PDA

View Full Version : INDY'S artificial crowd noise

KChiefsQT
01-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Just a question... Are they still (were they ever?) pumping volume thorugh the speakers because their crowd can not man up and yell loud enough?? What a bunch of little bitches. I know my fellow Chief fans wont have any problem giving Manning a little headache Saturday. I can't wait to see all the red in Indy.

If you don't remember:
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/MooreSports/2005/12/06/NFL_Sound_Gate_Do_You_Hear_What_I_Hear

Guru
01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Hell, all they need to do is record Mangina's whining every week. That would drive almost anyone insane.

cdcox
01-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Is it true that RCADomeLouder will be wearing a red bikini and selling thunder sticks out in front of the Johnny Unitas statue?

BWillie
01-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Those Cheating sons of Bitches.

KChiefsQT
01-03-2007, 12:34 AM
FYI, I am in no means complaining.. simply wondering if this "theory" was even proven true...

Guru
01-03-2007, 12:35 AM
FYI, I am in no means complaining.. simply wondering if this "theory" was even proven true...
I am sure we will be hearing about this theory for years to come. I doubt it is true but if it is....... :mad:

Frazod
01-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Nothing a dome pussy team does would surprise me.

Demonpenz
01-03-2007, 12:46 AM
They better put it on track 11 which is "Boo for when peyton chokes once again.

SLAG
01-03-2007, 12:47 AM
They better put it on track 11 which is "Boo for when peyton chokes once again.

I thought that was track #18

#11 is When the moon hits your Eye likea Big Pizza Pie

Demonpenz
01-03-2007, 12:59 AM
No no no track is 11 is jeff saturday gets ****ed in the ass

KcMizzou
01-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Nothing a dome pussy team does would surprise me.Agreed. Football is meant to be played in the elements. Where the men play.

BWillie
01-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Agreed. Football is meant to be played in the elements. Where the men play.

Peyton is a pussy. When he has to play outside he chokes it. Look at Tom Brady and Brett Farve. Manly men,..they play outside in the cold and still gun it. Peyton is afraid of cold and the outdoors. Somebody cut a roof in the Dome, and the Colts are doomed.

luv
01-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Agreed. Football is meant to be played in the elements. Where the men play.
Sunday was perfect football weather, IMO. That was a blast! Of course, I had on a turtle neck, a jersey, a hoody, a fleece, and a jacket. With only one pair of socks, my feet got kinda cold. Loved every minute of it.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Peyton has only won one outside/road playoff game, and sadly that was at our house three years ago.

PAYBACK!!!!

KcMizzou
01-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Peyton has only won one outside/road playoff game, and sadly that was at our house three years ago.

PAYBACK!!!!Amen, brother.

ChiefFan31
01-03-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm not aware of any used in Indy, but it wouldn't surprise me. I know the Chargers used to pump in crowd volume during games, and doesn't Minnesota pump in a bunch of real loud music? I believe it was written about.

Demonpenz
01-03-2007, 01:39 AM
minnosota also wold turn on the air conditoners so the ball would travel better when Kirby puckett would come in all hungover

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Peyton is a pussy.

quoting Team America : World Police

"Jared Allen and Tamba Hali are dicks, and dicks F*CK pussies"

Simplex3
01-03-2007, 05:23 AM
I'm not aware of any used in Indy, but it wouldn't surprise me. I know the Chargers used to pump in crowd volume during games, and doesn't Minnesota pump in a bunch of real loud music? I believe it was written about.
I believe it's against the rules to pump in any noise between the start and stop whistle for a play, though StL was caught doing just that to help their wine and cheese crowd out a few years ago. They're the only team I remember getting nailed on it, though.

chagrin
01-03-2007, 05:25 AM
I can't believe that guy is a professional writer, that garbage was written like a thread here, or one of warpaint's articles

Chiefs_Fan
01-03-2007, 06:36 AM
I won't help them! LJ will still pound them into the mud. And it takes a lot of blood to make mud in the turf.

KChiefsQT
01-03-2007, 09:22 AM
quoting Team America : World Police

"Jared Allen and Tamba Hali are dicks, and dicks F*CK pussies"
ROFL I'm banking on Allen having a huge game. In fact, I may break in his jersey I got for Christmas. Love watching that animal play.

Phobia
01-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I can't believe that guy is a professional writer, that garbage was written like a thread here, or one of warpaint's articles

Uh - does the URL provide any clues to you?

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/MooreSports/2005/12/06/NFL_Sound_Gate_Do_You_Hear_What_I_Hear

crunk_colt
01-03-2007, 09:31 AM
wow you guys are morons if you believe those stupid rumors. it just shows how loud we really are in the dome, loudest stadium in the nfl. btw "football should be played in the elements" what is that crap? that screws with the outcome of the game, and who the hell wants to sit and watch in pouring rain anyway

BigRedChief
01-03-2007, 09:35 AM
wow you guys are morons if you believe those stupid rumors. it just shows how loud we really are in the dome, loudest stadium in the nfl. btw "football should be played in the elements" what is that crap? that screws with the outcome of the game, and who the hell wants to sit and watch in pouring rain anyway Welcome thanks for showing your intellect right away. Football in a dome is the way its suppose to be played?ROFL You a big fan of Arena football?
Dude your crowd is lame. They are loud because its a dome.

Chiefs fans are getting tickets at face value to the game. Thats how lame your fan base is. And before you decide to start some smack about how great your crowds are lets see what the NFL, its players and fans say.....

Mike Shanahan -
"I know people have tried to prepare me but until you actually experience it, you really don't know how loud it is. It is a fun experience. I remember in that playoff game, that 14-10 (playoff game in 1998) -- and this is before the game -- I'm talking three or four minutes before the game and I am trying to talk to my son (Kyle). He is standing right next to me, I'm yelling and he can't hear me. I am yelling at the top of my voice trying to get him to get something and he has no idea what I am saying. That is how loud it was."

Rod Smith -
The first time I ever went in there it scared the hell out of me -- and that was just the national anthem," Smith remembered. "When they say, 'The home of the Chiefs' right there in the national anthem, I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."

Tedy Bruschi -
"[Arrowhead] is the loudest outdoor stadium in the league. It's so loud you can't hear yourself think."

John Elway-
“I don’t know if you say you can’t wait to play that game because this is going to be a blast. When you went to Kansas City, it was an absolute physical, lay-it-on-the-line game. When you got done, you were going to be totally exhausted and beat up.”
“The one thing I remember the most is that it was loud. As a quarterback, that’s your worst enemy. And that I heard every little thing in the book that could be said about my mother.”

Jim Mora -
"It felt different in Kansas City. Kansas City's crowd is amazing and you felt it. You felt it. It's like I talk about our Dome...you want it to be a suffocating feeling. You felt that at Kansas City. At Denver yesterday...you just didn't feel it. You didn't feel the heat, you didn't feel the emotion, you didn't feel the crowd, so we didn't get worked up. We kind of just kept playing and we felt like our offense was moving the ball and they continued to move the ball, so we felt like we'd get back in it. And we did. But I think, honest to goodness, a lot of it has to do with the crowd. It's a big difference between Kansas City and Denver. Big difference. Big. Big difference between Kansas City and most places. We want to be talking about Atlanta like I'm talking about Kansas City and I think we're on our way.

Rodney Harrison –
"It's not the same as other places," said the Patriots' Rodney Harrison, who formerly was with the Chargers. "It's loud. It's the loudest I've ever played in. The fans are out there four hours before game time, probably tailgating. But it's a great atmosphere for football.

- Denver Fan
"I have been to many NFL games throughout the past 20 years, and each time I return to Arrowhead, I become even more amazed at how loud their fans are. I am a Denver Broncos fan, but I would have to say that Kansas City's game day atmosphere is the best in all of the NFL."

SI article proclaiming Arrowhead the toughest place to play in the NFL:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html)
When the Chiefs are having a bad season, they're tough to beat at Arrowhead. When they're having a good season, they're unbeatable. With the scent of barbecue in the air and a sea of red in the stands, Kansas City is the best football atmosphere in the country. The Chiefs were a flawed team in 2005 but still managed to win seven of eight home games.

-Texans Fan
“I personally don't know why this stadium isn't #1 right now. After talking to a Texans football player, he stated that this IS truly the loudest stadium in the NFL (Arrowhead)."

These are just a few of many quotes I have found from different people across the nation that aren't even Chiefs fans.
Why I think it is so bad ....... bad is not a good word man. I would say difficult to play in arrowhead? The simple answer is in the architecture, and of course the 78,000 screaming fans. I mean all 78,000 screaming .......... from 6 years olds all the way up to 90 year olds .......... all horse after a game for a day or two. The bowl effect of that stadium is the true gem in the whole scheme. All that screaming is at its loudest point on that field. Truly an architectural piece of sports art.

Bryant Young
"That stadium definitely is one of the loudest stadiums you'll ever play in...The crowd is like right on top of you. You can't hear cadence, you can't make calls. That stadium rocks."

Damon Haurd-
“This stadium is unbelievable. I mean, it’s really cool. When this place gets rocking, it’s pretty neat.”

Billy Miller
remembers the first time he thought Arrowhead Stadium was truly special. A rookie tight end on the practice squad of the Denver Broncos, Miller made the trip to Kansas City with the rest of the team for a regular-season game in 1999. The coaching staff wanted the young players to get a feel for "playing in a hostile environment," and there aren't many places more intimidating and noisy than the 32-year-old home of the Chiefs.

Most of the details of the game have long since been forgotten. What Miller experienced during pre-game festivities hasn't. It all began when the team charter bus arrived to find the stadium parking lot resembling a war zone from all the smoke billowing out from tailgaters. Later, as The Star-Spangled Banner was about to end, Miller recalls the nearly 80,000-strong "Sea of Red" screaming in unison, "Chiefs!" Finally, there was a loud roar and shake as a military jet flew over the stadium.

"I got chills," said Miller, now with the Texans. "It's one of the best home-field advantages in football." Nowhere in the NFL is there a noisier crowd than the 79,451 fans who regularly fill Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs had the NFL's best home record (63-17) from 1990-99. They're 59-22 at home in the last decade, fourth only to Green Bay, Denver and San Francisco.

"It’ll be electric," said Chiefs coach Herm Edwards. "These fans are very passionate and they’re excited. This is going to be a fun spot to be."

Rod Smith has been to an excited Arrowhead many times in his long career. "The first seven minutes in their place is going to be loud. You’re going to hear nothing and you can’t give them a couple of plays here and there, no big returns, none of that," he said.

Wikipedia:
Though many NFL fans argue, Arrowhead has long been considered to be the loudest outdoor stadium in the NFL: the fans often reach sound levels of over 120 decibels, which is as loud as a jet airliner taking off. Because of the "atmosphere" in the stadium, Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated) gave the Chiefs' home field, Arrowhead Stadium, the title of being the "Toughest Place to Play" for opposing teams.

Arrowhead Tailgating Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcO4ZFir7o

crunk_colt
01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
whats your point? when did i say anything about arrowhead? ok so theres 12,000 more people than in the dome, wth do you expect? and yes, football should be played in an enviornment that wont distort the outcome of the game. if its pouring rain, its a toss up of who wins, no matter who is playing. see: NYJ @ NE.

BigRedChief
01-03-2007, 09:45 AM
whats your point? when did i say anything about arrowhead? ok so theres 12,000 more people than in the dome, wth do you expect? and yes, football should be played in an enviornment that wont distort the outcome of the game. if its pouring rain, its a toss up of who wins, no matter who is playing. see: NYJ @ NE.
It doesn't have a thing to do with #'s. It's the passion of the fans.

No way would you get Chiefs playoff tickets on ticketmaster 3 days before the game. Ebay would not have 10,000 tickets being sold at face value. Your fan base doesn't deserve the great team that you have.

KcMizzou
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
wow you guys are morons if you believe those stupid rumors. it just shows how loud we really are in the dome, loudest stadium in the nfl. btw "football should be played in the elements" what is that crap? that screws with the outcome of the game, and who the hell wants to sit and watch in pouring rain anywayWow.

LMAO

Bowser
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
wow you guys are morons if you believe those stupid rumors. it just shows how loud we really are in the dome, loudest stadium in the nfl. btw "football should be played in the elements" what is that crap? that screws with the outcome of the game, and who the hell wants to sit and watch in pouring rain anyway

DOPE-DE-DOHHH!!!

KcMizzou
01-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Hitch up your skirt, Nancy.

KChiefsQT
01-03-2007, 09:59 AM
We'll see if this moron sticks around after we put a smackin to Peyton and his entire homo team on Saturday... my guess: not likely.

jynni
01-03-2007, 10:01 AM

PAYBACK!!!!
And that game could barely count for being outdoors since the weather was perfect. Like 60 degrees, sunny with a light breeze.

Only a dumbass Colts fan would think this.

Phobia
01-03-2007, 10:03 AM

Are you Edgerin James? Related to Edgerin James?

chagrin
01-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Uh - does the URL provide any clues to you?

uh, yeah - "He currently writes for a local paper in Indiana, The Daily Journal."

he sucks

chagrin
01-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Dude, read what you posted here - there is no way you truly believe yourself. Obviously you are just trying to get goats, which you are doing.

The differnece between this post and the spirit of this thread is that pumped in noise is FAKE - the elements, are not; they are real and that's what makes football special, playing in real conditions...geesh

Bob Dole
01-03-2007, 10:20 AM
wow you guys are morons if you believe those stupid rumors. it just shows how loud we really are in the dome, loudest stadium in the nfl.

Maybe you should try to be more accurate.

It's the loudest auditorium in the NFL.

Bob Dole
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
And here's an article where the Steelers claim they artificially enhanced the crowd noise last year and the NFL said "so what?".

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05336/615995.stm

bringbackmarty
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
crunk_colt,

you sir are a Rump Ranger.

Kerberos
01-03-2007, 10:30 AM

At first I was confused and then it hit me. School is still out all over the country!

Baconeater
01-03-2007, 11:07 AM
At first I was confused and then it hit me. School is still out all over the country!
Yes it is, my son's been home all week and he's driving me effing nuts.

luv
01-03-2007, 11:13 AM
I always thought we used to go back to school on Jan 2 after Christmas break. Kids are still out of school?

KChiefsQT
01-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Isn't there some house/yard work he can do.... tell him that and you just may not see him the rest of the break. BTW, how old is he?

Baconeater
01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
I always thought we used to go back to school on Jan 2 after Christmas break. Kids are still out of school?
We WE always used to, but he always gets a full 2 weeks off.

Baconeater
01-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Isn't there some house/yard work he can do.... tell him that and you just may not see him the rest of the break. BTW, how old is he?
He's 12. I can't get him to do shit. The part that's a pain is I have to keep tabs on him when I'm working. Luckily I'm slow this week.

KChiefsQT
01-03-2007, 11:37 AM
He's 12. I can't get him to do shit. The part that's a pain is I have to keep tabs on him when I'm working. Luckily I'm slow this week.
Give him a swift kick in the arse. It always worked for me...

KChiefer
01-03-2007, 12:03 PM

At that age all I needed was nintendo. That...or some gi joes and lighter fluid.

Kerberos
01-03-2007, 12:32 PM
At that age all I needed was nintendo. That...or some gi joes and lighter fluid.

Or if you were Endelt you just needed a shallow hole, some fill dirt, a live cat and a lawnmower.

HemiEd
01-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I just found this from a year ago.

December 1, 2005

ESPN starts ruckus over Dome noise
Colts strongly deny radio report that team unfairly adds to clamor
By Mike Chappell
mike.chappell@indystar.com
December 1, 2005

How loud was the RCA Dome for Monday night's Steelers-Colts showdown? The noise still was reverberating two days later.
A hot topic on ESPN Radio's "The Dan Patrick Show'' Wednesday afternoon focused on the Colts allegedly enhancing the clamor in the Dome by piping in noise. The observation was made by ESPN reporter Ed Werder, who watched the Colts' 26-7 victory from the press box and shared his opinion on a Dallas radio show the following day.
The Colts were quick to refute the claim, which, if true, could be in violation of NFL rules. An NFL spokesman, Steve Alic, said the league is not investigating whether the Colts are illegally pumping up the volume.
In a written statement, the Colts categorically denied they "somehow 'piped in' or otherwise artificially enhanced the crowd noise'' during the Steelers game or at any other time.
"We are doing nothing wrong,'' senior executive vice president Pete Ward told The Star. "We've got the loudest stadium in the league, with the fans naturally providing that sound.''
Coach Tony Dungy called the accusations "an insult to our crowd. Our fans have been great. We don't need to pipe in noise.''
When reached Wednesday evening, Werder made the distinction that he hadn't "reported'' the noise issue but offered a "casual opinion on a radio show. I think there's a difference.''
Werder said Wednesday that the Colts play heavy bass noise through the RCA Dome public-address system to supplement the crowd noise, apparently in an attempt at disrupting the opposing quarterback's ability to communicate with the sideline and his teammates in the huddle.
On the Dallas radio show, Werder said he "mentioned that the Colts have won 10 straight games at home and that in addition to being fabulously talented, they also have the advantage that they create by playing this supplemental noise in addition to the actual crowd noise.''
Supplemental noise is permitted until the offense breaks the huddle. Teams can be disciplined for violating the league's policy on club-controlled stadium sound. In 2000, the Washington Redskins were fined $20,000 for using their PA system for cheerleading during a victory over Dungy's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Also, the home team is subject to a penalty if the officiating crew determines the crowd noise makes it impossible for the quarterback to adequately run his offense. If the crowd ignores warnings from the officials, the home team could lose a timeout or be assessed a 5-yard penalty.
At no time in Monday's game did Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger seek noise-control assistance from the officials.
Werder was surprised his comments stirred such a controversy.
"I just thought it was an innocent conversation on the radio, although obviously, there isn't any such thing,'' he said.

Call Star reporter Mike Chappell at (317) 444-6830.

http://http://www.indystar.com/apps/...plate=printart

Psyko Tek
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM

if your team losses because they get wet, they ain't much of a team

if you can't play in the elements maybe you aren't ready for the NFL

Baconeater
01-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Or if you were Endelt you just needed a shallow hole, some fill dirt, a live cat and a lawnmower.
Good lord, the worst thing I ever did was tape a firecracker onto a toad.

Simply Red
01-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Nothing a dome pussy team does would surprise me.
:LOL: