the 2nd round

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Bwillie007, yeah SC's other reciever is Steve Smith he is a senior, he is defintely worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Watching Big Ten Football if we could get Joe Thomas anyway possible that would be amazing. He would be our new Willie Roaf, that guy is unbelieveably good, he is huge and very strong, but we wont get him. I can see Jarret dropping that far, I would want him if we could get him. I would not want The Shark (Samardjiza), he is good but I dont think worthy of a 1st round pick IMO, and I hae watched him a lot. Plus The Shark has said he is gonna play both baseball and football, he is really good in baseball and he was drafted by the cubs in the 3rd round I believe, that would interfere with him in the NFL and I would'nt want that with my first round pick.

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Mecca, I agree totally agree I cant believe Pete didnt say anything to him about that. I mean as a Buckeye fan I love to see the wolverines getting taunted but man aliven they dont allow anyone else to do that. The jump shot to the referee should of been called, him pointing at the safety on his way into the endzone should of been called, and him handing the ball to the Michigan reciever when they were on the ground should of been called.

Sam Hall
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
I mentioned OT Levi Brown in the draft forum.

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Sam Hall, Levi Brown is good but I wouldnt say he is really good. OT I would take Joe Thomas, or Jake Long (Michigan but he isnt coming out) those are the two I would be happy with but we cant get. I only have watched Levi Brown a couple times so I dont know how good he is, I would like to go OT in the 1st if Levi is good enough.

Kraut
01-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I watched the game as well and I agree with you. This guy has a lot of talent but will be a cancer when he gets to the NFL. His taunting was even mentioned during the game ( Should have been flagged for the one TD catch he had IMO). But of course there will be a team higher on the board then the Chiefs that will be able to reform this troubled talent. Just one more TO or Moss. It's really sad. I hope I am wrong.

Ebolapox
01-02-2007, 11:00 AM
We won't get Jarrett, because he won't drop to the 32nd pick. It'd be great though. A first round WR, I'd buy a jersey.

I have a slymo jersey I'll sell to you for cheap

LiL stumppy
01-02-2007, 12:05 PM

I heard he was playing baseball.

Eric
01-02-2007, 12:25 PM
We will draft defense.

Remember all of you EXCITED about Manny Williams.

LOL. We took that slow Tamba.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
And there it is......

Jarrett isn't generally like that, the player he did that to was running his mouth to Jarrett simple as that wasn't anything major. Personally I got a major kick when he handed the guy the ball after making a great catch, not to mention he did that because the guy took a cheap shot at him on his TD.

Just because a guy has showman ship doesn't make him a punk......
He kinda reminded me of Chad Johnson watching that game. I'd take him if he's around.

Eric
01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Anyways Mock Drafts are created one guy who looks at hole for a team and just guesses.

We have holes on Dl,OL,LB and corner too.

Wrs are everywhere in the draft if you know what to look for.

Brock
01-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Jarrett's going to go a lot higher than that. I think he just raised his own stock to top 10.

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM

Why not? Both worked their asses off to get the most they can out of their game. The only difference is T.O is a headcase and Jerry isn't

Adept Havelock
01-02-2007, 05:32 PM

What did you do with your Sly Mo jersey?

chiefqueen
01-02-2007, 05:40 PM

If we tried to draft him he may try to wiggle his way to a bigger market for endorsement $$$, he can always threaten to join the Cubs organization FT.

chiefqueen
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
I think the guy has to tools to become a very solid WR. During the broadcast they said that Keyshawn had talked to him recently and told him he should stay b/c he's not ready. I like his size and playmaking ability. I don't know what his 40 time is, but I'm not one to buy into measurables as much as others, maybe?

Did Keyshawn say that b/c he believes Jarrett truly is not ready or b/c Keyshawn doesn't want competition next summer?

KCGridironBeast
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
It cracks me up to read people calling Jarrett a "cancer" all because he pointed at a cornerback as he ran in for a touchdown. Wow...if that's a cancer, then half the guys in the NFL are cancers to their team (not to mention a whole lot of WRs)...

You have no idea what was being said on the field by the Michigan DBs to Jarrett, so don't be so quick to judge and label a guy a cancer based on what you saw through a TV camera.

supercoupe91
01-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm the authority here.

Jarrett will be early 2nd rounder.

He's not "physical" enough.

Ebolapox
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm the authority here.

Jarrett will be early 2nd rounder.

He's not "physical" enough.

ROFL

yeah, oklahoma university thinks that you're a regular nostraf*ckingdumbass

NaptownChief
01-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I heard he was playing baseball.

I believe he has visions in his head to try and do both. I don't think that will happen but that is what he keeps saying.

CHENZ A!
01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Looks to me like there are some pretty damn good LB's that this guy is projecting to go after we pick. I'd rather have Woodley or Blades, and send Mitchell and/or Bell packing.

chief52
01-02-2007, 08:38 PM
ROFL

yeah, oklahoma university thinks that you're a regular nostraf*ckingdumbass

Funny sh@t!... ROFL

the Talking Can
01-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Looks to me like there are some pretty damn good LB's that this guy is projecting to go after we pick. I'd rather have Woodley or Blades, and send Mitchell and/or Bell packing.

LB is a position that drops in the first....I'd take a new OLB for Bell

milkman
01-02-2007, 10:14 PM
We will draft defense.

Remember all of you EXCITED about Manny Williams.

LOL. We took that slow Tamba.

Who the hell is Manny Williams?

I know a lot of people liked Manny Lawson.

milkman
01-02-2007, 10:17 PM
LT's are so expensive on the FA market.. I would say go for one of those in the draft.. then pick up a big body for the DT in FA.. we can probably get a good/great young WR in the 2nd round

There is very little chance that an LT worth the 22-24 pick will be available when we are up.

And DT's in FA are consistently bigger wastes of money than the ones picked in the draft.

milkman
01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I watched the game as well and I agree with you. This guy has a lot of talent but will be a cancer when he gets to the NFL. His taunting was even mentioned during the game ( Should have been flagged for the one TD catch he had IMO). But of course there will be a team higher on the board then the Chiefs that will be able to reform this troubled talent. Just one more TO or Moss. It's really sad. I hope I am wrong.

I've seen a lot of USC over the years (not a fan, just live in Cal.), and Jarrett has rarely displayed any showboat attitude.