PDA

View Full Version : How Stupid You Sound Calling For Huard

petegz28
01-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Should Huard of been pulled? Maybe, maybe not. Should Green be pulled now? HELL NO!

Why in the hell would you want to give a career backup QB who lucked out that he didn't throw a few more int's, who hasn't practiced as the starter for the last 5 weeks, the start in your first playoff game on the road at Indy with 1 week of practice?

I can already hear it now if we lose the whole rant will be "we should of put in Huard".

Thing is Huard didn't do anything Green can't do. He had one pass tipped and was bailed out on another by an all world catch by Kennison against Jacksonville.

People forget the beautiful touchdown pass Green threw into a no-one-got-fooled flea flicker. The fumble was dumb I agree. But Huard was good for one of those a game.

StcChief
01-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Green no Doubt. experience first.

Fire Me Boy!
01-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Keep ****ing doubting Vinnie Testaverde!

dj56dt58
01-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Huard got us to the playoffs, not green If Trent didnt get hurt in game 1, we wouldn't have made it

petegz28
01-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Huard got us to the playoffs, not green If Trent didnt get hurt in game 1, we wouldn't have made it

Maytbe so. But he hasn't played the last 5 weeks so get over it.

Huard also got to play teams like Arizona, St. Louis and Seattle.

Cleveland was not Green's fault. Then he faced Baltimore and the Chargers in San Diego.

OOPS

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2007, 01:17 PM

:rolleyes:

Fire Me Boy!
01-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I think that's not true at all. The problems Trent's having are a direct result of that hit in game one -- he lost his timing, being out 8 weeks and unable to practice for most of that WILL have an effect. Damon Huard did not WIN any games for the Chiefs, he just didn't LOSE any games for the Chiefs.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
It's good to know that you could predict what would happen?! :rolleyes:

What are today's lotto #'s?!

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Huard got us to the playoffs, not green If Trent didnt get hurt in game 1, we wouldn't have made itI totally disagree. I think that hit, and the off time have affected Green's play. If it hadn't happened, I think our record would likely be a game or two better.

Frankie
01-02-2007, 01:21 PM
1- Trent should not be judged this year. The man has had cerebral hemourage and is trying to play the most cerebral position in football.

2- I loved Huard's play. But he has not played a down of playoff games.

Trent is our QB. The Chiefs will go down or move up WITH him.

El Jefe
dj56dt58, I cant disagree more with you. In the first game we sucked in almost all aspects of the game. Trents ability to win games this season shouldnt have been based on 2 quarters of bad football against the Bengals. We dont know if he would of just took the loss and moved on and improved from that game, which I think is what a savvy experienced QB would do. Trent Green is the starter for the playoffs and he should be, I like Damon Huard too but he had some crappy games like against the Fins, Broncos, and even the 1/2 of the Bengals game where I lost track of how many times he fumbled.
I bet your saying he didnt have bad games, because he didnt turn the ball over, well he didnt make plays either. See you would say well the Bengals game he came in for the first time in who knows how long, but the same thing would have to happen if he started in the playoffs, he hasnt taken first string snaps in like 5 weeks, I mean starting him would be entirely stupid IMO.

Wile_E_Coyote
Is this the easiest D Green has faced all year?

petegz28
01-02-2007, 01:22 PM
I totally disagree. I think that hit, and the off time have affected Green's play. If it hadn't happened, I think our record would likely be a game or two better.

We beat Miami with a healthy Trent Green.

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes he has had a few bad games but he started for us for 81 straight games for a reason. Those are just my thoughts take them with a grain of salt.

El Jefe
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Petegz28 I agree with you on this whole subject.

KcMizzou
We beat Miami with a healthy Trent Green.I'd add Denver on the road.

Frankie
I totally disagree. I think that hit, and the off time have affected Green's play. If it hadn't happened, I think our record would likely be a game or two better.
I totally agree.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Raiders & SD at thier house, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Denver-overrated maybe. But those are a tough bunch

Fire Me Boy!
01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
We beat Miami with a healthy Trent Green.
We'd beat Denver in game two with Trent Green.

alpha_omega
01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
People forget the beautiful touchdown pass Green threw into a no-one-got-fooled flea flicker.

That WAS a great throw!!!!!!!!!

Reerun_KC
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
That WAS a great throw!!!!!!!!!

Or EK's catch of a lifetime on the sideline that made Huard look good as well..

Greens TD to Kennison, we have seen Green make that throw 100 times....

Frankie
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Gee I hope so. Remember the no-punt playoff win they had against us a few years ago at Arrowhead? They won that one close because they had an average D and we had the worse(worst) D. Now it's time to pay them back on their own turf, the Ds situation being reversed.

L.A. Chieffan
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM
This is getting crazy. I have seen numerous polls for a billion different subjects on this board but I don't remember seeing one that said "Green or Huard". How come someone has created that one yet?
Or would that be like the start of the Civil War?
Brother against Brother.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2007, 01:40 PM
1- Trent should not be judged this year.

WHAT? Shouldn't be judged by his play this year? What, is he going to start for the Chiefs in 2025 as well because the excuse then will be his age? What's your criteria for a starting QB (or ANY position?).

The man has had cerebral hemourage and is trying to play the most cerebral position in football.

Then why in the freakin' world is he on the football field?

duncan_idaho
01-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Huard played against two good defenses (Pittsburgh and Miami - San Diego doesn't count, as they were without several of their top linebackers).

I think we all remember what happened in those games. The offense did jack. Huard looked like crap in both games - rushing throws, sailing passes (especially against Miami).

He's a nice, solid backup that can come in and win games his team SHOULD win, but he isn't going to do anything special.

Neither is Green at this point, but we shouldn't need anything special to execute the game plan against the Colts. Pound LJ and hit Gonzalez down the seam. It's simple, really.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-02-2007, 01:45 PM
the Cleveland game doesn't count for Trent, though I'm not sure why 4 TDs don't

ROYC75
01-02-2007, 01:46 PM

Is this football 101 ?

FTR, Trent is always slow starting the year after PS. Trent always gets better as the season goes along. For Trent to sit out for time he did,it was like PS all over again. It will take time for Trent to get his timing down and in sync.

Does / is Trent having a hard time now and stinking it up now ? YES, but in theoverall picture, play the one who is more experenced and can take you farther when things are in place.

Would we be better off had Trent not went down ? Hell yes, we would be much better off ..........

If Huard was all everyone thinks he is, he would have been starting instead of Trent the last 3 years.......... Huard was a backup player who only started after the an injury to the starting QB. Can he pull a Rich Gannon ? Only time will tell .........

FringeNC
01-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Yes. No doubt Green has struggled against good defenses, as has Huard. Miami and Pittsburgh ring a bell?

Green will be fine unless he is forced to throw off his back foot all day long. He's terrible when forced to do that. When he can step up and throw, he's damn good.

Simply Red
01-02-2007, 02:00 PM
yawn

Reerun_KC
01-02-2007, 02:04 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PinkFloyd
01-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Like Herm said in his press conference --- Green will start... But; if he feels like pulling him and putting in Huard --- he will do so...

And that's how it should be... He said you play to win in this "one and done situation"... If someone is not getting the job done --- you find someone who will...

For the sake of everyone on here who believes in Green --- I hope we DO make the Super Bowl --- but I hope it's not with Huard for all the Huard bashers... Cause if that's the case --- the Green supporters will get it from all sides...

I don't care who get's us there... I just want SOMEONE to get us there...

dj56dt58
01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Trent holds on to the ball way too damn long. He no longer has the offensive line to do that with anymore. That's his main problem. That's why all the sacks and fumbles. The Interceptions you can say because he hasn't played a lot because of the injury. However he's been back long enough now to start making better decisions. People's argument against Huard was that He wouldn't have done any better than Trent in those games. Well Trent played poorly again Sunday, yet when Huard came in he made some plays that helped win the game. Hell, if Trent doesn't get injured Sunday we probably lose that game and miss the playoffs. Huard has made some amazing throws this year while trent throws tight sprials right to the other team. How can you not say Huard>Green right now?

dj56dt58
01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
It's good to know that you could predict what would happen?! :rolleyes:

What are today's lotto #'s?!

not necassarily in that order

petegz28
01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Trent holds on to the ball way too damn long. He no longer has the offensive line to do that with anymore. That's his main problem. That's why all the sacks and fumbles. The Interceptions you can say because he hasn't played a lot because of the injury. However he's been back long enough now to start making better decisions. People's argument against Huard was that He wouldn't have done any better than Trent in those games. Well Trent played poorly again Sunday, yet when Huard came in he made some plays that helped win the game. Hell, if Trent doesn't get injured Sunday we probably lose that game and miss the playoffs. Huard has made some amazing throws this year while trent throws tight sprials right to the other team. How can you not say Huard>Green right now?

Yeah those passes he made especially the bomb to Kennison for a TD really sucked!

Calcountry
01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Or EK's catch of a lifetime on the sideline that made Huard look good as well..

Greens TD to Kennison, we have seen Green make that throw 100 times....My problem isn't with Greens ability to make plays it is his decisions and game management that has me worried.

Chiefsfan12
01-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by dj56dt58
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya but if Trent didn't get hurt, he might still have his timing. The Denver game in week 2 might have been won because we could have put more trust into a QB that could throw down field.