PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou vs MSU

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 06:12 PM
On Metro sports now in KC.

Mizzou up 13-3

Lawrence with 3 three-pointers in the first 3 minutes.

PastorMikH
01-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Go :Mizzou:!!!

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Suddenly its 15-13 Mizzou

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 06:58 PM
43-37 Mizzou at halftime

been a game of runs

iwasthere
01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
too bad Mizzou won't play the MSU that everybody wants too see. Missouri State. everyone continues to dodge the Valley.

Saulbadguy
01-02-2007, 07:39 PM
too bad Mizzou won't play the MSU that everybody wants too see. Missouri State. everyone continues to dodge the Valley.
Mississippi State is a better team than Missouri State.

Skip Towne
01-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I thought they were talking about Michigan State.

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I thought they were talking about Michigan State.
Nah, Saul's right.

I should have been more clear.

66-59 Mizzou now

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Man.. Hannah's something else.

Love that guy.

Mosbonian
01-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Hannah is what the Tigers have been looking for in their Guards...

mmaddog

siberian khatru
01-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Quality win for MU.

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Game over.

83-75 Mizzou

Nice win.

Skip Towne
01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I realize Valley teams did pretty well in the tourney last year so I thought I'd watch a game and try to get interested in it. So a tape delay of SIU - WSU was on FSN Midwest this afternoon. I lasted about 15 minutes and nearly fell asleep. There were 7 white guys on the court most of the time. There was a very small crowd and it was so quiet in there you could hear the sneakers squeaking on the court. WSU's announcers are worse than bad. They talk in a monotone and are very dry and boring. I moved my estimation of Chief-a-roo's IQ down 10 points as a result. Anybody that can be entertained by that would be happy watching the wind blow.

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I realize Valley teams did pretty well in the tourney last year so I thought I'd watch a game and try to get interested in it. So a tape delay of SIU - WSU was on FSN Midwest this afternoon. I lasted about 15 minutes and nearly fell asleep. There were 7 white guys on the court most of the time. There was a very small crowd and it was so quiet in there you could hear the sneakers squeaking on the court. WSU's announcers are worse than bad. They talk in a monotone and are very dry and boring. I moved my estimation of Chief-a-roo's IQ down 10 points as a result. Anybody that can be entertained by that would be happy watching the wind blow.LMAOLMAO

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Announcer just pointed out that Mizzou's just one win away from matching last season's win total.

Gotta love the job Mike Anderson's done so far.

Saulbadguy
01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Man.. Hannah's something else.

Love that guy.
God, I can't wait for that turd to come to Manhattan.

Saulbadguy
01-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I realize Valley teams did pretty well in the tourney last year so I thought I'd watch a game and try to get interested in it. So a tape delay of SIU - WSU was on FSN Midwest this afternoon. I lasted about 15 minutes and nearly fell asleep. There were 7 white guys on the court most of the time. There was a very small crowd and it was so quiet in there you could hear the sneakers squeaking on the court. WSU's announcers are worse than bad. They talk in a monotone and are very dry and boring. I moved my estimation of Chief-a-roo's IQ down 10 points as a result. Anybody that can be entertained by that would be happy watching the wind blow.
They weren't WSU announcers, they were Valley announcers. Sometimes Mitch Holthus calls valley games, that is the only time they are watchable. Charlie Spoonhaur is worst than Lou Holtz sometimes.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2007, 08:35 PM

That's funny. WSU runs your old motion offense.

When I watched that game last night I kept thinking: These guys are as boring as watching Self's hi-lo.

ChiTown
01-02-2007, 08:41 PM
God, I can't wait for that turd to come to Manhattan.

That kid is a fantastic PG. That was a loss that really hurts (Hannah's Mom shafting KSU and sending her son to Mizzou).

Congrats, MU fans. Hannah is the truth.

PastorMikH
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Another W. Anderson >>> Quin.

BTW, anyone see the OSU score? SWOSU is the local school about 15 miles away. OSU HAMMERED them by 52.

Skip Towne
01-02-2007, 08:51 PM
They weren't WSU announcers, they were Valley announcers. Sometimes Mitch Holthus calls valley games, that is the only time they are watchable. Charlie Spoonhaur is worst than Lou Holtz sometimes.
OK. They talked about nothing but what WSU had to do to get back in it. Holtus is very good and Kevin Harlan is even better. The best play-by-play guy I have ever heard is KU's Bob Davis. A few years ago whe OSU's announcer was killed in a plane crash, some of the other Big XII announcers volunteered to fill in for the remainder of the season. One o them was Bob Davis. I listened to that broadcast to see if he was really that good or just a KU homer. I'm here to tell you I thought I was listening to a KU game with only the players names changed. Berry Tramel of the Daily Oklahoman wrote a nice article about them filling in. So I emailed him and asked which one he liked the best among the fill ins. He replied "Bob Davis, no question about it."

Saulbadguy
01-02-2007, 08:53 PM
OK. They talked about nothing but what WSU had to do to get back in it. Holtus is very good and Kevin Harlan is even better. The best play-by-play guy I have ever heard is KU's Bob Davis. A few years ago whe OSU's announcer was killed in a plane crash, some of the other Big XII announcers volunteered to fill in for the remainder of the season. One o them was Bob Davis. I listened to that broadcast to see if he was really that good or just a KU homer. I'm here to tell you I thought I was listenting to a KU game with only the players names changed. Berry Tramel of the Daily Oklahoman wrote a nice article about them filling in. So I emailed him and asked which one he liked the best among the fill ins. He replied "Bob Davis, no question about it."
Bob just needs to stick to Basketball and Baseball - his KU football broadcasts are awful.

Skip Towne
01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Bob just needs to stick to Basketball and Baseball - his KU football broadcasts are awful.
Living in Oklahoma I don't get KU games on radio and haven't for 5 years. But I know what you mean. Paul Splitorff is good at baseball but totally sucks at basketball IMO. It may just be my mental image of "Bg Split" on the mound for the Royals. Fred White is another guy I can't stand. He was a K-State announcer then joined Denny Matthews with the Royals. I think they finally threw him out sometime after I quit baseball in 1994.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Bob Davis is one of the 5 worst announcers on air today. The guy only looked/sounded decent the last 8 years because Max was actually dead. They just kept propping him up for the broadcasts.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2007, 10:01 PM
It'd be nice if Mizzou wasn't fubar from recruiting out of state.

Cochise
01-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Good lord. People like Bob Davis?

I mean, he seems like a nice guy, but :Lin:.

Skip Towne
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
That's funny. WSU runs your old motion offense.

When I watched that game last night I kept thinking: These guys are as boring as watching Self's hi-lo.
Agreed. I hate the hi-lo. And I'm beginning to hate Self. Watching KU walk the ball up the court with the waist high dribble really pisses me off. KU has all those thoroughbreds that can run ANYBODY out of the gym and they lose to 4 mid majors in 18 months. I'm not a real happy camper. And I'm starting to not play well with others.

KcMizzou
01-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Agreed. I hate the hi-lo. And I'm beginning to hate Self. Watching KU walk the ball up the court with the waist high dribble really pisses me off. KU has all those thoroughbreds that can run ANYBODY out of the gym and they lose to 4 mid majors in 18 months. I'm not a real happy camper. And I'm starting to not play well with others.Starting?

:D

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Mississippi State is a better team than Missouri State.

Bullshit