PDA

View Full Version : Green injured?

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 01:16 PM
UPDATE: METRO SPORTS just showed tape of Trent Green with a massively taped ankle and visibly limping. Herm tells Metro Sports that he won't know who will actually start game time although Green is the scheduled starter. Damon Huard says Trent is the starter but he is nicked up and Huard will be ready to go. Huard took more snaps than usual today in practice.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155627

Scouts Inc. reports that Green has a spraigned/injured ankle. I was at the game and he got rolled pretty hard and had to come out. I hope he's OK, but if that knee is tender, a big hit might take him out of the Colts game (not that I want Trent injured - he's a great American).

BTW, Huard does NOT have a concussion.

Halfcan
01-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Your other thread you posted you hoped Green would get hurt ( but not bad).

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Your other thread you posted you hoped Green would get hurt ( but not bad).

That was for football effect, not personal injury.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Odd.

PinkFloyd
01-02-2007, 01:22 PM
I just heard the Chiefs picked up Len Dawson off waivers... :)

Wile_E_Coyote
his brother-in-law posted earlier today that Trent would have a good game on Satuday & make the haters wrong

Sure-Oz
I bet he is fine, he played the rest of the game after he went out a few plays. Sucks at the Boo's he got, stupid fans.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
his brother-in-law posted earlier today that Trent would have a good game on Satuday & make the haters wrong
I'm far from a hater, but I hope his B-in-law in correct...

luv
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm sure, if it was that bad, that he would not have gone back in after only a few minutes on Sunday.

KurtCobain
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
hmm..

Donger
Do the boos hurt?

ďIt doesnít hurt,Ē Green said. ďIt just bothers me because now Iíve got to go home and have a discussion with my kids. They are like, ĎDad, you guys won. Why were people booing you?í Thatís hard. Thatís part of being a parent.

ďÖ. So Iíll use this as an opportunity to try and help them grow and just understand that things arenít always going to go your way, and people arenít always going to be as supportive, and you just have to believe in what youíre doing and believe in your teammates.Ē

POP
I just heard the Chiefs picked up Len Dawson off waivers... :)
LMAO

KurtCobain
Which knee did he have surgery on?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Who is Trent's brother-in-law?

Phobia
01-02-2007, 01:28 PM

Clint Green in Wichita

Brock
01-02-2007, 01:30 PM
The Talking Green.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Hootie

Chiefs Pantalones
Clint Green in Wichita

ROFL

C-Mac

Phobiticus

Calcountry
01-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I bet he is fine, he played the rest of the game after he went out a few plays. Sucks at the Boo's he got, stupid fans.How else are the fans suppose to communicate their disagreement with the coaching decision?

Nothing against Green as a Human Being, he is a class act all the way, but this is about WINNING a football game. Sorry, but Green had a shitty game. He had a shitty game against San Diego as well. I do believe he threw a pick in the end zone of the Browns game as well.

TG just isn't as effective as he once was, EVEN IF ROAF was still here.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
The Talking Green.

LOL, awesome...

shyguyms
how can clint Green be his brother in law with the same last name, he is not from WV so he wouldn't of married a family member,lol

NewChief
Totally stupid. It was his ankle, not his knee. He was jacked up, but he'll go on Saturday.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 01:35 PM
HalfGreen.

Makes sense...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
how can clint Green be his brother in law with the same last name, he is not from WV so he wouldn't of married a family member,lol

That's how midwesterners roll.

I'm taking my sister out for dinner and sex tonight.

Calcountry
01-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Do the boos hurt?

ďIt doesnít hurt,Ē Green said. ďIt just bothers me because now Iíve got to go home and have a discussion with my kids. They are like, ĎDad, you guys won. Why were people booing you?í Thatís hard. Thatís part of being a parent.

ďÖ. So Iíll use this as an opportunity to try and help them grow and just understand that things arenít always going to go your way, and people arenít always going to be as supportive, and you just have to believe in what youíre doing and believe in your teammates.ĒHe should also explain to his kids, "Daddy had a poor game, I didn't play that well, honestly. The fans pay good money and expect good performances, some of them express themselves that way when they are disappointed. I am sure it isn't personal, just a game day gut reaction, and I don't hold it personally against them. I just got to go out and do a better job next time son. We aren't perfect all the time, I just have to do my best and accept the consequences."

Reggie Jackson, when bood, use to say, "Hey, thats cool, that's all right, they paid for their ticket, and it is their right." then the foo would come out and hit 2 Jacks and shut them up.

Phobia
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM

That's a great question. We can't put anything past you.

Maybe his BIL is Cody Greenizen.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 01:43 PM
That's a great question. We can't put anything past you.

Maybe his BIL is Cody Greenizen.

I gave Green my QBing skills via the Fortris of Solitude.

KurtCobain
01-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Mr T.

"I pity the fool who plays Damon Huard!"

Chief Henry
01-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Clint Green in Wichita

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2007, 01:51 PM
There is really only one man that wishes Green is injured...

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/20/hootie/image.jpg

KCJohnny
01-03-2007, 05:10 PM
UPDATE: METRO SPORTS just showed tape of Trent Green with a massively taped ankle and visibly limping. Herm tells Metro Sports that he won't know who will actually start game time although Green is the scheduled starter. Damon Huard says Trent is the starter but he is nicked up anf Huard will be ready to go. Huard took more snps than usual today in practice...

Count Zarth
01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Well. This is certainly getting interesting.

HMc
01-03-2007, 05:20 PM
i don't want to debate it but it could be a blessing in disguise IMO

Donger
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
UPDATE: METRO SPORTS just showed tape of Trent Green with a massively taped ankle and visibly limping. Herm tells Metro Sports that he won't know who will actually start game time although Green is the scheduled starter. Damon Huard says Trent is the starter but he is nicked up anf Huard will be ready to go. Huard took more snps than usual today in practice...

FWIW, Green's listed as probable on the injury report.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/01/03/injury_report__colts/

PinkFloyd
01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
WOW !!!

Green has a busted ankle...

Huard has a RUMORED concussion...

Croyle and Printers have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO experience...

:hmmm:

:hmmm:

YESSSSSSSSS !!!! Kendall Gammons is well rested thru out the year only long snapping... He's our starting QB !!!!

:clap:

stanleychief
01-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I just wish Green could hit our receivers in stride like Huard seems to be able to do. I can't count the number of times I've seen one hoppers and low passes this year from Trent. He had a few good passes in the Jax game, but Huard still looked sharper to me. I'd start Trent, but if his evil step brother 'TrINT' shows up instead, I'd yank him out sooner rather than later.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Its Brody Croyles time to shine!!!

Count Zarth
01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I just wish Green could hit our receivers in stride like Huard seems to be able to do. .

Are you kidding me? He hit Parker in stride...and the pass was dropped.

SPchief
01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Is Jeff George available?

Simply Red
01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Enough of the Green Huard jiberish already. In all honesty it probably will have virtually the same outcome.

Which is?

Well hopefully a "W" or close.

stanleychief
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM

See under, "He had a few good passes in the Jax game". Other than a few attempts that looked good, the rest looked pretty poor. The stats don't lie.

Count Zarth
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
The stats don't lie.

Which stat is that?

splatbass
01-03-2007, 06:58 PM
See under, "He had a few good passes in the Jax game". Other than a few attempts that looked good, the rest looked pretty poor. The stats don't lie.

That flea flicker sure was a beautiful pass, despite LJ's poor toss back to him.

KCJohnny
01-03-2007, 07:20 PM
That WAS a perfect pass, I can't believe Samie didn't catch that one. Surely would have been 6 and Trent looks great if Parker does his job. But that sword cuts both ways - in the Jax game Huard tosses a beauty right to Parker inside the 5 and Parker doesn't even look up (I think he was shoved in the back). So coulda/shoulda/woulda applies to both QBs.

stanleychief
01-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Which stat is that?

Pick whatever stat you like..

Green - 7 TDs
Huard - 11 TDs

Green - 9 Ints
Huard - 1 Int

Green - 74.1 QB rating
Huard - 98.0 QB Rating

Reerun_KC
01-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Pick whatever stat you like..

Green - 7 TDs
Huard - 11 TDs

Green - 9 Ints
Huard - 1 Int

Green - 74.1 QB rating
Huard - 98.0 QB Rating

Trent Green
Probowl QB

Damon Huard
Career Backup..

Wow the planet is full of retards....

Mark M
01-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Trent Green
Probowl QB

Damon Huard
Career Backup..

Wow the planet is full of retards....

Gee, that's funny ... Gannon was a career backup who many Chiefs fans think should've started that '97 playoff game.

Listen -- I'm a huge fan of Trent's. But the guy simply is not the same QB we've seen the past few years. He looks lost, scared, and completely unaware of what the hell is going on around him. And only a retard would try and refute that.

IMHO, Green gets the start, but if he goes out there and lays a complete turd in the first half, I say Huard should replace him.

MM
~~:shrug:

wutamess
01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
FOOTBALL GODs: :grovel: PLEASE let Huard start the game and finish the SB run.

KCJohnny
01-03-2007, 10:03 PM
FOOTBALL GODs: :grovel: PLEASE let Huard start the game and finish the SB run.

Never discount the power of a praying man. Just not sure who these football gods are. I think Lamar is in with the the Big Guy, but then again, I don't want to be accused of bringing up religion on a football BB...

KCBOSS1
01-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I just got done watching re-play Green throw the Flea-flicker to Kennison again after a lousy pitch back from Johnson....beautiful pass.

He did miss a few pretty bad, some which looked like route problems, but you won't ever hear him say anything about it.

He will probably find the MoJo in the Playoffs. This is not a Grbac/Gannon deal.....I was furious over that deal....Grbac was never a gamer..never a leader. Trent is not Grbac. Trent has been nothing short of an exceptional leader...a gunslinger without any defensive backup for years. The defense has been in a slump the whole time. He shows the fans nothing but respect even when they're booing him. It would be so good to see some more of that here.

I was afraid that he would have a tough time finding getting in sync and I wouldn't blame Herm for pulling him if he is seriously struggling. But the cool thing to me is that this is totally Herm's call and he seems to get it.

I hope that he not only starts through the playoffs, but for the next 2 seasons, breaks the Chiefs passing record in a lot fewer games than Dawson, wins a superbowl and forever secures himself as the best Chief's quarterback ever....that he is.

There, that's my opinion

RINGLEADER
01-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Gee, that's funny ... Gannon was a career backup who many Chiefs fans think should've started that '97 playoff game.

Listen -- I'm a huge fan of Trent's. But the guy simply is not the same QB we've seen the past few years. He looks lost, scared, and completely unaware of what the hell is going on around him. And only a retard would try and refute that.

IMHO, Green gets the start, but if he goes out there and lays a complete turd in the first half, I say Huard should replace him.

MM

Well said.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I only hope we re-sign Huard. Otherwise we'll be facing him twice a year wearing silver and black...

RINGLEADER
01-03-2007, 11:07 PM
FWIW, Green's listed as probable on the injury report.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/01/03/injury_report__colts/

Which means he's a virtually certainty to play.

The Colts, on the other hand have just about every receiver (Wayne, Proehl, Clark) listed as doubtful meaning they're only 50-50 to go...

hmm...

KCBOSS1
01-03-2007, 11:16 PM

MM

I'm a totally biased Green supporter....but I don't necessarily disagree with that. But it does have to be a complete turd.....not just a fart and a couple of droplets.

KCBOSS1
01-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I know that most of you guys have had sports injuries. I played with a bad, re-occuring ankle problem. That first couple of days after a sprain is really tough with a lot of stiffness. But I'm sure he will be alright.

HMc
01-03-2007, 11:56 PM
i can see arguments for both QBs but im so f*cking sick of the "Green is a Prowl Bowl QB, Huard is a career backup for a reason." BS.

Steve Young was a backup for a while aswell.

KCJohnny
01-04-2007, 12:00 AM
i can see arguments for both QBs but im so f*cking sick of the "Green is a Prowl Bowl QB, Huard is a career backup for a reason."
BS.

Steve Young was a backup for a while aswell.

As was Len Dawson and Rich Gannon.

BWillie
01-04-2007, 12:46 AM
As was Len Dawson and Rich Gannon.

Rich Gannon sucks, has sucked, and will always suck. Short passes dink passes does not make you god. Elvis Grbac was better than Rich Gannon during that QB controversy. It reminds me of when Chicago just happened to win with Kyle Orton last year. It woudln't of really mattered. Yes, Gannon was very successful at Oakland, and was a great system QB there. But in our system, I'm still convinced Grbac was better. Call me crazy

Ebolapox
01-04-2007, 01:08 AM
There is really only one man that wishes Green is injured...

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/20/hootie/image.jpg

but...but... isn't kirby puckett dead??

CupidStunt
01-04-2007, 04:41 AM
Trent Green
Probowl QB

Damon Huard
Career Backup..

Yeah, and Priest Holmes and Willie Roaf used to be good, too.

stanleychief
01-04-2007, 08:06 AM
I just got done watching re-play Green throw the Flea-flicker to Kennison again after a lousy pitch back from Johnson....beautiful pass.

He did miss a few pretty bad, some which looked like route problems, but you won't ever hear him say anything about it.

He will probably find the MoJo in the Playoffs. This is not a Grbac/Gannon deal.....I was furious over that deal....Grbac was never a gamer..never a leader. Trent is not Grbac. Trent has been nothing short of an exceptional leader...a gunslinger without any defensive backup for years. The defense has been in a slump the whole time. He shows the fans nothing but respect even when they're booing him. It would be so good to see some more of that here.

I was afraid that he would have a tough time finding getting in sync and I wouldn't blame Herm for pulling him if he is seriously struggling. But the cool thing to me is that this is totally Herm's call and he seems to get it.

I hope that he not only starts through the playoffs, but for the next 2 seasons, breaks the Chiefs passing record in a lot fewer games than Dawson, wins a superbowl and forever secures himself as the best Chief's quarterback ever....that he is.

There, that's my opinion

I think you nailed it. I'd like nothing more than to see Trent be the MVP of the Superbowl. The guy has a lot of class, and has been a great leader on and off the field. There's no question that everyone likes a guy like that and wants to see him win. I would also agree that the things he has done for KC's offense since he came over has been nothing short of pro bowl caliber, with the exception of a few years.

I'm not even sure Trent's problems are his own fault. Protection has been shaky throughout the year and there have been a lot of dropped passes. His supporting cast has been questionable to say the least.

That being said, if Trent isn't able to get something going in this game, I just hope we don't wait until we're down by a significant amount of points, and wait until it is too late to make the switch. For whatever reason, Huard seems to be able to provide somewhat of a spark for this team when he's playing. Trent more than deserves the start, but I don't want to see him stink up the joint and have the Chiefs get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs just because we were loyal to a fault.

Brock
01-04-2007, 08:07 AM

I'd still take Willie Roaf over what we have right now.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2007, 08:15 AM

Yeah and so was Derrick Thomas and Niel Smith.. Ross and Lewis, Hasty and Carter, Big Dan Salumua and Joe Phillips, Cherry and Burress, Tongue and Woods, This could go on and on and on..

Hey if you want to whine about it, Call the Savior Herm, He got this team here and created this mess...

Shouldnt you be addressing it with him?

CupidStunt
01-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah and so was Derrick Thomas and Niel Smith.. Ross and Lewis, Hasty and Carter, Big Dan Salumua and Joe Phillips, Cherry and Burress, Tongue and Woods, This could go on and on and on..

Hey if you want to whine about it, Call the Savior Herm, He got this team here and created this mess...

Shouldnt you be addressing it with him?

WTF?

Point is this: what Green did prior to this season, like Huard, means dick.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2007, 10:34 AM
WTF?

Point is this: what Green did prior to this season, like Huard, means dick.

Exactly! So why isnt Herm listening to you? Obviously Huard gives us our best chance of winning on Saturday..

Why wont Herm listen to you, I just dont understand that part.

KCJohnny
01-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Herm just said on 810 sports radio that Green took every snap in practice today and looked "Mah-velous". We'll see. I have a feeling he hurts that ankle again and we see Huard for at least 2 quarters.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Herm just said on 810 sports radio that Green took every snap in practice today and looked "Mah-velous". We'll see. I have a feeling he hurts that ankle again and we see Huard for at least 2 quarters.

god I hope he stays healthy.... I remember Huard playing Pitt, Denver and Miami all on the road. I really dont want to go through that agian....

PastorMikH
01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Herm's not waiting until Saturday to start playing the game, he's playing it now. Keep Indy guessing on the QB. Make them spend extra time on defending both QBs. Keep them guessing.

KCJohnny
01-04-2007, 12:33 PM
god I hope he stays healthy.... I remember Huard playing Pitt, Denver and Miami all on the road. I really dont want to go through that agian....

What were Green's stats in the 2004 win over Indy at Arrowhead - didn't he throw for nearly 400 yards?

elvomito
01-04-2007, 12:40 PM
What were Green's stats in the 2004 win over Indy at Arrowhead - didn't he throw for nearly 400 yards?yep pretty close, 389
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041031_IND@KC

KCJohnny
01-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Gonzales had 125 yards receiving in that game. hint. hint.