PDA

View Full Version : Herm Better Get Solari In Check FAST!

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:15 PM
When your 2 best Offensive players are complaining publicly about the predictablilty of the play calling something better happen or no one is going to buy into any offensive scheme we have no matter what.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Uh, History shows that is doesnt matter who the OC on a Herm led team, those are your results...

Solari is running this offense just the way Herm wants it ran and you would be ****ing yourself with a cheesegrader to think otherwise!

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Uh, History shows that is doesnt matter who the OC on a Herm led team, those are your results...

Solari is running this offense just the way Herm wants it ran and you would be ****ing yourself with a cheesegrader to think otherwise!

Sorry I disagree. Running more doesn't mean always calling run up the middle.

TinyEvel
01-07-2007, 06:20 PM

"Um, I grade this cheese...SHARP!"

milkman
01-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry I disagree. Running more doesn't mean always calling run up the middle.

Yeah, cause with Black at LT, and whoever the **** was lined up at RT, we were sure to have great success running it outside the tackles.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Well then they better bring in an OC that Herm trusts enough to run an offense however they want

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, cause with Black at LT, and whoever the **** was lined up at RT, we were sure to have great success running it outside the tackles.

No play action, very few screens, draws at predicatlbe times.

So let's just pound the midldle for 1-2 yard gains.

blueballs
01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Cards Raiders Falcons OCs available
Steelers won't be

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Well then they better bring in an OC that Herm trusts enough to run an offense however they want

Hackett or Jimmy "Redzone Cordinator" Raye?

Those are about the only 2 Herm will bring back.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Solari was put in so we would not have to change our system with an aging O. Let's face it he was a band-aid just like Jimmy Rae was.

milkman
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
No play action, very few screens, draws at predicatlbe times.

So let's just pound the midldle for 1-2 yard gains.

And in the preseason when Solari tried to show a little imagination, Hermie called him out.

IN THE ****ING PREAEASON!!!

Solari is doing exactly what the idiot in charge wants.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:29 PM
And in the preseason when Solari tried to show a little imagination, Hermie called him out.

And in the first game of the season Solari lost track of down and distance inside the red zone. So what's your point?

And maybe Hermie didn't want Solari showing of fin pre-season? Just a guess. Either way Soalri is the OC and the O sucks.

D2112
01-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Herm has always said..all important offensive play calls have to go through him FIRST..before they are called..so to blame Solari for doing what Herm wants him to do..is basically passing the buck.

FringeNC

Yep. It's hard to blame Solari.

What's funny is that those of us who were scared of what we were seeing and hearing were told to STFU by most posters on here -- that Herm wouldn't be messing with the offense, and that he'd only make incremental changes for the better offensively. Anyone care to change their assessment?

milkman
And in the first game of the season Solari lost track of down and distance inside the red zone. So what's your point?

And maybe Hermie didn't want Solari showing of fin pre-season? Just a guess. Either way Soalri is the OC and the O sucks.

And yet Herman ****ing Edwards was perfectly fine with Gunt running out the Falcon look with Tamba in the preseason.

Herman ****ing Edwards is responsible for this crappyass playcalling.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Herm has always said..all important offensive play calls have to go through him FIRST..before they are called..so to blame Solari for doing what Herm wants him to do..is basically passing the buck.

I have never heard Herm say that. In fact I have heard him say the opposite.

D2112
01-07-2007, 06:35 PM
When he was with the Jets he said it..he said it after the opening day debacle in washington in 2003..

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
When he was with the Jets he said it..he said it after the opening day debacle in washington in 2003..

Ok that was with the Jets. Get with the now please.

D2112
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
What did he say after he threw Solari under the bus in preseason???he said I am going to change that..right??

FringeNC
01-07-2007, 06:37 PM
And yet Herman ****ing Edwards was perfectly fine with Gunt running out the Falcon look with Tamba in the preseason.

It's a joke of an argument. Does ANYONE believe Solari would be calling these plays if Saunders or Vermeil were head coach?

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Like I said I was just guessing. I don't knwo and neither do you. Bottom line is Solari=OC. O=suckage.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Like I said I was just guessing. I don't knwo and neither do you. Bottom line is Solari=OC. O=suckage.

If you are wondering Herm did call out Solari and blasted him in the preseason when coming off the field and in his press conference....

milkman
01-07-2007, 06:56 PM

I do know that after the first sign of any imagination from Solari, Hermie said he didn't like and he was going to talk to Solari about it.

That provides ample evidence that Solari had/has his hands tied by the idiot in charge to just about anyone with at least half a brain cell.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Funny you all blast Hackett and Jimmy Rae but yet Soalri is Herm's fault?

I call BS on all of you blaming Herm. Solari lost track of a game in the red zone. I guess that was Herm's fault? Solari called more sideways passes this year than anyone. I guess that's Herm's fault too? Solari called no play action, no screens and hardly any slants. I know all Herm's fault.

milkman
01-07-2007, 07:05 PM

I call BS on all of you blaming Herm. Solari lost track of a game in the red zone. I guess that was Herm's fault? Solari called more sideways passes this year than anyone. I guess that's Herm's fault too? Solari called no play action, no screens and hardly any slants. I know all Herm's fault.

I blame Marty for Hackett and Raye's playcalling.

I also blame Marty for picking Raye over Saunders as OC when Hackett went to USC.

D2112
01-07-2007, 07:07 PM

Q: How about your offense?

EDWARDS: “We finally saw this vaunted offense that I inherited. For two weeks I didn’t see it. It never got out of the garage. Obviously, it got out this week and I thought that Mike (Solari) did a good job. The first drive was a good drive —13 or 14 plays — ate up a lot of clock and left only seven minutes in the first quarter. They did a good job of moving the ball. It was all started with the run game against seven man fronts and we ran the ball well. Then they started blitzing us and bringing some pressure and it gave us a free release outside and we started throwing it.

“We weren’t smart in certain situations and that’s what I’m bothered about. What I’m bothered about is they talked me into it. We were doing some things that are un- characteristic of me and that I wouldn’t have done. I don’t have to worry about it any more. I got it off my chest and I’m fine now.”

he sounds like he was over seeing this offense here

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Paul Hackett sucked so bad he took us closer to the SB than any other OC in the last how many decades?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:12 PM

That is right and with the Chiefs offense this year lookign just like the Jets of the last 5 years... Nah, Herm couldnt be the issue here.....

I created a thread about it yesterday....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156136

Funny thing I dont recall Solari being on Herms staff last year....

ChiefsLV
01-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Jets fans told us what we were getting in Herm just like we told Chargers fans what they were getting in Marty.

Not that it was brilliant insight or anything. We all kind of knew in the back of our minds that the neutering of the offense was a very likely possibility. Anyone remember the "I'm not going to change the offense rant" followed by the "yeah I'm changing the offense, we are going to run things my way" rant?

Herms fingerprints are all over this mess, and while Solari shares blame also, it ultimately falls on the head coach. Just like it fell on Vermeil for the shitty defense.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Q: How about your offense?

EDWARDS: “We finally saw this vaunted offense that I inherited. For two weeks I didn’t see it. It never got out of the garage. Obviously, it got out this week and I thought that Mike (Solari) did a good job. The first drive was a good drive —13 or 14 plays — ate up a lot of clock and left only seven minutes in the first quarter. They did a good job of moving the ball. It was all started with the run game against seven man fronts and we ran the ball well. Then they started blitzing us and bringing some pressure and it gave us a free release outside and we started throwing it.

“We weren’t smart in certain situations and that’s what I’m bothered about. What I’m bothered about is they talked me into it. We were doing some things that are un- characteristic of me and that I wouldn’t have done. I don’t have to worry about it any more. I got it off my chest and I’m fine now.”

he sounds like he was over seeing this offense here

And Vermeil oversaw the D yet everyone was calling for Gunther's head.

HC's oversee things. I will not buy for one second that all O plays were ran through and approved by Herm.

Herm can say runt he ball more and leave it to Solari to make the game plan. Bottom line is for the last time Solari=OC. And we did need to run the ball a little more than with DV. Or are you telling me Herm INSISTED there be no play action or screens?

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Jets fans told us what we were getting in Herm just like we told Chargers fans what they were getting in Marty.

Not that it was brilliant insight or anything. We all kind of knew in the back of our minds that the neutering of the offense was a very likely possibility. Anyone remember the "I'm not going to change the offense rant" followed by the "yeah I'm changing the offense, we are going to run things my way" rant?

Herms fingerprints are all over this mess, and while Solari shares blame also, it ultimately falls on the head coach. Just like it fell on Vermeil for the shitty defense.

You mean Marty who has one of the highest scoring offenses in the league?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:25 PM

I wonder how that happened?

AJ Smith Hired Cam Cameron to run that offense. AJ Smith also told Marty that he better get his shit straight or your out..

AJ Smith has his foot on Marty's Balls right now. And it is superbowl or bust for Marty.....

Coach
01-07-2007, 07:27 PM

AJ Smith Hired Cam Cameron to run that offense. AJ Smith also told Marty that he better get his shit straight or your out..

AJ Smith has his foot on Marty's Balls right now. And it is superbowl or bust for Marty.....

Well, we'll see what happens come next weekend.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:28 PM

And who told Herm who would be the OC? Ever think Herm don't trust Soalri because he has never been an OC?

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Paul Hackett sucked so bad he took us closer to the SB than any other OC in the last how many decades?

Joe Montana took us closer to the SB. Hackett's star flamed out with Bono at the helm.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Joe Montana took us closer to the SB. Hackett's star flamed out with Bono at the helm.

Oh so Hackett made Bono throw 4 pics??? AH ok.

milkman
01-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh so Hackett made Bono throw 4 pics??? AH ok.

Good Og.

You are the biggest ****ing idiot on this board.

What was your SAT score?

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Good Og.

What was your SAT score?

Tranlsation: Don't piss on my argument with facts.

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Good Og.

What was your SAT score?

Pete, consider this my response also.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
And who told Herm who would be the OC? Ever think Herm don't trust Soalri because he has never been an OC?

You answered your own question! If Herm didnt trust Solari, THEN WHY HIRE HIM?

You arguement is becoming pointless...

Herm hired Solari, Carl didnt force Solari on to Herm like AJ Smith did with Marty...

AJ Smith was tired of Martyball and wanted a change...

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:36 PM
You answered your own question! If Herm didnt trust Solari, THEN WHY HIRE HIM?

You arguement is becoming pointless...

Herm hired Solari, Carl didnt force Solari on to Herm like AJ Smith did with Marty...

AJ Smith was tired of Martyball and wanted a change...

CAuse Peterson tried to band-aid what he thought wa a good thing. Now you want me to believe CArl had nothing to do with Solari??

Oh God you people have more excuses than a kid trying to get out of school on a Friday

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, we'll see what happens come next weekend.
What do you think will happen? I think SD will get to the AFC Championship game, but I can see the Pats and Bill, out coaching Marty and the boys....

milkman
01-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Tranlsation: Don't piss on my argument with facts.

Here is the ****ing fact, dumbass.

Herman ****ing Edwards told Solari that he didn't like Solari to use imagination in the offense.

Herman ****ing Edwards told the media that's what Herman ****ing Edwards told Mike Solari.

Go jack off to your ****ing Herman ****ing Edwards poster now, and shut the **** up dumbass.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Pete, consider this my response also.

I know I know. You people are so bright you blame every OC accept Solari. Then all the sudden it's the HC's fault.

I know Herm told Solari NO PLAY ACTION PASSES!

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:39 PM
CAuse Peterson tried to band-aid what he thought wa a good thing. Now you want me to believe CArl had nothing to do with Solari??

Oh God you people have more excuses than a kid trying to get out of school on a Friday
Herm is that you?

You could say the same thing about yourself... You have more excuses for Herm than Carl does for building a playoff team...

petegz28
Here is the ****ing fact, dumbass.

Herman ****ing Edwards told Solari that he didn't like Solari to use imagination in the offense.

Herman ****ing Edwards told the media that's what Herman ****ing Edwards told Mike Solari.

Go jack off to your ****ing Herman ****ing Edwards poster now, and shut the **** up dumbass.

Right so Herm sais no play action passing right? Herm told Solari it wasn't really 3rd and 5 from the 10 yard line? What else has Herm done?

You people are about as idiotic as they come.

ChiefsLV

I'm referring to Marty's playoff success. How high was the Chargers offense ranked in 2004? How far did they get in the playoffs?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I know I know. You people are so bright you blame every OC accept Solari. Then all the sudden it's the HC's fault.

I know Herm told Solari NO PLAY ACTION PASSES!

I blame Solari for not sacking up and running WTF he wants to run.

you cant tell me running up the centers ass every freaking play is being productive and imaginative?

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:41 PM
I blame Solari for not sacking up and running WTF he wants to run.

you cant tell me running up the centers ass every freaking play is being productive and imaginative?

exaclty. And who is calling those plays there Professor?

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm referring to Marty's playoff success. How high was the Chargers offense ranked in 2004? How far did they get in the playoffs?

Further than the Chiefs??? Just a guess.

milkman
01-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Further than the Chiefs??? Just a guess.

You'd be wrong.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:44 PM
You'd be wrong.

2004 the Chiefs didn't even make the playoffs son.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:45 PM
exaclty. And who is calling those plays there Professor?
The same OC who got his ass ripped by the HC at a press conference for calling plays other than those..

Also, can you tell me why Herm sat at the press conference and told the media that he didnt know what went wrong and said they didnt have a plan b?

hey, I agree with you Solari is to blame, but to sit here and tell me Herm isnt without blame is pretty busch league....

History shows that we are running a typical 100% Herm butt sex offense.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
The same OC who got his ass ripped by the HC at a press conference for calling plays other than those..

Also, can you tell me why Herm sat at the press conference and told the media that he didnt know what went wrong and said they didnt have a plan b?

hey, I agree with you Solari is to blame, but to sit here and tell me Herm isnt without blame is pretty busch league....

History shows that we are running a typical 100% Herm butt sex offense.

I am sayng the majority of blame lies on the OC. It is the OC's job to have the O ready to play. Herm said run the ball more and use more clock. IF that means Solari can't do anything other than run up the middle then we have a problem at OC.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I am sayng the majority of blame lies on the OC. It is the OC's job to have the O ready to play. Herm said run the ball more and use more clock. IF that means Solari can't do anything other than run up the middle then we have a problem at OC.

"Herm said run the ball more and use more clock. IF that means Solari can't do anything other than run up the middle then we have a problem at OC."

Why would you have a problem doing excatly what the HC is telling you to do?

milkman
01-07-2007, 07:49 PM
2004 the Chiefs didn't even make the playoffs son.

And his question was about Marty's playoff success.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:51 PM
"Herm said run the ball more and use more clock. IF that means Solari can't do anything other than run up the middle then we have a problem at OC."

Why would you have a problem doing excatly what the HC is telling you to do?

Well obviosuly Solari does now then heh? If he can't come up with a game plan that focuses on running the ball other than up the middle than he isn't cut out for the job.

Look let's not pretend Solari had a system. He was trying to use Saundr's system for a team and coach that couldn't and didn't want to run it. Run off tacke.....few screens, open up the run game a little with some slants. Yes West Coast passing but it works.

As Green has said most of our plays he cannot audible out of. Whose fault is that?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Well obviosuly Solari does now then heh? If he can't come up with a game plan that focuses on running the ball other than up the middle than he isn't cut out for the job.

Look let's not pretend Solari had a system. He was trying to use Saundr's system for a team and coach that couldn't and didn't want to run it. Run off tacke.....few screens, open up the run game a little with some slants. Yes West Coast passing but it works.

As Green has said most of our plays he cannot audible out of. Whose fault is that?

Sounds like we have a problem at HC and OC to me...

Funny this was the same stuff the NYJ fans have been bitching about for the last 5 years...

I have a friend that is a die hard Jets fan, so he burns me all the time....

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Sounds like we have a problem at HC and OC to me...

Funny this was the same stuff the NYJ fans have been bitching about for the last 5 years...

I have a friend that is a die hard Jets fan, so he burns me all the time....

Funny Herm took those Jets teams to more playoffs than DV took us.

I Agree with most of everything Herm wants to do. He has our D getting on track and he wants to run a ball control offense.

Jeebus look at Baltimore for crying out loud. I happen to think we can do better on offense than them probably not quite as good on D. But none the less look at what they did to us. Played strong D and in the 4th quarter on the road ran a 9 minute drive on us.

We don't have a Hc problem. Herm has proven himself as far as I am concerned. He had more success in NY than DV did here. Solari on the other hand needs to go back to OL coach

milkman
01-07-2007, 07:56 PM

I'll try this again.

Solari ran because that is what Herman ****ing Edwards wanted.

He ran up the gut, because Jordan Black and whoever the hell was playing right tackle couldn't block your grandmother.

Mike Solari did just about the only thing he could do.

He played to the one strength he was allowed to play to.

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 07:57 PM

I have to wonder how accurate that is. It sure doesn't sound like Marty. He told Art Modell to f*ck off and he told Carl Peterson to f*ck off. They both tanked when he left. Is Smith a relative of the owner or something?

petegz28
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I'll try this again.

Solari ran because that is what Herman ****ing Edwards wanted.

He ran up the gut, because Jordan Black and whoever the hell was playing right tackle couldn't block your grandmother.

Mike Solari did just about the only thing he could do.

He played to the one strength he was allowed to play to.

Yes not calling play action pass, constantly running short routes on 3rd down and forgetting that screen plays exist until it's too late is all Herm's fault.

Solari doesn't allow Green to audible out of plays and he has no clue how to loosen up a D.

D2112
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Funny Herm took those Jets teams to more playoffs than DV took us.

I Agree with most of everything Herm wants to do. He has our D getting on track and he wants to run a ball control offense.

Jeebus look at Baltimore for crying out loud. I happen to think we can do better on offense than them probably not quite as good on D. But none the less look at what they did to us. Played strong D and in the 4th quarter on the road ran a 9 minute drive on us.
I was waiting for this..you said the magic word..you..my friend..are a ''Hermophile'' there used to be hundreds of them on the Jets boards

Originally posted by Sperm Edwards
2000 NYJ (Al Groh): 9-7

• Very up & down year, but most concede it was due to poor motivation & the players just flat-out disliking Groh. Pushed them too hard in preseason & they ran out of gas after starting 6-1.
• Also was Testaverde’s return from Achilles tendon injury.
• Among the teams they beat were Miami (11-5) twice, Tampa Bay (10-6) and Green Bay (9-7). They split with the Colts (10-6).
• Missed chip-shot FG vs Detroit at home. If the Jets had beaten Baltimore the following week they would have made the playoffs. This ultimately cost them a trip to the playoffs.
• Opponents’ records were combined 145-111 (.566).
• Four went to the Pro Bowl (Anderson, Glenn, Lewis, Mawae).
• Other notable players included Chad Pennington, John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Jason Ferguson, Curtis Martin, and Wayne Chrebet.

2001 NYJ (Herm Edwards): 10-6

• Edwards has no prior HC experience in the NFL, college, high school, or Pop-Warner. Edwards has no prior OC experience at any of those levels. Edwards has no prior DC experience at any of those levels. Edwards was never the special teams coach at any of those levels. As such, Edwards was never responsible for coming up with a game plan for a single football game prior to his hiring.
• Takes over a team with a veteran 3-4 defense with cover-corners, hires a DC (Ted Cottrell) whose specialty is the 3-4, & inserts a 4-man front, cover-2 base package that was successful in Tampa Bay (never considering that TB had 4-5 defensive pro-bowlers who made it work).
• Though the offense had an immobile pocket passer who missed the ’99 season with a ruptured Achilles tendon, and short WRs (Chrebet, Coles, Moss), shifted the team to a west-coast offense under Paul Hackett (who had just been fired for running the USC program into the ground after three years. Since his removal from USC, they are the best team in the USA. Prior to that he was fired from the OC position in KC).
• After an 8.5 sack rookie season, decided to move huge DE Shaun Ellis to DT, a colossal flop.
• Started out 1-2 including an unwatchable offensive plodding vs. the 6-10 Colts (down by three touchdowns we were still eating 8+ minutes of clock up on one drive running the ball in the 2nd half).
• Teams beat were NE (11-5) in the game that Lewis knocked Bledsoe out, Miami (11-5) twice, and Oakland (10-6).
• Eked out 1-point victories vs. the Bengals (6-10), Colts (6-10), and Panthers (1-15) and a 6-pt win vs. the 3-13 Bills before losing to those same Bills in a win-and-we’re-in game 15.
• Made the playoffs on a 50-yd FG in Oakland in the last game.
• Opponents’ records were combined 131-125 (.511).
• Lost the WC game in Oakland.
• Four went to the Pro Bowl (Abraham, Glenn, Martin, Mawae).
• Offense was #26 in yards; #17 in pts
• Defense was #17 in yards; #12 in points.

2002 NYJ: 9-7, Division champions

• In an effort to better enable the team to complete the switch to Edwards’ cover-2 base package, salary-cap purges Aaron Glenn & Marcus Coleman were replaced by Aaron Beasley and Donnie Abraham. To better facilitate Ellis’ move to DT, Edwards brought in DE Steve White which led GM Bradway to reach for a speedy DE in the 1st round (Bryan Thomas) to groom behind White. None of the players Edwards knew and/or requested panned out. Only Donnie Abraham proved to be a serviceable starter for 3 years. Since then, Thomas is still 2nd-string; Ellis went back to DE; Beasley (released), Abraham (retired), and White (released) are no longer with the team.
• Team started out 1-4. Their lone win in the first five games resulted from Chad Morton’s kickoff return TD in overtime (his 2nd of the game) vs. the Bills. The following three games, with no injuries to speak of, the Jets were outscored 102-13.
• During that stretch, RB Curtis Martin had two very bad high ankle sprains and did not miss a game. Edwards would not start LaMont Jordan for even one game, or give Jordan as many as 6 carries in any game.
• Game 5 they blew a lead to KC by getting too conservative too early on offense (an Edwards/Hackett trademark for their entire NYJ tenure).
• Game 7 blew a 21-3 lead to the Cleveland Browns & lost 24-21 for the same reason.
• Damien Robinson brought the shotgun to Giants Stadium in the trunk of his car on Oct 14, 2001 (soon after 9/11).
Ellis was moved back to DE and had a sub-par year since he was still carrying the extra weight required for his move to DT.
• Chad Pennington had a magical season and almost single-handedly brought the Jets back from the dead, throwing 22 TD’s to 6 INT’s and going 8-4 in his regular season starts (including the two blown games when the Jets stopped passing way too early).
• With the Jets in control of their own destiny, lost to the (then) 3-10 Chicago Bears.
• Thanks to an improbable outcome in the last game between Miami/NE, the Jets won a three-way tiebreaker as all three teams ended up 9-7. Jets win the division.
• Beat the 10-6 Colts in impressive fashion 41-0 in the wild card game before getting slaughtered 30-10 by the Raiders in the division playoff game a week later.
• After the game, with his star receiver Laveranues Coles not under contract, Edwards comments to the media that the Jets need to get bigger at WR. Coles departs for Washington after the Jets only tender him at $1.3M.
• >.500 teams beat were Miami (9-7), Denver (9-7), NE (9-7), GB (12-4)
• Pro Bowlers were John Abraham and Kevin Mawae

2003 NYJ: 6-10

• Chad Pennington breaks his left wrist in a pre-season game, where rookie FB BJ Askew was responsible for picking up and missing his assignment on the blitz that got Pennington injured. Inexcusable letting a rookie block for the franchise QB in a meaningless preseason game. Pennington is out until game 7.
• Edwards does not let Testaverde start the last pre-season game to work with the first team offense out of fear that he, too, could get injured.
• Testaverde starts very rusty. The offense is not altered at all to take advantage of Testaverde’s arm strength and minimize his lack of mobility (again). Jets lose the first four games, including an embarrassing display of conservatism vs. the Redskins in Washington to kick off the NFL season.
• After winning two games in a row, and with a 10-pt halftime lead over the Eagles, Edwards follows through with his pre-game announcement that Pennington will relieve Vinny during the game. Pennington comes in, blows the lead, and the Jets lose. They also blow a very winnable game to the 4-12 Giants (who would not win another game after that) the following week.
• Won a surprising victory vs the 12-4 Titans who were clearly not taking us seriously. Only other teams they lost to all season (& post-season) were the Colts & Patriots.
• Prior to a late game against New England, Herm is evidently and suddenly not satisfied with Hackett’s game plan of draw plays. He feels we need to be more vertical in the passing game. We know this because he says as much to beat reporters early enough in the week to allow Belichick/Crennel ample time to prepare. Herm (as usual) follows through with his publicized gameplan & Chad throws 5 interceptions for the first & only time in his career.
• Final game we lose yet another winnable game vs. Miami as Herm has officially completed the exorcism of the Jets demons that had plagued Miami.
• Herm decided that the only RB on the team with breakaway speed (Jordan) will now be relegated to goal-line & short-yardage duty. Never mind that he’s a “RB with power” rather than a “power RB.” This is also announced, so any opponent who sees him come into the game (when it’s not garbage-time) is fully aware that the next play will be a handoff to Jordan (more than half his year’s carries were in 2-3 TE sets). In doing this for the entire season, Jordan still has a higher YPC than the “underrated warrior” RB who has the whole field and all the first-second downs to work with unless it’s garbage time to run out the clock at the end of a half. Though healthy, Jordan finishes the year with 46 carries, only 15 of which came after November 1st & only one carry after December 1st.
• On the year, a staggering 87% of the RB carries (including garbage time) went to Curtis Martin so he could amass 1300 yards. By comparison, Jamal Lewis with over 2000 yards got 81%; Ahman Green with almost 1900 yards at 75%.
• Santana Moss starts the year buried behind Wayne Chrebet and Coles replacement–Curtis Conway. No amount of dropped balls gets Conway out of the starting lineup. Only an injury. Once he was finally given the chance, Moss explodes like we all hoped he would when we traded up to draft him two years earlier. He explodes, for 1100 yards and 10 TDs despite only starting 12 games. Numbers never to be approached again until traded.
• Opponents’ records were combined 135-121 (.527), owing much to playing the 14-2 Patriots twice (otherwise we still only went 6-8 (.428) against opponents with a combined .477 win percentage.
• Missed the playoffs
• Two went to the Pro Bowl (Ellis, Mawae).
• Offense was #23 in yards, #21 in pts
• Defense was #20 in yards, #8 in points. Ted Cottrell is fired in the offseason.

2004 NYJ: 10-6

• Team is given the gift of the easiest schedule to start the season in recent memory and win all five of those games, including the Bengals (in Carson Palmer’s first NFL start); the Chargers (one game removed from the NFL’s worst team and two weeks removed from considering starting rookie Phillip Rivers at QB for the season); the 4-12 Dolphins (with no line, no RBs, and a QB controversy in full swing); the then 0-3 Bills; and the 2-14 49ers. Those teams’ combined record at the time of their games with the Jets was 1-11 (1-16 after the losses to the Jets).
• Despite the outcomes, nearly blew the games against the Bengals, Chargers, Bills, and even let the hapless 49ers get out to a 14-0 lead.
• Week 6 the Jets hold the SB champion Patriots (and owners of the #4 offense in 2004) to only 13 points. Our try-to-keep-it-close-until-the-end offensive scheme nets a paltry 7 points (though the rest of the NFL would average over 16 ppg against the Pats).
• After beating up the pathetic Dolphins, the Jets get embarrassed by the Bills as they give us flashbacks to the Ted Cottrell rush-d’s of the past watching Willis McGahee move the chains on 37 carries. Chad Pennington injures his shoulder in the game.
• With Quincy Carter starting effectively and the OL mauling the vaunted Ravens rush defense, the Jets take commanding control of the game, only to watch Hackett/Edwards needlessly attempt an unnecessary HB option that is intercepted and returned for a TD while the Jets were driving into Ravens territory.
• The same game Edwards is caught on camera having Dick Curl telling him how many timeouts we had & when they were to be used; Pennington coaching Herm to instruct Carter on what to do; the clock-killing debacle where Edwards can’t come up with a single play on his own at the end of regulation that put us in a position to have to choose between a play or a FG even though it wasn’t 4th down; also shots of the Ravens’ booth repeatedly and correctly predicting what play would be called as the 4th quarter wound down. In the post-game press conference, Edwards initially lies about a play being relayed to Carter with adequate time, to shift the blame onto the player, before retracting it upon realizing the replay of the game on NFL network showed the polar opposite.
• After beating the 4-12 Browns, 6-10 Cardinals, and 7-9 Texans, the Jets faced the Steelers and failed to score a touchdown as Jordan is stubbornly kept on the sideline despite Martin’s game-long ineffectiveness. (The average opponent scored 16 points per game against the Steelers; the Jets offense managed 12 total points in two games).
• At 10-4, the Jets needed to win one more game to lock up a playoff spot. They came out totally flat for a 23-7 loss vs. NE (the score doesn’t nearly depict how lopsided it was) before losing to the 7-8 Rams. A Buffalo loss to the Steelers 2nd & 3rd-stringers allows the Jets to advance to the post-season anyway.
• Jets squeak by the Chargers despite almost giving the game back on an unsportsmanlike penalty on what should have been the Chargers’ last play in regulation. Chargers missed an overtime FG and the Jets did not.
• Against Pittsburgh, the Jets failed to score a single offensive touchdown. The defense & special teams keep the Jets in the game and are in a position to win it with a field goal despite just missing one the previous possession. With the clock winding down, the Jets decide to predictably run up the middle twice (and get stuffed both times) before Edwards comes up with his crowning achievement as decision maker. Though at Heinz Field, the worst place to kick a FG in the country, and a weak-legged kicker who just missed from >40 yards, it is decided that a 41-yard FG is to be made into a 43-yard FG by kneeling on the ball (which would have been the longest FG ever made at Heinz Field at the time). Brien misses, Jets go on to lose the game.
• Opponents’ record: 134-122 (.523). Played NE (14-2) twice & Pittsburgh (15-1) & lost all 3 games; the other 13 games, Jets opponents record was 91-117 (.438).
• >.500 teams beat: Chargers (12-4), Bills (9-7), Seattle (9-7); also beat the Chargers in the playoffs.
• Two went to the Pro Bowl (J. Abraham, C. Martin).
• Offense was #12 in yds, #17 in pts
• Defense was #7 in yards, #4 in points.

2005:

• The playoff loss is placed on Brien, who is released after the draft, and Paul Hackett, who “resigned” at the close of the season.
• Strength & conditioning coach John Lott quits b/c Herm won't enforce weight restrictions with fines.
• Jets add Ty Law; lose Kareem MacKenzie, LaMont Jordan, Jason Ferguson, and Anthony Becht; trade Santana Moss for Laveranues Coles.
• To complement new OC Mike Heimerdinger, Edwards hires a few coaches who will be learning on the job just like he did. (Heimerdinger would end up coaching these coaches almost as much as the players for the entire season).
• Chad Pennington, who has a close personal relationship with Edwards, is not placed under any pressure to get his necessary shoulder surgery performed as soon as possible (since the recovery time will be lengthy, and the Jets would be installing a new offense under Mike Heimerdinger). Immediately after the season he goes on vacation for a few weeks before getting his necessary surgery. He is clearly neither fully healed nor game-ready by week 1.
• Division rival New England loses OC Charlie Weis and DC Romeo Crennel
• Jets then start losing players to injury right & left (and Herm has the nerve to act shocked after that softy training camp & then sticking with a system that repeatedly got McNair killed with a GOOD offensive line). Fumbled snaps, players winded, meetings with KC's brass the weekend of the Jets-Chiefs game. The season was over before the injuries. I don't even want to go into detail about last season there was so much wrong with it.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Psot all the Bs about Herm you want. Fact remains Herm as HC = More playoff appearances than DV and the Chiefs. Everything else can be bitched about all you want. He got his teams on the dance floor more than DV and a high powered offense did.

milkman
01-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes not calling play action pass, constantly running short routes on 3rd down and forgetting that screen plays exist until it's too late is all Herm's fault.

Solari doesn't allow Green to audible out of plays and he has no clue how to loosen up a D.

Play action pass is a great play for 1st down.
But that isn't running the ball and Herman ****ing Edwards wants to run the ball.
Screens are great if your RB can actually catch the ****ing ball, and that's not running the ball, and Herman ****ing Edwards wants to run the ball.
And why the hell would you run a longer routes on 3rd down when all you're going to do is get your QB killed before the route develops, because Herman ****ing Edwards wants to run the ball on first and second down, setting you up in a 3rd and long, allowing the D-Line to pin their ears back and come after the QB?

And Saunders didn't have an audible system in place either.

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Psot all the Bs about Herm you want. Fact remains Herm as HC = More playoff appearances than DV and the Chiefs. Everything else can be bitched about all you want. He got his teams on the dance floor more than DV and a high powered offense did.
Translation: Herm stumbled miserably down the stretch but luckily backed into the playoffs at 9-7 due to the actions of others.

ChiefsLV
01-07-2007, 08:09 PM

Why do you keep making this a DV vs. Herm thing? We could care less about DV. The point we're trying to make here is that we know what we're getting with Herm.

ChiefsFanatic
01-07-2007, 08:09 PM

Yeah, and Gun is running the defense just like Herm wants. The day we hired Herm, I was sick to my stomach.

milkman
01-07-2007, 08:10 PM

We get it.

You think Herman ****ing Edwards is better than Dick Vermeil.

I am not arguing that.

Dick Vermeil sucked ass.

But better than bad does not equal good.

Herman ****ing Edwards sucks ass also.

He just is sucking a different ass.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Translation: Herm stumbled miserably down the stretch but luckily backed into the playoffs at 9-7 due to the actions of others.

Did we get in the playoffs? Ok so Herm is 1 for 1 right now for getting to the playoffs as a Chiefs HC. Yes his team won at home when they needed too and 3 others didn't.

So what is your point?

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:11 PM
We get it.

You think Herman ****ing Edwards is better than Dick Vermeil.

I am not arguing that.

Dick Vermeil sucked ass.

But better than bad does not equal good.

Herman ****ing Edwards sucks ass also.

He just is sucking a different ass.

I call BS. I say Solari doesn't know how to call a game. Plain and simple.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, and Gun is running the defense just like Herm wants. The day we hired Herm, I was sick to my stomach.

The D that shut down Peyton Manning for 43 minutes when the O didn't get 1 first down for said 43 min?

milkman
01-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I call BS. I say Solari doesn't know how to call a game. Plain and simple.

And I call BS, because you're a ****ing dumbass who has no evidence to support your argument, while evidence to support ours has been amply provided.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
And I call BS, because you're a ****ing dumbass who has no evidence to support your argument, while evidence to support ours has been amply provided.

No fisrt downs for 5 straight possesions against Miami.

No first downs for 7 straight possesions against the leagues worst Run D in a playoff game.

What more evidence do you need?

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Did we get in the playoffs? Ok so Herm is 1 for 1 right now for getting to the playoffs as a Chiefs HC. Yes his team won at home when they needed too and 3 others didn't.

So what is your point?
My point is that Herm "made the playoffs" in spite of his ineptness. Not because he did a good job. Can you comprehend that?

milkman
01-07-2007, 08:18 PM

No first downs for 7 straight possesions against the leagues worst Run D in a playoff game.

I can't even begin to figure how to get through the density.

D2112
01-07-2007, 08:22 PM

Notice a pattern here??

Originally posted by Greenbeans

Food for thought - same HC, different OC - notice a pattern?

Today:

Kansas City Chiefs at 15:00
1st and 10 at KC 20 (15:00) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 20 for no gain (R.Brock, R.Mathis).
2nd and 10 at KC 20 (14:22) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 22 for 2 yards (N.Harper).
3rd and 8 at KC 22 (13:43) T.Green pass incomplete short middle to E.Kennison (N.Harper) [D.Freeney].
4th and 8 at KC 22 (13:39) D.Colquitt punts 37 yards to IND 41, Center-K.Gammon, fair catch by T.Wilkins.

1st and 10 at KC 17 (8:34) T.Green pass short right to T.Gonzalez to KC 21 for 4 yards (N.Harper, C.June).
2nd and 6 at KC 21 (7:57) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 22 for 1 yard (A.McFarland, G.Brackett).
3rd and 5 at KC 22 (7:18) T.Green pass incomplete short left to E.Kennison.
4th and 5 at KC 22 (7:13) D.Colquitt punts 47 yards to IND 31, Center-K.Gammon, out of bounds.

Kansas City Chiefs at 2:09, (1st play from scrimmage 2:03)
1st and 10 at KC 9 (2:03) L.Johnson right end to KC 9 for no gain (M.Jackson).
2nd and 10 at KC 9 (1:26) L.Johnson right tackle to KC 14 for 5 yards (R.Morris).
3rd and 5 at KC 14 (:46) T.Green sacked at KC 6 for -8 yards (D.Freeney). FUMBLES (D.Freeney), recovered by KC-J.Black at KC 4. J.Black to KC 4 for no gain (R.Brock). Sack of 10 yards for Freeney
4th and 15 at KC 4 (:10) D.Colquitt punts 59 yards to IND 37, Center-K.Gammon. T.Wilkins to IND 41 for 4 yards (K.Fox, J.Page).
PENALTY on IND-M.Jackson, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at IND 41.

Kansas City Chiefs at 11:06
1st and 9 at IND 9 (11:06) L.Johnson up the middle to IND 3 for 6 yards (A.Bethea, B.Sanders).
2nd and 3 at IND 3 (10:32) L.Johnson right guard to IND 2 for 1 yard (F.Keiaho, C.June).
3rd and 2 at IND 2 (9:56) T.Green up the middle to IND 5 for -3 yards (C.June).
4th and 5 at IND 5 (9:26) L.Tynes 23 yard field goal is No Good, Hit Left Upright, Center-K.Gammon, Holder-D.Colquitt.

Kansas City Chiefs at 6:23
1st and 10 at KC 14 (6:23) T.Green pass incomplete short left to T.Gonzalez.
2nd and 10 at KC 14 (6:18) D.Hall right end to KC 22 for 8 yards (M.Jackson).
3rd and 2 at KC 22 (5:34) T.Green pass incomplete short right to D.Hall.
4th and 2 at KC 22 (5:27) D.Colquitt punts 66 yards to IND 12, Center-K.Gammon. T.Wilkins to IND 31 for 19 yards (K.Fox).

Kansas City Chiefs at 1:40
1st and 10 at KC 14 (1:40) T.Green pass incomplete short right to T.Gonzalez (G.Brackett).
2nd and 10 at KC 14 (1:35) (Shotgun) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 18 for 4 yards (R.Mathis, C.June).
3rd and 6 at KC 18 (1:13) (Shotgun) T.Green pass short left to L.Johnson to KC 16 for -2 yards (Da.Reid).
Timeout #2 by IND at 01:03.
4th and 8 at KC 16 (1:03) D.Colquitt punts 54 yards to IND 30, Center-K.Gammon. T.Wilkins to IND 35 for 5 yards (W.Kershaw).

Kansas City Chiefs at 12:30
1st and 10 at KC 33 (12:30) L.Johnson right tackle to KC 36 for 3 yards (D.Freeney).
2nd and 7 at KC 36 (11:58) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 38 for 2 yards (R.Mathis).
3rd and 5 at KC 38 (11:24) (Shotgun) T.Green pass incomplete deep middle to T.Gonzalez.
4th and 5 at KC 38 (11:18) D.Colquitt punts 51 yards to IND 11, Center-K.Gammon, fair catch by T.Wilkins.

Kansas City Chiefs at 4:14
1st and 10 at KC 40 (4:14) D.Hall right end to KC 46 for 6 yards (A.Bethea). Lateral pass from Green to Hall.
2nd and 4 at KC 46 (3:38) T.Green pass short middle to T.Gonzalez to IND 48 for 6 yards (A.Bethea).
1st and 10 at IND 48 (3:11) L.Johnson up the middle to IND 45 for 3 yards (A.McFarland).
2nd and 7 at IND 45 (2:38) T.Green pass deep left to K.Wilson to IND 21 for 24 yards (B.Sanders).
1st and 10 at IND 21 (2:02) T.Green pass short middle to L.Johnson to IND 13 for 8 yards (G.Brackett).
2nd and 2 at IND 13 (1:28) L.Johnson right tackle to IND 11 for 2 yards (B.Sanders).
1st and 10 at IND 11 (:50) T.Green pass short right to K.Wilson to IND 6 for 5 yards (N.Harper, G.Brackett).
2nd and 5 at IND 6 (:14) T.Green pass short right to T.Gonzalez for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 8 16
TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. T.Green pass to K.Wilson is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.

Kansas City Chiefs at 10:16, (1st play from scrimmage 10:10)
1st and 10 at KC 18 (10:10) T.Green pass short left to L.Johnson to KC 18 for no gain (J.David).
2nd and 10 at KC 18 (9:37) T.Green pass short middle to T.Gonzalez to KC 27 for 9 yards (M.Jackson, C.June).
3rd and 1 at KC 27 (9:00) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 30 for 3 yards (A.McFarland).
1st and 10 at KC 30 (8:26) T.Green pass short middle to L.Johnson to KC 43 for 13 yards (M.Jackson, C.June).
1st and 10 at KC 43 (7:52) M.Bennett right end to KC 44 for 1 yard (Da.Reid).
2nd and 9 at KC 44 (7:18) T.Green pass short right to D.Hall to 50 for 6 yards (N.Harper) [Da.Reid].
3rd and 3 at 50 (6:35) PENALTY on KC-B.Waters, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at 50 - No Play.
3rd and 8 at KC 45 (6:14) (Shotgun) T.Green pass deep right intended for E.Kennison INTERCEPTED by B.Sanders [A.McFarland] at IND 27.
B.Sanders pushed ob at IND 44 for 17 yards (C.Wiegmann).

Kansas City Chiefs at 5:35
1st and 10 at IND 37 (5:35) T.Green sacked at IND 45 for -8 yards (D.Freeney).
2nd and 18 at IND 45 (5:13) (Shotgun) T.Green sacked at IND 48 for -3 yards (A.McFarland).
3rd and 21 at IND 48 (4:56) T.Green pass short middle to L.Johnson to IND 38 for 10 yards (R.Brock).
4th and 11 at IND 38 (4:26) (Shotgun) T.Green pass short middle to M.Bennett to IND 26 for 12 yards (C.June).
1st and 10 at IND 26 (4:00) T.Green sacked at IND 30 for -4 yards (sack split by R.Mathis and B.Schobel). FUMBLES (R.Mathis), RECOVERED by IND-J.Thomas at IND 30. J.Thomas to IND 30 for no gain (J.Welbourn).

Kansas City Chiefs at 1:49
1st and 10 at KC 30 (1:49) (Shotgun) T.Green pass incomplete deep middle to D.Hall.
2nd and 10 at KC 30 (1:43) T.Green pass short middle to D.Hall pushed ob at KC 36 for 6 yards (N.Harper).
3rd and 4 at KC 36 (1:36) (Shotgun) T.Green pass incomplete short right to T.Gonzalez.
4th and 4 at KC 36 (1:31) (Shotgun) T.Green pass deep left intended for S.Parker INTERCEPTED by A.Bethea at IND 48. A.Bethea ran ob at KC 36 for 16 yards.

NY Jets - 5:16
1st-10, NYJ1 5:16 Q. Carter rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, NYJ4 4:55 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 6 yard gain
3rd-1, NYJ10 4:35 Q. Carter passed to C. Baker to the right for 19 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ29 3:45 Q. Carter passed to S. Moss to the right for 17 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ46 2:45 C. Martin rushed to the right for 8 yard gain
2nd-2, BAL46 2:05 C. Martin rushed up the middle for no gain
3rd-2, BAL46 1:25 Q. Carter sacked by M. Douglas
4th-5, BAL49 0:55 T. Gowin punt. B. Sams returned punt for no gain. B. Sams fumbled. K. Wright recovered fumble
1st-10, BAL12 0:34 C. Martin rushed to the left for 8 yard gain
2nd Quarter
NY Jets continued
2nd-2, BAL4 15:00 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
3rd-1, BAL3 14:30 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
1st-1, BAL1 13:40 C. Martin rushed to the right for 1 yard touchdown. D. Brien made PAT

1st-10, NYJ10 12:13 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
2nd-9, NYJ11 11:35 Q. Carter rushed to the left for 4 yard gain
3rd-5, NYJ15 10:45 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
4th-1, NYJ19 10:05 T. Gowin punt. B. Sams returned punt for 1 yard

NY Jets - 7:57
1st-10, NYJ18 7:57 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 8 yard gain
2nd-2, NYJ26 7:25 C. Martin rushed to the left for 7 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ33 6:45 Q. Carter passed to W. Chrebet to the right for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, NYJ36 6:25 Q. Carter passed to J. McCareins to the left for 16 yard gain
1st-10, BAL48 5:40 Q. Carter sacked by K. Gregg
2nd-15, NYJ47 5:10 L. Jordan rushed up the middle for 10 yard gain
3rd-5, BAL43 4:30 Q. Carter passed to L. Jordan to the right for 25 yard gain. BAL committed 9 yard penalty
1st-9, BAL9 3:55 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 9 yard touchdown. D. Brien made PAT

NY Jets - 2:30
1st-10, NYJ35 2:30 Q. Carter passed to C. Martin to the right for 1 yard gain
2nd-9, NYJ36 2:10 Q. Carter passed to S. Moss to the right for 47 yard gain
1st-10, BAL17 1:56 E. Reed intercepted L. Jordan for 78 yards. BAL committed 10 yard penalty

NY Jets - 0:40
1st-10, NYJ20 0:40 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 9 yard gain
2nd-1, NYJ29 0:33 Q. Carter passed to C. Martin down the middle for 4 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ33 0:23 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

NY Jets - 14:50
1st-10, NYJ13 14:50 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, NYJ13 14:47 C. Martin rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
3rd-7, NYJ16 14:15 Q. Carter sacked by A. Thomas
4th-11, NYJ12 13:45 T. Gowin punt, no return

NY Jets - 8:30
1st-10, NYJ26 8:30 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, NYJ28 7:50 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the right
3rd-8, NYJ28 7:45 Q. Carter passed to S. Moss to the left for 11 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ39 7:05 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, NYJ39 6:59 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
3rd-8, NYJ41 6:20 Q. Carter passed to W. Chrebet to the right for 3 yard gain
4th-5, NYJ44 5:40 NYJ committed 5 yard penalty
4th-10, NYJ39 5:35 T. Gowin punt. B. Sams returned punt for 19 yards

NY Jets - 4:07
1st-10, NYJ38 4:07 Q. Carter passed to J. Sowell to the right for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, NYJ40 3:30 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
3rd-5, NYJ43 3:00 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the left
4th-5, NYJ43 2:51 T. Gowin punt, no return

NY Jets - 0:33
1st-10, NYJ6 0:33 C. Martin rushed to the left for 2 yard gain
4th Quarter
NY Jets continued
2nd-8, NYJ8 15:00 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 6 yard gain
3rd-2, NYJ14 14:25 Q. Carter passed to W. Chrebet to the right for 13 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ27 13:35 L. Jordan rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, NYJ31 12:55 Q. Carter sacked by K. Gregg and M. Douglas
3rd-7, NYJ30 12:25 Q. Carter sacked by C. Williams
4th-20, NYJ17 12:25 T. Gowin punt. B. Sams returned punt for 8 yards. BAL committed 10 yard penalty

NY Jets - 10:56
1st-10, NYJ36 10:56 C. Martin rushed up the middle for no gain
2nd-10, NYJ36 10:20 C. Martin rushed up the middle for no gain
3rd-10, NYJ36 9:40 Q. Carter incomplete pass down the middle
4th-10, NYJ36 9:38 T. Gowin punt. B. Sams returned punt for 5 yards

NY Jets - 4:03
1st-10, NYJ45 4:03 C. Martin rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, NYJ48 3:25 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the right
3rd-7, NYJ48 3:16 Q. Carter passed to J. McCareins to the left for 14 yard gain
1st-10, BAL38 2:30 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 21 yard gain
1st-10, BAL17 2:00 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 5 yard gain
2nd-5, BAL12 1:30 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 1 yard loss
3rd-6, BAL13 0:55 Q. Carter rushed up the middle for 9 yard gain
1st-4, BAL4 0:20 L. Jordan rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
2nd-3, BAL3 0:14 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the right
3rd-3, BAL3 0:08 D. Brien kicked a 20-yard field goal

OT

NY Jets - 15:00
1st-10, NYJ20 15:00 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, NYJ22 14:35 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the right
3rd-8, NYJ22 14:20 Q. Carter rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
4th-6, NYJ24 13:45 T. Gowin punt. B. Sams returned punt for 8 yards

NY Jets - 12:10
1st-10, NYJ9 12:10 Q. Carter rushed to the right for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, NYJ13 11:30 C. Martin rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
3rd-3, NYJ16 10:55 Q. Carter incomplete pass to the left
4th-3, NYJ16 10:42 T. Gowin punt. B. Sams returned punt for 4 yards

I wish you guys the best of luck - sorry to see you go out today.

gb

RJ
01-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Grater.....it's a cheese grater. We don't grade cheese. we grate cheese.

Just trying to help.

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Grater.....it's a cheese grater. We don't grade cheese. we grate cheese.

Just trying to help.
Surely somebody grades cheese.

SLQ
01-07-2007, 08:35 PM

The best bet is to have two Head Coaches that have complete control over the different factions of the team. HCO and HCD. Herm can stay on as defense but get someone in as the HCO that knows how to call a game offensively and let Herm win on the defensive side. That way Herm gets to call the defense the way he needs to call it and the HCO gets to try to score 100 points a game!

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:37 PM
You guys crack me up. Solari might as well walk on water for you guys. Nevermind he can't get a fisrt down.

milkman
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM
You guys crack me up. Solari might as well walk on water for you guys. Nevermind he can't get a fisrt down.

You don't even have a freakin' clue.

I don't have any loyalty to Mike Solari.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:50 PM
You don't even have a freakin' clue.

I don't have any loyalty to Mike Solari.

Nope you have just done nothing other than defend him totally and then call people names. Meanwhile bashing Herm for it all.

milkman
01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Nope you have just done nothing other than defend him totally and then call people names. Meanwhile bashing Herm for it all.

And you simply aren't bright enough to figure out that the Chiefs playcalling this year is the exact same pattern that Herman ****ing Edwards has followed throughout his career as a HC.

I'm not defending Solari.
I'm arguing that Herman ****ing Edwards is the moron responsible.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 08:56 PM
And you simply aren't bright enough to figure out that the Chiefs playcalling this year is the exact same pattern that Herman ****ing Edwards has followed throughout his career as a HC.

I'm not defending Solari.
I'm arguing that Herman ****ing Edwards is the moron responsible.

Well he must of done something right considering he got to playoffs more than we did.

D2112
01-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Well he must of done something right considering he got to playoffs more than we did.
*sigh*Herman Edwards inherited 2 good teams..he stepped in shit..you act like he built an expansion team..

milkman
01-07-2007, 08:59 PM

He played enough defense in a weak division.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
*sigh*Herman Edwards inherited 2 good teams..he stepped in shit..you act like he built an expansion team..

So then what did Mangini inherit? You all have more excuses than little kdis trying to ditch school on test day.

Bob Dole
01-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Surely somebody grades cheese.
The USDA Agricultural Marketing Service has established U.S. grade standards for four varieties of cheese: Cheddar, Colby, Monterey, and Swiss.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 09:02 PM
He played enough defense in a weak division.

He got htere we didn't. End of story

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Who is Solari's boss?

D2112
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
So then what did Mangini inherit? You all have more excuses than little kdis trying to ditch school on test day.
:rolleyes:

He inherited a team with no running back and had to trade(Abraham) or release(Mawae)2 of their better players..Curtis Martin(Herm's savior)did not play all year..who's team was it??

Eric
01-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Herm thinks he's an offensive coordinator too.

Sounds just like the old Marty days with Jimmy Raye.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 09:04 PM
:rolleyes:

He inherited a team with no running back and had to trade(Abraham) or release(Mawae)2 of their better players..Curtis Martin(Herm's savior)did not play all year..who's team was it??

More excuses. Keep it up it's funny.

petegz28
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Who is Solari's boss?

Ok so then all the crap about Gun, Jimmy Rae and Hackett is BS then heh?

milkman
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
He got htere we didn't. End of story

When did we argue about whether Herman ****ing Edwards making the playoffs?

Who gives a flying rat's ass.

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok so then all the crap about Gun, Jimmy Rae and Hackett is BS then heh?
It fell on Marty just as this falls on Herm. The head coach is responsible for the performance of the team.

Bald but Beautiful
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
If I can weigh in here, I think Mike Solari is a predictable play caller because Herm wants it that way. Herm believes in playing good defense and then running the ball on offense to win games. However if the opponent knows this then Herm's plan fails and then the carousel of OC's for Herm continues like clockwork. Plus adding in Trent Green being ineffective most of the time throwing down field and a o line that does not pass block very well(again Willie Roaf was missed) and with a largely immobile QB you have the offensive woes of the Chiefs. LJ carries better be around 300 next season or he will be gone for sure. Gonzo I think is gone, as well as Huard. I hope Trent Green retires, likeable guy but he is no longer a good quarterback in this league. Mike Solari you ask, well, I would give him one more year as the OC with the new QB at the helm. If the Herm-Solari-Green triangle happens next season, I may burn my Chiefs stuff.