PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Black vs. Dwight Freeney

Easy 6
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
So, our obvious gameplan will be to pound the rock...but what about those occasions that we have/want to sling it???

As low-profile as Freeney has been this year, i've been having nightmares about Black trying to contain this Whirling-Dervish Speed Freak.

I believe Black can atleast hold his own in the run game against him, but i think Freeney will TORTURE him in pass-pro. What can be done to help him???

Keep Bigfoot in to chip more???

Bring in a 3rd T in certain situations???

Slide Waters his way whenever possible???

Having Dunn out is going to limit our options, what can we do to keep Black from getting gutted & hung from a tree to bleed out on passing downs???

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Indy hasn't been able to get to the QB all year. Next to last in sacks. Not really worried about Freeney. More worried about our DEs getting to Manning. They'll need to for us to win.

Count Alex's Losses
01-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Freeney's going to be sucking buttermilk so hard from Black pounding his ass in the run game he won't be able to breathe when Trent Green drops back to pass. If you don't stop the run you don't get to rush the passer. It's an old adage in football and it's been proven true this year when teams play the Colts.

Bowser
01-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe we can get Kit's husband to snipe Freeney in the foot from the top level.

Easy 6
01-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Indy hasn't been able to get to the QB all year. Next to last in sacks. Not really worried about Freeney.

IMO, now is not the time to get cocky & try to hang our hat on that. They are at home, undersized but very quick & pissed off.

Freeney has the talent, regardless of the year he's had, to CRUCIFY Black in the passing game.

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Freeney's going to be sucking buttermilk so hard from Black pounding his ass in the run game he won't be able to breathe when Trent Green drops back to pass. If you don't stop the run you don't get to rush the passer. It's an old adage in football and it's been proven true this year when teams play the Colts.

And a lot of the Chiefs' pass protection problems have been jail breaks up the middle. I'm not worried about Freeney. If he starts disrupting things, give Black help. It's not like the rest of Indy's line will be set free if we shift help over to Black. They suck.

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Leave Kris in the backfield to chip on him, but only if Freeney presents a problem. You attack the best pass rushers side with screens to slow them down and make them think. On almost all the run plays Freeney runs himself outta the play.

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
IMO, now is not the time to get cocky & try to hang our hat on that. They are at home, undersized but very quick & pissed off.

Freeney has the talent, regardless of the year he's had, to CRUCIFY Black in the passing game.

I'm not getting cocky. I think a Chiefs' victory is unlikely, but it's not going to be because of Dwight Freeney. It's going to be because of Peyton Manning.

Bowser
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
In reality, Gonzalez will probably spend most of the game lining up next to Black on passing situations. Not big game receiveing for Gonzalez.

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 11:13 AM
In reality, Gonzalez will probably spend most of the game lining up next to Black on passing situations. Not big game receiveing for Gonzalez.

No way. Gonzalez will feast on the soft cover-2. TEs over the middle is a big weakness for the cover-2.

JBucc
01-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Was Terry our right tackle on Sunday? I didn't even pay attention. How has Mathis looked this year?

Bowser
01-02-2007, 11:16 AM
No way. Gonzalez will feast on the soft cover-2. TEs over the middle is a big weakness for the cover-2.

So you think they will leave Black on Freeney one-on-one?

Mr. Laz
01-02-2007, 11:21 AM
seems like everytime people say we should just "run wild" over somebody is doesn't happen.

our first play on offense should be a play-action pass.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2007, 11:22 AM

More than likely.

Freeney is good, but undersized. Hes basically Derrick Thomas reincarnated. If Black can keep pounding away at him in the run game, it will wear him down.

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 11:26 AM

Yeah, because I think Freeney will be slowed down by taking the split second to see if it's a hand-off to LJ. If it is, and he is in the backfield, and LJ is romping through the Colts' secondary...

If we don't get ourselves in a bunch of obvious passing situations, Freeney won't be a factor...And against Indy and with LJ, is there such a thing as an obvious passing situation?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-02-2007, 11:27 AM
So Trent gets knocked out & Huard comes in. That would make so many of the haters happy

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
The key to this game isn't LJ, it's Michael Bennett. We should try to have two guys go over 100 in this game. Get Bennett 15-18 touches combined with 30 for LJ and we'll steamroll them.

Easy 6
01-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Was Terry our right tackle on Sunday? I didn't even pay attention. How has Mathis looked this year?

Welbourn, he's slowly getting his legs back IMO. Still struggles in pass-pro, but his run blocking is picking up.

I'm not sure about Mathis individually, but taken on the whole, he cant be doing that well.

As for TG, i think he will get 5 or 6 key plays but otherwise be doing a LOT of blocking.

No way does Solari put Black on an island with Freeney.

Its the playoffs, the Indy D COULD show up.

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 11:31 AM
seems like everytime people say we should just "run wild" over somebody is doesn't happen.

I don't have much worry that Indy will stop us moving from the ball. Keys to the game are scoring TDs instead of FGs. This is a game where Herm could really hurt us by not going for it on 4th and short. Indy is going to score no matter what field position we give them. We just have to make the most of our possessions.

Demonpenz
01-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Johnson had a billion yards this year. He ran wild on almost everyone

Easy 6
01-02-2007, 12:18 PM

our first play on offense should be a play-action pass.

Theres a lot of truth in that 1st sentence, it happens to teams every single week.

The 1st play suggestion sounds good too, hit a BIG strike right outta the gates.

But i also wouldnt mind seeing a power formation with a T eligible to start, letting them know "Its gonna be a LONG & BRUTAL" day. Get'em sucking wind & THEN unleash some PA.

Fat Elvis
01-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Put 10 men on the line and hike the ball directly to LJ on every single play.

crunk-colt
01-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Indy hasn't been able to get to the QB all year. Next to last in sacks. Not really worried about Freeney. More worried about our DEs getting to Manning. They'll need to for us to win.

sorry but you have no idea what youre talking about. you have never watched a colts game, i'm assuming? maybe they dont have a lot of sacks because teams always run!!! do you expect them to sack the QB before he hands the ball off?

acasas4
01-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Put 10 men on the line and hike the ball directly to LJ on every single play.:)

patteeu
01-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Indy has one of the leagues' worst pass rushes this season so I'm not too worried about Dwight Freeney this week. If the Colts get more than one sack this week, they'll be overachieving.

crunk-colt
01-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Indy has one of the leagues' worst pass rushes this season so I'm not too worried about Dwight Freeney this week. If the Colts get more than one sack this week, they'll be overachieving.

youre so dumb. look about a couple posts above.

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 01:16 PM
sorry but you have no idea what youre talking about. you have never watched a colts game, i'm assuming? maybe they dont have a lot of sacks because teams always run!!! do you expect them to sack the QB before he hands the ball off?

Yeah, teams don't pass that much against Indy, but when they do it's often third and long. It's a lot easier to get a sack on third and long than second and short.

Sacks usually come in obvious passing situations, and Indy has seen the same number of those as other teams. Indy's pass rush is NOT good.

blsilks
01-07-2007, 09:40 PM
So, our obvious gameplan will be to pound the rock...but what about those occasions that we have/want to sling it???

As low-profile as Freeney has been this year, i've been having nightmares about Black trying to contain this Whirling-Dervish Speed Freak.

I believe Black can atleast hold his own in the run game against him, but i think Freeney will TORTURE him in pass-pro. What can be done to help him???

Keep Bigfoot in to chip more???

Bring in a 3rd T in certain situations???

Slide Waters his way whenever possible???

Having Dunn out is going to limit our options, what can we do to keep Black from getting gutted & hung from a tree to bleed out on passing downs???

Getting past Jordan Black is so easy a Cave Man could do it.

Easy 6
01-07-2007, 09:43 PM
There are some very prophetic posts in this thread.