PDA

View Full Version : Last Time DH relieved aging QB in playoffs...

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
It was NOT pretty.
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/011600/spf_1815766.html

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SKD TD INT
Dan Marino 25 11 95 2 1 2
D. Huard 16 5 46 3 0 0
Total 41 16 141 5 1 2

Marino fumbled, got picked twice, sacked twice, it was sad. By the time Huard came in, it was 48-7. Just food for thought...

PinkFloyd
01-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Green fumbled, got picked twice, sacked twice, it was sad. By the time Huard came in, it was 48-7. Just food for thought...

Hopefully THIS is what it won't be saying in the Sunday paper after the game...

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Hopefully THIS is what it won't be saying in the Sunday paper after the game...
ROFL

I know its not funny, but I had to laugh!

Dartgod
01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
This is a dumb comparison. Miami had NO running game back then.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 03:22 PM
This is a dumb comparison. Miami had NO running game back then.

Whatever. For those of us who saw the game, it was a humiliating way for a first ballot HoFer to end his brilliant career.

htismaqe
01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Whatever. For those of us who saw the game, it was a humiliating way for a first ballot HoFer to end his brilliant career.

Why didn't you just say "I'm not touching your point with a 10-foot pole"?

It means the same thing and it's not nearly as deceitful.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Why didn't you just say "I'm not touching your point with a 10-foot pole"?

It means the same thing and it's not nearly as deceitful.

I don't accept the "no running game" excuse for such an awful butt whupping. Marino looked old and decrepit in that game. Even the Miami press said so:

On a glorious sunny afternoon, there was not a glimmer of shine in Marino. At 38, he looked older than George Blanda in his last days with the Oakland Raiders. His passes had little zip and even less accuracy. And it certainly didn't help that his receivers got about as much separation from the Jaguars' defenders as Siegfried from Roy.

This game only validated what all the Marino critics have been saying about him losing his fastball. This was Exhibit A for anyone who argues that the future Hall of Famer can't get it done any more against the league's elite teams. Marino was not only overmatched, he appeared over the hill.

Watching No. 13 in the first 18 minutes of this game was like a football version of euthanasia. Even Jaguars fans who relished this Fish fry had to feel an ounce of compassion as Marino struggled just to complete a pass. At one point, he was 0 for 7 with two interceptions, two sacks and a lost fumble returned for a touchdown.

Even Trent Dilfer on his worst day does better than that. Could anybody have imagined that the Jaguars would be leading 38-0 before Marino completed his first pass?

BWillie
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Ya well, it doesn't look like he threw any picks. What do you expect? If you are a QB that comes in the game when you are losing by that much, I wouldn't expact you to have great stats. I'm sure he was trying to force the issue downfield to get a W.

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Ya well, it doesn't look like he threw any picks. What do you expect? If you are a QB that comes in the game when you are losing by that much, I wouldn't expact you to have great stats. I'm sure he was trying to force the issue downfield to get a W.

Oh, I agree. This was not a post about Huard per se, its about letting aging QBs start playoff games. I think Trent at 36 is way better than Marino at 38, but Huard was better than both, then and now, and if he is called in after the game spins out of control, it won't be pretty. Unless DH has some of Frank Reich's DNA...

Dartgod
01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Whatever. For those of us who saw the game, it was a humiliating way for a first ballot HoFer to end his brilliant career.Oh, I agree. This was not a post about Huard per se, its about letting aging QBs start playoff games. I think Trent at 36 is way better than Marino at 38, but Huard was better than both, then and now, and if he is called in after the game spins out of control, it won't be pretty. Unless DH has some of Frank Reich's DNA...I take it then, that you won't be watching the game? You know, since we have no chance with Grandpa Trent starting and all.

Brock
01-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I take it then, that you won't be watching the game? You, know, since we have no chance with Grandpa Trent starting and all.

This guy thought Donnell Bennet was good. I wouldn't wait around for a rational logical response.

Dartgod
01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Since we're breaking out articles about over the hill QBs starting in the the playoffs (which, by the way, have no relevance on our game this weekend), I'll offer up this...
French explorer Ponce de Leon searched years for the Fountain of Youth in South Florida. Too bad John Elway wasn't around then to show him where it was.

"It's amazing," the 38-year-old Elway explained Monday, a day after being named Super Bowl XXXIII's Most Valuable Player. "I was talking to (Miami Dolphins quarterback) Danny Marino the other night and I said, 'No wonder you're talking about playing three more years. You get down here in the sun and your bones feel pretty good.' "

http://www.superbowl.com/history/mvps/game/sbxxxiii

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
This guy thought Donnell Bennet was good. I wouldn't wait around for a rational logical response.

I don't him any response. He owes me $100.

DenverChief
01-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Knock off the negative crap soldier

Dartgod
01-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't him any response. He owes me $100.
That wasn't a bet. I was being quite literal. I had a $100 bill in my pocket and I swear I heard it say, "There's no way that KCJohnny will respond to that post".

Honest...

KCJohnny
01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
That wasn't a bet. I was being quite literal. I had a $100 bill in my pocket and I swear I heard it say, "There's no way that KCJohnny will respond to that post".

Honest...

:spock: