PDA

View Full Version : firemikesolari.com

RealSNR
01-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Let's make it happen, guys

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
How in the **** is Mike Solari responsible for QB's getting stepped on and WR's dropping balls?

Frazod
01-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, it's time for him to go. He makes Raye look like Martz. Enough.

dirk digler
01-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Depends on what happens during the rest of the game but if it continues like it has he needs to go, they need to let Huard or Croyle be the QB next year, and go young.

teedubya
01-06-2007, 05:03 PM
with these coaches, this will be the last time we sniff the playoffs for awhile.

enjoy it.

Hoover
01-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Lets not fire him, lets put him back as OL coach

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 05:04 PM
with these coaches, this will be the last time we sniff the playoffs for awhile.

enjoy it.

Yeah, they sure didn't sniff the playoffs in this year, their first season here...

Psyko Tek
01-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey Mike,
Oakland needs a head coach

Hound333
01-06-2007, 05:31 PM
htismage usually I agree with you but on this point we don't see eye to eye. I have hated the play calling of Solari all year. Alot of it this game has been our players. Solari's playcalling has made it worse. He is way to predictable.

Shag
01-06-2007, 05:31 PM
How in the **** is Mike Solari responsible for QB's getting stepped on and WR's dropping balls?

While I agree with you that the dropped passes have been ridiculous, you can't give Solari a free pass today. His playcalling and gameplan have been predictable and uninspired - no creativity or adjustments have been displayed all game.

I just don't get the philosophy - they opened up the playbook and played loose last week, and looked the best they'd looked all year on offense. Today, it's back to the ultra-conservative, "run, run, pass" plan...

MichaelH
01-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Run
Run
Pass
Punt

Run
Run
Pass- drop ball

repeat

It's not all his fault but he's got no imagination and no gameplan making abilty.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 05:35 PM
While I agree with you that the dropped passes have been ridiculous, you can't give Solari a free pass today. His playcalling and gameplan have been predictable and uninspired - no creativity or adjustments have been displayed all game.

I just don't get the philosophy - they opened up the playbook and played loose last week, and looked the best they'd looked all year on offense. Today, it's back to the ultra-conservative, "run, run, pass" plan...

Creativity or adjustments?

You CANNOT MAKE ADJUSTMENTS when you have 12 offensive plays in an entire half.

This is on the players.

jAZ
01-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm betting Trent Green ripped the speaker out of his helmet before that last drive. Solari is gone after this year.

Hound333
01-06-2007, 05:37 PM
The reason he only had 12 was because of the predictable nature of the gameplan.

We just scored and it was because I finally saw some play-action and miss direction. Hopefully this is the way he goes from now on.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Wow, Mike Solari sure sucks.

The WR's catch passes and all of a sudden they score.

It's magic!!!

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 05:38 PM
The reason he only had 12 was because of the predictable nature of the gameplan.

We just scored and it was because I finally saw some play-action and miss direction. Hopefully this is the way he goes from now on.

Yeah, 4 dropped passes on the 1st two drives and Waters stepping on the QB's foot was some pretty poor playcalling...

Shag
01-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Creativity or adjustments?

You CANNOT MAKE ADJUSTMENTS when you have 12 offensive plays in an entire half.

This is on the players.

So, when "run, run, pass" produces 3-and-out the first 3 series, you can't try something different on the 4th series? When dives up the middle continually fail, he should just keep pounding it? You don't need 30 plays before you adjust to what's happening...

As for creativity, that should always be there. Counters, misdirection, stretch plays, trick plays - anything to throw off the defense, especially when your offense is doing absolutely nothing...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, 4 dropped passes on the 1st two drives and Waters stepping on the QB's foot was some pretty poor playcalling...

Stop being a contrarian and pay attention to the plainly obvious.

MichaelH
01-06-2007, 05:44 PM

Those were the good play calls. Solari bit ass on the rest.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 05:45 PM
So, when "run, run, pass" produces 3-and-out the first 3 series, you can't try something different on the 4th series? When dives up the middle continually fail, he should just keep pounding it? You don't need 30 plays before you adjust to what's happening...

As for creativity, that should always be there. Counters, misdirection, stretch plays, trick plays - anything to throw off the defense, especially when your offense is doing absolutely nothing...

ROFL

I'd love to see a couple of stretch plays...there's nothing like watching linemen get abused while Larry gets dropped for a 7-yard loss.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Stop being a contrarian and pay attention to the plainly obvious.

It is plainly obvious.

It was plainly obvious in 2003 when I said this defense would suck until they changed the players.

Turns out I was right.

Hound333
01-06-2007, 05:50 PM
htismage I am not saying we don't need an overhaul. Lord knows we do. I just think we would have a much better chance without Solari. He is terrible. Almost no imagination at all. He's way to predictable. Maybe its Herm that is making him that way. Whoever it is needs to go.

dj56dt58
i'll chip in

'Hamas' Jenkins
It is plainly obvious.

It was plainly obvious in 2003 when I said this defense would suck until they changed the players.

Turns out I was right.

Explain to me how my wife can sit here and predict the Chiefs offensive plays when she's watched probably 40 football games her whole life?

blueballs
01-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Bigfoot showed up the other receivers
they had to step up
BIGFOOT

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 05:52 PM
htismage I am not saying we don't need an overhaul. Lord knows we do. I just think we would have a much better chance without Solari. He is terrible. Almost no imagination at all. He's way to predictable. Maybe its Herm that is making him that way. Whoever it is needs to go.

I'm telling you right now.

Without a DRAMATIC improvement of talent, especially on the o-line, no OC is going to come in here and be "creative". The talent level doesn't allow for it.

Shag
01-06-2007, 05:53 PM
ROFL

I'd love to see a couple of stretch plays...there's nothing like watching linemen get abused while Larry gets dropped for a 7-yard loss.

Because runs up the gut for no gain are working so well? Prior to the TD drive, where they actually opened things up again, the Chiefs averaged ~2yds on first down. Hard to have much success like that...

And against a D that is the worst in the league against the run, why wouldn't you try different attack vectors within the running game? If it fails, fine - at least you're feeling out the defense...

htismaqe
Explain to me how my wife can sit here and predict the Chiefs offensive plays when she's watched probably 40 football games her whole life?

I'm not saying the playcalling is not unimaginative.

I'm saying we don't have much of a choice. Unless you like watching sacks and turnovers.

MichaelH

mine too. The first drive, she was just laughing pathetically. It was like we'll show them how we can run on them. Ooops, no we can't.

petegz28
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Solari sucks PERIOD. He does NOT know how to call a game PERIOD.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm not saying the playcalling is not unimaginative.

I'm saying we don't have much of a choice. Unless you like watching sacks and turnovers.

So going PA over the top when their D-ends were playing run instead of pass in the 1st quarter would have resulted in sacks and TO's??

Isn't the key to playcalling to be unpredictable and keep the D on its toes?

Shag
01-06-2007, 05:56 PM

Without a DRAMATIC improvement of talent, especially on the o-line, no OC is going to come in here and be "creative". The talent level doesn't allow for it.

Did you not watch the Jax game last week? The playcalling was much more imaginative and creative, and it had great success. There are limits, of course, but I feel we're practically running the triple option at times...

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
So going PA over the top when their D-ends were playing run instead of pass in the 1st quarter would have resulted in sacks and TO's??

Isn't the key to playcalling to be unpredictable and keep the D on its toes?

Those plays take a long time to develop.

The key of playcalling is to put your unit in the best position to succeed. That's hard to do when they SUCK.

This idea that Al Saunders was so imaginative is a myth. Look at his career without Willie Roaf.

Any professional football player or coach will tell you that the game is about execution. Sharpe said it before the game - when the players step on the field, it's on them, not the coaches.

Easy 6
01-06-2007, 06:03 PM
NOTHING would make me feel better than having Solari back in 07.

As an O Line coach.

He cant help 2 EK drops & 1 TG drop anymore than he can help Waters stepping on Trents foot.

The rest of his Numb-Skull play calling CAN be helped, too bad it took him until the 3rdqtr. to figure it out.

The Geico caveman could show more creativity.

Shag
01-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Any professional football player or coach will tell you that the game is about execution. Sharpe said it before the game - when the players step on the field, it's on them, not the coaches.

That's a vast oversimplification, IMHO. Sure, the bottom line is that the players have to execute to win, but the coaches have to put those players in a position to succeed. The coaches' job is to utilize your strengths, and attack your opponent's weaknesses - and flow with the changes within a game. When something is not working, you have to probe for new weaknesses, or find new twists on your strengths. The "chess game" analogy is a good one, IMHO - and Solari is a poor strategist...

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 06:11 PM
That's a vast oversimplification, IMHO. Sure, the bottom line is that the players have to execute to win, but the coaches have to put those players in a position to succeed. The coaches' job is to utilize your strengths, and attack your opponent's weaknesses - and flow with the changes within a game. When something is not working, you have to probe for new weaknesses, or find new twists on your strengths. The "chess game" analogy is a good one, IMHO - and Solari is a poor strategist...

The chess game is a GREAT analogy.

It's hard to win a chess game when you have nothing but pawns.

The coordinators job is to maximize strengths. We don't have any outside of Larry Johnson. It's OBVIOUS.

Uncle_Ted
01-06-2007, 06:12 PM

I disagree ... we have the best interior 3 (as a unit). So we are at least an average O-Line. Every team has an issue somewhere on their O-Line. Good coaches design their offensive game plan to maximize their strengths and mask their weaknesses. We gameplan as if we still have Big Willie at LT and T-Rich at FB.

petegz28
01-06-2007, 06:14 PM
They need to dump solari and our whole offensive system and most of the players

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I disagree ... we have the best interior 3 (as a unit). So we are at least an average O-Line. Every team has an issue somewhere on their O-Line. Good coaches design their offensive game plan to maximize their strengths and mask their weaknesses. We gameplan as if we still have Big Willie at LT and T-Rich at FB.

Did you watch the game today?

The interior of our line got DOMINATED by a defensive line that hadn't dominated anybody ALL SEASON.

Shields is done and Waters benefitted greatly from Roaf.

Our OL isn't close to the best in the league, even with the interior 3.

MichaelH
01-06-2007, 06:18 PM
They need to dump solari and our whole offensive system and most of the players

agreed. keep Tony G and LJ. Flush the rest.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 06:21 PM
agreed. keep Tony G and LJ. Flush the rest.

Tony G can go too. Tired of seeing him play with no urgency.

Iowanian
01-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm ready for the Team gutting I was prepared for after Cleveland.

I'm disappointed, but I knew the Chiefs didn't belong in the playoffs this year.

Solari has been an iffy at best OC....He needs to be replaced.

Along with him, is a laundry list of players.

jrowe
01-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Let's not put it all on Solari - remember how Herm called him out in the preseason several times for more aggressive play calling. Solari is severly limited by Herm. I'm not saying Solari is a good coordinator, I'm just saying that on the Herm Edwards leash, we'll never know for sure whether he's good or bad.

Nightfyre
01-06-2007, 06:29 PM
My take:
Yes, the playcalling was unimaginitive and poor.
However, the whole offensive unit does not need to be flushed. Trent Green played like he was shaken and that is unacceptable from a quarterback. Black looked like a high schooler in there. Our receiving corps played like shit. Bottom line: We need a QBOTF, a franchise LT and a threat other than LJ. Defensive tackle help would also be appreciated though it is hard to hate on a defense that played so well for being on the field for 50 minutes.

Iowanian
01-06-2007, 06:34 PM
The offense didn't look prepared at all.

Solari, is ultimately responsible for the blocking schemes, offensive game plan, play calling and player preparedness.....

Fairplay
01-06-2007, 06:35 PM
So htismaqe.

Do you think that we should keep Solari in the posiiton he is in now?

If so, do you think he has some responsibility in the chiefs? Or does he just call a plays and after that is guilt free of what happens after that.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 06:40 PM
So htismaqe.

Do you think that we should keep Solari in the posiiton he is in now?

If so, do you think he has some responsibility in the chiefs? Or does he just call a plays and after that is guilt free of what happens after that.

I say keep Solari.

I'm not into firing coaches after one year, especially when that coach has shit for players.

I'm also inclined to believe that Solari's playcalling was somewhat affected by the head coach's philosophy.

DomerNKC
01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
he never should have been elevated to coordinator. He is not qualified. Solari should be fired. Gunther should be fired. Herm should be told that he has one more year. The ship is not pointing in the right direction.

cdcox
01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I say keep Solari.

I'm not into firing coaches after one year, especially when that coach has shit for players.

I'm also inclined to believe that Solari's playcalling was somewhat affected by the head coach's philosophy.

I agree with the blame being shared by Edwards, but that is why I never liked him to begin with. Isn't there something between Vermeil and Edwards? Why do we repeatedly have to crash from one ditch to another like Jarred Allen in his cadliac. There is a road (balance), why don't we try driving on it for a change.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 06:47 PM
he never should have been elevated to coordinator. He is not qualified. Solari should be fired. Gunther should be fired. Herm should be told that he has one more year. The ship is not pointing in the right direction.

Yeah, Herm came in here stating that he was gonna fix the defense and as we witnessed today, he failed.

They're obviously headed in the wrong direction.

Pierce
01-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Herm changed the D for the better, yes.

However, his gamplan SUCKED today.

I swear we are so damn predictable that it's not even funny.

Whoever is calling the "run, run, pass" string of plays needs to be canned.

Iowanian
01-06-2007, 06:53 PM
For most of the game, it looked like our offense was replaced by Tubgirl.

BWillie
01-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I wish I knew whether Solari actually wants to call those plays, or if he is more or less directed by how Herm plays the game. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. Herm claims he doesn't call the plays, but sometimes it makes you wonder. Hard to imagine a guy coming from the Vermeil-Saunders system would call a game the way every game was called this season.

DomerNKC
01-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I wish I knew whether Solari actually wants to call those plays, or if he is more or less directed by how Herm plays the game. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. Herm claims he doesn't call the plays, but sometimes it makes you wonder. Hard to imagine a guy coming from the Vermeil-Saunders system would call a game the way every game was called this season.don't you owe someone your left nut???

KCJohnny
01-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I say keep Solari.

Shit for players? 4 current PBers, several previous selects? Top 3 O from 2002-2005? You are very kind, Parker.
KCJ
Finally agrees its time to clean house, beginning with King Carl

jcman1224
01-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Its the players and the coaches. Trying to keep Vermiel and Saunders' offense without the two architects was a mistake. We need to get rid of the whole offensive staff and rebuild the line and recieving corps. Maybe we could bring in Mariucci

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Shit for players? 4 current PBers, several previous selects? Top 3 O from 2002-2005? You are very kind, Parker.
KCJ
Finally agrees its time to clean house, beginning with King Carl

I'm not kind, I'm realistic.

That top 3 O revolved around Roaf. Without him, it's obvious what these guys are - total steaming dung. Players age and decline. That's what's happened to Wiegmann and Shields. And don't even start about Waters, he looked today like he could care less whether we win or lose.

picasso
01-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Run
Run
Pass
Punt

Run
Run
Pass- drop ball

repeat

It's not all his fault but he's got no imagination and no gameplan making abilty.

Exactly!
And its not run run outside, pitch, screen for a gain it's run run up the middle stop us if you can...OH ya can offense that pisses me off!

RealSNR
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
It's the coordinator's JOB to maximize what we have on the field.

Here we've got a great running back, a shaken QB, lackluster receivers, and two great pass-catching threats at TE.

The Colts D is terrible at stopping the run, therefore they will be anticipating that we run the ball. Isn't it predictable that they would go into the classroom all week and work on their run-stuffing packages in practice?

EARLY in the game was the time for playaction passing and screens to the outer edges. Stretching them out down the field early in the game would have forced them to not concentrate on LJ so much.

Our unimaginative playcalling early in the game is what cost us those valuable first half points. Hell, how about first have DRIVES? The Colts D was as fresh in the 3rd quarter as we were by the end of the 1st.

THAT'S why Solari needs to be canned. Shitty playcalling on offense cost us the game, and I don't care how many passes we drop on offense. If we've got a great RB, let's soften the D so he can have more success.

htismaqe
01-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Here we've got a great running back, a shaken QB, lackluster receivers, and two great pass-catching threats at TE.

The Colts D is terrible at stopping the run, therefore they will be anticipating that we run the ball. Isn't it predictable that they would go into the classroom all week and work on their run-stuffing packages in practice?

EARLY in the game was the time for playaction passing and screens to the outer edges. Stretching them out down the field early in the game would have forced them to not concentrate on LJ so much.

Our unimaginative playcalling early in the game is what cost us those valuable first half points. Hell, how about first have DRIVES? The Colts D was as fresh in the 3rd quarter as we were by the end of the 1st.

THAT'S why Solari needs to be canned. Shitty playcalling on offense cost us the game, and I don't care how many passes we drop on offense. If we've got a great RB, let's soften the D so he can have more success.

So let me get this straight - we have a great RB and everybody else pretty much stinks, so we need to use that RB. Isn't that what we did?

ROFL

RealSNR
01-06-2007, 08:09 PM
So let me get this straight - we have a great RB and everybody else pretty much stinks, so we need to use that RB. Isn't that what we did?

ROFLI said that the playcalling in the first quarter was shitty, and that it could have been improved upon, at least to shake up Indy's D a bit.

Do you agree with that? Or do you think that Solari pitched a perfect game and there wasn't one thing he could have done or said to even get us a first down in the first half?

bobbything
01-06-2007, 08:09 PM
So, we've established the difference between Solari and Saunders is simply Willie Roaf? We have the same team from last year (minus Roaf).

Good stuff.

Predictibility accounts for something. With or without Roaf. No need to dump Solari after one year, but he's got some serious adjustments to make this off season. The best play he called was a 1st and 10, from the Chiefs 40, where he let Gonzo go free for an 8 yard pass play. Closely followed by a WR handoff to Hall.

Off-balance is the key to this offense.

jAZ
01-06-2007, 08:13 PM

ROFL
Ummm... I think SNR makes a fanstastic point with that post. You seem to have looked past it.

The first play of the game is reflective of the problem with the play calling. Everyone and their mother knew that we were going to run LJ on that first play. Play action pass is the best possible play on 1st down of the game. Even if it's a safe throw, short and to the flat (to TG, DH, etc).

They put an extra man in to stop LJ and we didn't account for it until it was an obvious passing down or late in the game. Our play calling allowed Dungy to impose his game plan on our offense, instead of the other way around.

SLQ
01-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Ummm... I think SNR makes a fanstastic point with that post. You seem to have looked past it.

The first play of the game is reflective of the problem with the play calling. Everyone and their mother knew that we were going to run LJ on that first play. Play action pass is the best possible play on 1st down of the game. Even if it's a safe throw, short and to the flat (to TG, DH, etc).

They put an extra man in to stop LJ and we didn't account for it until it was an obvious passing down or late in the game. Our play calling allowed Dungy to impose his game plan on our offense, instead of the other way around.

I would agree with that with the exception that we didn't even seem to have a game plan unless you consider run, run pass, punt a game plan.

jAZ
01-06-2007, 08:16 PM
No need to dump Solari after one year, but he's got some serious adjustments to make this off season.
It wouldn't change anything to fire Solari. I think he was calling game the way Herm wanted, not the way the offense is designed to be called. I doubt that Herm would open up the with a new OC. The root cause of the bland offense isn't Solari.

jAZ
01-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I would agree with that with the exception that we didn't even seem to have a game plan unless you consider run, run pass, punt a game plan.
I do think that's a game plan. It's Herm Edwards approved play calling, IMO. Solari is just keeping his boss happy.

Calcountry
01-06-2007, 08:23 PM
How in the **** is Mike Solari responsible for QB's getting stepped on and WR's dropping balls?He is responsible for Tynes banging an extra point off the upright too.

svuba
01-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Funny thing is I was able to predict the play call on about 90% of our snaps...As was my 9 year old son.

This is a problem.
We have the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL, and we pass on 3rd & 2 ALL YEAR LONG. Defensive coordinators Dream about playing the Chiefs.

ChiefsLV
01-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I don't care how many passes were dropped, how many players were playing shitty, etc. That was the most pathetic display of offense I've seen from the Chiefs through three quarters of football since 1993. And it's not like they were going against the Ravens defense. This falls on the offensive coordinator, the man who is in charge of preparing the offense for games, actually coming up with a gameplan, and figuring out ways to make plays with the players he has. Somebody has to be fired for a performance that pathetic, and IMO, Mike Solari will be the one to get the axe.

petegz28
01-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Run up the middle, run up the middle, pass incomplete.

No play acion. Very little if any screens. No slants. Worst Run D Dominates

Simply Red
01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Yadi, Yadi, Yadi,! Or however you spell it.

KCJohnny
01-06-2007, 08:42 PM

Well said. This was a pathetically bad defense, undersized, with not much of a lead to play behind most of the game. The O was given a short field several times, momentum, etc...and couldn't get a 1st down until 3:34 was left in the 3rd quarter. Show me the worst offense in the NFL, not one with 4 PBers, and I PROMISE you that thay play better than that.

Simply Red
01-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm not kind, I'm realistic.

That top 3 O revolved around Roaf. Without him, it's obvious what these guys are - total steaming dung. Players age and decline. That's what's happened to Wiegmann and Shields. And don't even start about Waters, he looked today like he could care less whether we win or lose.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The game was clearly lost by the offensive line today.

teedubya
01-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Mike Solari, you Inspired my new avatar.

KCJohnny
01-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Mike Solari, you Inspired my new avatar.
:LOL:
You sir, are an artist!

Manila-Chief
01-06-2007, 10:14 PM
htismage usually I agree with you but on this point we don't see eye to eye. I have hated the play calling of Solari all year. Alot of it this game has been our players. Solari's playcalling has made it worse. He is way to predictable.

But, why fire Mike ... he is calling the plays that Herm tells him to call? So, if you don't like the plays then you should ask for Herm to be fired.

jcman1224
01-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Watching Herm on the sideline makes it hard to believe he is telling Solari what to call considering he never says a word and stands there with the same expression and his mouth shut all game. If I could choose I would can Herm but that is unrealistic after one Playoff year. Solari has to go, we need an experienced coordinator with his own defined system.

KCJohnny
01-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Watching Herm on the sideline makes it hard to believe he is telling Solari what to call considering he never says a word and stands there with the same expression and his mouth shut all game. If I could choose I would can Herm but that is unrealistic after one Playoff year. Solari has to go, we need an experienced coordinator with his own defined system.

Herm is signed on the blame line, but Solari is without a doubt the weakest link.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2007, 11:00 PM
run, run pass, punt offense.....the offense has lacked any real imagination and i dont know if that is cause they dont trust the OLINE to protect or what....but yeah, trent cant throw and catch it either.

DaWolf
01-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Can we demote Solari back to OL? Our OL seemed to really suffer without his coaching...

teedubya
01-06-2007, 11:13 PM
lets demote Solari... and hire back Al Saunders!

Brilliant!!