PDA

View Full Version : Poll: At what point do you feel good about this season?

|Zach|
01-02-2007, 12:27 AM
I have been thinking about this and I am up in the air. Obviously unless you are Chiefsfan1963 you are not happy with *just* making the playoffs. Trying to gauge the temperature of this place...

One win to get over the hump of Montana to Keith Cash who in turn spits on a poster of Buddy Ryan?

Two wins? Does a spot in the AFC Championship subdue your dislike for our post season ineptness?

Three wins? Chiefs make it to Superbowl. Take control of the Lamar Hunt Trophy. Bring it home.

Superbowl win or bust? Nothing but the grand prize?

KurtCobain
01-02-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm fine with just making it due to circumstances that I had us ruled out, but I'd be pissed if we lost to the Colts. As long as we put up a fight against the Chargers I'm satisfied. Marty's got a good team going and I would be SHOCKED if we beat 'em.

the Talking Can
01-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't feel good about the season.

I feel great about being in the playoffs.

Count Alex's Losses
I just want to beat the Colts. I know we can beat them. I don't think we have the talent to go any farther.

SPchief
A decent showing against the colts.

|Zach|
01-02-2007, 12:32 AM

So....nothing that could happen in this post season could you make you happy about the 2006 Chiefs?

dirk digler
01-02-2007, 12:34 AM
I am not into moral victories. Anything less than the SB every year is a disappointment.

Jenson71
01-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I would be pissed if we really ****ed this Indy game up.

And then, after we beat them, it would be hard to let go. I could understand a loss in NE.

SNR
01-02-2007, 12:37 AM
A tradition of success starts with winning a playoff game.

I know we're not going to make the Super Bowl. When was the last time you saw a team with 7 losses in the reg season in the Super Bowl?

With the given team we have and what I"ve seen, a playoff win is nice, and I'd take that. I'd be proud of my team if we beat the Colts on Sunday.

Everything else is gravy for me.

Guru
01-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I would be pissed if we really ****ed this Indy game up.

And then, after we beat them, it would be hard to let go. I could understand a loss in NE.
We are going to SD if we beat the Colts.

|Zach|
01-02-2007, 12:39 AM
A tradition of success starts with winning a playoff game.

I know we're not going to make the Super Bowl. When was the last time you saw a team with 7 losses in the reg season in the Super Bowl?

With the given team we have and what I"ve seen, a playoff win is nice, and I'd take that. I'd be proud of my team if we beat the Colts on Sunday.

Everything else is gravy for me.
I think you summed up my thoughts...although as time goes on I feel like I need two wins.

Having said that...losing to the Colts and *sigh* the idea that some would be happy by just playing well against the Colts I don't understand.

Jenson71
01-02-2007, 12:39 AM

Hey mang, you don't know that. This is the playoffs, all things are equal. We're a top team in the AFC.

Jenson71
01-02-2007, 12:40 AM
We are going to SD if we beat the Colts.

But there's a chance we could play at NE, right.

We go to SD, I need a win.

tk13
01-02-2007, 12:41 AM
DESTROY THE COLTS.

DESTROY THE COLTS.

DESTROY THE COLTS

I'm not sure if I can take another playoff loss to the Colts.

dirk digler
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure if I can take another playoff loss to the Colts.

You better start preparing yourself now

SPchief
01-02-2007, 12:43 AM
But there's a chance we could play at NE, right.

No

dirk digler
01-02-2007, 12:47 AM
No

We could play them in the AFC Championship game and it would be in NE.

Phobia
01-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Isn't the goal the SuperBowl every year? Anything less is failure, IMO. When you start being satisfied with mediocrity, you become mediocre.

Jenson71
No

Okay, I don't understand why not.

dirk digler
Isn't the goal the SuperBowl every year? Anything less is failure, IMO. When you start being satisfied with mediocrity, you become mediocre.

Amen brother

dirk digler
01-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Okay, I don't understand why not.

We could.

We would have to beat the Colts and Chargers.

They would have to beat the Jets and Ravens.

el borracho
01-02-2007, 12:50 AM
If we were to beat the Colts but lose to the Chargers I would be pretty satisfied.

If we were to beat the Chargers then lose in the AFC Championship game I would be unhappy. Honestly, the Chiefs are not the most talented team in the playoffs (which doesn't mean they can't win it all) but if it isn't going to be us then I would rather see Marty get his ring. Additionally, I don't like any of the other AFC playoff teams and would be unhappy to see the Colts (media whores) or the Jets (bad football team) or Ravens (who can root for Lewis?) or the Pats (Superbowl gluttons) win it.

SPchief
01-02-2007, 12:52 AM
We could play them in the AFC Championship game and it would be in NE.

My understanding of the question is that there would be a chance to go to NE if we win THIS week. I may have read it wrong

Jenson71
01-02-2007, 12:53 AM
My understanding of the question is that there would be a chance to go to NE if we win THIS week. I may have read it wrong

I meant in the whole thing, but I didn't make that clear.

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2007, 12:54 AM

No. The Bolts and Ravens host the next round.

I think we'd have a slight chance against San Diego, but no chance in Baltimore.

SPchief
01-02-2007, 12:56 AM
No. The Bolts and Ravens host the next round.

I know

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2007, 12:59 AM
I know

OK. You meant the AFC Championship? Yes. If the Patriots or the Jets won two games, we'd go on to one of their houses.

Demonpenz
01-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I would be satisfied if Ty law could stay upright for entire game. That would be a christmas miricle

Baconeater
01-02-2007, 01:07 AM
I'll feel good about this season if we end Indy's. Anything else would be a bonus.

Demonpenz
01-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Free football sweet!

Halfcan
01-02-2007, 01:23 AM
I am happy that the Cheatin Donks flamed out-but would also like to see us beat the Dolts.

I don't think the NFl is going to let that happen. The refs are going to make sure of that.

Ari Chi3fs
01-02-2007, 03:08 AM
Im happy to be in the playoffs... but I wont be happy if we lose to Colts. Three playoff losses would suck ass.

I'd love to get Lamar his trophy...

Superbowl would be surreal.

Shit, Im happy we have this week of hope, right now. heh.

the Talking Can
01-02-2007, 06:59 AM
So....nothing that could happen in this post season could you make you happy about the 2006 Chiefs?

I'm thrilled that we're in the playoffs.

I'm not thrilled with the way we played during the season, but it doesn't matter now.

I guess winning a playoff game would make me say the whole season was a success.

Ultra Peanut
01-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!

I feel great about being in the playoffs.This.

TN_Chief
01-02-2007, 07:15 AM
I'd be happy to see some playoff success. A win or two would be good, a SB would be phenomenal. But for me it's not just about post-season success. I think we lucked out a bit to get here (had to depend on other teams losing late games during week 17)...we didn't really control our own destiny.

What would really make me happy can only occur next year. Seeing a team that plays well in every game, doesn't make stupid mental errors (calling the wrong play because you don't know the down/distance), etc. I won't say I want 16-0, because I don't think that's realistic. I just want to see a team that plays "clean" (i.e. no mistakes) games, beats the teams they're supposed to beat (Cleveland) and goes .500+ against the equal/better clubs.

stevieray
01-02-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm estatic...but I want the trophy that has our founder's name on it.

mylittlepony
01-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I belive in my heart we can beat both Colts and Bolts. I have a hard time seeing us beating either Ravens or Pats. So 2 wins would be sweet.

Arnt we automatically in with Bolts if we win this next one, us being the 6th seed?

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Arnt we automatically in with Bolts if we win this next one, us being the 6th seed?

I actually hadn't even thought about that. I'd rather play SD than the Ravens.

Chiefnj
01-02-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm happy that the Chiefs made the playoffs. I'm not happy how they made the playoffs (the 3 game December skid).

I'll be happy even with a playoff loss as long as the team comes out with some fire, plays well and isn't poorly coached. If at the end of the day the Colts are the better team, I can live with it. I see the Chiefs playing with house money at this point.

ROYC75
01-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Let's not kid ourselves here folks, OK.

The season ...... major disappointment.
Getting into the playoffs ...... a miracle, but a step in the right direction.
Playoff record ....... we must win, " You play to win the game" , just ask Herm, OK.

Anything less than a SB victory is a colossal failure ........ Ask Taco .

boogblaster
01-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Beat the Fillies..Blow-out the Clutchers..Smoke the Raybirds..Go to the SB and Skin da Bears.....

sd4chiefs
01-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I want to see the Chiefs beat Indy and then beat the Chargers. Then my neighbors will finally stop asking me if I was a Charger Fan yet.

siberian khatru
01-02-2007, 09:52 AM

Ditto.

Chiefs_Fan
01-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Two wins....I want the Colts and Bolts

bkkcoh
01-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Beat the Fillies..Blow-out the Clutchers..Smoke the Raybirds..Go to the SB and Skin da Bears.....

boog,

I think you have way too much confidence in da Bears..... RG is gonna screw them up big time...

I see us beating the Colts and coming close against the Chargers.....

Stewie
01-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Beat the Colts this week. After that it's all gravy. And a SD win... ah, what the hell, let's get a SB win.

Hydrae
01-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm estatic...but I want the trophy that has our founder's name on it.

If there was ever a time for destiny, this is the year.

I am happy we are in the playoffs but it will be a hollow victory if we just bow out in Indy this week. We owe them for past playoff losses and this is the year to leave Peyton at home late in the playoffs yet again. :)

So, I am happy we are in the playoffs.

A win in Indy will make me believe in this team again.

Taking the Lamar Hunt Trophy will be the cherry on top of the season.

Winning the SB is beyond my ability to imagine.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I can feel good that Will Shields gets another playoff shot. Gonzo sees that this team still could be a winner. And the team, even with a wildcard loss, could end the season believing in Herm's plan. There is a glimmer men

InChiefsHell
01-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Beat Colts...that makes me happy this week. Of course, then I get greedy and then I want to say get to the AFC Champ game by beating Marty's Bolts. Then of course, I say win that Lamar Hunt trophy in his honor. Then, what the hell, go win the Super Bowl.

I should be happy that we just made it in. And I am now. But that will change.

Boise State is an inspiring omen...

We are going to the Super Bowl. There, I said it.

Frazod
01-02-2007, 10:42 AM
For this bunch to make the playoffs is a good thing in and of itself (remember, this team lost to Cleveland). Making it in at Denver's expense is even better.

But I really want us to get that no-playoff-wins-since-whenever monkey off our backs. We have an excellent shot at beating the Colts. Beyond that, it would pretty much take a miracle. But I think we can get that one win.

Logical
01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Due to my low expectations for this team, one win in the playoffs and I would be delighted.

crazycoffey
01-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with so many of you, that I didn't want start put up quotes; there would be too many.

I am happy they are in, showing improvement spiradically throughout the year was good. Beating Indy and putting up a good fight in SD is a very realistic goal for our season. agree with that one too.

Optimistically. I want Lamar's trophy this year. Storybook ending to all the wonderful things a truely great person has done to impact all our lives especially regarding being football fans and the further extent of being chief fans.

I guess my answer is I'm already feeling good about the season. But the storyline implications this week vs Indy (yaddah yaddah, the revenge game). SD, Merriman, Marty, LTvsLJ, etc. = tuff odds. Lamar hunt trophy. Superbowl for the man who invented the term, man if we keep winning the sportscasters have a never ending supply of fodder, NFL network will be busy all off season.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2007, 12:10 PM

pretty much .... sneaking into the playoffs still doesn't change the way we played during the season.

but it's nice to be in the playoffs, and it would be nicer still if we actually showed some ballz while in the playoffs.

if we actually man-up and play tough it will give me more hope for next year.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Look, if we can beat the Colts, then I see NO reason why we can't win the whole damn thing.

SD? F them. We beat them once and can do it again.
Balt? F them. I'd love another shot at McNair.

mcan
01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Look, if we can beat the Colts, then I see NO reason why we can't win the whole damn thing.

SD? F them. We beat them once and can do it again.
Balt? F them. I'd love another shot at McNair.

I really think that, if our offense can step up to the plate and put up numbers like they did last year (read also: Solari keeps playing aggressive football like he has for the past two weeks) than there is no reason why we can't win 3 or 4 games.

In truth, I'd be very "satisfied" with our season if we beat the Colts, but that doesn't mean that a loss to San Diego would hurt any less. I voted for winning the AFC Championship, because after that... A SuperBowl would just be gravy.

chrisdel
01-02-2007, 12:46 PM

But that's what we've been under Carl - mediocre. Getting a playoff win and getting past the 13-year drought would be great, but we are 9-7. Can't expect a Super Bowl with that record. Just getting a playoff win, I think, is about as much as we can ask for, or what this team deserves.

mcan
01-02-2007, 12:56 PM
But that's what we've been under Carl - mediocre. Getting a playoff win and getting past the 13-year drought would be great, but we are 9-7. Can't expect a Super Bowl with that record. Just getting a playoff win, I think, is about as much as we can ask for, or what this team deserves.

No sir...

We're 0-0. Just like the rest of em. And all of these 0-0 teams are gunning for the Lombardi!!

htismaqe
01-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I'd be satisfied if we won against Indy, but for me to really be happy, we need to make it to the AFC championship.

shaneo69
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
This kinda reminds me of the 1994 season. Montana was in and out of the lineup all year, then we got lucky to make the playoffs at 9-7 after being 7-7 with two games left.

Of course, we then got smoked by the Dolphins in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I guess I will be satisfied with the 2006 season if Carl evaluates it objectively and then goes out and makes the necessary personnel changes for 2007 instead of just keeping the status quo after a miraculous playoff appearance.

Simplex3
01-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I am not into moral victories. Anything less than the SB every year is a disappointment.
Bingo.

Nzoner
01-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I haven't felt good about this season since I heard Herm was going to be our new coach,that said,I've always found a reason to get behind a KC coach but have yet to be able to do this with Herm.

So,to answer your question go out give Indy the payback they have coming and give me a reason to believe again.